Aquaman -VS- Ultimate Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109146/2321061-heartless_3.jpg
VS
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110817210325/aquaman/images/4/48/Aquaman_Orin.jpg

Round 1- h2h

Round 2- aquaman with trident.

How does this fight go?

pym-ftw
Isn't ultimate colossus made of adamantium?

Idk I don't read ultimate verse, but if he could rip wolverine apart he should stomp here

KingD19
No. One version of Colossus was made from Adamantium, but that was an alt-u. Ultimate Colossus just took so much steroids that it pumped his powers up to crazy levels.

Vensai
What is the setting? Colossus' chances of winning drop significantly if there's a water source nearby.

carver9
Ultimate Colossus stomps.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by KingD19
No. One version of Colossus was made from Adamantium, but that was an alt-u. Ultimate Colossus just took so much steroids that it pumped his powers up to crazy levels.
Thanks for the info

-Pr-
Aquaman wins, and he doesn't need a water source nearby.

iscaremonkeys
when magneto was distracted from colossus by the other x-men Colossus knocked magneto out with a punch to the stomach
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/8132/0271fm.jpg
WHO GETS KO WITH A PUNCH TO THE STOMACH?!?!?!?!

-Pr-
Yep. The power of love prevails.

Nibedicus
Woulda been more fun if Ult Colossus used Wolvie's leg to pound him some more. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Woulda been more fun if Ult Colossus used Wolvie's leg to pound him some more. stick out tongue

thumb up

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yep. The power of love prevails. the hell?

-Pr-
Colossus had a major crush on Wolverine, and he pushed through the pain because Magneto was hurting Logan.

SamZED
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
when magneto was distracted from colossus by the other x-men Colossus knocked magneto out with a punch to the stomach
WHO GETS KO WITH A PUNCH TO THE STOMACH?!?!?!?! not stomach. Dont know what that spot is called in english but Lots of people get koed that way. Pretty common.

carver9
It still took power, a lot of power to do that ft. This is the same Magneto that threw Thor to the core of Earth with his Magnetic powers. Looking at fts, Colossus wins every got darn time imo.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by SamZED
not stomach. Dont know what that spot is called in english but Lots of people get koed that way. Pretty common.

Solar Plexus?

SamZED
Solar Plexus? Thats the one, thnx. Although Piotr's fist is so huge its hard to tell. Still common though.

abhilegend
Yep. The power of love prevails.
You would know it after all.

uhuh

asdf83
WHO GETS KO WITH A PUNCH TO THE STOMACH?!?!?!?!

A good punch to the body is much harder to recover from than a punch to the head.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
It still took power, a lot of power to do that ft. This is the same Magneto that threw Thor to the core of Earth with his Magnetic powers. Looking at fts, Colossus wins every got darn time imo.

You don't know Aquaman's feats, so don't pretend you're talking about anything based on feats, mister "stabbing Darkseid was fan art".

lol @ magnetism suddenly being the same as durability.

SevenShackles
Hey Pr would you say colossus gives Aquaman a good fight or is this not enough to make Aquaman stress?

-Pr-
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Hey Pr would you say colossus gives Aquaman a good fight or is this not enough to make Aquaman stress?

He'd do all right. with Aquaman being a herald now (I believe he was before, but there's so much proof now), I don't see Colossus beating him, even if people tend to overstate how powerful Ultimate Colossus was.

At least, imo.

Anyone saying that Colossus would win easily/stomp, is woefully ignorant of Aquaman, imo. That, or has an insanely inflated opinion of Colossus.

Plus, dat trident.

carver9
You don't know Aquaman's feats, so don't pretend you're talking about anything based on feats, mister "stabbing Darkseid was fan art".

lol @ magnetism suddenly being the same as durability.

Don't know why you are saying this but what fts of Aquaman are you using that makes you think he can beat this version of Colossus.? Colossus was destroying Ultimate Thor (who is at the minimum a low Herald) and Ironman at the same time. Being or beating a Herald isn't outside of Colossus power.

-Pr-
Don't know why you are saying this but what fts of Aquaman are you using that makes you think he can beat this version of Colossus.? Colossus was destroying Ultimate Thor (who is at the minimum a low Herald) and Ironman at the same time. Being or beating a Herald isn't outside of Colossus power.

Pretty much everything we've seen of him post reboot. Punching out Superman, matching Diana briefly, stabbing Darkseid (twice), lifting a cruise ship, tossing the submarine, his crazy damage soak, impressive blunt/energy durability.

What feats of Colossus do you think makes him beat this Aquaman? Stopping a train? Beating those versions of Iron Man and Thor? Aquaman could do that.

I'm sure now that I've named Aquaman feats, you're going to go find scans of them.

carver9
I will respond to your post later Pr. When I say stomp, I mean that person win 10/10...each fight can be a good fight but one of them prevails every time.

-Pr-
Colossus isn't winning 10/10.

JakeTheBank
Aquaman 10/10

KingD19
616 Colossus actually would put up a better fight. He has higher and better feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not entirely sure. Johns is giving Aquaman a definite push, we'll see if it lasts.

Punching out Superman

That fat bum did that too.

Could it be that Atlanteans are Superman's new weakness?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not entirely sure. Johns is giving Aquaman a definite push, we'll see if it lasts.

That fat bum did that too.

Could it be that Atlanteans are Superman's new weakness?

Why not?

laughing out loud

Vulko didn't hit him as hard, iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why not?

laughing out loud

Vulko didn't hit him as hard, iirc.

Because it's Aquaman.

What makes you say that? I remember both hitting him off panel for a few pages. Do you have scans by any chance?

The best part? Abhil argued that Thing knocking Thor back for a page was a knock out or whatever nonsense and the two following weeks back to back, Superman suffered way worse from weaker opponents. Ah, good times.

-Pr-
Because it's Aquaman.

What makes you say that? I remember both hitting him off panel for a few pages. Do you have scans by any chance?

The best part? Abhil argued that Thing knocking Thor back for a page was a knock out or whatever nonsense and the two following weeks back to back, Superman suffered way worse from weaker opponents. Ah, good times.

lol, I suppose I walked right in to that one.

I don't have them to hand, no. Iirc, Vulko only knocked him down, but the fight couldn't continue because Diana put a sword to his throat.

