Why Doesn't Superman Have a New Animated Series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Seriously, Batman's had like several since the Timmverse and Superman's had one (if you count the Legion of Superheroes cartoon, which I personally do since Superboy/Superman was a central character). You would think that now would be the perfect time for a brand new Superman series, perhaps one inspired by the New 52.

What would you guys like to see in a new Superman series if they ever made one? What kind of tone would you prefer it to set?

-Pr-
Young Justice style animation. Same amount of cameos. Model it after the New 52 version of the character.

Splosions. Lots of splosions.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
Young Justice style animation. Same amount of cameos. Model it after the New 52 version of the character.

Splosions. Lots of splosions.

thumb up

I actually really like the take on the Lois/Clark relationship in Man of Steel and would like to see that done more often instead of her tip-toeing around Superman's ID and the whole pining after Supes and treating Clark like a nerd. I'd start the show with Lois knowing who Superman is and feeling strongly for Clark/Kal, but Kal being stubborn and not wanting to put Lois in harm's way (maybe because she got kidnapped prior to the pilot episode) so there's some tension there.

...I put a lot of thought into what I would do for a new Superman series, actually.

-Pr-
I could see that, and I think it would be nice to go at it from that angle.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-

Splosions. Lots of splosions. Sounds epic. Would be a great success if the writers of YJ handled it.

xJLxKing
I liked the Legion Of Superheroes animated series. It was a bit corny but definitely nice. Though, to be honest, I rather not see Superman Animated series. PLEASE PLEASE, I rather they just start out similar to how JL and JL unlimited animated series was.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Sounds epic. Would be a great success if the writers of YJ handled it.

Agreed.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
I liked the Legion Of Superheroes animated series. It was a bit corny but definitely nice. Though, to be honest, I rather not see Superman Animated series. PLEASE PLEASE, I rather they just start out similar to how JL and JL unlimited animated series was.

TBH, I'd rather have a JL series, but only if it had the roster of the current team.

Mindship
I wanna see stuff like this:

XbXx_kwc-gE

'Nuff said.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Seriously, Batman's had like several since the Timmverse and Superman's had one (if you count the Legion of Superheroes cartoon, which I personally do since Superboy/Superman was a central character). You would think that now would be the perfect time for a brand new Superman series, perhaps one inspired by the New 52.

What would you guys like to see in a new Superman series if they ever made one? What kind of tone would you prefer it to set?

give them a wee bit of time.. Im sure a new Supes animated series is around the corner

SquallX
Give me a series were Superman is not bound on Earth. Make the series of him travel to other planets.

And of course lots of explosions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.