Killer Instinct 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
The long awaited revival of the Killer Instinct series by Rare has finally happened:

NClekN9U_IA&feature=player_embedded

ULTRAAAA COMBOOO!!!

Ridley_Prime
Already gave my first impressions on it in the next-gen consoles thread... Still bittersweet about this not being on 360 as well which looks like it could've been easily added on. Other than that I like the remix of the main menu music they had going there, but the voice announcer didn't have that same kind of cool flare like in the original IMO.

I wonder if cheap broken Cinder will be back, Riptor, or whoever else from the first game that didn't return in the 2nd. Would be awesome too if there was a Netherrealm Studios esque story mode to it, but am not expecting that much right now.

Regardless, you can probably expect me to play this blast from the past when there's a price drop for the One.

CosmicComet
The closest thing to a megaton at that conference.

Bro SMASH
It kind of reminds me of the SFIV games (which I'm sure is an influence on it)...but yeah, why wait all the way up til' Xbox One for this? Come on...

Nemesis X
Hopefully the reveal for this game opens a chance for the older Killer Instinct games to be rereleased on Xbox Live Arcade on the 360.

Ridley_Prime
Jago sounds more like Ryu than ever with his projectiles.

Anyway, if they do that then I guess they will have redeemed themselves to some degree far as KI, and with how much they claimed they would still be supporting the 360 at the conference (sporting that new model for it and all), I would hope that'd be the case for the original KI games. Maybe one of them will even be one of those free download games that were mentioned, though I wouldn't get my hopes up that high.

I still have my SNES copy of the first game, but of course with the controls, it's barely playable in this day and age.

BackFire
I hope this doesn't suck. I've been waiting for this for years.

Bro SMASH
Jago vs. Sabrewulf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_488413&feature=iv&src_vid=RsLgU21SPHk&v=9F5Eq7Z0-ss

ares834
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

laughing out loud

Ridley_Prime
edit

Not sure what to think of that right now actually.

juggerman
SPINAL!!!!!!!!!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ares834
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

.......What?

Ridley_Prime
*clears throat*
Okay, had to re-read that article a few times because I didn't want to believe what I was reading the first time I saw it. I mean I was overjoyed at first when I saw the title of the link until I read all the way further down...

The game itself is a free download for the One (cool) and Jago is free. Made me think at first it would be nice to get a price dropped Xbox One sometime without having to pay $60 for a new KI until I saw... the part where everyone else costs money to have...

Even KI they managed to **** up with their soulless marketing. This makes the Capcom DLC shenanigans in their fighting games look... generous now. Rare... I need Doctor Who or someone to travel back in time and prevent Microsoft from ever taking them from Nintendo.

S_D_J
Does this mean you can also pay to win in online tourneys?

Oh M$... you so EA

Ridley_Prime
Looking forward to Angry Joe going over this in part of his pt 3 rant.

S_D_J
hehehe

has he release a video yet?

I'm not subscribed, but the last two were hilarious, spiting the screen and all

Zack Fair
I suppose every demo for fighters out there is free to play.

LOL WTF do they think they are fooling?

Ridley_Prime
Kinda old now, but it's been said that this game will only have somewhere from 6 to 8 characters planned... Eww that sucks.

http://www.destructoid.com/killer-instinct-reveals-its-pricing-scheme-260375.phtml

The likes of Cinder and Riptor are planned at least, as well as like one new character, but I've been hearing that it either won't have Fulgore, Orchid, or both. Fulgore's the posterboy for KI like Scorpion is for Mortal Kombat, so if he's not in then the devs clearly don't care.

BackFire
I read elsewhere that the 8 characters are planned in the first year, and there will be more characters added over the second year as well.

So, eventually all of the iconic characters should be in it, just might take a while. Six characters at launch does seem very low, though.

Tzeentch._
It's pathetic. lol

Talk about getting bent over. There is literally no reason other than financial greed that they'll only have 8 characters at release.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by BackFire
I read elsewhere that the 8 characters are planned in the first year, and there will be more characters added over the second year as well.

