Thor vs A Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Does Thor have the capacity to bust a planet? No anti-matter blast, no god blast, no "Lorn Bolt", no energy projection attacks.

Only energy allowed in this thread are amped Mjolnir slams.

Zopzop... Discuss!!!

Use valid examples!!!

JakeTheBank
Yes. One has to look only as recently as Gorr versus Thor to realize that he obviously could.

That was easy.

curryman
No doubt, no doubt.

I don't see why he'd ever want to kill a planet that could sustain life, but he certainly has the firepower.

abhilegend
He can destroy a planet with several strikes.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes. One has to look only as recently as Gorr versus Thor to realize that he obviously could.

That was easy.
Originally posted by curryman
No doubt, no doubt.

I don't see why he'd ever want to kill a planet that could sustain life, but he certainly has the firepower.
That's strange.. 12min in and still no sign of a certain naysayer...
Hmmm... embarrasment

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
He can destroy a planet with several strikes.
Ok let's set a precedent. He is only allowed only a handful. Let's say 5 strikes.

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Does Thor have the capacity to bust a planet? No anti-matter blast, no god blast, no "Lorn Bolt", no energy projection attacks.

Zopzop... Discuss!!!

Use valid examples!!!
No. An umamped Thor can't bust a planet unless you got scans proving otherwise?

Thor's "mightiest blows" still couldn't destroy the mountain faster than IM (backed by CM and HT) could dig them out :
http://s22.postimg.org/uy4fafmlp/tapping.jpg

JakeTheBank
He could do it within five strikes. Considering the damage he was causing indirectly while attacking Gorr, I see no reason why if Thor was actively focused on it he couldn't destroy a planet.

zopzop
He could do it within five strikes. Considering the damage he was causing indirectly while attacking Gorr, I see no reason why if Thor was actively focused on it he couldn't destroy a planet.
Gorr was actively fighting back. It was a shared feat.

The Sorrow
Where did Thor shatter a planet does anyone have scans please? I remember he and Gor causing damage to a planet they were fighting near but I don't recall it actually being destroyed.

zopzop
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Where did Thor shatter a planet does anyone have scans please? I remember he and Gor causing damage to a planet they were fighting near but I don't recall it actually being destroyed.
It wasn't destroyed. It was buckling and the shockwave from their attacks was causing a moon to crack up too. Thor broke off from the fight and saved the moon.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop
Hey I'm just the thread starter. I really did not want to derail the other thread any longer.

I'm letting the other folks do the talking.

Btw,in regards to ure statement...
http://clippers.topbuzz.com/albums/blake-griffin/Blake_Griffin_hands_behind_his_head_in_disbelief.jpg

JakeTheBank
Gorr was actively fighting back. It was a shared feat.

He was stabbing Thor with a weapon that has no such feats or any indications of causing collateral damage to the scope Mjolnir's strikes can. There was nothing shared about it in that sense unless you think Gorr's stabs can contribute to planet destruction....?

Thor's "mightiest blows" still couldn't destroy the mountain faster than IM (backed by CM and HT) could dig them out :
http://s22.postimg.org/uy4fafmlp/tapping.jpg

facepalm

Really? Blatant lowballing? Seriously, Thor has feats where he's rocked entire mountain ranges and shook planets but you somehow think this feat discredits him from being able to bust a planet? And that's without factoring in that if Thor really used his "mightiest" blows, he probably would have killed the people he was trying to rescue.

zopzop
He was stabbing Thor with a weapon that has no such feats or any indications of causing collateral damage to the scope Mjolnir's strikes can. There was nothing shared about it in that sense unless you think Gorr's stabs can contribute to planet destruction....?

facepalm

Really? Blatant lowballing?
WTH are you talking about? Disprove this with "Planet Busting" scans then. How is that lowballing anyway? They were buried under a MOUNTAIN RANGE.

abhilegend
Its not as much lowballing as the fact that Thor doesn't play at planet busting levels that much time.

zopzop
Its not as much lowballing as the fact that Thor doesn't play at planet busting levels that much time.
That's my question then Abhi, has he EVER operated at those levels that didn't involve a shared feat?

The closest was when he was amped by his Belt of Strength and he hit Exitar with his "mightiest blow".

JakeTheBank
WTH are you talking about? Disprove this with "Planet Busting" scans then. How is that lowballing anyway? They were buried under a MOUNTAIN RANGE.

The evidence is all but spelled out for us. Thor was causing planetary damage with his strikes while fighting Gorr. He wasn't intending to shatter worlds but effectively was doing so accidentally. So, given that - as well as everything else we know about Thor - why CAN'T he shatter a planet in five unanswered strikes?

Because it's nowhere near close to Thor's "mightiest strikes" (which you know anyway due to the fact you put the word mightiest in quotes to begin with) plus I'm pretty goddamn certain Thor wouldn't actually try to kill the people he was trying to save by actually using his unfettered power.

JakeTheBank

No herald regularly goes around busting planets.

