Anti-Monitor comes to Marvelverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Adam Warlock is gazing into the Infinity Orb and witnesses COIE in the DC Universe. After conquering tbe DCverse he sets his sights on the Marvelverse. Warlock summons the Infinity Watch to formulate a strategy. Gamora mentions seeing a team called "The Annihilators" in one of her time visions. Long story short the two teams join forces to take on the the Anti-Monitor. Who wins?

Cogito
Does the Infinity Watch have the gems/can they form the original IG?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
Does the Infinity Watch have the gems/can they form the original IG? They have the gems, but the Living Tribunal's edict that the gems cannot be united is in effect.

Odekahn
AM stomps

TheGodKiller
He gets routed and repelled from the Marvelverse.

Digi
In a comic, they'd find a way. Realistically, though, even with the gems, nobody wielded them THAT well, and AM should destroy them.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
In a comic, they'd find a way. Realistically, though, even with the gems, nobody wielded them THAT well, and AM should destroy them.

Branlor Swift
Is this AM at his normal power, or amped AM?

Judging from the OP, it looks like amped AM... lol

Cogito
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is this AM at his normal power, or amped AM?

Judging from the OP, it looks like amped AM... lol

In theory if this AM is meant to have consumed all the positive matter universes in DC before moving to Marvel, he should be slightly more powerful than his peak in COIE

zopzop
Anti-Monitor comes to Marvelverse..............

and the LT BFR's him into a pocket universe and seals it off from all other realities allowing no one to enter or exit. The End.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Anti-Monitor comes to Marvelverse..............

and the LT BFR's him into a pocket universe and seals it off from all other realities allowing no one to enter or exit. The End.

If not

Originally posted by Odekahn
AM stomps

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
If not
Reed with the UN says "Hello".

SquallX

It's not like he survived something just as powerful, if not more powerful than the UN?

Cogito

Reed with the UN aren't in this thread?

HueyFreeman
Not sure about the team but we all know Reed "wmd" Richards would come up with some anti anti monitor device.

zopzop
Originally posted by SquallX
It's not like he survived something just as powerful, if not more powerful than the UN?
Reed remade the multiverse with it. AM is screwed.Originally posted by Cogito
Reed with the UN aren't in this thread?
Warlock will summon him to help. wink

Cogito
Did I really type "Reed...aren't"? Sheesh.

Also, no.

quanchi112
Warlock wins.

SquallX
Reed remade the multiverse with it. AM is screwed.
Warlock will summon him to help. wink

And the AM survived Creation Blast?

JakeTheBank
mmm

Doom.

quanchi112
And the AM survived Creation Blast? Who did the creation blast kill ?

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Who did the creation blast kill ?

You're an idiot.

The Creation Blast, when it hit, destroyed the Pre-Crisis Era, and from that, the Post Crisis era was created.

Anti-Monitor took that blast head on.

quanchi112
You're an idiot.

The Creation Blast, when it hit, destroyed the Pre-Crisis Era, and from that, the Post Crisis era was created.

Anti-Monitor took that blast head on. It killed no one. It was not meant to. The Spectre was not destroyed either. The Spectre purposely held back on Anti Monitor as the heroes dates were tied to his.

SquallX
It killed no one. It was not meant to. The Spectre was not destroyed either. The Spectre purposely held back on Anti Monitor as the heroes dates were tied to his.

Am gonna go shoot myself now, that's how i feel after debating with you.

quanchi112
Am gonna go shoot myself now, that's how i feel after debating with you. Its a fair question. You know it.

Golgo13
Am gonna go shoot myself now, that's how i feel after debating with you.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
laughing out loud Another victim.

pym-ftw
Pym stops it

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Pym stops it

With his robots?

pym-ftw
By bfr it from Eternity

Golgo13
By bfr it from Eternity

When has he done this?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Obviously they will find some way to beat him like all these big comic events go.

quanchi112
When has he done this? Am loses.

Golgo13

So, just this team? Gotta go with what Digi said.

quanchi112
So, just this team? Gotta go with what Digi said. Why ?

pym-ftw
When has he done this?
Mighty Avenger, sorry I was watching Raw

He did it first to Creel and second to Ultron and 10,000 Jocasta's

Golgo13
Mighty Avenger, sorry I was watching Raw

He did it first to Creel and second to Ultron and 10,000 Jocasta's

Would bfr even work with AM at his peak?

quanchi112
Would bfr even work with AM at his peak? Why wouldn't it ?

pym-ftw
Would bfr even work with AM at his peak?
Don't know why not, at the very least it would drag AM to the Abstracts...

