Justice League (DCaU) VS Graviton (EMH)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/20/4d6e9613c030e/detail.jpg

Manhattan is uprooted and no one knows why or how. The Justice League goes to investigate and find a really angry Graviton waiting for them.

Justice league = superman, wonder woman, hawkgirl, green lantern and flash

http://static.tvgcdn.net/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/G_L/Jq_Jz/JusticeLeague/crops/justice-league6.jpg
VS
http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/8/b0/4d50a341dd80d/detail.jpg

-Pr-
Where's Batman?

golem370
Already dead

Odekahn
Which version of Superman? Season 1 and 2 are not the same.

carver9
Doesn't matter. Graviton wins.

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
Doesn't matter. Graviton wins.

It matters.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Odekahn
Which version of Superman? Season 1 and 2 are not the same.
I figured end of series version but you can give me your opinion on both, I'm interested in how the results would vary.

pym-ftw
Graviton stomps season 1 with ease

League wins if season 2 (aka unlimited)

SevenShackles
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Who is the biggest threats and who doesn't matter much? Graviton was able to toss ironman into space and repel him keeping him there for a good amount of time so given superman needed gear to breath in space and the others beyond green lantern can't breath in space without help.
Not that's the only way for graviton to do some damage and get wins. His fight with Thor, hulk and other avengers was really impressive for him. Nick fury said they couldn't find an upper limit to his powers and as time seemed to go on he was getting better.

Wish we had another chance to see the avengers collectively crap themselves with a rematch against him with stronger additional members like captain marvel, Ms.marvel and maybe even red hulk... Then watch as graviton ripped them apart for 2 episodes.

Side note; I didn't include batman since it would boil down to 'batman solos' or 'batman is killed first'

Rage.Of.Olympus
Graviton could increase their weight and hold all the members of the Justice League down easily without much trouble. The only one who could fight him was a completely enraged Hulk and at that point he was a lot stronger then the Justice League put together. IIRC Graviton was subjecting him to the pressure of a black hole or something.

And it took all the Avengers together to finally put him down, including a lightning bolt from Thor that was ridiculous in size. It's been a long time since I've watched the first season but based on how Giant Man tossed that tanker at Graviton, even he was probably stronger then Superman.

Their only hope is Hawk Girls mace, I remember that thing being pretty powerful at times.

abhilegend
crylaugh @ hulk being stronger than all of JLA put together or Giant Man being stronger than superman. Rage is such a hulk mark, its not even funny. Just recently a much depowered Superman in Superman Beyond took a kryptonite moon from Earth to sun even after being poisoned. That shits on every strength feat from every Avengers' strength feat combined and that's a weakened superman.

Nibedicus
I remember that "feat". Didn't it happen in a web comic, tho?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
crylaugh @ hulk being stronger than all of JLA put together or Giant Man being stronger than superman. Rage is such a hulk mark, its not even funny. Just recently a much depowered Superman in Superman Beyond took a kryptonite moon from Earth to sun even after being poisoned. That shits on every strength feat from every Avengers' strength feat combined and that's a weakened superman.

Why are you referencing a Comic decades later, not to mention it taking place in a possible alternate future (I don't even know if those count for cartoon fights)?

How about you calm down, and actually read what I post instead of going into defensive mode anytime someone doesn't praise Superman? I was referring to the Justice League in that picture and assumed that was their power levels. Did I not specifically say the first season?

I do enjoy the irony of calling me a Hulk mark though. So typical.

JakeTheBank
So Superman Beyond's one feat suddenly undoes the consistent power level depiction of what we've seen from Superman from Superman: TAS all the way up to JLU? Makes sense. no expression

I really need to get that Phantom Zone projector fixed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why are you referencing a Comic decades later, not to mention it taking place in a possible alternate future (I don't even know if those count for cartoon fights)?

How about you calm down, and actually read what I post instead of going into defensive mode anytime someone doesn't praise Superman? I was referring to the Justice League in that picture and assumed that was their power levels. Did I not specifically say the first season?

I do enjoy the irony of calling me a Hulk mark though. So typical.
Its not an alternate reality. Its the "future" of JLU as shown in the JLU season four finale which also featured the end of Batman Beyond. Its as canon for JLU as Smallvile season 11 and Buffy comics to the TV shows. So nothing here for you bro. Also Lawlz @ decades later.

