Gorr vs Rune King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Classic NES
Gotta love a trend.

MF DELPH
I'd say Gorr.

Assuming that, as that arc depicts, the Old Thor was the last God alive due to Gorr, that would imply that, apparently off-panel, Gorr would have slain all godly peers or superiors to King Thor.

TheGodKiller
^Rune King Thor and King Thor are 2 completely different characters.

RKT stomps.

zopzop
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd say Gorr.

Assuming that, as that arc depicts, the Old Thor was the last God alive due to Gorr, that would imply that, apparently off-panel, Gorr would have slain all godly peers or superiors to King Thor.
Exactly. Gorr wins. Crap character in a crappy arc but he is what he is : a God killer.

TheGodKiller
^Shut up.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
^Shut up.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Damborgson
Originally posted by zopzop
Exactly. Gorr wins. Crap character in a crappy arc but he is what he is : a God killer.

wtf is wrong with you?

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
wtf is wrong with you?
Wtf is wrong with you? See I can play that game too.

Voldemor... I mean Gorr killed every God out there, what makes you think RKT survives where every other God he came across failed and died by his hand?

TheGodKiller

Voldemor... I mean Gorr killed every God out there, what makes you think RKT survives where every other God he came across failed and died by his hand?
Apart from the fact that RKT probably didn't even exist when Gorr was going on his deicide rampage, I'd say your general need to just lowball a character or the storyline they appear in is what makes your opinion worth jack squat to me.

TheGodKiller
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Shut your eyes along with your mouth.

zopzop
Apart from the fact that RKT probably didn't even exist when Gorr was going on his deicide rampage, I'd say your general need to just lowball a character or the storyline they appear in is what makes your opinion worth jack squat to me.
He killed EVERY SINGLE GOD he came across, I'm willing to be he'd slaughter RKT too. That's kind of what the character does : kill Gods.
Shut your eyes along with your mouth.
yawn

TheGodKiller
He killed EVERY SINGLE GOD he came across, I'm willing to be he'd slaughter RKT too. That's kind of what the character does : kill Gods.
For one minute, just come out of your troll mode, and think how retarded that sounds. RKT appeared in a storyline that took place well before the Fear Itself arc, which itself takes place before Gorr's god-butchering.

The idea that Gorr killed off RKT as well is just downright asinine, not just because of the power-levels involved, but also because of the continuity problems it poses. Which clearly evades your mind, seeing as you're overtly focused on trolling and lowballing the shit out of Thor in this thread.

TheGodKiller
yawn
^Shut up.

Damborgson

It's not a game. It's a question. Wtf is wrong with you?

Not that.

Crap character in a crappy arc

^THAT

What on Earth possessed you to call it crappy?

Nibedicus
Shut your eyes and open your mouth.
yawn
8====D

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

lannfear
Wasn't desak a god slayer who wiped out heaps of god?...what happened to him?

zopzop
For one minute, just come out of your troll mode, and think how retarded that sounds. RKT appeared in a storyline that took place well before the Fear Itself arc, which itself takes place before Gorr's god-butchering.

The idea that Gorr killed off RKT as well is just downright asinine, not just because of the power-levels involved, but also because of the continuity problems it poses. Which clearly evades your mind, seeing as you're overtly focused on trolling and lowballing the shit out of Thor in this thread.
WTF are you talking about. I was replying to this quote :
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd say Gorr.

If Gorr really did kill off EVERY God he came across, that would mean he slaughtered Skyfathers as well as their entire pantheons. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And if some of those worlds had MULTIPLE Pantheons like Earth does, that would mean he slaughtered multiple skyfathers and pantheons. Why wouldn't he be able to kill RKT?

It's not a game. It's a question. Wtf is wrong with you?

Not that.

^THAT

What on Earth possessed you to call it crappy?
It's called an opinion. You do know that those are right? Yes? Then STFU.

eaebiakuya
Who said Gorr killed any God stronger than Odin ? We dont know.

