Thor Vs Mr. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Who is stronger between Thor and Majestic?

pym-ftw
Probably roughly equals

Slight, slight edge to Thor maybe if forced to pick

carver9
Here we go again. Why Thor and Surfer? Why man?

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Probably roughly equals

Slight, slight edge to Thor maybe if forced to pick
Why, if I may ask. Majestic has moved planets. Thor has no feats like that.Originally posted by carver9
Here we go again. Why Thor and Surfer? Why man?
facepalm

carver9
Majestics is one of the only Herald that has soloed and suceeded at moving a planet. A lot have tried and all have failed. With that said, I would mark Majestics minus Hulk as the strongest Herald.

Golgo13
Edge to Majestic.

pym-ftw
The Kang feat jumps to mind, granted it was only half a planet but he accomplished with such apparent ease.

But I'm generally of the opinion that Majestic should always have the better feats of strength, Thor should use his other abilities to accomplish the same task.

Unless he was to lose Mjoinir/some abilities for an extended time

Rage.Of.Olympus
Split but Thor if I had to pick. Both have high end strength showings but Thor's more established and when push comes to shove, has some feats that impress me more. Not talking about stuff like moving planets, although his high end feats are at least on par there as well. Thor's harder to judge than other characters because of how often he uses Mjolnir however. Then again, we never seem to take into account flight with certain Superman-like characters, funny how that works.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Why, if I may ask. Majestic has moved planets. Thor has no feats like that.

You claimed that you never bring up space cheese feats to prove who's stronger unless someone does so first, your own words not too long ago. I find it interesting how you jump from using relative showings to who's lifted more weight from thread to thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Majestics is one of the only Herald that has soloed and suceeded at moving a planet. A lot have tried and all have failed. With that said, I would mark Majestics minus Hulk as the strongest Herald.
laughing out loud

Now you stroke majestic? You flip-flop more than zopzop.Originally posted by pym-ftw
The Kang feat jumps to mind, granted it was only half a planet but he accomplished with such apparent ease.

But I'm generally of the opinion that Majestic should always have the better feats of strength, Thor should use his other abilities to accomplish the same task.

Unless he was to lose Mjoinir/some abilities for an extended time
Half a planet is good but not good enough.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Split but Thor if I had to pick. Both have high end strength showings but Thor's more established and when push comes to shove, has some feats that impress me more. Not talking about stuff like moving planets, although his high end feats are at least on par there as well. Thor's harder to judge than other characters because of how often he uses Mjolnir however. Then again, we never seem to take into account flight with certain Superman-like characters, funny how that works.

You claimed that you never bring up space cheese feats to prove who's stronger unless someone does so first, your own words not too long ago. I find it interesting how you jump from using relative showings to who's lifted more weight from thread to thread.
Really? What's your reasoning about choosing Thor? Also mjolnir enhances Thor's striking power, there is no proof that flight enhances Majestic's strength. In comics, flight doesn't add in lifting or pushing as illogical it may seem.

The problem with Majestic is that he has nearly no relative strength feat with an established character from DC, so I had to rely on his space cheese.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really? What's your reasoning about choosing Thor?

The problem with Majestic is that he has nearly no relative strength feat with an established character from DC, so I had to rely on his space cheese.

I just explained.

Then Majestic has my sympathies but not really our problem is it? Besides, Thor's are better anyways.

Also, there's a definitive pattern as to how you approach a thread when it suits you. Another example: I said Thor was superior in the Wonder Woman thread, and you brought her up moving the Earth with the JLA. I can quote you if you'd like. smile

So which is it? Are you a liar, or just inconsistent?

Golgo13
This is an awesome respect thread for Majestic.

http://www.comicvine.com/mr-majestic/4005-21972/forums/mr-majestic-capability-thread-626409/

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I just explained.

Then Majestic has my sympathies but not really our problem is it? Besides, Thor's are better anyways.

Also, there's a definitive pattern as to how you approach a thread when it suits you. Another example: I said Thor was superior in the Wonder Woman thread, and you brought her up moving the Earth with the JLA. I can quote you if you'd like. smile

So which is it? Are you a liar, or just inconsistent?
Where?

Really? Where was Thor moving a planet or anything comparable without mjolnir?

Incorrect. I brought up relative showings in response to you. I only brought up her helping move earth when people posted about Thor tanking the weight of half a planet.

Neither of the two.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where?

Really? Where was Thor moving a planet or anything comparable without mjolnir?

Incorrect. I brought up relative showings in response to you. I only brought up her helping move earth when people posted about Thor tanking the weight of half a planet.

Neither of the two.

My very first post.

Lifting the World Engine, overpowering infinite gravity, closing dimensions, producing the force to knock a planet out of orbit with Hercules etc. You know all the feats, and I know you're either going to dismiss them as unquantifiable (As opposed to moving a planet in an undisclosed amount of time) or something similarly silly. Why play this game? Just make your point clear and save us time. God, you're transparent.

Liar, liar, pants on fire (That feat hadn't even been brought up):
Thor wins, clearly noticeably stronger.
Prove it. Any feat rivaling a weakened diana helping to move earth?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=580358&pagenumber=3

carver9
laughing out loud

Now you stroke majestic? You flip-flop more than zopzop.
Half a planet is good but not good enough.
Really? What's your reasoning about choosing Thor? Also mjolnir enhances Thor's striking power, there is no proof that flight enhances Majestic's strength. In comics, flight doesn't add in lifting or pushing as illogical it may seem.

I was being sarcastic. mad

Rage.Of.Olympus
Also mjolnir enhances Thor's striking power, there is no proof that flight enhances Majestic's strength. In comics, flight doesn't add in lifting or pushing as illogical it may seem.

Missed this. Some writers consider Mjolnir to just be a substitute for Thor's strength, even used to measure it such as the time against Gladiator. Just as it's clear that writers don't usually consider flight as an assistant in moving things when even flying. So I'm curious why you're so keen to accept one, but not the other.

abhilegend
My very first post. Its not an explanation.

Unquanfifiable, Hyperbole., Unquantifiable., Hyperbole and far less than Majestic moving a planet. You know they are unquantifiable and hyperbolic and still discuss them? What are you talking about? Look who is talking.

You honestly block things you don't want to see. Thor and Hercules' "moving" planet was already brought up.

abhilegend
Missed this. Some writers consider Mjolnir to just be a substitute for Thor's strength, even used to measure it such as the time against Gladiator. Just as it's clear that writers don't usually consider flight as an assistant in moving things when even flying. So I'm curious why you're so keen to accept one, but not the other.
No writer has ever portrayed mjolnir that way AFAIK. Your interpretations aside.Originally posted by carver9
I was being sarcastic. mad
Well, I was not.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its not an explanation.

Unquanfifiable, Hyperbole., Unquantifiable., Hyperbole and far less than Majestic moving a planet. You know they are unquantifiable and hyperbolic and still discuss them? What are you talking about? Look who is talking.

You're literally choosing to ignore any feat that doesn't suit you. For example: Thor moves the World Engine, something powered by the World Tree itself, rewinding time itself and it's less impressive then moving a planet because it's unquantifiable? This is why no one takes you seriously.

Anyone can be unreasonable. As far as I'm concerned, all of Majestic's feats are unquantifiable. Especially since you can't prove flight didn't assist in the process.

You honestly block things you don't want to see. Thor and Hercules' "moving" planet was already brought up.

You said:
Thor tanking the weight of half a planet.
And I never even brought that up. As a matter of fact, the entire post you quoted was about relative strength.

No writer has ever portrayed mjolnir that way AFAIK. Your interpretations aside.
Well, I was not.

Not true. I can post scans of Thor putting away Mjolnir and beating the shit out of beings who withstood Mjolnir. Thor literally hit Gladiator with Mjolnir and you know what he said? That Thor's strength is on par with his own:
http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/R-O-O/media/Thor/ThorvsGladiator3.jpg.html
http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/R-O-O/media/Thor/ThorvsGladiator4.jpg.html

So yea, gtfo.

abhilegend
You're literally choosing to ignore any feat that doesn't suit you. Am I? I dismissed that because its not quantifiable. The only given scan of World tree shows its not even as big as earth. Really?

Lawlz.

Then I mistook you for someone else. Stuff like that happens.

That proves what exactly? Mjolnir shots have no effects on them? Thor's bare fists>Mjolnir now. Make up your mind. Added striking power of mjolnir was non-existent here, right? Of course Gladiator felt only the strength of Thor's fists and not the nearly indestructible uru hammer thor was swinging?

Someday rage, someone might be stupid enough to believe this BS you're spouting. Not today sadly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Am I? I dismissed that because its not quantifiable. The only given scan of World tree shows its not even as big as earth. Really?

Lawlz.

Yup. The World Tree isn't potent due to it's size, it's the Cosmic Axis of the Multiverse, it holds creation together (Like Atlas does for the Olympians). And Thor did it while weakened. He spun the engine, reversing time and Ragnarok, overpowering the tree's will. Definitely not more impressive then moving a planet because we can't attach a number to it.

Prove it then.

Then I mistook you for someone else. Stuff like that happens.

That proves what exactly? Mjolnir shots have no effects on them? Thor's bare fists>Mjolnir now. Make up your mind. Added striking power of mjolnir was non-existent here, right?

Someday rage, someone might be stupid enough to believe this BS you're spouting. Not today sadly.

Yes, stuff like previous quotes, and what you meant clearly aren't important. Who cares what we proclaim our stance is right? I should just flip flop my stance from thread to thread like you seem to do.

