HOTM Hulk VS Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
HOTM Hulk

VS

Superboy Prime

No BFR

Boy or Banner?

carver9
This has been done a thousand times.

juggerman
Originally posted by carver9

And the result?

LordofBrooklyn

Type HOTM Hulk vs Superboy Prime into the search and tell me what you get.

This is BRAND new!

JakeTheBank
If Prime doesn't end him quickly - and by all rights, he probably won't - he's going to be in a world of hurt.

quanchi112
Hulk beats the shit out of him.

dynamix
i honestly don't know what they are going to do to each other. Prime aint hurting this incarnation of Hulk. at his medicore, even his lower incarnation was already beastly in terms of durability so hulk in HOTM form should be on a WHOLE 'nother level. nobody under perhaps skyfather is hurting hulk. Prime survived a supposedly universal blast and still lived so i don't know what Hulk can do to Prime either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dynamix
i honestly don't know what they are going to do to each other. Prime aint hurting this incarnation of Hulk. at his medicore, even his lower incarnation was already beastly in terms of durability so hulk in HOTM form should be on a WHOLE 'nother level. nobody under perhaps skyfather is hurting hulk. Prime survived a supposedly universal blast and still lived so i don't know what Hulk can do to Prime either. Prime was never directly hit by that blast IMO.

Naija boy
Hulk puts a beating on him.

zopzop
SBP destroys him.

abhilegend
SBP rips hulk's heart out.

Damborgson
Hulk puts the hurt on him

JakeTheBank
I wouldn't put it past Prime to win eventually. But considering the kind of shit that hurts Prime on a regular basis, a punch from Hulk is probably going to make him literally cry.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I wouldn't put it past Prime to win eventually. But considering the kind of shit that hurts Prime on a regular basis, a punch from Hulk is probably going to make him literally cry.
And then he rips him apart like Monarch.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend

thumb up

I somehow doubt that Hulk will be more focused on trolling an amped Superboy and not bother to take the fight seriously until it's too late.

quanchi112

thumb up Hulk would rip open Monarch's suit as soon as the fight began.

TheGodKiller
Hulk wins.

abhilegend
I somehow doubt that Hulk will be more focused on trolling an amped Superboy and not bother to take the fight seriously until it's too late.
Monarch's armor's durability wasn't lessened when he trolled SBP. SBP wouldn't waste time on hulk like he did on monarch and considering hulk is way less durable than monarch, SBP would rip him apart much easily.

quanchi112
Monarch's armor's durability wasn't lessened when he trolled SBP. SBP wouldn't waste time on hulk like he did on monarch and considering hulk is way less durable than monarch, SBP would rip him apart much easily. No, he wouldn't. Prime hasn't even ripped Superboy apart. Quit cherry picking.

Sundipped
^
People need to stop using Conner as some sort of example. He was getting his ass kicked.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
^
People need to stop using Conner as some sort of example. He was getting his ass kicked. He isn't ripping him apart. Hulk>>>>>>>Superboy.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
He isn't ripping him apart. Hulk>>>>>>>Superboy.
Savage Hulk got choked out by a snake. Mjolnirless THor was getting humiliated by Savage Hulk in a fight. Snake >>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnirless Thor!

Spiderman beat the Hulk by dumping a garbage truck on him. Spiderman >>>>>>>> Mjolnirless Thor!

-Pr-
Thought this was a duplicate thread, but didn't see any others.

Anyway, Hulk, probably, seeing as Hulk would start off at an insane level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
Savage Hulk got choked out by a snake. Mjolnirless THor was getting humiliated by Savage Hulk in a fight. Snake >>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnirless Thor!

Spiderman beat the Hulk by dumping a garbage truck on him. Spiderman >>>>>>>> Mjolnirless Thor! But this is HOTM Hulk so the Hulkamaniacs have the last laugh.

JakeTheBank
^
People need to stop using Conner as some sort of example. He was getting his ass kicked.

He was getting his ass kicked but was still able to hurt Prime pretty much every single time they fought. Conner isn't > Prime, but he's obviously at a level where Prime can't no sell him and can't obliterate him without effort.

Spiderman beat the Hulk by dumping a garbage truck on him. Spiderman >>>>>>>> Mjolnirless Thor!

You might have a point if those instances were consistent and not just random one off moments of outright PIS/lowballing.

In any case, seriously trying to equate Prime having issues with Conner in every fight they've had to a snake choking out a far weaker Hulk than this one or other out of the norm low feats makes no sense at all.

I just hope no one thinks that Prime is either going to no sell Hulk or can easily dismiss him.

zopzop
But this is HOTM Hulk so the Hulkamaniacs have the last laugh.
Meh........glare
You might have a point if those instances were consistent and not just random one off moments of outright PIS/lowballing.

In any case, seriously trying to equate Prime having issues with Conner in every fight they've had to a snake choking out a far weaker Hulk than this one or other out of the norm low feats makes no sense at all.

I just hope no one thinks that Prime is either going to no sell Hulk or can easily dismiss him.
MachineMan beat Savage Hulk. MachineMan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnirless Thor!!!!

I can go on, but you get the point.

abhilegend
So we all agree that prime rips hulk apart like he did to monarch. Good. A hugely amped HOTM hulk was getting hurt by A-bomb and She-hulk too after they were amped by a gamma bomb too and he didn't casually dismiss them either.

quanchi112
So we all agree that prime rips hulk apart like he did to monarch. Good. No one agrees with that. That is also an example of him using an amp to get to that point in the fight.

He also did not rip Yat apart in an extended fight.

JakeTheBank
Meh........glare

Yes, I get the point of you using irrelevant random PIS/low feats with a sprinkling of ABC logic. Which again, isn't at all the same as Conner being able to consistently hurt Prime in spite of him clearly being less powerful than him.

JakeTheBank
So we all agree that prime rips hulk apart like he did to monarch. Good. HOTM hulk was getting hurt by A-bomb and She-hulk too after they were amped by a gamma bomb too and he didn't casually dismiss them either.

Hulk also has a borderline retarded healing factor. And I don't believe Hulk would dismiss Prime either.

zopzop
Yes, I get the point of you using irrelevant random PIS/low feats with a sprinkling of ABC logic. Which again, isn't at all the same as Conner being able to consistently hurt Prime in spite of him clearly being less powerful than him.
It's exactly the same. It's called PIS. It's just that this forum seems to sh|t all over SBP for some odd reason.

On panel we have a snake, Machine Man, and Spiderman doing what Mjolnirless Thor couldn't to Savage Hulk : beat him. If those instances are PIS and bringing them up is lowballing then so is Connor being able to survive, much less hurt, a being of SBP's level.

Stoic
Meh........glare

How many times has Savage Hulk literally bent Machine Man? As it has been said, this is not Savage Hulk, but the World Breaker of the Heart of the Monster storyline.

abhilegend
Hulk also has a borderline retarded healing factor. And I don't believe Hulk would dismiss Prime either.
Your point? Prime would rip him apart like monarch if she hulk and A-bomb were hurting him and put him on his ass after he was hugely amped. Good luck healing from that.

Stoic
It's exactly the same. It's called PIS. It's just that this forum seems to sh|t all over SBP for some odd reason.