And they can fight it out, outside of the Marvel verse

Golgo13
Don't know why not, at the very least it would drag AM to the Abstracts...

And they can fight it out, outside of the Marvel verse

If he can teleport, I don't see BFR as a means to win. I thought it was only Adam Warlock and his gang, but if you include all the cosmics, then of course Marvel would win.

pym-ftw
Ohh I read Marvel verse...

Looked at Op...

Unless Warlock can trap AM in Soul world, I'm not sure the team can do much but slow it down...

SquallX

Looked at Op...

Unless Warlock can trap AM in Soul world, I'm not sure the team can do much but slow it down...

Doesn't the AM need a soul for the Soul Gem to work on him? Does Am even have a Soul?

Brockalizer
Two of the best gem users and strategists in Marvel along with a team of cosmic badasses? The AM is buggered.

quanchi112
Doesn't the AM need a soul for the Soul Gem to work on him? Does Am even have a Soul? If you don't think he has a soul then prove it.

xJLxKing
If you don't think he has a soul then prove it.
Wouldn't the burden of proof be on you?

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Wouldn't the burden of proof be on you? He claimed he didn't have a soul so the burden is on him.

SquallX
He claimed he didn't have a soul so the burden is on him.

No, that befalls on you to proves he has a soul.

Plus i never stated he didn't have a Soul.

quanchi112

Plus i never stated he didn't have a Soul. No, that's your claim. Not my claim to do so. I don't have to disprove your claim.

xJLxKing

Plus i never stated he didn't have a Soul.
I'm not going to get into who said what. Just asking, if you claim Soul Gem works on AM. Wouldn't you have to prove why it should?

quanchi112
I'm not going to get into who said what. Just asking, if you claim Soul Gem works on AM. Wouldn't you have to prove why it should? No. Soul gem has power souls. If you believe that Am does not have a soul then that side has to prove it.

pym-ftw
Wouldn't the burden of proof be on you?
Having a soul is generally assumed...why would it not be...

quanchi112
Having a soul is generally assumed...why would it not be... If there logic was defended imagine debates. Mental attacks and their counter; prove he has a mind.

Golgo13

Looked at Op...

yes

abhilegend
People like silver surfer have escaped soul world. Means it traps Anti-monitor completely.

dur

Diesldude
Also if AM destroys/absorbs a universe, doesn't he get it's powers? IF he gets trapped or sealed away in a universe, he can always destroy it to get out.

Spectre was backed the presence and could have defeated that AM. LT would have to step in to do the same.

pym-ftw
Ok, but between the Time, Space, & reality gems he can be kept stagnant.

Unless you feel he could overcome this, somehow

Golgo13
Originally posted by Diesldude
Also if AM destroys/absorbs a universe, doesn't he get it's powers? IF he gets trapped or sealed away in a universe, he can always destroy it to get out.

Spectre was backed the presence and could have defeated that AM. LT would have to step in to do the same.

Yeah, Marvel is going to need a high abstract to defeat AM.

Igniz
Yeah, Marvel is going to need a high abstract to defeat AM.

Reed Richards roll eyes (sarcastic)

Golgo13
Originally posted by Igniz
Reed Richards roll eyes (sarcastic)

Read the op.

abhilegend
Ok, but between the Time, Space, & reality gems he can be kept stagnant.

Unless you feel he could overcome this, somehow
Of course he can. You are talking about one of the greatest threats in all of comics.

Igniz
Read the op.

I know.Its just when you said High Abstract, I was thinking Reed's mind is high abstract stick out tongue

pym-ftw
Originally posted by abhilegend
Of course he can. You are talking about one of the greatest threats in all of comics.
How could he escape?

Diesldude
How could he escape?

Didn't AM kill the flash from another universe? Beyond time and space?

abhilegend
How could he escape?
Really? Who was the most powerful being that was trapped by these gems individually?

pym-ftw
Really? Who was the most powerful being that was trapped by these gems individually?
The time Gem can slow him down

The space gem can close space behind AM and open it infront of him

The reality gem can shunt him back to the start if need be...

quanchi112
Really? Who was the most powerful being that was trapped by these gems individually? What does power have to do with anything ?

