The Avengers ......... Vs .......... The Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep...
No B.F.R..

The Avengers

Thor
Iron Man
Hulk

Vs

Silver Surfer
Dr.Strange
Namor

Fight takes place in Nyc

LeonBuco666
Unless namor has the PG he's fodder against thor & hulk, could put up a very slim chance against iron man but loses the very large majority, probably doesn't take a win...
Surfer would probably lose thor and lose depending on his state and incarnation against hulk, strange can beat all of them, given he has prep, if he doesn't, avengers win solidly

Nibedicus
Iron Man and Namor would be a good fight IMO. Dr. Strange and Thor, I'd give to Thor.

Surfer has beaten Hulk in almost every encounter they had. To my memory, the one time Hulk "won" against Surfer was when he sucker punched the Surfer while he was weakened, was just mind controlled, was fighting melee, couldn't fly and (apparently) couldn't use the Power Cosmic while lowering his guard and not fighting back.

In the end, it'll most likely come down to Surfer vs Thor and I'd give the edge to Thor. Thus, Avengers would win more often than not.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Iron Man and Namor would be a good fight IMO. Dr. Strange and Thor, I'd give to Thor.

Surfer has beaten Hulk in almost every encounter they had. To my memory, the one time Hulk "won" against Surfer was when he sucker punched the Surfer while he was weakened, was just mind controlled, was fighting melee, couldn't fly and (apparently) couldn't use the Power Cosmic while lowering his guard and not fighting back.

In the end, it'll most likely come down to Surfer vs Thor and I'd give the edge to Thor. Thus, Avengers would win more often than not. see imo surfer beating hulk is just PIS hulk shouldn't be able to beat surfer in the comics because of his role, but in vs forums, I think hulk should be able to win, and when hulk sucker punched surfer was that when hulk was literally stamping on his head and almost killed surfer because I don't recall it happening that way

I think namor would be bested in every category by iron man, iron man is faster, stronger, and has more fire power

And yeah I'd give it to thor of strange too

5/10 for avengers

beatboks
No on on Avengers can beat Strange or surfer in character.
Classic Namor was always a close match to Hulk as shown multiple times starting from issue 1 or 3 of Avengers. He should be able to hang with hulk long enough before his anger gets too great for the others to make short work of their opponents. defenders ftw

Nibedicus
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
see imo surfer beating hulk is just PIS hulk shouldn't be able to beat surfer in the comics because of his role, but in vs forums, I think hulk should be able to win, and when hulk sucker punched surfer was that when hulk was literally stamping on his head and almost killed surfer because I don't recall it happening that way

I think namor would be bested in every category by iron man, iron man is faster, stronger, and has more fire power

And yeah I'd give it to thor of strange too

5/10 for avengers

It CAN'T be PIS as it has happened enough times to be an "average" than an outlier. IIRC, tho, it has almost always involved some form of weakness exploitation (like draining or calming Hulk down) on Surfer's part to get his wins.

It was in Planet Hulk and it was indeed a sucker punch or at least an attack the Surfer wasn't defending against. The "stomping on his head" happened kinda off panel and the Surfer got up none the worse for wear a bit later. But to be fair, I kinda thought that Surfer matching Green Scar that much in strength was kinda PIS-y.

Namor has been a match (albiet for a time) for the Hulk and Thor on occasion. And IM, despite his upgrades, hasn't really been shown as THAT much better vs his peers in actual combat (w/c is kinda weird). Tho, I agree, IM SHOULD logically beat Namor, but I just need on panel proof to be convinced that the upgrades he's had would tip the scales as much as they should in an actual fight.

I actually see this as 6-7/10 Avengers due to Thor being able to down Strange faster than Surfer can down Hulk as well as Thor being able to beat the Surfer in a straight out fight.

LeonBuco666
It CAN'T be PIS as it has happened enough times to be an "average" than an outlier. IIRC, tho, it has almost always involved some form of weakness exploitation (like draining or calming Hulk down) on Surfer's part to get his wins.