On panel we have a snake, Machine Man, and Spiderman doing what Mjolnirless Thor couldn't to Savage Hulk : beat him. If those instances are PIS and bringing them up is lowballing then so is Connor being able to survive, much less hurt, a being of SBP's level.

Not if it happened more than once though. Perhaps Connor was SBP's weakness or Kryptonite?

NemeBro
He was getting his ass kicked but was still able to hurt Prime pretty much every single time they fought. Conner isn't > Prime, but he's obviously at a level where Prime can't no sell him and can't obliterate him without effort. So would you agree then that Conner is several times as powerful as Superman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Not if it happened more than once though. Perhaps Connor was SBP's weakness or Kryptonite?
That's exactly what it is.

Stoic
She Hulk and Rick were hugely amped Abhi. You're leaving the facts out.

JakeTheBank
Your point? Prime would rip him apart like monarch if she hulk and A-bomb were hurting him and put him on his ass after he was hugely amped. Good luck healing from that.

A weaker Hulk was healing from punches making holes in him. An even weaker Hulk healed from having his skin and muscles flayed from him. Considering Prime was amped when he fought Monarch and he consistently can't or doesn't rip apart high herald beings, I find it dubious he could do to Hulk. He can obviously hurt him, but don't act like Prime's going to not be hurt by Hulk's fists. It would probably be the straight up dumbest thing spouted in this thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by NemeBro
So would you agree then that Conner is several times as powerful as Superman?
He also destroyed BL Kal-L's body with just a touch. I mean in the same comic SBP pretty much beat superman to a pulp without breaking a sweat and superman said he can't beat prime without help, but connor gave him a fight and now that's norm for him.

JakeTheBank
So would you agree then that Conner is several times as powerful as Superman?

No, I don't. Conner's happened to fight Prime for longer periods of time than Superman. And considering everyone else who's able to hurt Prime on some level, I think it would be absurd to assume that Kal can't hurt Prime.

abhilegend
A weaker Hulk was healing from punches making holes in him. An even weaker Hulk healed from having his skin and muscles flayed from him. Considering Prime was amped when he fought Monarch and he consistently can't or doesn't rip apart high herald beings, I find it dubious he could do to Hulk. He can obviously hurt him, but don't act like Prime's going to not be hurt by Hulk's fists. It would probably be the straight up dumbest thing spouted in this thread.
So high end feats for hulk and lower end for prime? That same hulk which was healing holes in his body couldn't repair the beating Zeus gave him for three days. Surely healing holes in body is much better than some internal damage, right? Merged hulk also needed a whole day to heal some burns once.

So again with this amp bullshit? Prime burned off his amp before he ripped off Monarch's armor and him not ripping high heralds which he has done in the form of wildfire doesn't negates his high end feat. We're going with high end feats, right?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said hulk can't hurt prime.

Stoic
^ Nope the Hulk that Zeus beat is not the same Hulk that is being discussed in this thread Abhi. Per forum ruling you should stay on topic. This is World Breaker Hulk of the HOTM storyline. This is not Family Man hulk that lies down on a slab awaiting the Headsman to lop his dome off. This is not WW Hulk who is holding back, this is not the Savage Hulk or the Merged Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Hulk that Zeus fought isn't comparable to World Breaker. And Prime doesn't have mystical based origin powers that can mess with Hulk.

JakeTheBank
So high end feats for hulk and lower end for connor? That same hulk which was healing holes in his body couldn't repair the beating Zeus gave him for three days. Surely healing holes in body is much better than some internal damage, right? Merged hulk also needed a whole day to heal some burns once.

So again with this amp bullshit? Prime burned off his amp before he ripped off Monarch's armor and him not ripping high heralds which he has done in the form of wildfire doesn't negates his high end feat. We're going with high end feats, right?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said hulk can't hurt prime.

What low end feats am I using for Connor? Hulk wasn't nearly as straight up pissed off as he was during World War Hulk - and no, that doesn't mean WWH Green Scar would have beaten Zeus, so let me preemptively state that before you strawman me (again). Healing literal holes in your body, holes that would undoubtedly cause internal damage seeing as they're going INSIDE and OUT of your body is more impressive than healing from overall blunt force trauma, yes. And Savage Hulk got choked out by a snake as you love to remind people. The point is a sufficiently angry less powerful Hulk can heal nigh instantly from otherwise fatal injuries, let alone Pak's wet dream. Given those facts, I find it unlikely that Prime could literally rip apart HOTM Hulk. In fact, I find it outright retarded to suggest it.

And he was fighting a Monarch who severely and grossly underestimated him the whole time. Pretty sure if Monarch was intent on trolling the phuck out of Hulk and let him get angry enough, Hulk would have ripped through the armor as well.

Irony x9001.

Naija boy
Prime has been hurt multiple times by people exponentially below WBH physically. Under Pak, even at Pre World Breaker levels, Greenscar was doing things like thunderclap koing a hugely amped Rulk, and simultaneously trouncing two savage/Professor hulk level foes amped by a 1000 times. By the time he hit the exponentially higher World Breaker levels he was disintegrating multiple top tiers and armies of class 100s powerful to defeat skyfathers, with the shockwaves of his mid air collisions miles away. Not to mention he tanked the exponentially greater force at the epicentre of said collision without any trouble.

WBH appearances were limited and thus he was fortunate enough to always be consistently portrayed as being in a totally different dimension from top tier/ herald level characters. The same cannot be said for Prime

quanchi112
What low end feats am I using for Connor? Hulk wasn't nearly as straight up pissed off as he was during World War Hulk - and no, that doesn't mean WWH Green Scar would have beaten Zeus, so let me preemptively state that before you strawman me (again). Healing literal holes in your body, holes that would undoubtedly cause internal damage seeing as they're going INSIDE and OUT of your body is more impressive than healing from overall blunt force trauma, yes. And Savage Hulk got choked out by a snake as you love to remind people. The point is a sufficiently angry less powerful Hulk can heal nigh instantly from otherwise fatal injuries, let alone Pak's wet dream. Given those facts, I find it unlikely that Prime could literally rip apart HOTM Hulk. In fact, I find it outright retarded to suggest it.

And he was fighting a Monarch who severely and grossly underestimated him the whole time. Pretty sure if Monarch was intent on trolling the phuck out of Hulk and let him get angry enough, Hulk would have ripped through the armor as well.

Irony x9001. thumb up

zopzop
How many times has Savage Hulk literally bent Machine Man?
Good question. How many times? Their only encounter that I know of ended in Savage Hulk losing.

I know. But I was just using the Savage Hulk vs snake/Machine Man/Spider Man vs Savage Hulk vs Mjolnirless Thor as an example.

Snake, Spider Man, and Machine Man are GNATS to Savage Hulk compared to Mjolnirless Thor, yet they straight up beat Savage Hulk.