Old King Thor who fighted Gorr would lose against Odin IMO.

pym-ftw
A lot of Hate in this thread

Damborgson
It's called an opinion. You do know that those are right? Yes? Then STFU.

Then you have horrible taste. Guess it's possible though. Oh and I don't care if you're on you're time of the month, but go work on your retorts. That's bad even by your scum standards.

CPT Space Bomb
Rune King Thor wins.

Rune King Thor was above Odin. Surtur didn't want to forge Mjolnir anew for Thor because he though RKT would kill him with it. RKT Stopped Mangog (who was charging full force) effortlessly with one Hand and dissipated him into nothingness..

Unless we see how Gorr handles beings that are ABOVE skyfather, then RKT wins.

LeonBuco666

yawn atum takes a sh!t on him & his name 'god butcher' & eats him like a snack

zopzop
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
atum takes a sh!t on him & his name 'god butcher' & eats him like a snack
Atum couldn't even handle ONE Thor. Gorr beat the phuck out of THREE OF THEM. One of them an "All Father".

LeonBuco666
Atum couldn't even handle ONE Thor. Gorr beat the phuck out of THREE OF THEM. One of them an "All Father". lol @ atum not handling one thor, thor realized he couldn't do jack sh!t to atum and realized the only way to beat him was to let himself be absorbed(eaten) and then done what billions of gods, elder gods and very powerful demons(as shown on panel) couldn't do, destroy his heart and breaking out = very bad PIS
That was current atum
Classic atum doesn't even eat gor because he's not a good enough meal, so just beats his ass instead, imo

zopzop
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
lol @ atum not handling one thor, thor realized he couldn't do jack sh!t to atum and realized the only way to beat him was to let himself be absorbed(eaten) and then done what billions of gods, elder gods and very powerful demons(as shown on panel) couldn't do, destroy his heart and breaking out = very bad PIS
That was current atum
Classic atum doesn't even eat gor because he's not a good enough meal, so just beats his ass instead, imo
Call it whatever you want but that's the way Atum rolls. His job is to take out Gods that are past their prime (explained in Sacred Invasion and somewhere else on panel that I can't recall right now). Since it wasn't Thor's time and because of Thor's strong will, Atum spat him up (on more than one occasion).

It's just that recently Thor sh@t all over Demogorge.

Gorr doesn't care. New Gods, Old Gods, it's all the same to him. And we saw that play out on panel.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's always done absurdly well against Atum. Even in the latest showing where it was clear Atum was a completely different animal, through sheer will he remembered who he was, freed the rest of the Gods and broke his heart. It's the equivalent of a human being, overcoming Death's call over them in her realm or something.

Recent Atum was like a typical Abstract entity, fulfilling a role in the Cosmos and not fighting back, the Universal equivalent of an organ or something. Gorr could attack him from within or something but he's not going to win in a straight fight I don't think.

I hope this run ends with Thor beating Gorr to death at the end of time or something epic.

celeyhyga17
Zop's just frukkin wit u's guys. Ya'll gonna get this thread closed with all the vitriol u guys are spewin..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I hope this run ends with Thor beating Gorr to death at the end of time or something epic.
No way man.. He better not just beat him to death. There better be some good context and plot when he eventually goes down.

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
No way man.. He better not just beat him to death. There better be some good context and plot when he eventually goes down.
Exactly.

PS I'm dead serious celeyhyga17 about the Atum/Gorr thing. You already saw this scan no?
http://i.imgur.com/uDu9SQY.jpg
"The day the Lords of ALL THE HEAVENS were slaughtered like lambs."

Atum choked and died eating the Queen of the Skrull pantheon (yes I'm aware she had absorbed thousands of Gods).

LeonBuco666
Call it whatever you want but that's the way Atum rolls. His job is to take out Gods that are past their prime (explained in Sacred Invasion and somewhere else on panel that I can't recall right now). Since it wasn't Thor's time and because of Thor's strong will, Atum spat him up (on more than one occasion).

It's just that recently Thor sh@t all over Demogorge.