It was in Planet Hulk and it was indeed a sucker punch or at least an attack the Surfer wasn't defending against. The "stomping on his head" happened kinda off panel and the Surfer got up none the worse for wear a bit later. But to be fair, I kinda thought that Surfer matching Green Scar that much in strength was kinda PIS-y.

Namor has been a match (albiet for a time) for the Hulk and Thor on occasion. And IM, despite his upgrades, hasn't really been shown as THAT much better vs his peers in actual combat (w/c is kinda weird). Tho, I agree, IM SHOULD logically beat Namor, but I just need on panel proof to be convinced that the upgrades he's had would tip the scales as much as they should in an actual fight.

I actually see this as 6-7/10 Avengers due to Thor being able to down Strange faster than Surfer can down Hulk as well as Thor being able to beat the Surfer in a straight out fight. yeah, hulk was always 'weakened' in some form or another during the confrontations, its amazing how surfer can handle WWH 4tated to tank having his head stomped on by a angry world war hulk but can be like 4 or 5 shotted & killed by thanos in a fit of rage? It baffles me, but in the forums, hulk could quite easily win imo and vice versa if surfer isn't jobbing

Namor has tolled hulk 3 times under water, but then gets owned by thing with the literal PIS help volcano, namor shouldn't stand a chance out of water UNLESS he has PG an if he does he beats all 3 hulk, thor and iron man imo but if he doesn't, he can only hope any one of the guys he fights go under water with him, in which case namor owns, but namor is in a city setting here, iron man buries him imo

Yeah, I agree 6-7/10 times for avengers here, unless namor fights anyone of the avengers underwater then that changes things, or if he has PG but that isn't standard gear so avengers for healthy majority

Nibedicus
yeah, hulk was always 'weakened' in some form or another during the confrontations, its amazing how surfer can handle WWH 4tated to tank having his head stomped on by a angry world war hulk but can be like 4 or 5 shotted & killed by thanos in a fit of rage? It baffles me, but in the forums, hulk could quite easily win imo and vice versa if surfer isn't jobbing

Namor has tolled hulk 3 times under water, but then gets owned by thing with the literal PIS help volcano, namor shouldn't stand a chance out of water UNLESS he has PG an if he does he beats all 3 hulk, thor and iron man imo but if he doesn't, he can only hope any one of the guys he fights go under water with him, in which case namor owns, but namor is in a city setting here, iron man buries him imo

Yeah, I agree 6-7/10 times for avengers here, unless namor fights anyone of the avengers underwater then that changes things, or if he has PG but that isn't standard gear so avengers for healthy majority

He wasn't "weakened" outside of what Surfer can do to him, tho. Surfer's powers are just that good against any opponent with a possible weakness. The guy (when he's not blasting) loves to exploit weaknesses (heck in his first fight vs Thor he tried to weakness exploit Thor by separating him from Mjolnir). I don't remember Thanos killing him in a fit of rage, when did this happen? I remember Thanos sucker punching him with amped fists and "killing" him after a beatdown. Thanos' amped fists should be >> Hulk's punches anyway so it shouldn't be baffling at all. Don't get me wrong, Hulk CAN win against the Surfer, but that would require that the Surfer enange in an extended melee, not use his speed and range and not use his weakness exploit (w/c I find unlikely).

The Thing fight was PIS, Namor literally did more damage to himself when he flung that giant sea monster at the Thing, w/c was the worst kind of writing I've ever seen. I still see Namor/IM as a good fight. Advantage SHOULD go to Tony by virtue of better Tech means he should do better than he did in the past, but I'd like to see it in comics first.

