Final Fantasy XV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

noitseuq
P3xKbPooKAo

LBilT83Uq4A

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

noitseuq
Older trailers as Final Fantasy Versus XIII:

DVQDu_Zr5wY

YiIx9VJWSl8

BackFire
Lazy, but I guess somewhat smart. Instead of making an actual new FF game, just rename a spinoff that most people didn't care much about and suddenly everyone cares.

I don't like the look of it, personally. Doesn't even look like a FF game.

Nephthys
This game has always looked really interesting and impressive to me ever since it was first shown a few years ago. It still looks like its going to be pretty freaking awesome.

BloodRain
I love the look and gameplay, far more than that first gameplay trailer they gave.

But Peach is right, it doesn't look like FF. No matter how much the gameplay excites me, its not really FF core gameplay of turn-based. Personally I think it'd be better if it remained Vs13 so not to change this for future main games.

BackFire
I'm not Peach.

Kazenji
I don't know.....i'm just not feeling it.

StyleTime
It looks different and I'm happy about it. I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since....maybe 10 I guess, so I am glad if they try something new.

I'm optimistic for the time being.

Nibedicus
I like how they're willing to shift the direction of the IP to a different playstyle. I'm also loving how you, as a player, will be able to appreciate the sense of scale far better in this game that previous FF's due to how the playstyle is. I'm DEF getting it once it's out.

Tho that could well be years and years from now.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BackFire
Lazy, but I guess somewhat smart. Instead of making an actual new FF game, just rename a spinoff that most people didn't care much about and suddenly everyone cares.

I don't like the look of it, personally. Doesn't even look like a FF game. A lot of people really cared about Versus. Problem was Square did not show anything else after the first trailers and people just gave up hope.

I liked what I saw.

I still want Square to release a PSX style RPG.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack Fair

You ever tried any of the stuff from Mistwalker?

Zack Fair
Nope. I will though...someday.

BackFire
A lot of people really cared about Versus. Problem was Square did not show anything else after the first trailers and people just gave up hope.

I liked what I saw.

I'm sure some did. Personally, I always thought it looked like a soul less cash-in. Still do, just in a different, and probably worse way.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm not Peach.

Yeah, there are a number of differences under close observation...

I did have a friend who was waiting like crazy for Versus XIII. I have no idea if she still cares; this is legendary as a delay of course.

What did the 'versus' bit ever mean?

BackFire
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yeah, there are a number of differences under close observation...

I did have a friend who was waiting like crazy for Versus XIII. I have no idea if she still cares; this is legendary as a delay of course.

What did the 'versus' bit ever mean?

I think the 'versus' part was meant to emphasize the fact that it was initially meant to be more of an action game than an RPG.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/tgs-2014-heres-the-new-final-fantasy-15-trailer?watch=true

New trailer. I'm in!

Bentley
I hope they let go the stat based and level up system and they focus in getting special equipment, battles become real time action and there are lots of puzzles all around.

So it becomes a Zelda game ahah

Zack Fair
LOL@youtuber:

FFXV: Sasuke's Teenage Road Trip

Kazenji
Development reins have been passed to Hajime Tabata, the director behind Final Fantasy Type 0 and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/17/tabata-final-fantasy-xv.aspx

Bentley
Sign this people, I want me some real RPGs:

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-7-3ds-and-dragon-quest-10-on-wii-u-3ds-pc-to-the-us-and-europe

Demonic Phoenix
FVuhS1ZSKg4

BpcA1vhjPfw

FFXV Anime Episode #1:
1NHmXkXpt8M

Trailer for new demo out today:
mYm5rnUY_c4

There's also going to be a movie out.

~
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2BD-becq--/rtp5r4ercxzzjqyzub9x.gif

Adam Grimes
The demo was entertaining, maybe a bit too short even for what it is.

Kazenji
Reading the anime series is set before the game and the movie runs parallel with the main game's narrative.

Arachnid1
SZymd6r4wGg

God damn that was a sexy trailer. Best they've had so far, and first that actually somewhat fleshes out the main character.

His going bad arc seems a bit too 'Sasuke' to me though

cbak
What are everyone's thoughts on the other media for this game? I actually really liked the anime series but thought the film was pretty terrible.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cbak
What are everyone's thoughts on the other media for this game? I actually really liked the anime series but thought the film was pretty terrible. I haven't watched the movie yet, but I plan to. I've heard some say its great, and some say its lacking. I'm not sure what to expect.

