If you could ban a comic book character who would it be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Any comic book characters that burns you ass lol who would you ban?

A sample list
Batman
Hulk
Flash
Franklin Richards

Silent Master
Wolverine

golem370
I think I would pick Flash imo

CortSether
Juggernaut. Wouldn't have to worry about any sort of disease, nuclear war, harm in any way. Could do really cool things like swim to parts of the ocean that are unreachable by current means. Could volunteer for a space program and discover things in other planets with too hostile conditions so as to increase our understanding of our solar system. Could go to a gym and make everyone else there feel like crap just by walking in. The possibilities are endless.

-Pr-
Not sure if read OP...

Digi
Forever? Or for a set time?

I'd pick my favorite character. Probably Spider-Man. Imagine the gigantic fervor around his return if he were gone for, say, five years. It would be a glorious explosion of creative output. I'd never give that gift to a chump I didn't like.

If it were forever, probably Hulk. They've lost most, or all, of what the character originally stood for, and now he's just a rage-filled wish fulfillment machine for kids going through puberty. In his place Marvel could construct a neon sign pointing toward the newest WWE hothead.

golem370
Either or Digi a Character that it seems hard to argue against whether its because of their powers or defense or maybe even because the way the character is written.

golem370
This thread made for ban in KMC but in comic books also would be good.

Digi
Originally posted by golem370
Either or Digi a Character that it seems hard to argue against whether its because of their powers or defense or maybe even because the way the character is written.

Argue against? Is that directed at my comments? I don't care about vs. forum shenanigans. I just think Hulk's a crap character.

Digi
This thread made for ban in KMC but in comic books also would be good.

Ah, ok. Well then you're talking about the fans, not the characters, per se. I don't join in vs. debates enough to have an opinion anymore, though.

golem370
When I said argue against I mean like Flash and the speed stealing ability it seems like an automatic win which seems not to use in a vs forum.

golem370
What comic book character would people ban whether in KMC or in Comic Books is the idea sorry for the confusion.

CortSether
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not sure if read OP...

I did. Just read it incorrectly because my glasses aren't on :/

captain america
pixie
daken
reed richards

Lord Feron
Daken or Romulos... they were just so pointless...

h1a8
I would say Hulk. He's old school (where science got shit on in the worst way) and not up to today's standards for realistic.
He can't fly, isn't very fast, etc. He isn't suppose to lift and throw things beyond his weight because the coefficient of friction is insufficiently small. He can be easily bfred into space by the beings he typically fights if you think about it.

IMO he is not herald level by the mere fact that he can be bfred to space at any time.

JakeTheBank
From the forums for debating: Flash.

From comics: No one, really.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

From comics: No one, really.

Or Juggs.

There are characters that are useless though and can be done away with (probably no one extremely popular).

golem370
Hulk Killer Humanoid- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hulkkill.htm
was banned on here right?

bluewaterrider
Superman.

If for no other reason than that it would be fascinating to see what a comicbook forum based on DC and Marvel creations would look like without him, to say little of who might become the "standard bearer" in his stead.

Mindset
Wolverine.

Digi
Hulk Killer Humanoid- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hulkkill.htm
was banned on here right?

I think it's an unspoken thing. He's on such a different level that there's never any reason to pit him against others.

thumb up

LeonBuco666
Squirrel girl laughing out loud

curryman
Like someone already mentioned, I would probably want them to ban the Hulk. He's so far removed from original concept and its reached the point where even a competent writer such as Mark Waid can't add much depth.

Sad to say it but even Rulk's been made more interesting after Loeb lost him no expression

From KMC: Just about any character over Skyfather.

It just turns into a hierarchy discussion and there's no reason why those can't be contained to the lovely cosmology thread smile

Zack Fair
Wolverine and hulk.

dmills
Just about every legacy character ever. Especially Sam Alexander.

TheGodKiller
Doctor Light.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wolverine and hulk. the hate is strong in you

yaadaveyaa
i just so happen to hate franklin richards he could go and id never feel a thing

golem370
Has Hulk changed power level from original as much as Superman I mean when he first came out he couldn't even fly now he can hit atleast lightspeed.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

From comics: No one, really. This.

Magnon
Hope Summers (redundant)
Captain America (skyfather who is only peak human)
Hulk (what Digi said)
Dr. Doom (too much into magic now and as such no longer functions well as the arch nemesis of Mr. Fantastic)
Wolverine (from a skilled fighter to an overused super-regenerator getting his heart pierced in every second issue)

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
I think it's an unspoken thing. He's on such a different level that there's never any reason to pit him against others.

thumb up

For real?

First I've heard of him. Can't be worse than some of the pre crisis/silver age OP's, like Omega and Mangog.

pym-ftw
Logan from both
Batman from the board
> Skyfather from board
Gladiator from board
Captain Universe, the Gardeners, & Starbrand from both

Jynocidus
Mxy

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Silent Master
Wolverine

jimbojankins
Superman

StyleTime
Like...any spin-off character ever. She-Hulk, Red-Hulk, Bat-whatever, Super-whatever, Wolverine-clone whatever, Spider-whatever, Wonder-whatever etc.

And/or, every "main hero or team" out there, and let the protege/kidteamintrainingwhatever take over.

curryman
No, wait.

Amadeus Cho.

zopzop
From Comics :
Captain America
Reed Richards
Batman
Wolverine

From the Forum :
Thor
Superman

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
For real?

