Oldboy (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
IMDB Plot Synopsis:
An advertising executive is kidnapped and held hostage for 20 years in solitary confinement. When he is inexplicably released, he embarks on an obsessive mission to discover who orchestrated his punishment, only to find he is still trapped in a web of conspiracy and torment.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oldboy-2013-poster.jpg

Starring: Josh Brolin, Samuel L Jackson, Elizabeth Olsen & Michael Imperioli

A8gpi44y4TU

Tzeentch._
Curious to see if the sprawling fight-scene can match the original's.

marwash22
the quality in that first vid is shit. my fault for trusting the title.

-tFx_Iz_lUE

BruceSkywalker
looks meh..

marwash22
i agree. doesn't look that great. I'm interested tho.

Esau Cairn
Considering this is a remake...it's gonna be difficult talking about the story without giving "The Twist" away.

I recently watched the original (although it came out 10 years ago) & found it gruesome & violent (for its time)...the twist is disturbing & very far fetched but leaves you pitying all the characters involved.

jaden101
It's not the best of the trilogy in my opinion but it's the one that made the leap into western audiences with success. Hopefully it'll be as good as the original.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jaden101
It's not the best of the trilogy in my opinion but it's the one that made the leap into western audiences with success. Hopefully it'll be as good as the original.

What's the other titles in the trilogy?
I thought Oldboy was a stand alone feature..?

jaden101
It's a thematic trilogy rather than a plot trilogy called 'the vengeance trilogy' along sympathy for Mr vengeance (the best of the 3)and Lady Vengeance (the poorest of the 3)

jaden101
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/VengeanceTrilogy_DVD.jpg/220px-VengeanceTrilogy_DVD.jpg

Impediment
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.No. No. No. No.

This is unnecessary to the 10th power.

jaden101
Calm down, dear. The Hollywood remakes haven't all been disasters recently. Let the Right One In and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo remakes were both at least equal to the original. In my opinion both were better. The Departed was also a tremendous remake. And this does look half decent.

marwash22
i don't get why people freak out over remakes. No one is forcing you to watch the remake, and the remake does not mean the original movie stops existing. Stop crying.

That said, i'll castrate you all if Ferris Bueller's Day Off or The Breakfast Club are ever remade.

estahuh

BruceSkywalker
will not support wife beaters

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jaden101
Let the Right One In and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo remakes were both at least equal to the original. In my opinion both were better.

I disagree about the remake of Girl/Dragon Tattoo. I honestly thought,"American (Western) actors...it's gonna be set in America."

Then to watch it & realise it's still set in Sweden with American/Western actors talking in silly accents was just plain ridiculous & a waste of screen time.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22
i don't get why people freak out over remakes. No one is forcing you to watch the remake, and the remake does not mean the original movie stops existing. Stop crying.

That said, i'll castrate you all if Ferris Bueller's Day Off or The Breakfast Club are ever remade.

estahuh

My biggest problem with remakes is people who watch the original afterwards then claim the remake is far superior.
Fair enough, that's a valid opinion but without the original, you wouldn't have a remake.

KingD19
Originally posted by marwash22

estahuh

http://i.imgur.com/P21Gp5E.jpg

Scythe
Dat fight scene.

Imma quote Jenna Jameson: "it's gonna be a hard one."

Robtard
Looks like it could be as good as the original, imo. Will watch.

steverules_2
The ending of the original was kinda...well...obvious, I could see it coming

Although in that one it's 15 years

siriuswriter
Don't you think the US would change the ending?

I mean, we're pretty damn calm when it comes to violence, but when it comes to sex, ratings quickly shoot through the roof. I would think that the original ending would make it NC-17

Impediment
If Spike Lee changes the ending, then I will be sorely pissed off.

The whole "brother/sister incestuous love and daddy/daughter sex is what makes the entire movie so twisted.

Any other scenario totally takes away from why dude was imprisoned for so long.

Impediment
"Suitably grim and bloody yet disappointingly safe and shallow, Spike Lee's 'Oldboy' remake neither surpasses the original nor adds anything new to its impressive legacy."

Good. Park Chan-wook's film was amazingly done and didn't need a goddamn remake, especially by a racist c0cksucker like Spike Lee.

Impediment
I'm late in posting this, but this movie was a complete and utter abortion, as well as a waste of my time.

The hallway scene was half decent, I have to admit, but the ending utterly enraged me. I'm so glad this movie bombed.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
http://i.imgur.com/P21Gp5E.jpg This actually makes me kind of sad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.