Unified Field Theory vs Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jitay
Gravitron, Quantum, Halflife, Magneto (replacing Zzaxx)

VS

Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman, Hal Jordan, Hyperion, Hulk, Gladiator

How would each fare by themselves?
How would each fare as a team?

Digi
The hell are Quantum and Halflife?

jitay
Changing Quantum to Blue Marvel & Half Life to Rogue who has already been willingly given the powers of the other three

jitay
Originally posted by jitay

How would each fare by themselves?
How would each fare as a team?

Refers to Team Herald

MF DELPH
Is Quantum Jenny Quantum?

edit

So Blue Marvel and Rogue (with the powers of Magneto, Blue Marvel, and Graviton) along with Graviton and Magneto versus the group heralds?

Heralds for the W. Individual fights amongst the combatants would be interesting in certain matchups (Blue Marvel Vs. Supes, Gladiator, or Thor would be a nice comic). Pairing Mjolnir with the Surfer and Hal is a bit much (particularly when you look at what Surfer pulled off working with Quasar and Ronan).

Digi
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Is Quantum Jenny Quantum?

That would make this fight more interesting. Though I'd still likely side with the heralds. I feel like Surfer and/or Thor have the power set to stymie Jenny Q long enough to be able to gang up on her, even though she'd be the most powerful single character in the fight.

tijay
no marvekl character

though jenny is interesting

tijay
Marvel

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Digi
That would make this fight more interesting. Though I'd still likely side with the heralds. I feel like Surfer and/or Thor have the power set to stymie Jenny Q long enough to be able to gang up on her, even though she'd be the most powerful single character in the fight.
I don't think the heralds have a chance of winning easily, if at all. Jenny's power is clearly up there in the same league as guys like Legion and Franklin at her peak feats. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that with a proper mindset she could definitely solo the whole team

golem370
Qauntum- http://marvel.com/universe/Quantum

&

Halflife- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=406

Digi
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I don't think the heralds have a chance of winning easily, if at all. Jenny's power is clearly up there in the same league as guys like Legion and Franklin at her peak feats. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that with a proper mindset she could definitely solo the whole team

Disagree. Franklin is nigh-abstract at his best. Jenny lacks feats to put her in that range. There's even some fairly compelling direct evidence that she wasn't the most powerful on her own team (that distinction goes to the Doctor). I'll grant you only that she would be the class of this fight, but not unstoppable with a team of properly versatile heralds. Thor could counter dimensional portals for BFR or bringing in help, Surfer could counter quantum effects or matter manip. Either could negate anti-matter attacks. At that point it's a test of raw power. I think Jenny takes that over any one of them. But 2, 3? Nah.

If the heralds didn't have those two, sure, she might solo. No one else is properly equipped to handle her. But they have the right combo of versatility to keep her occupied.

If you're talking DCnU, I have no idea. Haven't really followed Stormwatch since the reboot.

Alas, OP didn't mean Jenny Q, so we're having a hypothetical discussion here.

TheGodKiller
Disagree. Franklin is nigh-abstract at his best. Jenny lacks feats to put her in that range. There's even some fairly compelling direct evidence that she wasn't the most powerful on her own team (that distinction goes to the Doctor). I'll grant you only that she would be the class of this fight, but not unstoppable with a team of properly versatile heralds. Thor could counter dimensional portals for BFR or bringing in help, Surfer could counter quantum effects or matter manip. Either could negate anti-matter attacks. At that point it's a test of raw power. I think Jenny takes that over any one of them. But 2, 3? Nah.

If the heralds didn't have those two, sure, she might solo. No one else is properly equipped to handle her. But they have the right combo of versatility to keep her occupied.

If you're talking DCnU, I have no idea. Haven't really followed Stormwatch since the reboot.

