Uncanny Avengers Vs. Four Horsemen of Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ODG
Uncanny Avengers

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/UncannyAvengers01.jpg

Vs.

Four Horsemen of Death

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/FourHorsemen01.jpg

Who wins?

zopzop
Depending on which version of Sentry shows up, a well written Thor can easily solo Team Horsemen.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by zopzop
Depending on which version of Sentry shows up, a well written Thor can easily solo Team Horsemen.

no expression

Horseman without issue

carver9

rolling on floor laughing

Damborgson

There ya go thumb up

yaadaveyaa
lol this is a stomp for horsemen but i would really like to see when they have thor and the new sentry fight im anxious to see that

Rage.Of.Olympus
"All were chosen by the twins for their power levels and connections to the various members of Havok's team. "If you want to take down Thor, resurrecting the Sentry and planting a Death Seed in him to make him even more powerful is a pretty good way to do that."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46504

Sentry has a power up and was brought in to take down Thor. Curious to see how this fight goes.

ODG
Depending on which version of Sentry shows up, a well written Thor can easily solo Team Horsemen. ...

Anyway, it's an amped Sentry.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by ODG

Anyway, it's an amped Sentry.

and that makes this a stomp

byrdgang21
I'm curious to see how much Sentry is amped. Excuse if I'm wrong but iwas under the impression that Sentry/Void should all ready be above what a Deathseed amp would give him.

zopzop
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I'm curious to see how much Sentry is amped. Excuse if I'm wrong but iwas under the impression that Sentry/Void should all ready be above what a Deathseed amp would give him.
Thank you.

This is gonna be a clusterphuck. Void is all the "amp" Sentry needs. Just look at Seige and his manhandling of MM.

Any Sentry sans the Void persona is handicapped, unless he does something stupendous with this nebulous "amp".

Rage.Of.Olympus
Removing the Void Persona and replacing it with Death then adding the power of a Death Seed on top of his powers handicaps him? What crack are you on? The Void in itself isn't some sort of mystical power up, it's an evil boogeyman created by Reynold's fractured mind and manifested by his powers.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Removing the Void Persona and replacing it with Death then adding the power of a Death Seed on top of his powers handicaps him? What crack are you on? The Void in itself isn't some sort of mystical power up, it's an evil boogeyman created by Reynold's fractured mind and manifested by his powers.
What crack are YOU on? We've seen on panel what Voidtry is capable of.

What's the "Death" persona and Death Seed inside Sentry done so far?

Death Banshee had a direct hit against Havok and Scarlet Witch and they weren't even bloodied. laughing

ODG

Death Banshee had a direct hit against Havok and Scarlet Witch and they weren't even bloodied. laughing Void isn't an amp. Becoming a Horseman endowed with Celestial powers is an amp.

What an absurdly worthless question to ask. No comic has even been released yet beyond a last page introduction.

Are you going off snippets of textless previews while ignoring every single instance a character has been turned into a Horseman and was amped from his normal state? eer

byrdgang21

Death Banshee had a direct hit against Havok and Scarlet Witch and they weren't even bloodied. laughing

This.

Sentry and Voids highs seems to be above anything anyone has done with the Deathseed. I'm not an expert on how it works but it doesn't seem to be how the power gem works where it already boosts ones abilities/power exponentially

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Void isn't an amp. Becoming a Horseman endowed with Celestial powers is an amp.

What an absurdly worthless question to ask. No comic has even been released yet beyond a last page introduction.

Are you going off snippets of textless previews while ignoring every single instance a character has been turned into a Horseman and was amped from his normal state? eer
All I'm saying is Voidtry set the bar pretty high in terms of what to expect from an unleashed Sentry. Anything less than Team Buster is a downgrade.

ODG
^ All you're saying is that somehow... being turned into a Horseman of Death via Celestial technology is going to be a downgrade to Sentry... in direct contravention to EVERY SINGLE ONE of the two dozen characters or more who have been turned into Horsemen who have clearly been amped.

