The Conjuring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
EHJyC4R9D6o

This one came out of nowhere......but it seems to be getting decent reviews.

Impediment
Meh.

I'll rent it from the PSN when it releases.

Kazenji
k10ETZ41q5o

Darth Vicious
I'm checking it out Friday. I also want to check out their museum which is about 30 min. from my house.

BruceSkywalker
prolly won't see, but expect this to be successful

Kazenji
Might check it out

up for a decent ghost movie.

Darth Martin
Yo, this shit was surprisingly very good. I liked it.

siriuswriter
After having watched Vera Farminga in the first season of "Bates Motel" this past year, I have gained so much more respect for her. I'll probably see this on DVD.

Insomniatric
Been wanting to see this for a while now, I might go tonight.

It has an 85% on the tomatometer, that's almost unheard of for a horror movie these days.

It got an R rating apparently for being too scary for PG-13, if that's true then that's pretty badass.

Darth Martin
It's definitely the best mainstream horror flick I've seen in a long time.

jinXed by JaNx
Just got back from seeing this tonight. I dont know what everyone is so impressed about. It is filmed well. The cinematography and lighting is great. It has a perfect nostalgic lens while still being able to feel current. I dont know about this one. Everything just fell flat for me. I never felt any sense of a real threat. This may be because of the music. The music composition for this movie is horrid. It's about as generic as you can get and it often makes everything too predictable. I suppose the other problem is that there is absolutely no character development or even much of a story. It was just cheap jump scares. How this got an R rating is beyond me. I say pass on this one. It's been many times before and many times there have been better results. 6/10

Darth Martin
Is a jump scare cheap if you actually jump?

jinXed by JaNx
no and i don't mean to belittle that style of horror because whatever this movie did, it did it well. It just felt generic to me. I personally had no connection with any element of the movie other than digging the cinematography.

Darth Martin
To each their own. *shrugs* What was wrong with the music?

rudester
I give it an 8/10 for building up the characters. The begining was a jk with the doll, made me laugh more tat the dol wanted in so bad. The movie left a few pot holes, the male sideburns were much bigger..lol the witch never really had a bck story other then she was related to a salem witch and she went mad but never gave a motive. Idk maybe i missed it? The mom ghost looked borrowed from the movie 1408, same ghost? There was no real violence in this movie and wen they had the chance they would hesitate. The toy box was a good example of this, i expected the ghost to pop out. I wont say more but the ending sucked.

Kazenji
The way your making it out to sound bad it should be a 5/10 not an 8/10.

rudester
Sorry didnt mean to! Guess i watched so many movies im jaded, i probably expect to much. It was entertaining and u had two good jumps. The acting was okay to.

Darth Martin
Imperative that if you see this stay away from ALL trailers.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
To each their own. *shrugs* What was wrong with the music?

I don't know man, it felt generic to me. It was almost as though the film relied on the music to let the audience know when to be scared. A lot of horror movies have this problem which make the movie far to predictable. My other problem with the movie is that they never really established what the antagonizing entity was. At first it was implied to be a ghost, then a demonic entity and then it was a witch. The whole thing with the exorcism just felt forced. I got the impression that the guy believed but i never once got the impression that he was capable of carrying out an exorcism. I got the impression that an exorcism can be carried out by anyone that can read from the bible. It was a stupid movie that was filmed well.

I usually like demonic spirit movies and shit but this one couldn't get over soon enough. I really don't know what everyone is so enthralled with. As for the R rating, aside from a slight amount of blood, this movie was no more graphic or intense than poltergeist. There is absolutely no reason why it should have landed an R rating. I feel that PG would have suited it just fine.

jaden101
Looks like another in the increasing long line that brought us Mama, Insidious, Sinister and all the other shit.

Kazenji
Or maybe the trailers are misleading.

jaden101
Might have been a better idea to mislead people by making it look like good films instead of shit ones then.

Kazenji
Back from seeing it

I liked it....except i didn't really find it "That" scary which alot of the movie critics are making it out to be

7.5/10

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Just got back from seeing this tonight. I dont know what everyone is so impressed about. It is filmed well. The cinematography and lighting is great. It has a perfect nostalgic lens while still being able to feel current. I dont know about this one. Everything just fell flat for me. I never felt any sense of a real threat. This may be because of the music. The music composition for this movie is horrid. It's about as generic as you can get and it often makes everything too predictable. I suppose the other problem is that there is absolutely no character development or even much of a story. It was just cheap jump scares. How this got an R rating is beyond me. I say pass on this one. It's been many times before and many times there have been better results. 6/10

That's what I was afraid of. I haven't agreed with many Rotten Tomatoes ratings lately and I am skeptical of this one (at 85%). Music is a big deal. The recent Sinister was a b-movie premise at best, but the music and mood made it rather effective. So it can really make or break a film for me.

0mega Spawn
Scariest movie ive seen in a while.

Kazenji
I find "Scary" to be debatable when it comes to horror movies

the Exorcist is supposedly still scary........bs its not.

Kelly_Bean
I really liked it. I saw it twice! I didn't like the way it started out but it turned out to be a really good movie!

Galan007
Don't know if I've ever seen a horror film that creeped me out quite this much. I just wish we would have been told or shown exactly what Lorraine 'saw' at the exorcism that went bad.

At any rate, it was a solid film. I'd definitely recommend it to any fan of the paranormal genre.

Darth Martin
Atleast your honest. We got a bunch of badasses at my job that swear it wasn't scary. When I asked did they jump? They reply "maybe 2 or 3 times."

Kazenji
^ That's why i said

not everyone is going to have the same reaction.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Atleast your honest. We got a bunch of badasses at my job that swear it wasn't scary. When I asked did they jump? They reply "maybe 2 or 3 times." I didn't think it was scary in a "boo!" sense-- there were only a few parts that made me jump a bit. When I say creepy, I just mean that it resonated with me down to my core, on a chilling type of level-- not unlike The Omen, Exorcist, Sinister, etc.

That's just me, though.

Major_Lexington
Probably go to see this just for farmiga.

Kazenji
I ended up looking at that place, They were headed off to near the end.....its where the Amityville incident happened.

BjornVdKerkhof
I liked the movie, had to look to it very open-minded but it wasn't to bad at all. 7,5/10

Kazenji
Annabelle the doll is getting a spinoff, They seem to be going for a prequel tale

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111240

Darth Martin
Shout out to this dude James Wan though.

The Conjuring is the best horror flick I've seen in forever. Not to mention Insidious: Chapter 2 was surprisingly pretty good too.

http://replygif.net/i/570.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.