Aquaman isn't weaker than Thing. Or did you mean Vulko.

zopzop
Ultimate Colossus eh?

Fight Starts -

They tussle for a while.

AM's shirt gets torn and tattered.

Colossus glimpses AM's well chiseled swimmers body.

Colossus is distracted taking in the view.

AM plunges his "Trident" in Colossus' throat.

AM wins 10/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol, I suppose I walked right in to that one.

I don't have them to hand, no. Iirc, Vulko only knocked him down, but the fight couldn't continue because Diana put a sword to his throat.

Aquaman isn't weaker than Thing. Or did you mean Vulko.

Sorry, but we both know it's true. smile

Well I found two partial scans:
http://i.imgur.com/wN5sQ.jpg
http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/2we1.jpg

Pretty much the same thing I figure. Superman gets hit and he disappears for a few pages.

Both. Aquaman got a few good feats under his belt but I'm sticking with the tried and true for now.

-Pr-
Sorry, but we both know it's true. smile

Well I found two partial scans:
http://i.imgur.com/wN5sQ.jpg
http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/2we1.jpg

Pretty much the same thing I figure. Superman gets hit and he disappears for a few pages.

Both. Aquaman got a few good feats under his belt but I'm sticking with the tried and true for now.

lol, you'll come around eventually. I actually find it somewhat surprising when Thor fans don't immediately like Aquaman, given the similarities between them.

I don't think the punches were equal, but even if you wanted to say they were, Aquaman has a few nice strength/durability feats that put him easily in the low herald tier, imo.

You could have argued before the reboot that Aquaman was able to beat Thing. With his push since the reboot, I honestly don't see Thing being on his level, tbh. Same with Colossus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol, you'll come around eventually. I actually find it somewhat surprising when Thor fans don't immediately like Aquaman, given the similarities between them.

I don't think the punches were equal, but even if you wanted to say they were, Aquaman has a few nice strength/durability feats that put him easily in the low herald tier, imo.

You could have argued before the reboot that Aquaman was able to beat Thing. With his push since the reboot, I honestly don't see Thing being on his level, tbh. Same with Colossus.

I actually do like Aquaman, I was championing him for a long while along with Namor whenever I saw them getting lowballed. There really are a lot of similarities between the two.

I don't know if they were equal, I'm assuming that Aquaman would be noticeably stronger then Vulko or any other Atlantean. I just said they had the same effect based on what we saw. And I just find it kind of funny that a fat Atlantean bum did rocked Superman a week after Thor was getting lowballed for being knocked off his feet by Thing.

In a fight? Yea. In a slug fest? Nah, I think that's overreaching tbh. Why not? Aquaman exists in a tier where he can affect the big guns with his punches and at times can even hang for a certain amount of time. Thing has defined that tier for decades, Orin is just catching up.

-Pr-
I actually do like Aquaman, I was championing him for a long while along with Namor whenever I saw them getting lowballed. There really are a lot of similarities between the two.

I don't know if they were equal, I'm assuming that Aquaman would be noticeably stronger then Vulko or any other Atlantean. I just said they had the same effect based on what we saw. And I just find it kind of funny that a fat Atlantean bum did rocked Superman a week after Thor was getting lowballed for being knocked off his feet by Thing.

In a fight? Yea. In a slug fest? Nah, I think that's overreaching tbh. Why not? Aquaman exists in a tier where he can affect the big guns with his punches and at times can even hang for a certain amount of time. Thing has defined that tier for decades, Orin is just catching up.

Good. sneer

Aquaman is stronger than Vulko, yeah. Maybe, but it's Abhi, so...

Before the reboot, yes, Thing had more/better strength feats for the most part. It was just always hinted that Aquaman was this ridiculously strong guy, but Peter David and the like chose to show off his telepathy to the extent that what Johns is doing right now is almost a polar opposite. Since the reboot, though, I honestly think I've seen more than enough of Aquaman to put him above that tier.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good. sneer

Aquaman is stronger than Vulko, yeah. Maybe, but it's Abhi, so...

Before the reboot, yes, Thing had more/better strength feats for the most part. It was just always hinted that Aquaman was this ridiculously strong guy, but Peter David and the like chose to show off his telepathy to the extent that what Johns is doing right now is almost a polar opposite. Since the reboot, though, I honestly think I've seen more than enough of Aquaman to put him above that tier.

Thor is still better, don't get ahead of yourself. Aquaman even looks like his younger baby brother.

Fair enough.

He was strong, yea, but I think usually it was pretty clear that there was a difference between someone like Diana and Orin in terms of strength, not to mention Superman. He was the guy on the street lifting a car/truck etc. while they were the building/planet moving tier. Tbh, you can't really expect to many feats from him on a team with those kind of guys. Which is why I'm curious how it's going to be handled when John moves on. I don't know if I'm ready to place him at the Wonder Woman level strength yet, hasn't really done enough for that.

-Pr-
Thor is still better, don't get ahead of yourself. Aquaman even looks like his younger baby brother.

Fair enough.

He was strong, yea, but I think usually it was pretty clear that there was a difference between someone like Diana and Orin in terms of strength, not to mention Superman. He was the guy on the street lifting a car/truck etc. while they were the building/planet moving tier. Tbh, you can't really expect to many feats from him on a team with those kind of guys. Which is why I'm curious how it's going to be handled when John moves on. I don't know if I'm ready to place him at the Wonder Woman level strength yet, hasn't really done enough for that.

Shush!

The problem with Orin (though Johns got rid of that, the ****er) was that his strength, up until even the reboot, was left very vague, even going back in to the pre-crisis days. This was a guy that, on his day, could physically dominate people and knock, say, Martian Manhunter on his ass, but then Peter David came along and decided that Aquaman's telepathy was to be his primary attribute. But yeah, he was generally (at least post crisis) considered to be somewhat below Diana.

Johns seems to see things differently nowadays though, and even going back to Infinite Crisis, Johns has always viewed Aquaman as being a physical powerhouse. If you need to see more, that's fair enough, but I honestly think Johns has set enough of a precedent that Aquaman is now, physically, around Diana level, if a notch below it.

comicfan11
Concerning the fight Aquaman should win.
He is a legit 100 toner post Flashpoint, much faster than Colossus and the trident would seriously hurt Colossus.