Somehow... some way... Sentry will be the one exception to this rule... based on absolutely nothing. And why would Death Sentry become less than a team buster? I get you're putting the cart before the horse, but your imaginary scenarios don't support your current backwards rationale. Had you even an irrelevant writer's interview that suggested it would be a downgrade... maybe I could understand how you got this idea in your head. But in this case, you're even going against a writer's interview. Originally posted by byrdgang21
This.

Sentry and Voids highs seems to be above anything anyone has done with the Deathseed. I'm not an expert on how it works but it doesn't seem to be how the power gem works where it already boosts ones abilities/power exponentially ... so it has to boost Sentry's power exponentially otherwise it handicaps him?

What is this sh1t? srsly

Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression

The Void is a mental fabrication of Reynolds, removing him as a voice from his head doesn't depower him. And the intent of placing the Death Seed is to explicitly empower him further.

Ridiculous.

zopzop
no expression

The Void is a mental fabrication of Reynolds, removing him as a voice from his head doesn't depower him. And the intent of placing the Death Seed is to explicitly empower him further.

Ridiculous.
Well let's see. Voidtry tore gods in two and was manhandling heroes amped with Norn Stones as well as wrecking Asgard. Then there's his absolute annihilation of MM.

I'm willing to bet my entire comic collection that this new "amped" Deathtry doesn't do anything anywhere near that impressive; just give Thor a moderately difficult fight before being destroyed by him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well let's see. Voidtry tore gods in two and was manhandling heroes amped with Norn Stones as well as wrecking Asgard. Then there's his absolute annihilation of MM.

I'm willing to bet my entire comic collection that this new "amped" Deathtry doesn't do anything anywhere near that impressive; just give Thor a moderately difficult fight before being destroyed by him.

Sentry with the Death Seed > Sentry without the Death Seed

The Void's power isn't being removed (How can it, it's part of Reynold), just the mental persona which is being replaced by Death. So instead of being influenced by the Void's voice, he's going to influenced by Death.

Probably, but I'm not complaining. smile

abhilegend
no expression

Ridiculous.
Wasn't that retconned by bendis as Void being the angel of death and he was the actual personality and sentry being a fabrication?

byrdgang21
no expression

Ridiculous.

I'm not saying that it has to boost him exponentially. I was just making a comparison to how the PG works. I'm just skeptical as to how much of an amp becoming a horseman will provide as Sentry/Void can already be argued as being legit Trans level character. Is there a limit to how the Deathseed amps someone? Will Bob now be at high Trans or sky father levels? (If that's the case why even have the 3 other horseman). Will the Deathseed give him new abilities?(he could pretty much do whatever already). I just don't see how much you more you can amp a character like that whose only real limitations were linked to his mental state of mind.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wasn't that retconned by bendis as Void being the angel of death and he was the actual personality and sentry being a fabrication?

The Angel of Death stuff was never explained further besides Osborn yelling about it but what we do know for a fact is that Reynolds was empowered by the Serum and the Void is some voice in his head that manifests through his power. His wife theorized that the serum gave him access to some higher level of power (God's angel of Death) IIRC which is why he can do what he can.

ODG

I'm willing to bet my entire comic collection that this new "amped" Deathtry doesn't do anything anywhere near that impressive; just give Thor a moderately difficult fight before being destroyed by him. This arbitrary rationale only pretends to have a veneer of common sense. But your absurd rationalization obsesses with feats over fact. Fact: GL Hal gets amped by Blue Rings. Feats: While amped by a Blue Ring, he's never even come close to approaching his best solo feats while unamped, e.g., Krona-buster. The feats, or lack thereof, doesn't change the fact that a Blue Ring will amp him and he's more powerful with one. Originally posted by byrdgang21
I'm not saying that it has to boost him exponentially. I was just making a comparison to how the PG works. I'm just skeptical as to how much of an amp becoming a horseman will provide as Sentry/Void can already be argued as being legit Trans level character. Is there a limit to how the Deathseed amps someone? Will Bob now be at high Trans or sky father levels? (If that's the case why even have the 3 other horseman). Will the Deathseed give him new abilities?(he could pretty much do whatever already). I just don't see how much you more you can amp a character like that whose only real limitations were linked to his mental state of mind.

