Durability vs Healing Factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

googol
say you were at peak human or top athlete level of endurance would you rather have bullet proof skin and unbreakable bones? or healing factor?

Nibedicus
Healing factor. With bullet proof skin, any kind of organ/internal damage would be most likely fatal as it would be extremely hard to operate on you.

googol
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Healing factor. With bullet proof skin, any kind of organ/internal damage would be most likely fatal as it would be extremely hard to operate on you. your organs would be as durable

Nibedicus
Originally posted by googol
your organs would be as durable

There would still be diseases, organ failure, poisons, etc that can damage organs outside simple impacts. Durable organs also means that you can't get tranplants, get tumors removesd etc.

Healing factor all the way.

LeonBuco666
Healing factor. With bullet proof skin, any kind of organ/internal damage would be most likely fatal as it would be extremely hard to operate on you. pretty much this

pym-ftw
Durability for me, I don't like pain

-Pr-
Healing factor would also allow you to build up a better tolerance of pain, which is good too.

pym-ftw
Is rather just not feel it

Nibedicus
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Is rather just not feel it

Life would suck the minute you get any kind of internal damage tho.

LeonBuco666
Life would suck the minute you get any kind of internal damage tho. yeah, it would be a lot more painful aswell, instead of having a healing factor and fealing less pain for less amounts of time

Mindship
Durability for me, I don't like pain This.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Healing factor would also allow you to build up a better tolerance of pain, which is good too. I don't know if that automatically follows. I never got the impression that Wolverine, eg, developed higher and higher pain tolerances. I think, though, one might just get used to hurting, but it still hurts. You just b1tch less about it.

Also, if I jump off a tall building, say, with durability I can just get up and start running. With a HF, you'd have to wait til your broken legs heal, hoping that in the meantime, someone is not inflicting still more damage on you.

KingD19
The problem with both is that with the durability, you can still get sick, or if injured beyond your power threshold you're screwed.

With the healing factor, you can be hurt past the point of being able to heal, or be killed by something that you might be able to survive if super durable. Wolverine has a frame(adamantium bones) that means his HF gets a free pass of sorts.

But he does have a rather high pain tolerance. He still gets hurt, but he can pretty much ignore/fight through pain at this point no matter how severe it is.

Mindship
Basically, durability allows you to stay active; no time-out needed for healing.

Nibedicus
More people die from something internal like diseases than any kind of external damage. And bullet proof skin/organs won't protect you from these. And these will hurt.

Mindship
So this is limited durability, ie, limited to macro trauma? Cuz every description of a character's durability I've ever read has always included not just macro toughness, but also greater resistance to diseases, extremes of temperature, etc. Basically, you're just harder to harm, by any means.

That's basically how I'm looking at this: being tougher to harm or damage in any way VS you recover faster from whatever ordinary harm or damage you suffer.

Prevention vs fast recovery, so to speak.

LeonBuco666
Put it this way

Wolverines Healing factor Vs Supermans Durability

Put them to infornt of a powerful attack powerful enough to harm both, who would survive it with least harm? Well logan would, because he healing factor would bring him back to normal health very quickly, whereas supermans HF is diddly squat compared to logans HF

Healing Factor ftw

h1a8
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Put it this way

Put them to infornt of a powerful attack powerful enough to harm both, who would survive it with least harm? Well logan would, because he healing factor would bring him back to normal health very quickly, whereas supermans HF is diddly squat compared to logans HF

Healing Factor ftw

With Superman's durability then there is nothing in the REAL universe that can harm you. He survived the core of stars, black holes, supernovas, etc.

With Logan's HF you can die easily. A nuclear bomb will disintegrate you. The only reason Logan can survive is because his skeleton is still in tact (adamantium).

Durability ftw

-Pr-
Put it this way

Healing Factor ftw

pretty bad comparison tbh, considering what will hurt logan much easier than it will hurt superman.

Mindship
Sub-mariner level durability?

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by -Pr-
pretty bad comparison tbh, considering what will hurt logan much easier than it will hurt superman. I'm not comparing pain, I'm comparing who will come out unscathed from something that could harm both,
I don't mean the characters, I mean wolverines legandary HF vs Supermans Amazing Durability
Same with the bullet bouncing off of supes eye, wolverine would heal of th gunshot instantly, so neither are harmed, but something that could harm both of them, if supermans harmed he's not recovering from it with out outside help, but if wolverine is hit with same attack that harmed supes he'll recover. Under his own power far quicker, it may be a bad comparison, but its the easiest way to explains the aspect of HF>durability

pym-ftw
Life would suck the minute you get any kind of internal damage tho.
Yeah but irl I don't think it would be an issue

LeonBuco666
Didn't they give superman cancer? Wolverines healing factor makes his immune system immune to all types of diseases, viruses and illness'
At the end of the day this is a question about us as individuals,
I have a high pain tolerance anways, so I'd much rather have a healing factor, because I'm not superman, I don't go fighting universal threats,
I'm much less in danger, I don't fight much either. So I could be in a car crash and not have any mark on me, but I could have internal injurys, then I'm phucked if my skin is bullet proof
But with a HF I may be marked but I won't die, I won't ever get a phuckin cold(real killers lol) or a disease, I can phuck without protection, and not have to worry about hurting myself because ino it won't last a day and the pain ill grow to take.....just my 2 cents

StyleTime
In real life, a healing factor is just more practical. You're telling me I'll never get sick, will look young, and can be in my physical prime for a 100+ years? Sign me up.

Edit: Before the inevitable "but I don't wanna live that long" BS, you can just kill yourself if you get bored.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by StyleTime
In real life, a healing factor is just more practical. You're telling me I'll never get sick and will stay young for a 100+ years? Sign me up. yeah, far more practical in real life, but in comics, I'm split between the two tbh both effective as each other imo

snowdragon
I'd take healing factor over durability.

I just hope they it's smart enough to heal you correctly and as an example if u get a broken bone it doesn't automatically set it as broken and heals that way, ouch.

