Isaac (Golden Sun) V.S. Megaman (Megaman and Bass)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheRusmeister

No limit on time.
Personally, my money is on Isaac, but I want to see what the community thinks.

I think Isaac is a suitable character for the upcoming Smash Bros 4, So I decided to pit him up against an upcoming titan to be featured in said game.

EDIT: Issac will be at endgame power from Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Megaman will have his endgame of Megaman and Bass.

Image is Isaac's appearance as an assist in Brawl. Just for those unfamiliar.

ScreamPaste
Isaac is pretty metal, but I can't remember feats for him that compare to holding up Wily's fortress or fighting Quick Man. mmm It's been a long time though.

TheRusmeister
/watch?v=65IDTQp0JJc

Skip to 7:50

Isaac is capable of using any of posted summons in that video, And given to Sol Blade, Not to mention he can literally use summons to Pummel his foes directly into the sun.

/watch?v=S1y-HSMH6n4

Issac is also capable of jumping (presumably into space,) To slap down a meteor, or giant hunk of floating rock down upon his foes.

You'll have to manually apply your ".com's" as I am in need of a reputation boost 'round hur.

TheRusmeister
Continuing furthermore, It is cannonical that Issac is the bearer (Unknowingly) of the power of the Golden Sun, at the end of GS:TLA. (Along with Alex.)

The epilogue of The Lost Age shows that when Alex stood in the beam of pure Alchemy shot down into Mt. Aleph by the sphere of energy formed by the merging of the energy beams of the four Lighthouse Beacons (the Golden Sun), he did gain bolstered power and life, but not the full mastery of reality Alchemy should have provided him. It is revealed that this was a precaution the Wise One took a long time back in Sol Sanctum: Recognizing the circumstances in the present and future when he awoke, he imbued Isaac's Mars Star with an effect that would cause the Mars Beacon's power, and thus the Mars portion of the Golden Sun, to enter Isaac's body at Mars Lighthouse rather than Alex's at Mt. Aleph. Isaac is now the unwitting bearer of the portion of the power of the Golden Sun that Alex now lacks.

The Golden sun represents the balance of Alchemy, and the existence of all things in the GS universe. Isaac is now a holder of a fragment of that power, and an Earth Adept. He is literally capable of making earthquakes that could shake continents. (Without so much as breaking a sweat.)

CosmicComet
How would Isaac do against Link in a straight sword fight?

I played a little of the first Golden Sun, but never finished it sadly.

TheRusmeister
I believe that Isaac has better raw Magic abilities, which would carry him more than his swordmanship. Sol Blade is also no match for the Master Sword, I don't think. Link would win, I think. If it was just swords.

Slightly off topic. Megaman V Isaac dammit.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by TheRusmeister
/watch?v=65IDTQp0JJc

Skip to 7:50

Isaac is capable of using any of posted summons in that video, And given to Sol Blade, Not to mention he can literally use summons to Pummel his foes directly into the sun.

/watch?v=S1y-HSMH6n4

Issac is also capable of jumping (presumably into space,) To slap down a meteor, or giant hunk of floating rock down upon his foes.

You'll have to manually apply your ".com's" as I am in need of a reputation boost 'round hur.
We've discussed these summons and the like before. stick out tongue

This is where my GS lore being foggy becomes a nuisance. I'm not sure how much of that's accurate. Is it noted how powerful he actually becomes, how much he actually has, does he at any point actually use the power? Etc.

It's said, for example, that the Triforce is Omnipotent in Zelda, but by feats it's not quite that. How powerful it actually may be is unknown.

I can't remember much about how powerful the GS is. mmm

TheRusmeister
Well, When the Goldensun became unbalanced, The world literally started melting, by about 2000, square miles a day, give or take.
Upon the relighting of the Elemental Lighthouses, Housing the power of the four respective areas of Alchemy, The wise one imbues Isaac with a fragment of the power of the Golden Sun, Which is likely comparable with the power from a piece of the Triforce.

Lets not forget Isaac is also a God Slayer, Cannonically, He slays Poseidon, Dullahan, and many other mythological characters.

Regardless of what you say, It is still in the game. There is video proof that the Summon Iris literally launches your opponents to the sun.

ScreamPaste
Show me.

Wei Phoenix
Well, When the Goldensun became unbalanced, The world literally started melting, by about 2000, square miles a day, give or take.
Upon the relighting of the Elemental Lighthouses, Housing the power of the four respective areas of Alchemy, The wise one imbues Isaac with a fragment of the power of the Golden Sun, Which is likely comparable with the power from a piece of the Triforce.