Philosophía

That was easy. The phrasing of that is amusing, because it's true but from another point of view. Here, I'll rectify it a bit:

He can only if you look at the Gorr fight. Otherwise, generally, no, he cannot.

abhilegend
No herald regularly goes around busting planets.
Their mightiest strikes with a hammer don't make "tapping" effect on mountains either.

JakeTheBank

celeyhyga17
That's my question then Abhi, has he EVER operated at those levels that didn't involve a shared feat?

The closest was when he was amped by his Belt of Strength and he hit Exitar with his "mightiest blow".
Btw when I said valid examples, it doesn't have to be a scan showing Thor outright destroying a planet with direct blows.

Ure trying to show the public, which is pretty much the posters here at KMC that ure point of view is correct. Posters being the court of public opinion. You gotta show the court valid examples of why he doesn't have the capacity to bust a planet.

Just because he has not directly pounded a planet into chunks, doesn't mean he can't do it.

I've never travelled to Toronto, but I've travelled to Montreal and Ottawa. Does that mean I don't have the capacity to travel to Toronto because I've never done it?
I'm betting I can since I've had the capacity to travel to 2 other Canadian cities... What do you think Zop? stick out tongue

carver9
Thor is no Gladiator smile

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9

Definitely. Thor's tougher, stronger, more powerful, more versatile, infinitely superior of a character, etc.

celeyhyga17
Thank you for your 2 cents. Now...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30054754.jpg

zopzop
Btw when I said valid examples, it doesn't have to be a scan showing Thor outright destroying a planet with direct blows.

Ure trying to show the public, which is pretty much the posters here at KMC that ure point of view is correct. Posters being the court of public opinion. You gotta show the court valid examples of why he doesn't have the capacity to bust a planet.

Just because he has not directly pounded a planet into chunks, doesn't mean he can't do it.

I've never travelled to Toronto, but I've travelled to Montreal and Ottawa. Does that mean I don't have the capacity to travel to Toronto because I've never done it?
I'm betting I can since I've had the capacity to travel to 2 other Canadian cities... What do you think Zop? stick out tongue
You still don't understand where I'm coming from Cele.

Thor is NOT some obscure character. Those guys have an excuse as to why we don't have them doing X to Y. Thor is one of Marvel's "Top Three". He's been around for decades. He has his own comic line. He's appeared in MULTIPLE other comics aside from his own comic line. Hell he's had MULTIPLE comic lines at the same time!

Where is the planet busting feat that's not shared? Hell, even in the Hercules/Thor armwrestling match Rage bought up in the other thread, even IF you take the narrator's statement of hyperbole at face value, it was a SHARED FEAT.
http://s13.postimg.org/9v9zqfmdv/1658587_thorvs.jpg
Hence : "THEY were generating enough pressure to knock a planet out of orbit".

carver9
Thank you for your 2 cents. Now...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30054754.jpg

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Its certainly an outlier feat given that its one feat out of 50 years of Thor comics.

The Sorrow
It wasn't destroyed. It was buckling and the shockwave from their attacks was causing a moon to crack up too. Thor broke off from the fight and saved the moon.
Wasn't that the same moon that Old Thor blasted Gorr into? I remember Gorr was throwing chunks of a moon at the older Thor's.

celeyhyga17
You still don't understand where I'm coming from Cele.

Thor is NOT some obscure character. Those guys have an excuse as to why we don't have them doing X to Y. Thor is one of Marvel's "Top Three". He's been around for decades. He has his own comic line. He's appeared in MULTIPLE other comics aside from his own comic line. Hell he's had MULTIPLE comic lines at the same time!

Where is the planet busting feat that's not shared? Hell, even in the Hercules/Thor armwrestling match Rage bought up in the other thread, even IF you take the narrator's statement of hyperbole at face value, it was a SHARED FEAT.
http://s13.postimg.org/9v9zqfmdv/1658587_thorvs.jpg
Hence : "THEY were generating enough pressure to knock a planet out of orbit".
I know exactly where ure comin from.. Lowball college of athletics.
http://www.lowballwiffle.org/files/imagecache/950wide/MARY-BETH_1.png

Kidding aside... Please continue... stick out tongue

abhilegend
Not sure why it's amusing? Taking into account his overall history, portrayal, as well as how he stacks up against his peers, the Gorr fight should only cement the fact that Thor possesses that power. To that end, he certainly has the capacity to do so, which is what the OP is asking, not whether or not Thor regularly displays that level of power. And even without the Gorr feat, he'd still have that capacity.
So produce a scan where Thor started destroying a planet. Going by his history and plethora of feats, it shouldn't be difficult.

Silent Master

Zopzop... Discuss!!!

Use valid examples!!!

Yes, he does.

zopzop
Wasn't that the same moon that Old Thor blasted Gorr into? I remember Gorr was throwing chunks of a moon at the older Thor's.
Yes and no. The entire battle sequence was a confusing clusterphuck. If you can, try to find it in the VS thread.

KT knocked Gorr into a moon. That's the one he was throwing chunks at Thor and Kid Thor. Then the fight got taken to a planet and it was buckling under the fight between Thor/Gorr. The shockwaves from the fight were cracking up an inhabited moon and Thor broke off the fight and saved the moon. Then they got transported yet AGAIN to another area where the fight ended in the Three Thors defeat inside a sun.
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes, he does.
USE VALID EXAMPLES. It's in the text you quoted.

abhilegend
Yes. But that blast obviously had no effect on the moon. Obviously.

