Respect the Xenoverse (Xenogears and Xenosaga)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trexalfa
Xenogears and Xenosaga are the deepest stories in gaming, easily in the level of books. But philosophy, psychology and amazing story arcs aren't the only things the series has, but also incredible technology and an incredible set of characters, all of them deep and some more powerful than others. Some of them are just plain broken and ridiculous. Here I'll cover the characters I think are the best examples of power in this games.

So let's begin!:

KOS-MOS (Mary Magdalene)

KOS-MOS (Kosmos Obey Strategic Multiple Operation
System) is an anti Gnosis weapon system developed by Vector Industries to surpass every existence and serve as the weapon to destroy the Gnosis. Designed by Kevin Winnicot, KOS-MOS is an incredible android.

She is, in truth, a vessel for Mary Magdalene's consciousness and an essential part of Wilhelm's plan. Activation code: "Ye shall be as gods".

In battle, KOS-MOS is an exceptional fighter. She can summon miniguns at will and dual wield them, leading to extreme fight power (minute 3:57). She is also able to shoot beams from her hands, pulling a blade out of her hand and is capable of incredible acrobatic feats. She also can use the Hilbert Effect on a massive scale (it reachs a hole sector of a star system), which makes the Gnosis tangible (minute 2:54 in video).

Video to check: Xenosaga I FMV - 19 - Saved by KOS-MOS.by PitylessEnvy

trexalfa
The KOS-MOS Archetype, the original version constructed, was fairly more powerful than the current test version (seen in Episode I). The archetype utterly slaughtered Vector personnel and heavily armed U-TIC soldiers, and took down a ship with no effort (minute 2:18 of video).

Video to search: Xenosaga I - 31 - Cherenkov and KOS-MOS

However, KOS-MOS can enter a blue eyed mode. In this mode, Mary overpowers KOS-MOS mock personality and takes control of the body, but she doesn't awaken as herself completely. The only time she entered this state in Episode I she pulled the feat of absorbing and thus destroying a massive fleet of Gnosis by herself.

Video of the feat: Xenosaga I - 46 - Escaping the Gnosis

Later in Episode I, KOS-MOS obtains a Phase Transfer Cannon, a weapon that is said to be able to vaporize a star (minute 5:50). Shion's statement (minute 3:50). It was concentrated in single point to not destroy everything arround KOS-MOS. This cannon puts KOS-MOS at Star Buster level or even System Buster if the cannon is used on the Sun.

Video-Xenosaga I - 61 - Revealing the Song

In a vision shown by Nephilim to the party, the completed version of KOS-MOS is seen armed with her Tertiary Weapon System (in a possible future) and using it to fight with U-DO, who is God. So KOS-MOS gave a hell of a fight to a portion of God's waves, and the collision of attacks seemed like busting a whole Galaxy and beyond. (All of this in minute 1:10 of the video).

Video- Xenosaga I - 56 - Febronia (Part 2)

In Episode II, we are shown that KOS-MOS can summon high tech rifles (minute 4:35) and restrain Albedo after he linked with U-DO using the Tertiary Weapon System (this is Combat Frame KOS-MOS, not a test frame like in Episode I) (Minute 6:20 of the video).

Videos in order of feats:
Xenosaga II - 33 - Cecile and Cathe
Xenosaga II - 36 - Martyr

KOS-MOS has access to a high tech motorbike (minute 2:08) which can shoot lasers and merge with E.S. Dinah. After this, KOS-MOS enters blue eyed mode and powers the E.S. so it can destroy the all the attacking auto-tech (from minute 3:18 all this feats).
Video-Xenosaga II - 26 - KOS-MOS's Rescue

In Episode III, KOS-MOS gets upgraded to the Version 3 of her frame and becomes much more powerful, but gets easily overpowered by Omega Res Novae (more on this one later) and later by T-elos, her "ultimate version" created from the true body of Mary.

