Reed Richards vs Classic Dr Strange, Classic Thor, & Classic Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright Reed 5 days of prep, the team has a month now Reed can't bfr the team or call on a Galactus level being not even a skyfather level being. Can he win

zopzop
Ridiculous spite against Team.

Give Richards 1 hour to make it more fair. Keep in mind this is the guy that ran to his closet and picked up a gun powerful enough to kill a Celestial. No planning, no nothing.

golem370
Yeah I originally went with 1 day vs 1 month, but I thought Dr Strange was very powerful back in the day as was Thor also can't Strange invoke somebody like Zom to help?

operator616
doesn't have to call on galactus, he has built a galactus robot:

http://i.imgur.com/ubvG1nv.jpg

well actually it is an anti-galactus suit but still.

sadly, it doesn't have much appearances, but it practically oneshotted another invincible robot who beat the shit out of virtually every superhero on earth simultaneously.

that's not his most impressive creation though, in an alternate reality he has a device capable of conquering the omniverse (in an exiles issue)

i guess the only way to make this fair is to add living tribunal, oh wait....reed did own living tribunal already (though it was in a non canon comic)

Oliver North
I'm really not convinced Reed with 5 days of prep > Strange with a month

golem370
Well I still think this would be a tough fight they Strange and Thor I would assume could make a hell of a prep device also adding the cyttorak gem would had more problems..

zopzop
Originally posted by Oliver North
I'm really not convinced Reed with 5 days of prep > Strange with a month
Odin with 1000 years of prep couldn't kill ONE Celestial. Reed ran to his closet and came back with a gun capable of slagging one.

Reed wins.

Oliver North
Originally posted by zopzop
Odin with 1000 years of prep couldn't kill ONE Celestial. Reed ran to his closet and came back with a gun capable of slagging one.

Reed wins.

I was actually unaware of that...

so Reed + any access to tech is basically an insta-win?

zopzop

so Reed + any access to tech is basically an insta-win?
Basically, yes. So giving him five days to come up with something to defeat a team of heralds is spite against the heralds.

JakeTheBank
Considering Reed is often at a disadvantage when it comes to mysticism, this is the furthest thing from spite against Classic Strange and the team.

Tornatic

so Reed + any access to tech is basically an insta-win? Not in all cases but most of the time you give Mr. Fantastic some prep time he can come up with something that'll be successful

Oliver North
Fair enough

I knew Reed had a lot of tech at his disposal, I didn't realize he had Celestial busting stuff just lying around...

To be honest, I wouldn't say Strange can't win in that scenario, just that it really isn't likely enough to put up an argument

ODG
I'm really not convinced Reed with 5 days of prep > Strange with a month I'm hard-pressed to think of any anti-magic measures Reed's come up with. Ever. And I've read a lot.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ODG
I'm hard-pressed to think of any anti-magic measures Reed's come up with. Ever. And I've read a lot.

thumb up

I mean, the guy regularly has issues with Doom's magic, which at the very least, is comparable to Strange's. And I think Pym is more accustomed dealing with magic than Richards is, tbh.

Oliver North
Originally posted by ODG
I'm hard-pressed to think of any anti-magic measures Reed's come up with. Ever. And I've read a lot.

That is where I was coming from, but if Reed just normally has Celestial killing equipment lying around, I don't think it is outside of the realm of possibilities he can come up with something to neutralize Strange.

It wouldn't even have to be particularly "anti-magic", just "anti-person"

operator616
the best thing classic strange could come up with is tap into the power of lord chaos and master order which he did to beat inbetweener in dr strange v2 issue 28, reed built a cannon which took out inbetweener, master order, lord chaos, gardener, stranger, collector, shaper of worlds, and living tribunal himself in last planet standing issue 3.

pym-ftw
Thor & Strange get a month of prep?

Team beats Reed "B1tch" Richards

zopzop
That is where I was coming from, but if Reed just normally has Celestial killing equipment lying around, I don't think it is outside of the realm of possibilities he can come up with something to neutralize Strange.

