Half Life 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North

Bardock42
Launch game for the SteamBox? Yes? Please? Fingers crossed!!!

ArtificialGlory
At times like this, I'm glad I am not a HL fan.

FistOfThe North
Why's that?

Smasandian
Because it's been years since the last game.

Again, still rumours. One issue I see is that people have been waiting for years for this game and how will it live up to expectations.

But I always thought they would release a new HL on a new engine. Considering how Valve employees work on projects, there is probably a few people working on it but it doesn't mean we will see it any time soon.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Why's that?

Because Valve is basically torturing HL fans.

FistOfThe North
Oh. Yeah, it has been a while. But i'm numb to games being in developmental hell. My anticipation has developed a tolerance now.

BackFire
In an interview, under the guise of talking about Ricochet 2, Gabe Newel more or less confirmed that they've been working on Half Life 3 for some time, in some form. Though it wouldn't shock me if it were a launch title coming out for steam box.

Smasandian
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Oh. Yeah, it has been a while. But i'm numb to games being in developmental hell. My anticipation has developed a tolerance now.

Half Life 3 is not in development hell. Valve just hasn't worked on it fully. Prey 2 is in development hell.

Because of how they structure they're company. , individual employees work on anything they want so I assume they have been working on it but without the full development team behind it.

They released Portal 2 a couple years ago and they are still creating content for DOTA2 and TF2. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce HL3 in fall and release spring next year. Remember, it's not a huge development team and they don't utilize outside resources as much as other teams do. It's not like Ubisoft where 3-4 teams work on one title.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.