Gorr doesn't care. New Gods, Old Gods, it's all the same to him. And we saw that play out on panel. atum won't even see gorr as a god,hats because he's not, current demogorge/atum or classic demorgorge/atum would swat him like a fly

I call it PIS, there is no way, that marvel will EVER kill of thor, and its just that simple, he will always overcome atum due to pis, I have no doubt the elder gods atum ate > thor

Atum is the entrophy of all gods, all gods end will be at his hands, not gorr's because atum will and can swat him like the gnat he is compared to atum, although gorr is powerful, very powerufl, atum is on a whole nother level

Classic NES
Wasn't Atum killed by a skrull God?

NemeBro
Gorr is a quality character in a quality arc.

But he loses.

Gorr eventually beat the three Thors, but he had to work to do it.

RKT is far more powerful than those three Thors.

Keep in mind that the Thorforce was only just returning to Old King Thor, yet his blasts were able to knock him several lightyears away and injure him.

Even young Thor could put up a fight (Though this is aided by young Thor being retarded levels of manly).

Gorr's power is also dependent on feeding off of god blood. He needed to feast on quite a bit of it to defeat the team of Thors.

JakeTheBank
....I am legitimately baffled how anyone with any taste could call Gorr a "crappy character in a crappy arc". You have multiple people who definitely aren't "Thorbags" or people with vested interest in the character who feel it's a well written story with superb art and dialogue. Opinion or no, it just seems like a ridiculous stance to take.

But that's not as ridiculous as claiming Gorr, based on what he's shown so far, beats Rune King Thor. And no, Old King Thor isn't equal to or even close to Rune King Thor. Hell, I wouldn't even put him at end game Reigning King Thor levels just yet.

I guess haters are going to hate regardless, but it's quite sad to see it on such a baseless level.

NemeBro
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hell, I wouldn't even put him at end game Reigning King Thor levels just yet. Indeed, though he may reach or surpass those levels, as the Thorforce continues to regain its former glory.

And yeah, I'm going to have to support praise of the artwork. It's utterly gorgeous, seeing it brings to mind a polished form of some of the old art of mythological figures like Thor, so it fits the character and the story nicely. Though occasionally Thor puts on a hilarious derpface.

JakeTheBank
Aaron did say in an interview that Old King Thor may just be the most powerful Thor we've seen yet. I'll take it with more than a grain of salt considering writer interviews don't really amount to much, but who knows?

Ditto on the art, though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130516203924/marveldatabase/images/6/62/Thor_God_of_Thunder_Vol_1_11_Textless.jpg

Gets me wet everytime.

zopzop
....I am legitimately baffled how anyone with any taste could call Gorr a "crappy character in a crappy arc". You have multiple people who definitely aren't "Thorbags" or people with vested interest in the character who feel it's a well written story with superb art and dialogue. Opinion or no, it just seems like a ridiculous stance to take.
Wow, you're "baffled" people can have opinions that aren't in the majority? You must not get out much.

Fact is, how many "God Killers" does this make in Marvel? Just off the top of my head I can recall four : Atum, Desak, Chaos King, and now Voldemort. There's probably more I'm missing.

Gorr killed EVERY God and Pantheon he came across. These pantheons MUST have had skyfathers no? Some planets even have MULTIPLE pantheons and hence MULTIPLE skyfathers, **cough** Earth***cough***. So if that guy really did what the narrator said, he should be more than capable of killing RKT or any other God (yes, even Elders).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gorr went to the beginning of time and killed an Elder God. shifty

zopzop
Gorr went to the beginning of time and killed an Elder God. shifty
Exactly. He's killed entire pantheons and at least one Elder God. RKT will put up a good fight, obviously, but he'll die eventually.

the Darkone
RKT would beat Gorr to death

Rage.Of.Olympus
Exactly. He's killed entire pantheons and at least one Elder God. RKT will put up a good fight, obviously, but he'll die eventually.

Sure bro.

JakeTheBank

Wow, you're "baffled" people can have opinions that aren't in the majority? You must not get out much.