So, eventually all of the iconic characters should be in it, just might take a while. Six characters at launch does seem very low, though.
I heard the same about there being a 2nd season/batch of DLC characters for 2014, but that it would happen ONLY IF KI3 ends up selling/being successful enough during its debut. Otherwise they wouldn't bother with who they left out aside from the 6 to 8 characters already planned.

Fulgore should've been one of the first characters added along with Jago since he's the posterboy for KI and since the two are rivals/enemies, like Scorpion and Subzero. If a 2nd batch of characters happens though and some of the more obvious picks like Fulgore and Orchid are among them, I guess I can forgive 'em at least.

Still, this whole process of having characters added is just financial greed as Blax put it. If Sony or someone else had bought Rare, I can almost guarantee that a lot more of the KI cast would've been in this reboot game from the get-go without this majority of 'em being DLC shenanigans.

BackFire
It's still possible that Fulgore will be one of the first 6 characters, no? They've only officially shown 4 characters, while hinting at Kim Wu as the fifth. Won't be surprised if Fulgore is the last character revealed before launch to get people a bit more excited.

I'm also not so sure it has that much to do with greed as it does with them simply starting production on this project kind of late. I get the impression with what's being left out from the launch version of the game (no story mode, 6 characters) that they probably started production fairly recently, and they want it as a launch title where the title will probably stand out more to those who weren't previously fans of the series. I think it has more to do with them trying to get the game out there before it's fully ready. Which I guess you could argue is still based on greed.

Nemesis X
http://www.screwattack.com/news/killer-instinct-classic-will-be-re-released-bonus-feature-killer-instinct-ultra-edition

So instead of promoting Killer Instinct by rereleasing the classic on both the 360 and the One, Microsoft decided it would be best you get it ONLY if you buy their special editions for the third game and KI2 will be available sometime later after KI3's release but, again, only on the One.

I don't want the One! Just give me the classics!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m800ahrWqv1rr23bv.gif

Ridley_Prime
Eh, go freakin figure. It's Microshit after all.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, go freakin figure. It's Microshit after all.

They are hit or miss, these days. Don't know how much more my emotions can take. *weeps quietly*

ares834
Why would they release it on the 360? Having it as an exclusive on the One will get very hardcore fans to buy the console. Seems smart to me.

Ridley_Prime
I think you're missing what the main gripe here is. It's not so much that KI3 isn't on the 360, but the fact the classic KI games are only available for those who get the special ultra edition of KI3, when re-releasing the two KI classics on either the 360 or the One as downloadable titles would've been a smart move, as they would've gotten plenty of money from those who only wanted to play the classics, but now they're forcing you to get the ultra edition of KI3 if you want to play the classic games at all, which is an asshat move even for Microshit.

That would've been like if you had to buy the Komplete Edition or whatever for Mortal Kombat 9 if you just wanted to get the MK Arcade Kollection for the first three games. See where I'm getting at now?

ares834
Is it an asshat move, perhaps. But I still see it as a smart one.

Ridley_Prime
Again, plenty would've payed money just to get the classic games. You're saying re-releasing them individually for those who didn't want KI3 wouldn't have been a smart move?

KingD19
I guarantee they'll make less sales of the forced bundle than they would have of all three individual games.

Ridley_Prime
^ See, this man gets it. Ares clearly doesn't.

ares834
Originally posted by KingD19
I guarantee they'll make less sales of the forced bundle than they would have of all three individual games.

Sure, but selling Xbones is more important than selling games on 360.

dadudemon
I think you're missing what the main gripe here is. It's not so much that KI3 isn't on the 360, but the fact the classic KI games are only available for those who get the special ultra edition of KI3, when re-releasing the two KI classics on either the 360 or the One as downloadable titles would've been a smart move, as they would've gotten plenty of money from those who only wanted to play the classics, but now they're forcing you to get the ultra edition of KI3 if you want to play the classic games at all, which is an asshat move even for Microshit.

That would've been like if you had to buy the Komplete Edition or whatever for Mortal Kombat 9 if you just wanted to get the MK Arcade Kollection for the first three games. See where I'm getting at now?

It's amazing that a person that can barely be called a man gets marketing more than the geniuses at Microsoft.