Concerning the AQ and Diana comparison, Johns consistently portrays him close to her level (if not equal) every chance he gets. Remember he was the one who wrote the Aquaman - Despero fight in JLA Crisis of Conscience, the Flashpoint AQ - WW fight (where AQ had the upper hand, on land, until the fight was interrupted by Captain Thunder) and the brief fight in Throne of Atlantis and AQ always came out looking good.

I don't know if AQ is really up there but he certainly looks very close and certainly higher than Thing/Colossus level characters.

IMO

-Pr-
Yep. The first time Johns wrote Aquaman was Crisis of Conscience, and even through brightest day, he spent more than enough time showing off Aquaman's strength/durability.

The fact that it's that strength and durability that's winning him his fights, shows just how much faith Johns has in those physical abilities.

I just wish he'd show us some ****ing telepathy feats.

comicfan11
Also Johns established in the latest issue that AQ is physically superior to the other Atlanteans (like it was before Flashpoint). Just because AQ can throw down with WW doesn't mean every Atlantean can.

And I believe we are due to some awesome TP feats next issue. I see Topo ruining someone's day.

Plus dat trident, as PR said.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Shush!

The problem with Orin (though Johns got rid of that, the ****er) was that his strength, up until even the reboot, was left very vague, even going back in to the pre-crisis days. This was a guy that, on his day, could physically dominate people and knock, say, Martian Manhunter on his ass, but then Peter David came along and decided that Aquaman's telepathy was to be his primary attribute. But yeah, he was generally (at least post crisis) considered to be somewhat below Diana.

Johns seems to see things differently nowadays though, and even going back to Infinite Crisis, Johns has always viewed Aquaman as being a physical powerhouse. If you need to see more, that's fair enough, but I honestly think Johns has set enough of a precedent that Aquaman is now, physically, around Diana level, if a notch below it.

Meh, I think David had it good with the way he handled it. Even gave him the water hand upgrade. At the end of the day, if Superman isn't getting the strength showing it's going to be John or Diana or Orion etc. There's really not much room for Aquaman tbh, and once Johns is gone, it might in the long be counterproductive. He needs a niche that allows him to have big moments, otherwise it's just going to go back to the status quo.

Fair enough, I'm still not sure he can beat Thing in a slug fest.

-Pr-
Meh, I think David had it good with the way he handled it. Even gave him the water hand upgrade. At the end of the day, if Superman isn't getting the strength showing it's going to be John or Diana or Orion etc. There's really not much room for Aquaman tbh, and once Johns is gone, it might in the long be counterproductive. He needs a niche that allows him to have big moments, otherwise it's just going to go back to the status quo.

Fair enough, I'm still not sure he can beat Thing in a slug fest.

I honestly don't agree (with either statement), but it seems like neither of us is going to change the other's mind.

iscaremonkeys
im surprised nobody made a Butt-F*ck joke yet

-Pr-
im surprised nobody made a Butt-F*ck joke yet

This:

Originally posted by zopzop
Ultimate Colossus eh?

Fight Starts -

They tussle for a while.

AM's shirt gets torn and tattered.

Colossus glimpses AM's well chiseled swimmers body.

Colossus is distracted taking in the view.

AM plunges his "Trident" in Colossus' throat.

AM wins 10/10.

Wasn't close enough?

comicfan11
Rage there's also Bedard's latest interview about writing the Vilains Month issues of Aquaman, where he describes Aquaman as a "godlike being" and a "super strong titan", which is 100% supported by AQ's feats.

I can't see that description fitting Colossus and Thing tbh.

iscaremonkeys

Wasn't close enough? it was pretty close depending on what he meant by Trident wink

-Pr-
Originally posted by comicfan11
Rage there's also Bedard's latest interview about writing the Vilains Month issues of Aquaman, where he describes Aquaman as a "godlike being" and a "super strong titan", which is 100% supported by AQ's feats.

Yeah; even Johns in early interviews couldn't shut up about how powerful Aquaman was.

it was pretty close depending on what he meant by Trident wink

Yep.

Nibedicus

Soooo, they finally made that jump.

They decided to copy Namor and make him gayer.....

stick out tongue

iscaremonkeys

stick out tongue namor.....is never gay

-Pr-

stick out tongue

You assume that it's possible to do that.

Golgo13
Aquaman is an awesome title, bitches! big grin

Nibedicus
namor.....is never gay

http://marvelcomics.pl/img/wysiwyg/publicystyka/top5/gam5.gif

You assume that it's possible to do that.

Hmm. Good point.

Withdrawn.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Golgo13
Aquaman is an awesome title, bitches! big grin a lonly king that rules a kingdom in the middle of the freaking ocean where nobody but the sea creatures and Atlantis worship him. Not to mention he has to princess ariel and the gang twice a week -_-

iscaremonkeys
a lonly king that rules a kingdom in the middle of the freaking ocean where nobody but the sea creatures and Atlantis worship him. Not to mention he has to princess ariel and the gang twice a week -_-

bullshit That is ****ing Fabio

Golgo13
Yes, he own most of the planet. And on top of that is getting some mucho respect from Johns right now. I'm happy. cool

-Pr-
And to think, I used to dislike Aquaman...

juggernaut74
616 Colossus actually would put up a better fight. He has higher and better feats. Like what?

iscaremonkeys

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/073/4/6/batmans_gay_1_by_im_nat.jpg

Emi~Kiro
http://i32.tinypic.com/25umnbt.jpg
I think Colossus has a good shot at getting majority in h2h, as in no trident.

-Pr-
Are we taking that as Colossus' average, then? Because we really shouldn't, tbh.

Nibedicus
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/073/4/6/batmans_gay_1_by_im_nat.jpg

laughing

Lol, can you imagine what the script for this would look like?

Bruce (naked in the shower): Dick...?
(deleted. robin: Yes, and it's a BIG one!) <---- deleted by editor
Narration: The bad dream isn't over... it's just the beginning.
Robin: Hold still, Bruce. I promise this won't take more than a few seconds.

Artist: WTF! This isn't some sort of sick prison rape, is it???

carver9
Are we taking that as Colossus' average, then? Because we really shouldn't, tbh.

Why wouldn't we? What showings of Colossus are you thinking of that takes him out of that range. The guy was a monster. IIRC, that Nuke did not stop him. They had to freeze an entire city block to beat the guy.