Silent Master
USE VALID EXAMPLES. It's in the text you quoted.

Valid examples have already been mentioned.

zopzop
Valid examples have already been mentioned.
Where? Surely not the SHARED FEATS of Gorr/Thor or (even if you take the narrator's statement at face value) Hercules/Thor?

Silent Master
Where? Surely not the SHARED FEATS of Gorr/Thor or (even if you take the narrator's statement at face value) Hercules/Thor?

This has already been explained to you.

ares834

No. It's not the same moon. Old Thor blasts Gorr light years away to hit the moon. Then, later on, Young Thor hits Gorr through a portal back toward Gorr's planet. It is there that Thor and Gorr damage the moon.

pym-ftw
This is dumb, obviously this is a yes

Lol @ Abhi wanting scans of a hero flying around destroying planets with any regularity...

zopzop
This has already been explained to you.
So you got nothing? I understand.

NemeBro
Thor is no Gladiator smile That's true, Thor didn't need to touch that planet to start destroying it.

dmills

Silent Master
So you got nothing? I understand.

Just as I understand that you ignore and lowball evidence that you don't like.

abhilegend
Originally posted by ares834
No. It's not the same moon. Old Thor blasts Gorr light years away to hit the moon. Then, later on, Young Thor hits Gorr through a portal back toward Gorr's planet. It is there that Thor and Gorr damage the moon.
Oh yes, I mistook the moons. It was a jumbled mess.Originally posted by pym-ftw
This is dumb, obviously this is a yes

Lol @ Abhi wanting scans of a hero flying around destroying planets with any regularity...
Planetary strength shown in 50 years in regularity would be suffice. At this moment its one of those outliers which are brought once and soon forgotten.

zopzop
Just as I understand that you ignore and lowball evidence that you don't like.
WHAT evidence? Don't you get it? What evidence do you have of Thor busting a planet that's not a shared feat? This is actually an easy one for team Thor since you have DECADES of appearances on your side.

Now let's see the scans.
Originally posted by dmills
Cannot or does not? Obviously two different things.

@ Zop. Phucking zop. You're starting in early huh?
Can you help Team Thor produce scans? Because they just skipped that part and are already dodging.

celeyhyga17
Yes and no. The entire battle sequence was a confusing clusterphuck. If you can, try to find it in the VS thread.

KT knocked Gorr into a moon. That's the one he was throwing chunks at Thor and Kid Thor. Then the fight got taken to a planet and it was buckling under the fight between Thor/Gorr. The shockwaves from the fight were cracking up an inhabited moon and Thor broke off the fight and saved the moon. Then they got transported yet AGAIN to another area where the fight ended in the Three Thors defeat inside a sun.

Ok lets go from there.

The planet or celestial body that was directly below them from their fight was not simply just buckling. Come on lets be real here. It did more than buckle. The way u sescribe, seems so lowballish. It was literally getting torn apart. As the narration goes, worlds were being shattered!

This said moon was also described as a "world" in the same book. Be it moon or planet, it was sizeable enuff to sustain a core, inhabitants, and most prolly an atmosphere. So when u refer to it only as a moon, it kinda lowballs it don't ya think?

And finally what's the main thing about these worlds that were shattering? It was all through indirect damage. Now do you know the astronomical difference b/n directly damaging something as opposed to indirectly shattering it? Pretty frukkin big if you ask me.

Now let's go to your shared feat stance. Let's play your game since your so keen on using "on panel" evidence. Where in that whole sequence do we see art showing Gorr using an attack where shockwaves can be easily produced? Better yet other than Thor's bludgeoning attacks, where in that whole sequence do we see narration of Gorr physically clubbing Thor to produce shockwaves. I know you can without a doubt point them out to me since you are very keen on saying it is a shared feat. I definitely must have missed something right? Please show them to me. Please I'm begging since I must be blind because all I can see are Gorr's stabs and slices along with narration of him doing so.

Or is it really the other way around? Was it ultimately Thor's on panel evidence through clear art and narration, that the bludgeoning was coming from...? And that Gorr's noggin provided the object that Thor can bludgeon in order to produce the shockwaves capable of indirectly shattering celestial bodies.

JakeTheBank
It's funny and also telling how one of the best recent comics published by Marvel or DC across the board (art, dialogue, story telling, etc), let alone one of the best recent Thor stories told, is incessantly picked apart and referred to as a "jumbled mess" by the minds of some.

dmills
WHAT evidence? Don't you get it? What evidence do you have of Thor busting a planet that's not a shared feat? This is actually an easy one for team Thor since you have DECADES of appearances on your side.

Now let's see the scans.

Can you help Team Thor produce scans? Because they just skipped that part and are already dodging.

HA! Oh no, I'm not doing merc work for team Thor. I only seek to be entertained...this looks like the thread to be in for said entertainment. So please, continue...

zopzop
Ok lets go from there.