Ridley_Prime
Sure, but selling Xbones is more important than selling games on 360.
Doesn't change that they'd get more money off of selling the three KI's individually than as a forced bundle. Why do you support Microshit's stupidity? Out of fanboyism?

@ dadudemon: Thanks, I think. embarrasment

ares834
Doesn't change that they'd get more money off of selling the three KI's individually than as a forced bundle. Why do you support Microshit's stupidity?

Because I don't see it as stupid. Right now selling Xbones is far more important than making money off 360 games. If releasing KI as a bundle exclusively on the Xbone has them sell more Xbones than it's a good move for Microsoft.

Yes, it sucks for those people who want KI but had no intention of buying the Xbone. But that's the point, now those people may end up buying it.

Out of fanboyism?

laughing out loud

The fanboy argument a classic tactic. How about arguing the points instead of pulling out the ad hominems.

Heck, as of now, I don't intend to get a Xbone until it gets some strong exclusives and becomes cheaper. Right now, the PS3 certainly looks like the preferable console.

Nemesis X
Because I don't see it as stupid. Right now selling Xbones is far more important than making money off 360 games. If releasing KI as a bundle exclusively on the Xbone has them sell more Xbones than it's a good move for Microsoft.

Yes, it sucks for those people who want KI but had no intention of buying the Xbone. But that's the point, now those people may end up buying it.

I like KI but **** that. As much I like pulling off ultra combos with a raptor, it's not worth getting if it means going that far just to play it haermm

Ridley_Prime

Only the most diehard fans for KI would get an xbone just for that forced bundle though, which is marginal compared to the amount that would've payed money just to play the classic KI games again as downloadable titles on the 360 OR the One.

Which option makes them the most money is what should naturally be the most important decision as a business, and what I said is what would get them more money from KI than the forced bundle crap. I mean despite how long it's been around, KI alone won't be a system seller like Halo or one of those series, as it's got more of a small cult fanbase than anything else, with how long it's been dead till recently...

laughing out loud

The fanboy argument a classic tactic. How about arguing the points instead of pulling out the ad hominems.
Was genuinely trying to take a guess out of why you were doing what you're doing more than I was being an ad hominem, but okay.

Heck, as of now, I don't intend to get a Xbone until it gets some strong exclusives and becomes cheaper. Right now, the PS3 certainly looks like the preferable console.
So you admit then that KI isn't a particularly strong exclusive? Why do you say then that the forced bundle is a smart move, even though it gets them less money than the alternative mentioned?

You mean PS4? In which case, I agree.

ares834
I have no interest in fighting games, and yeah, I don't see it as that strong of an exclusive but I know plenty of people who were huge fans of the games.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, fair enough then.

Nemesis X
The sales for KI3 I imagine still won't reach Microsoft's expectations. As Ridley said, the fanbase is kind of small for it's been years since we've seen that fighter and making the older Killer Instincts exclusive to a bundle on another platform won't really motivate potential newcomers unless those games were available on the 360 for them to try out and leave them with a wanting for more which will then make them get a One if they want to play the third installment. That would've been a better strategy IMO.

RedX1852
Looking forward to Angry Joe going over this in part of his pt 3 rant.

ANGRY JOE smile I Love him, but i don't think he's talking or concerned about Killer Instinct, he's more concerned about his new PS4 and KillZone, Miles923 is talking about Killer Instinct

RedX1852
I hope they add my man TJ Combo

Ridley_Prime
... Moving on...

Glad I was wrong about Fulgore not being in the game. Just got worried after awhile when I didn't see the posterboy of KI on the scene.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/mk_/images/thumb/d/d6/FULGORE_-_KILLER_I.jpg/400px-FULGORE_-_KILLER_I.jpg

Then there's Spinal too. Good to see him with more details like armor and stuff.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/mk_/images/thumb/e/e3/SPINAL_-SCREENS.jpg/400px-SPINAL_-SCREENS.jpg

I don't suppose KI3 has an actual story like Mortal Kombat 9 or Injustice, does it? S'alright if it doesn't, but sure would be nice if it did. If anyone who has access to the game can confirm (or deconfirm) that for me, would be much appreciated.

the ninjak

I don't suppose KI3 has an actual story like Mortal Kombat 9 or Injustice, does it? S'alright if it doesn't, but sure would be nice if it did. If anyone who has access to the game can confirm (or deconfirm) that for me, would be much appreciated.