-Pr-
Why wouldn't we? What showings of Colossus are you thinking of that takes him out of that range. The guy was a monster. IIRC, that Nuke did not stop him. They had to freeze an entire city block to beat the guy.

because it was a ridiculously high feat, one that he never really came close to replicating again in the century of issues that followed?

Nobody's saying he wasn't impressive. Even if you wanted to say it was his average, it still doesn't make it a stomp, or even a win a certainty.

carver9
because it was a ridiculously high feat, one that he never really came close to replicating again in the century of issues that followed?

Nobody's saying he wasn't impressive. Even if you wanted to say it was his average, it still doesn't make it a stomp, or even a win a certainty.

I can see where you are coming from with this not being a stomp, especially if Aquaman has the trident but if this goes physical...Aquaman is losing imo and badly. Every showing that I can think of involving Ultimate Colossus has been his standard and they are high showings as well.

-Pr-
Every one I can think of doesn't put him that far above Aquaman, or even sustainably above him.

Aquaman can beat him without the trident, tbh.

juggernaut74
Somebody have the train stopping feat? That was f*cking boss.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ultimate Colossus was pretty strong brah.

carver9
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Carver has all.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Colossusstrength_zpsa2e0eae5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/coll2_zps11ec2614.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

He didn't even flinch.

-Pr-

It was pretty awesome. Don't have it though, sorry.

WTF...

Edit: carver has it.

carver9

Yep and his durability was up there as well. Wasn't he the first one minus Ultimate Hulk that ripped Ultimate Universe Adamantium?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, that was pretty impressive. He's Hogun level now:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62144/1854618-02_24_11_01_39_40.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yep and his durability was up there as well. Wasn't he the first one minus Ultimate Hulk that ripped Ultimate Universe Adamantium?

Not sure, maybe. Took Wolverine's claws without a scratch as well.

juggernaut74
Yep and his durability was up there as well. Wasn't he the first one minus Ultimate Hulk that ripped Ultimate Universe Adamantium? Not sure he broke it, I'm guessing he just ripped the joint apart.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
http://i32.tinypic.com/25umnbt.jpg
I think Colossus has a good shot at getting majority in h2h, as in no trident. Either before that or after he he smashed Iron Man also.

-Pr-
Either before that or after he he smashed Iron Man also.

He took out Iron Man first.

carver9
Not sure, maybe. Took Wolverine's claws without a scratch as well.

He was a freaking beast.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Colossusdurability_zps19da0ca2.jpg.html

Wei Phoenix
Can't these two just have sex because they're both gay?

-Pr-
He was a freaking beast.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Colossusdurability_zps19da0ca2.jpg.html

You keep saying that as if someone is saying he isn't.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Can't these two just have sex because they're both gay?

Get. Out.

Wei Phoenix

Get. Out.

Well you know I'm a fan of taking the back door.

-Pr-
Well you know I'm a fan of taking the back door.

Of course, I- Wait, what?

I don't think I remember THAT conversation.

carver9

Get. Out.

Naah, I know you think he is powerful. I just need to find a way to make you realize Colossus would work Aquaman.

-Pr-
Naah, I know you think he is powerful. I just need to find a way to make you realize Colossus would work Aquaman.

I've read more of both characters than you have, so I doubt that will happen.

Wei Phoenix
Of course, I- Wait, what?

I don't think I remember THAT conversation.

I gave you a forget me not.

-Pr-
I gave you a forget me not.

Damn, now I need to try to remember. mmm

Wei Phoenix
Been watching the latest season of Arrested?

-Pr-
Been watching the latest season of Arrested?

I've watched maybe one episode of that show, ever.

carver9
I've read more of both characters than you have, so I doubt that will happen.

Naah.

-Pr-
Naah.

Care to test that theory? Surely you don't intend to question how much Aquaman I've read?

ODG
Ultimate Colossus is certainly more durable than Aquaman. He also seems stronger. Their ferocity is pretty matched. I'd have to give him the majority over Aquaman w/o the trident also.

Wei Phoenix
I've watched maybe one episode of that show, ever.

That's what one of the characters calls a roofie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ODG
Ultimate Colossus is certainly more durable than Aquaman. He also seems stronger. Their ferocity is pretty matched. I'd have to give him the majority over Aquaman w/o the trident also.

i'd argue that, while colossus might be more durable against piercing attacks, I'm not so sure about pure blunt force trauma. and even if he was more durable in that department, it wouldn't be to the extent that it's a large gap.

strength... disagree.

That's what one of the characters calls a roofie.

Ah. I need to learn the lingo sad

carver9
Care to test that theory? Surely you don't intend to question how much Aquaman I've read?

I know for a fact you read more Aquaman than me but I have been keeping up with the character.

-Pr-
I know for a fact you read more Aquaman than me but I have been keeping up with the character.

Well you'd have to, after your little Darkseid faux-pas.

carver9
Well you'd have to, after your little Darkseid faux-pas.

WOW... I forgot what I said and honestly, I don't even want to know.

ODG
i'd argue that, while colossus might be more durable against piercing attacks, I'm not so sure about pure blunt force trauma. and even if he was more durable in that department, it wouldn't be to the extent that it's a large gap.

strength... disagree. Ultimate Colossus took that speeding train like a boss. Don't see Aquaman doing that.

Aquaman's strength and striking feats might be impressive and even surprising for him, but they don't look better. At all. And I wouldn't be surprised if a reread of some Ultimate X-Men drives that point home.

KingD19
-Pr- went swimming off the coast of Boca once. There was an incident with some rather...frisky dolphins. Aquaman saved his life that day. They've been super friends ever since.

Estacado
Didnt Colossus struggle to carry a submarine out of water?

KingD19
No. He actually said if he couldn't pull it off, who could? Then he walked to the sea floor and hauled a 200 ton submarine that was made even heavier from being at least partially flooded up to the beach. He was laying down seemingly passed out, but the feat was pretty much off panel so we weren't shown if he struggled or not. And he's done more impressive stuff so it might have just been them trying to show off some weird message instead of him struggling.

comicfan11
Just some info.

Scavenger's nuclea subs in AQ are Russian.
From a quick search they range from 7100 (lightest) to 48000 tons (heaviest).

KingD19
Oh. Was probably heavier then.

comicfan11
Oh. Was probably heavier then.