The planet or celestial body that was directly below them from their fight was not simply just buckling. Come on lets be real here. It did more than buckle. The way u sescribe, seems so lowballish. It was literally getting torn apart. As the narration goes, worlds were being shattered!

This said moon was also described as a "world" in the same book. Be it moon or planet, it was sizeable enuff to sustain a core, inhabitants, and most prolly an atmosphere. So when u refer to it only as a moon, it kinda lowballs it don't ya think?

And finally what's the main thing about these worlds that were shattering? It was all through indirect damage. Now do you know the astronomical difference b/n directly damaging something as opposed to indirectly shattering it? Pretty frukkin big if you ask me.

Now let's go to your shared feat stance. Let's play your game since your so keen on using "on panel" evidence. Where in that whole sequence do we see art showing Gorr using an attack where shockwaves can be easily produced? Better yet other than Thor's bludgeoning attacks, where in that whole sequence do we see narration of Gorr physically clubbing Thor to produce shockwaves. I know you can without a doubt point them out to me since you are very keen on saying it is a shared feat. I definitely must have missed something right? Please show them to me. Please I'm begging since I must be blind because all I can see are Gorr's stabs and slices along with narration of him doing so.

Or is it really the other way around? Was it ultimately Thor's on panel evidence through clear art and narration, that the bludgeoning was coming from...? And that Gorr's noggin provided the object that Thor can bludgeon in order to produce the shockwaves capable of indirectly shattering celestial bodies.
You still don't get it. It's a SHARED FEAT. SHARED. Thor and Gorr were fighting. It wasn't like Gorr was just standing there motionless while Thor wailed on him.

JakeTheBank
In what way did Gorr actually contribute to the planetary damage? Besides being the target for Mjolnir?

zopzop
In what way did Gorr actually contribute to the planetary damage? Besides being the target for Mjolnir?
In that he was actively FIGHTING back maybe?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why make this thread when like a month ago Thor's hammering on Gorr indirectly shattered a planet and was cracking a further away moon. At least he has that under his belt now, unlike say, Superman. shifty

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why make this thread when like a month ago Thor's hammering on Gorr indirectly shattered a planet and was cracking a further away moon. At least he has that under his belt now, unlike say, Superman. shifty
Superman isn't in this thread though.

JakeTheBank
In that he was actively FIGHTING back maybe?

And how, SPECIFICALLY, did Gorr's fighting back contribute to the planetary damage?

Either you're suggesting Gorr's weapon, a piercing/slashing weapon, was producing shockwaves with each blow or are simply attributing Gorr "helping" just because he was there.

Both of which are stupid stances given the actual panels and narration and pretty much the whole comic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman isn't in this thread though.

Thanks, I didn't realize that.

dmills

http://musicblog.vh1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/seal_voice_yank.gif

YEEEEEES!!!! Moaar

abhilegend
Superman doesn't need a hammer and several strikes to start to destroy a planet. Pak would make you believe that whether you want or not.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's funny and also telling how one of the best recent comics published by Marvel or DC across the board (art, dialogue, story telling, etc), let alone one of the best recent Thor stories told, is incessantly picked apart and referred to as a "jumbled mess" by the minds of some.
The fight was a jumbled mess.

JakeTheBank
The fight was a jumbled mess.

It really wasn't. It was very straight forward and to the point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman doesn't need a hammer and several strikes to start to destroy a planet.

Get back to me when Superman destroys a planet.

celeyhyga17
http://musicblog.vh1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/seal_voice_yank.gif

YEEEEEES!!!! Moaar
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ArfeEoB_u5g/TbM4c2neDrI/AAAAAAAAB8Y/U_cmZQZP60o/s1600/f2b5cdf8-9dae-4bbb-9d3f-f500e1abf59c.jpg

zopzop
And how, SPECIFICALLY, did Gorr's fighting back contribute to the planetary damage?

Either you're suggesting Gorr's weapon, a piercing/slashing weapon, was producing shockwaves with each blow or are simply attributing Gorr "helping" just because he was there.

Both of which are stupid stances given the actual panels and narration and pretty much the whole comic.
Ok. Let me get this straight. All Gorr did was merely "hack and slash" Thor? Then why did he cry out for more power before that throwdown on the planet? So he could "hack and slash"more effectively?

celeyhyga17
Btw I made this thread.

Didn't want to derail Black Racer vs Hela thread any longer.

laughing

zopzop
Superman isn't in this thread. Why bring him up in order to derail it? You can start a "Superman vs Planet" thread and I'm sure Superman fans will chime in.

dmills
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ArfeEoB_u5g/TbM4c2neDrI/AAAAAAAAB8Y/U_cmZQZP60o/s1600/f2b5cdf8-9dae-4bbb-9d3f-f500e1abf59c.jpg

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/creepy%20smile/grand/creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

celeyhyga17
Ok. Let me get this straight. All Gorr did was merely "hack and slash" Thor? Then why did he cry out for more power before that throwdown on the planet? So he could "hack and slash"more effectively?
I'm merely playing your game. You wan't precise on panel proof right?