Connor is a GNAT compared to SBP yet he does better against him than High Herald characters like Superman? P I S. That's what it is. So using Connor as a way to insult SBP is meaningless.

quanchi112

On panel we have a snake, Machine Man, and Spiderman doing what Mjolnirless Thor couldn't to Savage Hulk : beat him. If those instances are PIS and bringing them up is lowballing then so is Connor being able to survive, much less hurt, a being of SBP's level. Not relevant to HOTM and it isn't a one time thing it's the way he stacks up against Prime.

zopzop
Not relevant to HOTM and it isn't a one time thing it's the way he stacks up against Prime.
Read my post just above yours.

quanchi112
Read my post just above yours. You cannot pick and choose what counts and what does not. We see multiple examples of Superboy taking Prime on. That's the way it is.

JakeTheBank
I know. But I was just using the Savage Hulk vs snake/Machine Man/Spider Man vs Savage Hulk vs Mjolnirless Thor as an example.

Snake, Spider Man, and Machine Man are GNATS to Savage Hulk compared to Mjolnirless Thor, yet they straight up beat Savage Hulk.

Connor is a GNAT compared to SBP yet he does better against him than High Herald characters like Superman? P I S. That's what it is. So using Connor as a way to insult SBP is meaningless.

Except he very clearly isn't a GNAT. Gnat's aren't able to draw blood and endure a horrific ass kicking before being KO'd or killed. If anything, Conner's a feral wildcat. Outclassed in every way, but not to the degree where he can't do some damage.

Even if you think it's PIS (it's not when compared to the other beings capable of consistently causing Prime pain and discomfort), Superboy hurting Prime every time they throw down =/= a snake choking out a vastly inferior Hulk than the one in this thread.

Sundipped
He was getting his ass kicked but was still able to hurt Prime pretty much every single time they fought. Conner isn't > Prime, but he's obviously at a level where Prime can't no sell him and can't obliterate him without effort.

Where are you getting this "every single time" stuff from? no expression
He DID OBLITERATE HIM.Conner was flat out outclassed in their first encounter. In the second, the only reason he got a few punches off was because of the distraction from Wondergirl who was getting curbstomped. That same fist that was delivering punches got crunched by Prime after he decided he'd had enough.

thumb up I don't understand it. erm

abhilegend
^ Nope the Hulk that Zeus beat is not the same Hulk that is being discussed in this thread Abhi. Per forum ruling you should stay on topic. This is World Breaker Hulk of the HOTM storyline. This is not Family Man hulk that lies down on a slab awaiting the Headsman to lop his dome off. This is not WW Hulk who is holding back, this is not the Savage Hulk or the Merged Hulk.
The hulk Zeus beat is more powerful than the hulk Zom strange fought which jake brought up.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Hulk that Zeus fought isn't comparable to World Breaker. And Prime doesn't have mystical based origin powers that can mess with Hulk.
Nobody said it was. Where's the proof that Zeus messed up with Hulk's HF?Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Irony x9001.
For prime. Typo.

Hulk absorbed all the power intelligencia stole him from him at the end of WWH. He was flat out more powerful than the hulk Zom strange fought and that was further shown when he fought a Chaos king amped Zom strange in Hulk 619.

I'm not saying any of that. You are taking high end feats from hulk like healing holes in his body but ignoring a more powerful hulk unable to heal internal damage by Zeus.

Again with Monarch trolling bit? I fail to see what is the point of that? Does that somehow negated Monarch's durability.

Stay in thor camp jake. I know far more about hulk and superman than you can ever imagine.

zopzop
Except he very clearly isn't a GNAT. Gnat's aren't able to draw blood and endure a horrific ass kicking before being KO'd or killed. If anything, Conner's a feral wildcat. Outclassed in every way, but not to the degree where he can't do some damage.

Even if you think it's PIS (it's not when compared to the other beings capable of consistently causing Prime pain and discomfort), Superboy hurting Prime every time they throw down =/= a snake choking out a vastly inferior Hulk than the one in this thread.
Except he IS! Connor surviving a panel vs SBP is PIS of the highest order.

And I know Savage Hulk is "vastly" inferior to WBH, that's not the point. My point was gnats did what Mjolnirless Thor couldn't do vs Savage Hulk which is PIS. Just like the gnat Connor doing better vs SBP than even Superman himself is PIS.

quanchi112

And I know Savage Hulk is "vastly" inferior to WBH, that's not the point. My point was gnats did what Mjolnirless Thor couldn't do vs Savage Hulk which is PIS. Just like the gnat Connor doing better vs SBP than even Superman himself is PIS. False. You don't dictate what's canon the writers do.

JakeTheBank
He DID OBLITERATE HIM.Conner was flat out outclassed in their first encounter. In the second, the only reason he got a few punches off was because of the distraction from Wondergirl who was getting curbstomped. That same fist that was delivering punches got crunched by Prime after he decided he'd had enough.

Every time he's battled Prime, especially right before and after he died, he's been able to hurt him. Often to the point where he literally forces him to cry out in pain. Coupled with the fact that actual high heralds such as J'onn and Hal Jordan are capable of doing so as well, it's anything but PIS that Conner is able to harm him. Conner isn't on Prime's level, clearly, but he's at a threshold where he can hurt Prime and be hurt by Prime without instantly dying. What's PIS about that? If Prime no sold attacks by high heralds consistently you might have a point, but he doesn't in spite of being overall more powerful than them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nobody said it was. Where's the proof that Zeus messed up with Hulk's HF?

Read the comic and the following issues. Hulk's healing factor was greatly diminished, working at like 5% it's usual rate. He literally beat the healing factor out of Hulk. Prime can't do that, he isn't a Skyfather.

psycho gundam
The hulk Zeus beat is more powerful than the hulk Zom strange fought which jake brought up.
Nobody said it was. Where's the proof that Zeus messed up with Hulk's HF?
For prime. Typo.

Hulk absorbed all the power intelligencia stole him from him at the end of WWH. He was flat out more powerful than the hulk Zom strange fought and that was further shown when he fought a Chaos king amped Zom strange in Hulk 619.

I'm not saying any of that. You are taking high end feats from hulk like healing holes in his body but ignoring a more powerful hulk unable to heal internal damage by Zeus. I thought hephaestus referencing the punishment of Prometheus for the same crime of hubris was enough to reconcile that event. Even in the god of war games it was displayed as Prometheus' (and hulk's) durability and regeneration being set in order for vultures to feast on their liver every day.

JakeTheBank

And I know Savage Hulk is "vastly" inferior to WBH, that's not the point. My point was gnats did what Mjolnirless Thor couldn't do vs Savage Hulk which is PIS. Just like the gnat Connor doing better vs SBP than even Superman himself is PIS.

Bullshit.

If Superman was in any position to actually fight Prime for the same duration that Conner was in, I have no doubt that he'd do at least as well. Hell, Superman was more concerned trying to get through to Prime more often than he was trying to fight and beat him.

Stoic

HOTM Hulk would have turned Wonder Girl and Connor into dust though. I think that's the point that is trying to be delivered here.

Sundipped
Every time he's battled Prime, especially right before and after he died, he's been able to hurt him. Often to the point where he literally forces him to cry out in pain. Coupled with the fact that actual high heralds such as J'onn and Hal Jordan are capable of doing so as well, it's anything but PIS that Conner is able to harm him. Conner isn't on Prime's level, clearly, but he's at a threshold where he can hurt Prime and be hurt by Prime without instantly dying. What's PIS about that? If Prime no sold attacks by high heralds consistently you might have a point, but he doesn't in spite of being overall more powerful than them.