That's not necessarily true for Colossus.
The range I gave is for Russian n. subs only (which is specified in AQ #19)

N. Subs from other countries can be as light as 400 tons, and normal subs even lighter.

Do you have any info on the Colossus feat?

ODG
No. He actually said if he couldn't pull it off, who could? Then he walked to the sea floor and hauled a 200 ton submarine that was made even heavier from being at least partially flooded up to the beach. He was laying down seemingly passed out, but the feat was pretty much off panel so we weren't shown if he struggled or not. And he's done more impressive stuff so it might have just been them trying to show off some weird message instead of him struggling. 200 tons? That class of nuclear submarine is more like 4000+ tons, not including the extra water.

comicfan11
Originally posted by ODG
^ 200 tons? That class of nuclear submarine is more like 4000+ tons, not including the extra water.

I'm not disputing Colossus, but do you have any specifics for his sub feat?
Is there anything specific mention about it or is it just "generic undefined comic submarine design"?

ODG
^ It was a K-14 submarine. Very specific model.

comicfan11
Originally posted by ODG
^ It was a K-14 submarine. Very specific model.

Nice that's specific info.
According to wiki the weight of it (submerged and accounting for water displacement) is 4069 tons.

According to the description of the feat in this thread (it happened on panel, Colossus was laying on the beach after), still that puts AQ significantly higher than Colossus, since AQ's sub was much heavier (7100 to 48000 tons) and he tossed it from the ocean floor to several feat above surface in one throw.

Still good (of panel) feat fro Colossus.
A scan would be nice.

ODG
^ Your sources are incorrect. I've checked myself. If you weren't aware of this, the K-14 is actually a Russian submarine itself. So your whole "7100-48000 ton range for all Russian nuclear subs" is plainly incorrect on its face.

And frankly, your previous comment about "generic undefined comic submarine design" more aptly applies to Aquaman's feat than Ultimate Colossus'.

And here is one of the several panels specifying the submarine type which Ultimate Colossus dealt with:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/UltimateColossus01.jpg

comicfan11
Dude I just checked in wiki, the list of Russian nuke subs and checked all their weights.

I also found the k-14 model and it specifies it's weight.

Here check yourself, list of Russian nuke subs currently used, and check their individual weights yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_submarine#Soviet_.2F_Russian_Navy

As for K-14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November-class_submarine

They are not used since 1991, they are all disposed and they weigh 4069 tons.
That's the reason they are not listed in the first list, they are not currently in use.

My sources are most definitely correct.

Nibedicus
Any scans of the AM "feat"?

carver9
The distance Colossus carried that submarine was insane. Don't think he laid down because of the weight...think it was just something he did after haulting something from extreme distance. Then he carried it on one shoulder IIRC.

comicfan11
Here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=382350&pagenumber=2194

In #19 it's specified that these are Russian nuke subs but no model is given.

ODG
Dude I just checked in wiki, the list of Russian nuke subs and checked all their weights.

I also found the k-14 model and it specifies it's weight.

Here check yourself, list of Russian nuke subs currently used, and check their individual weights yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_submarine#Soviet_.2F_Russian_Navy

As for K-14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November-class_submarine

They are not used since 1991, they are all disposed and they weigh 4069 tons. Well apparently the Russian Navy in the Ultimate Universe used an old-a$$ submarine that should have been decommissioned 11 years earlier in Utimate X-Men #18 published July 2002 because maybe comics universes don't strictly adhere to RL decommissions of submarines. Originally posted by comicfan11
That's the reason they are not listed in the first list, they are not currently in use.

My sources are most definitely correct. Considering you were so quick to dismiss what class of submarine Ultimate Colossus was dealing with, I find it especially odd that you are so readily assuming that Scavenger's submarines are perfectly operating modern Russian submarines instead of repurposed subs (perhaps off of a decommissioned line?). Especially since it looked rather junky looking on-panel. An outdated submarine being used beyond its time in a fictional comic shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility in the first place, after all. Then again, they could be just some "generic undefined comic submarine design" since a RL model was never even specified. And who knows how much those weigh in the first place.

Your scrutiny over Ultimate Colossus' feat is more appropriate for the Aquaman feat. Glaringly so.

Nibedicus
Here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=382350&pagenumber=2194

In #19 it's specified that these are Russian nuke subs but no model is given.

I'm gonna be honest here.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16108529_Aquaman_2011-_021-004.jpg

That doesn't look like a very big submarine at all. From a comparison between AM and the sub, it doesn't look much bigger than 100 feet or so...

Edit. Also, I read the scans. Where exactly does ot say "nuclear submarine" or Russian for that matter?

comicfan11
I disagree.

In the Colossus feat a model is given (there's no disputing it's weight). You can blame the writers for using an older model but not dispute the facts.

But why should I assume that Scavenger (a high tech character, and one of DC's most well known pirates) would use anything less than the highest tech available at the time?. All through his continuity, that's what he does. His MO is using high tech to gain any advantage and having the tech advantage over his opponents.

The comic would specify an "old" sub if that was the case.

Should I assume that every time I don't see a model in a currently used vehicle, that it's something decommissioned at the time of publication? Or that it's something commonly used at that time?

KingD19
I'm pretty sure Colossus' sub was bigger than that one.

comicfan11
I'm gonna be honest here.

That doesn't look like a very big submarine at all. From a comparison between AM and the sub, it doesn't look much bigger than 100 feet or so...

Edit. Also, I read the scans. Where exactly does ot say "nuclear submarine" or Russian for that matter?

Issue #19
The scans are from issue #21
I don't have scans from that issue.

Nibedicus
Issue #19
The scans are from issue #21
I don't have scans from that issue.

Can you at least type/quote the actual narrative/statement word-for-word that states what kind of submarine it is?

Also, like I said, that doesn't look to be a very big sub at all.

comicfan11
Can you at least type/quote the actual narrative/statement word-for-word that states what kind of submarine it is?

Also, like I said, that doesn't look to be a very big sub at all.

"He usually operates out of a Russian nuclear sub he co-opted"

Nibedicus
"He usually operates out of a Russian nuclear sub he co-opted"

So, no details on the actual sub model/class/etc?

Wouldn't it make more sense to determine the size of the sub based on the art itself rather than assume that it's a specific model when no model/class was given?