I guess we will have to wait and see. You can remain skeptical of how much of a meaningful amp it will give him, but don't post in a thread and thumbs up a comment that suggests a Death Seed enhancement will result in a handicap. Which is what you did. Based on absolutely nothing and in direct contravention of everything we've seen of characters transformed into Horsemen.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I get what you mean, but the Death Seed is still a powerful Celestial item from what I can tell so it should still boost him to some extent.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by ODG
This arbitrary rationale only pretends to have a veneer of common sense. But your absurd rationalization obsesses with feats over fact. Fact: GL Hal gets amped by Blue Rings. Feats: While amped by a Blue Ring, he's never even come close to approaching his best solo feats while unamped, e.g., Krona-buster. The feats, or lack thereof, doesn't change the fact that a Blue Ring will amp him and he's more powerful with one. You can remain skeptical of how much of a meaningful amp it will give him, but don't post in a thread and thumbs up a comment that suggests a Death Seed enhancement will result in a handicap. Which is what you did. Based on absolutely nothing and in direct contravention of everything we've seen of characters transformed into Horsemen.

Well I don't actually agree with it being a "handicap" for Sentry I just don't see how it can give him a huge boost as others are suggesting. At some point there has to be beings above the Deathseed, correct? I mean do you think it would amp someone like Odin too? And I'm in no way suggesting Bob is on the same level as Odin. Just asking a question.

TheLordofMurder
Then there's his absolute annihilation of MM.

Absolute annihilation? Thats an extreme fabrication of what happened...

Owen destroyed Voidtry 3 times before Voidtry took advantage of a distracted Owen...

Thats what happened; Void won, but lets not get carried away and leave out the context...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Owen destroyed Voidtry 3 times before Voidtry took advantage of a distracted Owen...

Thats what happened; Void won, but lets not get carried away and leave out the context...
He was annihilated. Once Sentry was aware of what he was capable of, Owen was begging for his life.

TheLordofMurder
He was annihilated. Once Sentry was aware of what he was capable of, Owen was begging for his life.

Once again you leave out context...

Owen was distracted; this fact cannot be disputed or ignored...

Voidtry defeated a distracted Owen...

abhilegend
The Angel of Death stuff was never explained further besides Osborn yelling about it but what we do know for a fact is that Reynolds was empowered by the Serum and the Void is some voice in his head that manifests through his power. His wife theorized that the serum gave him access to some higher level of power (God's angel of Death) IIRC which is why he can do what he can.
Ugh, bendis is a ****ing hack. I would re-read dark avengers again to see what I can find.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I get what you mean, but the Death Seed is still a powerful Celestial item from what I can tell so it should still boost him to some extent.
Archangel was powered by death seed, right? Didn't see any impressive feat from him.

ODG
Well I don't actually agree with it being a "handicap" for Sentry I just don't see how it can give him a huge boost as others are suggesting. At some point there has to be beings above the Deathseed, correct? I mean do you think it would amp someone like Odin too? And I'm in no way suggesting Bob is on the same level as Odin. Just asking a question. Not a single person in this thread has compared a Death Seed amp to a Power Gem amp or anything even remotely close to a "huge boost." The only thing that's being contended here is whether or not the Death Seed will handicap him. And if you're no longer doubting that it is an amp -- and let's not pretend that you weren't -- then there is nothing else to discuss. Admitting that Odin has absolutely no bearing on this conversation in the same breath as when you're begging a meaningless question, doesn't change that you're begging a meaningless question.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ugh, bendis is a ****ing hack. I would re-read dark avengers again to see what I can find.
Archangel was powered by death seed, right? Didn't see any impressive feat from him.

