The Ray (Ray Terrill) vs Superman Blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Golgo13
Ray wins.

curryman
This matchup, I love it!

Close call but Superman Blue was really powerful. Not sure if Ray has the feats to back a win here.

beatboks
Ray Tirrel FTW.

When he joined JLA and the team tested him he was said to have the highest energy attacks they had ever known. IIRC the words used were "almost limitless" in regards to his energy manipulation. His best feat was during the Ark where It was shown Bloodwynde was shown to be MMH and the dimensional entity who wanted Ray referred to him as the JLA's most powerful member. In that ark his energy allowed the entity to escape a dimensional prison that had helt it for generations. He was alsk anle tk a sorb ALL the light within that dimension and then absorb energy and from outside basically drawing the entity back in.

combine that with his a ability to create energy constructs ( like a GL) and his vertual indestrucibility in light form, plus his ability to reset/ heal any damage done in non light form when he is light and I think he cN make a pretty damn good shot of it.

abhilegend
Superman Blue wins. When Tolos possessed him he said that his body had "beyond infinite potential". Superman has done everything you listed at a greater scale and with more skill. The main thing is that Ray can only manipulate light while Blue can manipulate entire EM spectrum and beyond like magic or psychic energy. He wins.

zopzop
Ray can manipulate the entire EM Spectrum (it was stated in Final Crisis) too.

I know little to nothing about SM Blue but Ray is no joke power wise.

Digi
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman Blue wins. When Tolos possessed him he said that his body had "beyond infinite potential". Superman has done everything you listed at a greater scale and with more skill. The main thing is that Ray can only manipulate light while Blue can manipulate entire EM spectrum and beyond like magic or psychic energy. He wins.

Fine on the feats, and I agree on the outcome, but avoid the hyperbole of "beyond infinite potential." Besides the statement being logically nonsensical (akin to a grade schooler countering infinity with infinity + 1), statements like that only hold water if they are backed with, well, anything besides subjective exaggerations.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
Fine on the feats, and I agree on the outcome, but avoid the hyperbole of "beyond infinite potential." Besides the statement being logically nonsensical (akin to a grade schooler countering infinity with infinity + 1), statements like that only hold water if they are backed with, well, anything besides subjective exaggerations.
I was countering beat's claim that Ray was "almost limitless" in energy manipulation. Cut me some slack.

uhuh

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Ray can manipulate the entire EM Spectrum (it was stated in Final Crisis) too.

I know little to nothing about SM Blue but Ray is no joke power wise.
Just one half of his being had enough power to restore earth after it was completely drained of its energy and was self-destructing. Other half was so fast that Flash had trouble seeing him move and he was everywhere on the earth at the same time to stop it from self-destructing, he moved so fast. Here is his respect thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t405733.html

He was insanely powerful.

Golgo13
This could go either way tbh. What are some of Superman's best absorbing feats?

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
This could go either way tbh. What are some of Superman's best absorbing feats? Probably absorbing the power of the JLA moon base:

_______

Anyway, Superman Blue undoubtedly has some very awesome feats. However, he's also got some poor showings that are rarely ever brought up...

Immobilized by Kandorian 'Shock Pods':

Owned by a Kandorian guard capable of controling any energy he touched:

Owned by Lord Wolf's disruptor canon:

Was "winded" after using his magnetic grip+flight at the same time:

Though he likely gained better stamina as he gained better control over his powers.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Probably absorbing the power of the JLA moon base:

That's not just an absorption feat, it's an emission feat.

Neron was causing the Earth and Moon to collide. He created a magnetic field opposite the Earth's, thus repelling the two back into their proper orbits. It's actually a pretty huge feat moving the Moon with just energy against Neron's magic.

abhilegend
Ray got ****ed up by a bullet and was about to die untill Aquaman saved him

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16205385_JLA_41_pg11.jpg

Batman owned him by a smoke bomb

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16205386_JLA_03105.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16205394_JLA_03106.jpg

Regular superman also resisted energy drain better than Ray at least two times. Everybody has got some low showings.Originally posted by Golgo13
This could go either way tbh. What are some of Superman's best absorbing feats?

Absorbing enough energy to go toe to toe with a millenium giant and then absorbing nearly every bit of bio-energy from earth to the point Earth was about to self-destruct.

Galan007
Everybody has got some low showings. Absolutely. However, no one ever seems to think that Superman Blue has low showings at all. Like I said: they're rarely(if ever) mentioned.

I agree that he would ultimately win, but The Ray could definitely make him work for it.

abhilegend
Absolutely. However, no one ever seems to think that Superman Blue has low showings at all. Like I said: they're rarely(if ever) mentioned.

I agree that he would ultimately win, but The Ray could definitely make him work for it.
Agreed. I don't think that those are so much of a low showing for superman than the trope of energy beings dispersed by tech.

beatboks
Just one half of his being had enough power to restore earth after it was completely drained of its energy and was self-destructing. Other half was so fast that Flash had trouble seeing him move and he was everywhere on the earth at the same time to stop it from self-destructing, he moved so fast. Here is his respect thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t405733.html

He was insanely powerful.

WOW. I only ever caught about 8 to 10 stories he appeared in an honestly nothing I ever saw was any where near that impressive ( though i hind sight I should have realized since all were either team ups or team stories).

My vote shifts to SMB. I'd still say Ray can make a fight of it though, it's been my contention for some time he get's seriously underrated in most forums.

cdtm
Anyone that can dare Lobo to start something to his face, and walk away from it, is in contention. wink

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Anyone that can dare Lobo to start something to his face, and walk away from it, is in contention. wink
Lobo "I don't do logic" actually punched THROUGH Ray's face and Ray just laughed it off.

Lobo also tried to kill him by using anti-matter. Ray's body distorted but he pulled himself together and continued the attack. Lobo couldn't do anything to him.

Zack Fair
Probably absorbing the power of the JLA moon base:

_______

Anyway, Superman Blue undoubtedly has some very awesome feats. However, he's also got some poor showings that are rarely ever brought up...

Immobilized by Kandorian 'Shock Pods':

Owned by a Kandorian guard capable of controling any energy he touched:

Owned by Lord Wolf's disruptor canon:

Was "winded" after using his magnetic grip+flight at the same time:

Though he likely gained better stamina as he gained better control over his powers. Question: how early/skilled with his powers was Blue during these? I remember him struggling a lot when he started, but halfway through was when I quit collecting comics so I missed out.

carver9
Absolutely. However, no one ever seems to think that Superman Blue has low showings at all. Like I said: they're rarely(if ever) mentioned.

You forgot the one where he was owned by a funnel. Also when he was koed by a speeding boulder.

JakeTheBank
Superman Blue

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
You forgot the one where he was owned by a funnel. Also when he was koed by a speeding boulder.
facepalmOriginally posted by Zack Fair
Question: how early/skilled with his powers was Blue during these? I remember him struggling a lot when he started, but halfway through was when I quit collecting comics so I missed out.
Very early.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.