Lets not forget Isaac is also a God Slayer, Cannonically, He slays Poseidon, Dullahan, and many other mythological characters.

Regardless of what you say, It is still in the game. There is video proof that the Summon Iris literally launches your opponents to the sun.

He slays featless "gods" in his game. Most of the bosses he fights have no feats.

TheRusmeister
''By imbuing the Mars Star with a certain magical property, the Mars Beacon generated by the Mars Star at Mars Lighthouse ended up imbuing its essence of power into Isaac's body at the lighthouse rather than Alex's body here at the peak of Mt. Aleph. The Wise One and an unwitting Isaac have thus robbed Alex of his dream for complete mastery of the building blocks of reality. '' - Wiki

The owner of the power of the Golden Sun quite literally controls reality.

Show you?

/watch?v=65IDTQp0JJc

Watch it again fewl. 8:25 in.

Wei Phoenix
I think you're reading too hard into that. Isaac isn't a reality warper or manipulator at all.

TheRusmeister
Only an Earth Manipulator. As he never truly got all of the power from said event.
Like I stated earlier, It's comparable to a piece of the Triforce.

CosmicComet
Golden Sun LoZ cross-over game nao

TheRusmeister
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Golden Sun LoZ cross-over game nao

Ermigersh Smersh Brews 4 Plzz.
Moisture overwhelming.

ScreamPaste
Only an Earth Manipulator. As he never truly got all of the power from said event.
Like I stated earlier, It's comparable to a piece of the Triforce. Does the portion Isaac himself possesses have any showings that place it in that range, or is that a guess? =P

The summon animations are nice, but they're still incongruent and follow the same general trend of that kind of animation in any turn based jrpg.

TheRusmeister
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Does the portion Isaac himself possesses have any showings that place it in that range, or is that a guess? =P

The summon animations are nice, but they're still incongruent and follow the same general trend of that kind of animation in any turn based jrpg.

It is implied and statet throughout the games that those with even a fragment of the total power of alchemy could rule the world. Upon finding the Elemental Stars, Kraden himself states "With even one of these, you could rule the world!" Then he begins chit chatting about his studies.

And yes, It is an action preformed in a battle sequence. Just because it is turn based, does not mean it is not an action committed by the characters.
It's visible the very same way as Link deflecting lightning bolts.
They're both actions visible in game. Isaac is a GBA exclusive character. Don't expect any flashy videos.

ScreamPaste
It is implied and statet throughout the games that those with even a fragment of the total power of alchemy could rule the world. Upon finding the Elemental Stars, Kraden himself states "With even one of these, you could rule the world!" Then he begins chit chatting about his studies.

And yes, It is an action preformed in a battle sequence. Just because it is turn based, does not mean it is not an action committed by the characters.
It's visible the very same way as Link deflecting lightning bolts.
They're both actions visible in game. Isaac is a GBA exclusive character. Don't expect any flashy videos.
Ruling the world and creating massive earthquakes are totally different things. Do we know how destructive this actually is?

Also, the issue is not strictly that it's turn based, though those games suffer most greatly from this, it's that the flashy videos in question are there strictly to be flashy videos and are 100% incongruous to the rest of the game.

"Hm, I need to fight this guy. I'm gonna summon this big angry thing so that it can attack him indirectly by blowing up a piece of the landscape nearby, and the shockwave is going to hurt him, but not me, because reasons. At no point in any game will the destruction these summons can cause be referenced, also we have infinite populated forests to destroy to look cool on hand."

Characters who cannot cross seas without boats are not travelling to the sun at FTL speeds. Isaac cannot fly, therefore he cannot jump into space, enter the asteroid belt, smash a rock directly at Earth which would be so far away as to be impossible to aim at, and then return to Earth to fight the zombie he sent the meteor to kill.

You see where this is going, yes?

Wei Phoenix
What he's saying is that the animations of the summons are just flashy flare. IF they are to be taken seriously as a display of their power and what actually happens then the adepts are assholes without morals. Final Judgment alone razes a good chunk of the planet, and it's hard to believe that they would use such power at the cost of innocent lives just to kill a monster and themselves be unharmed.

CosmicComet
Zell from FF8 is relativistic if you take his run around the word to punch you limit break seriously.

Still needs to be on a train in RL to get to vast distances.

AuraAngel
But Zell likes trains.

Chad Nossmen
I voted for yours please vote for mine

CosmicComet
Ok, where do I go?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.