The anime is alright, though they only had three episodes out when I watched them all. I'll have to finish that too. We'll see

John Murdoch
Anyone read any reviews yet?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Anyone read any reviews yet? There are a bunch out. It seems to hover between 8 and 9.5

It seems promising

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Arachnid1
There are a bunch out. It seems to hover between 8 and 9.5

It seems promising

Good deal.

Impediment
Of all the videos I've watched, the music is very forgettable.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Impediment
Of all the videos I've watched, the music is very forgettable.

One of the reviews I read from an Indian tech magazine said this. Very disappointing if that's the case.

BackFire
Hope not. Good catchy memorable music is one of the hallmarks of FF games, even the entries that maybe aren't as good.

John Murdoch
^Me too. I still listen to ALOT of Nobuo Uematsu.

BackFire
Even 12 and 13 had some really good songs.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
Of all the videos I've watched, the music is very forgettable. I sure hope not.

The Kingsglave movie had some good tracks, so I assumed they'd make it to the game. I spent all day catching up on the media and I start playing the game tomorrow, so I'll let you know

Zack Fair
Game is all right, but I believe the open sandbox needs lots of work. Feels...empty and barren as ****. Also tedious.

Then again I hate the current obsession with open sandbox games. Only a few ever managed to capture my interest enough to finish them.

Its just kind of sad we'll never see "traditional" FF because of Japan's obsession to match western sales. Can't say I blame them.

All that said this FF is a step in the right direction.

PS- Square should've made the movie something that we played through. A feel a lot of people would be more content with the story had that been the case.

Zack Fair
Gotta say whoever came up with the idea of letting us listen to old FF soundtracks on the road is a genius. That said it doesn't make up for the forgettable music so far.

Adam Grimes
I started this today. I'm still in the first zone clearing hunts and the like until I get enough Gils not to feel like a Witcher.

Nemesis X
Gotta say whoever came up with the idea of letting us listen to old FF soundtracks on the road is a genius.

0/10 for lacking Crazy Chocobo aka the greatest FF soundtrack 131

Zack Fair
I still find it so dumb How little control we got over tHe car

Adam Grimes
Yeah, I kinda hoped they would fix that shit for the retail version but apparently they decided to keep it.

Zack Fair
Not to mention the car is so slow. Can't help but feel like its just a way to force us to get a feel of how big the open world is. And it totally backfires because it gets boring at times. Even if I do enjoy the scenery.

BackFire
Got the game last night, played it for a few hours. On Chapter 2.

Enjoying it so far, already moreso than 13. The world feels more lived in than 13's did. Combat is fun if a little hectic, and characters are pretty likeable, though a bit annoying.

The voice work is pretty weak, though, seems to have taken a few steps back from FF13 and other high end voice acting in modern games.

Overall I'm enjoying it so far, though.

Adam Grimes
Not to mention the car is so slow. Can't help but feel like its just a way to force us to get a feel of how big the open world is. And it totally backfires because it gets boring at times. Even if I do enjoy the scenery. Chocobos are way more fun anyway, it's a shame you have to rent them instead of simply owning one. A breeding system would have been amazing, they dropped the ball big time there.

Kazenji
Just wondering about the install size with its 40.5g, Does that also apply to it if you buy it on disc?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Chocobos are way more fun anyway, it's a shame you have to rent them instead of simply owning one. A breeding system would have been amazing, they dropped the ball big time there.

That...really sucks actually.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Just wondering about the install size with its 40.5g, Does that also apply to it if you buy it on disc?

From what I recall, no matter if you buy it physically or digitally, the size is always the same. Getting the disc just makes installing the game slightly faster.

-Pr-
When I installed it on my brother's XBONE it was a 40gb install, so I imagine it's the same on PS4 too.

Arachnid1
So I just tried fighting an Iron Giant at midnight and I'm level 14. He spawned right on top of my car so I couldn't get inside without him gone. I've been stuck out all night waiting because the phaggots just hanging out there. Tried to fight him and actually got him down to half way before he wiped us all out and I barely limped away from him. Now I'm back to waiting for him to disappear at morning.

What a dick.

EDIT: Holy phuck, I waited until morning and he would not leave lol. The sunlight started to kill him. I gave the fight another go and actually won while the sun burned him down too. That was BADASS!

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Arachnid1
So I just tried fighting an Iron Giant at midnight and I'm level 14. He spawned right on top of my car so I couldn't get inside without him gone. I've been stuck out all night waiting because the phaggots just hanging out there. Tried to fight him and actually got him down to half way before he wiped us all out and I barely limped away from him. Now I'm back to waiting for him to disappear at morning.

What a dick.