For all we know, it's a sub class unique to the comic world. I mean it's not far fetched for comics to come out with their own planes, cars, etc model types, isn't it? All we know that it's a russkan nuclear sub. Crew complement looks small and it looks more like the french mini sub than it does a full sized russian military sub from the artwork.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Aquaman's feat was very impressive, but not because of the size of the Submarine, but because he tosses it out of the ocean as he did.

The Submarine Colossus lifted was obviously much larger then the one Aquaman encountered based on what I remember.

ODG
I disagree.

In the Colossus feat a model is given (there's no disputing it's weight). You can blame the writers for using an older model but not dispute the facts. So you rule out that Scavenger could be using a decommissioned model submarine in a comic... even though we have a clear example of a comics Russian navy using a decommissioned model? What is your certainty based on, exactly? Originally posted by comicfan11
But why should I assume that Scavenger (a high tech character, and one of DC's most well known pirates) would use anything less than the highest tech available at the time?. All through his continuity, that's what he does. His MO is using high tech to gain any advantage and having the tech advantage over his opponents. So this is what your certainty is based on? You are completely generalizing what pre-Flashpoint Scavenger did and projecting that onto post-Flashpoint Scavenger. Which, in turn, allows you to assume there are only RL modern submarine models that could have been used in this fictional comic... despite no model actually being provided.

All whilst completely ignoring that the submarine looked like a rusty pile of junk on-panel and the possibility that a character whose name is "Scavenger" might find it easier to scavenge decommissioned submarines and repurpose them instead of engaging the modern Russian Navy and stealing their modern in-use submarines. Originally posted by comicfan11
The comic would specify an "old" sub if that was the case. Pretty sure that's exactly what the comic did when it depicted a rusty piece of junk. Originally posted by comicfan11
Should I assume that every time I don't see a model in a currently used vehicle, that it's something decommissioned at the time of publication? Or that it's something commonly used at that time? Your begging the question fallacy is duly noted and dismissed. And I find your question to be outrageously disingenuous considering your earlier comments about Ultimate Colossus dealing with an unspecified "generic undefined comic submarine design." For someone who so quickly lays immense scrutiny on feats depicting random vehicles, it says a lot that you can't possibly countenance that the one used in Aquaman #21 just might be a generic fictional one that doesn't even have a RL counterpart.

carver9
Aquaman's feat was very impressive, but not because of the size of the Submarine, but because he tosses it out of the ocean as he did.

The Submarine Colossus lifted was obviously much larger then the one Aquaman encountered based on what I remember.

Then you have to think about the fact that he had to carry his own weight and prevent himself from sinking because of his Iron hide (while carrying the sub). His ft was more difficult imo...especially with the distance and weight of the sub.

comicfan11
To answer both Nib and ODG.

Scavenger is (and always was) a high tech arms dealer. That much is mentioned in the current continuity also (I believe by Waller, Scavenger is hunting for high tech Atlantean weaponry and is selling it).
He specializes and uses the best available resources.

I already said no model is given, but it is a nuke russ sub. That much is specified (no mention of experimental, unique factor to the sub provided)

It makes more sense to go for one of the already existing available imo, since Johns specifies when a vehicle is unique (example the Operatives plane, the Living Room which is specifically described as better than a normal cargo ship, although it looks normal).

Plus ODG when people mentioned the Colossus feat and I questioned it, NO info was given for the sub. You were the first one to specify a model, to which point I gladly provided specifics to measure the feat.

As for the writer's f@ck up in the Colossus issue, you have a point (they should do better than use a decommissioned sub) but facts are facts. Don't change what Colossus lifted.

Nibedicus

Scavenger is (and always was) a high tech arms dealer. That much is mentioned in the current continuity also (I believe by Waller, Scavenger is hunting for high tech Atlantean weaponry and is selling it).
He specializes and uses the best available resources.

I already said no model is given, but it is a nuke russ sub. That much is specified (no mention of experimental, unique factor to the sub provided)

It makes more sense to go for one of the already existing available imo, since Johns specifies when a vehicle is unique (example the Operatives plane, the Living Room which is specifically described as better than a normal cargo ship, although it looks normal).

Plus ODG when people mentioned the Colossus feat and I questioned it, NO info was given for the sub. You were the first one to specify a model, to which point I gladly provided specifics to measure the feat.

As for the writer's f@ck up in the Colossus issue, you have a point (they should do better than use a decommissioned sub) but facts are facts. Don't change what Colossus lifted.

But that's the problem. No model/class was given. Also, the artwork disagrees with your assumption as the sub looks no more than a hundred feet or so. There is no going around this outside of claiming that "the artwork is wrong", sadly, you do NOT have enough evidence via the narrative/statements provided to overturn the art-provided size, thus this line of reasoning would fall flat on its face.

Especially when the assumption of "it is a generic fictional Russian sub model" explains things pretty conclusively. Generic fictional subs don't have to be unique or experimental or any such thing. It could just as much be a common generic sub that exists only in this specific fictional world.

ODG

He specializes and uses the best available resources. What we do know is that he seeks out high tech Atlantean weaponry. Not that he seeks out high tech RL Russian weaponry and demands only the best in functional RL weaponry to find the high tech Atlantean weaponry. Let us not ignore the gaps in logic and outright assumptions you are making here. Originally posted by comicfan11
I already said no model is given, but it is a nuke russ sub. That much is specified (no mention of experimental, unique factor to the sub provided) It's a fictional nuclear Russian sub... with no known RL counterpart. To be more specific. Originally posted by comicfan11
It makes more sense to go for one of the already existing available imo, since Johns specifies when a vehicle is unique (example the Operatives plane, the Living Room which is specifically described as better than a normal cargo ship, although it looks normal). The Operative's plane has absolutely no bearing on Scavenger's scavenged fleet of submarines. Originally posted by comicfan11
Plus ODG when people mentioned the Colossus feat and I questioned it, NO info was given for the sub. You were the first one to specify a model, to which point I gladly provided specifics to measure the feat. Yet somehow, the outright need for specifics you exhibited is now being completely glossed over when it comes to Aquaman. All you needed to know is that it's Russian. And from there, you automatically assume 1) it is a modern Russian sub instead of a scavenged one, and 2) it actually has a RL counterpart rather than just being a "generic undefined comic submarine design." Originally posted by comicfan11
As for the writer's f@ck up in the Colossus issue, you have a point (they should do better than use a decommissioned sub) but facts are facts. Don't change what Colossus lifted. I'm not changing what Colossus lifted. I'm just telling you that when a fictional Russian navy uses an old-a$$ submarine (that looked brand new) that should have been decommissioned 11 years earlier... you shouldn't outright dismiss the notion that a fictional comic character, Scavenger, might use an old-a$$ submarine (that looked like a rusty piece of junk) that could have been decommissioned and subsequently scavenged... by the Scavenger.