Dark Avengers #13 talks about his powers.

Not sure, haven't read X-Force yet unfortunately, will catch up later. But based on what I've read in Uncanny Avengers, it gives one the power to be the next in-line for the throne of Apocalypse.

Sentry is powerful, but adding the powers of Apocalypse should be a boost.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by ODG
Not a single person in this thread has compared a Death Seed amp to a Power Gem amp or anything even remotely close to a "huge boost." The only thing that's being contended here is whether or not the Death Seed will handicap him. And if you're no longer doubting that it is an amp -- and let's not pretend that you weren't -- then there is nothing else to discuss. Admitting that Odin has absolutely no bearing on this conversation in the same breath as when you're begging a meaningless question, doesn't change that you're begging a meaningless question.

Well lets just wait and see what happens. Which is why I don't particurly like discussing characters before they even have feats as its complete speculation. But at the same time if I was a gambling man I'd bet that I won't be any more impressed by what Sentry does in this arc than what he has already accomplished.

And just out of curiosity what kind of amp do see Sentry getting from Deathseed? How will it amp him? How does it work in general?

Seems like a worthless amp/addition to me. It's like giving Bill Gates an extra $1000 as a Christmas bonus.

byrdgang21

Not sure, haven't read X-Force yet unfortunately, will catch up later. But based on what I've read in Uncanny Avengers, it gives one the power to be the next in-line for the throne of Apocalypse.

Wait so Apocalypse is above Sentry now??? confused confused confused

yaadaveyaa

dont b silly

JakeTheBank
wat

Anyway, Uncanny Avengers win due to plot device/context. Can't see Thor straight up beating an amped Sentry unless this is one of those 1/10 absurd high end feats display.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
wat

Anyway, Uncanny Avengers win due to plot device/context. Can't see Thor straight up beating an amped Sentry unless this is one of those 1/10 absurd high end feats display.

thats all it ever is to you sentry haters he shows a great display of power not even using a fraction of what hes capable of but its a 1 time absurd high feat haters will b haters

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
thats all it ever is to you sentry haters he shows a great display of power not even using a fraction of what hes capable of but its a 1 time absurd high feat haters will b haters

What the phuck are you even talking about? laughing out loud

I said that I don't see Thor beating an amped Sentry unless Thor pulls off some crazy 1/10 high end showing ala Celestials or something else insane to beat him.

ODG
Well lets just wait and see what happens. Which is why I don't particurly like discussing characters before they even have feats as its complete speculation. But at the same time if I was a gambling man I'd bet that I won't be any more impressed by what Sentry does in this arc than what he has already accomplished.

And just out of curiosity what kind of amp do see Sentry getting from Deathseed? How will it amp him? How does it work in general?

Seems like a worthless amp/addition to me. It's like giving Bill Gates an extra $1000 as a Christmas bonus. As opposed to all the times people have speculated how Superman would do with a full day's sundip despite never having stayed in the sun so long, or giving Hulk the Power Gem even though he's never wielded it.

It boosts their stats and/or gives them extra abilities. That's every single Horseman in the history of comics. Over two dozen, so far.

I'm sure being a Horseman was worthless to a dying Mindless Hulk who stopped Juggernaut in his tracks for the first time ever or it was worthless to Sunfire who can now emit flame in the vacuum of space or it was worthless to Archangel who phucking threw the Phoenix Force back at AoA Jean Grey.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by ODG
As opposed to all the times people have speculated how Superman would do with a full day's sundip despite never having stayed in the sun so long, or giving Hulk the Power Gem even though he's never wielded it.

It boosts their stats and/or gives them extra abilities. That's every single Horseman in the history of comics. Over two dozen, so far.

I'm sure being a Horseman was worthless to a dying Mindless Hulk who stopped Juggernaut in his tracks for the first time ever or it was worthless to Sunfire who can now emit flame in the vacuum of space or it was worthless to Archangel who phucking threw the Phoenix Force back at AoA Jean Grey.