Golgo13

What foes has the gems done this too?

quanchi112
What foes has the gems done this too? Not how debating works. If you feel the tactics which have been proven to work fail you need to prove it.

Diesldude

AM's anti matter blasts destroyed universes. How much space is the space gem going to add? Definitely not enough before it gets destroyed.

pym-ftw
AM's anti matter blasts destroyed universes. How much space is the space gem going to add? Definitely not enough before it gets destroyed.
"Virtually Limitless" is the way writers describe the Gems...

Golgo13
AM can traverse realities, right? And has virtually limitless power at peak.

-Pr-

Pretty much.

quanchi112
AM can traverse realities, right? And has virtually limitless power at peak. Since when did Am wield limitless power.

Golgo13
Originally posted by -Pr-
Pretty much.

Digi hit it out of the park. cool

Branlor Swift
What foes has the gems done this too? Originally posted by quanchi112
Not how debating works. If you feel the tactics which have been proven to work fail you need to prove it.

... what

quanchi112
... what Gems win, basically.

Branlor Swift
Gems win, basically. Yeah, nothing is more threatening than Gamora with a time gem.

Bentley
I don't get it, who has been punked by the gems Quan?

abhilegend

So, nothing but speculation.Originally posted by pym-ftw
"Virtually Limitless" is the way writers describe the Gems...
Writers have described hulk and superman's strength as virtually limitless too. Doesn't mean shit in forums though. Feats matter.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't get it, who has been punked by the gems Quan? Am in this thread. We're you purposefully not paying attention ?

quanchi112
So, nothing but speculation.
Writers have described hulk and superman's strength as virtually limitless too. Doesn't mean shit in forums though. Feats matter. Feats prove they win. No one is making a case on basically limitless.

Branlor Swift
Feats prove they win. No one is making a case on basically limitless. What feats Quan? What feats prove they beat AM?

quanchi112
What feats Quan? What feats prove they beat AM? The gems basically working and doing their function. I mean if a punch from Supergirl or a beatdown from the Flash can do the trick why not these gems.

Bentley
So now Quan doesn't even try to provide feats?

This is truly disappointed, any shimmer of respect I had left for him as a debater is gone sad

quanchi112

This is truly disappointed, any shimmer of respect I had left for him as a debater is gone sad Do I need to post feats from the Ig detailing the abilities of the gems ? Read Thanos quest or the Ig. The gems will work on Am. Basically, what I am hearing is prove the gems work on Am.

laughing out loud

Golgo13

This is truly disappointed, any shimmer of respect I had left for him as a debater is gone sad

sad

quanchi112
sad Not my burden.

Branlor Swift
The gems basically working and doing their function. I mean if a punch from Supergirl or a beatdown from the Flash can do the trick why not these gems. Well, neither didn't do the trick, and both were against a weaker AM.

The gems basically working and doing their function though? Gamora has the ****ing time gem in a purse. Pip has the space gem between his toes. Drax is a moron.

The only capable people are Warlock and Moondragon, and they get evaporated in the first 3 seconds.

Feats Quan. Show them.

This is truly disappointed, any shimmer of respect I had left for him as a debater is gone sad Quan can't debate anymore. He needs to regain his tenacity. It's just a hollowed out Quan probe who only retained his fondness of Delph and the phrase "based on?"

Not sure the guy even knows any feats from comics anymore. Too much Pokemon games.

abhilegend
Feats from infinity gauntlet when all the other gems are boosted by power gem=/=individual gems' feats.

quanchi112
Well, neither didn't do the trick, and both were against a weaker AM.

The gems basically working and doing their function though? Gamora has the ****ing time gem in a purse. Pip has the space gem between his toes. Drax is a moron.

The only capable people are Warlock and Moondragon, and they get evaporated in the first 3 seconds.

Feats Quan. Show them.

Quan can't debate anymore. He needs to regain his tenacity. It's just a hollowed out Quan probe who only retained his fondness of Delph and the phrase "based on?"

Not sure the guy even knows any feats from comics anymore. Too much Pokemon games. What does power have to do with resisting a soul attack or a time stop. Nothing. Drax is a moron but Warlock is not.

Am isn't killing anyone in three seconds.

Warlock soul steal. We all know he can do so. I don't need to provide the scan as it can't be contested.

