Adam Orth to give speech at GDC Next about "toxic online behavior".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
http://www.gamespot.com//news/always-online-tweeter-orth-giving-speech-at-gdc-next-6410467?

Looks like this guy has learned NOTHING from his twitter comments.

Cyner
This is going to be quite the spectacle, I hope it's recorded.

Nibedicus
He's prolly one of the "consultants" who suggested to MS that it was a good idea to implement said restrictions. Then when ppl strongly disagreed, he got mad, blabbled about the rather controversial and confidential feature in twitter making MS lose TONS of goodwill from its consumers as well as a ton of ground in the console war. Literally, he's the soldier who blabbed top secret information he was not just privy to but a part of to the enemy w/c managed to give the enemy enough info to utterly annihilate their first offensive operation during a critical point of the war. Which was already doomed from the start due to his extremely erroneous inputs on it but he turned a possible setback into an absolute slaughter (had Sony not known of their direction, a lot of things could have happened differently). Yeah, if I was MS, I'd fire.. ahem... "voluntarily resign" him, too.

He's still convinced that his ideas were good, tho and I feel like he puts blame sorely on the shoulders of the "toxic gaming community. W/c shows that we have quite the narcissist here.

S_D_J
guys an *sshole, still M$ fired the guy, but completely went on with the exact same smug aptitude.

bunch of hypocrites, they listen to feedback, while telling people: "suck it or get a 360"

Smasandian
His speak is about online mobs....

And all three of you are saying the same thing.....

The gaming community is toxic. Gamers say they want change but go nuts if the change is not exactly what they want. If you say video game, people freak the **** out. The thread about gaming and feminism is the perfect example. Somebody complains about the gaming industry and you have people online calling her a ***** and ****. These same people would never say that to her face.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Smasandian
These same people would never say that to her face.

I didn't call her any of that, yet I would most certainly do so to her face.

dadudemon
Originally posted by VG_Addict
http://www.gamespot.com//news/always-online-tweeter-orth-giving-speech-at-gdc-next-6410467?

Looks like this guy has learned NOTHING from his twitter comments.

Honestly, this smacks of butthurt. He is very very butthurt.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I didn't call her any of that, yet I would most certainly do so to her face.

Ditto, but I would do it only for the lulz.

S_D_J

The gaming community is toxic. Gamers say they want change but go nuts if the change is not exactly what they want. If you say video game, people freak the **** out. The thread about gaming and feminism is the perfect example. Somebody complains about the gaming industry and you have people online calling her a ***** and ****. These same people would never say that to her face.

The guy told people to move because they have sh*tty internet, even if that whats a joke or jab, it sounded insulting

Sarcasm doesn't work properly on the internet.

Tzeentch._

The gaming community is toxic. Gamers say they want change but go nuts if the change is not exactly what they want. If you say video game, people freak the **** out. The thread about gaming and feminism is the perfect example. Somebody complains about the gaming industry and you have people online calling her a ***** and ****. These same people would never say that to her face. You aren't describing "the video game community". You're describing "the internet". The video game community is just one aspect of the internet community, and there is nothing you'll find in the VG community that doesn't exist in harsher numbers anywhere else online, like youtube (srsly, youtube comments are vile).

It's a known fact that the sheer power of anonymity brings out the worst in human beings.

NemeBro
Youtube is one of the worst communities I have ever been a part of, yeah.

Tzeentch._
Be apart of these nuts.

NemeBro
You should either separate "a" from "part", or you can exchange "of" for "from". Only then would that sentence make sense.

Tzeentch._
Make sense out of these nuts.

NemeBro
Put those nuts on these nuts.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
Put those nuts on these nuts.

http://i.qkme.me/35wks2.jpg

Phanteros
Let's get to bashing buts aswell as deez nutz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.