Morlun vs Abomination, Wolverine & the Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ash_J_Williams
What happens?

zopzop
Morlun wins.

golem370
Abomination holds him while Thing pummel him and Wolverine stabs him.

zopzop
Originally posted by golem370
Abomination holds him while Thing pummel him and stab him.
Morlun tore apart an adamantium net and shrugged off, with NO effect, VIBRANIUM TIPPED NUKES. If those couldn't penetrate his skin..........

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by zopzop
Morlun tore apart an adamantium net and shrugged off, with NO effect, VIBRANIUM TIPPED NUKES. If those couldn't penetrate his skin..........

... then Wolverine's sharp-edged adamantium claws will.

Vibranium in Marvel Comics is one of those unusual metals that enables cutting of adamantium.

That does NOT, however, mean that vibranium is more durable, or even AS durable, as adamantium itself.

pym-ftw
Blonsky Solos, this thread is insane

zopzop
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
... then Wolverine's sharp-edged adamantium claws will.

Vibranium in Marvel Comics is one of those unusual metals that enables cutting of adamantium.

That does NOT, however, mean that vibranium is more durable, or even AS durable, as adamantium itself.
VIBRANIUM TIPPED NUKES. NUKES. Do you understand that part?

bluewaterrider
VIBRANIUM TIPPED NUKES. NUKES. Do you understand that part?

Hulk has taken nukes before, correct?

Still gets cut by Wolverine's claws.

Refer to World War Hulk storylines where he fights Wolverine if you don't believe me.

Morlun would get cut by Wolverine's claws, too.

Tony Stark
TEAM shits down Morlun's throat. Ridiculous thread

zopzop
Hulk has taken nukes before, correct?

Still gets cut by Wolverine's claws.

Refer to World War Hulk storylines where he fights Wolverine if you don't believe me.

Morlun would get cut by Wolverine's claws, too.
How will Wolverine pierce his skin when VIBRANIUM tipped NUKES failed to do so (never mind the fact that he survived that holocaust unfazed)? In fact, Wakanda, the most technologically advanced nation on Marvel Earth, unloaded their entire arsenal on Morlun and it didn't faze him in the least. Let that sink in.

He was strong enough to tear an Adamantium net apart. What's Thing or Abomination done that's on that level?

Oliver North
comic nukes are the same as comic bullets...

Ash_J_Williams
I don't see how this is insane spite against Morlun. A low herald vs 3 metas imo.
Morlun seems like a very lethal combination of speed, strength and insane durability. He's also the only one here with slightly exotic abilities at his disposal.

bluewaterrider

How will Wolverine pierce skin when VIBRANIUM tipped NUKES failed to do so?

I'm beginning to think you're merely in love with this phrase.

"Vibranium-tipped nukes", "full-metal jacket ammo", "V6 engine" ...

I get it; it sounds impressive, but the reality is that explosions in comics, missiles in comics, even nukes in comics, often LACK the effectiveness of simpler but more focused direct-force attacks.

If your reasoning were correct, Hulk, having endured a variety of nukes throughout his days on Earth, should be immune to Wolverine's claws.

Is he? Or was even his powerful "World War" incarnation, who wrecked team after team and endured explosion after explosion, even to Torch's one million degree nova flame, made to bleed when Logan himself went against Hulk?

Even to go that far is unnecessary.

Whatever Wakanda's failings, Morlun has, in fact, been defeated in the comics.

Twice.

By Spider-Man.

The first time was essentially by radiation poisoning.
Spider-Man exposed himself to a dose that would be lethal to ordinary people, but within the limits for himself.

When Spider-Man then confronted Morlun, every radioactivity-tainted punch weakened Morlun, to the point where Morlun was soon begging for his life.

If he had that kind of reaction to Spider-Man, what's he going to do when the far stronger, and far more radioactive Abomination starts whaling on him?

Which is assuming Morlun even gets to Blonsky.

Perhaps you are not aware of the 2nd instance of Morlun's defeat?