First I've heard of him. Can't be worse than some of the pre crisis/silver age OP's, like Omega and Mangog.

It was a KMC in-joke, years ago. It must have originated in '03 or '04. Anyway, HKH was like our own personal Squirrel Girl. You might still find some gems with the search function if you're patient.

golem370
HKH- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=Hulk+killer+humanoid+forumid%3A77&showposts=0

Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
It was a KMC in-joke, years ago. It must have originated in '03 or '04. Anyway, HKH was like our own personal Squirrel Girl. You might still find some gems with the search function if you're patient. Was it Betageuze who loved HKH? I think his threads always had an OP which stated how awesome HKH was and how he could beat everybody. Good times. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Badabing
Was it Betageuze who loved HKH? I think his threads always had an OP which stated how awesome HKH was and how he could beat everybody. Good times. thumb up
That just shows how old you are, old man.

uhuh

Uriel005
most of the commonly used reality warp protagonists. They are Deus Ex's and everyone knows its a way to fill in plotholes with lazy writing. As much as I may have liked some of Franklin's storylines/ Jim Jaspers/ David Haller. We all know that their powers could pretty much be used in a given instant to solve just about any storyline. I mean for crying out loud kid Franklin turned two attacks and started to convert the celestials who sent them into flowers. Jakeem Thunder happens to have the power of a 5d imp with the mind of a barely functioning autistic kid. You mean to tell me that even remotely rationally speaking as far as comic logic goes that this seems to be a little problematic.

Cogito
From the Forums:
PIS and/or CIS-less Flash, and any other no-limits fallacy character.
Bonus: omnipotent vs. omnipotent threads and their like

From Comics:
Doomsday. He was great in DOS and H/P, but it should have ended there. His character has been butchered since, IMO, and is a shadow of his former glory.

-Pr-
From comics: Jean Grey.

From the boards: Nobody in particular, though if I could ban most high heralds, I would.

iscaremonkeys
WHY BATMAN?

I would ban
Captain america.
Pre-crisis supes (others can stay)
Alan scott
And last but not least Guy Garder

Newjak
Was it Betageuze who loved HKH? I think his threads always had an OP which stated how awesome HKH was and how he could beat everybody. Good times. thumb up I remember that

He also absolutely hated Juggernaut.

We had a lot of in forum joke characters running around like JP and Kirblactus

golem370
Why Batman because he is a sour puss and have feats beyond his physcial abilities.

iscaremonkeys
that is what makes him awesome

golem370
He needs a chill pill.

iscaremonkeys
http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/int_jli_punch.jpg

golem370
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/int_jli_punch.jpg

My point lol plus him hurting DS with a kick.

Raisen
Super Abhi

iscaremonkeys
My point lol plus him hurting DS with a kick. oh come on! NOBODY LIKES GUY GARDER!!!

golem370
Batman is worse but then again I am not a fan of very many dc characters.

iscaremonkeys
Batman is worse but then again I am not a fan of very many dc characters. neither am i. I just love booster gold arrow Captain marvel and Batman. F#$% knightwing. Im adding him to the list as well
Get rid of all knightwings except for Greyson

golem370
I like Superman Traitor because of his look and thats about it.

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
I remember that

He also absolutely hated Juggernaut.

We had a lot of in forum joke characters running around like JP and Kirblactus That guy was awesome. I may PM him to start posting again. thumb upOriginally posted by abhilegend
That just shows how old you are, old man.

uhuh Don't make me go prehistoric on you...or I could just unleash full potential Pr in your direction. mmm

sneerOriginally posted by Raisen
Super Abhi Shut up.durpalmOriginally posted by iscaremonkeys
oh come on! NOBODY LIKES GUY GARDER!!! What is this crap!? You better rethink that post!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/head_zpsa6c7fd8e.gif

Mindset
Was it Betageuze who loved HKH? I think his threads always had an OP which stated how awesome HKH was and how he could beat everybody. Good times. thumb up I thought it was golem.

golem is a psychopath.

abhilegend
Don't make me go prehistoric on you...or I could just unleash full potential Pr in your direction. mmm

sneer Bah, you would fall on your face trying to hit me with your puny hands.
durfist

Also nobody fears a drunk, Irish hooligan.

pr

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Superman.

golem370
I don't know enough about HKH to be a fanatic of him.

Stoic
All PC characters from forum debates.

From comics? The Penguin, and many other useless Batman rogues.

golem370
Beyonder to powerful

iscaremonkeys

What is this crap!? You better rethink that post!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/head_zpsa6c7fd8e.gif you like guy garder.....ewwwwwwww he sucks. To cocky and arrogant. I laughed so hard when batman knocked him out. I never laughed harder at a comic until galactus ***** slaped rulk

Originally posted by Stoic
All PC characters from forum debates.

From comics? The Penguin, and many other useless Batman rogues. penguin is cool in his own way. batamn's gallery is awesome

quanchi112
you like guy garder.....ewwwwwwww he sucks. To cocky and arrogant. I laughed so hard when batman knocked him out. I never laughed harder at a comic until galactus ***** slaped rulk I don't see Guy as being cool in any regard either.

ODG
you like guy garder.....ewwwwwwww he sucks. To cocky and arrogant. I laughed so hard when batman knocked him out. I never laughed harder at a comic until galactus ***** slaped rulk http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/GuyGardner02.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.