LeonBuco666
He wasn't "weakened" outside of what Surfer can do to him, tho. Surfer's powers are just that good against any opponent with a possible weakness. The guy (when he's not blasting) loves to exploit weaknesses (heck in his first fight vs Thor he tried to weakness exploit Thor by separating him from Mjolnir). I don't remember Thanos killing him in a fit of rage, when did this happen? I remember Thanos sucker punching him with amped fists and "killing" him after a beatdown. Thanos' amped fists should be >> Hulk's punches anyway so it shouldn't be baffling at all. Don't get me wrong, Hulk CAN win against the Surfer, but that would require that the Surfer enange in an extended melee, not use his speed and range and not use his weakness exploit (w/c I find unlikely).

The Thing fight was PIS, Namor literally did more damage to himself when he flung that giant sea monster at the Thing, w/c was the worst kind of writing I've ever seen. I still see Namor/IM as a good fight. Advantage SHOULD go to Tony by virtue of better Tech means he should do better than he did in the past, but I'd like to see it in comics first. yeah. Namor vs Iron man would be a good fight simply because of namors durabilty > iron mans durabilty, iron doesnve the flight adavantage either seeing as namor can fly too, but only at 60mph and iron man is obviously far faster than that, although I think they match in strentgh, but iron mans weapons would be the winner here
And I'm sorry, he never killed him but he put him on the brink of death W/o amp'd punches with a few punches, I've just been looking for the scan, can't seem to find sorry

Nibedicus
yeah. Namor vs Iron man would be a good fight simply because of namors durabilty > iron mans durabilty, iron doesnve the flight adavantage either seeing as namor can fly too, but only at 60mph and iron man is obviously far faster than that, although I think they match in strentgh, but iron mans weapons would be the winner here
And I'm sorry, he never killed him but he put him on the brink of death W/o amp'd punches with a few punches, I've just been looking for the scan, can't seem to find sorry

Like I said, I'd need comics to support it, Namor has always had dynamic "match my foe" strength and he's matched even established highly durable Cl100's in his history. His flight speed has always been enough to keep up with fast flyers, I think only old comics and character bios support the 60mph speed limit.

It was several punches, and the fists were amped IIRC.

LeonBuco666
Like I said, I'd need comics to support it, Namor has always had dynamic "match my foe" strength and he's matched even established highly durable Cl100's in his history. His flight speed has always been enough to keep up with fast flyers, I think only old comics and character bios support the 60mph speed limit.

It was several punches, and the fists were amped IIRC. amp'd by what, I don't remember them being amp'd

Nibedicus
amp'd by what, I don't remember them being amp'd

Didn't mean "amped" as in by "outside sources". Meant that he charged it with energy.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by beatboks
No on on Avengers can beat Strange or surfer in character.
Classic Namor was always a close match to Hulk as shown multiple times starting from issue 1 or 3 of Avengers. He should be able to hang with hulk long enough before his anger gets too great for the others to make short work of their opponents. defenders ftw no laughing out loud

beatboks
Strange being able to depower mjilnor and Surfer bearing Thor ( whos the most powerful Avenger listed and has stalemated Hulk dozens of times) on a farely regular basis doesn't rate huh?? Also in classic Avengers ( where Hulk is more powerful than anything but WWH levels) Namor was hulks equal in strength and durability at least a dozen times. Denial is strong with this one.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by beatboks
Strange being able to depower mjilnor and Surfer bearing Thor ( whos the most powerful Avenger listed and has stalemated Hulk dozens of times) on a farely regular basis doesn't rate huh?? Also in classic Avengers ( where Hulk is more powerful than anything but WWH levels) Namor was hulks equal in strength and durability at least a dozen times. Denial is strong with this one. strange can depower thors hammer, but he's gonna be occupied, and the only times I've ever seen, heard of or read namor being close to hulk, is under water when namor tooled him, never on land has namor beaten or anywhere close to equaled hulk in strength or durability, please stop lying, iron man > namor in the air or on land, but wins under water, hulk > surfer depending on how mad he is & thor >< strange, t decide
The lies are terrible coming from your mouth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.