Ms. Marvel vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/auto/r/786x0/1/b/1b733-Ms_Marvel_01.jpg

vs

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt4axsZpOq1qao7jyo1_500.jpg

New 52 Aquaman. No oceans or any source of water on the battlefield. Who wins?

janus77
Ms. Marvel... just because!

zopzop
AM via Trident to the cooch.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Aquaman has a shot with the trident but with her flight, speed and long range attacks? She wins imho. This is one of those fights where telepathy would be more useful then strength.

-Pr-
Carol, but give it six months or a year, and the answer might be different given Aquaman's progression.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
Carol, but give it six months or a year, and the answer might be different given Aquaman's progression.
Arthur makes her work for it due to strength advantage and his trident gives him chances for one shots. Carol for now because of flight and ranged.

Seriously though they should allow for the trident to manipulate water/moisture for increased long ranged capability. Nothing too powerful, but something that can give him more dimension. Please no tp preboot style. Maybe limited tp, but nothing too overpowered offensively. It would make him cheesy.

-Pr-
How would giving him his previous level of telepathy make him cheesy?

If they give him hydrokinesis, it makes Mera redundant.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Aquaman is stronger. Not after the last few years.

celeyhyga17
How would giving him his previous level of telepathy make him cheesy?

If they give him hydrokinesis, it makes Mera redundant.
Tp? Bleh.. He's supposed to be a bad@$$ lord of the seas. Limited tp is fine for defense and some communication or maybe even empathy. Tp is sooo boring. I'd rather him beat someone physically warrior style.

Nah nothing like Mera. Definitely not to that extent. I'm talkin more defined abilities like water lances or water shield.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Aquaman is stronger. Not after the last few years. He just threw an atomic sub from the bottom of the sea straight through the water's surface.

Golgo13
If its strength vs strength, carol wins, but if aquaman can use tp, he wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Tp? Bleh.. He's supposed to be a bad@$$ lord of the seas. Limited tp is fine for defense and some communication or maybe even empathy. Tp is sooo boring. I'd rather him beat someone physically warrior style.

Nah nothing like Mera. Definitely not to that extent. I'm talkin more defined abilities like water lances or water shield.

you don't think commanding an army of creatures that most people believe only exist in their nightmares, isn't badass? I honestly like aquaman winning fights physically, but the way his telepathy was used pre-reboot was awesome. his very will made manifest. I don't mind him using telepathy when the situation calls for it, and the way it was shown preboot was different from most heroes, so I liked it more.

young justice style?

celeyhyga17
you don't think commanding an army of creatures that most people believe only exist in their nightmares, isn't badass? I honestly like aquaman winning fights physically, but the way his telepathy was used pre-reboot was awesome. his very will made manifest. I don't mind him using telepathy when the situation calls for it, and the way it was shown preboot was different from most heroes, so I liked it more.

young justice style?
Marine telepathy is fine. He is lord of the seas after all... But when he starts affecting creatures that live around water or creatures "evolved" from marine life (ie). humans, that gets so bleh..

-Pr-
Marine telepathy is fine. He is lord of the seas after all... But when he starts affecting creatures that live around water or creatures "evolved" from marine life (ie). humans, that gets so bleh..

Why? Just curious...

celeyhyga17
Why? Just curious...
Dunno really. Doesn't sit well with me. Always disliked how he tp birds to do his bidding. I'm like, hey that should be Hawkman's thing...

mad

-Pr-
Dunno really. Doesn't sit well with me. Always disliked how he tp birds to do his bidding. I'm like, hey that should be Hawkman's thing...

mad

laughing out loud

Okay, so not birds. What about his little trick against the White Martians? Or the other aliens? Or the AI? Or even Kordax?

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Okay, so not birds. What about his little trick against the White Martians? Or the other aliens? Or the AI? Or even Kordax? not a fan.
might as well be mainly a tp guy. just doesn't seem warrior sea king like to me.