I would also take a sample of my blood and take the chances of being caught later on and become rich.

Nibedicus
Yeah but irl I don't think it would be an issue

Why wouldn't they? IRL the highest causes of death is heart disease and cancer (around close to 50% combined IIRC). How exactly is having unbreakable skin able to help you with these?

Plus the fact that you'll age. Your bones might be tough, but won't help with Alzheimer's either and a host of other age-based diseases.

No, healing factor practically makes you immortal unless someone tries to kill you via a bomb/acid/etc. w/c is rare in the real life sense.

iscaremonkeys
There would still be diseases, organ failure, poisons, etc that can damage organs outside simple impacts. Durable organs also means that you can't get tranplants, get tumors removesd etc.

Healing factor all the way. idk. id want to have hulks durability where he is immune to diseases

Nibedicus
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
idk. id want to have hulks durability where he is immune to diseases

Immunity to disease is more due to Hulk's healing factor than durability, tho.

iscaremonkeys
Immunity to disease is more due to Hulk's healing factor than durability, tho. oh well then healing factor.

eaebiakuya
With durability would be easier to make money ( being a pro fighter as example).

Nibedicus
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
With durability would be easier to make money ( being a pro fighter as example).

Cept when you age and/or get sick then you stop making money.

Healing factor means that you can live for as long as you want. It's practically immortality.

curryman

Healing factor means that you can live for as long as you want. It's practically immortality.
There's so much damn nightmare-fodder though.

What if I get trapped in a living tomb.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by curryman
There's so much damn nightmare-fodder though.

What if I get trapped in a living tomb.

Neither powers would help. :P

Tho, a healing factor would mean that you'd be stuck for a long long time, you're likely to pass out and "die" from brain damage (due to lack of oxygen) before too long, tho. This would put you in an unconscious state of suspended animation. If some one digs you up, you come back to life (depending on how effective the HF is) and wreck vengeance on whoever trapped you in there. Durability would just mean you end up dead-dead.

Bottom line, tho? Don't make enemies. I know power makes ppl into douches but it's just so much better to live life w/o ppl trying to kill you.

Darth Martin
I assume we're talking Wolverine tier healing. What degree of durability are we contemplating here? Cage? Namor? Superman?

pym-ftw
I assumed Cage

Durability would also give you super strength...

curryman
Bottom line, tho? Don't make enemies. I know power makes ppl into douches but it's just so much better to live life w/o ppl trying to kill you.

Good point.

I'd probably want to try and make the world a better place though, so I'm not sure which would be better.

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
With Superman's durability then there is nothing in the REAL universe that can harm you. He survived the core of stars, black holes, supernovas, etc.

With Logan's HF you can die easily. A nuclear bomb will disintegrate you. The only reason Logan can survive is because his skeleton is still in tact (adamantium).

Durability ftw

Bottomline Logan can die and Supeman can't
HF will not make you invincible. Jump into a batch of molten steel and you are ended.

nikfang
Deadpool level : Barred from death

Zack Fair
I will choose Healing Factor.

The only reason I'd choose durability over HF is because of pretty much not feeling painl(depending on how high said durability is)

Nibedicus
I assumed Cage

Durability would also give you super strength...

Not part of the OP. But even then, what would super strength really get you in the real world? Allow you to be a super hero for a good 20-30 years before you get old or sick? What good is that?

Functional immortality allows you to contribute to the world in ways that 20-30 years of being invulnerable would. As long as people aren't trying to kill you, you won't die (keep a low profile).

Being invulnerable then getting any kind of disease (cancer, Alzheimer's, etc.) would be the worst thing ever as operating on you would be extremely hard.

Damborgson
healing factor definitely. Never have to worry about diseases, extended life, freak people the phuck out when i get up from a gunshot wound, etc.

curryman
Originally posted by Damborgson
healing factor definitely. Never have to worry about diseases, extended life, freak people the phuck out when i get up from a gunshot wound, etc.

That's the thing though, I feel like I'd go into shock the second someone shot me. What about the bullet? Will it remain lodged in your gut? Remember the Agent X run? Where it was absolutely necessary that bones were set properly or the healing factor would just completely **** everything up.

There's no way of knowing how our brain deals with memories over time, immortality might turn into a curse.

Shabazz916
Id take healing factor. I can deal with the pain aslong as ill heal i cnt go not knowing the state of my well being because im durable.

Damborgson
That's the thing though, I feel like I'd go into shock the second someone shot me. What about the bullet? Will it remain lodged in your gut? Remember the Agent X run? Where it was absolutely necessary that bones were set properly or the healing factor would just completely **** everything up.

There's no way of knowing how our brain deals with memories over time, immortality might turn into a curse.

Well, when I think "healing factor" I usually picture it as a miracle power where things go back to their proper places without needing much outside interference. That's more or less how it tends to be in comics. But if it's more of a real life type deal, you're right, I wouldn't want broken bones to have them heal side ways or a bullet to remain permanently lodged in my brain.

Nibedicus

Shock is a non-factor, you'll recover from it soon enough. Ppl can always use surgery to remove things from your gut or reset bone and brain damage is a "worst case" for having a healing factor. There are potentially more examples of ppl recovering from brain damage due to their healing factor than there are ppl going crazy from too much memory over time. Besides, "healing factor" doesn't mean immortal, just functionally immortal. You'll still die if you get dipped in acid/burned. If immortality becomes too much of a drag, book a flight to the nearest volcano and jump in.

Also, if you don't like to get shot, don't live your immortal life making enemies. Don't be a super hero and try to stop crime, s'whay police are for. Think about it, you'll be immune to disease, you'll effectively live forever and do whatever you want with little/no permanent risks. No matter how you look at it, based on benefits, healing factor all the way.

SamZED
Make a fortune by donating blood lol or just make a bet with a billionare that youd survive a headshot.

curryman
Don't be a super hero and try to stop crime, s'whay police are for.
Can't stop laughing at this one.