I read what you posted just fine. Even if we go by what was shown in the show, Superman deflected an asteroid large enough to destroy all life on earth. That's still leagues beyond what hulk did. Also giant man was stronger than superman because he threw a tanker at graviton, right? Hahahaha.

I should've said "inflating Thor's value by being a hulk mark".Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So Superman Beyond's one feat suddenly undoes the consistent power level depiction of what we've seen from Superman from Superman: TAS all the way up to JLU? Makes sense. no expression

I really need to get that Phantom Zone projector fixed.
Its still an indicator of how strong superman was. Of course Hulk did never go at that height again after the first season, so that feat doesn't count for him. Right jake?

Go back to your asgardia, jake. This is no place for you.

Nibedicus
Wasn't it in a web comic, tho?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I remember that "feat". Didn't it happen in a web comic, tho?
Its still the same albeit weaker superman.

Nibedicus
But it's a web comic right?

JakeTheBank
Its still an indicator of how strong superman was. Of course Hulk did never go at that height again after the first season, so that feat doesn't count for him. Right jake?

Go back to your asgardia, jake. This is no place for you.

It's from a future version of Superman and not at all the same thing as TAS/JL/JLU Superman, all of which took place within the same relative time frame, unlike Superman Beyond. Even if it's the "direct future", he's clearly not at all the exact same character. And even if we go by the logic "Superman Beyond is the direct "sequel" to the Superman we saw from the animated series, ergo we should be able to use Superman Beyond's feats for animated Superman", his feat is such a ridiculous outlier, it may as well be PIS considering how Superman consistently fared against Kryptonite.

Nope. The House of El needs a non-radical supporter who doesn't have a meltdown on a semi-regular occasion to lead it through these times.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's from a future version of Superman and not at all the same thing as TAS/JL/JLU Superman, all of which took place within the same relative time frame, unlike Superman Beyond. Even if it's the "direct future", he's clearly not at all the exact same character. And even if we go by the logic "Superman Beyond is the direct "sequel" to the Superman we saw from the animated series, ergo we should be able to use Superman Beyond's feats for animated Superman", his feat is such a ridiculous outlier, it may as well be PIS considering how Superman consistently fared against Kryptonite.

Nope. The House of El needs a non-radical supporter who doesn't have a meltdown on a semi-regular occasion to lead it through these times.
Its a superman that was specifically stated to be the same superman from TAS/JL/JLU in Batman Beyond which is absolutely canon to JLU and the comic is canon to the show. No amount of back-pedaling would change that. Why is a different character despite being clearly depicted as the same superman except your "Nuh-uh"?

Its not PIS since he had the eradicator suit protecting him most of the time and when he actually came in contact with kryptonite, he was in danger of dying. Its superman, he does the impossible all the time.

You're not fit to join House of El's fodder rank thorbag. Go to the small world where your small god's fans resides.Originally posted by Nibedicus
But it's a web comic right?
Its canon to the show. That's all that matter.

Nibedicus
Just bringing it up cuz of this rule, tho:

"Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum."

I think if a mod would be so kind as to rule on the admissability of the digital comic, then I think we can get this thread going in the right direction.

abhilegend
Just bringing it up cuz of this rule, tho:

"Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum."

I think if a mod would be so kind as to rule on the admissability of the digital comic, then I think we can get this thread going in the right direction.
For the comics. Its not a comic based fight. Also Batman Beyond has been in print before several times, most famously in Superman/Batman annual 4. So you lose.

stick out tongue

Nibedicus
I meant this specific comic. Superman beyond, isn't it? stick out tongue

It's not really win/lose for me, it just depends on admissability on w/c team I vote for. If digital comic is allowed, then JLA. If not, Avengers.

Just as soon as a mod comes in and rules. smile

abhilegend
I meant this specific comic. Superman beyond, isn't it? stick out tongue

It's not really win/lose for me, it just depends on admissability on w/c team I vote for. If digital comic is allowed, then JLA. If not, Avengers.

Just as soon as a mod comes in and rules. smile
It was also published as a 48 pages monthly comic book like smallville season 11. You lose again.stick out tongue

Nibedicus
It was also published as a 48 pages monthly comic book like smallville season 11. You lose again.stick out tongue

Was the issue where the "feat" was showcased released in comic form, tho?

I bring this up cuz from the wiki it looks like at least some issues of Superman Beyond were planned to be initially released as a comic but from all the reviews I'm reading, it looks like it's purely digital only.