I'm still waiting on Gorr's attack that can produce shockwaves.

wink

Also... He's called the God Butcher and not God Bludgeoner. U would think one would associate him with SLICING up foes.

abhilegend
It really wasn't. It was very straight forward and to the point.
I disagree.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He already did. Get back to me when Thor actually destroys one and not just buckle one.

zopzop
I'm merely playing your game. You wan't precise on panel proof right?

I'm still waiting on Gorr's attack that can produce shockwaves.

wink
I'm still waiting on Thor busting a planet on his own. You said this right?

zopzop

He already did. Get back to me when Thor actually destroys one and not just buckle one.
And even then it's a shared feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Btw I made this thread.

Didn't want to derail Black Racer vs Hela thread any longer.

laughing

Oh fair enough. I just find it to be unnecessary. We saw a fight between Thor and Gorr destroying a planet indirectly. Nothing more to discuss.

Yeah, I'm bored so I want to mess with people. stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
I disagree.

Scans?

Buckle one? laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
I disagree.

How? Honest question.

Where did you start getting confused or unable to follow the fight? Dialogue issues? Confusing narrative? Unclear art? What?

dmills
Superman isn't in this thread. Why bring him up in order to derail it? You can start a "Superman vs Planet" thread and I'm sure Superman fans will chime in.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/cena_wtf_gif.gif

The phuck are you trying to do to me man?! Shut up you!

JakeTheBank

So does Gorr's weapons produce shockwaves or not?

Or did Gorr himself being the target of Mjolnir mean that his body contributed to the damage of the planet by taking the damage from Mjolnir?

Those are really the only viable stances you could possibly have given your stance that this was a shared feat.

celeyhyga17
Scans?

Zop made the same lowballish statement.
http://www.troll.me/images/exhaustedstatue/i-cant-even-shake-my-head-anymore.jpg#shake%20my%20head

zopzop

Or did Gorr himself being the target of Mjolnir mean that his body contributed to the damage of the planet?

Those are really the only viable stances you could possibly have given your stance that this was a shared feat.
Why did Gorr cry out for more power from his servants and they began slaying the captive Gods? To hack and slash more precisely? I mean according to you that's all he was doing and contributed nothing else in that THOR AND GORR fight.

Now let's see the planet busting scans solo. I'm done with this thread until then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If only power couldn't help empower his stamina, durability, defenses, or strength to tussle with three Thor's.

abhilegend
Scans?

The same scene which you tried to refute by a writer's interview? Remind you of something?

Please show us that planet totally shattered then. Shouldn't be hard.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How? Honest question.

Where did you start getting confused or unable to follow the fight? Dialogue issues? Confusing narrative? Unclear art? What?
Its both flowery dialogue and the art I guess.

JakeTheBank
Why did Gorr cry out for more power from his servants and they began slaying the captive Gods? To hack and slash more precisely? I mean according to you that's all he was doing and contributed nothing else in that THOR AND GORR fight.

Now let's see the planet busting scans solo. I'm done with this thread until then.

Lol, so nothing? You have no real evidence to offer outside of "Gorr was being pummeled so he helped!" And yes, considering that's what his weapon does and he, y'know, BUTCHERS gods, yes, the brunt of his offense is going to be hack/slash/piercing based. How the hell am I supposed to debate with you when you don't even know your own stance?

Yes, it might be for the best if you were done with this thread.

celeyhyga17
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/cena_wtf_gif.gif

The phuck are you trying to do to me man?! Shut up you! lol1

Nibedicus
He -might- have called for "more power" in order to reinforce his defenses/heal his wounds.

Just saying.

JakeTheBank

Its both flowery dialogue and the art I guess.

Anything specific?

Silent Master

Again, examples have already been posted and explained.

dmills

Or did Gorr himself being the target of Mjolnir mean that his body contributed to the damage of the planet by taking the damage from Mjolnir?

Perhaps the narration can provide some insight banke?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The same scene which you tried to refute by a writer's interview? Remind you of something?

Please show us that planet totally shattered then. Shouldn't be hard.

Drawing a blank tbh. Do you have scans?

You've already seen the scans.

Anything specific?

Not enough Superman.

abhilegend
Anything specific?
Nah. Its the whole fight. BTW I'm not saying its a bad book, its good. Not for my tastes I guess.

abhilegend
Drawing a blank tbh. Do you have scans?
laughing out loud

The fight between superman and Kal-L?

Which showed a destroyed planet? Where?

That's your problem with thor.

JakeTheBank
Perhaps the narration can provide some insight banke?

Narration is clearly attributing the bludgeoning, which causes the worlds around him to begin to break, to Thor and Mjolnir. Gorr being the target of that doesn't mean he "helped" produce that force. And there's nothing about that scene through any dialogue or art that suggests that Gorr was producing any kind of force like Thor was.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16026625_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

The fight between superman and Kal-L?

Which showed a destroyed planet? Where?

That's your problem with thor.

Show on panel a world being destroyed. We don't accept nonsense hyperbole like on panel narration here do we?

