Kingdom Hearts 3 (E3 2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Seriously?

no thread for this yet?

Well here it goes:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-kingdom-hearts-3-coming-to-ps4

I was starting to ponder the idea of jumping to PC this gen (and maybe a WiiU), but then they announced this.

The No DRM was the cherry on top

Can't wait for this game

Discuss...

Edit: unless of course there's an older speculation thread, in which case, close or merge

Demonic Phoenix
Prolly not PS4 exclusive, though it should be. Stupid bastards made every other game in the series exclusive to one console at the time of release.

S_D_J
Honestly, I don't care if it's multiplatform or not, it's finally confirmed

I was just hard set on not buying an Xbone, and thinking about skipping this gen if the PS4 had the same DRM bullsh*t...

It's KH, it is a system seller for me, I only hope Nomura doesn't take 6 more years

NotAllThatEvil
I hope you get to play as roxas.

AuraAngel
PS4 is the only one mentioned in the trailer so for now I'll assume it's exclusive.

S_D_J
So

new disney worlds...

Avengers

or

the Death Star

ares834
Originally posted by AuraAngel
PS4 is the only one mentioned in the trailer so for now I'll assume it's exclusive.

It's not. They only show the PS logo because the trailer was at the Sony Conference. MGS5's trailer did the same thing.

Originally posted by S_D_J
So

new disney worlds...

Avengers

or

the Death Star

My god...

AuraAngel
Well exclusive or not one console is cheaper and I have never had an interest in the Xbox(cept for when I've played Fable. I liked that).

All I know is Disney is buying everything and Square loves to play with the newer properties. Seeing Sora, Donald, and Goofy fighting alongside the Avengers would be just about the coolest thing ever. Same for a Yoda vs Mickey scenario.

S_D_J
Yoda Vs Mickey would be nice, just not holding my breath for any of that really happening

Still, anything it's possible at this point

AuraAngel
What we saw(which was sparse as Hell) made it look...odd. But dat gameplay looked fun(Sora jumping around like a ninja and riding the Heartless).

Zack Fair
Originally posted by S_D_J
So

new disney worlds...

Avengers

or

the Death Star

31 !!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9237a0c3d2944b9c985deb9ae288db3b/tumblr_mnu4isN19S1sqf4gfo1_400.gif

Nemesis X
Darth Vader as the new Herald of Galactus. It needs to happen.

AuraAngel
KH doesn't work that way(though mixing all the new toys of Disney along with the old stuff into one big pile would be fun) but one could easily see a scenario where a FF Hero/Villain is on a noteworthy planet.

I mean Auron was brought back by Hades and he had the best lines in the game.

JayDaDon
I have to say between Avengers or Star Wars, I'd be way more excited if KH3 mixed some Star wars in there. Avengers and Marvel are complicated and exposed enough as it is these days.

AuraAngel
At first I thought that was a new Keyblade but apparently it's Master Eraqus'. That raises quite a few questions since the last person who had that was Aqua and she's sorta stuck in Hell the shadow realm.

But whatever. Game looks nice and I like that.

AuraAngel
Officially not exclusive. Can't really blame Square. Money is awesome like that.

S_D_J
Squeenix sure needs the money 31

still, getting it for PS4

BloodRain
Glad to finally get back to the 'older' Sora, hopefully with the combat more like KH2 and less like some of the recent ones.

AuraAngel
The combat looks more KH2-ish but the movement(the jumping deftly on the wave of heartless and bouncing of a building like a ninja) is more akin to 3D's style of movement, which was really fun if a bit too flashy for my tastes(as in bright lights).

Combining the two would be fun.

BloodRain
Movement thing was one of the main draws of 3D.. even though I felt that game to be a little fluffy especially compared to KH2.

Chances of having Marvel and SW plots? Or the new SW trilogy depending on release date?

AuraAngel
KH 3D was "fun" but yeah had a lot more stuff in it than was maybe necessary. Glad to see Donald and Goofy returning for this rodeo.

No idea but considering Terra's story is blatantly Anakin's(except far better given the universe) Square would probably love the chance. The Avengers is less likely but also possible considering Tron Legacy got one and it wasn't nearly as good.

Apparently Mickey will also be joining them which makes me think Lea and Kairi's Keyblade training will be handled by Riku.

BloodRain
The actiony parts worked imo. Those summons/partners? Eh, too cartoony.. for that Disney game.. hm.

I feel Avengers would be more likely mainly due to its recent popularity, even if the SW fanbase is larger
Wouldn't mind either way if Riku was playable or not, and it seems likely there will be more controllable characters with the Keyblade roster. With what they've done with 3D, BBS and Days its likely.

AuraAngel
Some guy pointed out the most awesome way to include the Avengers: make them a Summon.

Sora: "Avengers Assemble!"

I'd lose my shit if that happened.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Some guy pointed out the most awesome way to include the Avengers: make them a Summon.

Sora: "Avengers Assemble!"

I'd lose my shit if that happened.

Master Xenahort better not piss off every single one of them.

Phanteros
I hope you get to play as Robert Downy Jr. as a option to Sora. Because that will make the game a must get.

AuraAngel
Well it'll be a while until the new KH so for kicks what is everybody's favorite game? I'm replaying all of them(except one and you could probably guess which one) since they are fun and stuff.

BloodRain
Always KH2.

Without a doubt the best combat and the plot is only starting to get confusing, but not like all the .5 games.

Though if I played it 3D might replace my choice. Its already up there from wakthroughs.

AuraAngel
Watching the Reaction Commands really did make me want to pick up and play KHII again. And I am pumped.

But upon starting the game I realized one of the big problems with the game: a long ass opening world. And compared to the pretty good tutorial in the original it comes off as worse. >.<

BloodRain

AuraAngel
Well I don't envy the task of introducing a character and then quickly making him sympathetic before killing him off. But I loathe many of the days there. You know that whole "we have to raise 5000 munny" thing? Turns out all you have to do is get a whopping 50 and you can proceed. I felt foolish when I realized that but the game makes it seem like you need to get 800. Such crap.

To be fair it's the guy writing the article that called him a Keyblade Master. And Sora did seem to go back to take the exam again so maybe he's changed. This is supposed to be an older Sora anyway.

But if Sora gets a ftl vehicle I'll be content.

Nemesis X
KH3 director wants to include the Star Wars franchise should he get Disney's permission.

Nemesis X
m2VV8kb15CQ

AuraAngel
NKo4BgDnlfQ

Neat. Sora has a chariot now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.