Spiderman vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alias Stone
Pete vs Danny

Both at the Peak of their Game

Full Brutality

No BFR/PIS/CIS

pym-ftw
Lord Rand

jitay
Martial arts and Spidey sense make for a lethal mix

quanchi112
Pete wins.

yaadaveyaa
can IF catch spidey ever?

Branlor Swift
Fist decapitates any Spider-Man ever.

ozz81
probably spiderman

cdtm
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Fist decapitates any Spider-Man ever.

Fanboy!

You actually read those boring Iron Fist stories too, I bet, unlike the cool kids. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bann.gif

cdtm
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
can IF catch spidey ever?

Yes.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
can IF catch spidey ever? IF is pretty much just as fast, and hits way harder.

Originally posted by cdtm
Fanboy!

You actually read those boring Iron Fist stories too, I bet, unlike the cool kids. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bann.gif I've been known to dabble in the art of Fisting

Vanguard
Iron Fist

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I've been known to dabble in the art of Fisting Nope, too easy not gonna do it...oh hell. Do you prefer latex or glass?

Iron Fist wins BTW.

deathslash
Lord Rand kicks Peter's teeth in and makes him bow before his superior power and technique.

guy222
Pete

abhilegend
Spidey wins.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lord Rand

thumb up

Silver_Lantern
spidey wins......his reflexes are of da hook n his spider senses i bet his punches makes more impact than iron fist's punches

Silver_Lantern
Fanboy!

You actually read those boring Iron Fist stories too, I bet, unlike the cool kids. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bann.gif nice!!!

StiltmanFTW
1) You're wrong.

2) Cdtm was just kidding, he actually is an IF supporter.

BlackZero30x
Hard to say really. Iron Fist did teach Pete his "Spider Fu" so he has that distinct advantage of knowing every move pete can make and how to counter it. On the other hand Spidy's spider sense gives him the edge in reaction time imo.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Hard to say really. Iron Fist did teach Pete his "Spider Fu" so he has that distinct advantage of knowing every move pete can make and how to counter it. On the other hand Spidy's spider sense gives him the edge in reaction time imo.

That was Shang-Chi who taught Parker, not Danny.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That was Shang-Chi who taught Parker, not Danny.

The arc in The Amazing Spider-Man before he got his spider sense back?

I haven't read it since it was actually released but I was sure it was Danny. Oh well lol

StiltmanFTW
The arc in The Amazing Spider-Man before he got his spider sense back?

I haven't read it since it was actually released but I was sure it was Danny. Oh well lol

Yeah.

No, it was Shang-Chi. 100% sure.

BlackZero30x
Ooh my bad. Well that's kind of embarrassing lol

StiltmanFTW
Happens to the best of us, no worries stick out tongue

cdtm

Danny has his own version of "radar sense", though. Helps even out the advantage, plus there's the fact Danny can block attacks, while an Iron Fist would go through Spidey's guard. Meaning, Danny can better control the pace, and make Spidey come to him.

pym-ftw
Ooh my bad. Well that's kind of embarrassing lol
Lord Rand probably taught Shang in how to train Spider-man...

Danny trains with Steve> Steve trains with Shang> Shang takes pity on Pete...

Mindset
Danny created Kung Fu.

Raisen
I used to think Spidey would take this due to superior speed, reflexes, and strength......but now that I dissect Spidey's "advantages" I realize the only advantage Spidey may have is the Spider Sense.

IF has shown incredible hand speed and is a bullet timer. He can and will catch Spidey early on

IF reflexes......bullet timer. has dodged automatic gunfire.

IF can hit with 100 ton force; nothing new to Spidey, but it is unique to a character with IF's skill and speed.

cdtm
Originally posted by Raisen

IF can hit with 100 ton force; nothing new to Spidey, but it is unique to a character with IF's skill and speed.

This is the main thing for me.

You basically have a guy who can float like a butterfly, and sting like a locomotive.