If you think Thor's bare fist > Mjolnir that's your prerogative. I'm simply pointing out that Mjolnir = Thor's fists has been shown to be the case in comics as stupid, illogical, and nonsensical as that may appear. Because, it's comics. You think a strawman will change that?

That's my point, he hit Gladiator with a spinning Mjolnir hit and the writer used it to portray conclusive strength equality, supporting my previous point.

I'd challenge you to a battle zone of Majestic vs. Thor to see how confident you are in a place where you can't troll nonstop but you'd decline.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I also find it hilarious how you want to rely on space cheese feats because Majestic has no relative strength showings with established characters but choose to ignore Thor's space cheese feats because they have no specific number dismissing them as unquantifiable (I'd love to see you quantify Majestic's feats btw). Despite knowing full well that Thor's not a character known for that sort of thing. I.e. let's use space cheese feats only to a certain point where it only favors one side.

I thought we had mods to prevent obvious trolling? I move we make Quan a mod, he should clean this place right up. And hang Bada, just because.

TheGodKiller
While I don't agree that the World Engine feat is necessarily quantifiable, I also disagree that most of Thor's high-end feats should simply be dismissed away as hyperbole.

Anyways, as far as this thread goes, my vote goes to Majestic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's definitely not quantifiable (If I gave the impression that this was my argument, I apologize, it's late or early I should say), it's a true over the top comic book hyper feat. I just dislike feats being dismissed as unquantifiable, and hyperbole because it's less realistic then...moving a planet.

I might as well vote for Majestic too if we're going to ignore Thor's high end feats. Of course Thor's resisted the weight of half a planet easily, overpowered gravity akin to a Neutron Star and other shit but I bet it's all hyperbole as well.

Fair enough, personally I still vote for Thor if we had to pick one (No surprise there though) as I see no reason why Majestic would be superior as Thor can match him in space cheese and has other relative feats to fall back on that Majestros doesn't. Iyo of course.

abhilegend
Yup. The World Tree isn't potent due to it's size, it's the Cosmic Axis of the Multiverse, it holds creation together (Like Atlas does for the Olympians). It is a cosmic axis for nine realms which are actually pocket dimensions. Here is its actual size as shown on panel and not speculation or something.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16176397_yggdrasilweight_zps4e11605e.png

Impressive isn't it? FYI, Ragnarok is a simple Asgard related phenomena and not multiversal.
Just proved.

stick out tongue

You can believe whatever you want.

That's what you implied. Show me a single statement about it. Heck even an allusion would be suffice too. Haha.

Not really. Gladiator thought to himself about striking power of thor and concluded that he was nearly as strong as he was. If thor had punched him then hammered him, your point would've been supported.

I like how anything opposing your views is just trolling. Very cute.

abhilegend
I also find it hilarious how you want to rely on space cheese feats because Majestic has no relative strength showings with established characters but choose to ignore Thor's space cheese feats because they have no specific number dismissing them as unquantifiable (I'd love to see you quantify Majestic's feats btw). Despite knowing full well that Thor's not a character known for that sort of thing. I.e. let's use space cheese feats only to a certain point where it only favors one side.

I thought we had mods to prevent obvious trolling? I move we make Quan a mod, he should clean this place right up. And hang Bada, just because.
Why is it hilarious? Not my fault that nearly all of Thor's feats are hyperbolic in nature due to the nature of the writing at the time.

snowdragon
PPL like Thor and Superman have so many showings in their tier it's hard to overcome.

That said with Majestic's showings I would say they are close but Majestic>Thor, which doesnt mean he would throw Thor around just my perspective on relative strength.

Khazra Reborn
Majestros not only solo moved a planet (one being Jupiter) he moved a solidified star from one solar system to the other. That IMO is one of the best herald level quantifiable strength feats.

It is true, Maj doesn't have many run ins with non WS characters, but the ones he has are pretty impressive. He worked over Captain Atom without a ton of trouble, beat The Eradicator, and later (via wits) took him down in Fortess mode. And during his encounter with Superman they seemed relatively even across the board, and considered one another to be peers.

Based on the encounter with Superman alone, I would say that's enough to put him above Thor in strength, but physical might is obviously not Thor's only option.

This one could go either way IMO, and if Thor uses his power set effectively, I think it would go 50/50 split. A physical encounter would go to Mr. Majestic.

JakeTheBank
lol

Smh @ thread.

Raisen
Abhi ruins threads. just ruins them.
Carver, where did you get that sig? I want one just like that but with Hulk riding reverse cowgirl

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by Raisen
Carver, where did you get that sig? I want one just like that but with Hulk riding reverse cowgirl

Just because you disagree with his pov and he doesn't drink the Kool aid doesn't mean he ruins threads ; I disagree with you.

SevenShackles
I'd say Majestic is consistently stronger than Thor but Thor rises to the occasion often enough to make this a good debate.

carver9
Originally posted by Raisen

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
It is a cosmic axis for nine realms which are actually pocket dimensions. Here is its actual size as shown on panel and not speculation or something.

Impressive isn't it? FYI, Ragnarok is a simple Asgard related phenomena and not multiversal.

laughing out loud

Yggrdasil is the Axis Mundi or Cosmic Axis; it exists in all planes of reality, connects all the worlds and it holds the cosmos together.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WorldTree7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/RagnarokThor73.jpg

Tampering and unleashing its power literally warps all of reality, and if not careful it can destroy all of creation.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WorldTree1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WorldTree3.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WorldTree4.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/WorldTree5.jpg

The Cosmic Axis also connects to not only the Nine Worlds but a much larger Metaverse structrue:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179149_Thor_615_003.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179150_Thor616-014-015.jpg

The feat was impressive because the World Tree is powerful. For something a bit more recent, the entire Galactus arc as about the World Seed, that will bloom and create the next cycle of creation as everything ends, it's power is unending:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16179241_The_Mighty_Thor_2_014-15.jpghttp://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16179236_MightyThor03-014-015.jpghttp://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16179238_MightyThor03-016-017.jpg

Also note that Asgard and all the Nine Worlds are the hearts of their own fully formed Universes like Earth is for the 616, Asgard's is known as Asgard-Space as of Fraction.The Tenth World came from their own Universe which was suffering Entropic Death:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179151_Thor616-016-017.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179152_Thor616-020-021.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179153_Thor616-022-023.jpg

The feat was never impressive because the World Tree is big, it was impressive because the World Tree is powerful. Also, the World Tree is infinitely big, it spans all of space/time, what we see is just a visual representation. For example:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16179239/The_Mighty_Thor_1_013-14.jpg.html

Now, us knowing all of this, knowing that the World Tree is the heart of pretty much creation, Thor still overpowers it's will:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine4.jpg

Fyi, it would have been the end of the world, and not just Asgard, the entire point was to create post-human Godlings in the aftermath. Whether that mean's Earth and the Universe it resides in, is up for debate.

Should have stuck to ignoring the feat instead of trying to lowball it as that requires actually discussing it.

Just proved.

stick out tongue

Are you going to prove it or not?

You can believe whatever you want.

That's what you implied.

I have evidence, you can't make that evidence disappear simply by creating a straw man. Thor's fists have shown to rival Mjolnir, he was very prone to putting away the hammer and beating the shit out of an opponent over the years.

Show me a single statement about it. Heck even an allusion would be suffice too. Haha.

So, I'm guessing the Prime/Conner thing is over yes?

Not really. Gladiator thought to himself about striking power of thor and concluded that he was nearly as strong as he was. If thor had punched him then hammered him, your point would've been supported.

What? That's a lie, do so again and I'm tempted to report you. Gladiator said, specifically, that Thor was his equal in strength after being hit by Mjolnir:

There was no caveat about striking power, or that Thor was only nearly as strong as him. What? If Thor had punched him, that would probably disprove my point as we had no idea what the writer was using as his measuring stick but here to come to the conclusion of strength equality, Thor's hammer strike was used. As if it was a punch.

I like how anything opposing your views is just trolling. Very cute.

Figured it would be a no.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I'd say Majestic is consistently stronger than Thor but Thor rises to the occasion often enough to make this a good debate.

Hmm, how is Majestic consistently stronger then Thor?

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Majestros not only solo moved a planet (one being Jupiter) he moved a solidified star from one solar system to the other. That IMO is one of the best herald level quantifiable strength feats.

It is true, Maj doesn't have many run ins with non WS characters, but the ones he has are pretty impressive. He worked over Captain Atom without a ton of trouble, beat The Eradicator, and later (via wits) took him down in Fortess mode. And during his encounter with Superman they seemed relatively even across the board, and considered one another to be peers.

Based on the encounter with Superman alone, I would say that's enough to put him above Thor in strength, but physical might is obviously not Thor's only option.

This one could go either way IMO, and if Thor uses his power set effectively, I think it would go 50/50 split. A physical encounter would go to Mr. Majestic.

Wait, Majestic fought Superman? When? I know they had a fight as Superman Blue but nothing there indicates superiority to Thor strength wise (Most of it was off panel even).

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud

Yggrdasil is the Axis Mundi or Cosmic Axis; it exists in all planes of reality, connects all the worlds and it holds the cosmos together.

Tampering and unleashing its power literally warps all of reality, and if not careful it can destroy all of creation.