And also:

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Was the issue where the "feat" was showcased released in comic form, tho?

I bring this up cuz from the wiki it looks like at least some issues of Superman Beyond were planned to be initially released as a comic but from all the reviews I'm reading, it looks like it's purely digital only.

And also:

stick out tongue
Yes.

Nibedicus
Yes.

Strange, it says digital comic wherever I go, source?

Stoic

I'm trying to understand why a comic is being brought into a cartoon discussion?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm trying to understand why a comic is being brought into a cartoon discussion?

Well, he says it's canon to the cartoon. Would really like a mos ruling as these thing iz confoozing.

abhilegend
Wikipedia.

stick out tongueOriginally posted by Stoic
Its canon to the cartoon.

-Pr-
You can't use the feat, as it doesn't apply to this Superman.

lol @ Hulk being stronger than the League combined though.

Nibedicus
Wikipedia.

Knew it! Lol. stick out tongue

The wiki is a bit iffy. Checked online retailers and reviews and such and they said "digital comic".

Originally posted by -Pr-
You can't use the feat, as it doesn't apply to this Superman..

And this, too.

JakeTheBank
Its a superman that was specifically stated to be the same superman from TAS/JL/JLU in Batman Beyond which is absolutely canon to JLU and the comic is canon to the show. No amount of back-pedaling would change that. Why is a different character despite being clearly depicted as the same superman except your "Nuh-uh"?

Its not PIS since he had the eradicator suit protecting him most of the time and when he actually came in contact with kryptonite, he was in danger of dying. Its superman, he does the impossible all the time.

You're not fit to join House of El's fodder rank thorbag. Go to the small world where your small god's fans resides.
Its canon to the show. That's all that matter.

Looks like I was right (again). It's clearly a different version of Superman, albeit one from the same "universe".

So he had protection most of the time? Nice omission of context, there. And yeah, considering random Kryptonite blasts from Luthor's suit hurt Superman pretty badly and slivers of the rock caused him to be sick, it's absolutely PIS if an already weakened Superman can move a MOON sized chunk of the stuff (especially considering Superman's had issues moving things far less bigger in the Timmverse). And no, Superman isn't immune to PIS, sorry to admit it. Unless there's a shit load more context you've "conveniently" left out, that feat is either PIS or easily such an extreme outlier from an alternate version of Superman it doesn't even matter. Moot point, though, as said by PR.

Lol, considering I don't warp showings, create bait threads, get mods constantly telling me to stop being a dick and wind up consistently misrepresenting myself or appearing as disingenuous on Superman's behalf, I'd say I'm the ideal of hope for the House of El.

Plus I've forgotten more about Superman than you'll ever know. cool

Like I said, you can be the inferior Kon-El to my Kal-El.

SevenShackles
Even if Superman Beyond comics would be allowed here his older self obviously is faster, stronger and seemingly has more resistance to kryptonite. That crazy super speed he showed in one of his stories where they refered to him as 'ghost' or something is well beyond anything his Younger animated self showed so I don't think his feats can be used to prop up his younger self.

Graviton was a beast so this should be a good fight.

abhilegend

Its the same superman pr. How about I prove it to you?

You didn't comment about Giant man being stronger than superman though. Figured.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Looks like I was right (again). It's clearly a different version of Superman, albeit one from the same "universe".

So he had protection most of the time? Nice omission of context, there. And yeah, considering random Kryptonite blasts from Luthor's suit hurt Superman pretty badly and slivers of the rock caused him to be sick, it's absolutely PIS if an already weakened Superman can move a MOON sized chunk of the stuff (especially considering Superman's had issues moving things far less bigger in the Timmverse). And no, Superman isn't immune to PIS, sorry to admit it. Unless there's a shit load more context you've "conveniently" left out, that feat is either PIS or easily such an extreme outlier from an alternate version of Superman it doesn't even matter. Moot point, though, as said by PR.

Lol, considering I don't warp showings, create bait threads, get mods constantly telling me to stop being a dick and wind up consistently misrepresenting myself or appearing as disingenuous on Superman's behalf, I'd say I'm the ideal of hope for the House of El.

Plus I've forgotten more about Superman than you'll ever know. cool

Like I said, you can be the inferior Kon-El to my Kal-El.
That's not a Mod ruling. Don't get too happy. Its the same superman not an alternate superman. You are literally going against what the comic and the show told us. Heck Terry went back in time to meet superman in Superman Adventures 64 and it was clearly stated that he was the same superman as the Batman Beyond future.