Alas, OP didn't mean Jenny Q, so we're having a hypothetical discussion here.
Her power is equal to Jenny Fractal, at morals off, and Fractal's imploded the multiverse iirc. Which is comparable to Franklin's feats of temporarily holding off a multiversal collapse and creating a cascade of countless pocket realities.

So yeah, morals off, Jenny Q should be nigh Abstract as well. I don't recall anything definitive regarding the Doctor being superior to her. I doubt it means anything though, since IIRC she was referred at least once as the (potential) Supreme Being of the Wildstorm reality.

Yup, a hypothetical discussion it is.

Digi
Her power is equal to Jenny Fractal, at morals off, and Fractal's imploded the multiverse iirc. Which is comparable to Franklin's feats of temporarily holding off a multiversal collapse and creating a cascade of countless pocket realities.

So yeah, morals off, Jenny Q should be nigh Abstract as well. I don't recall anything definitive regarding the Doctor being superior to her. I doubt it means anything though, since IIRC she was referred at least once as the (potential) Supreme Being of the Wildstorm reality.

Yup, a hypothetical discussion it is.

She was only called Fractal for Morrison's 6-7 issue run, iirc, and they barely had powers for the entirety of that run. When did this implosion feat happen? Context is also important. The Doctor has created a universe, but once you realize how it happened, it's much less impressive.

Supreme Being of Wildstorm reality? Source, please. Potential or otherwise, that's some BS. You're not confusing her with the Creation Engine and its avatars/offshoots, are you? That's the highest known power in Wildstorm.

Anyway, her and the Doctor fought. They stalemated through some impressive back and forth, admitted that either could easily destroy the whole planet, then Habib turned it up and was pretty clearly shown to be her better (though only slightly, and not incontrovertibly).

{edit} oh, the twin...Fractal. Sure. Still, when did she implode a multiverse?

pym-ftw
Gravity isn't part of the UFT...

Heralds win

TheGodKiller
She was only called Fractal for Morrison's 6-7 issue run, iirc, and they barely had powers for the entirety of that run. When did this implosion feat happen? Context is also important. The Doctor has created a universe, but once you realize how it happened, it's much less impressive.

Supreme Being of Wildstorm reality? Source, please. Potential or otherwise, that's some BS. You're not confusing her with the Creation Engine and its avatars/offshoots, are you? That's the highest known power in Wildstorm.

Anyway, her and the Doctor fought. They stalemated through some impressive back and forth, admitted that either could easily destroy the whole planet, then Habib turned it up and was pretty clearly shown to be her better (though only slightly, and not incontrovertibly).

{edit} oh, the twin...Fractal. Sure. Still, when did she implode a multiverse?
She was merging the multiverse and rupturing reality while doing so. This feat is more or less similar to Adult Franklin Richards holding off the collapse of the multiverse in Fantastic Four #582, only difference being that he was visibly straining to do so, and had to eventually relent, while she didn't show any signs of slowing down :
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse01_zpsc99729cd.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse02_zps181a1fc2.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse03_zps989b8d50.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse04_zpsbb07a56f.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse05_zpsb680d292.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse06_zps79072006.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse07_zps0abe65d7.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse08_zps7c526b6a.jpg
I think you're familiar with the feat. Any context I missed out?

I think that it was referenced in one of the arcs surroundingher status as a Century Baby and her subsequent importance to reality, or the one in which Captain Atom blew her up. I am not sure of the exact source at this point, but I distinctly recall it, so I'll try to dig it up

I doubt that's conclusive evidence that he's greater than her, but let's agree to disagree.

Digi
She was merging the multiverse and rupturing reality while doing so. This feat is more or less similar to Adult Franklin Richards holding off the collapse of the multiverse in Fantastic Four #582, only difference being that he was visibly straining to do so, and had to eventually relent, while she didn't show any signs of slowing down :
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse01_zpsc99729cd.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse02_zps181a1fc2.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse03_zps989b8d50.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse04_zpsbb07a56f.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse05_zpsb680d292.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse06_zps79072006.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse07_zps0abe65d7.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Jenny%20Fractal%20blows%20Multiverse/fractal_ruptures_multiverse08_zps7c526b6a.jpg
I think you're familiar with the feat. Any context I missed out?