The Cosmic Axis also connects to not only the Nine Worlds but a much larger Metaverse structrue:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179149_Thor_615_003.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179150_Thor616-014-015.jpg

The feat was impressive because the World Tree is powerful. For something a bit more recent, the entire Galactus arc as about the World Seed, that will bloom and create the next cycle of creation as everything ends, it's power is unending:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16179241_The_Mighty_Thor_2_014-15.jpghttp://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16179236_MightyThor03-014-015.jpghttp://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16179238_MightyThor03-016-017.jpg

Also note that Asgard and all the Nine Worlds are the hearts of their own fully formed Universes like Earth is for the 616, Asgard's is known as Asgard-Space as of Fraction.The Tenth World came from their own Universe which was suffering Entropic Death:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179151_Thor616-016-017.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179152_Thor616-020-021.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16179153_Thor616-022-023.jpg

The feat was never impressive because the World Tree is big, it was impressive because the World Tree is powerful. Also, the World Tree is infinitely big, it spans all of space/time, what we see is just a visual representation. For example:

Now, us knowing all of this, knowing that the World Tree is the heart of pretty much creation, Thor still overpowers it's will:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorworldengine4.jpg

Fyi, it would have been the end of the world, and not just Asgard, the entire point was to create post-human Godlings in the aftermath. Whether that mean's Earth and the Universe it resides in, is up for debate.

Should have stuck to ignoring the feat instead of trying to lowball it as that requires actually discussing it.

Are you going to prove it or not?

I have evidence, you can't make that evidence disappear simply by creating a straw man. Thor's fists have shown to rival Mjolnir, he was very prone to putting away the hammer and beating the shit out of an opponent over the years.

So, I'm guessing the Prime/Conner thing is over yes?

What? That's a lie, do so again and I'm tempted to report you. Gladiator said, specifically, that Thor was his equal in strength after being hit by Mjolnir:

There was no caveat about striking power, or that Thor was only nearly as strong as him. What? If Thor had punched him, that would probably disprove my point as we had no idea what the writer was using as his measuring stick but here to come to the conclusion of strength equality, Thor's hammer strike was used. As if it was a punch.

Figured it would be a no. I get that you feel the need to prove him wrong, but you didn't have to absolutely crush his soul in the process

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Had to be thorough. Although there's probably more evidence I should collect and post.

Why is it hilarious? Not my fault that nearly all of Thor's feats are hyperbolic in nature due to the nature of the writing at the time.

So ignore all of Thor's feats basically. Why even make the thread when the only thing you'll accept is Thor moving a building or something? Obviously Majestic is stronger.

Seriously, how idiotic is it to compare space cheese feats specifically but ignore pretty much anything as hyperbolic or as incalculable? Who are you to decide what counts and what doesn't? Who are you to decide Thor moving the World Tree shouldn't count but Majestic moving a planet should even though Thor's feat is infinitely more impressive?

But poor old Majestic doesn't have any relative showings so we should ignore all of Thor's battle feats too apparently. Except when it's a Doomsday thread, then only team busting counts. Or I bet if I make a Drax vs. Majestic thread suddenly relative showings prove Majestic is superior. So transparent, up your trolling, it's no fun when I can predict what you post before you post it.

JakeTheBank
This thread would cause Admiral Ackbar to have an epileptic fit.

Galan007
Majestros not only solo moved a planet (one being Jupiter) he moved a solidified star from one solar system to the other. Majestic didn't move Jupiter-- he altered its composition at the atomic level via HV. The only planets he physically moved were Mercury and Earth. I also don't recall him moving a solidified star, but rather, a star ingot.

That said, Majestic can and has moved planets across the solar system(along with numerous moons.) Imo he is stronger than Thor in a contest of brute strength.

And during his encounter with Superman they seemed relatively even across the board, and considered one another to be peers. Hopefully you're not referring to their brief scuffle in Dreamwar..? That's non-canon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I hope Thor moves a planet soon because people seem to hold it in very high esteem. Even though Thor has more impressive strength feats then Majestic's planet moving it seems to inherently impress people more. Never quite understood that but whatever.

curryman
Rage is straight up slaying.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by curryman

More like raping. I taught Mindset all he knows afterall.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This thread would cause Admiral Ackbar to have an epileptic fit.

Who dat?

JakeTheBank
Personally, I do think the planet moving Majestic has displayed is more impressive than the more quantifiable strength feats Thor regularly displays. Thor's not much of a lifting/pressing/etc kind of character, but given his status and how he matches up to others, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he could perform those type of feats. His more unquantifiable/abstract-ish feats certainly makes him capable of competing with Majestic, though. Factor in his actual track record of fights and the like, and any gap between them seems pretty minuscule, if there is even one.

I could see Majestic beating Thor in an armwrestling contest, or overpowering him in a test of strength with some effort. I could also see Thor breaking his face apart.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
Who dat?

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/admiral-ackbar-ole-miss-bigger.jpg

Mon Calamarian admiral for the Rebel Alliance, best known for his brief role in Return of the Jedi in which he infamously shouted "IT'S A TRAP!".

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I could see Majestic beating Thor in an armwrestling contest, or overpowering him in a test of strength with some effort. I could also see Thor breaking his face apart.

I lol'ed. But it's an accurate assessment in my completely unbiased opinion. Surfer, Drax, all those cosmic fagg*ts have done all that quantifiable shit and Thor still takes their lunch money.

But yea, Majestic has better quantifiable strength feats. Thor has more impressive overall strength feats, we can't just ignore unquantifiable feats. He also has an advantage over Majestic in relative strength feats but that's more of a result of him having more appearances.

You know what I find amusing? For a long time, Superman and other mainstream DC Heroes could not move Celestial Bodies solo, it was almost an editorial decree and even during the New Krypton arc we saw Superman fail spectacularly at planetary level strength. I wonder if Majestic is stronger then Superman as well. mhmm

dmills

I must say, his extended hiatus has reinvigorated the young fella. He's been bringing his A game of late.

Branlor Swift
I must say, his extended hiatus has reinvigorated the young fella. He's been bringing his A game of late. Let's be honest, Rage still sucks. Like sucking hard enough to uproot ball hair from small boys kind of sucking.

But he's still enough to see through a solar system sized storm of bullshit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I must say, his extended hiatus has reinvigorated the young fella. He's been bringing his A game of late.

I haven't been doing anything different, Abhil is just so....full of it. If anything, he's what's reinvigorated me. Super homo.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Let's be honest, Rage still sucks. Like sucking hard enough to uproot ball hair from small boys kind of sucking.

But he's still enough to see through a solar system sized storm of bullshit.

Sounds like one of your home videos.

Branlor Swift
Remember when Abhi used to be right sometimes?

Now he's just 100 percent wrong all the time. Everytime I see one of his posts quoted, it's just complete fabrication. He obviously dl'ed the comic, so I don't get it.

JakeTheBank
Pre-Crisis Abhi was a good guy.

Branlor Swift
Let's not go too far.

Better yes. Good? lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

You guys are d*cks.

Golgo13
Too much hate in here.

Galan007
in my completely unbiased opinion. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lugrgtAsdf1qzjp5co1_500.gif

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I get that you feel the need to prove him wrong, but you didn't have to absolutely crush his soul in the process

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Why, if I may ask. Majestic has moved planets. Thor has no feats like that.
facepalm
I hope Thor moves a planet soon because people seem to hold it in very high esteem. Even though Thor has more impressive strength feats then Majestic's planet moving it seems to inherently impress people more. Never quite understood that but whatever. Nah no need to. Along with his unquantifiable lifting/pushing feats, laughing off the weight of half a planet and busting out of tons of debris with the local gravity of a neutron star is enough to show they are roughly equal. yawn

Then again you can always fall back on the o'l indirectly shattering worlds thing. All the while he has multiple stab wounds with bits of Gorr weapon eating his muscles from the inside.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2590/zcv8.jpg
Oh wait he didn't stop there...
"Even though I'm in the middle of a momentous bludgeoning and indirectly shattering worlds because of it, lemme push this world back together and prevent it from breaking while I'm at it."
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7931/2qvn.jpg
"Thus did the Norse God of Thunder come to be worshipped on a scarred world in a distant corner of space." pray
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6476/h8c5.jpg

cdtm
Majestic.

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Nah no need to. Along with his unquantifiable lifting/pushing feats, laughing off the weight of half a planet and busting out of tons of debris with the local gravity of a neutron star is enough to show they are roughly equal. yawn

Then again you can always fall back on the o'l indirectly shattering worlds thing. All the while he has multiple stab wounds with bits of Gorr weapon eating his muscles from the inside.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2590/zcv8.jpg
Oh wait he didn't stop there...
"Even though I'm in the middle of a momentous bludgeoning and indirectly shattering worlds because of it, lemme push this world back together and prevent it from breaking while I'm at it."
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7931/2qvn.jpg
"Thus did the Norse God of Thunder come to be worshipped on a scarred world in a distant corner of space." pray
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6476/h8c5.jpg

I like how he can apparently see from space that it's not a barren moon. Indicating super senses.

IIRC there is another moment in that battle where it is said that he can hear the sounds of calls from worlds away or some such. Of course I may be waaay off with that lol. But I seem to recall it nonetheless.

Zack Fair
First page makes me realize Abhi and Rage need to have rough homosexual sex.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I like how he can apparently see from space that it's not a barren moon. Indicating super senses.

IIRC there is another moment in that battle where it is said that he can hear the sounds of calls from worlds away or some such. Of course I may be waaay off with that lol. But I seem to recall it nonetheless.

Yes, there were a number of crazy super senses feats throughout the series.

The first issue he heard a prayer from across the Universe and got there. And yes, you're right in that issue, he heard the screams of Gods dying light years away. In the previous issue he also tracked Gorr's scent to his planet across the Universe.

dmills
Yes, there were a number of crazy super senses feats throughout the series.