What character hasn't been hurt throughout their history? Does Prime have to no sell EVERYTHING that has ever been thrown at him to have a chance in this fight? All of this "he's been hurt before" has no bearing on the overall outcome of a prolonged one on one fight and is in essence a very weak argument. If any of these guys were actually able to defeat him outright then you'd have a legitimate argument.

Endless Mike
Prime decisively. Not even close tbh.

zopzop
Bullshit.

If Superman was in any position to actually fight Prime for the same duration that Conner was in, I have no doubt that he'd do at least as well. Hell, Superman was more concerned trying to get through to Prime more often than he was trying to fight and beat him.
Didn't SBP rip a hole through Superman using heat vision? Yet Connor conspicuously escapes that fate.
http://images.zaazu.com/img/thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.gif

EDIT -
Before someone misinterprets my post, I meant the time Prime's HV wrecked SM's hand.

JakeTheBank
What character hasn't been hurt throughout their history? Does Prime have to no sell EVERYTHING that has ever been thrown at him to have a chance in this fight? All of this "he's been hurt before" has no bearing on the overall outcome of a prolonged one on one fight and is in essence a very weak argument. If any of these guys were actually able to defeat him outright then you'd have a legitimate argument.

Of course not, especially considering I stated many pages ago that I'm not opposed to Prime winning this.

My point is that if low to high heralds have the means to hurt Prime on a consistent basis, then someone like this iteration of Hulk will, without a shadow of a doubt, hurt Prime with his punches. And badly. And yes, Prime can hurt this Hulk as well, but if Prime doesn't end this quickly (which given both his feats and Hulk's, I find doubtful) this is going to be a hellacious fight for him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Prime decisively. Not even close tbh.

Of course it's close.

JakeTheBank
Didn't SBP rip a hole through Superman using heat vision? Yet Connor conspicuously escapes that fate.
http://images.zaazu.com/img/thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.gif

EDIT -
Before someone misinterprets my post, I meant the time Prime's HV wrecked SM's hand.

Prime's heat vision pierced through several characters that didn't die. Even Sodam "The Abortion" Yat got point blank heat vision to the face. And Conner managed to permanently scar Prime as well, too. We also have instances of Phantom Zone Zod's heat vision penetrating Superman.

To that end, heat vision isn't and wouldn't be a one shot kill for most high heralds.

Sundipped
HOTM Hulk would have turned Wonder Girl and Connor into dust though. I think that's the point that is trying to be delivered here.

That won't work on Prime so it's irrelevant for the sake of this thread.

iceman24567
Prime faster and stronger

JakeTheBank
That won't work on Prime so it's irrelevant for the sake of this thread.

If Hulk could theoretically vaporize beings of the same general power level that Prime faced indirectly with the shockwave of his punches where as Prime himself could not, I'd imagine it's relevant.

Obviously, Prime's not going to be disintegrated, but it's certainly a valid point to be made.

Naija boy

Huh?Not a weak argument at all. If a character is able to be consistently as well as substantively hurt (screaming in pain, drawing blood etc) by beings of a certain level, that information is particularly useful in determining how said character would fair in a prolonged fight against a being far above the level that the character in question had been consistently hurt by. The overall outcome of the comic fights is infact not as important as the specific details of the fights (what he was hurt by, how his punches affected his opponent etc) when being translated to a forum setting because within a comic, the plot and and specific character personalities and mentalities largely determine how characters fight and the tactics they employ. These in turn largely determine the outcome of fights and vary tremendously from comic to comic. On the other hand details like the effectuality of the particular characters attacks on his opponenent and vice versa give us a more objective assessment of the characters actual capabilities and power level and are thus more relevant in a forum in which extenuating circumstances and conditions are minimized.

Golgo13
Prime.

Sundipped
If Hulk could theoretically vaporize beings of the same general power level that Prime faced indirectly with the shockwave of his punches where as Prime himself could not, I'd imagine it's relevant.

Obviously, Prime's not going to be disintegrated, but it's certainly a valid point to be made.

Wasn't that force generated from 2 beings though?
If so, then Hulk doing that doesn't necessarily equate to him being>>>>>Prime in terms of strength despite Prime not walking through his opponents in the same manner.

zopzop
Prime's heat vision pierced through several characters that didn't die. Even Sodam "The Abortion" Yat got point blank heat vision to the face.
Well he was AMPED by the ION Entity no?

Yet more powerful beings didn't do squat to SBP. P I S.

Of course not. It depends where the "body puncturing HV" attack was aimed. Just like a bullet to the shoulder wouldn't kill me immediately, yet that same bullet to my brain or heart would end me.

You seriously comparing those F-listers Hulk killed to DC's A-list lineup?! sick

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Prime decisively. Not even close tbh. laughing out loud

quanchi112
HOTM Hulk would have turned Wonder Girl and Connor into dust though. I think that's the point that is trying to be delivered here. He wouldn't even feel a Superboy punch let alone be beaten down by the Teen Titans.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Naija boy
Huh?Not a weak argument at all. If a character is able to be consistently as well as substantively hurt (screaming in pain, drawing blood etc) by beings of a certain level, that information is particularly useful in determining how said character would fair in a prolonged fight against a being far above the level that the character in question had been consistently hurt by. The overall outcome of the comic fights is infact not as important as the specific details of the fights (what he was hurt by, how his punches affected his opponent etc) when being translated to a forum setting because within a comic, the plot and and specific character personalities and mentalities largely determine how characters fight and the tactics they employ. These in turn largely determine the outcome of fights and vary tremendously from comic to comic. On the other hand details like the effectuality of the particular characters attacks on his opponenent and vice versa give us a more objective assessment of the characters actual capabilities and power level and are thus more relevant in a forum in which extenuating circumstances and conditions are minimized.

It was more of a response of me being fed up with the "hurt" argument and hearing it so much, especially in Prime's case. Sure Prime has been hurt but that's not something that severely handicaps him during the course of battle. A little blood drawn really means nothing in his case. He was in good shape after beating the crap out of ION....a fight in which he was bleeding heavily against a being beyond the herald level characters that are constantly brought up against Prime. So just because he gets staggered or an opponent draws blood, Prime is still able to push on and pound it out. I understand what you're saying but that was my main complaint. I just wish people wouldn't focus as much on that as they do.

Naija boy
If so, then Hulk doing that doesn't necessarily equate to him being>>>>>Prime in terms of strength despite Prime not walking
through his opponents in the same manner.

Even if you divided the force generated by 2, The facts that the characters were:

1.- Disintegrated/vaporized (which in this context takes several orders of magnitude more force than a mere ko)
2.- Not even directly hit, but disintegrated by the shockwave of the concussive force (which would take several orders of magnitude more force than even disintegrating them from a direct hit)
3.- A very good distance away from the direct hit (what looked to be Miles away and which in turn would take exponentially more force than if they were disintegrated without being hit, but within close proximity of the direct hit. )

mean that even dividing it by two, the force required and strength being displayed still far exceeds (exponentially exceeds) and isnt even comparable to that being displayed by Prime in his fights against characters of similar strength.