Peter, near death's door, but driven by Mary Jane's life about to be taken by Morlun, impales Morlun with wrist blades (special transformation unique to this storyline; it's complicated), then uses his teeth to rip open Morlun's throat .

So we have the case of a guy harmed by hyper-irradiated people,
who can be cut by sharp objects,
and killed by a serious-enough throat-slashing,
and begs for his life on being pounded by an irradiated guy with Spider-man level strength,

going against a team whose members have all gone toe-to-toe with the HULK, one of them actually STRONGER than the Hulk in several of Hulk's base-level forms (Abomination).

How do you think this is going again?

zopzop
I'm beginning to think you're merely in love with this phrase.

"Vibranium-tipped nukes", "full-metal jacket ammo", "V6 engine" ...

I get it; it sounds impressive, but the reality is that explosions in comics, missiles in comics, even nukes in comics, often LACK the effectiveness of simpler but more focused direct-force attacks.

If your reasoning were correct, Hulk, having endured a variety of nukes throughout his days on Earth, should be immune to Wolverine's claws.

Is he? Or was even his powerful "World War" incarnation, who wrecked team after team and endured explosion after explosion, even to Torch's one million degree nova flame, made to bleed when Logan himself went against Hulk?

Even to go that far is unnecessary.

Whatever Wakanda's failings, Morlun has, in fact, been defeated in the comics.

Twice.

By Spider-Man.

The first time was essentially by radiation poisoning.
Spider-Man exposed himself to a dose that would be lethal to ordinary people, but within the limits for himself.

When Spider-Man then confronted Morlun, every radioactivity-tainted punch weakened Morlun, to the point where Morlun was soon begging for his life.

If he had that kind of reaction to Spider-Man, what's he going to do when the far stronger, and far more radioactive Abomination starts whaling on him?

Which is assuming Morlun even gets to Blonsky.

Perhaps you are not aware of the 2nd instance of Morlun's defeat?

Peter, near death's door, but driven by Mary Jane's life about to be taken by Morlun, impales Morlun with wrist blades (special transformation unique to this storyline; it's complicated), then uses his teeth to rip open Morlun's throat .

So we have the case of a guy harmed by hyper-irradiated people,
who can be cut by sharp objects,
and killed by a serious-enough throat-slashing,
and begs for his life on being pounded by an irradiated guy with Spider-man level strength,

going against a team whose members have all gone toe-to-toe with the HULK, one of them actually STRONGER than the Hulk in several of Hulk's base-level forms (Abomination).

How do you think this is going again?
Originally posted by Yamcha
I mean..Morlun did waltz through Wakanda like it was nothing >.>
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps84c0179b.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps9dc8378f.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps6b688de1.jpg

Then tore through an adamantium net while he was at it o.o http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps3e5b4b36.jpg

Nothing they did really slowed him down O_O
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps4a65325b.jpg
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps51a63c77.jpg

Show me anything Team did that can compare to that.

Strength wise : he ripped through an Adamantium net
Durability wise : he survived the entire arsenal (that included Vibranium nukes) of the most technically advanced nation on Marvel Earth

Your turn.

bluewaterrider

Your turn.

Spider Man, The Other, Hospital Showdown (Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man #3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b81oNxptVY

(Note: This encounter is why Morlun needed to be resurrected to war against Wakanda; he died here.)

bluewaterrider
Note: In the clip linked above, fast-forward to roughly 4:45 to see the germane scenes playing out.

5 minute mark to the roughly 6 and half minute mark is the part relevant to this thread.

Oliver North
Spider Man, The Other, Hospital Showdown (Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man #3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b81oNxptVY

(Note: This encounter is why Morlun needed to be resurrected to war against Wakanda; he died here.)

so?

this is current Morlun, not "The Other" Morlun

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Oliver North

so?

this is current Morlun, not "The Other" Morlun

If you want to play it that way, "current" Morlun is dead.

