DONG Infinity Man Vs Gorr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/IM_zps4e555774.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GOR_zps10d67438.jpg

Endless Mike
Infinity Man

Rage.Of.Olympus
Infinity Man slaughtered all the New Gods but at the same time Gorr slaughtered all the Lords of Heaven and all the Kings of Hell as if they were cannon fodder. And Infinity Man had the ability to completely mess with their powers. The only opponent he faced that he couldn't weakness exploit was Superman, wasn't it?

I'll wait until this arc finishes but if Gorr gets any more beastly.....

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Infinity Man slaughtered all the New Gods but at the same time Gorr slaughtered all the Lords of Heaven and all the Kings of Hell as if they were cannon fodder. And Infinity Man had the ability to completely mess with their powers. The only opponent he faced that he couldn't weakness exploit was Superman, wasn't it?

I'll wait until this arc finishes but if Gorr gets any more beastly.....
He wasn't messing with new gods' power. He was straight up killing them like when he blasted Orion into oblivion. He also stalemated ALE scott free and destroyed the multiversal source wall in the process.

TheGodKiller
Infinity Man wins.

Cogito
IM was never shown to have messed with New God's powers IIRC. He traded a couple blows with Superman before encasing him in energy and treating him like a gnat.

IM wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
He wasn't messing with new gods' power. He was straight up killing them like when he blasted Orion into oblivion. He also stalemated ALE scott free and destroyed the multiversal source wall in the process. He was killing them in secret. laughing out loud

iceman24567
IM

Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't messing with new gods' power. He was straight up killing them like when he blasted Orion into oblivion. He also stalemated ALE scott free and destroyed the multiversal source wall in the process.

He could as we saw with Takion. Probably the reason why he could slaughter them so easily and in such secrecy.

He faced Scott with the ALE? I forgot about that, do you happen to have scans? Rather not take your word for it.

Edit: Nvm, just read the fight. Yeah, he started tapping into the Source itself, Gorr is tough but he can't compete with that, Infinity Man.

iceman24567
Was that when Scott went bonkers? I vaguely remember that

Endless Mike
Also (immature, but) who else snickered at DONG in the thread title?

JakeTheBank
Infinity Man.

Galan007
Infinity Man wins.

But if Gorr keeps racking up uber feats at this rate, I could definitely see him becoming a legit threat.

Odekahn
You capitalized "DONG"?

In my Miz voice: Really???

Rage.Of.Olympus
The heart wants what the heart wants.

ODG
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Also (immature, but) who else snickered at DONG in the thread title? *raises hand*

Badabing
Originally posted by Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/IM_zps4e555774.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GOR_zps10d67438.jpg Dong...DONG!?!? durpalm

Cogito
He could as we saw with Takion. Probably the reason why he could slaughter them so easily and in such secrecy..

It's not mentioned on panel how Takion was defeated. He kind of just..dies.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_12_zps97933a19.jpg http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_13_zps2993f78b.jpg

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that he was depowered, but there's a couple things to consider here.

1. Takion didn't change appearances. A depowered Takion ought to return to human form, as he was before he was empowered.

2. Unlike other New Gods, Takion is a direct link to the Source itself. It's what he was created to be. It would make sense that the Source (or his agent) could withdraw that power easily. There's never been any mention of any other New God's power coming from the Source, so what goes for Takion doesn't go for all New Gods.

abhilegend
He could as we saw with Takion. Probably the reason why he could slaughter them so easily and in such secrecy.

He faced Scott with the ALE? I forgot about that, do you happen to have scans? Rather not take your word for it.

Edit: Nvm, just read the fight. Yeah, he started tapping into the Source itself, Gorr is tough but he can't compete with that, Infinity Man.
He always killed every other new god by sheer power as we see on panel, Bekka, Kalibak and Mantis and Orion to name a few. Plus there is no proof whatsoever that he was killing them because he was kryptonite to them.

Good.

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_12_zps97933a19.jpg http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_13_zps2993f78b.jpg

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that he was depowered, but there's a couple things to consider here.

1. Takion didn't change appearances. A depowered Takion ought to return to human form, as he was before he was empowered.

2. Unlike other New Gods, Takion is a direct link to the Source itself. It's what he was created to be. It would make sense that the Source (or his agent) could withdraw that power easily. There's never been any mention of any other New God's power coming from the Source, so what goes for Takion doesn't go for all New Gods. According to Metron, IM stole Takion's soul:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16198730/31.jpg.html

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
According to Metron, IM stole Takion's soul:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16198730/31.jpg.html

Suppose I could have read on to catch that.

Anyways, that confirms he wasn't depowered.

quanchi112
He always killed every other new god by sheer power as we see on panel, Bekka, Kalibak and Mantis and Orion to name a few. Plus there is no proof whatsoever that he was killing them because he was kryptonite to them.

Good. He was their power source in a sense. It'd be like Odin killing off Asgardians.

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
He was their power source in a sense. It'd be like Odin killing off Asgardians.