You naively thinking power level has to do with negating a soul steal is hilarious. Warlock soul steals. Am got his ass kicked and eventually leeched off the powers of the heroes due to being drained. Am at full power was spared due to the heroes fate being tied to his own.

quanchi112
Feats from infinity gauntlet when all the other gems are boosted by power gem=/=individual gems' feats. That was one example. We clearly see Warlock soul steal with just the soul gem. smile

If you're going to respond come out and face me.

Bentley
So Soul Stealing just became your infinite fallacy go to strategy with the gems? That has been around the forum since 2005 ermm

Branlor Swift
What does power have to do with resisting a soul attack or a time stop. Nothing. Drax is a moron but Warlock is not.

Am isn't killing anyone in three seconds.

Warlock soul steal. We all know he can do so. I don't need to provide the scan as it can't be contested.

You naively thinking power level has to do with negating a soul steal is hilarious. Warlock soul steals. Am got his ass kicked and eventually leeched off the powers of the heroes due to being drained. Am at full power was spared due to the heroes fate being tied to his own. Considering AM traveled to the Dawn of Time itself, and Gamora doesn't even have the faintest idea of how to to use the gem?
****ing that.

How about we play it by proof though. Since the Soul Gem can just rip out any soul regardless of power level, show me the Soul Gem capable of doing this against someone immeasurably above Warlock. Then after you're done doing this, show me the scan stating AM has a soul to take.

Although you're basically saying that Warlock can just steal say Mandrakk's soul with little to no resistance. No no no, Mandrakk won't do... Thanos. Not just Thanos though, let's go with Thanos with the Cosmic Cube for fun. Warlock would crush Void as well in a second.
I'm pretty sure Pre Retcon Beyonder has a soul too.

Warlock beats anyone with a soul ever in any comic. No proof is needed. The Soul Gem steals souls!

Odekahn
Anti matter wave would just make the gem not exist.

abhilegend
Warlock has said he could rip Thanos' soul with the soul gem two times IIRC. Remember that Thanosi Warrior.

shifty

Also Galactus no sold soul gem.

pym-ftw
Galactus doesn't have a soul

It was said I chaos war iirc

pym-ftw
So, nothing but speculation.
Writers have described hulk and superman's strength as virtually limitless too. Doesn't mean shit in forums though. Feats matter.
Yes, as in the thing this whole board is built on...

Way to try and lowball the Infinity Gems by taking my response out of context.

thumb up on the superman reference in another thread

Golgo13
eh, I don't see the SG working on a AM. thumb up

Bentley
Galactus doesn't have a soul

It was said I chaos war iirc

Scans?

Branlor Swift
Anyway, here's Warlock absorbing a small portion of Star-Thief's power because he's distracted.

And Star Thief stopped it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thiefsoul.jpg

Which proves that not only can raw power stop a soul rip, but that even when the raw powered being is distracted, he can only take a small piece. Which is clearly not enough to win.

And Star-Thief is nowhere near Anti-Monitor's level. Nor can Quan even prove he has a soul to begin with. But if he could... in a complete fictional Quan world where he can prove anything... he could only take a tiny portion which would be ultimately irrelevant in a battle.

Warlock gets one shotted at the start of the battle.

Quan has negative points

Golgo13
Anyway, here's Warlock absorbing a small portion of Star-Thief's power because he's distracted.

And Star Thief stopped it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thiefsoul.jpg

Which proves that not only can raw power stop a soul rip, but that even when the raw powered being is distracted, he can only take a small piece. Which is clearly not enough to win.

And Star-Thief is nowhere near Anti-Monitor's level. Nor can Quan even prove he has a soul to begin with. But if he could... in a complete fictional Quan world where he can prove anything... he could only take a tiny portion which would be ultimately irrelevant in a battle.

Warlock gets one shotted at the start of the battle.

Quan has negative points

thumb up You are a God among gods.

Bentley
This is why bringing proof is important kids, that way you can state objective truths instead of opinion.

Opinion: Quan was debating.

Truth: Quan just got PWND.

That's what he gets from spending so much time cheating on Delph with Screampaste.

Branlor Swift
Scans?

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/thanos0222rd4.jpg

"Beyond the Gem's power"

Chaos War says he doesn't have a heart:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/ChaosWar2024.jpg

Bentley
Thanks man.

pym-ftw
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/thanos0222rd4.jpg

"Beyond the Gem's power"

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/ChaosWar2024.jpg
Thanks, I was wrong

But I remember it being brought up somewhere, ill keep looking

abhilegend
Yes, as in the thing this whole board is built on...