The first issue he heard a prayer from across the Universe and got there. And yes, you're right in that issue, he heard the screams of Gods dying light years away. In the previous issue he also tracked Gorr's scent to his planet across the Universe.

Obviously hyperbole...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Obviously hyperbole...

Obviously. We only take things as gospel when it's Superman, didn't you get the memo?

celeyhyga17
Obviously. We only take things as gospel when it's Superman, didn't you get the memo?
What kind of super senses does he have anyways? I like that Supes has very defined ones. Heimdall even though "magical" in nature has senses that are pretty much defined as well. Thor's is all over the place. We've seen him sense through Mjolnir, sometimes not, and he comes up with ones no one has really known about.

Too confusing.

JakeTheBank
Personally, I wouldn't bet the farm on Thor having super senses like Heimdall or Superman, which seem to be all purpose. Thor's senses, when they are displayed, appear to be connected to things pertaining to godhood/divinity/magic/the weather.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's senses have come up many times over the years, enough to surprise some people, but they are very plot depended and ill-defined. He can sense/hear prayers no matter the distance and depending on the writer has superhuman hearing/sight/smell. How powerful is all up to the writer. He also has some kind of 6th sense that allows him to feel and sense danger that's come up here and there.

And yes, he can use Mjolnir to sense/track energy, objects and people etc.

celeyhyga17
Thor's senses have come up many times over the years, enough to surprise some people, but they are very plot depended and ill-defined. He can sense/hear prayers no matter the distance and depending on the writer has superhuman hearing/sight/smell. How powerful is all up to the writer. He also has some kind of 6th sense that allows him to feel and sense danger that's come up here and there.

And yes, he can use Mjolnir to sense/track energy, objects and people etc.
I've brought this up some where before, but do you remember in one of the Avengers books how he was the only one able to see who the speeding character was that was causing a disturbance. IIRC the character who we later find out was Hermes abducted an ailing Herc. Thor was able to see the speeding character and when asked by Cpt Marvel (Rambeau) about who it was, he responded something like "your mortal eyes can't see.. blah blah blah..."

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've brought this up some where before, but do you remember in one of the Avengers books how he was the only one able to see who the speeding character was that was causing a disturbance. IIRC the character who we later find out was Hermes abducted an ailing Herc. Thor was able to see the speeding character and when asked by Cpt Marvel (Rambeau) about who it was, he responded something like "your mortal eyes can't see.. blah blah blah..."

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/CatchesHermes.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/CatchesHermes.jpg

celeyhyga17
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/CatchesHermes.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/CatchesHermes.jpg
Nice.. IIRC he actually was able to see Hermes outside a hospital window before he raced like a bat out of hell to catch him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nice.. IIRC he actually was able to see Hermes outside a hospital window before he raced like a bat out of hell to catch him.

Yeah, that's the page before the first scan, Thor sees something out the window and chases Hermes but the quote you made was from Thor's thought bubble after he hits the tree.

abhilegend
I completely forgot about it. embarrasment
laughing out loud

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/RagnarokThor73.jpg Nice Mr Master impression rage. Posting scans of little importance. If only Warren Ellis knew that 15 years later Matt Fraction would write World Tree like this, he would've incorporated that in his writing too.

The whole point of that trick on Yggdrasil was that Earth was died in fire. It only turned back time on Asgard and Earth as shown on panel. Now you're speculating without any evidence. Show me a single evidence of universe in that whole arc. Also can you tell me just how much will did Yggdrasil applied on Thor? I will wait for that on panel evidence. No speculations would cut it.

What, and miss this whole circus? Not gonna happen.

Prove what rage?

This is no strawman rage. A single statement would be suffice. If wonder man's fists can be compared to mjolnir, Thor's fists would have several statements of such, right? Name away all the beings he has beaten by such tactics and then list all the beings who he has to rely upon mjolnir after failing to beat them by fists. I would guess first list would be longer than second by your confidence? Remember Thor 385? Just how Thor beat Hulk down after failing to put down him with mjolnir?

Thor's powerset says that he hits as hard as mjolnir?

What? That's a lie, do so again and I'm tempted to report you. Oh really? Then you must have the proof that Thor's fists are as hard as mjolnir or somehow mjolnir's extensively listed added striking power was somehow negated? So. hitting somebody with a hammer and the guy thinks that the hit was as as hard as his own strength means the hammer played no part in the striking? Where's the proof? If Gladiator had compared Thor's punch to mjolnir strike, they would've been equal. As it is, you're comparing mjolnir strike to a punch without any evidence other than Gladiator taking mjolnir strike as proof of Thor's strength when we clearly know that mjolnir adds striking power by its own.

facepalm

Spire
What so exactly is this thread about? Silver age writing styles and hyperbole? Thor can see things? Thor has Mjolnir which isn't a muscle?

Please thread get better.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nice Mr Master impression rage. Posting scans of little importance. If only Warren Ellis knew that 15 years later Matt Fraction would write World Tree like this, he would've incorporated that in his writing too.

This sums up your argument in a nut-shell. Just ignoring anything that doesn't support you. Future comics don't suddenly disappear because we're dealing with something that came before, it's all part of the same animal.

Like I said, Mr. Majestic vs. Thor battle zone, whenever you're up for it, PM me.

Also, hilarious how you post Pre-Crisis Kryptonian scans from literally like 50 years ago to extrapolate Geoff John's writing of Prime but have a problem with me using actual on panel evidence because it's revealed later.

The whole point of that trick on Yggdrasil was that Earth was died in fire. It only turned back time on Asgard and Earth as shown on panel. Now you're speculating without any evidence. Show me a single evidence of universe in that whole arc. Also can you tell me just how much will did Yggdrasil applied on Thor? I will wait for that on panel evidence. No speculations would cut it.

You literally said that Ragnarok was limited only to Asgardian dimensions when it clearly also included Earth. And like I said, whether that included the Earth's Universe is completely up for debate.

Oh really? Then you must have the proof that Thor's fists are as hard as mjolnir or somehow mjolnir's extensively listed added striking power was somehow negated?

That's not what you said, you included striking power and claimed near strength parity when there was no such distinction made. Do it again and I'll report you. I have the ability to quote all your posts, if you think this bravado is worth a warning, well then, the best of luck to you.

A single statement would be suffice. If wonder man's fists can be compared to mjolnir, Thor's fists would have several statements of such, right?

Name away all the beings he has beaten by such tactics and then list all the beings who he has to rely upon mjolnir after failing to beat them by fists. I would guess first list would be longer than second by your confidence? Remember Thor 385? Just how Thor beat Hulk down after failing to put down him with mjolnir?

Compare's his fists to Mjolnir and goes on to own Hrinmeer:
http://s779.photobucket.com/user/R-O-G/media/Thor/ThorvsTheFlame22.jpg.html
http://s779.photobucket.com/user/R-O-G/media/Thor/ThorvsTheFlame23.jpg.html

Did I claim that was 100% consistent? Or that it was even the majority?

What, and miss this whole circus? Not gonna happen.
Prove what rage?
This is no strawman rage.

Why do you enjoy making yourself look bad?

The correlation between strength/flight, or the lack thereof in this case.

Google the word.

So. hitting somebody with a hammer and the guy thinks that the hit was as as hard as his own strength means the hammer played no part in the striking? Where's the proof? If Gladiator had compared Thor's punch to mjolnir strike, they would've been equal. As it is, you're comparing mjolnir strike to a punch without any evidence other than Gladiator taking mjolnir strike as proof of Thor's strength when we clearly know that mjolnir adds striking power by its own.

One more time:

"There was no caveat about striking power, or that Thor was only nearly as strong as him. What? If Thor had punched him, that would probably disprove my point as we had no idea what the writer was using as his measuring stick but here to come to the conclusion of strength equality, Thor's hammer strike was used. As if it was a punch."

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pr, isn't there some kind of rule about just literally ignoring all evidence of any kind, including on-panel descriptive evidence that disagrees with your stance? Just curious.

I just want to know if I should even bother posting any more scans/evidence outside of a battle zone with Abhil.

abhilegend
This sums up your argument in a nut-shell. Just ignoring anything that doesn't support you. You mean posting scans from 15 years later from a writer which completely reorganized the whole asgardian mythology? You will tell me now that everytime Thor died, he went to Demogorge and killed him everytime now?

A character with 5000 appearances against a character with 100 appearnces? Haha.

Geoff Johns actually saw the comics where PC kryptonians appeared. I guess Warren Ellis saw Fraction's comics too. Thor writers have future-vision, I guess.

Earth is one of nine realms. It isn't. There was no allusion that the warp was anywhere near universal level.

I didn't? For what exactly? Arguing with you? Chill bro. Post them.

Ok. That's one evidence out of 5000 appearances.

Then why are you arguing about it? In majority of his appearances mjolnir adds striking power to Thor's strength and that's why mjolnir feats aren't strength feats for Thor. If you think otherwise, its up to you to prove that in majority of appearances mjolnir doesn't adds striking power to thor's strength. Good luck with that.

Why do you?

There is exactly zero proof that majestic's flight added him in pushing the planets. I can post nearly hundreds of scans to prove that mjolnir adds striking power to thor's strength.

And your proof of that outside your opinion is? You were just telling me that you don't take my words as gospel, well guess what I do with your words.

abhilegend
Pr, isn't there some kind of rule about just literally ignoring all evidence of any kind, including on-panel descriptive evidence that disagrees with your stance? Just curious.

I just want to know if I should even bother posting any more scans/evidence outside of a battle zone with Abhil.
Relevant scans buddy. Posting scans from 15 years later after a feat was done by a writer who completely redefined asgardian mythology as shown before in comics isn't a proof.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean posting scans from 15 years later from a writer which completely reorganized the whole asgardian mythology? You will tell me now that everytime Thor died, he went to Demogorge and killed him everytime now?