I think that it was referenced in one of the arcs surroundingher status as a Century Baby and her subsequent importance to reality, or the one in which Captain Atom blew her up. I am not sure of the exact source at this point, but I distinctly recall it, so I'll try to dig it up

I doubt that's conclusive evidence that he's greater than her, but let's agree to disagree.

Not extra context, no. But there's more than one way to read that, and you're giving it the most generous one by a LOT. We only see rifts on Earth, and there's no language to suggest it's universal. And frankly, with the way the Bleed operates in WS, that feat may have been nothing more than opening a series of dimensional portals...not manipulating the multiverse on a personal scale. Just open the doors and let the physics do the damage. I actually think that's way more likely than your interpretation, and it's something heralds and Trans. characters do all the time. It also has precedent in WS, because invaders were constantly pouring out of similar portals and tears to fight the Authority and Stormwatch (think Sliding Albion, for example), but it certainly wasn't collapsing the multiverse. Even if we attribute that feat to JQ (we can't, technically), I don't think it's her best feat. Her crazy versatility in the Doctor fight, or swallowing a supernova-level explosion like it was lunch, would get my vote.

I think far more damning is the fact that Jenny never, ever did anything like that to suggest that her power level, or even potential power level, included being able to collapse entire multiverses. She maxes out under the Doctor quite definitely, who himself struggled with maintaining control over anything greater than planetary level. I'll go ahead and concede that her potential may have been greater than that, but there's not a single feat pushing her past Trans, and the one you cite there technically wasn't her and, again, could be interpreted very differently.

Jenny wasn't the threat in the Cpt. Atom thing, Atom himself was. The universe got remade, but it had nothing to do with Jenny Q. There may have been a throwaway line about her importance, but there are no feats to back it up. Mostly, with her not around, the century would go to sh*t because she was its essence. In that sense, she was the most important person to have around. But "most powerful" does not follow from that.

I'm happy disagreeing. I never mind a good Authority discussion. happy

TheGodKiller
Not extra context, no. But there's more than one way to read that, and you're giving it the most generous one by a LOT. We only see rifts on Earth, and there's no language to suggest it's universal. And frankly, with the way the Bleed operates in WS, that feat may have been nothing more than opening a series of dimensional portals...not manipulating the multiverse on a personal scale. Just open the doors and let the physics do the damage. I actually think that's way more likely than your interpretation, and it's something heralds and Trans. characters do all the time.

I think far more damning is the fact that Jenny never, ever did anything like that to suggest that her power level, or even potential power level, included being able to collapse entire multiverses. She maxes out under the Doctor quite definitely, who himself struggled with maintaining control over anything greater than planetary level.

Jenny wasn't the threat in the Cpt. Atom thing, Atom himself was. The universe got remade, but it had nothing to do with Jenny Q. There may have been a throwaway line about her importance, but there are no feats to back it up. Mostly, with her not around, the century would go to sh*t because she was its essence. In that sense, she was the most important person to have around. But "most powerful" does not follow from that.
What? The very first scan outright tells us that she's merging every reality in the multiverse into one.
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/fractal_merges_multiverse_zps3af462b7.jpg
Don't know why you'd question it's scope being multiversal, when the scans are quite clear on the matter.

If she's supposed to be the complete equal of her evil twin, then it holds that, with all morals off, she'd operate on at least a universal scale. Hence her being comparable to Franklin based on feats, even though in a forum fight he'd beat her in all likelihood given her telepathic vulnerabilities and fluctuating durability.

I know she wasn't the threat in that arc, nor did I refer to her as such anywhere in my previous post.

Digi
Ergh, well hell, missed that line. My bad. Thanks for pointing it out.