Apparently the game has no story, no boss and no individual plots.

Just a straight up multiplayer game with a simple single player vs mode.

Nemesis X
No wonder they're making us buy the first two Killer Instincts with it.

RedX1852
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No wonder they're making us buy the first two Killer Instincts with it. yeah that is kinda disappointing, that we have no Story or Final Boss, hopefully it will be a DLC Mode, or Boss Character other than that i think the replay value will be pretty low for Silver Players, cuz if you dont have a story to keep them hooked, all they will be doing is fighting CPU and that will get Boring if you don't have imagination to make your own, but thats me. Gold Players will have a Higher Replay Value because of the Multiplayer, me personally, i don't need gold to play a game for a long time, but for other players they might feel impatient, me playing offline gives me time to Train with my characters and learn ULTRA COMBOS, with Chief Zangief and Zoneious, and i'm also waiting for Spinal and to see what customizable accessories he comes with, especially FULGORE!!! ONLY ON XBOX OOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
Apparently the game has no story, no boss and no individual plots.

Just a straight up multiplayer game with a simple single player vs mode.

What. The. Heck.

I thought it was lame already that the next Smash Brothers game won't be featuring video intros, but now everyone seems to think stripping features from games is the way to go.

RedX1852
Originally posted by Bentley
What. The. Heck.

I thought it was lame already that the next Smash Brothers game won't be featuring video intros, but now everyone seems to think stripping features from games is the way to go. but Spinal is Awesome

Yeah that Kinda Sucks

Smasandian
The full game (Ultra Edition) is 39 bucks. Not 59 bucks so if you expect a full fledged game then your not paying for one.

It's a free to play game. You get the basics for free and then you add what you want.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, it's a fair deal price-wise given the content or lack thereof, but yeah. Not even Eyedol, Gargos, or anything for a boss? What were they thinking? I would kill to see Eyedol again. The beast used to scare me as a kid.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8168/eyedolvsspinaley2.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3466/603201ki3superyq1.gif

Ridley_Prime
What. The. Heck.

I thought it was lame already that the next Smash Brothers game won't be featuring video intros, but now everyone seems to think stripping features from games is the way to go.
Damn, forgot to reply to this bit. Anyway, that there goes without saying, but I agree... It's not so much a loss for Smash Bros though IMO, but stripping features like individual character plots was kind of a big part of what turned me off from Soul Calibur 5 for instance, and coincidentally Namco's working on that new Smash too, so I guess it's a case of history repeating itself? lol

At least I still have Netherrealm though to provide me with good additional content for fighters aside from a simple single player and online. Come on, MK10!

RedX1852
Yeah, it's a fair deal price-wise given the content or lack thereof, but yeah. Not even Eyedol, Gargos, or anything for a boss? What were they thinking? I would kill to see Eyedol again. The beast used to scare me as a kid.

yeah but he's not near as rememberable as other bosses like Shao Kahn, M.Bison, Rugal, Ogre, or others like that. and thats the problem Killer Instinct all though a god damn good series didn't change with the times and got left behind for 20 Years, while games like Tekken, Street Fighter, King Of Fighters survived and managed to make games and an impact on consoles like the 360 and PS3, and even before that,s so we cant expect much out of this game story-wise, just expect the good o'l combat and Characters, and hopefully we get TJ Combo, add some Diversity, they tagged Indians(Chief Thunder), Monks(Jago), Robots(Fuglore), Skeletons(Spinal), Elemental Creatures(Glacious), and Animals (Sabrewolf) but we have yet to get our Balrog of Killer Instinct yet lol, and what better way to piss more fans off than not add a Black Character or Boxer, and i am a fan, and hopefully i don't stand alone, but i want TJ Combo by the end of this year, don't get me wrong any other character will do fine, but specifically i want TJ Combo, i loved him and Boxing since i was a kid and it would suck not to see him in the relaunch of Killer Instinct or anytime soon i just think he will be interesting seeing as how a Boxer would fit in with all these Monsters, Monks, Sexy Black Female Ninjas, Spider-women, Full On Sub Zero, a Predator like Robot, and a Skull Pirate, and Chief Nightwing-Raiden Thunder, but he did kill Raptor and become TJ the Dinosaur Slayer, i juts think he's interesting cuz he's the odd one out of the cast, i mean he's just a boxer, but killing Raptor is an amazing feat for a character like him, and i would hate to see him not be included, but thats just me hopefully i'm not alone