JakeTheBank

Well he was AMPED by the ION Entity no?

Yet more powerful beings didn't do squat to SBP. P I S.

Of course not. It depends where the "body puncturing HV" attack was aimed. Just like a bullet to the shoulder wouldn't kill me immediately, yet that same bullet to my brain or heart would end me.

You seriously comparing those F-listers Hulk killed to DC's A-list lineup?! sick

And he did jack all with it.

More powerful beings than Conner hurt him to the point of crying out in pain.

You're applying human physiology and how important those organs are to us to a guy who's survived without a heart in addition to far more damaging attacks than heat vision.

I wasn't aware the Teen Titans and the mid-tier beings on the JSA in addition to the other random heroes are A-Listers, let alone that Wendigo and co. were F-Listers. Even if you don't subscribe to the theory that they were literally amped to x1000 power, at their base, they were peers to Savage Hulk. That's grossly impressive to be able to incinerate those beings without even punching them directly.

NemeBro
No, I don't. Conner's happened to fight Prime for longer periods of time than Superman. And considering everyone else who's able to hurt Prime on some level, I think it would be absurd to assume that Kal can't hurt Prime. He happens to have actually on-panel gotten the upper hand against Superboy Prime.

Superman has never managed something like that. Ever. The closest he came was when he grabbed Prime from behind and tried to redeem him. He promptly had heat vision shot through his hand for his troubles.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So basically Superboy > Superman is what you're saying?

JakeTheBank
He happens to have actually on-panel gotten the upper hand against Superboy Prime.

Superman has never managed something like that. Ever. The closest he came was when he grabbed Prime from behind and tried to redeem him. He promptly had heat vision shot through his hand for his troubles.

Which isn't outlandish considering high heralds can do the same to skyfathers and above. A low/mid herald doing that to a trans, however briefly, isn't insane nor PIS in my honest opinion.

As you said, Superman was more intent on redeeming Prime than fighting him outright. If Superman had to face Prime for as long as Conner did (and had the intention of actually trying to kick his ass instead of reason with him), I have no doubt he would have done as good as Conner if not better. And I don't think Prime HVing his hand can or should translate into "if he shot him in the face/head/heart/etc. Superman would be instantly killed" (not that you specifically are stating that, though).

Naija boy
It was more of a response of me being fed up with the "hurt" argument and hearing it so much, especially in Prime's case. Sure Prime has been hurt but that's not something that severely handicaps him during the course of battle. A little blood drawn really means nothing in his case. He was in good shape after beating the crap out of ION....a fight in which he was bleeding heavily against a being beyond the herald level characters that are constantly brought up against Prime. So just because he gets staggered or an opponent draws blood, Prime is still able to push on and pound it out. I understand what you're saying but that was my main complaint. I just wish people wouldn't focus as much on that as they do.

Against characters of similar levels to those he was fighting when he got hurt and such I understand why him being hurt or staggered would not be such an issue since he has shown the ability to push on in such scenarios. But against a character with an exponentially higher damage output than any of those characters in question? That is going to be a huge huge issue.

Sundipped
^Understandable. I never said it would be easy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So basically Superboy > Superman is what you're saying? That is absurd.

NemeBro
So basically Superboy > Superman is what you're saying? No, it seems to be what some happen to believe.

carver9
If so, then Hulk doing that doesn't necessarily equate to him being>>>>>Prime in terms of strength despite Prime not walking through his opponents in the same manner.

Prime and Yat clashed and nothing close to what WBH and Betty did happened during their clash. The strength between this Hulk and Prime is seeable but the thing about this is, Hulk will continue to get stronger.

zopzop
Prime and Yat clashed and nothing close to what WBH and Betty did happened during their clash. The strength between this Hulk and Prime is seeable but the thing about this is, Hulk will continue to get stronger.
Bor and Odinforce Thor clashed and humans in the general area weren't even killed. Collateral Damage isn't a good indication of power in comics because it's all over the place depending on writer and artist.

Omega Vision
At the risk of agreeing with Zop...I'm agreeing with Zop, to a point.

Collateral damage is a great indicator of power, but in comics the lack of collateral damage isn't an indicator of relative weakness.

carver9
Bor and Odinforce Thor clashed and humans in the general area weren't even killed. Collateral Damage isn't a good indication of power in comics because it's all over the place depending on writer and artist.

Its not the collateral damage that I am talking about here...its the people that was melted that I'm talking about.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Collateral damage is a great indicator of power, but in comics the lack of collateral damage isn't an indicator of relative weakness.

I understand that but the evidence is there. We have people that is as strong as the people Prime has taken damage from punching and Blasting Hulk to no avail. We then have evidence of what a single punch from Hulk could do. Clear cut to me.

JakeTheBank

This is true. But the fact they blew up a planet isn't the most important thing to take away from that feat, but rather that they indirectly vaporized beings who are peers to Savage Hulk and also amped in addition to beings whom Umar was struggling with.

In Bor and OF Thor's case, they didn't create a lot of colletaral damage (though Bor's energy was going to destroy the Earth if he kept pouring it on by Thor's account), but Thor hit Bor so hard that Mjolnir actually shattered. That's probably one of the best displays of durability around, even though Bor himself died in the process.

NemeBro
Which isn't outlandish considering high heralds can do the same to skyfathers and above. A low/mid herald doing that to a trans, however briefly, isn't insane nor PIS in my honest opinion.

As you said, Superman was more intent on redeeming Prime than fighting him outright. If Superman had to face Prime for as long as Conner did (and had the intention of actually trying to kick his ass instead of reason with him), I have no doubt he would have done as good as Conner if not better. And I don't think Prime HVing his hand can or should translate into "if he shot him in the face/head/heart/etc. Superman would be instantly killed" (not that you specifically are stating that, though).

Superman was more intent on redeeming Prime than fighting him outright:

A. That one time.

B. Because he knew he had no hope of beating Prime. (This is the important part).

Well no, the hand is a lot smaller than the chest or head.

But Prime's HV has gone right through his chest (close to the shoulder) and out the other side, while Prime was in a greatly diminished state, too.

So do you believe that Superman can survive his brain being incinerated? Because the notion that Superman can somehow survive heat vision through his brain implies as much.

Guy Gardner (Guy actually blasts Prime in the chest, which affects him no more than a light breeze, Prime powers through and has him at his mercy), Hal Jordan (Caused no cosmetic damage, was quickly overwhelmed and had his arm broken), Superman, Black Adam (Magical lightning may have been ineffective, but he is still a being with strength on par with Superman, and his punches did nothing), the Flashes in SCW (Despite Flash-phobia, their punches were ineffective at actually hurting him), Martian Manhunter (He sucker punched him once in IC, but in SCW, Prime treats him like a kid, right after he hits Hawkman in the face with his own mace), Wonder Woman (KO'd her and a group of heroes at less than full power in Sinestro Corps War with one attack), and then of course the hero dog pile that SBP instantly overpowered when the sun hit his fingertips.