Shock is a non-factor, you'll recover from it soon enough. Ppl can always use surgery to remove things from your gut or reset bone and brain damage is a "worst case" for having a healing factor.
How is shock a non-factor?

How are they going to operate on you? You have a wolverine-level healing factor.

There are potentially more examples of ppl recovering from brain damage due to their healing factor than there are ppl going crazy from too much memory over time.
What is your point here. My point was not that they would go crazy from too many memories, nor was it that they'd suffer brain damage.

If they do suffer brain-damage though, how is that part of the brain being healed supposed to reverse the damage done to their personality/self ?

If you deal with emotional trauma the way Wolverine's brain does then you're in for a couple of memory losses.

Also, if you don't like to get shot, don't live your immortal life making enemies. Don't be a super hero and try to stop crime, s'whay police are for. Think about it, you'll be immune to disease, you'll effectively live forever and do whatever you want with little/no permanent risks. No matter how you look at it, based on benefits, healing factor all the way.

Don't try to stop crime? You know that there are still relatively high odds that you'll be a victim to crime yourself. You can still be held down and raped. You don't have capabilities greater than a regular human beyond recovering rapidly so protecting your loves one could be very tricky.

I'm also wondering what would stop any government from just taking you and locking you up for experiments. Obviously any kind of medical check would be terribly dangerous for you. OP also mentioned that our organs would be super-humanly durable meaning that they would be resistant a great deal of human diseases.

There are far less risks involved in being invulnerable than in having a healing factor.

TheHulk
HF for sure! why need more thicker skin when you can heal from anything?

beatboks
Put it this way

Healing Factor ftw

Have you EVER read a Superman comic. I haven't read one in years and I KNOW his healing factor is at least equal to Logans (frankly much greater). The guy healed from being DEAD. As long as his cells have or can absorb Yk they heal. The only reason he was temporarily killed by DD was because all his YK was expended until his dead body absorbed more. In fact I can't think of a single fictional character with high levels of durability that doesn't have a healing factor, they've always gone hand in hand.

Also if I may ask exactly what powerful attack are you planning to use to "harm him". The guy has held a quantum singularity in the palm of his hand and carried it across the galaxy, he's also flown out of one. That's physical stresses beyond almost anything else ever in comics. Put Logan in a black whole and see how he fares, because even if he heals his body will be pulled apart again seconds later.

Nibedicus
Can't stop laughing at this one.

How is shock a non-factor?

How are they going to operate on you? You have a wolverine-level healing factor.

What is your point here. My point was not that they would go crazy from too many memories, nor was it that they'd suffer brain damage.

If they do suffer brain-damage though, how is that part of the brain being healed supposed to reverse the damage done to their personality/self ?

If you deal with emotional trauma the way Wolverine's brain does then you're in for a couple of memory losses.

Don't try to stop crime? You know that there are still relatively high odds that you'll be a victim to crime yourself. You can still be held down and raped. You don't have capabilities greater than a regular human beyond recovering rapidly so protecting your loves one could be very tricky.

I'm also wondering what would stop any government from just taking you and locking you up for experiments. Obviously any kind of medical check would be terribly dangerous for you. OP also mentioned that our organs would be super-humanly durable meaning that they would be resistant a great deal of human diseases.

There are far less risks involved in being invulnerable than in having a healing factor.

The OP really didn't state "Wolverine level HF" or at least I can't find where exactly it states that.

Wolverine-lvl HF would be a different animal altogether. Most of the time, his HF was "smart" as in it repaired memories, organs, got rid of bullets w/o the need of surgery (somehow, in the movies it just pushed the bullets out). W/c makes it even more favorable.

Shock is a non-factor because you'll recover from it quickly.

Healing factors fix brain damage. That's just how it's been in comics, at least most of the HFs that don't let you end up dead from getting your head bashed in. That's just how it works (at least the one's I've seen, HF's have been written inconsistently, I'll agree). At most, you'll get SOME memory loss, but eventually recover your memories, if not, then so what? I'll prolly keep a record of my life and some means to remind mystelf to track down said record in case I lose my memory. Simple solution.

Why in the world should I worry about getting held down and raped?? This isn't some sick televised prison drama, crime happens but not in the frequency where I'll have to worry about it more than I would worry about aging and disease. Not even close. Why would I need to protect my loved ones when the police are around? This isn't the wild west. If I live a relatively safe life and be cautious, then my odds of crime happening to me would be low. But hey, just in case, my long life would also allow me to accumulate combat training and weapons/armor for the worst case. That's the advantage of having all the time in the world.

I'll be honest, if ppl experimenting on me would save lives, then I'm all for it. Remember, I have all the time I need as I don't die. I'd probably spend the first 50-60 years of my life in hiding and learning medicine and genetics and experiment on myself to try and develop a super drug based on my HF that would save tons of lives. When I get enough info I can then sell my findings to the highest bidder. Save billions of lives, make hundreds of billions of $$$ Wheee! Or if I can't find anything (in case my HF is "magical"wink then I give up, fake my own death and begin my life anew. In case the government starts hunting me (unlikely as I don't think the government would kidnap innocent civilians for an obscure promise of a medical breakthrough, especially when the civilian has ammassed wealth and influence and cooperates), I turn in my findings and let them see for themselves that its meaningless then go into hiding til they give up on me. Again, I got time to wait.

Many deadly diseases come from your own cells/organs, cancer, heart disease, aging, these are things durable organs won't be able to remedy. It might take you longer to succumb, but you'll succumb eventually. A clogged artery would still cause you to die even if your veins don't rupture. Cancer would still pretty much kill you. So would arythmia. Or Alzheimer's.

"Far less risks"?? Are you kidding me?!?! Google leading causes of deaths. I assure you getting shot, raped or kidnapped and experimented on by the government aren't even close by any stretch of the imagination.

The type of risks you're coming up with exist prevalently in comics. AFAIK, this thread is about real life.