The Cosmic Axis was linked to the Universe long before Fraction:
http://www.comicbookbin.com/artman2/uploads/1/quasar_-_meeting_eon.jpg

It's also known as the Celestial Axis, which has been shown to be connected to Earth's Universe:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16188440_thor_v1_n294-p02.jpg

Now shut up.

A character with 5000 appearances against a character with 100 appearnces? Haha.

erm

Why do number of appearances matter? If you believe Majestic is stronger, let's discuss this is in a more direct environment.

Geoff Johns actually saw the comics where PC kryptonians appeared. I guess Warren Ellis saw Fraction's comics too. Thor writers have future-vision, I guess.

Let's assume for a fact that Geoff Johns read all of those comics (Ridiculous but it's a hypothetical), what does it say about your theory when Prime's powers work like Post Crisis Kryptonians? And that your assumption is not even remotely hinted?

Earth is one of nine realms. It isn't. There was no allusion that the warp was anywhere near universal level.

You said:
FYI, Ragnarok is a simple Asgard related phenomena and not multiversal.

Implying it was only limited to Asgard, which is why I clarified, the Earth as well.

I didn't? For what exactly? Arguing with you? Chill bro. Post them.

You said:

It's so sad that I have to threaten you with a report to stop you from making stuff up.

Ok. That's one evidence out of 5000 appearances.

Your own words:
A single statement would be suffice.

Why do I have to keep quoting you? You denied the simple possibility of Thor's fists rivaling Mjolnir.

Then why are you arguing about it? In majority of his appearances mjolnir adds striking power to Thor's strength and that's why mjolnir feats aren't strength feats for Thor. If you think otherwise, its up to you to prove that in majority of appearances mjolnir doesn't adds striking power to thor's strength. Good luck with that.

Again, you said:
No writer has ever portrayed mjolnir that way

You denied it ever happening, period. Despite their being numerous instances that imply Thor's fists rival Mjolnir.

Why do you?

There is exactly zero proof that majestic's flight added him in pushing the planets. I can post nearly hundreds of scans to prove that mjolnir adds striking power to thor's strength.

If it's that obvious, there should be some kind of evidence to support this opinion.

And your proof of that outside your opinion is? You were just telling me that you don't take my words as gospel, well guess what I do with your words.

Your word is dismissed as bullshit because it's not supported by anything resembling direct evidence and is usually contradicted by the comics. Here Mjolnir's hit is used to judge that Thor is Gladiator's equal in strength, something that's only ever done with fists usually, proving my point. That it does indeed happen.

Branlor Swift
Ouch

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sad that most of that post is me quoting Abhil to remind him what he said a few pages ago. Not sure why I even bothered replying.

Relevant scans buddy. Posting scans from 15 years later after a feat was done by a writer who completely redefined asgardian mythology as shown before in comics isn't a proof.

You don't get to ignore evidence because it's inconvenient. But I'll remember this complete disregard of anything post-comic in future debates. You'll of course ignore this line of reasoning when it no longer favors you but whatever.

And criteria met, now run along.

JakeTheBank
http://images.wikia.com/marvelvscapcom/images/b/b9/Raging-Demon-5.gif

dmills
Your word is dismissed as bullshit because it's not supported by anything resembling direct evidence and is usually contradicted by the comics. Here Mjolnir's hit is used to judge that Thor is Gladiator's equal in strength, something that's only ever done with fists usually, proving my point. That it does indeed happen.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4747628/anger-management-o.gif GIFSoup

abhilegend
The Cosmic Axis was linked to the Universe long before Fraction:
http://www.comicbookbin.com/artman2/uploads/1/quasar_-_meeting_eon.jpg This is a dud.

Are you sure you can read bro? That harms your argument much more than you can imagine. Celestial axis was nothing but another name for earth's own axis' wobbling in modern science which also linked earth to asgard. Haha, you are terrible at this. What, you thought nobody would check the scan? Seriously, universe wasn't even mentioned in that scan.

Tsk, Tsk.

Because Thor has much more stuff to pull through.

When did his powers work like post crisis kryptonians? I don't think I've ever seen superman fully recharged from a ray of sunlight.

Well earth comes into nine asgardian realms too. I said it wasn't multiversal or some shit which you were implying.

Well, you still has provided any proof that mjolnir's added striking power was somehow negated or even that Thor compared mjolnir to his fist. Another character feeling mjolnir's striking power and then comparing THAT to his strength isn't a proof.

Cool. I concede on this point that there is a single statement of Thor's fists rivaling mjolnir. Happy? How does this proves your point that mjolnir's striking feats can be applied to thor's strength majority of times?

I was wrong on that account too, I guess. There aren't multiple instances of that however, as you posted only one instance of such.

Why would I prove a negative, "Prove majestic's flight didn't played a part in him pushing the planets"? The burden is upon you.

And yours is dismissed because you post meaningless scans. Still waiting for the proof that mjolnir's striking power was negated in that instance.

abhilegend
Sad that most of that post is me quoting Abhil to remind him what he said a few pages ago. Not sure why I even bothered replying.

You don't get to ignore evidence because it's inconvenient. But I'll remember this complete disregard of anything post-comic in future debates. You'll of course ignore this line of reasoning when it no longer favors you but whatever.

And criteria met, now run along.
Haha, this is getting ridiculous.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is a dud.

Why is it a dud, I'm confused? You wanted something pre-World Engine linking the Cosmic Axis to the Universe, there you go:
http://www.comicbookbin.com/artman2/uploads/1/quasar_-_meeting_eon.jpg

Are you sure you can read bro? That harms your argument much more than you can imagine. Celestial axis was nothing but another name for earth's own axis' wobbling in modern science which also linked earth to asgard. Haha, you are terrible at this. What, you thought nobody would check the scan? Seriously, universe wasn't even mentioned in that scan.

facepalm

What? How does that harm my argument? In that scan, the Celestial Axis is linked to the World Tree. Now, I was going to dig for a scan that indicates the Universe spins around the Celestial Axis but at this point, it clearly doesn't matter as you'll ignore all evidence.

Tsk, Tsk.

Because Thor has much more stuff to pull through.

So what? You made a Majestic vs. Thor thread and have no trouble arguing for pages. If you think Thor's appearances net him some kind of unfair advantage why even make the thread? Either you think Majestic is stronger then Thor or you don't. If you do, battle zone, less number of appearances is a ridiculously poor excuse.

When did his powers work like post crisis kryptonians? I don't think I've ever seen superman fully recharged from a ray of sunlight.

Actually, Prime was nearly whole when the light struck him and was bathing in the Sun's light for a noticeably amount of time while he waited for the Sinestro Corp. That aside, you yourself argued that Pre-Crisis Kryptonian's don't store solar energy like Post Crisis Kryptonian's do. Again, I can quote you.

Well earth comes into nine asgardian realms too. I said it wasn't multiversal or some shit which you were implying.

Well, you still has provided any proof that mjolnir's added striking power was somehow negated or even that Thor compared mjolnir to his fist. Another character feeling mjolnir's striking power and then comparing THAT to his strength isn't a proof.

I wasn't implying anything, it was outright stated in the comics, you just simply chose to ignore it.

It is to me.

Cool. I concede on this point that there is a single statement of Thor's fists rivaling mjolnir. Happy? How does this proves your point that mjolnir's striking feats can be applied to thor's strength majority of times?

I was wrong on that account too, I guess. There aren't multiple instances of that however, as you posted only one instance of such.

I never said that it applied to the majority of times, have you not learned yet that lying is bad?

There are multiple instances where Thor triumphs over opponents with his fists after putting Mjolnir away. For example, Kang's force field has withstood Mjolnir on multiple occasions and yet Thor nearly breaks through it:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/DefeatsKang1.jpg.html
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/DefeatsKang2.jpg.html
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/DefeatsKang3.jpg.html
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/DefeatsKang4.jpg.html

You don't seem to understand my point, I'm not arguing that Thor's fists > Mjolnir. My entire point is that very often, his fists are interchangeable with Mjolnir. Whether he uses his hands or the hammer to beat away at the opponent, the outcome will be the same.

Why would I prove a negative, "Prove majestic's flight didn't played a part in him pushing the planets"? The burden is upon you.

It was you who said that you already proved Majestic's flight has no direct correlation to his strength:

Were you just lying?

And yours is dismissed because you post meaningless scans. Still waiting for the proof that mjolnir's striking power was negated in that instance.

Meaningless scans? How about we battle zone then or get a mod ruling on our stance?

Why would Mjolnir's striking power be negated? That makes no sense. My entire point is that Mjolnir's power wasn't negated and Gladiator still believed that Thor was his equal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha, this is getting ridiculous.

Not really.

You're are literally ignoring evidence back to back and refuse to enter a battle zone to debate this point where you can't just troll for pages. It's cowardly but it provides entertainment which is why I've bothered to reply this much.

abhilegend
Why is it a dud, I'm confused? You wanted something pre-World Engine linking the Cosmic Axis to the Universe, there you go:
http://www.comicbookbin.com/artman2/uploads/1/quasar_-_meeting_eon.jpg Because I can't see it.

Because it plainly says celestial axis is nothing but a wobbling in earth's axis which connects earth to asgard. If we consider this celestial axis to what Thor manipulated, world engine feat is planetary at its best. We all know that. Post the scan and then talk. Irony abounds.