It does complicate my interpretation. I just can't reconcile it with what we saw from her after this arc. I'd still only be able to go so far as say her potential was there, but that we never saw it manifested so fully. Morals or not, abstract/multiversal seems such a stretch given what else we saw from her.

Well, you've gone and muddied my opinion, and now I'm not sure what to think. Congrats, d*ck.

crackers

TheGodKiller
Ergh, well hell, missed that line. My bad. Thanks for pointing it out.

It does complicate my interpretation. I just can't reconcile it with what we saw from her after this arc. I'd still only be able to go so far as say her potential was there, but that we never saw it manifested so fully. Morals or not, abstract/multiversal seems such a stretch given what else we saw from her.

Well, you've gone and muddied my opinion. Congrats, d*ck.

crackers
It's exactly what a high-end feat is supposed to be: a high-end feat.

It might stem from the fact that we never actually saw her go up against actual skyfathers and Abstracts the way Franklin and Legion have against guys like Mephisto, Elder Gods, Celestials etc. Not to mention that since she's a recurring member of a superhero team, who uses her power on a regular basis as compared to Franklin who only gets to use his once out of the blue moon fro dealing with some major stuff, or that she's mentally stable example of the reality warper trope, as opposed to Legion, could be the fact that most people undermine her.

Plus, if we average out Legion's showings, he too would only end up as a high-herald/trans level character, all those universal feats notwithstanding.

Digi
It's exactly what a high-end feat is supposed to be: a high-end feat.

It might stem from the fact that we never actually saw her go up against actual skyfathers and Abstracts the way Franklin and Legion have against guys like Mephisto, Elder Gods, Celestials etc. Not to mention that since she's a recurring member of a superhero team, who uses her power on a regular basis as compared to Franklin who only gets to use his once out of the blue moon fro dealing with some major stuff, or that she's mentally stable example of the reality warper trope, as opposed to Legion, could be the fact that most people undermine her.

Plus, if we average out Legion's showings, he too would only end up as a high-herald/trans level character, all those universal feats notwithstanding.

Well, she wasn't a reality warper. The proof is built into her name, among other reasons. The line between high-level matter manip. and reality manip. is a fine one, but it exists.

I'm still itchy at ascribing that kind of power to her. Fractal wasn't Jenny Q, and there was no transference of experience iirc. Even if her potential was that great, we can't definitively say she could do it in a forum fight.

The other is that, I'm looking at that feat, and I know what it means. You're right about the interpretation. But where does high-end feat become an aberration? Franklin/Legion have numerous feats. Jenny (Fractal) has one. She also has some somewhat-defined upper limits due to later showings, that all place her lower. I don't want to throw out a feat just because I don't like it - that's sloppy debating - but I'm also genuinely concerned that this feat is an anomaly for the purposes of determining a power level.

Anyway, I think we're at an impasse. Nice chat, though. It's not often I get put back on my heels in an Authority disagreement. Cheers.

jitay
I said it WASN'T Jenny

Then i changed it

@Pym
Graviton made a team called Universal Field Theory

Alias Stone
The UFT Take this

Digi
I said it WASN'T Jenny

Then i changed it

We know. That's just where our discussion led us.

Heralds win. Carry on.

jitay
@Digi
next team of heralds in my other thread

Blue Marvel for Peak Gambit (the one who beat Red Sun)

jitay
@Digi
next team of heralds in my other thread

Blue Marvel for Peak Gambit (the one who beat Red Son)

h1a8
Heralds easily unless we are talking about Jenny

jitay
Read h1a8

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by h1a8
Heralds easily unless we are talking about Jenny
Originally posted by h1a8
the Punisher can snipe her from behind.

jitay
What's punisher gotta do with this?

TheGodKiller
Click on the quote. You'll find out.

Alias Stone
Originally posted by Alias Stone
The UFT Take this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.