The Sorrow
Lol, I was genuinely curious. I don't recall them leaving the orbit of that moon/planet that was affected by their battle until the very end when they all flew into the sun.

psycho gundam
Narration is clearly attributing the bludgeoning, which causes the worlds around him to begin to break, to Thor and Mjolnir. Gorr being the target of that doesn't mean he "helped" produce that force. And there's nothing about that scene through any dialogue or art that suggests that Gorr was producing any kind of force like Thor was.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16026625_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg that new thor series is metal as phuck

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that new thor series is metal as phuck

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, I was genuinely curious. I don't recall them leaving the orbit of that moon/planet that was affected by their battle until the very end when they all flew into the sun.

Young Thor knocked Gorr through a wormhole taking the fight like light years away from the moon King Thor blasted Gorr into.

abhilegend
Show on panel a world being destroyed. We don't accept nonsense hyperbole like on panel narration here do we?
Like you are doing? I'm accepting that the planet was starting to break after several strikes. Also in superman's case it was both character statementS and narration telling us so.

dmills

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16026625_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg

The sense of scope/scale in both the actual art depiction and in the corresponding narration is amazing. A dying art in comics imo.

abhilegend
The sense of scope/scale in both the actual art depiction and in the corresponding narration is amazing. A dying art in comics imo.
Read Pak's hulk then.

uhuh

dmills
Read Pak's hulk then.

uhuh

Outside of Planet Hulk, utter shit.

I still don't front Pak for pushing Hulk as far as he could though. But I'm not a fan of the character so that's just me I guess.

abhilegend
Also I don't know why Thor fans are so psyched by this feat when this isn't even a strength feat but a striking feat? Haven't they said countless times that Gladiator's feat of destroying "a large space rock" doesn't means much in terms of fights?

abhilegend

I still don't front Pak for pushing Hulk as far as he could though. But I'm not a fan of the character so that's just me I guess.
I was joking brah. This series isn't good because of power feats, its good because it shows Thor at his best, a noble warrior god with the heart of a man against impossible odds.

Silent Master
Also I don't know why Thor fans are so psyched by this feat when this isn't even a strength feat but a striking feat? Haven't they said countless times that Gladiator's feat of destroying "a large space rock" doesn't means much in terms of fights?

I don't recall any of them ever saying that, let alone saying it often enough to justify saying "countless times", can you provide some examples?

dmills
Also I don't know why Thor fans are so psyched by this feat when this isn't even a strength feat but a striking feat?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lztbov957I1qa2nyko1_500.png

janus77

The Sorrow
Young Thor knocked Gorr through a wormhole taking the fight like light years away from the moon King Thor blasted Gorr into.
Ah cool. If that's the case then wasn't it one of the planets Gorr was decimating earlier to gain more power?

psycho gundam

I still don't front Pak for pushing Hulk as far as he could though. But I'm not a fan of the character so that's just me I guess. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/htj_zps8fd5f24d.jpg

carver9
Like you are doing? I'm accepting that the planet was starting to break after several strikes. Also in superman's case it was both character statementS and narration telling us so.

Its still hyperbole, hypocrite. No matter how you put it (even though that ft was destroyed 3 times over).

dmills
Its still hyperbole, hypocrite. No matter how you put it (even though that ft was destroyed 3 times over).

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4747628/anger-management-o.gif GIFSoup

celeyhyga17
I'm still waiting on Thor busting a planet on his own. You said this right?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lIzutPFGOCQ/TkLL4p-iJgI/AAAAAAAAARw/5DGD-s5PYIo/s1600/Implied+Facepalm.jpg
How can I even take you seriously now when it comes to this subject? You have absolutely added nothing to advance your point. Much like desperation, you've just kept digging a deeper and deeper hole you are not able to come out of..

dmills
Wait a minute, something isn't right here... Celey when the hell did you start going at people hard like you've been doing of late lol?

celeyhyga17
Wait a minute, something isn't right here... Celey when the hell did you start going at people hard like you've been doing of late lol?
Whatchoo talkin bout?

I'm always civil. I don't even get warnings.

I'm not going hard at all. These memes just make me laugh. laughing

dmills
Whatchoo talkin bout?

I'm always civil. I don't even get warnings.

I'm not going hard at all. These memes just make me laugh. laughing

Nah bruh. I've been watching... You've been goin at people... lol.

And civility isn't the issue mane. You can go at people while remaining civil lol.

JakeTheBank

wut

There's a huge difference between this and Gladiator's feat. Here, Thor is rocking an enemy clearly more powerful than he is, displaying both strength (not sure why Thor has to lift/push a massive object in order for it to "count" when striking feats are more relevant in combat applications by far) and damage soak as he is fighting in spite of being cut up and stabbed by Gorr. Furthermore, Thor's endangering worlds he's not even fighting on through the repeated blows of Mjolnir in addition to the world he was fighting on. So, yes, this feat certainly holds waaaaay more weight in terms of a fight than Gladiator's feat.

Hell, let's be frank. This feat shits on Gladiator wailing on a planet by himself by several magnitudes of impressiveness and badassery.