Way to try and lowball the Infinity Gems by taking my response out of context.

thumb up on the superman reference in another thread
This board is build upon speculation?

Not lowballing. Just asking the feats.

Ignore hulk while you're at it. Better hulk and superman than pym though.

ermm

Igniz

"Beyond the Gem's power"

eek!

Some people believe that if you're heartless, you don't have a soul big grin

As for this thread.Warlock and company may need help.They should call Big G with UN the way Supergod Herc summoned him.

pym-ftw
This board is build upon speculation?

Not lowballing. Just asking the feats.

Ignore hulk while you're at it. Better hulk and superman than pym though.

ermm
Without proof, all answers are speculation
Educated or otherwise...

Your asking for a feat that can't exist...unless you feel there is someone with infinite Tp, Power, Speed...Ect

I've been debating Warlock just taking the gems and bfr his team and the A-wave

Pym has already exceeded infinite...nice try

abhilegend
Without proof, all answers are speculation
Educated or otherwise...

Your asking for a feat that can't exist...unless you feel there is someone with infinite Tp, Power, Speed...Ect

I've been debating Warlock just taking the gems and bfr his team and the A-wave

Pym has already exceeded infinite...nice try
People give feats to their answers. You haven't given a single one and just applying "no limit fallacy" to gems since some writers used a fancy term describing them.

I'm asking about any feat of them trapping a multiversal being. Not too much I hope.

OP specified the gems can't work in union in this thread.

Loki did all that. Pym was once again cockblocked.

cool

pym-ftw
People give feats to their answers. You haven't given a single one and just applying "no limit fallacy" to gems since some writers used a fancy term describing them.

I'm asking about any feat of them trapping a multiversal being. Not too much I hope.

OP specified the gems can't work in union in this thread.

Loki did all that. Pym was once again cockblocked.

cool
They are abstract artifacts, they aren't used often...

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on space characters could link you some scans

The Op said they can't make the IG... That's not what I said

Loki was literally disproved in the very next panel, did you even read it...way off topic but ok

abhilegend
They are abstract artifacts, they aren't used often...

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on space characters could link you some scans

The Op said they can't make the IG... That's not what I said

Loki was literally disproved in the very next panel, did you even read it...way off topic but ok
You will be surprised how often they were used.

I know about them by myself.

So you didn't read the OP, figures.

Nah, bro. Loki was trolling pym all along.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Brockalizer
They have the gems, but the Living Tribunal's edict that the gems cannot be united is in effect.
This ruling?

pym-ftw
You will be surprised how often they were used.

I know about them by myself.

So you didn't read the OP, figures.
Looked it up, 96 appearances total

So you know the Infinity Gems contain aspects of reality beyond even Eternity

I'm pretty sure he's talking about forming the IG.

abhilegend
Looked it up, 96 appearances total

So you know the Infinity Gems contain aspects of reality beyond even Eternity

I'm pretty sure he's talking about forming the IG.
You're learning.

I know. Not everyone can use them efficiently though.

The feats of a gem in when used by IG can't be used here for a single gem since power gem boosts them in union.

TheGodKiller
I'm asking about any feat of them trapping a multiversal being.
None that I know of. Unless you want to count the context-loaded showing against the Ultimate Nullifier in Infinity War.

Brockalizer
What feats Quan? What feats prove they beat AM? Don't think it counts as a feat but, when Thor took Drax's power gem Thanos himself said that there is no limit to the power he could muster. No limit sounds powerful enough to beat AM IMO.

quanchi112
Considering AM traveled to the Dawn of Time itself, and Gamora doesn't even have the faintest idea of how to to use the gem?
****ing that.

How about we play it by proof though. Since the Soul Gem can just rip out any soul regardless of power level, show me the Soul Gem capable of doing this against someone immeasurably above Warlock. Then after you're done doing this, show me the scan stating AM has a soul to take.

Although you're basically saying that Warlock can just steal say Mandrakk's soul with little to no resistance. No no no, Mandrakk won't do... Thanos. Not just Thanos though, let's go with Thanos with the Cosmic Cube for fun. Warlock would crush Void as well in a second.
I'm pretty sure Pre Retcon Beyonder has a soul too.