Yet somehow, Superboy has done better against Prime than all of those heroes, alone, even when they teamed up against him. Why is that?

zopzop
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Mmmhmm. Come on over to the Dark Side. I've already gotten to Branlor Swift (SoK's vs Thanos). This is just another notch on Zop's belt.
This is true. But the fact they blew up a planet isn't the most important thing to take away from that feat, but rather that they indirectly vaporized beings who are peers to Savage Hulk and also amped in addition to beings whom Umar was struggling with.

In Bor and OF Thor's case, they didn't create a lot of colletaral damage (though Bor's energy was going to destroy the Earth if he kept pouring it on by Thor's account), but Thor hit Bor so hard that Mjolnir actually shattered. That's probably one of the best displays of durability around, even though Bor himself died in the process.
I actually agree with most everything you said here with one exception : the Mindless Ones. They are ALL OVER the place power wise. So I'm not impressed with them. I actually had scans of some embarrassing MOs showings but lost them on my old HD. Oh well.

Regarding HOTM Hulk and SBP, I guess we'll never agree but at least the conversation was cordial.

PS I can't wait till Galan and Abhi see my new avatar and sig, they'll get coronaries! laughing

Naija boy
The mindless ones were explicitly indicated as being too powerful A as whole in that portrayal for Umar to even survive. Them having inconsistent previous showings is irrelevant when their power level in the comics in question is clearly indicated.

ODG

Spiderman beat the Hulk by dumping a garbage truck on him. Spiderman >>>>>>>> Mjolnirless Thor! Had Savage Hulk been struggling with and/or sent packing by the same snake every time, this analogy might have a point.

Had Spider-Man defeated Savage Hulk every time they fought... yea. Originally posted by JakeTheBank

In Bor and OF Thor's case, they didn't create a lot of colletaral damage (though Bor's energy was going to destroy the Earth if he kept pouring it on by Thor's account), but Thor hit Bor so hard that Mjolnir actually shattered. That's probably one of the best displays of durability around, even though Bor himself died in the process. The most important thing I think that is being overlooked is the fact that Hulk and Betty did this with their opening salvo and neither of them were even hurt by it. They were laughing.

In other words, the had just started their fight. That indirect planet-busting wasn't the final crescendo after a long epic fight with one foe being laid low in the aftermath. It was just what they opened up with.

HOTM Hulk would beat Superboy Prime. And this has been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=556663&pagenumber=1

zopzop
The mindless ones were explicitly indicated as being too powerful A as whole in that portrayal for Umar to even survive. Them having inconsistent previous showings is irrelevant when their power level in the comics in question is clearly indicated.
Yeah about that. Umar went from a being as feared as Dormammu (her original appearance) to Dormammu's rival/sidekick (70s-90s) to glorified whore (2000s+); which is what she was in that arc.

So she currently doesn't impress me......at all.

leonidas
i don't really think prime could do enough damage to this hulk tbh. this hulk should conceivably be able to heal from almost anything. even if prime heat visioned his heart hulk would heal. prime's only hope would be his speed to make the battle last but given what this hulk should be able to do healing wise, i can't see prime winning this one, though i could see him getting in his fair share of damage. it just wouldn't be lasting.

ODG
Yeah about that. Umar went from a being as feared as Dormammu (her original appearance) to Dormammu's rival/sidekick (70s-90s) to glorified whore (2000s+); which is what she was in that arc.

So she currently doesn't impress me......at all. She easily restrained a holding back Worldbreaker Hulk with her magic. Neither Zom Strange, nor Zeus can even boast such a feat. And she completely no-sold her entire planet blowing up right in her face.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
She easily restrained a holding back Worldbreaker Hulk with her magic. Neither Zom Strange, nor Zeus can even boast such a feat. And she completely no-sold her entire planet blowing up right in her face.
Zeus was toying with him. And Strange only had access to the Zomling's power (the TINY portion that survived the LT's wrath) :
http://s11.postimg.org/uwuztq5jz/zom_ht1.jpg this is what was inside the Amphora.

And even then Strange was fighting the Zomling's influence that caused him to lose.

Naija boy

As said by Omega vision collateral damage isn't a good indicator of the lack of power specifically. It is often used to indicate power though. In the case of the HOTM it was merely an add on to the clear cut relative powerlevel comparisons between characters which is one of the best ways of determining powerlevels. Hulk with the residual shockwave of a mid air collision miles away disintegrated Wendigo (savage/prof hulk level), bi beast ( prof hulk/savage hulk level), an amped fing fang foom (amped enough to apparently conquer earth and to something like 17 hercs worth of power), Armcheddon (physically superior to both Wendigo and bi beast, powerful enough to put down an angry prof hulk with one blast), and the race of mindless ones portrayed so powerfully that Umar (skyfather level) in her own realm wouldn't even survive them. All with the residual shockwave from miles away . Meanwhile he was at the center of aforementioned collision ( meaning he experienced exponentially more force that that which caused all this devastation) and didn't break a sweat...

Forget collateral damage, In terms of relative powerlevel portrayal versus the Herald tier, Wbh blows SBP outta the water.

Naija boy

So she currently doesn't impress me......at all.
There was no indication of Umar being depowered in HOTM. Heck even in the defenders arc ( which came out in the 2000s) were the whole sexual aspect of her character was really emphasized, she was still portrayed as Dormammus peer (while being slightly below him as always) and in that arc Dormammu was taking over the damn multiverse/universe. Calling her a glorified white takes nothing away from her established powerlevel.

zopzop
Forget collateral damage, In terms of relative powerlevel portrayal versus the Herald tier, Wbh blows SBP outta the water.
Yeah, I agree. Vs F-List "Herald" level beings WBH came off looking way more impressive than SBP vs DC's A-Listers.

ODG
Zeus was toying with him. And Strange only had access to the Zomling's power (the TINY portion that survived the LT's wrath) :

http://s11.postimg.org/uwuztq5jz/zom_ht1.jpg this is what was inside the Amphora.

And even then Strange was fighting the Zomling's influence that caused him to lose. Zeus was fighting World War Hulk. He never went Worldbreaker in that fight. And Zeus gave him the business. He didn't toy with sh1t. Zom Strange never fought Worldbreaker Hulk either. That portion of Zom still allowed him enough power to outperform an unleashed Sentry and pretty much every hero and villain that tried to fight World War Hulk.

Umar casually restrained a Worldbreaker Hulk with her magic. Something neither Zeus, nor Zom Strange can boast of doing. She also no-sold her entire planet blowing up in her face with casual annoyance. Trying to diminish what Worldbreaker Hulk achieved by backhandedly suggesting Umar wasn't anything special is an exercise in complete ignorance. There's nothing further to say about it.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Zeus was fighting World War Hulk. He never went Worldbreaker in that fight. And Zeus gave him the business. He didn't toy with sh1t. Zom Strange never fought Worldbreaker Hulk either. That portion of Zom still allowed him enough power to outperform an unleashed Sentry and pretty much every hero and villain that tried to fight World War Hulk.