Do you think that is more impressive than what Sentry/Void is capable of or has shown to do at his best?

On average how much would you say becoming a horsemen boosts one stats? One tier level, multiple tier levels? Or would you say it's more case by case and depends on the individuals pre existing abilities?

Also from what I remember, I'd say Hulk was the strongest character to become a Horseman and he's been proven to operate at higher levels than that w/o the amp. And again excuse me if I'm wrong but I don't really remember War Hulk with a bunch of new abilities. I remember him having some tech and being arguably stronger. But I could be forgotten as it has been a while.

I just believe that at some point there is a operating level where one wouldn't really benefit much from the "amp" you get from becoming a horseman. And I'd say that level starts when you are easily above Apocalypse level which everyone should agree Bob is.

Rage.Of.Olympus

That's not what I said at all.

abhilegend

Thanks.

I've read them a bit of time ago and I don't remember any noteworthy feat for him. I lost the comics when my laptop crashed.sad

Are you sure about that? Just throw a table at him then and see how that turns out.

shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks.

I've read them a bit of time ago and I don't remember any noteworthy feat for him. I lost the comics when my laptop crashed.sad

Are you sure about that? Just throw a table at him then and see how that turns out.

shifty

That sucks, get an external hard drive to store your shit. Pretty cheap nowadays IIRC.

Apocalypse has had a retroactive upgrade, I don't really consider him Herald level anymore. He has freaking Celestial armor on him. Throw in his powerset which can be very formidable and he's the kind of threat that can give teams a fight now.

abhilegend
That sucks, get an external hard drive to store your shit. Pretty cheap nowadays IIRC.

Apocalypse has had a retroactive upgrade, I don't really consider him Herald level anymore. He has freaking Celestial armor on him. Throw in his powerset which can be very formidable and he's the kind of threat that can give teams a fight now.
I was in pretty bad shape back then. Thanks for the advice though.

Not untill he breaks a table.

uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
I was in pretty bad shape back then. Thanks for the advice though.

Not untill he breaks a table.

uhuh

No problem. Become a Thor fan, we have good compensation.

He's not Thor level just yet.

abhilegend
No problem. Become a Thor fan, we have good compensation.

He's not Thor level just yet.
Not going to happen.

Thor broke a table?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman is so meh bro. If you come to the Thor club, I'll even take you under my wing. I'll groom you into a true internet fanboy warrior.

Yup.

abhilegend
Superman is so meh bro. If you come to the Thor club, I'll even take you under my wing. I'll groom you into a true internet fanboy warrior.

Yup.
Interesting offer but I give you carver instead. Thor is his favorite character after all.

Scans or it didn't happen. Hell even with scans it didn't happen.

sneer

Rage.Of.Olympus
Interesting offer but I give you carver instead. Thor is his favorite character after all.

Scans or it didn't happen. Hell even with scans it didn't happen.

sneer

You can have Carver, your fanbase needs it. Plus, he knows more about Superman then anyone else.

So your standard debating tactics then?

ODG
Do you think that is more impressive than what Sentry/Void is capable of or has shown to do at his best?

On average how much would you say becoming a horsemen boosts one stats? One tier level, multiple tier levels? Or would you say it's more case by case and depends on the individuals pre existing abilities? What?

