Donkey Kong vs. Banjo-Kazooie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacred 117
Both will have access to any weapons/abilities they have been known to use. The characters will fight in their primes. DK Island and Spiral Mountain will collide to balance the battlefield, and the fight will progress through mixtures of the different worlds in each game. Who takes this?

TheRusmeister
Personally, I think DK takes this one, With his coconut gun, that fires in spurts.
If he shoots yuh', it's gonna hurt.

Also DK's brute strength and agility seem to just be too much for Banjo.

CosmicComet
Bears > Gorillas.

This is basic science. This is the first thing I learned in my elementary school science lessons.

ScreamPaste
Donkey Kong punched le moon, man. LE MOON.

CosmicComet
That moon was tiny as shit.

Smaller than a small island.

Bears > Gorillas. #Science

ScreamPaste
Punched it RIGHT OUT OF THE SKY.

CosmicComet
It was visible in the sky, despite being very small, meaning it wasn't that far up.

sneer

Bears > Gorillas.

ScreamPaste
Show me a bear replicating DK's feat. uhuh

Sacred 117
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Bears > Gorillas.

This is basic science. This is the first thing I learned in my elementary school science lessons.

Poor choice of words, man. Should this be true (I wouldn't know, but I make no claims to dispute it), I wouldn't use elementary school as an argument. laughing

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Show me a bear replicating DK's feat. uhuh

I can show you a magic Bear beating down Thor, as soon as I can find the scans again.

sneer

Originally posted by Sacred 117
Poor choice of words, man. Should this be true (I wouldn't know, but I make no claims to dispute it), I wouldn't use elementary school as an argument. laughing

http://ragemaker.net/images/thumbs/15.png ...

Sacred 117
I can show you a magic Bear beating down Thor, as soon as I can find the scans again.

Is this bear Banjo by any chance? If not, then it won't matter, because we're talking about him and not some other bear.

CosmicComet
http://ragemaker.net/images/thumbs/15.png ...

Sacred 117
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me. Lol.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Donkey Kong punched le moon, man. LE MOON.

>le

Dramatic Gecko
I know this old but I have to put it out there. Kazooie shoots grenades out of her mouth.

Banjo was in a game with Diddy Kong DIDDIY KONG RACING. He was one of the second biggest character beside the Kremling. And if you've noticed Kremlings are taller than Donkey Kong (although I would never say their heavier or stronger). Banjo would be roughly the same height as Kong I think but not as bulky or strong. But still not far behind.

If it were just Kong and Banjo, Kong would win.

But coupled with Kazooie who shoots eggs, fire eggs, ice eggs, golden eggs, grenade eggs, mine eggs and cuckoo eggs. Plus the ability to fly. Banjo Kazzoie wins.

Plus Banjo beat Conga in the first world who is a gorilla ten times the size of Donkey Kong.

Sorry to revive the thread... I just really like those games.

BloodRain
..punching an island sized moon.

Villelater
if Banjo gets Kazooie i say DK gets diddy's gear to be fair

Sacred 117
Banjo without Kazooie and DK with Diddy's gear would both be CIS. Besides, DK far physically outclasses Banjo from what I can remember, so it's already plenty fair IMO.

Villelater
True but when i think video game versus i just up and ignore feats and just use what characters can do during gameplay

Sacred 117
Without them, you have virtually nothing. They allow us to make comparisons and draw conclusions from them. More often than not, you'll actually take cinematic showings over gameplay. Though consistent gameplay showings are not to discounted.

Villelater
well DK does have 2 more things...A Coconut gun and a leap kick...as for Cinematic's they can be quite misleading...like Halo...chief in cinematic easily kills guys in a gameplay would normally rip you apart at close range there numbers...just one of many examples

Sacred 117
That's my point. If Chief falls from orbit and get right back up a couple of hours later with no damage, no one should be able to beat him to death. Gameplay inconsistency applied for the sake of balance.

Villelater
but what about Cinematic inconsistancy?

Sacred 117
Cinema portrays the character as they really are. Gameplay is obligated to balance the experience, inconsistency or not. Otherwise, video games would be no fun because they would provide no challenge to these otherwise unstoppable peaople. Compare and contrast FF7 (the game) to Advent Children (the movie), or the DMC games to the anime. See the difference?

Villelater
i didn't like Advent Children...and that RPG characters usually got some funny controdiction during plot vs the battle parts but i digress this is a fruitless arguement

Sacred 117
Agreed. We're kinda just restating the same point. Yet again, you basically agreed with me on contradictory showings.

Villelater
Agreed. We're kinda just restating the same point. Yet again, you basically agreed with me on contradictory showings.
well i think Cinematics make the Battle unbalanced...as game Characters i like to pretend they are fighting like in the game...in Cinematic's your Character could be whipping a normally dangerous foe or minutes later the opposite...like in San Andreas...you can Max your Muscle all you want but officer Tenpenny's gut punch will knock you down...or you beat the boss ingame but cinema defeats you

iscaremonkeys
That moon was tiny as shit.

Smaller than a small island.