Mshinu
Bugboy gets fisted and likes it. He likes it so much he drops the spider theme and becomes Danny`s new sidekick, FistedBoy.

Warlord
IF

RedX1852
Iron Fist Wrecks Spidey if he isnt Holdin Back

StyleTime
Originally posted by Mindset
Danny created Kung Fu fighting.

Raisen
It's apparent that half of this board wants to pleasure IF's paper wiener.

Mindset
Shut up, phag.

Daredevil1
Spidey 6/10

iscaremonkeys
IS knows kung fu.
Spiderman is the bruce lee of spiders. He created A marital art called the way of the spider. Spidy is 10 times stronger and much more durable than IS. Spidy wins

cdtm
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
IS knows kung fu.
Spiderman is the bruce lee of spiders. He created A marital art called the way of the spider. Spidy is 10 times stronger and much more durable than IS. Spidy wins

IS? smile

Strength, I'll give you. Striking power's more important, and in that Danny can match Spidey without using the IF..

Durability, no so much. Danny's about as durable as Spidey, looking at their history.

iscaremonkeys
IS? smile yea because he can do this
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/spiderman621/Spider-Man/ManonaRampage5.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/spiderman621/Spider-Man/ManonaRampage6.jpg
http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/images/classic-stregnth-pose.jpg
or this
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113883/2157003-feat46strength2yb1.jpg
OR THIS
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/spiderman_7d1e2b_2845569.jpg

Daredevil1
Speed and durability go to Spiderman.

Striking power due to the IF technique and skill go do Danny.

The webbing won't be that great to tie up Danny or hold him for long since, his energy would destroy the webbing in seconds. But if he gives him a face full of webbing by the time he attempts to destroy the webbing off his face. I can see Spiderman be fast enough to knock Danny out cold or even kill him via death punch.

But by the same token if Danny lands one good IF tech punch it could be over for Spidey. I'll give the smallest of edges to Spidey in this regard.

jitay
But Spidey has insane damage soak of he helices I'm what he's fighting for

Alias Stone
Bump

Vanguard
bump

cdtm
Almost everything he said is untrue.

Danny has comparable speed, and his durability is good enough to tank a sucker punch from Luke Cage, fight on with a broken back, and survive getting Kamehameha blasted into the sky and bouncing on hard packed ice and snow (Which is akin to concrete, people. Hardly soft angel dust breaking a fall.)

Vanguard
Almost everything he said is untrue.

Danny has comparable speed, and his durability is good enough to tank a sucker punch from Luke Cage, fight on with a broken back, and survive getting Kamehameha blasted into the sky and bouncing on hard packed ice and snow (Which is akin to concrete, people. Hardly soft angel dust breaking a fall.)

laughing

Who is it that you're mad at?

Vanguard
oh nvm, must be talking about Dd1

cdtm
Granted, most of the stuff I'm talking about wasn't even published yet. smile

Except Cage sucker punching him. In the back of the head, no less, and he still couldn't put him down (Priest, near the end of 1980's Power Man and Iron Fist)

Also, here's the scene of him skipping like a stone:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/8/80103/4904887-iron+fist+-+the+living+weapon+003-021.jpg

Look at the narration, it claims he's bouncing along ice.

But it could be snow or even water, and that would still be about the same as slamming into concrete, considering he was free falling without a parachute.

h1a8
Spider-Man is significantly faster than IF.
The spider sense almost guarantees Spider-Man dodges an attack and counters with a vicious attack.

Spider-Man is significantly stronger. He could ko IF in one or two hits.

This fight is almost spite.

cdtm
^ Didn't look at the above scan, apparently.

DarkSaint85
Skip to 3:47

ZIHF5EoEixc?

Apparently skipping stones across an ice lake sounds weird.

h1a8
^ Didn't look at the above scan, apparently.

Skipping rock? You can skip a toy across an ice lake. That's not a big deal.

