Hal Jordan Vs Etrigan the Demon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Pre-Flashpoint versions.
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HAL_zpse9210a44.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ETR_zps7621bb8b.jpg

xJLxKing
Hal

Golgo13
I'll give it to Etrigan, personally.

Mindset
I'll give it to Etrigan, professionally.

SevenShackles
I'll give it to Etrigan, passionately.

Mindset
Homo

xJLxKing
You should all bend over to Etrigan

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Mindset
Homo
no expression I stand by what I said. Etrigan is dreamy.

Golgo13
Who can resist those green eyes, eh?

Odekahn
Hal in a good fight

cdtm
Originally posted by Golgo13
Pre-Flashpoint versions.

When it comes to the GL titles, for Hal is there a difference?

But probably Hal.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by cdtm

But probably Hal.
there were a few issues so far showing the actual DCnU52 GL like guy, and kyle

Cogito
Originally posted by xJLxKing
there were a few issues so far showing the actual DCnU52 GL like guy, and kyle

There's tons of GL books in the New 52 showcasing all of the Earth Lanterns.

But probably Hal.
The GL titles/characters were unaffected by the reboot. Pre-boot Hal is exactly the same as New 52 Hal, minus his latest and greatest feat -- wielding a Black Ring, summoning Nekron, and then casually dismissing him -- if you haven't been keeping up or reading about it here after it happened a while ago.

He was still the Krona-busting Johns wankfest before the reboot, and he should take the vast majority from Etrigan.

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito

The GL titles/characters were unaffected by the reboot. Pre-boot Hal is exactly the same as New 52 Hal, minus his latest and greatest feat -- wielding a Black Ring, summoning Nekron, and then casually dismissing him -- if you haven't been keeping up or reading about it here after it happened a while ago.

He was still the Krona-busting Johns wankfest before the reboot, and he should take the vast majority from Etrigan.

JLA Hal came across like more of a rookie, though.

Constantly losing his focus, with Batman lecturing him all the time, like during his fight with Superman or in other situations.

GL comics Hal was the exact same as pre Flashpoint.

kevdude
laughing out loud Hal would find a way I think.

xJLxKing

No, Blackest Night, brightest day, and even the current gl series follow the old story line. Unless I'm reading incorrectly, at not point is DCnU52 mentioned. There area few stand alones which are 52 and they specifically state in the narration

cdtm
No, Blackest Night, brightest day, and even the current gl series follow the old story line. Unless I'm reading incorrectly, at not point is DCnU52 mentioned. There area few stand alones which are 52 and they specifically state in the narration

The new GL who got Hal and Sinestro's ring met the "nu52" JLA though, which muddies the waters a bit on the timeline of the GL comics since Blackest Night.

Cogito
JLA Hal came across like more of a rookie, though.

That's because he was a rookie, since it wasn't set in the present.

No, Blackest Night, brightest day, and even the current gl series follow the old story line. Unless I'm reading incorrectly, at not point is DCnU52 mentioned. There area few stand alones which are 52 and they specifically state in the narration I really have no idea what you just said here.

xJLxKing

I really have no idea what you just said here.
GL, GLC, GLNG issues are pre-flashpoint. The Green Lanterns outside of the ones I mentioned like Justice League are post-flashpoint.

There were a few issues in the GLC that pointed to a retconned past. I'm trying to recall which issue it is.

Cogito
GL, GLC, GLNG issues are pre-flashpoint. The Green Lanterns outside of the ones I mentioned like Justice League are post-flashpoint.

There were a few issues in the GLC that pointed to a retconned past. I'm trying to recall which issue it is.

They're not pre-Flashpoint, their histories and past events just didn't change as a result of Flashpoint. Same is (mostly) true of the Batman titles.

The events that take place in GL, GLC, and GLNG are all in the "present" time in the DCnU, whereas the first Justice League issues for example took place 5 years prior to the present.

xJLxKing
They're not pre-Flashpoint, their histories and past events just didn't change as a result of Flashpoint. Same is (mostly) true of the Batman titles.

The events that take place in GL, GLC, and GLNG are all in the "present" time in the DCnU, whereas the first Justice League issues for example took place 5 years prior to the present.
I'm not talking about timelines. I'm talking about plotlines not lining up. This is why they retconned Guy's story. Look at GLC 000

abhilegend
Hal wins.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hal wins.
Agree.

cdtm
I'm not talking about timelines. I'm talking about plotlines not lining up. This is why they retconned Guy's story. Look at GLC 000

It's pretty much a mess. Company wide retcons are almost always riddled with plot holes.

Why couldn't DC just put out their own Ultimates Line like Marvel, if they wanted something new for fans to start out with?

JakeTheBank
Tbh, events like Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps War, etc. should be drastically different due to the nature of the reboot. I do feel the general "spirit" of Johns' GL is unchanged, but I mean, take for example Superman.

The guy got drastically altered for the New 52, so his role in Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night should have likewise been changed a great deal. I mean, did Cyborg Superman play a role in SCW as far as the New 52 is concerned? Did Henshaw even play a role in Coast City's destruction, a pivotal role as to how Hal became Parallax to begin with (I actually asked this question at the DC Comics Panel at Chicago Comic Con, to which the reply was "no comment, but keep your eyes peeled for Henshaw's debut soon"wink?

Obviously, those are just a few things that have been altered or at the very least, changed due to the nature of the reboot. I don't think Hal's power level is any different, but the specifics behind those events are naturally pretty different because of Flashpoint.

beatboks
I can see this going either way. It comes down to how soon Etrigan would employ his magic. He is as powerful in the art as Merlin but doesn't like to use it. if he acts in Character Hal takes it after a giod fight. If he sees the writing on the wall he beats Hal with spells.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.