Bears > Gorillas. #Science scientifically Gorillas rape Bears. Ever seen gorillas fight at the zoo? I have. Banjo dies

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Villelater
well i think Cinematics make the Battle unbalanced...as game Characters i like to pretend they are fighting like in the game...in Cinematic's your Character could be whipping a normally dangerous foe or minutes later the opposite...like in San Andreas...you can Max your Muscle all you want but officer Tenpenny's gut punch will knock you down...or you beat the boss ingame but cinema defeats you

That's what I've been saying. Characters like Dante and Link would otherwise obliterate the world around them without effort. That's just how it is. The possibility of death is programed for the player's sake, so if a made, it's the player's fault, not the character's. Sometimes CIS and PIS are kind of a convoluting issue though.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Plus Banjo beat Conga in the first world who is a gorilla ten times the size of Donkey Kong.

I'm not taking sides here because I haven't yet fully refreshed my memory on Banjo, but Conga doesn't have jack shit on DK. DK's striking power is at least within the pentajoule class as opposed to the featless Conga.

Villelater
well Congo may of been Bigger but...he's had nobody to compete with like DK has...Congo is a boss character with predictable moves and because he's early on weak...DK however is a player that also has upgradable health bar...who has on record the most health? don't know...but DK does got a Super move and Banjo well...doesn't and as there behaviors DK is more aggresive and trains to stay King of the Jungle...Banjo is laid back and Adventures only in emergency

Sacred 117
What are Banjo's greatest feats again?

Dramatic Gecko
Banjo defeated a witch who oblierated a mole. Banjo wins in the WEIRD department. But still we need to factor Kazooie. Who when coupled with banjo makes a Bear with a bird gun that shoots egg shaped grenades. I say in terms of weaponry Banjo wins, in terms of strength DK.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
scientifically Gorillas rape Bears. Ever seen gorillas fight at the zoo? I have. Banjo dies

Bytch get the **** out of here.

Gorilla fights are tame as phuck. All bluff, and some extremely slow pushing and shoving with some teeth glaring that's more threat display than anything practical in defense.

Whereas Bears will take out chunks of each other and knock down mid-sized trees.

Gorillas are the weakest animals of all time. I have personally slayed thousands of them.

Dramatic Gecko

Gorillas are the weakest animals of all time. I have personally slayed thousands of them.

Errr.... How?

NemeBro
CosmicComet likes to pick on gorillas to feel superior, because they are one of the few creatures with a penis smaller than his.

CosmicComet
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdcupMwc61rjymzro1_400.gif

Villelater
So in other words this becomes a battle of Speed and Distance but lets keep in mind all these battles are on the games fields...Coconut gun vs Kazooie's eggs? if DK hides behind something or takes a lookout point how can he use that?

Sacred 117
Gorilla fights are tame as phuck. All bluff, and some extremely slow pushing and shoving with some teeth glaring that's more threat display than anything practical in defense.

Whereas Bears will take out chunks of each other and knock down mid-sized trees.

I guess that's somewhat ecologically enlightening and all, but that pertains to real life and is completely unrelated to the matter at hand. Bears > Gorillas =/= Banjo > DK, which are the specific two under examination.

Dramatic Gecko
I guess that's somewhat ecologically enlightening and all, but that pertains to real life and is completely unrelated to the matter at hand. Bears > Gorillas =/= Banjo > DK, which are the specific two under examination.

BINGO! And I see Dk wrecking Bango hand to hand. And I see the Banjo Kazzooie combo destroying DK by range. Plus Banjo's backpack has supernatural powers or something... it can withstand molten lava...

CosmicComet

Wrong.

The developers (Rare) said they specifically designed Banjo to be superior to any Gorillas.

So even if he may lack the feats, he wins via being Gorilla kryptonite.

Sacred 117
Wrong.

The developers (Rare) said they specifically designed Banjo to be superior to any Gorillas.

So even if he may lack the feats, he wins via being Gorilla kryptonite.

Hmmm... mmm

1. Could you please provide this statement?
2. Could you support this statement with tangible evidence?

Villelater
uhh...ever hear about the old Bull vs Bear arguement? Bull charges and Bear doesn't dodge thus dying from being hit in the heart...stop applying real animals to this

MooCowofJustice
DK had like, friggin' Dragonball level feats in his Jungle Beat game. Did I miss a Banjo and Kazooie game or something?

Not Dragonball Z level mind you, but Dragonball. Short of blowing up the moon, too, of course. I'm pretty sure that even in DKC returns he had some showings of strength that top Banjo. High Strength has been a staple of his since the first arcade game.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Villelater
uhh...ever hear about the old Bull vs Bear arguement? Bull charges and Bear doesn't dodge thus dying from being hit in the heart...stop applying real animals to this

Which, coincidentally, was an actual game mechanic. Lol.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
DK had like, friggin' Dragonball level feats in his Jungle Beat game. Did I miss a Banjo and Kazooie game or something?

Not Dragonball Z level mind you, but Dragonball. Short of blowing up the moon, too, of course.

I've heard this same thing before. Would you be a dear, and please provide some of these? I'm eager to see them.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm pretty sure that even in DKC returns he had some showings of strength that top Banjo. High Strength has been a staple of his since the first arcade game.

You mean like this? (And yes, it has PAUNCH! audio big grin)

LleGVbLHx2w

MooCowofJustice
The Moon is something interesting that I didn't know about. But I mean stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-drBrCVJg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.