Umar casually restrained a Worldbreaker Hulk with her magic. Something neither Zeus, nor Zom Strange can boast of doing. She also no-sold her entire planet blowing up in her face with casual annoyance. Trying to diminish what Worldbreaker Hulk achieved by backhandedly suggesting Umar wasn't anything special is an exercise in complete ignorance. There's nothing further to say about it.
Zeus could have insta-killed Hulk if he wanted to but instead decided to get into a brawl with him for the lulz.

The Zomling was just a fraction of the true Zom. The true Zom had Umar with the Flames of Regency sh|tting herself in fear and she ran with her tail between her loose legs.

Either Zeus or true Zom would crush Umar.

Naija boy
Yeah, I agree. Vs F-List "Herald" level beings WBH came off looking way more impressive than SBP vs DC's A-Listers.

Lol wut?.. get back to to me when you have a cogent serious minded argument based on actual powerlevels and portrayal as opposed to one that utilizes meaningless terms like A list and F list as a basis for drawing inane conclusions and ignoring on pan
el depiction. You have got to be kidding me. The characters hulk fought may not have their own ongoing or anything but there appearances have been more than sufficient in establishing their general powerlevel. Even more so for the mindless ones whose powerlevel was explicitly indicated. Dismissing or belittling all of them on the basis of such flimsy reasoning is nonsensical.

carver9
I thought Umar possessed Dormammu power during the time (and currently) which is the reason he doesn't have the flame...pretty much powerless.

zopzop
Lol wut?.. get back to to me when you have a cogent serious minded argument based on actual powerlevels and portrayal as opposed to one that utilizes meaningless terms like A list and F list as a basis for drawing inane conclusions and ignoring on panel depiction. You have got to be kidding me.
I'm being dead serious. And don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

You really believe that Marvel would have HOTM Hulk vaporize Thor like that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

HOTM Hulk conveniently vaporized nobodies and also rans.

You think DC would allow SBP to rip Superman or even Wonder Woman in two like he did those no name Lanterns (both Green and Yellow who are at least herald level beings)? No right?

Writer Armor for the win!

LeonBuco666
SPB gets his shit pushed in

carver9
Don't get it...for them to be so low (the Heralds Hulk took out)...they have some pretty decent showings under their belts. Armaggedon stomped both Surfer and Merged Hulk combined without effort. Wendigo have a track record of taking on teams and actually stalemating Savage Hulk. The only one Zop can make a case for is Bi Beast and he even have some major showings (minus his run in with Thor and even then, during his first fight he did well). For them to be F listers, they are hellava powerful.

JakeTheBank
They're "F" Listers only in terms of popularity.

zopzop
They're "F" Listers only in terms of popularity.
But that's my whole point.

You KNOW no writer would have allowed HOTM Hulk to vaporize Thor. Not one. Same deal with SBP and DC's money makers.

No-name Lanterns are at least herald level beings no? And SBP was ripping them in half and punching wholes in them with his HV like it was going out of style. Yet none of their A-Listers/Money Makers got that treatment even though he was plowing through them.

-Pr-
shrug Inverse ninja theory.

It doesn't make Hulk any less powerful, but it has to be considered, imo.

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
shrug Inverse ninja theory.

It doesn't make Hulk any less powerful, but it has to be considered, imo.
Inverse F-List ninjas. Which is even worse.

JakeTheBank
But that's my whole point.

You KNOW no writer would have allowed HOTM Hulk to vaporize Thor. Not one. Same deal with SBP and DC's money makers.

No name Lanterns are at least herald level beings no? And SBP was ripping them in half and punching wholes in them like it was going out of style. Yet none of their A-Listers/Money Makers got that treatment even though he was plowing through them.

Why, though?

Thor actually has incredible feats of his own to warrant arguing him surviving an encounter with HotM Hulk, let alone when you factor in the ridiculousness that is Mjolnir. I doubt he'd win, though.

No name Lanterns have shit durability outside of space cheese (and even then, they've been killed by some of those). They certainly don't boast the feats of durability that many low and even high meta class characters have, let alone the elite heralds.

Wendigo and co. on the other hand, actually have feats hanging with Savage Hulk, who in turn as a rule, is at least a mid-herald with the potential to grow even more powerful. To just ignore that peers of Savage Hulk, who were amped, were instantly vaporized by the alpha strike of Hulk and Betty doesn't even make sense.

carver9
Inverse F-List ninjas. Which is even worse.

Why does it matter when those same people you are using to downplay the ft have consistent high end showings.? I can understand if writers previously treated these characters like crap but going by writers history of the characters, that makes the ft even better. Then they was amped.

zopzop
Why, though?

Thor actually has incredible feats of his own to warrant arguing him surviving an encounter with HotM Hulk, let alone when you factor in the ridiculousness that is Mjolnir. I doubt he'd win, though.

No name Lanterns have shit durability outside of space cheese (and even then, they've been killed by some of those). They certainly don't boast the feats of durability that many low and even high meta class characters have, let alone the elite heralds.

Wendigo and co. on the other hand, actually have feats hanging with Savage Hulk, who in turn as a rule, is at least a mid-herald with the potential to grow even more powerful. To just ignore that peers of Savage Hulk, who were amped, were instantly vaporized by the alpha strike of Hulk and Betty doesn't even make sense. Originally posted by carver9
Why does it matter when those same people you are using to downplay the ft have consistent high end showings.? I can understand if writers previously treated these characters like crap but going by writers history of the characters, that makes the ft even better. Then they was amped.
Jake, Carver, all I'm saying is those "amped" Heralds that Hulk vaporized were expendable; A good majority of the characters SBP fought, which includes Connor, weren't.

ODG
Zeus could have insta-killed Hulk if he wanted to but instead decided to get into a brawl with him for the lulz.

The Zomling was just a fraction of the true Zom. The true Zom had Umar with the Flames of Regency sh|tting herself in fear and she ran with her tail between her loose legs.

Either Zeus or true Zom would crush Umar. Sure, but Zeus didn't stop World War Hulk as casually as Umar did. And Umar did that to World War Hulk going Worldbreaker. I trust even you can appreciate the difference.

Thank you for wasting time by typing a statement of unextraordinary fact.

We appreciate that the point you were hoping to fabricate -- Umar wasn't powerful in that arc, so obliterating the entire race of Mindless Ones who were giving her trouble isn't a feat -- fell flat on its face completely:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/11/99/0f2b06004f51de125859a3ca065193f9-girl-looking-in-mirror-falls-flat-on-face.gif

Mind your step next time.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Sure, but Zeus didn't stop World War Hulk as casually as Umar did. And Umar did that to World War Hulk going Worldbreaker. I trust even you can appreciate the difference.

We appreciate that the point you were hoping to fabricate -- Umar wasn't powerful in that arc, so obliterating the entire race of Mindless Ones who were giving her trouble isn't a feat -- fell flat on its face completely:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/11/99/0f2b06004f51de125859a3ca065193f9-girl-looking-in-mirror-falls-flat-on-face.gif

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/sleepy-smiley.gif

carver9
laughing out loud

carver9
Jake, Carver, all I'm saying is those "amped" Heralds that Hulk vaporized were expendable; A good majority of the characters SBP fought, which includes Connor, weren't.

The people that Prime fought and killed was expendable as well but he didn't kill any of them as casually as Hulk. Your point is irrelevant. You're still my buddy though.