4 pages. It does. No, its not. Its like me asking for a battlezone against a random Thor villain who is considered stronger than Thor and who appeared in a few issues like Pagan against Majestic, Of course he would lose.

Not remotely true. He was noticeably weakened and was being overpowered by that group of heroes. Then a ray of sunlight hits his hand and he overpowers that whole group. Which means little as he was already full powered by that ray of sunlight. Yes, they didn't. Prime was full powered by a ray of sunlight because it activated his dwindling latent powers again. PC kryptonians tended to lose their powers gradually after they were removed from sun and instantly regain them as soon as sunlight touched them. That you can.

Not at all. You are the one who is demanding proof for the most obvious things. Now I'm doing the same thing and its ignoring things?

Well of course it is.

Then why are you arguing about it?

I can't see the scans. Did it happen in the same issue that mjolnir failed to break through the shield? Because I recall mjolnir breaking through Kang's shield like paper on several occasions.

I understand it completely, thank you very much. Of course not. You already said its not for majority. Even I can post literally dozen of scans to every one of yours negating this point. Tell that to hulk and dozens of other characters who Thor has fought without mjolnir and then had to resort to mjolnir to level the field.

I never said anything like that. Your accusations are getting tiresome.

15 years later after the feat, anyone? The battlezone isn't possible between these two characters. I'm fine with any mod ruling.

Then you agree that Gladiator felt Thor's strength+mjolnir's striking power? So Gladiator thought Thor's strength was equal to his own after feeling Thor's strength+mjolnir's striking power? How does that proves anything in your favor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because I can't see it.

Why didn't you just say so?

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16195517_Quasar02_17.jpg
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/2cbbc893dc7941323aa950870ce18cbb/Quasar02_17.jpg

Glad we have this settled now, the Cosmic Axis being linked to the Universe was introduced far earlier then Fraction. Your silly condition is met.

Because it plainly says celestial axis is nothing but a wobbling in earth's axis which connects earth to asgard. If we consider this celestial axis to what Thor manipulated, world engine feat is planetary at its best. We all know that. Post the scan and then talk. Irony abounds.

No, it says that the Celestial Axis is what modern science mistakes for the wobbling in Earth's axis but it's actually much more then that. Which is why it's connected to the World Tree and ultimately the very same thing.

I'm looking but why do I have a feeling when I post the scan, you won't be able to see it? And ultimately this is all unnecessary, Eon already confirmed the Cosmic Axis being Universal.

4 pages. It does. No, its not. Its like me asking for a battlezone against a random Thor villain who is considered stronger than Thor and who appeared in a few issues like Pagan against Majestic, Of course he would lose.

That's an extremely pathetic excuse. If you're arguing that a character is stronger, you must believe there is sufficient evidence to support that position. The simple fact that you made this thread indicates that to be the case. What hilariously poor reasoning.

So you admit that you can't support Majestic being stronger or defend that stance?

Not remotely true. He was noticeably weakened and was being overpowered by that group of heroes. Then a ray of sunlight hits his hand and he overpowers that whole group. Which means little as he was already full powered by that ray of sunlight. Yes, they didn't. Prime was full powered by a ray of sunlight because it activated his dwindling latent powers again. PC kryptonians tended to lose their powers gradually after they were removed from sun and instantly regain them as soon as sunlight touched them.

That you can.

Prime himself says that he's nearly whole again:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/25/1539595/primvs3.jpg

And he spend significant time bathing in Sunlight before he reached the Earth:
http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media/kick1.jpg.html
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/kick2.jpg
http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media/kickass3.jpg.html
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/kickass4.jpg

He wasn't in some darkened room where some light suddenly repowered him. You yourself described Kryptonian powers from before the crisis as abilities simply activated by Sunlight, having nothing to do with storing Solar energy and so on like Prime or Post-Crisis Kryptonians.

He only need a ray of sunlight to fully recharge himself. Prime like PC kryptonians don't store solar energy in their cells, they awaken their latent powers by the yellow sun and lighter gravity of earth. The longer they stay away from sun, the weaker they become. There is nothing for Thor to absorb there.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=581441&pagenumber=18

Not at all. You are the one who is demanding proof for the most obvious things. Now I'm doing the same thing and its ignoring things?

Well of course it is.

The World Tree was literally connected to an infinite array of Universes, a Megaverse. If it's so obvious and according to you, proven already, then post the evidence. If we're both being difficult, at least I can support my stances with something other then guess work.

Because you denied it's very existence. Getting tired of quoting you.

I can't see the scans. Did it happen in the same issue that mjolnir failed to break through the shield? Because I recall mjolnir breaking through Kang's shield like paper on several occasions.

What is wrong with your computer? Does it just block scans that are inconvenient to your stance automatically? Yes, the force field took a hit from Mjolnir before put away the hammer.

I understand it completely, thank you very much. Of course not. You already said its not for majority. Even I can post literally dozen of scans to every one of yours negating this point. Tell that to hulk and dozens of other characters who Thor has fought without mjolnir and then had to resort to mjolnir to level the field.

The majority does not mean my point isn't represented often enough.

Really? For every instance I present, you can post dozens of scans? Want to start a separate thread then, that is a bold claim I'd like to see you support.

Here you go:
Just proved.

How many times are you going to deny things? It's getting ridiculous.

15 years later after the feat, anyone? The battlezone isn't possible between these two characters. I'm fine with any mod ruling.

Then you agree that Gladiator felt Thor's strength+mjolnir's striking power? So Gladiator thought Thor's strength was equal to his own after feeling Thor's strength+mjolnir's striking power? How does that proves anything in your favor?

You have no problem posting scans from to influence feats at all. Is this a position that you are permanently taking?

Because Majestic has less appearances? Lol, so what? Superman has a lot more appearances then Thor, do you see anyone b*tching about that? Hilarious.

Alright, I'll PM Pr.

Hmm? How is that difficult to understand? If Mjolnir worked like it should, his conclusion would be that with the hammer, his opponent can simulate his strength, not that he's a physical peer/equal.

abhilegend
Why didn't you just say so? I did say it was a dud, didn't I?

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16195517_Quasar02_17.jpg
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/2cbbc893dc7941323aa950870ce18cbb/Quasar02_17.jpg

Glad we have this settled now, the Cosmic Axis being linked to the Universe was introduced far earlier then Fraction. Your silly condition is met. That cosmic axis is defined as Eternity bro. Do you even read your scans? "I'm offspring of eternity, I'm offspring of cosmic axis". Any proof that this "cosmic axis" is the same as the "celestial axis" which connects Earth to Asgard? You are taking two different writers views on two different concepts and mashing them as together to make something which doesn't exist.

Which was later stated as it being connected to asgard. Not that it was connected to the 616 universe as you claimed. Which you claimed that World tree and celestial axis are one and the same, but that's not true going by that scan. Celestial axis connects earth to asgard and world tree but its not world tree.

I could send you the screencap if I would be unable to see it, OK? Prove that its the same "celestial axis" you keep referencing.

Really? If I wanted I can prove superman is stronger than anybody by that reasoning who haven't lifted half of infinity. Do you want to do a battlezone on that? I made this thread to gauge average levels of both characters. Not really.

No. I've yet to see thor being able to push planets around in this thread. The best you've done is post an unquantifiable feat and post meaningless scans in futility to prove something out of it.

File doesn't exist. That's what you get from posting scans from a respect thread without reading them. Oh rage.

Who cares? He was explicitly depowered because of night and you even trying to argue otherwise is just laughable.

He was explicitly depowered before he got repowered by night ending and just a ray of sunlight. Do you really think a ray of sunlight gave prime enough charge to overpower that group of heroes? That whole fight happened at night and it explicitly depowered prime.

You already proved you can search bro.

15 years later you mean? Evidence of what exactly rage? You mean wrong scans that don't even support your stance?

Really?

That brother is a loaded question. What kind of question is this? Do you want me to send the screencaps where I can't see the scan? I am having real problem with photobucket. And there was absolutely no damage whatsoever with that hammer shot because more often than not force-fields accumulate damage and then break.

How often? Has this been ever referenced anywhere where there is major feat for mjolnir's strike to consider that Thor could've done that with bare hands?

Not so hard when all you've posted is one or two instances of such. My point is that to even consider that Thor's bare fists can do as much damage as mjolnir, there must be at least 20% of evidence that thor's fists hit as hard as mjolnir. As it is I've seen more scans of Wonder man's fists compared to mjolnir than I've seen of thor.

Did you just fabricated a post to accuse me? I never said that "just proved" in that quote. WTF man? Where did I said "just proved" in that quote?

Because I can't see it.

Not remotely true. He was noticeably weakened and was being overpowered by that group of heroes. Then a ray of sunlight hits his hand and he overpowers that whole group. Which means little as he was already full powered by that ray of sunlight. Yes, they didn't. Prime was full powered by a ray of sunlight because it activated his dwindling latent powers again. PC kryptonians tended to lose their powers gradually after they were removed from sun and instantly regain them as soon as sunlight touched them. That you can.

Well of course it is.

I should just straight up report you for this. I've lost any respect for you I had at this point.

Yes.

Superman doesn't have a lot more appearances than thor, not post-crisis. Even then I've seen people bitching about superman's appearances. Your stunt wasn't hilarious though.

Good.

And how does you reached at that conclusion that he didn't took the hammer into the consideration. If somebody attacked you with a hammer and you think that "Whoa he hits as hard as me". the hammer played no part in your conclusion?

abhilegend
Here is where I said "just proved" only time in this thread and that was regarding World Tree's weight/size and it was said in jest.