Fact is, how many "God Killers" does this make in Marvel? Just off the top of my head I can recall four : Atum, Desak, Chaos King, and now Voldemort. There's probably more I'm missing.

Claiming the arc isn't interesting or isn't your cup of tea is one thing (not everyone has to like Thor or the mythlogical/cosmic genre). Calling it outright crappy is something else entirely. Seriously, based on what is this a crappy arc? It being your opinion is fine, but really, all you seem to be do doing is bashing it for no reason. I get out plenty, but no, I can't say that I run into people who hate on things that are well received by a wide array of people of different tastes unless they're trying to be hipsters or something.

Does it even matter how many "God Killers" Marvel has? The closest thing to Gorr in terms of personality is Desak, but that wasn't denied by Aaron in the least bit.

Gorr killed EVERY God and Pantheon he came across. These pantheons MUST have had skyfathers no? Some planets even have MULTIPLE pantheons and hence MULTIPLE skyfathers, **cough** Earth***cough***. So if that guy really did what the narrator said, he should be more than capable of killing RKT or any other God (yes, even Elders).

Not all "skyfathers" are equal. You yourself have stated this on occasion; during Secret Invasion, Balder was the "lord of Asgard"...and we know for a fact that Balder's probably High Meta at best. This is a horrible "argument" to make for Gorr and makes no sense when we know for a fact that the Three Thors were Gorr's greatest challenge yet - Old King Thor specifically made Gorr feel fear for the first time in eons - and based on what the three of them have shown, don't match up to RKT's power level.

NemeBro
A Thor whose Thorforce had only just started to reawaken made Gorr feel fear and did some damage to him, lol.

RKT wins handily.

zopzop
Claiming the arc isn't interesting or isn't your cup of tea is one thing (not everyone has to like Thor or the mythlogical/cosmic genre). Calling it outright crappy is something else entirely. Seriously, based on what is this a crappy arc? It being your opinion is fine, but really, all you seem to be do doing is bashing it for no reason. I get out plenty, but no, I can't say that I run into people who hate on things that are well received by a wide array of people of different tastes unless they're trying to be hipsters or something.

Does it even matter how many "God Killers" Marvel has? The closest thing to Gorr in terms of personality is Desak, but that wasn't denied by Aaron in the least bit.
Sure it matters. Because the character isn't original........at all. It's been done before and done better, IMHO (see that? just my opinion again) with Classic Atum.

Of course they aren't. But out of the THOUSANDS (millions?) of Gods and their pantheons, chances are he's killed a few high skyfathers. We already know he's killed an Elder God. He even killed THREE Thors, who according to the narrator, were the best/greatest of the Gods ('or so the story goes').

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gorr btw didn't just capture and slaughter all the Lords of Heaven, but all the Kings of Hell too (Hell Lord's apparently). Gorr would rape someone like Zeus or Mephisto in the ass most likely.

Modern day Thor is probably going to shove his face into the Big Bang or something though. The Greatest of all the Gods. Learn it, live it, love it.

JakeTheBank

Sure it matters. Because the character isn't original........at all. It's been done before and done better, IMHO (see that? just my opinion again) with Classic Atum.

Of course they aren't. But out of the THOUSANDS (millions?) of Gods and their pantheons, chances are he's killed a few high skyfathers. We already know he's killed an Elder God. He even killed THREE Thors, who according to the narrator, were the best/greatest of the Gods ('or so the story goes').

Classic Atum and Gorr are plenty different from one another as are their motivations. So, really, what don't you like about this arc? Feat portrayal, dialogue, art, narration, concept, what? Because really, this is probably one of the best Thor arcs in recent memory, way better than Fraction's crap.

Elder Gods still need feats. And he didn't kill the three Thors, either. Him barely able to beat them all in the sun and requiring to amp off of the gods he had enslaved to match them doesn't bode well against Rune King Thor, who's significantly more powerful than the other Thors. If a Thor with just recently returning Thorforce was able to reel Gorr big time, what the heck do you think RKT with the full measure of the Odin Force and Rune Magic (in addition to cosmic level omniscience) would do to him?

