Most underrated console?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
I say it's a toss up between the GameCube and the DreamCast.

Impediment
The GameCube was very underrated. I loved playing it.

jinXed by JaNx
saturn

Smasandian
Hmm. that's a good one.

I would say DreamCast. Having the first console to go online is a pretty significant step.

BackFire
Dreamcast for sure. Great system.

Tzeentch._
The PS2

Smasandian
Umm, you do know this means underrated?

Don't know how the highest selling console of all time is underrated.

Tzeentch._
Do you know what underrated means?

Smasandian
Yes, under estimated the value of something. O

Still don't know how a console that sells the highest amount of consoles is underestimated?

A console that followed the 4th highest selling console. (also, 2nd and 3rd sellling consoles are handhelds).

Why is it underrated?

Omega Vision
DreamCast.

ScreamPaste
Gamecube.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yes, under estimated the value of something. O

Still don't know how a console that sells the highest amount of consoles is underestimated?

A console that followed the 4th highest selling console. (also, 2nd and 3rd sellling consoles are handhelds).

Why is it underrated?

And just recently they stopped production on the console

didn't even realise they were still making it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
The PS2

Agree with that!

Kazenji
Atari 2600.

jinXed by JaNx
I think the PsP deserves a nod. I know it had it did fairly well but i still think it was greatly overlooked by a lot of people. To me it was the first perfect realization of a handheld system

Kazenji
^ Thread title says console not handheld

but i agree regarding the PSP.

FistOfThe North
The Dreamcast, definitely. The Vita, imo.

Ushgarak
The Dreamcast failed as a marketing piece to save Sega, but is it actually underrated? Isn't it actually rated very highly, in retrospect?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The Dreamcast failed as a marketing piece to save Sega, but is it actually underrated? Isn't it actually rated very highly, in retrospect?

Umm? Well you got a point there. Well, then it was underrated by Sega. Them failing the system due to a lack of marketing because they didn't believe in the system, at least as much as fans did.

I thought Dreamcast was sega's second coming. It was the best console sega put out. I remember it being the best console out for like a year then the ps2 incinerated it. I remember picking it up on launch day at Funcoland (now Gamestop) on 9/9/99. I had sonic, soul caliber and mvc for it and couldn't put those games down. And the controllers w/mem lcd, for football, aw man. Yet I've never really seen any advertisement for it anywhere. One commercial every once in a blue ending with the swirly orange logo but that's it.

Ushgarak
It had adverts attached before The Phantom Menace over here- very high profile. Used Robbie Williams music advertising the multiplayer capacity.

Zack Fair
Dreamcast isn't underrated.

The Sega Saturn on other hand...I think it fits the bill quite well.

Juk3n
Dreamcast isn't underrated. "Hardcore" gamers know what the **** is up with Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue 1 & 2. Also had the prettiest game that generation with Ecco. Metropolis Street Racer took about 100 hours from me - which back then was ****ing insane - and showed me what car physics should be like not for realism, but for balls out fun and skill. VMU's were and I think always will be my favourite gaming revolution.

Dreamcast isn't underrated, just undervalued.

Sega Saturn was bloody underrated. If you loved JRPG's and never played Shining Force III, you missed something special there. Dragon Force - awesome - Guardian Heroes, and PDSAGA *fap fap fap. Daytona Usa CE, yes please. And last but not least, the first time I saw Nights into Dreams...

Sega always were revolutionaries, but sometimes being too ahead of the curve leaves you liable to drop off.

First time I saw Jet set running I nearly cried. True originality born right there.

Bentley
Either the Saturn or the Game Cube. They are pretty underrated undeservedly so.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Dreamcast isn't underrated.

The Sega Saturn on other hand...I think it fits the bill quite well.

thumb up

Dreamcast is still selling well in Japan. Loved my Dreamcast, Techromancer is easily in my top 5 fighting games.

Saturn got little love. And Gamecube undeservedly hard horrid sales.

Ushgarak
I remember reading some theories on the lines that the Gamecube was actually too cheap, which combined with its looks to make the public feel it was a kid's toy compared to the more serious alternatives.

The Wii had that much more sleek pure whiet Apple-type feel to it and worked much better in that regard.

ArtificialGlory
The OUYA.

I kid, I kid. Don't hit me, please

LeonBuco666
The sega with alex the kid built into the system, god memories!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.