Warlock beats anyone with a soul ever in any comic. No proof is needed. The Soul Gem steals souls! It all depends whether or not someone can resist the tactic.

Burden is on you to prove he has no soul.

I am just arguing against Am here. Quit trying to go off topic. I see the soul gem stealing someone's soul here who needed the heroes power and whose ass was handed to him by Supergirl before he amped his physical shell further iirc.

If you believe Am can resist said tactic prove it.

quanchi112
So Soul Stealing just became your infinite fallacy go to strategy with the gems? That has been around the forum since 2005 ermm No, not infinite fallacy just beating Am. laughing out loud

quanchi112
This is why bringing proof is important kids, that way you can state objective truths instead of opinion.

Opinion: Quan was debating.

Truth: Quan just got PWND.

That's what he gets from spending so much time cheating on Delph with Screampaste. He did no such thing. He did not post any proof substantiating Am has no soul or can resist.

Brockalizer
Well, neither didn't do the trick, and both were against a weaker AM.

Moondragon is more capable than Thanos, are you smoking crack? The OP may have said the gems can't be united, but it said nothing about using the gems to amp each other. Personally, if I was in Warlock' position I'd keep the soul gem and take the mind and space gems for myself. Then have Drax and Gamora give their gems to Thanos. Once that's been done the children can go home while the grown ups deal with the AM.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
None that I know of. Unless you want to count the context-loaded showing against the Ultimate Nullifier in Infinity War.
As I know it. Thanks.

Bentley
He did no such thing. He did not post any proof substantiating Am has no soul or can resist.

Did you read what he posted?

Warlock failing to soul steal someone who had a soul because the entity was powerful enough to take it. This means that the soul sucking abilities of the Gem have an upper level and thus, AM can potentially take them without any particular resistance.

That pretty much debunks your idea that Warlock will just soul suck just because, now you really have to prove he can do it against someone on AM's level. That's how the debate works.

Get on it please wink

quanchi112
Did you read what he posted?

Warlock failing to soul steal someone who had a soul because the entity was powerful enough to take it. This means that the soul sucking abilities of the Gem have an upper level and thus, AM can potentially take them without any particular resistance.

That pretty much debunks your idea that Warlock will just soul suck just because, now you really have to prove he can do it against someone on AM's level. That's how the debate works.

Get on it please wink I never said he could do so to anyone and that this is without limit. I said he can take Am's soul. If someone believes he can resist then post proof.

Power level does not resist a certain attack. Take Superman for instance he can't resist mental attacks simply because he is powerful its just that he can do so for other reasons.

Am is someone who despite the exaggeration can be physically taken on. I for one see the soul attack working. If you just disagree then it's your right to do so but without proof it's a baseless claim which is illogical.

Bentley
I never said he could do so to anyone and that this is without limit. I said he can take Am's soul. If someone believes he can resist then post proof.

Power level does not resist a certain attack. Take Superman for instance he can't resist mental attacks simply because he is powerful its just that he can do so for other reasons.

The problem is that the example is more akin to Galactus, a certain kind of powerset has a much higher resistance to miscelaneous attacks. Or are you implying that Galactus's powerlevel doesn't give him an intrinsic resistance against mental attacks?

I think this point is rather clear *shrughs*

Am is someone who despite the exaggeration can be physically taken on. I for one see the soul attack working. If you just disagree then it's your right to do so but without proof it's a baseless claim which is illogical.

Baseless claims aren't illogical, just thought I would point that out.

Is your claim any less baseless than mine though? It sounds as if yours was almost contradicted by evidence, and as if you tried to shy away from it by claiming its not proof.

quanchi112
The problem is that the example is more akin to Galactus, a certain kind of powerset has a much higher resistance to miscelaneous attacks. Or are you implying that Galactus's powerlevel doesn't give him an intrinsic resistance against mental attacks?

I think this point is rather clear *shrughs*

Baseless claims aren't illogical, just thought I would point that out.

Is your claim any less baseless than mine though? It sounds as if yours was almost contradicted by evidence, and as if you tried to shy away from it by claiming its not proof. Galactus happens to be really powerful.

Galactus station and his mental defense does not have to do with his overall power level. Galactus can resist said tactic but that isn't proof Am can do so.

My claim is the soul gem does what it's designed to do. If you feel it cannot do so then the burden is on you.

abhilegend
Anti-monitor isn't powerful?

Hahahahaha.