LeonBuco666
Bottomline Logan can die and Supeman can't
HF will not make you invincible. Jump into a batch of molten steel and you are ended. supermans been beaten to death by doomsday, so that's a lie

snowdragon
Something else depending on how good the healing factor it would be able to enhance your physical abilities if you trained, not like comic strong but probably as good as someone jacked on steroids and GH type of enhancements.

StyleTime
I still don't get why some of you are focused on nuclear bombs, getting shot at, and all this other BS.

This is real life, and I doubt most of you get shot at regularly. You could basically enjoy your standard life.....except you'll never get sick and will stay young for a long, long time.

Healing factor is totally the way to go...unless you don't mind getting sick/old I guess.

Nibedicus
Exactly, on top of the obvious benefits of longevity, there's also the fact that you'll stay young forever. Look young, feel young and act in your prime for as long as you want.

Stoic
Healing factor for me, although that would likely mean that I would outlive everyone that I know.

LeonBuco666
Okay here 2 things that would be practical to both respective abilities ----->

Healing Factor
1.Sex, we all do it & we all like it, hell some of us can't get enough of it....now having a healing factor would men tissue & cells would, recreate dead cells or tissue, fight away virus' and diseases, so it can feel better and we wouldn't have to worry about shit, apart from cumming in her, which we can all just stop if it comes to it, durability helps this how you ask? It doesn't.

2.Internal injurys; brain tumor, canerous cells, brittle bones, heart disease, and the ineveitable heart attack or stroke, your healing factor would over come all of this, you would feel some pain, but nfor long & it would be numbed

3.You could give a sample of your blood for research, live longer, become wiser and more knowladgeable, giving in your blood for research, and if ur bloods got a healing factor like that, its gonna be worth billions & billions.

Durability
1.You can butt walls, crash cars, jump of roofs, shoot yourself and do all kinds of emo shit, but how does that help in life
2.Well I can't think of anything else apart from making money as a fighter, being able to take just about everything anyone throws at your would be cool and good for money
3.Can't think of much else

Nibedicus
You'll make good money as a fighter til ppl realize you're bullet proof and you get banned from competing. stick out tongue

You also have the benefit of time. You're functionally ageless giving you all the time in the world to learn, accumulate riches and experiences, as well as enjoy and live life.

abhilegend
Healing Factor.

googol
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I assume we're talking Wolverine tier healing. What degree of durability are we contemplating here? Cage? Namor? Superman? ButterBall type of Durability, but with a Peak human stamina and strength and able to regulate your pain sensors. meaning you could still enjoy sex...

googol
The OP really didn't state "Wolverine level HF" or at least I can't find where exactly it states that.
. Wolverine Type of Healing Factor... without adamantium bones..

I was shocked to read that you could still be Butt Rape if held by enough men(remember you would be peak human).... that would suck...

with Butterball Type durability you would be Rape Proof.....

so now with this new info(Rape able or Rape Proof) what would you choose?

Nibedicus
BIG change in stips tbh, Butterball isn't simply bullet proof he was completely invulnerable. Don't think these kinds of changes to stips are allowed via forum rules past the 2nd page (w/c this is).

To answer you question, still healing factor. I don't get where ppl are getting the whole "rape" thing tbh, this isn't a televised prison drama it's RL. Chances of getting raped is low. And what would prevent you from getting raped while invulnerable anyway? Last I checked, ppl can still hold you down even if your skin's invulnerable.

googol

To answer you question, still healing factor. I don't get where ppl are getting the whole "rape" thing tbh, this isn't a televised prison drama it's RL. Chances of getting raped is low. And what would prevent you from getting raped while invulnerable anyway? Last I checked, ppl can still hold you down even if your skin's invulnerable. with HF you can still be sent to Jail. I have seen some Bad Black Mofos in there..

They will all Gang up on you and Rape you. black guys will hurt your small anus with their huge thick penis...

I'll take durability thanks...

googol
And what would prevent you from getting raped while invulnerable anyway? Last I checked, ppl can still hold you down even if your skin's invulnerable. thats ok.. you just close you hole and nothing will be entering you from the rear end... the bad black guys will just give up and go rape some other unsuspecting white dude...

riscenvan

Nibedicus
with HF you can still be sent to Jail. I have seen some Bad Black Mofos in there..

They will all Gang up on you and Rape you. black guys will hurt your small anus with their huge thick penis...

I'll take durability thanks...

I don't plan to rob a convenience store anytime soon, so I'm not worried. Thus, HF all the way.

Also, like I said, your original post says "bullet proof" you can't change stips at this stage per rules.

Newjak
I've always wondered if your body is super durable wouldn't your immune system be jacked up as well?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Newjak
I've always wondered if your body is super durable wouldn't your immune system be jacked up as well?

Not unless specified w/c it wasn't at the start. Still would make you vulnerable to aging, cancer (as your cancer cells would inherit the same qualities most likely) and most heart disease, tho.

Newjak
Not unless specified w/c it wasn't at the start. Still would make you vulnerable to aging, cancer (as your cancer cells would inherit the same qualities most likely) and most heart disease, tho. Why?

Most of those conditions happen because of body failure but if your body is Super Durable it would make you less prone to those things as it's harder for your body to fail at things.

Obviously if you do meet something that can take your body down then you are going down which is the one sucky part.

Of course depending on the stips of the thread it changes what I would do. It also depends on what power level of healing factor we are getting vs the power level of the durability durability.

googol
like I said, your original post says "bullet proof" you can't change stips at this stage per rules. Butterball is bullet proof..

googol
I dont want to be Rape by Black guys with monster cocks so, I'll take durability thanks..

Edit. sooner or later you would want to be a "Hero" and take a Vigilante mantle and try to stop crime and shit. then since its real life you would be traped and sent to Jail where big bad black guys will rape you on a constant bases... that would suck big time.