TheGodKiller
So, far this is the summation of this thread:
http://i.qkme.me/3v6fqw.jpg

celeyhyga17
Nah bruh. I've been watching... You've been goin at people... lol.

And civility isn't the issue mane. You can go at people while remaining civil lol.
Lol... What?

There's only one person I'll routinely go after. You know who that is since he constantly puts his foot in his mouth... Makes it easier...
shifty

celeyhyga17
wut

There's a huge difference between this and Gladiator's feat. Here, Thor is rocking an enemy clearly more powerful than he is, displaying both strength (not sure why Thor has to lift/push a massive object in order for it to "count" when striking feats are more relevant in combat applications by far) and damage soak as he is fighting in spite of being cut up and stabbed by Gorr. Furthermore, Thor's endangering worlds he's not even fighting on through the repeated blows of Mjolnir in addition to the world he was fighting on. So, yes, this feat certainly holds waaaaay more weight in terms of a fight than Gladiator's feat.

Hell, let's be frank. This feat shits on Gladiator wailing on a planet by himself by several magnitudes of impressiveness and badassery. Amen to that!
http://www.firststpauls.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pray.gif
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
So, far this is the summation of this thread:
http://i.qkme.me/3v6fqw.jpg
lol1

Magnon
No, Thor can't destroy a planet. It would take him a long time to even destroy a large city. Planets are way out of his league.

JakeTheBank
^
wut

dmills
Lol... What?

There's only one person I'll routinely go after. You know who that is since he constantly puts his foot in his mouth... Makes it easier...
shifty

That's what I'm talking about laughing out loud

He must've really pissed you off lol.

dmills
Originally posted by Magnon
No, Thor can't destroy a planet. It would take him a long time to even destroy a large city. Planets are way out of his league.

baka

Rage.Of.Olympus

It outright said that the planet was being shattered. Either you accept on panel narration or you don't. Not to mention wee actually see Thor destroying the planet with Gorr.

Also, I should get in touch with the writer and email him your interpretation of the comic just so he can have a laugh.

celeyhyga17
That's what I'm talking about laughing out loud

He must've really pissed you off lol.
Lol nah...
He knows we're just having fun. I even take his name calling as terms of endearment.

big grin

JakeTheBank
We see Thor destroying the planet he was on and endangering the inhabited world in the distance. And that was all indirect damage, not him actively focusing on doing either as both were merely collateral damage.

Clearly it's impossible for him to destroy a planet, though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, what the hell is wrong with people? Even if Thor provided 50% of the power (Obviously not because the entire scene puts emphasis on Thor hammering Gorr), the strength needed to indirectly destroy a planet below and another world in the distance is far greater then that needed to destroy a world by actively hammering on it.

JakeTheBank
I mean, the scene is pretty clear, and like Rage said, even if we arbitrarily assume Thor only provided 50% of the damage needed to break apart the world he and Gorr were fighting on as well as the one in the distance, that's a display of power greater than just hammering away on a planet directly (aka Gladiator).

It's a great fight from a great comic from a great series (something even non Thorbags can and have attested to). There's really nothing to debate about, tbh.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, what the hell is wrong with people? Even if Thor provided 50% of the power (Obviously not because the entire scene puts emphasis on Thor hammering Gorr), the strength needed to indirectly destroy a planet below and another world in the distance is far greater then that needed to destroy a world by actively hammering on it.

I mean, the scene is pretty clear, and like Rage said, even if we arbitrarily assume Thor only provided 50% of the damage needed to break apart the world he and Gorr were fighting on as well as the one in the distance, that's a display of power greater than just hammering away on a planet directly (aka Gladiator).

It's a great fight from a great comic from a great series (something even non Thorbags can and have attested to). There's really nothing to debate about, tbh.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_379/1237994985wzH5Ky.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor should bench press the Earth for six days and not even break a sweat. As long as a lady with a clipboard can confirm it, then it's definitely not hyperbolic or open to debate.

Endless Mike
If Bill can do it Thor can do it. Thor and Bill also busted a gate device larger than stars with a double Mjolnir throw. And he and Gorr were destroying planets as a side effect of their fight (and since the shockwaves were destroying them from space that takes exponentially more energy than attacking them directly due to the inverse-square law).

So basically unless you believe that Bill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor, this is a stupid question, and the answer is obviously yes.

Damborgson
Thor should bench press the Earth for six days and not even break a sweat. As long as a lady with a clipboard can confirm it, then it's definitely not hyperbolic or open to debate.

Yeah that's not going to cut it. Maybe if changed his look, say got an "S" on his chest.

dmills
So this is it? I was expecting an epic flame war and all I got was a little sizzle? Man you guys all chase balls...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If Bill can do it Thor can do it. Thor and Bill also busted a gate device larger than stars with a double Mjolnir throw. And he and Gorr were destroying planets as a side effect of their fight (and since the shockwaves were destroying them from space that takes exponentially more energy than attacking them directly due to the inverse-square law).