Bentley
The soul suck has failed before "what its designed to do" its just not enough. Wolverine is designed to kill, but he ain't taking on Thanos.

So really, seems like you want to play the semantics game to look good but that you're in no shape and form in a less arbitrary ground that I am.

quanchi112
Anti-monitor isn't powerful?

Hahahahaha. When did I say Am is not powerful ? You are losing it.

quanchi112
The soul suck has failed before "what its designed to do" its just not enough. Wolverine is designed to kill, but he ain't taking on Thanos.

So really, seems like you want to play the semantics game to look good but that you're in no shape and form in a less arbitrary ground that I am. Wolverine doesn't have power or mastery over souls or killing.

My claim is the soul gem does what it does. If you want to prove it fails prove it.

Diesldude
Quan, man you are reaching. Bran gave you an example of warlock failing to soul suck a being who was way less than an insect to AM.

Since AM is a part of the over monitor, outside of the presence's creation, chances are that it doesn't have a soul.

quanchi112
Quan, man you are reaching. Bran gave you an example of warlock failing to soul suck a being who was way less than an insect to AM.

Since AM is a part of the over monitor, outside of the presence's creation, chances are that it doesn't have a soul. Power level has nothing to do with it. That was also an inexperienced Warlock.

laughing out loud

Then prove it.

Brockalizer
Power level has nothing to do with it. That was also an inexperienced Warlock.

laughing out loud

Then prove it. Hate to say it but I'm gonna have to disagree. Not just with that statement, but the soul gem tactic in general. As far as I know the most powerful beings Warlock have trapped in Soul World are Magus and Goddess. Neither are even remotely as powerful as AM. Here is a shot, sorry I don't have a scanner, of someone exponentially less powerful that AM resisting the SG. I would also add that this Warlock is significantly more proficient with the gem when this happened. For my money Thanos with the Reality Gem would be much more effective than Warlock with the Soul Gem against on opponent like the Anti-Monitor.

Brockalizer
Hate to say it but I'm gonna have to disagree. Not just with that statement, but the soul gem tactic in general. As far as I know the most powerful beings Warlock have trapped in Soul World are Magus and Goddess. Neither are even remotely as powerful as AM. Here is a shot, sorry I don't have a scanner, of someone exponentially less powerful that AM resisting the SG. I would also add that this Warlock is significantly more proficient with the gem when this happened. For my money Thanos with the Reality Gem would be much more effective than Warlock with the Soul Gem against on opponent like the Anti-Monitor. Oops forgot the pic, my bad.

Bentley
Wolverine doesn't have power or mastery over souls or killing.

Nor does Warlock, since he failed to soul suck opponents before. Both have a tool to achieve their goal, none of them is assured to succeed.

My claim is the soul gem does what it does. If you want to prove it fails prove it.

Your claim is that Warlock is able to do something using the Soul gem, something he has failed to do on weaker opponents than the Antimonitor, an strategy that has failed. Are we to think this move is so formidable when it has failed? I don't see why take your word for it. Find an statement that at least backs up your wild speculation, at least we can leave it as a disagreement then.

quanchi112
Hate to say it but I'm gonna have to disagree. Not just with that statement, but the soul gem tactic in general. As far as I know the most powerful beings Warlock have trapped in Soul World are Magus and Goddess. Neither are even remotely as powerful as AM. Here is a shot, sorry I don't have a scanner, of someone exponentially less powerful that AM resisting the SG. I would also add that this Warlock is significantly more proficient with the gem when this happened. For my money Thanos with the Reality Gem would be much more effective than Warlock with the Soul Gem against on opponent like the Anti-Monitor. You would first need to prove power in general determines what sort of tactic would work and what would not.

quanchi112
Nor does Warlock, since he failed to soul suck opponents before. Both have a tool to achieve their goal, none of them is assured to succeed.

Your claim is that Warlock is able to do something using the Soul gem, something he has failed to do on weaker opponents than the Antimonitor, an strategy that has failed. Are we to think this move is so formidable when it has failed? I don't see why take your word for it. Find an statement that at least backs up your wild speculation, at least we can leave it as a disagreement then. If you believe the soul suck won't work then prove it.

you'd have to prove power level is the determining factor here. You don't have to but again your burden.

KuRuPT Thanosi
We know what it took to take down the AM in a DC comic... with this team and the gems... I think i would be quite enough.