Videos-Xenosaga III - 026 - Chapter 2 - KOS-MOS vs. Omega Res Novae
Xenosaga III - 051 - Chapter 3 - KOS-MOS vs. T-elos

The power of KOS-MOS Tertiary Weapon System is the only thing apart from Omega Res Novae Phase Transfer Cannon that can penetrate the Hypersphere that surrounds Rennes-le-Chateau (minute 0:35)
Video-Xenosaga III - 045 - Chapter 3 - Penetrating The Hypersphere

After being destroyed by T-elos, the frame of KOS-MOS was upgraded to final version, making her a rival to even a Testament.

Video-Xenosaga III - 074 - Chapter 6 - KOS-MOS vs Black Testament.

It's revealed that KOS-MOS power comes from the Zohar and thus from U-DO (God himself).

In this new version and after fully awakening as Mary, KOS-MOS is finally able to overpower T-elos. Now KOS-MOS seems to have a more compact version of her star busting Phase Transfer Cannon incorporated.

Videos-Xenosaga III - 139 - Chapter 9 - KOS-MOS Awakens
Xenosaga III - 140 - Chapter 9 - KOS-MOS versus T-elos

After this, KOS-MOS absorbs the Animus power from T-elos (Mary's body) and becomes a god-like being, with the power to shape Anima at will and to direct the consciousness of people. Once KOS-MOS obtained it, people arround all the universe became Gnosis and were attracted to were KOS-MOS was, to Zarathustra.

Mary Magdalene was a god being born from the Collective Unconsciouss of humanity along with Yeshua and Wilhelm. She was the real domain form of the power of Animus. After obtaining Animus, there is the posibility that KOS-MOS obtained virtual inmortality, the ability to bend the laws of physics and to affect everything from the imagininary domain like Yeshua and Wilhelm can do, but there is nothing that indicates universe busting power like that of Yeshua.

Mary is possible reincarnation of Eve, if not outright confirmed in Episode III.

So yeah, KOS-MOS is more than a cute and sexy android guys and I hate when people think she is just fanservice.

Note, this is not a KOS-MOS respect thread. I will add more characters as time passes.

Bro SMASH
Does Xenoblade count too?

trexalfa
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Does Xenoblade count too?

No, because Xenoblade doesn't belong to the same universe. The original name of the game was Monado and was only given a Xeno name for marketing purposes.

Updates on the thread coming soon smile

trexalfa
Now we've got to add the character who is most likely the most powerful character in the whole series, only surpassed by U-DO. Yes, that's right. It's chaos.

chaos

chaos, also known as his true name Yeshua, is another main character. He is a god being born from the Collective Unconsciouss, just like Mary and Wilhelm. Yeshua is potentially the most powerful of the trio, as his destiny includes destroying the universe.

chaos is the human form of the power of Anima, just like how Mary is the human form of the power of Animus and Wilhelm is the human form of an unnamed god like power. Anima is the failsafe of the universe, the thing that causes it's destruction before the Collective Uncosciouss collapses. The means to do this is forcing the dispersal of the Collective by ussing higher dimensional power, destoying the universe but isolating the effects of the destruction to that area in particular. This means that, while the collapse of the Collective of one single universe can cause the whole existence to collapse, if Anima destroys that universe first then the effects won't cause existence to collapse, as the collapse phenomenon is kept isolated.

The manifestation of the power of Anima is Lemegeton, also known as The Word of God. These words are unable to be used by any other being besides Yeshua. Lemegeton activates the Original Zohar and introduces energy from the Upper Domain into this Lower Domain, and chaos can manipulate that energy at will to obtain incredible results. The miracles the Messiah was able to do were possible thanks to Lemegeton. Yeshua was the man behind Jesus Christ. While he was the Messiah, Yeshua was the divine being that did all the miracles for him.

However, the consciousness of the Apostles, who had the factor to become Testaments and thus could access Yeshua's powers, speed up the failsafe function of Anima and so endangered the universe. That led Mary to use her power of Animus to take half of chaos power out of his body and divide it into the twelve Vessels of Anima. Yeshua was weakened as he lost half of his god like power and wasn't able to destroy the universe at that stage. He still is more powerful than any being in the Lower Domain except Mary and Wilhelm though.