CPT Space Bomb
Again, Gorr has no on panel showings against beings that are ABOVE Odin levels of power. Current "Old Thor" is NOTHING compared to Rune Lord Thor.

RLT beats Gorr solidly.

deathlife
Funny enough, when Old Thor tapped a little of the Thor force and hit Gorr light years away, Gorr was shitting his pants.

RKT wins.

curryman
It's been done before with Desak.

But Desak was a terrible character and specifically manipulated to teach Thor a lesson. I think Gorr is more interesting and that Aaron is handling this even better than Jurgens did. High praise.

Stoic
RK Thor takes this.

TheGodKiller
If Gorr really did kill off EVERY God he came across, that would mean he slaughtered Skyfathers as well as their entire pantheons. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And if some of those worlds had MULTIPLE Pantheons like Earth does, that would mean he slaughtered multiple skyfathers and pantheons. Why wouldn't he be able to kill RKT?
And how exactly is what Delph wrote relevant to Rune King Thor? Because it's not like RKT is at least a whole tier beyond skyfathers like Odin, some of whose feats border on low Abstract.

RKT was clearly as beyond skyfathers as logic is beyond you. That's the neates analogy I can think of at this moment.

Gorr was shitting his pants once Old Thor began to tap into a small portion of his Thorforce. At that level when he semi-punked Gorr, Old Thor was nowhere near RKT's level, he wasn't beginning to approach RKT's pinkie, from an objective viewpoint.

RKT wins, and he does so comfortably, notwithstanding your lowballing and blatant trolling of Thor.

zopzop
And how exactly is what Delph wrote relevant to Rune King Thor? Because it's not like RKT is at least a whole tier beyond skyfathers like Odin, some of whose feats border on low Abstract.

RKT was clearly as beyond skyfathers as logic is beyond you. That's the neates analogy I can think of at this moment.

Gorr was shitting his pants once Old Thor began to tap into a small portion of his Thorforce. At that level when he semi-punked Gorr, Old Thor was nowhere near RKT's level, he wasn't beginning to approach RKT's pinkie, from an objective viewpoint.

RKT wins, and he does so comfortably, notwithstanding your lowballing and blatant trolling of Thor.
How is it lowballing to say RKT would lose to a guy that killed ENTIRE PANTHEONS of Gods that included their Hell Lords? On panel it said the "Lords of ALL THE HEAVENS were slaughtered like lambs."

RKT handled business within his pantheon, Gorr was slaughtering entire pantheons universe wide.

If he did indeed do what the narrator said he did, it's not illogical to say he'd kill RKT Thor or any God too.

TheGodKiller
How is it lowballing to say RKT would lose to a guy that killed ENTIRE PANTHEONS of Gods that included their Hell Lords? On panel it said the "Lords of ALL THE HEAVENS were slaughtered like lambs."

RKT handled business within his pantheon, Gorr was slaughtering entire pantheons universe wide.

If he did indeed do what the narrator said he did, it's not illogical to say he'd kill RKT Thor or any God too.
Except it is illogical when we see how the battle with 3 Thors turned out. All of those 3 Thors combined don't even begin to measure upto RKT, yet Gorr had a tough time putting them down.

If Gorr shits his pants at a depleted Thorforce/Odinforce blast, he'd flee to the farthest corners of the universe when facing RKT.

Again, RKT doesn't have the static limitations of gods. That was the whole point of that arc: that his experiences as a mortal gave him the same dynamic strength that drives mortals, and hence TWSAIS were unable to anticipate his capabilities. Gorr killed a bunch of gods, good for him. RKT defeated beings that are worshipped by gods.

As said before, RKT is as much beyond skyfathers as straight-forward thinking is beyond zopzop. Gorr's visible struggle to deal with powers far below RKT suggests that this is RKT's fight to lose. Deal with it.

Naija boy
RKT wins. Gorr was impressive and all, but he had all he could handle with 3 thors one of whom was an old king thor that barely had any Thor-force left. RKT is considerably above that so he should win.