Also, are you of the opinion that one showing (specifically the highest) is the exact and equal representation of the power level of a forum character?

cdtm
Originally posted by h1a8
Skipping rock? You can skip a toy across an ice lake. That's not a big deal.

Also, are you of the opinion that one showing (specifically the highest) is the exact and equal representation of the power level of a forum character?

Little bit of a difference between a rock skipping ice and a human skydiver without a 'chute doing it.

Who says that's his highest?

h1a8

cdtm
Skill! laughing out loud

How do you break a fall at terminal velocity into ice??! If Danny's that good, he should be considered Val Armorr level.

What about getting up and fighting with a broken back? That somehow a "skill" feat, too?

Mindset
Why do you even argue with him?

h1a8

h1a8

cdtm
And this?

http://www.comicextra.com/power-man-and-iron-fist-2016/chapter-12/14

http://www.comicextra.com/power-man-and-iron-fist-2016/chapter-12/15

Straight fall from a building, several stories up. Lands with so much force it topples nearby vehicles.

StiltmanFTW
Your second link is broken.

Don't do that again, use https://tinyurl.com/, for ****'s sake.

cdtm
Your second link is broken.

Don't do that again, use https://tinyurl.com/, for ****'s sake.

Fixed.

Nice showing of skill, falling flat on his back.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Mindset
Why do you even argue with him? thumb up

Originally posted by One Big Mob
He also claimed to be able to punch 2-3 times faster than the fastest punch ever recorded. He's full on retarded. Not internet retarded either. I mean someone with downs syndrome who learned how to type well got on a computer and found this site. And his owners let him stay on it so he doesn't direct his tard rages towards them.
I would not be surprised if he was a fully functioning downer. I don't know why you guys have been arguing with him for years, but I think it hilarious that he found this forum(movie vs). Works out better since his captors only have to put on a movie for him so at least he can pretend he knows as much as everyone else. But that little tard itch somewhere in his brain just locks away that full comprehension to him. No matter how many times he watches the movie while sucking on a full stick of butter, there is always a little bit shut out forever. No matter what, he will never fully understand every part in a movie, but by golly do they put a big old goofy tard smile on his face.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

h1a8 in a nutshell, yes.

One Big Mob
People actually argue with him for pages upon pages when they ask him to post any sort of proof of his "maths" in the Movie vs. And he never does. Silent Master and his silent apprentices will literally argue with him about any number h1 says and he will never back it up. Ever.

And here little old naive Cdtm thinks he's going to talk some sense into this black hole of logic? You're going nowhere fast, and you better pack a lunch if you're going to try. You threw a tantrum about how big of a shithead Carver is. You're going against the whole sewer now.

The forum would be better if everyone had h1 on ignore. Everytime I get curious and click a post it's instant regret. Good luck Cd. thumb up

cdtm
Hrrm..

If Superdoom talked with h1..

Anyways, as far as the thread topic, these things always assume a slugfest scenario. Danny punch's, Spidey dodged, Spidey punch's, Danny dies (Or vice versa stick out tongue )

But what if they didn't do that? Danny's charged up the fist for defensive acts before. This one old villain with a super charged sword took a swing at his throat, and he just sat back and let him. Blocked and countered with a nerve strike.

He could probably catch Spidey's fist and crush it, or cause enough pain to inhibit the SS for a quick KO, joint lock (He did it to super Diamondback), or simply toss him against a surface over and over like Black Tarantula did.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
You threw a tantrum about how big of a shithead Carver is. You're going against the whole sewer now.

thumb up

Listen to Bran, cdtm.

h1a8

h1a8

cdtm
Lord Rand caught a sniper round.

And he dodges bullets all the time.

StiltmanFTW
Why do you waste your time?

cdtm
Why do you waste your time?

I'm mostly pimping Danny for everyone else. smile

StiltmanFTW
I'm mostly pimping Danny for everyone else. smile

Just so you know, h1 is not even familiar with the character he's supporting here.