RedX1852

Bentley
Damn, forgot to reply to this bit. Anyway, that there goes without saying, but I agree... It's not so much a loss for Smash Bros though IMO, but stripping features like individual character plots was kind of a big part of what turned me off from Soul Calibur 5 for instance, and coincidentally Namco's working on that new Smash too, so I guess it's a case of history repeating itself? lol

At least I still have Netherrealm though to provide me with good additional content for fighters aside from a simple single player and online. Come on, MK10!

Yeah, its not that much of a deal on Smash Brothers, I'm just giving them the pass this once because they are porting the games to the 3DS.

So what I'm trying to say is... Rare better port KI3 to the 3DS.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by RedX1852
yeah but he's not near as rememberable as other bosses like Shao Kahn, M.Bison, Rugal, Ogre, or others like that. and thats the problem Killer Instinct all though a god damn good series didn't change with the times and got left behind for 20 Years, while games like Tekken, Street Fighter, King Of Fighters survived and managed to make games and an impact on consoles like the 360 and PS3, and even before that,s so we cant expect much out of this game story-wise, just expect the good o'l combat and Characters, and hopefully we get TJ Combo, add some Diversity, they tagged Indians(Chief Thunder), Monks(Jago), Robots(Fuglore), Skeletons(Spinal), Elemental Creatures(Glacious), and Animals (Sabrewolf) but we have yet to get our Balrog of Killer Instinct yet lol, and what better way to piss more fans off than not add a Black Character or Boxer, and i am a fan, and hopefully i don't stand alone, but i want TJ Combo by the end of this year, don't get me wrong any other character will do fine, but specifically i want TJ Combo, i loved him and Boxing since i was a kid and it would suck not to see him in the relaunch of Killer Instinct or anytime soon i just think he will be interesting seeing as how a Boxer would fit in with all these Monsters, Monks, Sexy Black Female Ninjas, Spider-women, Full On Sub Zero, a Predator like Robot, and a Skull Pirate, and Chief Nightwing-Raiden Thunder, but he did kill Raptor and become TJ the Dinosaur Slayer, i juts think he's interesting cuz he's the odd one out of the cast, i mean he's just a boxer, but killing Raptor is an amazing feat for a character like him, and i would hate to see him not be included, but thats just me hopefully i'm not alone
Disagree on Eyedol not being as memorable as some of those other bosses, but to each their own.

Yeah, even before the Rare and M$ fiasco, KI didn't seem like it was prioritized by Rare that much, though under Nintendo I'm sure they still would've came up with a KI3 themselves anyway given time, which I'm betting would've been a lot sooner than when MS came out with it with how long they had been sitting on the IP before finally using it, but I digress. As it is, KI didn't continue and change with time like those other fighters till recently for multiple unfortunate reasons.

As for T.J. Combo, you forgot to mention he's a boxer with bionic implants, who got kicked out of a boxing championship for that very reason. lol Then he entered the KI tournament to try and reclaim his lost title and for money & fame... Such a shallow character. The implants were also the only reason that hack was able to kill Riptor, I'm guessing. Regardless though, don't care whether he gets included or not as much as the other cast.

Yeah, its not that much of a deal on Smash Brothers, I'm just giving them the pass this once because they are porting the games to the 3DS.

So what I'm trying to say is... Rare better port KI3 to the 3DS.
Eh, kinda hard to see that happening now, but I guess one can always hope.

RedX1852
Disagree on Eyedol not being as memorable as some of those other bosses, but to each their own.

Yeah, even before the Rare and M$ fiasco, KI didn't seem like it was prioritized by Rare that much, though under Nintendo I'm sure they still would've came up with a KI3 themselves anyway given time, which I'm betting would've been a lot sooner than when MS came out with it with how long they had been sitting on the IP before finally using it, but I digress. As it is, KI didn't continue and change with time like those other fighters till recently for multiple unfortunate reasons.