The Source may have created the New Gods, but except for Takion it's not their direct power source. Takion's link to the Source is what makes him unique.

quanchi112
The Source may have created the New Gods, but except for Takion it's not their direct power source. Takion's link to the Source is what makes him unique. Still oversees them and is more powerful and is responsible for them. New gods have no chance against them outside of prep neutralizing the Source. We saw how easily that fell apart just due to a little interference by Superman.

Galan007
The Source may have created the New Gods, but except for Takion it's not their direct power source. Takion's link to the Source is what makes him unique. thumb up

It was noted that Takion was the New Gods' "sole link to the Source":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16199260/24.jpg.html

Cogito
Still oversees them and is more powerful and is responsible for them.

This makes absolutely no sense.

New gods have no chance against them outside of prep neutralizing the Source. We saw how easily that fell apart just due to a little interference by Superman.

New Gods had no better or worse chance against DotNG IM than anyone else. You can't and won't find any proof to the contrary. Only difference was IM had no interest in killing non-New Gods (see Superman, whom he was more or less indifferent towards).

quanchi112
This makes absolutely no sense.

New Gods had no better or worse chance against DotNG IM than anyone else. You can't and won't find any proof to the contrary. Only difference was IM had no interest in killing non-New Gods (see Superman, whom he was more or less indifferent towards). It makes perfect sense as the Source is responsible for the new gods. The Source then saw fit when to end it.

We see him run off by Gog showing he was not that powerful IMO.

Galan007
Technically, the Source is responsible for ALL life/super-powered beings across the universe, not just the New Gods-- God Wave, anyone?

And unless you believe that JSA-Gog was more powerful than an ALE-amped Scott Free, then IM probably wasn't 'run off' because of any sort of power differential. /shrug

quanchi112
Technically, the Source is responsible for ALL life/super-powered beings across the universe, not just the New Gods-- God Wave, anyone?

And unless you believe that JSA-Gog was more powerful than an ALE-amped Scott Free, then IM probably wasn't 'run off' because of any sort of power differential. /shrug I believe Gog was more powerful.

Galan007
Than an ALE-amped Scott Free?

Wow.

quanchi112
Than an ALE-amped Scott Free?

Wow. Per god wave we see the combined power of the Source was less than infinite and the Anti Life Equation was the Source at only half power.

Omega Vision
Gorr can't handle that kind of dong.

Galan007
Per god wave we see the combined power of the Source was less than infinite and the Anti Life Equation was the Source at only half power. Okay?

Rage.Of.Olympus

2. Unlike other New Gods, Takion is a direct link to the Source itself. It's what he was created to be. It would make sense that the Source (or his agent) could withdraw that power easily. There's never been any mention of any other New God's power coming from the Source, so what goes for Takion doesn't go for all New Gods.

Apologies, poor phrasing on my part. I didn't mean depowered in the sense he was turned mortal, but that Infinity Man messed with his powers or some such in a way that he can't with Gorr. Hmm, aren't all New Gods connected to the Source and ultimately their energies are a part of it?

But it doesn't matter if he messed with the New God's powers or killed them legitimately. As we saw against Scott with the ALE, he could tap into the Source to empower himself, which puts him on a different level from Gorr.

Gorr's pretty beastly though. It was featless but he time traveled to the Void (Before the Universe was born) and killed an Elder God.

quanchi112
Okay? At half power less than infinite isn't impressive considering we see him turn tail and run from Gog.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Gorr can't handle that kind of dong.

That type of DONG is cosmic. smile

Galan007
Gorr's pretty beastly though. It was featless but he time traveled to the Void (Before the Universe was born) and killed an Elder God. Gorr is beastly. He's also accumulated extremely uber feats very rapidly. Like I said earlier: if his feats keep racking up at their current rate, he'll be a legit threat by the conclusion of this arc.

At half power less than infinite isn't impressive considering we see him turn tail and run from Gog. Kay. I guess you just have a much higher perception of Gog than I do.

quanchi112
Gorr is beastly. He's also accumulated extremely uber feats very rapidly. Like I said earlier: if his feats keep racking up at their current rate, he'll be a legit threat by the conclusion of this arc.

Kay. I guess you just have a much higher perception of Gog than I do. K.

Golgo13
The Source may have created the New Gods, but except for Takion it's not their direct power source. Takion's link to the Source is what makes him unique.

I thought they retconned Takion as a NG.

Cogito
Originally posted by Golgo13
I thought they retconned Takion as a NG.
What? As far as I know he was still originally a human that was transformed into Takion by Highfather.

Zack M
Gorr is beastly. He's also accumulated extremely uber feats very rapidly. Like I said earlier: if his feats keep racking up at their current rate, he'll be a legit threat by the conclusion of this arc.

Kay. I guess you just have a much higher perception of Gog than I do.

So, now that the story is well over, has your opinion changed? I think this would be an excellent match. Gorr was uber, but so was IM.

Zack M
Originally posted by Zack M
So, now that the story is well over, has your opinion changed? I think this would be an excellent match. Gorr was uber, but so was IM.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zack M
So, now that the story is well over, has your opinion changed? I think this would be an excellent match. Gorr was uber, but so was IM. Peak Gorr vs. DotNG Infinity Man would be a great fight. I would probably be inclined to side with IM, narrowly... Though my opinion could definitely be swayed. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.