CPT Space Bomb
Gorr killed a bunch of gods, good for him. RKT defeated beings that are worshipped by gods.
Game. Set. Match. Along with everything else that's been beat to death here...

zopzop
Except it is illogical when we see how the battle with 3 Thors turned out. All of those 3 Thors combined don't even begin to measure upto RKT, yet Gorr had a tough time putting them down.

If Gorr shits his pants at a depleted Thorforce/Odinforce blast, he'd flee to the farthest corners of the universe when facing RKT.
Yeah that's the thing with Thor. He puts up a good fight vs these God eater/killer types and it doesn't have anything to do with power output, it's just how feisty he is.

When Atum killed the Elder Gods, not one of them was able to resist him like Thor did. When Atum killed the Hell Lords that were illegally seeking to combine their hells into one big Super Hell, not one of them resisted like Thor did. When all the other Thunder and Sun Gods fell to Atum not one of them resisted like Thor did, although Horus put up a tiny struggle and caused Atum slight pain when he ate him.

You mean to tell me Thor was more powerful than those Gods Atum devoured (which included Hell Lords like Mephisto)? Of course not. It's not about power. It's just Thor's tenacity.

This is why the narrator recently called Thor the "greatest of the Gods". Note the word "great" and not "most powerful."

WITHIN HIS PANTHEON. Gorr killed every God and Pantheon he came across (which included at least one Elder God) across the UNIVERSE. See the difference?

RKT was the supreme power in regards to his pantheon and mythos.

CPT Space Bomb
And As such, Gorr has NO feats proving he can handle ANYTHING close to what RKT was. Tired old King Thor barely possessing any power at all was able to make Gorr fear for his survival.

RKT >>>> Old King Thor. RKT takes Gorr and dissipates him into nothingness....

zopzop
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
And As such, Gorr has NO feats proving he can handle ANYTHING close to what RKT was.
He killed EVERY God/Pantheon/Hell Lord he came across in the entire UNIVERSE (at least one of which was an Elder God).

Let that sink in for a sec.

CPT Space Bomb
He killed EVERY God/Pantheon/Hell Lord he came across in the entire UNIVERSE (at least one of which was an Elder God).

Let that sink in for a sec. Hyperbole and on panel feats are different things. Sometimes they corroborate each other. But not once on panel did Gorr fight and defeat anyone on RKT's level. Not all the "Gods" of Asgard are even close to equal for instance. Same can be said about Zeus in comparison to the remaining Gods of the Greek pantheon....

The logic you're using is almost as thin as trying to say Superman would lose to Thor because "Thor is a God".... You need actual arguments beside that to build your case.

lannfear
RKT....wins ...Desak the God slayer had single handedly wiped out pantheons of Gods but was defeated by an incarnation of Thor that was not near RKT power...

DarkOdin
RKT for the win

Gorr had to amp by killing more gods b/c whatever his weapon is gains power from god blood,

It was clear that Old King Thor Thor and young Thor were more then a match for him at this point

Since God will not have the option to amp like he did RKT walks all over him

Mindset
Gorr wins.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Mindset
Gorr wins. HOW? A weak old "allfather" Thor with barley any Thor Force was able to smash Gorr lightyears away in seconds. He actually worried about his survivability from that attack and had to consume his slaves to amp himself so he wouldn't die/lose.

RKT is >>>>>>> Old Thor. There is nothing Gorr has done that puts him above Odin levels of power...not yet anyway.

Mindset
How?

By using his powers.

CPT Space Bomb
How?

By using his powers. His powers do not equal or exceed RKT's powers though...so that doesn't really hold up.

Mindset
I disagree.

CPT Space Bomb
I disagree. Mangog, after charging full speed, was stopped with ONE HAND while RKT was floating. He did not get pushed backward at all. Mangog then punched at RKT several times, but Thor's rune force field tanked it completely. RKT then proceeded to dissipate Mangog.....into nothingness.

Credit to Soujaboy for images:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/th14.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/th15.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/th16.jpg

Mindset
Mangog ain't shit, playboy.