Caught him spewing up bullshit left and right, like when he lied about Green Goblin beginning his career with superhuman physicals.

cdtm
Just so you know, h1 is not even familiar with the character he's supporting here.

Caught him spewing up bullshit left and right, like when he lied about Green Goblin beginning his career with superhuman physicals.

Indeed.

I'd like to see him try and twist the last scans. I'm full of enough beer and nicotine to find it amusing.

h1a8
Lord Rand caught a sniper round.

And he dodges bullets all the time.

The bullet catch is his greatest feat of speed.
I knew of this feat. But remember I said Spider-Man is faster than a bullet. Plus Spider-Man is attacking from a much closer distance than where the bullet was shot from.

Lastly, that's hand movement. Body movement is totally different. Spider-Man can move his entire body faster than a bullet.

h1a8

I always thought GG was superhuman. I never lied. Lying is purposely stating false things in order to deceive. Almost everyone thinks GG started superhuman. I still need to see proof of otherwise.

According to Marvel, the formula grants him superhuman abilities. Even if this was retcon then it still affects his first appearances.

cdtm
The bullet catch is his greatest feat of speed.
I knew of this feat. But remember I said Spider-Man is faster than a bullet. Plus Spider-Man is attacking from a much closer distance than where the bullet was shot from.

Lastly, that's hand movement. Body movement is totally different. Spider-Man can move his entire body faster than a bullet.

Uh huh.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/45351/3822516-2456156297-bulle.jpg

h1a8
Uh huh.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/45351/3822516-2456156297-bulle.jpg

Great feat!
He could possibly beat Spider-Man then (assuming Spider-Man attacks first). So this is not spite. It's now possible.

But also remember that Spidey IS FASTER THAN A BULLET. And Spidey will punch at a much closer distance.

cdtm
He's ducking "between" the paths of bullets. By "inch's".

Looks like moving faster then bullets to me.

h1a8
He's ducking "between" the paths of bullets. By "inch's".

Looks like moving faster then bullets to me.

It takes less speed to dodge something than what the object is moving at. He was also dodging by inches. The bullet moves a larger distance than he moved in the same amount of time. Thus he is moving slower. But still the feat helps him tremendously in this fight.

What also helps Rand is that Spiderman holds back. He's not going to punch will kill intent. Thus his punches will not be faster than a bullet. But he will be much closer. The webbing and SS still gives Spider-Man the edge since battle distance is 0.5km away. Rand would be working his ass off to avoid the webbing. Not sure he could, especially if Spider-Man spams it. If he's hit with webbing then Spider-Man can get free hits before Rand frees himself.

This fight is closer than I thought. Good job!

Vanguard
Bullet timing feats always create controversy. Especially on places like comicvine.

Vanguard

I laughed for some reason, when you pulled his card over this. It must have pissed you off a little.

RealityWarper
Peter destroys Rand.

RealityWarper

h1 isn't familiar with anything.

He only support comic book characters that are voices inside his head...

cdtm
Originally posted by Vanguard
Bullet timing feats always create controversy. Especially on places like comicvine.

Or worse, CBR.

I'm all for weighting feats, but ignoring all other context/narrative any time someone sidesteps a bullet creates absurd scenarios like Lady Shiva getting blitzed to death 100/100 at the bell against Cassandra Cain, who are established peers/equals in the comics.

h1a8
I laughed for some reason, when you pulled his card over this. It must have pissed you off a little. Funny thing is that GG always had superhuman ability. Marvel explains it in the formula he took.

Vanguard
Or worse, CBR.

I'm all for weighting feats, but ignoring all other context/narrative any time someone sidesteps a bullet creates absurd scenarios like Lady Shiva getting blitzed to death 100/100 at the bell against Cassandra Cain, who are established peers/equals in the comics.

I got banned from CBR like two times.

Vanguard
Funny thing is that GG always had superhuman ability. Marvel explains it in the formula he took.

