Hawkman vs thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between hawkman and thor?

-K-M-
Thor hands down. He can hang with him briefly as he has done with Wonder Woman, Superman and Black Adam but he is still going to lose.

pym-ftw
Thor solidly

Spite really...

Golgo13
Thor one-shots him.

-K-M-
If Superman, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman cant one-shot him Thor won't either. He will hands down win, but it wont be done though a one-shot

Endless Mike
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hawkman dies.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -K-M-
If Superman, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman cant one-shot him Thor won't either. He will hands down win, but it wont be done though a one-shot
I guess so...

But I don't really see Hawkman winning any out of 10...

Stomp in favor of the thunder god.

Golgo13
Unless Hawkman gets the Claw of Horus, I don't see him winning one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He can't. Hawkman at his best can give some of the higher end powerhouses somewhat of a struggle. Thor at his best shits on that however.

-K-M-
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I guess so...

But I don't really see Hawkman winning any out of 10...

Stomp in favor of the thunder god.

Neither do I, but he won't get one-shoted is all.

celeyhyga17
Neither do I, but he won't get one-shoted is all.
How is he against a big lightning bolt?

-K-M-
How is he against a big lightning bolt?

He's tanked lightening bolts before (and DC Comics Surtur's flames), but an uber limit lightening blast from Thor like the one that hurt Chaos King? No chance he would survive. Though it's unlikely Thor would go to that ultimate attack right away

Rage.Of.Olympus
Obviously he's not going to take any lightning bolts and survive but Thor isn't going to resort to that either.

It's going to be a bit of a hand to hand scuffle which ends with Mjolnir shattering his mace and Thor's fist breaking his face. That's like the best possible outcome for Hawkman. But it's perfectly within reason for Thor to just drop him with a throw or something on his way to the bigger threat.

celeyhyga17
He's tanked lightening bolts before (and DC Comics Surtur's flames), but an uber limit lightening blast from Thor like the one that hurt Chaos King? No chance he would survive. Though it's unlikely Thor would go to that ultimate attack right away
I really don't think Thor would go Chaos King bolt on Hawkman, but I don't see why a pretty strong bolt can't induce a one-shot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think K-M meant that only a Chaos King like lightning bolt can one-shot Hawkman. That's the definition of over-kill, any lightning bolt that Thor summons will finish the job.

-K-M-
I didn't, but as I said he has tanked lightening bolts in the past before. Reason due to his durability and high level healing factor.

I don't think a regular bolt will do, he would have to put more oompf into it not Chaos King level but still more then a regular lightening blast.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think K-M meant that only a Chaos King like lightning bolt can one-shot Hawkman lol. At least I don't think he did.
I'm gonna have to change my stance on the one-shot. Thor won't be one-shotting Hawkman on the regs, but he can definitely produce one-shot wins... It's definitely not out of the realm of possiblity.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I didn't, but as I said he has tanked lightening bolts in the past before. Reason due to his durability and high level healing factor.

I don't think a regular bolt will do, he would have to put more oompf into it not Chaos King level but still more then a regular lightening blast.

What kind of lightning bolts out of curiosity? Do you happen to have scans?

Maybe not a regular lightning bolt by normal weather standards. But I don't think Thor will have to put any particular power behind it to take out Hawkman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm gonna have to change my stance on the one-shot. Thor won't be one-shotting Hawkman on the regs, but he can definitely produce one-shot wins... It's definitely not out of the realm of possiblity.

I think Thor wins 10/10. How many of those are one-shots depends entirely on which Thor you want to use I guess.

-K-M-

Yep, could Thor get a one-shot? Yep it's possible but Hawkman is a tough bugger and don't see Thor going all out especially right from the start.

hawkman would need to pray that Thor doesn't get angry or super serious to even hope to last a few minutes

-K-M-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I think Thor wins 10/10. Like half those wins can be one-shots depending on the incarnation you want to use.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Also depends on the Hawkman incarnation. Some are tougher then others no? He also fluctuates depending on the writer. Sometimes I get a very street like Batman vibe and sometimes he's a bit more of a threat.

I remember him surviving against Black Adam yet having a decent fight with Batman for example.

I think Hawkman at his very best can provide a bit of a defense. But by the same token, I think Thor at his very best is overkill. For example, Fraction's Thor will decapitate Hawkman with a headbutt and go on with his rampage.

-K-M-
Yes, some became a Hawk God avatar (still wouldn't give him the nod over Thor though). His history is a confusing mess, not even sure what his origins now are in the new 52. Heard he now has nth metal armor and his origins changed again.

Kator had some weapons that could turn off neural pathways in a person as he did to Aquaman and Elongated Man. Could that work on Thor? *Shrugs*

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, some became a Hawk God avatar (still wouldn't give him the nod over Thor though). His history is a confusing mess, not even sure what his origins now are in the new 52. Heard he now has nth metal armor and his origins changed again.

Kator had some weapons that could turn off neural pathways in a person as he did to Aquaman and Elongated Man. Could that work on Thor? *Shrugs*

Typical. Most characters who aren't quite obscure but not big names either usually have messed up backgrounds.

Definitely possible I guess. I say it's 50/50 depending on the writer. It's one of those things that can drop him like a stone or prove to be ineffective because he's a "God".

-K-M-
Yeah and regardless he hasn't used it since the Silver Age so he isn't going to use it here regardless.

Golgo13
Hawkman recently has an armor upgrade which owned Blockbuster. Probably Aquaman level with it, since he'll be fighting Aquaman in Trinity War.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HM_zps8681560a.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, where does DC find the guys who design these new costumes?

I can't even take him seriously with that Scorpion penis.

dmills
Yeah that shit is whack...

Golgo13
That was a one time armor so far. I prefer Bennet's design. His art is stellar here.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/VanSlanzardeFanel/BennetsHawkman_zpsb35fb896.jpg

Sh3nG L0nG
Thor wins solidly, like 10/10. I am with K M though, Hawkman is a bad mutha, he'll put up a struggle until Thor gets serious.

pym-ftw
I've always viewed hawkman as Dc's the Thing

He is just a mid level guy who through heart or will or something can hang with the top guys, and even give them a fight on occasion...

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I've always viewed hawkman as Dc's the Thing

He is just a mid level guy who through heart or will or something can hang with the top guys, and even give them a fight on occasion...

yup, he's a warrior.

dmills
@prep. Much better.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Golgo13
That was a one time armor so far. I prefer Bennet's design. His art is stellar here.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/VanSlanzardeFanel/BennetsHawkman_zpsb35fb896.jpg

epic. I saved it to my hard drive the first time I saw it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Significantly better (The first costume looked like a freaking parody) but still way too many lines imo.

h1a8
Thor wins 10/10
but Hawkman makes Thor struggle just a tiny bit

Emi~Kiro
Hawkman at his best gets beat.

Sixth_Winged
Thor 10/10.

h1a8
/thread

Emi~Kiro
Here is a question, how many hawkmen would be needed to take down Thor?

JakeTheBank
Thor 10/10.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Here is a question, how many hawkmen would be needed to take down Thor?
A lot

Really the more hawkmen the more likely it is for Thor to go Aoe...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.