Mindship
I've always wondered if your body is super durable wouldn't your immune system be jacked up as well? Well that's the thing. I've always envisioned durability as, basically, reinforced atomic bonds. How would a virus, eg, be able to interfere with a cell's DNA if that molecule's atomic bonds are way tougher than normal?

As far as I'm concerned, durability is durability. It gets tweaked in comics only when issues pop up, eg, blunt force vs piercing to explain why Wonder Woman can take a superpunch but has to block bullets. More often, as I mentioned in a prior post, any description of a character's durability I've ever read included resistance to disease along with being bulletproof or artilleryproof.

But then, if the OP is specifying durability limits...

Nibedicus
Why?

Most of those conditions happen because of body failure but if your body is Super Durable it would make you less prone to those things as it's harder for your body to fail at things.

Obviously if you do meet something that can take your body down then you are going down which is the one sucky part.

Of course depending on the stips of the thread it changes what I would do. It also depends on what power level of healing factor we are getting vs the power level of the durability durability.

Cancer is caused when your own cells mutate due to damaged RNA/DNA, heart attacks are caused by blockage that would starve your heart muscle and cause them to die (thus killing you), on top of that you're still vulnerable to aging w/c invulnerability isn't going to help you with.

Nibedicus
Butterball is bullet proof..

When an OP says "bullet proof" as a stipulation, it is usually understood as the outlier level of invulnerability, not minimum or in-between level. Also, Butterball has other powers/vulnerabilities other than his skin and organs. You are effectively expanding the areas where the vulnerability applies.

I think it would be best if you stay w/in the original texts of your stips out of courtesy instead of expanding it as ppl have already debated for pages using the exact wording of your stipulation and sufficient time has already passed where changes are no longer allowed.

I dont want to be Rape by Black guys with monster cocks so, I'll take durability thanks..

Edit. sooner or later you would want to be a "Hero" and take a Vigilante mantle and try to stop crime and shit. then since its real life you would be traped and sent to Jail where big bad black guys will rape you on a constant bases... that would suck big time.

Not sure if serious....

googol
Originally posted by Mindship

But then, if the OP is specifying durability limits... Butterball durability but you would still age. but modulate your feeling receptors

googol

Not sure if serious.... oh I am.... say if you were a vigilante and wanted to stop some terrorist but at the end they managed to explode their bombs on a housing bilding and kill a few dosen people? and the police beleive you were one of them? consecutive life sentences will await you... a life in Prison.. A life of Rape...

no thanks.

While Invulnerable you would still age and die in prison with your virgen Anus... eek!

Nibedicus
oh I am.... say if you were a vigilante and wanted to stop some terrorist but at the end they managed to explode their bombs on a housing bilding and kill a few dosen people? and the police beleive you were one of them? consecutive life sentences will await you... a life in Prison.. A life of Rape...

no thanks.

While Invulnerable you would still age and die in prison with your virgen Anus... eek!

/facepalm.

curryman
Snip

Okay, so here's the problem with this naive 15 year old post of yours.

You assume that you're going to spend 60 years "learning genetics" and develop a super-cure from your own body. No funding, no prior skills or anything like that. You're going to start from scratch and create a miracle-cure that will sell for billions.

Now without revealing how this was created (or do you plan on revealing your superhuman nature to people) you plan on cashing in on some of the greatest medicine-whatever deals in the history of mankind.

In real life.

You also claim that "rape" never takes place, but it's reaching 10% of the female population in many western countries and in some of the worse areas, India in example, over 75% of women report being sexually abused at one point. But I'll leave you to your dreams.

My point is that you claim to be living in a "realistic" setting where no violence takes place, you would not be captured despite being possibly the most valuable human being alive, police prevent any crime, you have "armours", you (seemingly with no knowledge of the world) are going to learn and surpass anyone within the field of medicine and genetics in 60 years.

This is not realistic.

Your knowledge of how healing factors are portrayed differently in comics is also woefully inadequate, not to mention your knowledge of the character whose durability our powers would stem from.

googol

You assume that you're going to spend 60 years "learning genetics" and develop a super-cure from your own body. No funding, no prior skills or anything like that. You're going to start from scratch and create a miracle-cure that will sell for billions.

Now without revealing how this was created (or do you plan on revealing your superhuman nature to people) you plan on cashing in on some of the greatest medicine-whatever deals in the history of mankind.

In real life.

You also claim that "rape" never takes place, but it's reaching 10% of the female population in many western countries and in some of the worse areas, India in example, over 75% of women report being sexually abused at one point. But I'll leave you to your dreams.

My point is that you claim to be living in a "realistic" setting where no violence takes place, you would not be captured despite being possibly the most valuable human being alive, police prevent any crime, you have "armours", you (seemingly with no knowledge of the world) are going to learn and surpass anyone within the field of medicine and genetics in 60 years.

This is not realistic.

Your knowledge of how healing factors are portrayed differently in comics is also woefully inadequate, not to mention your knowledge of the character whose durability our powers would stem from. such of a good post...

Nibedicus

In real life.

Time allows one certain luxuries that those w/o time does not. I can eventually get my own funds (15 years working and I already make pretty good money) and I have all the time in the world to learn genetics and medicine and get the funding for a small personal lab, so I don't see what the problem is.

So yeah, that can work.

And no, I don't expect to get the miracle cure off the bat, but time gives me the luxury of studying and learning about my condition while being at my physical and mental prime for as long as I want to pursue this. So, I don't see what your problem with this is.

Also, I mentioned what I would probably try to do given effectively unlimited time. I even stated that there is a chance I could fail (in which case I would just fake my death and start my life over). This, however, does not apply to all and others may chose a different path. So again, I don't see what your problem with this rationale is coming from.

1) Never claimed rape never takes place, I claimed that the possibility of rape happening to me is far more remote than say heart disease.

Why in the world should I worry about getting held down and raped??

2) The fact that I'm a guy kinda makes your entire statistic utterly meaningless.

3) What the hell is with you and the OP's obsession with rape? Seriously, chill, no one's gonna wanna butt hump you man.