It wouldn't even have to be particularly "anti-magic", just "anti-person"
I mean I find it amazing. Reed can literally just run to his closet and whip out a weapon capable of slagging a Celestial, yet people believe he can't come up with something to annihilate this team with 5 days prep. laughing

ODG

It wouldn't even have to be particularly "anti-magic", just "anti-person" Not outside the realm of possibility at all.

But it works the other way. Dr. Strange doesn't necessarily need to work up something anti-science either.

golem370
Well if this is Sue Storm destroying Exitar's body then they knew what would kill a Celestial which in it self sounds crazy.

operator616
there is context to that.

her invisible force energy originates from hyperspace, the same hyperspace which is celestial's home:

http://i.imgur.com/48a0I2o.jpg

and she merely removed him out of this plane of existence. Uatu also says that the celestials will manifest another exitar:

http://i.imgur.com/wCS47Hn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4Xm6EVC.jpg

so basically she exploited their weakness.

though in fantastic four annual issue 26 kubik says that the celestial's home is outside the multiverse in the realm of the beyonders:

http://i.imgur.com/eOnpcsG.jpg

Magnon
Classic Dr. Strange with 1 month prep absolutely stomps Reed. With lesser prep, Dr. Strange has defeated Mistress Death and nearly stalemated Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet. Add to this the fact that Reed really has very little knowledge of magic and this is a very very easy victory for the team.

Stoic
How about Reed takes all of that time to prep, and Strange just freezes time on him? Team wins.

golem370
Reed could make a time freezing machine I would assume.

beatboks
Originally posted by zopzop

Reed wins.

SO!!!! Classic Strange with only a day or so's prep Saved Eternity from Dormammu and his sister ( who had absorbed his power). He's also challenged Eternity a few times. Plus he was the one Eternity came to when some pieces of him were missing and he was about to be brought us-sunder.With even less prep broke the bonds of Living Tribunal. He's taken on a d bested Adam Warlock with the IG.

LT >>>>>>>Eternity >>> Celestials.

Was there a point here somewhere???

operator616
^you mean in defenders v3 issue 5 (which was in 2005 so it wasn't classic)? he gave up the power when fighting strange.....

challenged eternity? he got killed and eternity was later revealed to be alive in dr strange issue 180

that's true eternity did come to him for help, it was in defenders issue 92, but so what? reed did the exact same thing in fantastic four issue 550.

you mean in strange tales issue 157 (which was LT's first appearance and he was weaker back then)? LT could have killed him with a thought, it was stated on panel.

i can provide evidence for every word i said, so let me know if you want it.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Magnon
Classic Dr. Strange with 1 month prep absolutely stomps Reed. With lesser prep, Dr. Strange has defeated Mistress Death and nearly stalemated Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet. Add to this the fact that Reed really has very little knowledge of magic and this is a very very easy victory for the team.

thumb up
Doc only needed a few minutes of prep to counter the IG which would be his best prep feat to use. With prep he also bonded the Odin Force to Thor when he repaired Mjolnir after it got cracked fighting Bor. With prep, maybe he could do something to boost Juggs. It's not out the realm of possibilities.

When Strange channels power from the Vishanti he can have an effect on Abstracts (Death) but if you add Zom/all his artifacts/black magic practices, etc. he would no doubt be a force to be reckoned with.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by beatboks
SO!!!! Classic Strange with only a day or so's prep Saved Eternity from Dormammu and his sister ( who had absorbed his power). He's also challenged Eternity a few times. Plus he was the one Eternity came to when some pieces of him were missing and he was about to be brought us-sunder.With even less prep broke the bonds of Living Tribunal. He's taken on a d bested Adam Warlock with the IG.

LT >>>>>>>Eternity >>> Celestials.

Was there a point here somewhere???
IIRC, Reed has saved Eternity from a bunch of quantum infectious bacteria, that were causing fluctuations in reality.

I agree that there is no point here, comparing high end feats of the 2, because Reed has Strange beat in that department.

operator616
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
IIRC, Reed has saved Eternity from a bunch of quantum infectious bacteria, that were causing fluctuations in reality.

it was caused by Oditopians' research which was explained in fantastic four issue 550 (as mentioned in my post). though tbh, strange did have a role in saving eternity as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.