As for T.J. Combo, you forgot to mention he's a boxer with bionic implants, who got kicked out of a boxing championship for that very reason. lol Then he entered the KI tournament to try and reclaim his lost title and for money & fame... Such a shallow character. The implants were also the only reason that hack was able to kill Riptor, I'm guessing. Regardless though, don't care whether he gets included or not as much as the other cast.

oh Yeah, Bionic Arm hmm meaning another company used the same character idea and concept in their game *Cough* Steve Fox *Cough*, but anyway i like TJ Combo, but did you see how Fulgore looks, supposedly he's the third Fulgore, meaning this game is a sequel because the first two Fulgore's were killed and this Fulgore has a Unit 03 on his chest so that would explain why Eyedol isn't in the game and why we don't have a boss, but he could be the closest thing to it, and he has Red Hair this time, so i'm looking forward to it but i know for sure every one is gonna use him and he will be the Bandwaggon character of KI and then he will be deemed Cheap or OP, i'm more exited for Spinal and cant wait to see what accessories he has

and hopefully we get some more DLC Accessories and Stages

Arachnid1
Has anyone played this yet? Was it worth the buy?

Bentley

Yeah, I forgot Rare shows the cold shoulder to Nintendo, rocky relationship.

But considering MS doesn't have a direct competitor to the 3DS*, and that Nintendo players surely have some nostalgia for KI, I think it's losing a great opportunity to make some easy cash.

*- The Surface, obviously, has no bearing in this or any other relevant competition discussion.

Estacado
Played this at a friends house it's pretty awesome.
Easy and fun.Even noobs can pull of 15 hit combos without much difficulty.
Singleplayer has vs mode ,training,survival and tutorial.
Each character can be costumized with different outfit parts that are purchasable and can be unlocked by completing various tasks.
Each has 3 different outfits.
It plays kinda like Sf4 but here it's easy to link moves together like start of with a special move continue with medium kick x3 then do another special continue with medium punch x3 and finish with another special.
It's visiually satisfying to watch these combos.
Each character has shadow moves which are like enhanced specials and use meter bar also they are great for finishing combos.
Every character has an ultra which can be used after the first health bar is down.There is also an instinct mode which can be activated after taking certain amount of hits.It gives you damage boost.
There are very few characters so far Jago,Thunder,Orchid,Glacious,Saberwulf forgot the last ones name it was a chick.
If they extend it with some levels and characters it will be a must by title imo.
Glacious was my fave character hoping for Cinder to be dlc.

BlackZero30x
I also played at a friends house. Im pretty sure I will be getting this not long after I pick up my Xbone...which should be next week. Anyways I was excited about playing as Glacious but damn is he so slow. I don't remember him being this slow when I was younger.

BlackZero30x
I have taken a liking to Jago. and maybe ive been spoiled with other fighters but it kinda sucks there is only 8 characters.

Bro SMASH
Cinder trailer and Aria tease:

V3LdojemPys

So great to hear Cinder's theme again too!

Nemesis X
Dr3Q4ICnzLA

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4e/f8/22/4ef822b9efa498145c70ccff31988d1f.jpg

Bro SMASH
How come you didn't show the whole trailer?

Anyway, I'll post it:

zm24L2DD1hE

Nemesis X
How was I supposed to know they decided to separate the teasers?

Nemesis X
AIxkQLaW0Ao

Apparently what this Arbiter is supposed to be is a composite version of all previous Arbiters before the current one in Halos 2-5.

Man and here I wanted Keith David sad

BackFire
So FINALLY, after decades of waiting and hoping, and then an announcement of a reboot for a system I didn't want to buy, I have had the chance to play this game for the PC and I absolutely love it.

I was a massive fan of the original 2 games, they were my favorite fighting games of the 90's and I played them both a ton for the SNES and N64, and Double Helix and the new team have done an incredible job making this game really feel like the older ones. Combos are ridiculous and really fun and satisfying, the characters all feel faithful to their old versions, with some cool updates. The graphics are very nice and I feel like the value of the content is very strong - there's lots to do. And the new gameplay systems they've introduced have made the game a bit more technical than the old ones which is great.