You didn't ask for the context.

uhuh

This is the whole scene btw.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-13.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-14.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-16.jpghttp://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-16.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-19.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-20.jpg

Superman deflected a asteroid large enough to destroy all life on earth. Superman has done those things on regular.

You can dream bro.

Don't get cocky jake. Go back to your asgardia. Then you've to print your own comics, since I've read every superman stories. I will destroy you in anything superman related knowledge.

You won't even be a kryptonian under my regime filthy thorbag.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Even if Superman Beyond comics would be allowed here his older self obviously is faster, stronger and seemingly has more resistance to kryptonite. That crazy super speed he showed in one of his stories where they refered to him as 'ghost' or something is well beyond anything his Younger animated self showed so I don't think his feats can be used to prop up his younger self.

Graviton was a beast so this should be a good fight.
It was specifically stated that he was weaker than his younger self in Batman Beyond.

That ghost thing was because he was sending those thugs to Phantom Zone from above, not because he was blitzing them.

SevenShackles
It was specifically stated that he was weaker than his younger self in Batman Beyond.

That ghost thing was because he was sending those thugs to Phantom Zone from above, not because he was blitzing them.
Forgot all about the phantom Zone aspect of that, thanks for the refresher.

-Pr-
Figured what, exactly?

It wasn't in the show, so it doesn't count. Simple as that. Barring the fact that we don't allow future feats to apply to characters anyway, it's still a completely different medium.

abhilegend
Figured what, exactly?

It wasn't in the show, so it doesn't count. Simple as that. Barring the fact that we don't allow future feats to apply to characters anyway, it's still a completely different medium.
So, even though it was referenced in the comic adaptation of Superman: TAS, JLU and Batman Beyond that the future Superman is really the Superman from S:TAS/JL/JLU, its non canon?

Because they are different characters as per marvel cosmology. This example would be ignoring Mon-el's feats from Legion and only accepting his present day feats because the feats from the future are not applicable.

I politely argue you to reconsider your position. I would post proofs soon.

-Pr-
So, even though it was referenced in the comic adaptation of Superman: TAS, JLU and Batman Beyond that the future Superman is really the Superman from S:TAS/JL/JLU, its non canon?

Because they are different characters as per marvel cosmology. This example would be ignoring Mon-el's feats from Legion and only accepting his present day feats because the feats from the future are not applicable.

I politely argue you to reconsider your position. I would post proofs soon.

I've read the comic.

Even if you wanted to argue that it's the same universe, it's still not Superman as he was in JLU (yes, I know the weaker argument), and wasn't a feat he, during those seasons, performed. If we allowed that, then we'd have to allow the feats from the JLU comic too, and that isn't going to happen.

Them being separate mediums alone disqualifies them. For the purposes of the forum, they're separate.

abhilegend
I've read the comic.

Even if you wanted to argue that it's the same universe, it's still not Superman as he was in JLU (yes, I know the weaker argument), and wasn't a feat he, during those seasons, performed. If we allowed that, then we'd have to allow the feats from the JLU comic too, and that isn't going to happen.

Them being separate mediums alone disqualifies them. For the purposes of the forum, they're separate.
I can buy that argument. That argument that it was a different superman was downright silly.

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Unlimited was seasons 3 and 4.

Season 1 and 2 of regular Justice Leagues superman were completely different. During season 1 superman was a wimp and jobbed to everything to show how powerful the threats were. Fans complained and they did Superman right in season 2.

I agree that S1 loses and S2 wins.

JakeTheBank

That's not a Mod ruling. Don't get too happy. Its the same superman not an alternate superman. You are literally going against what the comic and the show told us. Heck Terry went back in time to meet superman in Superman Adventures 64 and it was clearly stated that he was the same superman as the Batman Beyond future.

You didn't ask for the context.

uhuh

This is the whole scene btw.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-13.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-14.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-16.jpghttp://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-16.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-19.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BatmanBeyondUnlimited009-20.jpg

Superman deflected a asteroid large enough to destroy all life on earth. Superman has done those things on regular.

You can dream bro.

Don't get cocky jake. Go back to your asgardia. Then you've to print your own comics, since I've read every superman stories. I will destroy you in anything superman related knowledge.

You won't even be a kryptonian under my regime filthy thorbag.