Am I? I dismissed that because its not quantifiable. The only given scan of World tree shows its not even as big as earth. Really?

Lawlz.

Yup. The World Tree isn't potent due to it's size, it's the Cosmic Axis of the Multiverse, it holds creation together (Like Atlas does for the Olympians). And Thor did it while weakened. He spun the engine, reversing time and Ragnarok, overpowering the tree's will. Definitely not more impressive then moving a planet because we can't attach a number to it.

Prove it then.

It is a cosmic axis for nine realms which are actually pocket dimensions. Here is its actual size as shown on panel and not speculation or something.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16176397_yggdrasilweight_zps4e11605e.png

Just proved.

stick out tongue

facepalm @ rage. WTF dude?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That cosmic axis is defined as Eternity bro. Do you even read your scans? "I'm offspring of eternity, I'm offspring of cosmic axis". Any proof that this "cosmic axis" is the same as the "celestial axis" which connects Earth to Asgard? You are taking two different writers views on two different concepts and mashing them as together to make something which doesn't exist.

facepalm

He's the offspring of Eternity, Infinity and the Cosmic Axis. He defines all of them differently. Eternity =/= Cosmic Axis, he even literally defines the two differently. Eternity is the personification of the life force of the Universe, the Cosmic Axis is around which the Universe Spins.

The Cosmic Axis is the World Tree, what the f*ck are you even talking about? Here, a pre-Fraction scan calling the World Tree the Cosmic Axis:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16199175_MidgardSerpent2.jpg

Which was later stated as it being connected to asgard. Not that it was connected to the 616 universe as you claimed. Which you claimed that World tree and celestial axis are one and the same, but that's not true going by that scan. Celestial axis connects earth to asgard and world tree but its not world tree.

That's another scan, the point was to connect the World Tree to the Celestial Axis, I've made that clear. Yes, it wasn't in that scan but it seems to evolve into the same concept at some point, although I'm not sure where, I'll post scans later.

But like I said, this is all irrelevant. Eon already pointed out that Cosmic Axis is what the Universe spins around.

I could send you the screencap if I would be unable to see it, OK? Prove that its the same "celestial axis" you keep referencing.

Really? If I wanted I can prove superman is stronger than anybody by that reasoning who haven't lifted half of infinity. Do you want to do a battlezone on that? I made this thread to gauge average levels of both characters. Not really.

You want me to prove that the Cosmic Axis that Eon referred to is the World Tree? Okay, I posted the scan above, as if the World Tree wasn't referred to the Cosmic Axis on numerous occasions. Including in the Warren Ellis arc.

How does that make any sense? And if you wanted to gauge average levels, then why did you immediately resort to Majestic moving planets the moment Thor gave Thor the edge?

No. I've yet to see thor being able to push planets around in this thread. The best you've done is post an unquantifiable feat and post meaningless scans in futility to prove something out of it.

File doesn't exist. That's what you get from posting scans from a respect thread without reading them. Oh rage.

We can always battlezone.

What? The link works fine for me, the problem is on your end:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16199298_primvs3.jpg

Who cares? He was explicitly depowered because of night and you even trying to argue otherwise is just laughable.

He was explicitly depowered before he got repowered by night ending and just a ray of sunlight. Do you really think a ray of sunlight gave prime enough charge to overpower that group of heroes? That whole fight happened at night and it explicitly depowered prime.

You already proved you can search bro.

He almost whole, most likely since he was sun bathing for a while as we saw.

Not so hard when all you've posted is one or two instances of such. My point is that to even consider that Thor's bare fists can do as much damage as mjolnir, there must be at least 20% of evidence that thor's fists hit as hard as mjolnir. As it is I've seen more scans of Wonder man's fists compared to mjolnir than I've seen of thor.

Did you just fabricated a post to accuse me? I never said that "just proved" in that quote. WTF man? Where did I said "just proved" in that quote?

I should just straight up report you for this. I've lost any respect for you I had at this point.

So you want to make the thread? I can post multiple instances.

facepalm Read the thread.

Yes.

Good.

And how does you reached at that conclusion that he didn't took the hammer into the consideration. If somebody attacked you with a hammer and you think that "Whoa he hits as hard as me". the hammer played no part in your conclusion?

Because he didn't mention Mjolnir and instead of referring to striking power, he said strength equality? If he said this being hits as hard as me, I wouldn't bring it up because there's no proof that he separated Thor from Mjolnir.

Going to start just cutting out all your red herrings. It's getting ridiculous.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here is where I said "just proved" only time in this thread and that was regarding World Tree's weight/size and it was said in jest

facepalm @ rage. WTF dude?

The post before the first you quoted was me also jokingly asking about the Majestic strength/flight correlation and you replied as "lawlz".

abhilegend
Well I'm not replying to anything you say from now on. Who knows when you're going to edit my post and call me a liar.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The post before the first you quoted was me also jokingly asking about the Majestic strength/flight correlation and you replied as "lawlz".
The post you linked is on this same page not on the first page where I said that. At least lie with some dignity.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where did I edit your post? You might not care about your reputation as it's already in the toilet but I do.

Make a claim like that again without linking me to what you're talking about, and I seriously will report you. No joking this time.

What kind of drugs are you on?
Just proved.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=581587&pagenumber=2

Page 2. Fourth post from the top.

Also concession accepted. I like how the moment you are presented with a scan you can't dismiss you suddenly don't want to ever reply.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Where did I edit your post? You might not care about your reputation as it's already in the toilet but I do.

Make a claim like that again without linking me to what you're talking about, and I seriously will report you. No joking this time.

What kind of drugs are you on?

Page 2. Fourth post from the top.

Also concession accepted. I like how the moment you are presented with a scan you can't dismiss you suddenly don't want to ever reply.

laughing out loud
Hey jerk, here is where your post directs when its clicked upon.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16200271_Untitled2.jpg

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=581587&from=thread&pagenumber=5#post14377748

This is where your second quote directs

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16200272_Untitled3.jpg

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=581587&pagenumber=2#post14373504

Found something different or should I call pr here?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, took me a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about. You clicked on the "quote: post" which directed you to the same page as this right? That's because I copy and pasted:

For the entire post. But I immediately clarified that the post I was quoting was from the second page, the fourth post down. So why are you still so confused?

Again, the post I linked to is on the second page, fourth post down:

I didn't edit shit, and if you still don't get that, well, that's your problem. Please do, because you seem to be having difficulty grasping what I'm saying, perhaps he can help you understand.

abhilegend
Lol, took me a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about. You clicked on the "quote: post" which directed you to the same page as this right? That's because I copy and pasted:

For the entire post. But I immediately clarified that the post I was quoting was from the second page, the fourth post down. So why are you still so confused?

Again, the post I linked to is on the second page, fourth post down:

I didn't edit shit, and if you still don't get that, well, that's your problem. Please do, because you seem to be having difficulty grasping what I'm saying, perhaps he can help you understand.
That's quite a bit of stretch but I can believe that. You still took a post where I was talking about World tree and tried to pass it as if I was talking about majestic's flight and call me a liar upon it too. This conversation is over. Also I would take a BZ upon this discussion after I end curry's tourney. At this point I don't trust a single thing you say and I think you do that to me too. This would just go ugly if we continue this discussion. See ya.

dmills
What are we supposed to be looking at in those links?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll be honest, it's probably going to just be confusing nonsense to you dmills. I had to take time to figure out what the miscommunication as myself.

In short: He clicked on the "quote: post" part that sent him to a different post then the one I quoted but I clarified in a future post with a direct link.

That's quite a bit of stretch but I can believe that. You still took a post where I was talking about World tree and tried to pass it as if I was talking about majestic's flight and call me a liar upon it too. This conversation is over. Also I would take a BZ upon this discussion after I end curry's tourney. At this point I don't trust a single thing you say and I think you do that to me too. This would just go ugly if we continue this discussion. See ya.

Why is it a stretch? That's how the quoting system works. And I linked the post I quoted, so it's not as if I made it up or something. erm

If you were talking about the World Tree then you need to be more specific. I asked about Majestic, you said lawlz, I said prove it, you said proved it. That's why we reply to different parts of a post in different lines, so we know what we're talking about. And I called you a liar because as far as I was concerned you were.

Okay. Why wouldn't you trust a single thing I say? I always back up my stuff with scans and sources. Most people would agree with that assessment of me.

I just find it convenient that you gave up just as you had a scan you couldn't dismiss. mhmm

abhilegend
I'll be honest, it's probably going to just be confusing nonsense to you dmills. I had to take time to figure out what the miscommunication as myself.

In short: He clicked on the "quote: post" part that sent him to a different post then the one I quoted but I clarified in a future post with a direct link.

Why is it a stretch? That's how the quoting system works. And I linked the post I quoted, so it's not as if I made it up or something. erm

If you were talking about the World Tree then you need to be more specific. I asked about Majestic, you said lawlz, I said prove it, you said proved it. That's why we reply to different parts of a post in different lines, so we know what we're talking about. And I called you a liar because as far as I was concerned you were.

Okay. Why wouldn't you trust a single thing I say? I always back up my stuff with scans and sources. Most people would agree with that assessment of me.

I just find it convenient that you gave up just as you had a scan you couldn't dismiss. mhmm
You had to have the last word, don't you?

dmills
LOl. This entire argument is becoming a jumbled mess tbh. I literally had to go back and reread everything just to find the original point of contention between the two of you lol.

abhilegend
LOl. This entire argument is becoming a jumbled mess tbh. I literally had to go back and reread everything just to find the original point of contention between the two of you lol.
We're just phucking with everyone else.

uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
You had to have the last word, don't you?

