Thor/Superman vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
I thought I take a little break from Thor vs. Superman stuff and have them merge as one being. To be honest, I appreciate Thor fans for now I respect Thor a lot more than I would have if it wasn't for them. I don't know if the feeling is mutual for Superman though. Anyway I agree that Thor is a bad boy (very powerful indeed) and awesome. So I want to see how far this being can go as defined as follows:

Superman and Thor powers (at their quantifiable best) of
Strength (stacked), Durability(stacked), Speed and reflexes (including the ability to vibrate intangible) stacked, Freeze breath, Pressure point ability, gifted intelligence, Flight and mobility, having Mjolnir and all of the skills and knowledge Thor has with it, Godblast and Thor's natural lightning powers without Mjolnir, Thor's fighting ability

Fighting in character of
1. Optimal speed and reflexes operating at 75% of the time on average
2. Ability to use any powers at any time regardless of whether it's cheap, will kill instantly, etc. That means Godblast, vibrate, absorb shields and energy, etc.
3. Non holding back, no remorse for killing but calm thinking effective killer.

This merged character runs the following gauntlet and is restored after each battle. How far does Thor-EL gets?

1. Kurse
2. Current Mangog
3. Ultron
4. Thanos (pre Imperative)
5. Destroyer (animated by a random human)
6. Odin (can't change Mjolnir enchantment or stop time)
7. King Thor (can't interfere with time or change Mjolnir enchantment)
8. RKT (can't interfere with time or change Mjolnir enchantment)
9. Galactus (100% speed and reflexes against him)
10. Arishem (100% speed and reflexes against him which knowledge of hyperspace energy as weakness)

pym-ftw
6 imho

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, I don't See Thor-El trashing a skyfather of Odin's level. Odin should be above King Thor imo. RKT is in right spot though.

curryman
At their quantifiable best? hory sheeeet

armedforbattle
At there absolute best? So godblast/one shot a 5D Imp. Under those circumstances they would trash Odin.

A simple supes/Thor Amalgam? Thanos would trash 'em.

h1a8
Remember this character is operating at their best ever shown (quantifiable levels though).

Remember this character is not fighting with the mindset of neither Superman or Thor. But is able to do any tactic at any time (intangibility, Godblast, absorbing someones' shielding or energy blasts, making Mjolnir go remote control, bfr, etc).

h1a8
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, I don't See Thor-El trashing a skyfather of Odin's level. Odin should be above King Thor imo. RKT is in right spot though.

King Thor at the end of his Reign was definitely more powerful than Odin.
Just look at what he did to the Destroyer prior.

Remember King Thor = Odin + Thor while Odin = Odin only.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by h1a8
King Thor at the end of his Reign was definitely more powerful than Odin.
Just look at what he did to the Destroyer prior.

Remember King Thor = Odin + Thor while Odin = Odin only. Classic Odin was far more powerful than regular King Thor. Way more feats and power level examples.

h1a8
Classic Odin was far more powerful than regular King Thor. Way more feats and power level examples.

I disagree. King Thor's feat against the Destroyer trumps almost anything Odin has done. Also King Thor's feat of time manipulation trumps any time feat made by Odin. Plus you can't argue against

Odin + Thor >>>>>> Odin

This is common sense.

CPT Space Bomb
I disagree. King Thor's feat against the Destroyer trumps almost anything Odin has done. Also King Thor's feat of time manipulation trumps any time feat made by Odin. Plus you can't argue against

Odin + Thor >>>>>> Odin

This is common sense. Wrong. King Thor was not above Classic Odin levels. Do you even know anything about Classic Odin? Rune King Thor is the only Thor that could be placed above Odin IMO..

h1a8
Wrong. King Thor was not above Classic Odin levels. Do you even know anything about Classic Odin? Rune King Thor is the only Thor that could be placed above Odin IMO.. Classic Odin and current Odin are the same character if I'm not mistaken. Thus King Thor has classic Odin's power by default.

It's like saying WWH is weaker than Savage Hulk since Savage Hulk did shit greater than WWH did. But we all know that WWH is the strongest Hulk has ever been since that time. That means he keeps Savage Hulk's feats.

CPT Space Bomb
Wrong. King Thor never showed the amount of power that Odin had. Also, Thor wouldn't have the centuries of knowledge of the Odinforce that Odin had. He struggled at times with stuff Odin would laugh off.

I take King Thor for what he was, a very powerful being who was an Odin-lite. The only thing I'll give King Thor was he was perhaps more powerful a melee fighter than Odin. That's about it.

kgkg
9. Galactus (100% speed and reflexes against him)? 100%?

Yep Galactus gets speed blitz to death.

