Magneto Vs A Celestial*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
Magneto discovers a random nameless Celestial standing in the Savage Land. The Celestial is 5000 ft tall and seemingly dormant as it is communing with other Celestials via hyperspace. Can Magneto incapacitate the Celestial before it becomes active? If not, can Magneto do enough damage so that when the Celestial does become active he can still press his advantage.

For this thread Magneto has 10 minutes to cut loose on the Celestial before it notices his presence and retaliates.

Discuss.

WhiteWitchKing
No. Magneto might die because the Celestial's body auto blast him.

Galan007
What if Mags creates space-bullets(similar to the one Kitty was trapped in) out of the earth's supply of adamantium, then accelerates them to near-light speeds before dropping them on the Celestial's dome-piece..?

yaadaveyaa
if he gets access to the materials he needs he could do some real damage i dont think he can take it down tho

Cogito
If Magneto can make a dent it'd really demonstrate how far Celestials have fallen

zopzop
They're multiversal beings. Even if he decapitates one of their aspects there's an infinite number more out there. If the Celestial cared about killing Magneto, he'd be vaporized in an instant.

And phuckin' Marvel is all over the place with the Celestials anyway. At this point, the best thing to do is just kill them all off, wait a few years and reboot them.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Magneto discovers a random nameless Celestial standing in the Savage Land. The Celestial is 5000 ft tall and seemingly dormant as it is communing with other Celestials via hyperspace. Can Magneto incapacitate the Celestial before it becomes active? If not, can Magneto do enough damage so that when the Celestial does become active he can still press his advantage.

For this thread Magneto has 10 minutes to cut loose on the Celestial before it notices his presence and retaliates.

Discuss.
true, but this literally made me LOL.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Galan007
What if Mags creates space-bullets(similar to the one Kitty was trapped in) out of the earth's supply of adamantium, then accelerates them to near-light speeds before dropping them on the Celestial's dome-piece..?
Unless you're backhandedly implying that Magneto can channel some sort of weakness exploitation in these gargantuan "space-bullets" like Sue's forcefields or Jarnbjorn's enchantment, then I simply don't see how he'll be able to inflict sufficient damage to kill or permanently incapacitate the Celestial.

Anyways, for the purposes of this thread, Magneto can indeed manipulate the armor of an immobile Celestial that's unaware of what's happening to itself. And yes, I am serious when I say that, because it's happened on-panel with one of the most powerful Celestials known in canon. I am talking to you, Cogito. Celestials haven't "fallen" anywhere, it's just that Marvel editorial can simply not decide where they fall in the cosmological hierarchy. They go from getting killed by random entropy guns and enchanted axes in some particular comics to staggering Galactus-level universal reality warpers and being multiversal entities in other comics.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Unless you're backhandedly implying that Magneto can channel some sort of weakness exploitation in these gargantuan "space-bullets" like Sue's forcefields or Jarnbjorn's enchantment, then I simply don't see how he'll be able to inflict sufficient damage to kill or permanently incapacitate the Celestial. What's with you?

I posed a simple/up-front question in plain English. I wasn't "backhandedly implying" anything. Just wondering if a giant space-bullet traveling at c could cause any damage to a no-name Celestial. That is literally all I asked. srsly

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
They're multiversal beings. Even if he decapitates one of their aspects there's an infinite number more out there.
You're still confusing Pak's portrayal, aren't you? The Celestials don't have any individual aspects, such that all the Arishems of parallel universes are merely bits and pieces of one true Arishem.

No, that's not what that scan says. Arishem, Tiamut, Ziran, Tefral, Nezzar, Ashema etc. all ARE the aspects one true Celestial that is linked across the multiverse.

Let me explain it this way: imagine that you're Earth-616 zopzop. Naturally you would have a counterpart in Earth-12495, who, for the purposes of this example, shall be called flopflop. That's what the Celestials are to each other, according to Pak. Tiamut is like the alternate reality counterpart of Ziran, and all Celestials represent one single original Celestial that exists across the multiverse. Got it now?

Merlyn
What's with you?

I posed a simple/up-front question in plain English. I wasn't "backhandedly implying" anything. Just wondering if a giant space-bullet traveling at c could cause any damage to a no-name Celestial. That is literally all I asked. srsly If a hammer strike from Thor can damage a Celestial, then of course a few thousand pound(?) adamantium bullet moving at light speed could damage one. To what extent is hard to say though.

TheGodKiller
What's with you?

I posed a simple/up-front question in plain English. I wasn't "backhandedly implying" anything. Just wondering if a giant space-bullet traveling at c could cause any damage to a no-name Celestial. That is literally all I asked. srsly
I swear on my dead great-great...-great-grandfather's grave, there was no hostility intended in that post.

I asked an honest-to-god(that I don't believe in) question. No need to get defensive, duder.

zopzop
Tiamut is like the alternate reality counterpart of Ziran, and all Celestials represent one single original Celestial that exists across the multiverse. Got it now?
Yes, the Celestials are multiversal. I get it. Next......

TheGodKiller
Yes, the Celestials are multiversal. I get it. Next......
Which means that Tiamut getting killed is Tiamut getting killed. Tiamut doesn't automatically remain alive, simply because he's the analogue of an alternate reality counterpart for other Celestials.