Nibedicus
Dude, I just gotta post this quote:

I'm not disputing Colossus, but do you have any specifics for his sub feat?
Is there anything specific mention about it or is it just "generic undefined comic submarine design"?

How is it that you had no trouble coming up with this line of logic yet find it downright difficult to accept our line of thinking when it just simply parallels your own?

comicfan11
OK I understand your point (both nib and ODG)

I'm not here to invent feats, that's a job other posters are much more competent at.

I will give you this it might as well be an older model (still it ranges around from about 4000 tons to 48000 tons)

But I will not concede that it is a defacto fictional model, since Johns usually mentions things like this (I believe he did the same with the invisible cargo plane in current JLA). It could very well be, but there is no conclusive proof of that whatsoever.

We only know nuclear russ sub for fact.

And when I mentioned the Colossus feat, Nib, I gave numbers for existing subs, even before the model was known. I meant generic comic book subs based on real models. In other words when I gave the numbers I used ALL REAL LIFE NUC SUBS number. Not subs invented for the comic, but all subs available at the time of publication.

However I will not concede to every piece of technology not translating exactly to real life counterparts if the artwork is off, when a description is given.

Nibedicus

I'm not here to invent feats, that's a job other posters are much more competent at.

I will give you this it might as well be an older model (still it ranges around from about 4000 tons to 48000 tons)

But I will not concede that it is a defacto fictional model, since Johns usually mentions things like this (I believe he did the same with the invisible cargo plane in current JLA). It could very well be, but there is no conclusive proof of that whatsoever.

We only know nuclear russ sub for fact.

And when I mentioned the Colossus feat, Nib, I gave numbers for existing subs, even before the model was known. I meant generic comic book subs based on real models. In other words when I gave the numbers I used ALL REAL LIFE NUC SUBS number. Not subs invented for the comic, but all subs available at the time of publication.

However I will not concede to every piece of technology not translating exactly to real life counterparts if the artwork is off, when a description is given.

Breaking it down:

You have as much proof as we do on whether it is based on RL models or a fictional one.

Your only theory of its possible measurements is your opinion based off of vague statements taken along with a writer's average writing style which may or may not even take this into consideration.

Our theory of its measurements come from the artwork itself, w/c is clear, defined and pretty conclusive.

Now you are free to stick with your opinion and disregard the pretty clear and conclusive art, but at this point, as I'm sure there will be no convincing you no matter what reasoning we provide, I guess we should just let the other readers decide.

ODG

But I will not concede that it is a defacto fictional model, since Johns usually mentions things like this (I believe he did the same with the invisible cargo plane in current JLA). It could very well be, but there is no conclusive proof of that whatsoever. This writer generalization angle is even flimsier than assuming that pre-Flashpoint Scavenger proclivities (which I haven't even seen scans for) are exactly the same post-Flashpoint. I'm not sure it merits more than complete dismissal outright. Originally posted by comicfan11
We only know nuclear russ sub for fact. We only know that it is a fictional nuclear russ sub for fact with no known RL counterpart. Originally posted by comicfan11

However I will not concede to every piece of technology not translating exactly to real life counterparts if the artwork is off, when a description is given. The only description given is basically a "generic undefined comic submarine design." The fact that it is a fictional Russian submarine does not mean it actually has a RL counterpart. If you really want to micro-analyze this whole Russian angle, you should be bearing down on what was said and depicted in the comics:

Fact #1: Aquaman stated that Scavenger operated out of a Russian nuclear submarine.
Fact #2: Aquaman specifically asked Topo for help because Topo could restrain that nuclear submarine.
Fact #3: Aquaman never actually tracked down Scavenger's submarine.
Fact #4: Aquaman easily dealt with the submarine he did find.
Fact #5: The submarine Aquaman did deal with looked like a small rusty piece of junk.
Fact #6: Scavenger apparently has a whole fleet of submarines.
Fact #7: We don't know for sure that every submarine in his fleet is a Russian nuclear submarine.

So even though Aquaman never actually found Scavenger's Russian nuclear submarine (that he asked Topo for help with), somehow we are to conclude that the junky-looking sub he easily dealt with on his own was a modern Russian nuclear submarine... because we assume Scavenger's entire submarine fleet is composed of Russian nuclear submarines, and modern ones to boot.

Y'know, if that's the case, than Scavenger basically stole every single active Russian nuclear submarine based on that final page shot in Aquaman #21 where we see at least 20 submarines. Because... y'know... RL Russia's active nuclear submarine fleet doesn't number beyond a couple dozen currently.

Nibedicus
Ohh ohhh fact#8 the submarine does not look like any kind of russian submarine model that exists (at least from my short time scrutinizing russian sub pics).

comicfan11
To answer to both of you guys since I don't want to drag this thread to 30+ pages.

As you said neither you nor me can prove it's a fictional Russian sub. At this point I don't really care for specifics just that AQ lifted and tossed it out of the water, which puts him to to the 100 ton class (again based on ALL existing nuclear sub models).

I don't believe anyone can dispute at least that.

I reserve my opinion that it's based on an existing model and you are correct in assuming I'm not going to change my opinion unless a fictional model is specified.

And I will conclude with the simple fact that this is not even AQ's best strength feat in the Nu 52, since he already lifted the ocean liner in JL #9 (or #10 but I believe it was #9).

There's no point in continuing to debate this issue, since I will not accept your conclusion and you won't accept mine.

Still going with AQ for the majority due to similar (though I believe the ocean liner feat puts AQ clearly ahead of C) strength, better speed & leaping and the trident.

Cheers.

Nibedicus
Fair enough.

Agree to disagree then.

comicfan11
Of course.

Just a question though (not related with the battle here)

Does normal Colossus have any better lifting feats than this Ultimate Colossus?