Sooo yeah /facepalm

This is not realistic.

I'm 36 years old and the closest thing I've had to a violent crime happening to me was a bar fight with the other guy pulling a knife on me and running away when the police walked by.

And PLEASE read my posts. Never said violence never happens, it does of course, but disease and aging happens far more often.

If anything, I think you watch too many movies and I don't think you really know what the "real world" is if you think it's the wild west for everyone out there. I dunno maybe you just live in a really bad neighborhood.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth, I never said I'd surpass anyone/everyone in the field of genetics and medicine. Just that my unique access to unlimited supply of ultra regenerative cell samples and unlimited supply of time will give me insights that no one else would.

Your knowledge of how healing factors are portrayed differently in comics is also woefully inadequate, not to mention your knowledge of the character whose durability our powers would stem from.

Lol at this. So what about healing factors was I wrong in? Please quote me before you start throwing around silly accusations.

h1a8
supermans been beaten to death by doomsday, so that's a lie We are talking about the REAL world. There is no DD.
Nothing in the real world could harm you with Superman's durability. NOTHING!

With Logan's HF you can get your head chopped off, body cut in half, melted to liquid, disintegrate through nuclear bombs, etc.

You can't die at all with Superman's durability. It's impossible. But with Logan's HF there are many ways to die.

This is a no brainer puzzle.

h1a8
Originally posted by StyleTime
I still don't get why some of you are focused on nuclear bombs, getting shot at, and all this other BS.

This is real life, and I doubt most of you get shot at regularly. You could basically enjoy your standard life.....except you'll never get sick and will stay young for a long, long time.

Healing factor is totally the way to go...unless you don't mind getting sick/old I guess.

With Superman's durability you get longevity. Remember aging is because of damage done to the dna over time. Superman's dna is durable. In comics, Superman ages just as slow as Logan or even slower.

There will be another world war, there may be an asteriod to land, you can get your head cut off if someone found out and wanted you dead.

Nibedicus
You DO know Leonbucco isn't the OP right? And that the OP hasn't even mentioned Superman durability even once?

h1a8
You DO know Leonbucco isn't the OP right? And that the OP hasn't even mentioned Superman durability even once?

Well then why is this thread this long? We must assume some type of super durability if the limit is not given.

Also with HF you can be knocked out, restrained, tortured, head cut off, etc.

I would rather be durable if longevity comes with both.

A better argument would be
HF vs. Durability with no longevity for either one.

JakeTheBank
Generally speaking, "durability" extends beyond just physical pain tolerance and what your body can endure from trauma and extreme conditions. It also extends to diseases and tolerance to toxins and the like. And virtually every person I've seen in comics with great durability/pseudo-invincibility has an accelerated healing factor of some kind anyway (not instant like Wolverine's or anything, but faster than a normal human).

Nibedicus
Well then why is this thread this long? We must assume some type of super durability if the limit is not given.

I would rather be durable if longevity comes with both.

A better argument would be
HF vs. Durability with no longevity for either one.

The OP started with "bullet proof" skin and organs (w/c is at best Luke Cage lvl) then changed it to Butterball durability (complete invulnerability, sent to mod for ruling as OP is not allowed to change stips past 2 pages per rules) w/o longevity.

Longevity only comes with HF. If you want to make your own thread with your own stips feel free.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Generally speaking, "durability" extends beyond just physical pain tolerance and what your body can endure from trauma and extreme conditions. It also extends to diseases and tolerance to toxins and the like. And virtually every person I've seen in comics with great durability/pseudo-invincibility has an accelerated healing factor of some kind anyway (not instant like Wolverine's or anything, but faster than a normal human).

Stips started of with "Bullet proof skin and organs and unbreakable bones" as the OP description of durability, tho.

3 pages later he then shifted it to complete invulnerability w/c I think is against forum rules.

Newjak
Cancer is caused when your own cells mutate due to damaged RNA/DNA, heart attacks are caused by blockage that would starve your heart muscle and cause them to die (thus killing you), on top of that you're still vulnerable to aging w/c invulnerability isn't going to help you with. Yeah but if your cells are so durable they don't break down do you really have to worry about cancer?

Nibedicus
Yeah but if your cells are so durable they don't break down do you really have to worry about cancer?

Not really 100% sure on this tbh. Cancer cells are basically mutated cells that exist within your body. So if it's your own mutated cells, wouldn't your cancer cells in turn, share the same durability as your normal cells?

Newjak
Not really 100% sure on this tbh. Cancer cells are basically mutated cells that exist within your body. So if it's your own mutated cells, wouldn't your cancer cells in turn, share the same durability as your normal cells? Possible. Of course cancer comes from cells faulty reproducing but your cells are durable enough you wouldn't replace them as often. which also makes me think aging would also be slowed down if you are durable enough.

Nibedicus
Possible. Of course cancer comes from cells faulty reproducing but your cells are durable enough you wouldn't replace them as often. which also makes me think aging would also be slowed down if you are durable enough.

Original stips stated "bullet proof skin/organs and unbreakable bones", tho.

Not sure to what extent your cells would be not needed to be replaced and how well it protects you from cancer and the like. Also, doesn't lack of nutrients/oxygen cause your cells to die just as much as trauma would? Not to mention that some cells are programmed to self destruct (apoptosis)...

googol
Original stips stated "bullet proof skin/organs and unbreakable bones", tho.

Not sure to what extent your cells would be not needed to be replaced and how well it protects you from cancer and the like. Also, doesn't lack of nutrients/oxygen cause your cells to die just as much as trauma would? Not to mention that some cells are programmed to self destruct (apoptosis)... Forget about Cancer cells.....

your chances of Cancer is actually lower than being analy rape in prison... eek!

h1a8
The OP started with "bullet proof" skin and organs (w/c is at best Luke Cage lvl) then changed it to Butterball durability (complete invulnerability, sent to mod for ruling as OP is not allowed to change stips past 2 pages per rules) w/o longevity.