Brockalizer
You would first need to prove power in general determines what sort of tactic would work and what would not. I am unaware of the Soul Gem ever working like that against an abstract level character.

SquallX
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
We know what it took to take down the AM in a DC comic... with this team and the gems... I think i would be quite enough.

You would be wrong.

It took getting hit point blank by the Creation Blast, the blast destroyed the Infinite Pre-Crisis Era and created the the Finite Post Crisis Era. Even then AM was still alive and well, and ready for round 2.

Mr Master
Galactus doesn't actually have a "soul" ...
is this not the reason the Gem is in-affective regarding G's particular case?

Mr Master
This is the greatest single Gem feat I've ever seen.

It's Rune using the Time Gem. He froze the entire "Time-Stream."

The "Time-Stream" is the Dimension from where All of Time can be observed.
So Rune froze "Time" across all TimelineS! (with a thought)

LT stated that the reason he was untouched by the Time Gem's affect
was cause he "Transcends the realm of Space & Time, All the opposing RealitieS"

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16108290_TG3.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16108291_TG4.jpg

The only other existence untouched was Warlock.
Who as we all know is beyond the influence of Space-Time.

---------------------------------------------

Yet, at times arguments still persist that suggests classic IG was universal. lol!

That's One Gem folks, stopping Everything!

quanchi112
I am unaware of the Soul Gem ever working like that against an abstract level character. Am is not an abstract level character IMO.

Bentley
If you believe the soul suck won't work then prove it.

you'd have to prove power level is the determining factor here. You don't have to but again your burden.

It failed against an opponent that was more powerful than Warlock, that by itself leads to think its related to powerlevel -that and the fact that, in general, that kind of plot powers don't just work the same way on higher ups-.

You seem to be going several lengths to dismiss the feat, you won't aknowledge it at all because you know its important and it makes your semantics moot. Discuss the feat, give it a place in the debate, I'll wait for you here.

quanchi112
It failed against an opponent that was more powerful than Warlock, that by itself leads to think its related to powerlevel -that and the fact that, in general, that kind of plot powers don't just work the same way on higher ups-.

You seem to be going several lengths to dismiss the feat, you won't aknowledge it at all because you know its important and it makes your semantics moot. Discuss the feat, give it a place in the debate, I'll wait for you here. What occurrence are you referring to ? Galactus ?

Lets discuss the specifics by all means. In no way, shape, or form do I ever run from a debate.

Mr Master
Hey Bent, if you're referring to Galactus it wasn't about "power."
Galactus doesn't have a conventional "soul." (or one at all I think)
Which is strange cause even Eternity has a "spirit."

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr Master
Galactus doesn't have a conventional "soul." thumb up

Exactly.

Brockalizer
You would be wrong.

It took getting hit point blank by the Creation Blast, the blast destroyed the Infinite Pre-Crisis Era and created the the Finite Post Crisis Era. Even then AM was still alive and well, and ready for round 2. So? Galactus survived the death and creation of a universe as well, and thos team would make Galactus their *****.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Exactly a creation blast isn't a DESTROYING blast. Those are worlds apart. One is designed to destroy... one is designed to create. Not even close to the same.. We've seen Reed at the center of a creation blast.. sis neg... Galactus... etc etc They didn't tank a destroying blast.. they were present to help in a CREATION blast.

Bentley
What occurrence are you referring to ? Galactus ?

Lets discuss the specifics by all means. In no way, shape, or form do I ever run from a debate.

The Star Thief example.

Originally posted by Mr Master
Galactus doesn't have a conventional "soul." (or one at all I think)
Which is strange cause even Eternity has a "spirit."

If I might add: is there any source for this other than the Thanos mini? Because the mini seems to imply Warlock does see a sort of Soul in Galactus which he cannot affect because its like Eternitys.

SquallX
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Exactly a creation blast isn't a DESTROYING blast. Those are worlds apart. One is designed to destroy... one is designed to create. Not even close to the same.. We've seen Reed at the center of a creation blast.. sis neg... Galactus... etc etc They didn't tank a destroying blast.. they were present to help in a CREATION blast.

Are you dense?

To create something new in an occupied space, you either builds on the old foundation, or destroy the old foundation.

That's what Creation Blast was, it completely destroyed everything in the Pre-Crisis Era, and rebuild and created the Finite Post Crisis Era.

AM at his peak took that blast head on, and was asking for more.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>