If someone kills Earht-616 zopzop while Earth-12495 flopflop remains alive, then that doesn't mean that Earth-616 zopzop is also still alive. See where I am getting at?

zopzop
Which means that Tiamut getting killed is Tiamut getting killed. Tiamut doesn't automatically remain alive, simply because he's the analogue of an alternate reality counterpart for other Celestials.

If someone kills Earht-616 zopzop while Earth-12495 flopflop remains alive, then that doesn't mean that Earth-616 zopzop is also still alive. See where I am getting at?
But he's not dead because he's merely a part of a greater whole. There really is no Tiamut or Ziran or whatever. They are merely aspects of a greater being.

Celestials are multiversal.

carver9
I guess people forgot about Magneto recent showing against a Celestial?

JakeTheBank
Where he acted as a nervous system for it or whatever?

carver9
When he forcefully put one back together with ease.

Galan007
Originally posted by Merlyn
If a hammer strike from Thor can damage a Celestial, then of course a few thousand pound(?) adamantium bullet moving at light speed could damage one. To what extent is hard to say though. That's kind of what I was thinking as well.

I swear on my dead great-great...-great-grandfather's grave, there was no hostility intended in that post.

I asked an honest-to-god(that I don't believe in) question. No need to get defensive, duder. laughing out loud I believe you, then.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by carver9
When he forcefully put one back together with ease.
That Celestial was in Mr Sinister's control, and Mr Sinister himself was actively warping reality in some other place. Magneto put back a Celestial that didn't even know what Magneto was doing.

TheGodKiller
But he's not dead because he's merely a part of a greater whole. There really is no Tiamut or Ziran or whatever. They are merely aspects of a greater being.

Celestials are multiversal.
Which is retarded to say the least. However, considering it's coming from you, that's not much of surprise there.

He's a microscopic unit of a greater being, and if he gets killed then he IS dead. Irrespective of whether said greater being is alive or dead at the moment.

If one of my my white blood cells gets killed, then that cell is dead. Irrespective of whether I am alive or dead at the moment.

zopzop
Which is retarded to say the least. However, considering it's coming from you, that's not much of surprise there.

He's a microscopic unit of a greater being, and if he gets killed then he IS dead. Irrespective of whether said greater being is alive or dead at the moment.

If one of my my white blood cells gets killed, then that cell is dead. Irrespective of whether I am alive or dead at the moment.
Do your white blood cells share a single consciousness with you (ie you are aware of what they are doing and you consciously pass information to them)? No right?

Celestials are multiversal :

Oh I got it perfectly. According to you, in reality there is no Tiamut or Arishem, they are all merely just aspects of a "Prime" Celestial. So you never really "beat" any of "them" unless you defeat the Prime Celestial. That's like saying by destroying one of your white blood cells, I beat you.

And even that's not a perfect analogy because I didn't really destroy anything, since it wasn't even a thing in and of itself, merely an ASPECT of a greater whole.

operator616
celestial, without a doubt.

TheGodKiller
Do your white blood cells share a single consciousness with you (ie you are aware of what they are doing and you consciously pass information to them)? No right?

Celestials are multiversal :

Oh I got it perfectly. According to you, in reality there is no Tiamut or Arishem, they are all merely just aspects of a "Prime" Celestial. So you never really "beat" any of "them" unless you defeat the Prime Celestial. That's like saying by destroying one of your white blood cells, I beat you.

And even that's not a perfect analogy because I didn't really destroy anything, since it wasn't even a thing in and of itself, merely an ASPECT of a greater whole.
No, but it shares my DNA with me, which is more or less as fundamental to my being. And anyway, where did you get the idea that Tiamut's mind is stored in this multiversal super-Celestial?

Not according to me, according to Pak. And Pak's personal theories will probably end up getting ignored or retconned in the next main event type story that involves Celestials.

Exactly. If you destroy one of my WBCs, you don't beat me, you beat only that particular WBC. Which is what happened to Tiamut at the hands of the Exterminator.

Since that aspect is dead, that means it is dead. If the greater overall whole of which said aspect is a part of is still alive, that doesn't somehow mean that said aspect also remains alive. Tiamut is dead means Tiamut is dead.

golem370
If he could create a singularity he may be able to bfr the Celestial

h1a8
celestial shells are not indestructible. Not even close. I would say they are under adamantium in durability against physical force.
If Thor can hit a small hole in one then of course an adamantium bullet traveling at great speed can too.

golem370
Thor cracking his armor and attacking his brain hurt but then he got owned and Exitar didn't even acknowledge him until then.

h1a8
Originally posted by golem370
Thor cracking his armor and attacking his brain hurt but then he got owned and Exitar didn't even acknowledge him until then.

Im not saying Mags will win but does he have a chance to damage the shell? I say yes.

golem370
Can he find and use adamantium with in 10minutes

h1a8
Can he find and use adamantium with in 10minutes yes, he can smell (sense) metal better than wolverine can smell morph

guy222
Celestial. I weally wish Marvel would depict em properly

Endless Mike
Depends if he can access hyperspace

golem370
Does he even know about Hyperspace.

Endless Mike
I would think he does, he is a genius scientist which is often overlooked when talking about him

golem370
I don't think so

guy222
Exactly

I don't think so he is a superscientist and hyperspace is common knowledge of not just scientific geniuses, but spacetravelers in marvel, he's both. space warping feats arent in his average repertoir, alhtoug he has at least one.

he can manipulate the celestial's body as OP states it'll remain unaware for 10 minutes. it probably wont die and will reform immediately after awakening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.