It's not the same guy for purposes of debating. It's him from the future. This is obvious stuff. Present selves =/= future selves. No amount of spin control will make Superman Beyond be the same character as Superman from the animated series in forum terms, let alone allow you to feat share to push the obvious agenda here.

I'm at work, so I'll look into the scans in greater detail with time permitting.

You realize how asteroids work, right? An asteroid doesn't have to be anywhere near close to moon or planet sized to destroy all life on the planet upon impact. So screaming "he stopped an asteroid!" in response to the obvious absurdly outlier instance of him stopping a moon made out of the very substance that is lethal to him while already being weakened doesn't begin to make sense. If this was comic book Superman, you'd have something of a point, but it's not, and not even the same guy, so you don't.

Having a bunch of torrents at your disposal =/= being a knowledgeable and trustworthy Superman fan.

Face it, you're just like Zod: a rogue Kryptonian criminal whose zeal to support his people only backfires as you slip further and further into instability and madness. Eventually, you're going to go too far and either be Phantom Zone'd or get your neck snapped.

-Pr-
I may have to allow Jake to fight Philo for ownership of the House of El.

The House of Curry (heh) needs to be built up some.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its not an alternate reality. Its the "future" of JLU as shown in the JLU season four finale which also featured the end of Batman Beyond. Its as canon for JLU as Smallvile season 11 and Buffy comics to the TV shows. So nothing here for you bro. Also Lawlz @ decades later.

I read what you posted just fine. Even if we go by what was shown in the show, Superman deflected an asteroid large enough to destroy all life on earth. That's still leagues beyond what hulk did. Also giant man was stronger than superman because he threw a tanker at graviton, right? Hahahaha.

I should've said "inflating Thor's value by being a hulk mark"

That future was only a potential future no? Also, what's amusing? That comic was decades later.

I don't remember Superman having the strength level to throw a tanker like that in Season 1. I know he turned an asteroid around in space at some point in TAS but by Season 1 JL, he was even weaker then he was at the end of TAS where he got nerfed a bit. Not sure what's so hard to understand, the Superman in that picture was incredibly weak by most standards.

Also, if you want to get into a pissing contest, Graviton had the power of a fundamental force of the Universe, he wouldn't stop bragging about how he had the power of a black hole or whatever.

For someone who bitches about how he's persecuted, you have no problem jumping at names the moment someone disagrees with you.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Why? At the end there, he most likely was a lot stronger then the JL put together as they were in the first Season. The Avengers too probably even with Thor.

-Pr-
Why are we using the first season versions? Did I miss a post?

Rage.Of.Olympus

I don't know, it's just what I went with based on the picture. Depends on the OP I guess. If we use end of series, they became noticeably more formidable, particularly Superman. I can see that Justice League winning.

-Pr-
That was the one I was using lol

Odekahn

We aren't. I just questioned which version because s1 superman =\= s2 superman

SevenShackles
Yeah I envisioned the end of series versions in this fight. I questioned how big of a difference it would make between end of JLU league and end of JL league.

JayDaDon

Having a bunch of torrents at your disposal =/= being a knowledgeable and trustworthy Superman fan.

Face it, you're just like Zod: a rogue Kryptonian criminal whose zeal to support his people only backfires as you slip further and further into instability and madness. Eventually, you're going to go too far and either be Phantom Zone'd or get your neck snapped.

Damn son....

JakeTheBank
lol...

Phantom Zone.

shifty

-Pr-
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Yeah I envisioned the end of series versions in this fight. I questioned how big of a difference it would make between end of JLU league and end of JL league.

The difference is reasonably big, though Superman did have a few decent showings during the JL series.

JayDaDon
Abhi= http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/12/19/skip_bayless_projectile_vomit.jpg

Jake = http://www.ngngsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/stephen-a-smith.jpg

JakeTheBank
I do think Superman had some pretty lame showings during the first season of JL, but towards the end, he was the big man on campus. JLU was pretty clear who the strongest guy on the team was.

On topic, Graviton should give the team hell and then some. I

Odekahn
I do think Superman had some pretty lame showings during the first season of JL, but towards the end, he was the big man on campus. JLU was pretty clear who the strongest guy on the team was.

Right. It's not an easy fight anyway it goes.

carver9
@Rage...

Tony read Graviton power level and seen that he was generating the force of a black hole and Hulk powered through all of that power. Insane.

JayDaDon

It started when I noticed that Superman needed a suit to go into space. What kinda crap is that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.