Longevity only comes with HF. If you want to make your own thread with your own stips feel free. No need to be sarcastic, clearly I didn't know. It's better to be a nice troll than a rude person.

Lastly, did OP make it clear the longevity comes with HF? Or are we assuming that?

h1a8
The only benefit of HF is longevity (nothing more). And that's if the OP is giving longevity to HF and not durability. You can't take over anything or rule over anything.

With durability I can take over (just get the fire power and the team first).

LeonBuco666
I still stand by HF
Far more practical, because you can't feel pain and harder to hurt you doesn't mean its more effective then a healing factor
Far more practical, for me anyway, I have a quiet life, I'm not sure about all you guys who are on alert getting shot at and avoiding nuclear bombs day in day out, but a healing factor is far more practical in real life

StyleTime
With Superman's durability you get longevity. Remember aging is because of damage done to the dna over time. Superman's dna is durable. In comics, Superman ages just as slow as Logan or even slower.

Nib already mentioned it. This wasn't about Superman's durability.
The only benefit of HF is longevity (nothing more).
Nope.
...What kind of secret agent life do you lead dude?

LeonBuco666
^ laughing out loud another guy said durability would be more practical due to nuclear bombs, getting shot at etc haha

Shabazz916

There will be another world war, there may be an asteriod to land, you can get your head cut off if someone found out and wanted you dead.

superman has nothing to do with being durable just his celluar make up is different... but with durablity comes extreme weakness green rock and red sun for superman....

you can be durable but once sum1 breaks thru your done

h1a8
I still stand by HF
Far more practical, because you can't feel pain and harder to hurt you doesn't mean its more effective then a healing factor
Far more practical, for me anyway, I have a quiet life, I'm not sure about all you guys who are on alert getting shot at and avoiding nuclear bombs day in day out, but a healing factor is far more practical in real life

Ok what reasons is HF better than durability.

Don't say longevity because one can have HF without longevity in comics.
Or one can have durability and also longevity.

With HF you feel pain. With durability you don't.

h1a8
Originally posted by Shabazz916
superman has nothing to do with being durable just his celluar make up is different... but with durablity comes extreme weakness green rock and red sun for superman....

you can be durable but once sum1 breaks thru your done Op says durability inside and out (including organs)

Also we are assuming the real world and not comics. In the real world there is nothing to harm you with durability.

With HF you still feel pain and can be killed.

LeonBuco666
Ok what reasons is HF better than durability.

Don't say longevity because one can have HF without longevity in comics.
Or one can have durability and also longevity.

With HF you feel pain. With durability you don't. seeing as the OP hasn't stated, let's assume it top tier HF like durability

Immune to ALL types of disease, illness and viruses. HF takes that department.
Make money, change the world, give blood samples for research, pass the ability on through you kids
Regrow lost limbs, heal cuts, recover from accidents

Being durable just means your tougher to cut, and feel less pain(nothing more) which I personally would fine useless

tijay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNbeyRwT8Uo&list=PL5CC44F2C10A8415C&index=20

Shabazz916
Just because your durable doesnt mean you cnt be cut into thats so overrated ultron shot thru luke cages head in age of ultron!!!

Villians have made superman bleed so durability can be compromised. Dnt think that it cnt and where you are durable you do feel pain.

jitay
but luke has a healing factor aswell now

h1a8
Just because your durable doesnt mean you cnt be cut into thats so overrated ultron shot thru luke cages head in age of ultron!!!

Villians have made superman bleed so durability can be compromised. Dnt think that it cnt and where you are durable you do feel pain.

This is the real world. With Superman's durability there is nothing to hurt you.

iscaremonkeys

Healing factor means that you can live for as long as you want. It's practically immortality. technically. yea. I mean look at wolverine and Deadpool. You could still die though. Like spiderman did sad

googol
lets look at it this way...

with Healing factor you should have a very long life maybe even imortal....but as with immortals and vampires if your head is severed you die... so not true immortality..

with Hight Durability or invulnerability you would need an adamantium cutting tool or laser to cut your head off...

h1a8
Any great serious injury will result in death with the HF. The only benefit is taking care of yourself to live a longer life. You have to fake your death from time to time though.

With indestructible durability you should be ageless as well.

Also with HF you don't have to be age slower.

So the OP has to clarify does HF give slower aging (how much) and does durability give slower aging (how much).

Silent Master
This is the real world. With Superman's durability there is nothing to hurt you.

Where in the OP does it state "Superman level durability"?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Where in the OP does it state "Superman level durability"?

The OP later made it clear that you get something even better than Superman's durability. You get to be completely indestructible. At first he said bulletproof but that doesn't tell us the upper limits. So he defined the upper limits as indestructible.

Silent Master
The OP later made it clear that you get something even better than Superman's durability. You get to be completely indestructible. At first he said bulletproof but that doesn't tell us the upper limits. So he defined the upper limits as indestructible.

OP's aren't allowed to change the stips after the first few posts, so again...where did the OP state "Superman level durability"?

Edit:Correction, the rule is actually that the OP has to PM a mod in order to make changes, so until a MOD rules...the stips from page 1 stand.

h1a8
OP's aren't allowed to change the stips after the first few posts, so again...where did the OP state "Superman level durability"?

Edit:Correction, the rule is actually that the OP has to PM a mod in order to make changes, so until a MOD rules...the stips from page 1 stand.

He didn't change the stips. He just didn't specific the upper limits but only the lower limits.

Silent Master
He didn't change the stips. He just didn't specific the upper limits but only the lower limits.

He stated bullet-proof durability, going from that to total invulnerability is a massive change and per forum rules requires him to PM a mod.

h1a8
He stated bullet-proof durability, going from that to total invulnerability is a massive change and per forum rules requires him to PM a mod.

You don't understand. There are infinite levels of durabilities that are bullet proof. He didn't specify the upper end. He is allowed to clarify but not change.

So it isn't a change at all but a clarification.