CPT Space Bomb
Mangog ain't shit, playboy. Lol. And thus any remaining arguments you make are null and void. Please don't post about "who'd win" in a fight like this if you obviously know nothing about the characters.

operator616
^mangog was depowered as evident in your last scan, what was impressive is what came afterwards when he casually defeated an amped loki and his minions:

http://i.imgur.com/PYuggtW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NZlur8R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DxNVPhM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wfeQFx3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kPfKS1W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XjG4t3u.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d323nNJ.jpg

he had other few impressive moments.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by operator616
^mangog was depowered as evident in your last scan, what was impressive is what came afterwards when he casually defeated an amped loki and his minions:

http://i.imgur.com/PYuggtW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NZlur8R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DxNVPhM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wfeQFx3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kPfKS1W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XjG4t3u.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d323nNJ.jpg

he had other few impressive moments. Mangog was not "Depowered". His magic was depowered. His brute force and strength on the other hand was not.

Mindset
Lol. And thus any remaining arguments you make are null and void. Please don't post about "who'd win" in a fight like this if you obviously know nothing about the characters. You don't even know who Mangog is.

CPT Space Bomb
You don't even know who Mangog is. Nice signature. No wonder you're trolling here.

operator616
Mangog was not "Depowered". His magic was depowered. His brute force and strength on the other hand was not.

yea he wasn't depowered physically. my point was that his magic was syphoned by loki.

imo, defeating this amped loki is more impressive than mangog.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by operator616
yea he wasn't depowered physically. my point was that his magic was syphoned by loki.

imo, defeating this amped loki is more impressive than mangog. Yes, it is. But I didn't feel the need to include that feat because the way he owned Mangog (moreover, the fact Mangog couldn't PHYSICALLY break through Thor's force field) was sufficient enough. But yah, he's got other feats in that story as well; they just aren't needed.

Mindset
Nice signature. No wonder you're trolling here. I'm not trolling, I just know who these characters are.

TheGodKiller

Yeah that's the thing with Thor. He puts up a good fight vs these God eater/killer types and it doesn't have anything to do with power output, it's just how feisty he is.

When Atum killed the Elder Gods, not one of them was able to resist him like Thor did. When Atum killed the Hell Lords that were illegally seeking to combine their hells into one big Super Hell, not one of them resisted like Thor did. When all the other Thunder and Sun Gods fell to Atum not one of them resisted like Thor did, although Horus put up a tiny struggle and caused Atum slight pain when he ate him.

You mean to tell me Thor was more powerful than those Gods Atum devoured (which included Hell Lords like Mephisto)? Of course not. It's not about power. It's just Thor's tenacity.

This is why the narrator recently called Thor the "greatest of the Gods". Note the word "great" and not "most powerful."
Yes, and that last-stand types shenanigan that Thor pulls off periodically somehow equates to Gorr getting his shit pushed in by a semi-depowered King Thor, amirite?
WITHIN HIS PANTHEON. Gorr killed every God and Pantheon he came across (which included at least one Elder God) across the UNIVERSE. See the difference?

RKT was the supreme power in regards to his pantheon and mythos.
For someone who completely shits on what he deems as narrative hyperbole, you have a remarkable tendency to hypocritically cling to particular types of narrative, and expound them into actual on-panel feats.

Anyways, anyone with a sane mind, aka anyone NOT named zopzop would know that the opponents that RKT defeated were so far beyond Gorr it's not even funny. This match borders on spite against Gorr, that's how badly RKT wins this.

ODG
This thread will likely be resolved at the conclusion of the God Bomb arc, when we see exactly what it takes to defeat Gorr.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
This thread will likely be resolved at the conclusion of the God Bomb arc, when we see exactly what it takes to defeat Gorr.
Who wins iyo?

yaadaveyaa
rkt stomps this guy i cant believe there r 4 pages of this hes done nothing to show he could even slightly damage rkt

Mindset
Gorr eats him alive.

yaadaveyaa
would u mind giving an example as to y a scan or a feat that shows he can even damage rkt to back up your claims mindset?