Zack Fair
Odin removes Thor's worthyness. Hammer falls to the ground. Thor-El looks at Odin in surprise. Then he gets put down before his brain processed what happened.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Odin removes Thor's worthyness. Hammer falls to the ground. Thor-El looks at Odin in surprise. Then he gets put down before his brain processed what happened. ? Who get's put down?

Zack Fair
Thor-El.

CPT Space Bomb
Thor-El. Yah. I agree. He doesn't make it past Odin. And Odin is still in wrong spot.. stick out tongue

curryman
Odin removes Thor's worthyness. Hammer falls to the ground. Thor-El looks at Odin in surprise. Then he gets put down before his brain processed what happened.

Per stipulations Odin is neither allowed to stop time nor do anything with mjolnir's enchantment smile

h1a8
Wrong. King Thor never showed the amount of power that Odin had. Also, Thor wouldn't have the centuries of knowledge of the Odinforce that Odin had. He struggled at times with stuff Odin would laugh off.

I take King Thor for what he was, a very powerful being who was an Odin-lite. The only thing I'll give King Thor was he was perhaps more powerful a melee fighter than Odin. That's about it.

King Thor surpassed Odin in power output but not in effects. Odin may have knew more spells and can achieve more effects than King Thor but his power output wasn't higher.

Remember what King Thor did to Destroyer, Cap's shield, Logan's adamantium is beyond Odin.

In some circumstances Odin one shot koes Surfer (not kill), fail to do much to Thanos in the beginning, etc.

Most beings who are not as durable as Destroyer or Cap's shield that Odin blasts are either koed or not koed. Huge power difference.

CPT Space Bomb
King Thor surpassed Odin in power output but not in effects. Odin may have knew more spells and can achieve more effects than King Thor but his power output wasn't higher.Yes, it was. King Thor never displayed REMOTELY the power that Odin has. King Thor had a few good feats sprinkled in here and there, but everything he did Odin could match and more.
laughing out loud Um, No. King Thor Disintegrated Captain America THROUGH his shield with eye beams and pretty much did the same to Logan. Odin could have done that without thinking. The only 2 feats that you can even argue are if Odin could throw Mjolnir with enough force to ko the Destroyer like King Thor did (Which Thor even admits on panel that ODIN'S POWER in the face of evil could do), and if Odin could PHYSICALLY dent Captain America's shield. I'm inclined to believe he could but let's for argument sake say no, Odin wasn't the physical brute Thor is. Fine. It doesn't mean that Thor is more powerful. It just means that he's more physical. Surtur, Seth, Infinity etc, etc. Beings Odin has tangled with and defeated, are all above the Destroyer (whom Odin made btw), Thanos, Surfer etc... Odin is above and beyond King Thor on every conceivable category except possibly raw strength.

h1a8
Beings Odin has tangled with and defeated, are all above the Destroyer (whom Odin made btw), Thanos, Surfer etc... Odin is above and beyond King Thor on every conceivable category except possibly raw strength.

Surtur, Seth, etc. are not that much greater than Destroyer in durability.

Odin is not above King Thor in blast power.
What feats by Odin compares to casually disintegrating Cap's shield or warping AND destroying adamantium WITH BLASTS?

Also you are arguing against the suspension of disbelief. Thor was supposed to have Odin's power plus his own (that means equal or greater power output).

You might as well say Savage Hulk is greater than WWH.

Do you think that? If so why?

JakeTheBank
Stops at Odin.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Stops at Odin.

Remember this character is operating at their best ever shown (quantifiable levels though).

Remember this character is not fighting with the mindset of neither Superman or Thor. But is able to do any tactic at any time (intangibility, Godblast, absorbing someones' shielding or energy blasts, making Mjolnir go remote control, bfr, etc).

Thor's highest levels stacked with Superman highest levels ever shown.

This character fights with cheap tactics (will do any tactic it is capable of at any optimal given time) and is willing to kill

JakeTheBank
Thor's highest levels stacked with Superman highest levels ever shown.

This character fights with cheap tactics (will do any tactic it is capable of at any optimal given time) and is willing to kill

I am aware.

Still, Odin at his on panel best is too much for Thor and Superman combined.

h1a8
I am aware.

Still, Odin at his on panel best is too much for Thor and Superman combined.

Why is that?
Couldn't this being just rock the shit out of Odin physically?

Plus this being would be vastly more durable and stronger than Mangog

Plus this being can defend against anything Odin can do.

JakeTheBank
Why is that?
Couldn't this being just rock the shit out of Odin physically?

Plus this being would be vastly more durable and stronger than Mangog

Plus this being can defend against anything Odin can do.

He could phase him, sure, but he wouldn't beat the crap out of him.

Erm, no, not really.

He could attempt a defense against Odin, sure.

h1a8
He could phase him, sure, but he wouldn't beat the crap out of him.