T'Challa's sister (the new Black Panther) Shuri saw to that.

bluewaterrider
As for the bombs, mortars, missiles, tanks, etcetera ...

Abomination dealt with the bulk of that from his very first appearance.

AND matched and beat the Hulk:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAbomination01TTA090.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAbomination02.jpg.html

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAbomination03.jpg.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Tales to Astonish #90

SamZED
Ok 1) If a character is dead we use the most recent incarnation.
2) Morlun is not dead, more like banished.
3) Morlun from the other is the same Morlun that tore Wakanda a new one.
4) Spider-man only managed to harm him because his stingers got magical properties and so far magic's the only thing that worked on Morlun.
And 5) Discussuion on whether Morlun or can't get cut is irrelevant. He can get cut by Wolverine's claws just like he was cut by BP's vibranium spear. The thing isit won't do squat to him. He can either heal anything or (just a guess) become immune to physical attack like when he tanked vibranium nukes without a scratch. Then there's the ability to become invisible and undetectable. Wolverine won't even know he's there unless Morlun chooses to show himself.

Where was I going with this? Oh right... Morlun wins.

Oliver North
If you want to play it that way, "current" Morlun is dead.

T'Challa's sister (the new Black Panther) Shuri saw to that.

hey, its not me who doesn't understand forum rules /shrug

BUSTER1
Team ftw

pym-ftw
What can Morlun do to Blonsky?

zopzop
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What can Morlun do to Blonsky?
Tear him apart limb from limb? Also doesn't he have some sort of life drain power? I forget.

pym-ftw
Lol he dies of cancer while Blonsky laughs at him

Parmaniac
Current Abom isn't Blonsky afaik and neither is Abom a totem so no lifedrain.

bluewaterrider
A-Bomb "Fastball Special" for the win.

Mindset
Which results in Wolverine being the first to get murdered.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I concur that Logan is the first to go, probably screaming shrilly in terror.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Mindset
Which results in Wolverine being the first to get murdered.

Not likely; Morlun was hurt even by the stingers Pete sported in "The Other".

Set of claws that are even longer and more durable, ramming into Morlun point first with all the assisting force Thing or Abomination can muster?

I don't see Morlun withstanding that.
I'd be impressed if anyone in this thread genuinely did.

Mindset
Stingers that were basically made to kill Morlun.

Wolverine gets his claws shoved up his maple hole.

Endless Mike

I can actually show you Ben breaking adamantium. Legit.

Bentley
Wolverine solos, and rather easily at that.

SamZED
Not sure if serious...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by SamZED
Not sure if serious...

Me or Bentley?

SamZED
Bentley.

But since you asked you too.

zopzop
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Go for it.

And it better not be an alternate universe showing, Ben amped off something, the adamantium being weakened somehow, etc...

Oliver North
actually, ya, I'd love to see Ben ripping adamantium...

carver9
Never happened.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Endless Mike

confused

Adamantium-bending, even 20 years ago, was generally regarded as something for people in the tier above Benjamin at Marvel.

(Namely Hulk and Thor.)

Is it possible you confused the following as a Ben Grimm Thing showing?

bluewaterrider
(It's actually Ben's friend Sharon Marvel being depicted as Thing in my post attachment above, if memory serves.)

bluewaterrider
Ahk.

D--- 20 post cutoff.

Correction the following, shown on the previous page, depicts Sharon Marvel (if memory serves).

bluewaterrider
Got to admit, to glean only from random online samplings, it's tempting to say that Ben Grimm knows some scarily powerful ladies ...

ermm

carver9
The base wasn't made out of Adamantium. I use to think this until One Dumb and Galan proved me wrong.

zopzop
Got to admit, to glean only from random online samplings, it's tempting to say that Ben Grimm knows some scarily powerful ladies ...

ermm
Not really. Alicia used a Vibranium knife to carve that statue.

Regarding the Sharon Marvel scan, I need to know the context behind it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.