Silent Master
I understand that the OP states bullet-proof durability, not total invulnerability. If he wants to change the stips he has to PM a mod per forum rules.

Edit: If it was a clarification like you're claiming, then why does the OP mention unbreakable bones...since that would be included under total invulnerability. He's obviously attempting to change the stips.

h1a8
I understand that the OP states bullet-proof durability, not total invulnerability. If he wants to change the stips he has to PM a mod per forum rules.

Edit: If it was a clarification like you're claiming, then why does the OP mention unbreakable bones...since that would be included under total invulnerability. He's obviously attempting to change the stips.

Well I agree with you. But still we have no upper limit on durability. What should we assume based off his clarification then? Prehaps it shouldn't be total invulnerability and prehaps Superman level durability (Superman bones arent unbreakable) or Hulk level durability or Colossus level or Thing level.

Silent Master
He stated a very specific level in the OP, bullet-proof...if he wants to change that, per forum rules he has to PM a mod.

h1a8
He stated a very specific level in the OP, bullet-proof...if he wants to change that, per forum rules he has to PM a mod.

But you can have Thing level durability and be bulletproof or Colossus level.
We still wouldn't know an upper limit.

Silent Master
But you can have Thing level durability and be bulletproof or Colossus level.
We still wouldn't know an upper limit.

Again, the stated level is bullet-proof...not bullet+++++++++ proof.

h1a8
Again, the stated level is bullet-proof...not bullet+++++++++ proof.

But being bullet proof still doesn't tell us the upper limit since there are levels of bulletproof.

There are bullets that can penetrate anything on Earth (even Abhram tanks) when missiles and bombs can't.

So being completely bulletproof we can still assume practical invulnerability. So nothing on Earth can harm you.

Silent Master
But being bullet proof still doesn't tell us the upper limit since there are levels of bulletproof.

There are bullets that can penetrate anything on Earth (even Abhram tanks) when missiles and bombs can't.

So being completely bulletproof we can still assume practical invulnerability. So nothing on Earth can harm you.

Wait, you're claiming that there isn't a missile or bomb on this planet that can damage a tank?

h1a8
Wait, you're claiming that there isn't a missile or bomb on this planet that can damage a tank?
Of course not.
There are bullets with more penetration ability than any missile or bomb ON EARTH.
So if no bullet is getting through then no missile or bomb is either.

Shabazz916
if we are talking about nothing can ever hurt or harm you durability thats just silly there has to be gray area or this is a dumb thread because its a simple answer

h1a8
if we are talking about nothing can ever hurt or harm you durability thats just silly there has to be gray area or this is a dumb thread because its a simple answer Well if you are bullet proof then you can withstand any bullet no matter what. That means you are invulnerable by Earth standards at the very least.

Silent Master
Of course not.
There are bullets with more penetration ability than any missile or bomb ON EARTH.
So if no bullet is getting through then no missile or bomb is either.

Sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Since you want to play this game, then the healing factor is good enough to heal any injury in less than a picosecond.

h1a8
Sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Since you want to play this game, then the healing factor is good enough to heal any injury in less than a picosecond.

Not if your dead.

Silent Master
Not if your dead.

What is going to kill you when your healing factor can heal any injury in less than a picosecond?

Of course not.
So if no bullet is getting through then no missile or bomb is either. doesnt mean you can't be burnt to death or die of radiation poisoning

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753
doesnt mean you can be burnt to death or die of radiation poisoning

Exactly, this world is full of things that can do far more damage than any bullet, yet h1a8 is trying to apply a no limits fallacy, though he didn't seem to like it when I applied his logic to the other side.

h1a8
What is going to kill you when your healing factor can heal any injury in less than a picosecond? You can't heal when you are dead.
You can get blown up, head splattered by a blunt object, etc.

Imagine a canon shell slowly hitting you in the head. You can't heal as long as it is still pushing your head in.

h1a8
Originally posted by 753
doesnt mean you can't be burnt to death or die of radiation poisoning

It does mean you can't be burnt to a large degree.
But you could be right about radiation poisoning.

h1a8
Exactly, this world is full of things that can do far more damage than any bullet, yet h1a8 is trying to apply a no limits fallacy, though he didn't seem to like it when I applied his logic to the other side. I do like it. I'm not bias here. You can apply any logic you like. I love to debate or agree. Either one is fine with me.

Silent Master
You can't heal when you are dead.
You can get blown up, head splattered by a blunt object, etc.

Imagine a canon shell slowly hitting you in the head. You can't heal as long as it is still pushing your head in.

It'd just keep pushing you, becasue your healing factor is healing you faster than the shell can cause damage.

So again, how can you die if your healing factor can heal any level of injury in less than picosecond?

It does mean you can't be burnt to a large degree.
But you could be right about radiation poisoning. it'd make you more fire tolerant, not fireproof.

Scarlet315
I would take the healing factor granted that it fixes everything perfectly. But i don't see why anyone, any guy would want to take durability. If you're durable and nothing can hurt you then you wouldn't be able to feel anything physical wise from a woman. You'd be pissed off like Corbain. Vid starts at 1:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c79fG5_W0B0

h1a8
Originally posted by Scarlet315
I would take the healing factor granted that it fixes everything perfectly. But i don't see why anyone, any guy would want to take durability. If you're durable and nothing can hurt you then you wouldn't be able to feel anything physical wise from a woman. You'd be pissed off like Corbain. Vid starts at 1:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c79fG5_W0B0

Good point.
I choose HF then lol.
I'll just go to the gym and get mega strong (peak human strength) while wearing bullet proof armor and stuff.

Originally posted by Scarlet315

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c79fG5_W0B0 there's no reason to assume you'd lose the perception of touch and the pleasure it can alicit along with pain

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Certain characters like Citizen Steel have durability to the point where they can't feel anything, but generally speaking, beings with super strength/invincibility can still feel touch and pleasure and everything else that goes along with it.

tijay
Butterball cant feel for pain or pleasure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.