I'm really happy with this game, it's what I've been wanting for decades now and being able to finally play it is surreal and extremely exciting.

Jmanghan
Bump, since people refuse to use the advanced search bar under titles only.

The search bar works some of the time people.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Bump, since people refuse to use the advanced search bar under titles only.

The search bar works some of the time people. Sigh, GOLF CLAP

CPT Space Bomb
Been trying out ranked combat atm.

Currently I'm on pace to be put in Gold league....I'm 4-1 in placements....though I doubt that will last lol. Still, the fights are intense and fun.

CPT Space Bomb
What are your guys' favorite fighters? So far I love Tusk and Jago.

Also, Gargos' combat trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6IV7f_znY

Ridley_Prime
I've used everyone a good deal to grind out their fight titles, matches played, exp level, and stuff (still need to do more ranked though), but as far as favorites, I guess they'd have to be Sadira, Orchid, Fulgore, Kan-Ra, Riptor, Cinder, ARIA, and Kim Wu.

Omen was also fun as a bonus character. As far as like Mira, the last character they had out, her health system was interesting, but also put her at a real disadvantage against pretty much anyone else, since using combos slowly drains health and you have to do that bite special to gain health back. erm

Definitely excited for Gargos as mentioned before, but still hoping for Eyedol somewhere in season 3 however likely or unlikely it may be... It'd be a shame for him not to be included since he's the only veteran fighter who has yet to be brought back now, and I liked him better than Gargos as a boss back in the day... but there's no denying the revamped Gargos has given me a whole new liking to the character. Wasn't that impressed with him in KI2 since he was just a generic looking gargoyle back then and an easy boss, but now... he's kinda on top of the world, in a manner of speaking.

CPT Space Bomb
I've used everyone a good deal to grind out their fight titles, matches played, exp level, and stuff (still need to do more ranked though), but as far as favorites, I guess they'd have to be Sadira, Orchid, Fulgore, Kan-Ra, Riptor, Cinder, ARIA, and Kim Wu.

Omen was also fun as a bonus character. As far as like Mira, the last character they had out, her health system was interesting, but also put her at a real disadvantage against pretty much anyone else, since using combos slowly drains health and you have to do that bite special to gain health back. erm

Definitely excited for Gargos as mentioned before, but still hoping for Eyedol somewhere in season 3 however likely or unlikely it may be... It'd be a shame for him not to be included since he's the only veteran fighter who has yet to be brought back now, and I liked him better than Gargos as a boss back in the day... but there's no denying the revamped Gargos has given me a whole new liking to the character. Wasn't that impressed with him in KI2 since he was just a generic looking gargoyle back then and an easy boss, but now... he's kinda on top of the world, in a manner of speaking. Yah, wasn't Eyedol the only one capable of stopping him in the "Lore" anyway? I really am hoping for Eyedol to return as well. Maybe they're saving him for the ultimate bad-ass boss? Well, there are 2 more characters coming out this year but I think one of them is General Raam from Gears of War? I'm really not excited about all these crossover characters they're coming out with tbh....I'd prefer new characters that fit into the lore and not fanboy service....but they know it'll drive sales so it's smart on their end.

CPT Space Bomb
God, the music in this game....so incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQDab8vT8GU

CPT Space Bomb
So, Gargos is out now and he's pretty fun. He can summon 2 minions but they're almost useless in pvp. Still, he certainly doesn't NEED the minions; as he has enough tools without them to win. He is definitely a higher skill-cap character though. Also, his moves are SICK. Really cool and just really makes me wish they'd redo Eyedol as well.

Ridley_Prime
Thy prayers have been answered.

Tjoe9ylFoi8

And here's a screenshot of his retro design, which I think I still like a little better, but the new one's not bad either.

https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/754585446412275716

I'm glad this game wasn't another case of Mortal Kombat X where too many guests were ultimately included at the expense of original series characters that were wanted.

Bro SMASH
I'm glad this game wasn't another case of Mortal Kombat X where too many guests were ultimately included at the expense of original series characters that were wanted.

Isn't there still another Kombat Pack though?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.