Gog & Doomsday Vs Loki & Bor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
No BFR. Gog and DD from Gog Wars.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/gwgog_powers7.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BOR_zps02ca9f4e.jpg
&
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LOK_zps0051ddeb.jpg

SevenShackles
So Gog and doomsday from that comic or old man Gog and good guy doomsday from that comic? The last two are a little hard to judge.

Galan007
All I know is that version of DD was weaksauce. Took him decadeS to punch through 1 mile of granite:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16193638/ac825_js_22.jpg.html

ermm

leonidas
but that gog could pull an infinite number of himselves from the time stream. and though he wasn't as powerful as superman, he was capable of learning and becoming more powerful as he went back and learned. his army of selves battled the supermen and doomsday for what, a 100 years or something, while the TRUE gog tortured the true superman? i don't see any way the asgardians can win against a powerset like gog's unless they can somehow meddle with the time stream, and even then it would only be speculation. gog's power actually WAS a broken power.

but yeah, wtf was up with that dd and that granite? this was supposed to be the ultimate form or something, and he certainly seemed to be, by hi talk, at LEAST superman level.....

Galan007
While it may not make a lot of sense, technically all Gogs(even the one who stalemated Infinity Man in JSA) are the same guy: William Matthews.

I know. That version of DD should have been far and away superior to any other version we've seen, but 20+ years to punch through 1 mile of granite? I can't believe any writer would be dumb enough to put that in a comic.

leonidas
yeah, i knew it was matthews, but i couldn't recall why he was so much less powerful than he was in the jsa, and why his powerset was shown to be so different. was it ever explained, or am i just forgetting...?

Galan007
It was never explained. I can only assume the vast difference in power application had to do with the 200 years of prep that Gog gave himself before he started the war:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16193654/ac825_js_06.jpg.html

Why there was such an enormous difference between the Gogs from a physical standpoint was never expanded on, though. I chalk it up solely to writers trying to cram 20 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag. /shrug

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
While it may not make a lot of sense, technically all Gogs(even the one who stalemated Infinity Man in JSA) are the same guy: William Matthews.

I know. That version of DD should have been far and away superior to any other version we've seen, but 20+ years to punch through 1 mile of granite? I can't believe any writer would be dumb enough to put that in a comic.
Chuck austen for ya.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Chuck austen for ya. Does it really matter ? People don't typically read stories for battle boards.

Golgo13
Originally posted by abhilegend
Chuck austen for ya.

Austen had a decent start in his X-Men run. But, yeah, that was retarded.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Austen had a decent start in his X-Men run. But, yeah, that was retarded. It isn't always about the feats. Maybe it is to you not to me.

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas
but that gog could pull an infinite number of himselves from the time stream. and though he wasn't as powerful as superman, he was capable of learning and becoming more powerful as he went back and learned. his army of selves battled the supermen and doomsday for what, a 100 years or something, while the TRUE gog tortured the true superman? i don't see any way the asgardians can win against a powerset like gog's unless they can somehow meddle with the time stream, and even then it would only be speculation. gog's power actually WAS a broken power.

but yeah, wtf was up with that dd and that granite? this was supposed to be the ultimate form or something, and he certainly seemed to be, by hi talk, at LEAST superman level.....

I always found that impressive. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can't Gog just summon an infinite amount of clones through the the time stream? Even if Bor could like one-shot a Gog, he could always just bring them on indefinitely.

Although Bor had mystical abilities such as when he cursed and banished the Disir and Loki is well Loki, he can do almost anything. So I guess it comes down to if they can use their magic to counter Gog before he wears them down?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can't Gog just summon an infinite amount of clones through the the time stream? Even if Bor could like one-shot a Gog, he could always just bring them on indefinitely.

Although Bor had mystical abilities such as when he cursed and banished the Disir and Loki is well Loki, he can do almost anything. So I guess it comes down to if they can use their magic to counter Gog before he wears them down? I'm confused too, is this even allowed

Galan007
Seems like that would violate the "no outside help" rule. /shrug

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I'm confused too, is this even allowed No.

leonidas
Seems like that would violate the "no outside help" rule. /shrug

you mean summoning other gog's? if so, i'd disagree only because that was his demonstrated powerset. be like saying madrox couldn't summon his dupes. shrug

quanchi112
you mean summoning other gog's? if so, i'd disagree only because that was his demonstrated powerset. be like saying madrox couldn't summon his dupes. shrug He can't summon a million. There has to be a limit aka how many he summoned while in battle seems fair.

Golgo13
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I'm confused too, is this even allowed

Probably not, but he has displayed this in his power set.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Probably not, but he has displayed this in his power set. No limits fallacy.

Golgo13
you mean summoning other gog's? if so, i'd disagree only because that was his demonstrated powerset. be like saying madrox couldn't summon his dupes. shrug

Multiple Man powers work a little different than Gog's, though. smile

dynamix
All I know is that version of DD was weaksauce. Took him decadeS to punch through 1 mile of granite:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16193638/ac825_js_22.jpg.html

ermm

lmao!!! thats what i'm saying. whats funny is it was spoken in a somewhat praising tone too erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.