So basically unless you believe that Bill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor, this is a stupid question, and the answer is obviously yes.
Thor/Bill toss their hammers and destroy Surtur's portal forged out of the remnants of a Galaxy (It dwarfed Planets/Stars):
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16134742_Thor_V1340_p04.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16134743_Thor_V1340_p12.jpg Funny thing was they INDIRECTLY destroyed it. They actually did not directly hit any part of that gigantic portal, but made their hammers collide as planned by Thor. It's another astronomical feat that shiets on any direct busting of planets. Literally shiets on them as if they were child's play.

celeyhyga17
So this is it? I was expecting an epic flame war and all I got was a little sizzle? Man you guys all chase balls...
Just start from page 1 again and continue..
It's like a great story arc.. It just gets better with age.
cool

TheGodKiller
lol1
That's nothing compared to OneDumbG0's Revamped zopzopz Respect thread comment. I literally fell out of my chair laughing when I was reading that.

carver9

laughing out loud

dmills
That's nothing compared to OneDumbG0's Revamped zopzopz Respect thread comment. I literally fell out of my chair laughing when I was reading that.

LMAO!

Forget celey, you've been on quite a roll yourself of late lol.

-Pr-

That was easy.

dmills
Originally posted by -Pr-

The funniest part about what you just posted is that your sig actually highlights it lol!

That was easy...Your welcome lol!

the Darkone
Which one so I can read it

celeyhyga17
U guys are mean..

-Pr-
The funniest part about what you just posted is that your sig actually highlights it lol!

That was easy...Your welcome lol!

thumb up

zopzop
Funny thing was they INDIRECTLY destroyed it. They actually did not directly hit any part of that gigantic portal, but made their hammers collide as planned by Thor. It's another astronomical feat that shiets on any direct busting of planets. Literally shiets on them as if they were child's play.
BRB AND THOR. Again a share feat. His whole plan involved the TWO HAMMERS causing some sort of chain reaction in the portal.
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Think about what you're saying. If two beings are peers they can share feats despite the fact that one being hasn't done it?

psycho gundam
#StopZop

Nibedicus
Didn't Thor destroy a planet while smashing BRB in B&T?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Didn't Thor destroy a planet while smashing BRB in B&T?
More like a moon or planetoid.

janus77
Originally posted by psycho gundam
#StopZop
#moreZopZop

Zopupy KMC VSForums!

celeyhyga17
BRB AND THOR. Again a share feat. His whole plan involved the TWO HAMMERS causing some sort of chain reaction in the portal.
"Some sort"? "Chain reaction"? Serious?
embarrasment

Rage.Of.Olympus

Think about what you're saying. If two beings are peers they can share feats despite the fact that one being hasn't done it?

laughing out loud

Talk about clutching at straws.

zopzop
"Some sort"? "Chain reaction"? Serious?
embarrasment
You read the scan right? It took Mjolnir AND Stormbreaker to do that to the portal. In fact, that was Thor's plan all along.

So unless Thor carries TWO Enchanted Hammers with him at all times, I don't get what this showing has to do with the thread according to the rules you yourself posted.
laughing out loud

Talk about clutching at straws.
You realize it took BOTH Mjolnir AND Stormbreaker to do that right?

"If the TWO hammers can COLLIDE within the portal perhaps....."

Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay, and? Thor contributed at least 50% of the feat which is still far impressive then planetary destruction.

zopzop
Okay, and? Thor contributed at least 50% of the feat which is still far impressive then planetary destruction.
It took both! That's why it's a SHARED FEAT. What would have happened if ONLY Mjolnir struck that portal?

curryman
Terrible logic.

Because Thor's hitting someone, it's a shared feat.

But Thor's a hero so he'd never destroy a planet if it wasn't in a fight with someone.

If Zopzop's not going to accept Thor destroying a planet by wailing at someone, then there's absolutely no point to this thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It took both! That's why it's a SHARED FEAT. What would have happened if ONLY Mjolnir struck that portal?

Probably not enough damage to destroy the portal. But so what? No one is saying Thor could have destroyed a portal created from the heart of a Galaxy completely solo. We're arguing about planet busting which pales in comparison to that feat.

Are you suffering from some sort of stroke? Why can't you understand this?

zopzop
Originally posted by curryman
Terrible logic.

Because Thor's hitting someone, it's a shared feat.

But Thor's a hero so he'd never destroy a planet if it wasn't in a fight with someone.

If Zopzop's not going to accept Thor destroying a planet by wailing at someone, then there's absolutely no point to this thread.
You're basically saying it was all Thor and Gorr contributed NOTHING to the shockwave which makes no sense since Gorr was ACTIVELY fighting back. This is a shared feat. I don't get what's so hard.

40+ years of comic history and multiple titles and this is the only thing Team Thor is hanging their hopes on? Says a lot.
Probably not enough damage to destroy the portal. But so what? No one is saying Thor could have destroyed a portal created from the heart of a Galaxy completely solo. We're arguing about planet busting which pales in comparison to that feat.

Are you suffering from some sort of stroke? Why can't you understand this?
Because it was Thor + someone else. Could Thor have done it alone? No right? If so, he wouldn't have needed Stormbreaker's help. Why aren't their scans of him doing something like planet busting by himself? Published history is on YOUR side.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>