Because it was a pretty impressive feat and I was really surprised.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Nibedicus
I'll let someone else answer that. From what I know, Ult Colossus is a juiced up version of his 616 counterpart so he should be written as far stronger than 616 Colossus. But my knowledge of either character is not nearly as comprehensive as the ppl here. smile

comicfan11
I'll let someone else answer that. From what I know, Ult Colossus is a juiced up version of his 616 counterpart so he should be written as far stronger than 616 Colossus. But my knowledge of either character is not nearly as comprehensive as the ppl here. smile

THX man.

I usually don't like it when alt characters are stronger than the normal (unless it's something completely different like KC Supes who was older for example).

Still makes sense since I would think this feat might be too much for reg Colossus, but the juiced up thing makes it logical for the ult Colossus.

Cheers

ODG
To answer to both of you guys since I don't want to drag this thread to 30+ pages.

As you said neither you nor me can prove it's a fictional Russian sub. At this point I don't really care for specifics just that AQ lifted and tossed it out of the water, which puts him to to the 100 ton class (again based on ALL existing nuclear sub models). We don't have to prove negatives. But the plain fact of the matter is this: the only fact we do know is that Aquaman tossed a fictional submarine. We're not even sure it's a Russian submarine, because it wasn't actually Scavenger's personal submarine that Aquaman had described to Topo earlier and wanted assistance disabling with. Originally posted by comicfan11
I don't believe anyone can dispute at least that. Yea, we can dispute that. I never bothered to in the first place because frankly, nobody cares to micro-analyze this feat... at least until someone makes a claim that the submarine had to have at least weighed 7100-48000 tons. Originally posted by comicfan11
I reserve my opinion that it's based on an existing model and you are correct in assuming I'm not going to change my opinion unless a fictional model is specified.

And I will conclude with the simple fact that this is not even AQ's best strength feat in the Nu 52, since he already lifted the ocean liner in JL #9 (or #10 but I believe it was #9).

There's no point in continuing to debate this issue, since I will not accept your conclusion and you won't accept mine. So long as you know exactly how flimsy your extremely specific conclusion is based on what confirmed facts we do know... some of which actually contradict your conclusion, e.g., it's a small junky-looking sub. Originally posted by comicfan11
Still going with AQ for the majority due to similar (though I believe the ocean liner feat puts AQ clearly ahead of C) strength, better speed & leaping and the trident.

Cheers. Yeah, I don't see Aquaman stopping a speeding freight train with multiple cars with his bare hands. I personally find that more impressive.

Nibedicus
Anyone got scans on both the luxury liner and the freight train? Maybe we can too some h1-nese computations in and determine actual forces involved? smile

comicfan11
Good we agree to disagree then and I'm fully content with my conclusions.

As for the freight train, Hogun did it with a mace so I certainly see AQ replicating that feat, and still believe the ocean liner as more impressive.

Cheers

ODG
Good we agree to disagree then and I'm fully content with my conclusions.

As for the freight train, Hogun did it with a mace so I certainly see AQ replicating that feat, and still believe the ocean liner as more impressive.

Cheers Based on your avy, I'm not at all surprised. thumb up

Colossus didn't have a magical mace, he used his bare hands. As for the ocean liner, I saw Sasquatch do it casually so I certainly see Ultimate Colossus replicating that feat, and still believe the barehanding of a speeding freight train as more impressive.

To each his own though. Originally posted by Nibedicus
Anyone got scans on both the luxury liner and the freight train? Maybe we can too some h1-nese computations in and determine actual forces involved? smile That's the last thing we should be doing. Especially after this tedious trainwreck of a conversation.

comicfan11
Originally posted by ODG
Based on your avy, I'm not at all surprised. thumb up

Colossus didn't have a magical mace, he used his bare hands. As for the ocean liner, I saw Sasquatch do it casually so I certainly see Ultimate Colossus replicating that feat, and still believe the barehanding of a speeding freight train as more impressive.

To each his own though.

Heh someone has to represent AQ when PR is not around. Family Guy and stuff like that don't help any character in comics forums and no character has it more difficult than AQ... big grin

Nibedicus
Originally posted by ODG
That's the last thing we should be doing. Especially after this tedious trainwreck of a conversation.

Haha. I guess I'm just bored. laughing waiting on a call and it's late.

Heh someone has to represent AQ when PR is not around. Family Guy and stuff like that don't help any character in comics forums and no character has it more difficult than AQ... big grin

Hey, can't blame a guy for repping his fave character. Wish I actually had a character I liked enough to rep. My faves are all indie characters (Solar, X-O Manowar and Justice Machine) that no one would really care enough about to talk about. I only argue more for Marvel chars as I actually managed to collect more Marvel back in the day due to its availability in my area. Only DC comic I've really collected was Superman.

comicfan11
At some point I expect to read some Solar.
Some feats I saw are flat out insane.
And I hear good thinks about the latest X-O comic.

Nibedicus
At some point I expect to read some Solar.
Some feats I saw are flat out insane.
And I hear good thinks about the latest X-O comic.

I'm a fan of the classic Valiant versions. Haven't tried the new X-O yet, the new Solar one was pretty sweet tho but it's not available where I buy my comics anymore (w/c is a plane ride away from where I live).

comicfan11
I'm a fan of the classic Valiant versions. Haven't tried the new X-O yet, the new Solar one was pretty sweet tho but it's not available where I buy my comics anymore (w/c is a plane ride away from where I live).

Comicvine had X-O Manowar showcased some times in the "battles of the week" or something feature if you want to check it.

carver9
Carver has all.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Colossusstrength_zpsa2e0eae5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/coll2_zps11ec2614.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

He didn't even flinch.

I already posted the train ft earlier in this thread. Let the calculations begin smile .

Nibedicus
I already posted the train ft earlier in this thread. Let the calculations begin smile .

Do you have a better shot of the train? Hard to determine the exact type of train from what's been shown so far, art's a bit vague.

juggernaut74
Factor in the speed and the weight of the carts it's pretty impressive imo.

carver9
The only person I can remember beating Colossus (off panel) is Ultimate Juggernaut. Wouldn't consider that a bad showing either since it took the Mkraan crystal shoved into Juggernaut to temporarily defeat him (this also doesn't include the fact that Juggernaut also displayed high level bursts of speed).

-Pr-
Guys, how about we keep this civil, and stay on topic?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>