Erm, no, not really.

He could attempt a defense against Odin, sure.

Let's discuss 2 and 3

You are using a no limits fallacy for Mangog. If we take the highest thing Mangog has tanked then the combination of Superman and Thor's highest durability feats stacked is superior. Plus a billion billion beings is a finite limit. Thus a no limit fallacy is a fallacy.

What is the strongest Mangog was shown to be (a few times stronger than Thor). He didn't do much strength wise. He hit mjolnir back equal to Thor's strength. He lifted bridges and hit Thor without koing him, etc. After fighting Mangog Thor said Mangog was exaggerating a billion billion beings of power.

Thor-El can avoid any blast made by Odin with Mjolnir, using speed to evade, intangibility, shields, etc.

the Darkone
Odin rage stomps, Odin highs are greater than Superman and Thor combine!!

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin rage stomps, Odin highs are greater than Superman and Thor combine!!

People believe that Mangog can give Odin problems in a straight fight.
Yet these two at their highest shown and stacked is greater than Mangog in everyway.

You are not thinking in terms of how the fight will go.
This being is vastly faster, not subject to CIS, can defend against any Odin attack, has the power to harm Odin, etc.

the Darkone
People believe that Mangog can give Odin problems in a straight fight.
Yet these two at their highest shown and stacked is greater than Mangog in everyway.

You are not thinking in terms of how the fight will go.
This being is vastly faster, not subject to CIS, can defend against any Odin attack, has the power to harm Odin, etc.

^^ laughing

CPT Space Bomb
Guys, just stop feeding the troll. He knows nothing about Odin and therefore cannot be reasoned with.

/thread.

h1a8
Guys, just stop feeding the troll. He knows nothing about Odin and therefore cannot be reasoned with.

/thread. How am I the troll when I'm the only one offering how the fight will go? Others are saying Odin wins without good reasoning. Feats alone don't make you win. That's not good reasoning. You have to logically connect the feats to what will happen in this fight in order to prove or provide evidence of who will win. That's the spirit of comic debating and how it started.

You know nothing of Odin nor Mangog.
You know nothing of Superman and Thor's best feats.

Using both Superman's and Thor's best durability feats stacked then they are more durable than Mangog.

Superman's best strength feats alone put him above Mangog in strength. Do you know Mangog's best strength feats?

So we have a being that's greater than Mangog in everyway. Yet Odin still stomps him? Yet Odin can't stomp Mangog in a straight fight.

With that said,
This being clears the gauntlet.
He beat Odin by bashing him. He will eventually fall. Odin can't harm this being because they have speed and reflexes to avoid, Mjolnir to block and absorb, intangibility options, and force field options.

They beat Galactus by again bashing him with Mjolnir. Flying into him at ftl speeds while avoiding or absorbing his attacks.

They beat Arishem by using hyperspace energy against him (as in my OP stipulations).

the Darkone

/thread.

thumb up

Wei Phoenix
I agree, I don't that Galactus has any FTL reflex feats so how do we know he can react to such an attack?

the Darkone
Odin can cancel out Thor powers, and order the hammer to drop. Odin beats Thor/Superman into a coma!!

h1a8
Odin can cancel out Thor powers, and order the hammer to drop. Odin beats Thor/Superman into a coma!! The stips prevent this.

the Darkone

6. Odin (can't change Mjolnir enchantment or stop time)

I don't see any stips towards Thor powers and abilities be taken away by Odin, you only said hammer enchantment and time stopping. Thor and hammer are two different thingswink

Odin will still beat that a$$, Odin can amp at will and counter Mjolner with thundstruck and Gungair" Spear of Heaven", Odin is vastly more versatile than Superman/Thor fusion.

h1a8
I don't see any stips towards Thor powers and abilities be taken away by Odin, you only said hammer enchantment and time stopping. Thor and hammer are two different thingswink

Odin will still beat that a$$, Odin can amp at will and counter Mjolner with thundstruck and Gungair" Spear of Heaven", Odin is vastly more versatile than Superman/Thor fusion.
Well that is what I meant. Otherwise what will be the point of leaving Mjolnir's powers and taking away Thor's? Doesn't Mjolnir grant Thor powers anyway?
Odin isn't that fast though.
Remember their speed stacks.

Yes Odin is more versatile but more versatile is a weakness when one doesn't have speed or time to decide or react on what to do. It's better to have a few simple yet effective powers instead of countless many to choose from.

CPT Space Bomb
http://www.thejonolsonproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Remember-Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-fanpop-22675484-412-341-300x248.jpg

golem370
Kurse would be hard imo he beat Thor and Beta Ray Bill.

the Darkone
http://www.thejonolsonproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Remember-Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-fanpop-22675484-412-341-300x248.jpg

Preach it!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.