It's a problem.

Yeah, it got completely out of hand. Even I lost track of my original point. I'm implementing a 6 post limit.

Also, I can't believe you re-read the entire thing lol. I wouldn't do that shit.

Golgo13

Who do you view as stronger? To get the thread back on topic. Still siding with Majestic, if only by a hair.

curryman
I think this is one of the harder matchups for Thor.

Majestic would make the most out of his speed, and while I don't think that Thor's the turtle most people do, I still think that Majestic is a great deal faster. When he fights he often remains calm and calculated. The direct opposite of Thor in many ways.

Stoic

Uhm... didn't Gladiator move a planet sized object while moving at incredible speeds? What did Thor do to him? Abhi you're falling into you're own trap. Do you recall your space cheese argument, or are you the only one that can toss it out there, and make it stick?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Uhm... didn't Gladiator move a planet sized object while moving at incredible speeds? What did Thor do to him? Abhi you're falling into you're own trap. Do you recall your space cheese argument, or are you the only one that can toss it out there, and make it stick?
Gladiator has never moved a planet solo. What are you talking about?

D-Block
Gladiator has never moved a planet solo. What are you talking about?

I think it was a Ship said to be the size of a planet IIRC.

dmills
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who do you view as stronger? To get the thread back on topic. Still siding with Majestic, if only by a hair.

Much like many of these elite class strong men, I view the strength as negligible at best. Speed obviously goes to Majestic. Battlefield acumen is relatively even despite what some people would say. In years past I would've said Majestic, but Thor has been on such a tear of late that it's hard not to go with him here if push comes to shove.

Prisoner of the moment ftw baka

abhilegend
Originally posted by D-Block
I think it was a Ship said to be the size of a planet IIRC.
No. It was a ship blocking star lanes. It was never said to be a planet's size.

abhilegend
Much like many of these elite class strong men, I view the strength as negligible at best. Speed obviously goes to Majestic. Battlefield acumen is relatively even despite what some people would say. In years past I would've said Majestic, but Thor has been on such a tear of late that it's hard not to go with him here if push comes to shove.

Prisoner of the moment ftw baka
Traitor.

uhuh

carver9
It wasn't a ship blocking a Stsr lane, it was an asteroid and I agree with ABHI, Gladiator never moved a planet. No Herald has soloed a planet minus Majestic.

abhilegend
It wasn't a ship blocking a Stsr lane, it was an asteroid and I agree with ABHI, Gladiator never moved a planet. No Herald has soloed a planet minus Majestic.
Superman disagrees.

Stoic

Space cheese? laughing out loud

quanchi112
Superman disagrees. Superman isn't in this thread. Stay on topic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

Besides, Superman has never moved a planet solo.

celeyhyga17
Superman disagrees.
Hopefully ure not going to bring up Supes and Hal moving earth and u claiming it was Hal's harness, but Supes doing the moving? Are u?

Remember I got a mod ruling against ure claim.

dmills
Hopefully ure not going to bring up Supes and Hal moving earth and u claiming it was Hal's harness, but Supes doing the moving? Are u?

Remember I got a mod ruling against ure claim.

Wait, what? laughing

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Space cheese? laughing out loud

Pretty much. He said he doesn't believe in space cheese, don't know why he keeps bringing it up.

celeyhyga17
Wait, what? laughing
Yeah forgot what thread it was, but he claimed that it was all Clark pulling without Hal's help. Hal was supposedly just there to create the harness.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/6/60473/1374406-944172_supermanliftingstrength2_super.jpg

dmills
Yeah forgot what thread it was, but he claimed that it was all Clark pulling without Hal's help. Hal was supposedly just there to create the harness.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/6/60473/1374406-944172_supermanliftingstrength2_super.jpg

What?... No...this can't...I can't even. Abhi...

carver9
Don't think ABHI is talking about that showing. He is talking about the one where the Earth was strapped to a ship that had metropolis citizens in it. Crazy thing about it is, in that same scan, Superman admits he can't move planets. Lets see what scene he is talking about, he should be in here soon.

abhilegend
Lol.

Besides, Superman has never moved a planet solo.
You are right, it was Earth+moon+a huge space ship made out of all the resources of a solar system.

Some info on the feat in the Superman:earth stealers.

First the earth and moon were not hold by any gravity-nullifying beam, they were just grabbed by an energy net which was bigger than entire earth-moon system

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0005.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0006.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0007.jpg

According to superman it must've been made by all the resources of a whole star system

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0010.jpg

Check out its size

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0012.jpg

This happened the first time superman went through hyper-space, he was almost drained of all his strength

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0015.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0017.jpg

Also when superman went to moving the ship, its engines were almost drained

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/sup_tes__0041.jpg

Then superman went through hyperspace and restored both earth and moon to its places, the ship ONLY directed them

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_sup_tes__0043.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_sup_tes__0044.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_sup_tes__0045.jpg

Its an insane feat any way you cut it.
Don't think ABHI is talking about that showing. He is talking about the one where the Earth was strapped to a ship that had metropolis citizens in it. Crazy thing about it is, in that same scan, Superman admits he can't move planets. Lets see what scene he is talking about, he should be in here soon.
That was Byrne superman who was admitting those kinds of things on regular basis and then doing those things regardless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who wants to bet if I read this comic I come to a different conclusion?

mhmm

carver9

mhmm

No need, in the same scan Superman states he can't move planets so its pretty obvious more was at play than strength.

quanchi112

mhmm laughing out loud

abhilegend

mhmm
Go ahead.

abhilegend
No need, in the same scan Superman states he can't move planets so its pretty obvious more was at play than strength.
Actions>>Statements bro.

quanchi112
Actions>>Statements bro. All of them count. You can't pick and choose what counts and what doesn't.

Golgo13
Actions>>Statements bro.

thumb up BTW,

Majestic>Superman>Thor. Come at me, bro!

shifty

dmills

Earth was strapped to a ship? Only DC.

abhilegend
Earth was strapped to a ship? Only DC.
Earth and moon bro.

dmills
Earth and moon bro.

Even dumber. "Ooh ooh, you know what'd be cool? Lets strap the Earth and Moon to a giant spaceship and have them rocketed off into the galaxy!"

Who writes that?

quanchi112
Even dumber. dc for ya.

abhilegend
Even dumber. "Ooh ooh, you know what'd be cool? Lets strap the Earth and Moon to a giant spaceship and have them rocketed off into the galaxy!"

Who writes that?
Superman pushed them from one solar system to another. The ship alone was made from all the resources of a solar system. Wait till you see superman turning the wheels of a machine whose face was bigger than Sun, Earth and moon's entire space and the distance combined.

Byrne.

quanchi112
Superman pushed them from one solar system to another. The ship alone was made from all the resources of a solar system. Wait till you see superman turning the wheels of a machine whose face was bigger than Sun, Earth and moon's entire space and the distance combined. thumb down

curryman

Who writes that?
Marvel's got some pretty dumb shit themselves.

You can boil down just about any story to a few components and call it stupid tho :P

dmills
Marvel's got some pretty dumb shit themselves.

You can boil down just about any story to a few components and call it stupid tho :P

No, you shut your fool mouth. Marvel only puts out Eisner award level material.

Golgo13

Like AVX? stick out tongue

abhilegend
Like Loeb's Nova, amirite?

dmills
Originally posted by Golgo13
Like AVX? stick out tongue Originally posted by abhilegend
Like Loeb's Nova, amirite?

Never heard of them.

celeyhyga17
You are right, it was Earth+moon+a huge space ship made out of all the resources of a solar system.

That was Byrne superman who was admitting those kinds of things on regular basis and then doing those things regardless. http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Double_Facepalm.jpg
Reading incomprehension at its finest.

"all the resources of a solar system"?
What are you talking about?

abhilegend
WTF are you talking about?

celeyhyga17
WTF are you talking about?

That's Superman letting us know it's a really big ship. He doesn't actually know that it takes all the resources of a solar system to build that particular size ship.

Anyways... How do you figure he moved the earth, moon, and the ship under his own power without any help?

Going back to Carver's point, he even admits he can do no such thing.

complexbrother
Mr. Majestic only bairly moved the moon with assistance from special gloves and various help from the scientific community.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39453/3040527-nineplanets.png

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/5948/394523-planet_moving__1_super.jpg

Thor is stronger.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The gloves were only there to prevent the objects from crumbling under their weight. And he moved all the other planets of the Solar System IIRC, although some may have been off-panel.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by complexbrother
Mr. Majestic only bairly moved the moon with assistance from special gloves and various help from the scientific community.

Thor is stronger.
Nah..
That was all Majestros.

Golgo13
Originally posted by complexbrother

Thor is stronger.

Nope.

JakeTheBank
That was just the WildStorm universe attempting to not rape physics and logic as badly as the DCU does.

Galan007
Regarding Majestic's 'gloves'
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/m_strength13.jpg

So yeah, he was still solely responsible for generating the sheer physicality associated with moving planets across the solar system.

Digi
I always saw these three (Majestros, Thor, Kal) as a good rock/paper/scissors scenario.

Superman has weaknesses that are presumably exploitable by Thor (primarily magic lightning, possibly others if we're generous). Majestic lacks those weaknesses and has Superman's advantages over Thor like base strength and combat speed (and also a considerable skill edge over either of the others). And heads-up Superman is a bit stronger, more durable, more versatile, etc. than Majestic, so they'd slug it out and Kal would win.

If you don't lowball Majestic's durability - which is possible depending on feat selection - I'd pick him to win the majority here. But it would be a holy hell of a fight.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>