It's not math. All it has done is boost every single Horseman ever. It's never been inconsequential, or cause a literal handicap. Originally posted by byrdgang21
Also from what I remember, I'd say Hulk was the strongest character to become a Horseman and he's been proven to operate at higher levels than that w/o the amp. And again excuse me if I'm wrong but I don't really remember War Hulk with a bunch of new abilities. I remember him having some tech and being arguably stronger. But I could be forgotten as it has been a while. Christ, PG Drax never ripped out a starcore but you're going to tell me that the Power Gem isn't an amp? Blue Lantern Hal never one-shot Krona, but you're telling me the Blue Ring doesn't amp his GL ring? Extremis Iron Man never absorbed a High Herald's energy attack and ko'ed em, but you're telling me that Extremis wasn't an upgrade to his 70s armor? Merged Hulk never once busted an asteroid twice the size of Earth like Grey Hulk, but you're telling me that the merger didn't make him stronger?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. And a lack of superior feats doesn't dictate that a clear-as-day amp isn't an amp. Originally posted by byrdgang21
I just believe that at some point there is a operating level where one wouldn't really benefit much from the "amp" you get from becoming a horseman. And I'd say that level starts when you are easily above Apocalypse level which everyone should agree Bob is. I understand that this theory is based on absolutely nothing and is in direct contravention of everything we've seen Celestial technology do to its recipients. Of which there have been many.

byrdgang21
I guess in theory it should be an amp but I just see it as an insignificant one if at all

Damborgson

I said that I don't see Thor beating an amped Sentry unless Thor pulls off some crazy 1/10 high end showing ala Celestials or something else insane to beat him.

I'm drowning in your tears Sentry hater.

Damborgson
Anyways, from the commentary on death sentry, I assume he's going to hassle Thor for a while if not beat him before Thor takes him down.

Looking forward to the comic.

ODG

I said that I don't see Thor beating an amped Sentry unless Thor pulls off some crazy 1/10 high end showing ala Celestials or something else insane to beat him. Reported for lowballing Sentry!

Mr.SunKing

Hey guy, I need some clarification regarding the defeat of MM. I've seen some state that it was actually Sentry, not Void,mainly due to the fact that the Void persona is typically accompanied by black text bubbles, and the character having black eyes with either blue, or gold Irises. In that scan Norman referred to him as "bob". I'm not too knowledgeable on Sentry, given that I hardly ever cared for the character.

Any others who wish to comment can, just need some clarification/ a decent analysis folks.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ODG
Reported for lowballing Sentry!

sad

jitay
I remember reading a comic (cant remember issue) where it had Moses calling down the plague that killed all the first born son and it looked alot like Void

And then later in that comic Sentry's girlfriend was talking to a robot and said that the void came when someone didnt deserve the powers that they got

Mr.SunKing
bump

Tony Stark
Once again you leave out context...

Owen was distracted; this fact cannot be disputed or ignored...

Voidtry defeated a distracted Owen...

Enlighten me on the last time Owen wasn't distracted... roll eyes (sarcastic)

SENTRY seems to be always semi toying with people to see what they've got. He likes to take their best shots; like he's punishing himself.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Damborgson
Anyways, from the commentary on death sentry, I assume he's going to hassle Thor for a while if not beat him before Thor takes him down.

Looking forward to the comic.

i also am looking forward to this arc this will b an amazing battle

ODG
Bump. Well... we saw how Round 1 went. Derp.

Any thoughts on how Round 2 goes? Do the Four Horsemen of Death receive a beatdown of retribution from the Uncanny Avengers or do they just suffer defeat via convenient plot mechanics?

Branlor Swift
Wolverine is straight up ****ed. Like, there's no conceivable way to see him taking out Daken. His adamantium domepiece didn't help him out there.

Thor has a chance against Sentry, if only based on Remender's comments, but there's a chance he gets smashed again... a good one too.

WM might be able to beat Grim Reaper. Probably will too.

Banshee should be able to be beaten by probably Rogue I'm betting in the comics.

But judging by the words, Sentry will probably turn into the Golden Guardian of Good and will help bring down the Apocalypse Twins

As for the thread, the Horsemen win

Rage.Of.Olympus
Daken stabbed right through his Adamantium Skull and apparently his claws are poisonous. Wolverine is pretty much f*cked.

Branlor Swift
If you hate Wolverine, this week has been a good one.

Corvus vs Deathken thread incoming

Tony Stark
SENTRY solos

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Bump. Well... we saw how Round 1 went. Derp.