-Pr-
The people that Prime fought and killed was expendable as well but he didn't kill any of them as casually as Hulk. Your point is irrelevant. You're still my buddy though.

No, they weren't expendable. Unless you think Geoff Johns is really going to kill off a good chunk of DC's A and B listers.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, they weren't expendable. Unless you think Geoff Johns is really going to kill off a good chunk of DC's A and B listers.

Not all but some of them were. A lot of them were.

-Pr-
Not all but some of them were. A lot of them were.

Not nearly "a lot". Not in the slightest.

Pak was obviously trying to make a point in his writing, and he needed sacrificial lambs to do it.

quanchi112
Inverse F-List ninjas. Which is even worse. They were amped and the point was clear; Hulks a badass under Pak.

Naija boy

This type of reasoning just has no place in a serious discussion. Yes the characters Hulk fought were perhaps less well known than some of the characters that prime fought but that has no bearing on their displayed or indicated power levels. I mean several of the top feats of the cream of the crop of the herald tier involve characters who have even less of a backstory than some of those involved in the HOTM incident. Tenebrous, Aegis, Gor, Dominus, Mrungo Mu, Scrier, Other, Durok, etc and I could go on and on. In terms of popularity and relevance in the grand scheme of things these would fit in the same F lister category, but it doesn't take away from the feats involving them in the slightest.

Taking this reasoning to its logical conclusion wed have to start disregarding feats if the characters involved are not popular enough. Maybe a threshold, that once it goes beyond a C-list or D-list character it is of no use? Its just absurd and denigrating WBH level based off of such turns your entire argument into a farce.

abhilegend
Read the comic and the following issues. Hulk's healing factor was greatly diminished, working at like 5% it's usual rate. He literally beat the healing factor out of Hulk. Prime can't do that, he isn't a Skyfather.
He didn't blow a hole in hulk and it was just internal damage. Of course he beat the healing factor out of him, you were implying that Zeus somehow nullified hulk's HF. He would straight up rip hulk apart like he did to monarch bro.Originally posted by psycho gundam
I thought hephaestus referencing the punishment of Prometheus for the same crime of hubris was enough to reconcile that event. Even in the god of war games it was displayed as Prometheus' (and hulk's) durability and regeneration being set in order for vultures to feast on their liver every day.
Speculations ftw.

thumb up

carver9
Sigh

abhilegend
Sigh
Shut up.

janus77
WBH obliterates SBP.

WBH was just beginning to unleash, no signs of fatigue or reduction in effectiveness. He could just keep pouring out the power and amping up more and more.

curryman
You hear that guys?

His power is maximum.

dynamix
Originally posted by ODG
Sure, but Zeus didn't stop World War Hulk as casually as Umar did. And Umar did that to World War Hulk going Worldbreaker. I trust even you can appreciate the difference.

sonned!

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
You hear that guys?

His power is maximum.
Janus thinks Hulk can beat everybody. Except surfer who is Odin level in his opinion and Odin oneshotting surfer is PIS.

srug

quanchi112
He didn't blow a hole in hulk and it was just internal damage. Of course he beat the healing factor out of him, you were implying that Zeus somehow nullified hulk's HF. He would straight up rip hulk apart like he did to monarch bro.
Speculations ftw.

thumb up He had an amp to get to that point and has never ripped Superboy apart.

Hulk makes him fly away faster than a Flash.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He didn't blow a hole in hulk and it was just internal damage. Of course he beat the healing factor out of him, you were implying that Zeus somehow nullified hulk's HF. He would straight up rip hulk apart like he did to monarch bro.

Internal damage is meaningless to the Hulk, it makes no difference to his healing factor. Zeus' power did in someway nullify his healing factor. Somehow he was able to mess with it, Pak even went on to confirm that Zeus cheated during the fight. It might not have been intentional but it's still not something that Prime can replicate.

leonidas
Internal damage is meaningless to the Hulk, it makes no difference to his healing factor. Zeus' power did in someway nullify his healing factor. Somehow he was able to mess with it, Pak even went on to confirm that Zeus cheated during the fight. It might not have been intentional but it's still not something that Prime can replicate.

tbh that was my understanding as well.....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mhmm.

leonidas
regardless of what you feel happened there, the main point is this--prime is powerful, but he's not a skyfather. any attempt at suggesting that just because zeus did it, prime could do it is.....odg prolly has some cute lating term for that type of logic. i'll just say it's dumb.

Zack Fair
Internal damage is meaningless to the Hulk, it makes no difference to his healing factor. Zeus' power did in someway nullify his healing factor. Somehow he was able to mess with it, Pak even went on to confirm that Zeus cheated during the fight. It might not have been intentional but it's still not something that Prime can replicate. What did Zeus do?Originally posted by zopzop
Dude that sig is pretty cool.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Somehow his powers messed with Hulk's healing factor. The dude was a mess for entire issues after, barely healing and shit. If it wasn't for his friends he'd have died from the beating.

Pak explained that Zeus cheated during the fight. He never indicated whether it was on purpose or accidental. I'm guessing it was the lightning charges his fists were creating. Probably didn't mean to, he's a man of his word but he's a Skyfather, by nature there powers can f*ck with things.

Zack Fair
Somehow? How did Pak explain Zeus cheated? What did he say exactly?

quanchi112
Janus thinks Hulk can beat everybody. Except surfer who is Odin level in his opinion and Odin oneshotting surfer is PIS.

srug So ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Somehow? How did Pak explain Zeus cheated? What did he say exactly?

Here's a scan from the comic:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/zuessmash.jpg

"You've been hit by Zeus. Your strength won't return for a long time...and your wounds will only heal fast enough...."

Hulk spends the next few issues in intensive care, barely healing and being very weak. I was going to look for the interview but I think a direct scan is better (Also I'm lazy and a Thor fanboy not a Hulk fanboy) evidence.

Anyways, yea, Prime can't replicate what Zeus did.

abhilegend
Weren't you the same guy who said in a recent thread that speculations wouldn't cut it and you need hard proof? Back-peddling already?

quanchi112
Weren't you the same guy who said in a recent thread that speculations wouldn't cut it and you need hard proof? Back-peddling already? He cited the comic itself as proof.

Zack Fair
Sort of agree. I was asking about what exactly Zeus did, because I had read that line before and frankly I don't see how Zeus did anything to hinder his healing factor. Perhaps he beat him so bad his healing factor was taxed too much.

Not claiming Prime would be able to replicate what Zeus did though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Sort of agree. I was asking about what exactly Zeus did, because I had read that line before and frankly I don't see how Zeus did anything to hinder his healing factor. Perhaps he beat him so bad his healing factor was taxed too much.

Not claiming Prime would be able to replicate what Zeus did though. Magic.

Nibedicus
Was the Hulk Zeus beat up even the same as HOTM Hulk? I know it happened right after the arc but was his mindset/anger levels even remotely the same?

ODG
^ No. And, no.

Nibedicus
Then why are ppl even bothering with arguing about Zeus-Hulk when he isn't in this thead? Seems like such a waste of time IMO.

Galan007
It's almost as if.... Some people lack common sense!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>