-Pr-
not a fan.
might as well be mainly a tp guy. just doesn't seem warrior sea king like to me.

As long as he's mainly a h2h/melee fighter, I don't mind him using his telepathy to augment it. Like when he fought Despero, for example.

celeyhyga17
As long as he's mainly a h2h/melee fighter, I don't mind him using his telepathy to augment it. Like when he fought Despero, for example.
No!! Please no tp beyond marine life.

Give him defined water abilities through his lance!!!

-Pr-
No!! Please no tp beyond marine life.

Give him defined water abilities through his lance!!!

laughing out loud

I don't want him to have water abilities. He had those with the water hand, and they were cool and all, but I feel it would ruin him as a melee fighter unless he solely kept to things like shields and the like.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

I don't want him to have water abilities. He had those with the water hand, and they were cool and all, but I feel it would ruin him as a melee fighter unless he solely kept to things like shields and the like.
No way. It's to supplement his melee. Thor has like a bajillion ranged attacks, but 9 times out of 10 he'll be pounding yon hammer at someone's face.

It'd be nice to pull ranged water attacks every now and then. Shoot down flyers like that ahole Namor! But like I says, nothing like molding all types of water shapes a la Mera. That'd be unwarrior like.

stick out tongue

-Pr-
No way. It's to supplement his melee. Thor has like a bajillion ranged attacks, but 9 times out of 10 he'll be pounding yon hammer at someone's face.

It'd be nice to pull ranged water attacks every now and then. Shoot down flyers like that ahole Namor! But like I says, nothing like molding all types of water shapes a la Mera. That'd be unwarrior like.

stick out tongue

lol.

In the writing tournament, I have aquaman using his telepathy at times, but I still primarily treat him as a melee fighter. agree to disagree.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He just threw an atomic sub from the bottom of the sea straight through the water's surface.

Carol has gone toe to toe with people like Simon at base. If she gets a big boost of energy, then even Elites should probably avoid getting hit from what I've seen.

And in AvX, she went Binary on a whim by tapping into the white hole of a Universe or whatever. That shit was crazy.

comicfan11
AQ can take this if he jumps Carol with the Trident but her long range attacks and flight should hive her an advantage.

I'll say if he can tank her ranged attacks and she goes melee he will take it.
If her blasts are enough for a KO she takes it.

Also although I prefer as a fast melee warrior I wouldn't mind him having some sort of water manip through the trident (even if it's less defined than Mera's). Make's sense thematically and he already had that ability before.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s709.photobucket.com/user/Strangerinthenight/media/Newer/SecretAvengers-Zone011.jpg.html
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/SecretAvengers-Zone012.jpg

This was what I was talking about, she went Binary on a whim.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s709.photobucket.com/user/Strangerinthenight/media/Newer/SecretAvengers-Zone011.jpg.html
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/SecretAvengers-Zone012.jpg

This was what I was talking about, she went Binary on a whim.
Then this thread would be Binary vs Aquaman.

Going back to the strength point, what has she done that puts her above?

abhilegend
Arthur ****s her.

h1a8
am loses without trident and tp
am wins with trident
idk who wins if am uses tp without trident

-Pr-
Aquaman has almost no telepathy feats post reboot.

h1a8
Aquaman has almost no telepathy feats post reboot. yup that's why I said IDK. We need to see more AM to really make a good decision here. I hope they display some of his tp ability in the near future though.

celeyhyga17
Aquaman has almost no telepathy feats post reboot.
Not affecting humanoids, but he has been shown influencing marine life.

He better not start mind flarking humans. shifty

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
yup that's why I said IDK. We need to see more AM to really make a good decision here. I hope they display some of his tp ability in the near future though.

Same.

Not affecting humanoids, but he has been shown influencing marine life.

He better not start mind flarking humans. shifty

A little bit, yeah, but not as much as he usually does.

We know he can use his telepathy on humans, but so far we haven't seen him really use it offensively.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.