Yea I think you're right.

RealityWarper

CBR is shit. They are retarded.

cdtm

Same here.

Pendy, in my case. I suspect he was a mod sock, the way they went after whoever he pointed them at..

They also had a mass culling, according to former/still current members on another board.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by RealityWarper
h1 isn't familiar with anything.

He only support comic book characters that are voices inside his head...

says the pot

good fight though. id give the nod to rand, he continues to rack up feats that place him firmly in parkers class.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Sin I AM
says the pot

good fight though. id give the nod to rand, he continues to rack up feats that place him firmly in parkers class.

says the pot ? I'm factual

Sin I AM
Originally posted by RealityWarper
says the pot ? I'm factual

not in regards to pet characters. but maybe youre right...let us allow the forum be the judge.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Sin I AM
not in regards to pet characters. but maybe youre right...let us allow the forum be the judge.

Rofl.

You are accusing me of bias when I always support what I am saying. Hilarious.

XLR87T3
Spider-Man still wins, but it wouldn't be as easy as fighting Wolverine.

SamZED
I like you.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
I like you.

*gropes Sam's knee*

You like me better.

SamZED

cdtm
Originally posted by XLR87T3
Spider-Man still wins, but it wouldn't be as easy as fighting Wolverine.

I agree.

That Spidey beats Wolverine about as easily as Danny would.

h1a8
Just curious. Anyone has any scans giving evidence or proof that Danny can free himself of webbing?

DarkSaint85
Just curious. Anyone has any scans giving evidence or proof that Danny can free himself of webbing?

Burning?

https://i.imgur.com/UrcKEUR.jpg

cdtm
Good one. And at obnoxiously large size, no less.

Iron Fist deserves no less. thumb up

There's also this:

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Marvel-Team-Up-1972/Issue-31?id=34649#17

Weaker and chi limited model. Today, he can output chi at will.

DarkSaint85
I hit preview, and was pleased.

h1a8
The burning thing doesn't convince me. His clothes are barely burnt. And webbing >>>>>>>>>>>clothes

The other feat appears to be strength.
I think that's PIS since IF is not a 10 tonner (or unless average webbing then didn't have a tensile strength of 10 tons).

Thanks though.

cdtm
You know Iron Fist can chi empower inanimate objects. right?

Like an arrow, a sword, clothes..

DarkSaint85
Also, why are we using that as proof?

Hulks pants never get destroyed....

Supermutant
The burning thing doesn't convince me. His clothes are barely burnt. And webbing >>>>>>>>>>>clothes

The other feat appears to be strength.
I think that's PIS since IF is not a 10 tonner (or unless average webbing then didn't have a tensile strength of 10 tons).

Thanks though.

Shang Chi has karate chopped thru Peter's webbing so try again. And there's a little something called chi which can augment one's strength.

https://imgur.com/YANJXPh

h1a8

staxamillion
bump

Quick Freeze

StiltmanFTW
Iron Fist is well above street level, too.

Quick Freeze
I guess that's true. And the same is true for Wolverine. I remember when I first started reading/posting is when I realized one seemingly inconsequential attribute takes you to Spider-Man, or even Iron Man level.

StiltmanFTW
Modern Danny is known for much more than his striking power.

Classic was quite limited and had to use IF technique sparingly.

Quick Freeze

cdtm
Classic Danny and Spidey are pretty close, considering Spider-Man was also a lot more limited.

Fisk genuinely beat him down, no "Peter holding back" bs to it. And Shang more then held his own.

Philosophía
Bump.

Alex_Ferrana
Could go either way, but in 90's comics Spidey got the upperhand against Rand even after he used a pressure point strike to paralyze Spidey's shoulder. Then Spidey was distracted by a falling giant part of the roof and rushed to catch it, but in fact he got the upperhand against Danny.

In 70's comics Spidey incapacitated Danny with webbings, though he later broke free with his chi. But still, in fact spidey got the upperhand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.