Mindset
I do, in fact, mind.

yaadaveyaa
lol well good for u for losing a debate with honor smile

Mindset
What do you mean?

I already won.

CPT Space Bomb
Rune King Thor in a stomp. Gorr couldn't get through his force field, let alone anything else.

Uriel005
Thor's always done absurdly well against Atum. Even in the latest showing where it was clear Atum was a completely different animal, through sheer will he remembered who he was, freed the rest of the Gods and broke his heart. It's the equivalent of a human being, overcoming Death's call over them in her realm or something.

Recent Atum was like a typical Abstract entity, fulfilling a role in the Cosmos and not fighting back, the Universal equivalent of an organ or something. Gorr could attack him from within or something but he's not going to win in a straight fight I don't think.

I hope this run ends with Thor beating Gorr to death at the end of time or something epic. Just watch as odin pops up in the last 6 panels and tells Old Thor this was all just a test he came up with to dick with him.

yaadaveyaa
What do you mean?

I already won.

u win nothing as usual your so far behind its not funny if ud ever try and back up any of your claims you could b taken seriously but oh well no one cares

ODG
Who wins iyo? My personal opinions are meaningless. Is not Mindset the Way, the Wrath, and the Wonder?

Damborgson
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
u win nothing as usual your so far behind its not funny if ud ever try and back up any of your claims you could b taken seriously but oh well no one cares
Dude...it's mindset. Trust me, he won.

Mindset
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
u win nothing as usual your so far behind its not funny if ud ever try and back up any of your claims you could b taken seriously but oh well no one cares You can fight it all you want, eventually they all give up.

CPT Space Bomb
Nah, RKT wins solidly. Gorr is tough as nails, but that won't matter when fighting someone above Odin.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
My personal opinions are meaningless. Is not Mindset the Way, the Wrath, and the Wonder?
No.

ODG
^ You deny Mindset's All-Father glory?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5oqk88tYa1qeawe1o1_500.png

TheGodKiller
Yes.

Mindset
Originally posted by ODG
My personal opinions are meaningless. Is not Mindset the Way, the Wrath, and the Wonder? Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Yes. Canon.

TheGodKiller
Canon.
Your betrayal of Doom is.

Mindset
No.

Zack Fair
LOL@Space bomb's sig

TheGodKiller

Deny it all you want. Your apostasy will never be forgiven.

yaadaveyaa
Dude...it's mindset. Trust me, he won.

lol i like the troll its just fun to argue with em when i have time

Stoic
Gorr has a lot to prove in order to defeat a guy that seemingly transcended the deity tier altogether.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Stoic
Gorr has a lot to prove in order to defeat a guy that seemingly transcended the deity tier altogether. THis.

Michael643

Uriel005
Originally posted by Uriel005
Just watch as odin pops up in the last 6 panels and tells Old Thor this was all just a test he came up with to dick with him. I just wanna ask how many people feel this would be totally within Odin's character to do

Stoic
Originally posted by Uriel005
I just wanna ask how many people feel this would be totally within Odin's character to do

The only problem that I can see with your theory is that the elder Thor has possession of what used to be called the Odin force, which means that Odin is either dead, or has been banished to some null or void dimension. I mean can Thor possess all of his fathers power/s without leaving Odin a base level Asgardian? I'm thinking that the writer wants the reader to understand or believe that Odin's time has passed, which is why his son (Thor) has made some unspoken monumental failure, which lead to the fall of Asgard, and its people.

All the same, the Super Skyfather rips Gorr's head off and sh!ts down his throat.

wxyz
Bump.

MrMind
RKT

Khazra Reborn
In theory RKT should probably win, but TBH, Old Man Thor has better on panel showings, and in the end he was pretty even with Gorr.

celeyhyga17
Feel the same

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
In theory RKT should probably win, but TBH, Old Man Thor has better on panel showings, and in the end he was pretty even with Gorr.

OKT can no sell Mangog's punches with zero effort? Nothing that I saw from him suggests that he can.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.