Any thoughts on how Round 2 goes? Do the Four Horsemen of Death receive a beatdown of retribution from the Uncanny Avengers or do they just suffer defeat via convenient plot mechanics?
Not even sure there will be a round 2.

Thor and Bob end up doing something instrumental for the good guys to win.
smile

carver9
There was already a round 2. Sentry beat Thor twice.

Damborgson
That was the same fight. Sentry just knocked Thor so far away he thought he wouldn't come back.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Can't really call what happened in issue #10 a full round if that's what ure talkin bout. I mean Dark Sentry bumrushed him into a planet with a sneak attack for starters. That's all one round to me.

carver9
That was the same fight. Sentry just knocked Thor so far away he thought he wouldn't come back.

Thor looked koed when Sentry punched him with a planet shaking punch. He was nearly gone when Sentry crash landed him into the planet. The fight that happened today was round 2.

Damborgson
Thor looked koed when Sentry punched him with a planet shaking punch. He was nearly gone when Sentry crash landed him into the planet. The fight that happened today was round 2.

No he didn't and no he wasn't. He took a punch to the chin, it happens. The only time he really looked KO'd was after the blast. Anything beyond that is reaching and shameful for trying to reach in such an excellent comic. Leave that lowlife behavior to Abhi thumb up

celeyhyga17
No he didn't and no he wasn't. He took a punch to the chin, it happens. The only time he really looked KO'd was after the blast. Anything beyond that is reaching and shameful for trying to reach in such an excellent comic. Leave that lowlife behavior to Abhi thumb up
Lol... Damn Dambo.. What he do to ya?

Anyways, there was no indication of Thor KO'd from that punch. Not gonna lie it was a massive haymaker since the narration said the impact was felt around the world. As soon as Dark Sentry thinks he's subdued Thor, we see Mjolnir right away heading for him.

So yeah the only time Thor could be considered KO'd was the eye and mouth blast. Could be argued he wasn't. I like the way D-Sentry opened his whole face for it. Priceless!
laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

The fight from the recent issue is a continuation from the last. Sentry punched Thor away and as he started to fly back Thor attacked.

I guess it can count as a battle field removal win but seeing as how Thor was back before Sentry even left the area, I wouldn't.

celeyhyga17
The fight from the recent issue is a continuation from the last. Sentry punched Thor away and as he started to fly back Thor attacked.

I guess it can count as a battle field removal win but seeing as how Thor was back before Sentry even left the area, I wouldn't.
I think Carvster is misremembering how issue #10 ended. He's mistaking the punch felt round the world as a separate fight that ended with a KO.

abhilegend
Et tu dambo? I thought we were friends.

emo

Branlor Swift
Maybe in round two Deathken slices Mjolnir in half... wouldn't that be a treat?

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Nah, it's just the usual routine in comics. New bad guys come along, kick some hero ass. Heroes comeback and rally and wipe the floor with villains in a spectacular fashion.

Avengers win.

celeyhyga17
I think I'll go along with ure naming style. Instead of Dark Sentry, it's Deathtry.

Seems more appropriate.
thumb up

carver9

I just went back and reread it, you are correct.

Damborgson
He probably could. He fisted Logan like nothing.

Branlor Swift
Nah, it's just the usual routine in comics. New bad guys come along, kick some hero ass. Heroes comeback and rally and wipe the floor with villains in a spectacular fashion.

Avengers win. pretty sure that's never happened in comics before

Deathken, Deathshee, Death Reaper, and Deathtry are going to run amok for years likely

ODG
Derp bump.

Well, basically a third of the Avengers Unity Squad has kicked the bucket. The rest have gotten their butts kicked. Death Banshee and Death Daken appear to be crippled though, so there's that.

Can the 3rd round enchantment get the Avengers the victory against Death Sentry, Death Reaper and co.?

Branlor Swift
I want to see Deathry rip apart a bunch of completely useless mutants because of how stupid the spell is.

Tony Stark
I want to see Deathry rip apart a bunch of completely useless mutants because of how stupid the spell is.

yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.