EDIT: Holy phuck, I waited until morning and he would not leave lol. The sunlight started to kill him. I gave the fight another go and actually won while the sun burned him down too. That was BADASS!

That sounds like it can be a really fun gameplay mechanic (monsters being really tough to beat at night, daybreak weakening them).

Zack Fair
It happens. Night exploring is annoying as **** lol.

I was driving in a tunnel on my way to the first big town we encounter and I was interrupted by a fricking tonbery. Now take in mind the scale of this world, so the tunnel was huge. So it was either fight the guy or run for ages. I was panicking but did manage to beat him...after getting insta gibbed like 4 times LMAO

Adam Grimes
I'm midway through chapter 7 and it's really fun so far.

Nemesis X
ITfKaUFfx7g

Adam Grimes
I just finished the Leviathan fight. Come the **** on Square.

Zack Fair
I know.

Game is literally Xenogears 2.0

Funny thing is

FFXV Update road map
Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

-- I don't know what to say.

Da Fuq, Square Enix????

Zack Fair
But it shows they care about fans' opinions.

Nemesis X
I know.

Game is literally Xenogears 2.0

Funny thing is

FFXV Update road map
Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

-- I don't know what to say.

Da Fuq, Square Enix????

So anybody who got XV already should withhold from playing until said updates arrive then. Mon dieu facepalm

I guess better late than never but man you wish they thought of that stuff sooner. Why didn't they think of that stuff sooner?

Zack Fair
Because they wanted to get some money back. So they cut corners and now are trying to handle the backlash.

I am not going to lie, game's second half is really bad. And I had my hopes up that everyone was just being negative, but it is really really bad -_-

And yes people are better off not finishing the game. Kind of ridiculous, no?

BackFire
I'm about to start the dreaded Chapter 13. I've heard nothing but horrible things about it, and I'm considering just not starting that until they "fix" it.

I've enjoyed the game thus far, even the more linear chapters I think have been fine. But they really took a strange approach to this game, where they just abandon the open world they clearly worked so hard on to push the story forward. Why do that? Just take Witcher 3's much superior approach and set the story bits in the open world itself.

I'm still a bit bewildered as to how they apparently had to rush this game even thoug they've had 5+ years of active development on it. I'm not sure where that time went. I get the impression that a lot of Japanese developers have serious time allotment and efficiency issues with making games these days. There's no reason this game should have taken more than 3 years to make. The world is nice, and the gameplay is fun, but it's not like the world is super fleshed out, or the side quests are terribly engaging - pretty simple MMO style quests. Like, how does CD Project Red make a game like Witcher 3 in around 3 or 4 years, with so much more quality content and a better, richer world, and a smaller budget, but Square takes 5 years to make a clearly rushed and flawed game with a much larger budget and less content? I just don't get it.

Adam Grimes
I'm trying to speedball through it this exact moment, it's endless

Zack Fair
Chapter 13 is real bad in the beginning. Still I had little trouble because I was way over leveled. But chapter 13 is basically FF meets old school Resident Evil and Metal Gear. By the time I was near the end I was kind of liking it. I'm weird but I just looked at it as the last 'final boss" dungeon we always get in Finals. And it reminded me of ShinRa HQ from Final 7.

All of that said this game has the best final fantasy ending of the entire series. None other comes close to how powerful and emotional it is. kudos to them for at least getting the ending right.

BackFire
Yeah I started doing Chapter 13 last night, got about 90 minutes into it, it's not bad, really. Big departure from the rest of the game and maybe a bit drawn out, but I think it's a cool change of pace.

Zack Fair
Dungeons are the best and worst of this game.

I hate and love them.

Specially Pitioss. Am still stuck there xD

BackFire
Finished the story. Fun game. Probably the most enjoyable time I've had with a FF game since FFX, despite obvious flaws. Liked the characters, combat was fun, the lore was good, the story was almost good, and will be good once they flesh it out a bit. Sadly the story is obviously what suffered the most from the game being rushed.

Overall, very happy with this game, and I look forward to seeing how good the game will be once they patch it and add in more cinematics and the like.

Adam Grimes
IMO the game only reach it's prime gameplay-wise post game, which is ****ing late for a game like this. It could just be me though.

Zack Fair
DLC will get more towns

CentaurSuperman
Fantastic game I've been waiting a long time and it was worth it great gameplay

Kazenji
Picked up this game today

they seriously need to patch the game for the tv cut off.

Nemesis X
Coming August 30th is a limited time event transforming the town of Lestallum into a festival celebrating Assassin's Creed.

Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.