Now for some in game feats wink chaos seems to be able to call forth lesser versions of his failsafe function to affect individual consciousness. He was shown in his debut to annihilate a Gnosis by touching it (Gnosis are rejecting consciousness, but I'll get to that later) (feat in minute 4:45)

Video-Xenosaga I FMV - 23 - Chaos

chaos holds back during the entire trilogy. He's best fighting gloves are gloves of the worst quality because it allows him to release his power.

More on him in next post wink

trexalfa
Lemegeton was also used during the Genesis era, by none other than possibly Adam, who may have been Anima's first form. After being actualized, Lemegeton contained the knowledge needed to create the Relics of God. This incarnation of Anima served as the power source for the whole system of the relics (getting to explain them later on the thread).

Lemegeton later was made a Zohar control program to force it's activation. This program wrecked incredible havoc:

An incomplete translation/reconstruction of Lemegeton was the wavelength emited by the Song of Nephilim. The "Song" could summon hordes of Gnosis (minute 3:09 of first video) and made all the Realians on Miltia to go on a rampage (from minute 1:20 in second video).

Videos-Xenosaga I - 58 - Gnosis Assault
Xenosaga III - 093 - Chapter 7 - Tragedy At The Church

In A Missing Year it was shown that Lemegeton could control the behaviour of the Gnosis. If a human had implanted Lemegeton in his mind, then he could transform into a Gnosis at will and retain his self awareness.

Now I'll show some feats by E.S.s, mechas that are powered by a Vessel of Anima (1/24 of Yeshua's full power) and are capable of destroying entire squads of mechas are able to fight starships like nothing (I also remember something about an E.S. being able to take on a whole fleet). The Vessels invoke Lemegeton and call power from the Original Zohar in order to power the E.S.s.

Albedo uses E.S. Simeon to get inside the Kukai Foundation (and gets some fun on the proccess) (minute 4:00 in the video)

Video-Xenosaga I - 58 - Gnosis Assault

Then the Vessel of Anima inside Simeon absorbs a Kirschwasser to power itself up and automatize the control system of the E.S. (minute 6:28)

Video-Xenosaga I - 63 - Encountering Albedo

chaos and Canaan use E.S. Asher to destroy many drones in Miltia (minute 5:43 of the first video to 1:35 of the second one)

Video-Xenosaga II - 01 - 14 Years Ago (Part 1 )
Xenosaga II - 01 - 14 Years Ago (Part 2 )

Here some Ormus E.S.s (piloted by Richard and Hermann) chasing Jr, MOMO and Ziggy (from 1:00).

Video-Xenosaga II - 07 - Freeway Chase

Here Pellegri joins the fight in E.S. Issachar and the party is rescued by Canaan in E.S. Asher. In the scene the Vessels of Anima paralize the two crafts.

Video-Xenosaga II - 08 - Rescued by Canaan

Here is the video of fight between E.S. Dinah and E.S. Dan

Video-Xenosaga II - 26 - KOS-MOS's Rescue

Another E.S., E.S. Judah, is stated to be able to use the UMN to cut throught ANY material.

In the ending of Episode II, chaos changes his physical form to that of Sakura and MOMO and penetrates the space time anomaly by himself (minute 5:42)

Video-Xenosaga II - 40 - The Eternal Chain

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by trexalfa
No, because Xenoblade doesn't belong to the same universe. The original name of the game was Monado and was only given a Xeno name for marketing purposes.

But Xenogears and Xenosaga don't belong to the same universe either.

trexalfa
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
But Xenogears and Xenosaga don't belong to the same universe either.

They do. The series was made to actually lead to a modified Xenogears. The core storyline would have remained the same with some alterations, like the names of the characters. F*cking Namco.

Zack Fair
Some vids would be nice? or links.

Source of all this info please?

Makes me want to read the kos-mos respect thread. **** i will do that now.

trexalfa
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Some vids would be nice? or links.

Source of all this info please?

Makes me want to read the kos-mos respect thread. **** i will do that now.

Sorry but the board won't let me post any links sad However I "posted" videos. You only have to copy-paste the video titles I wrote in Youtube search bar and there you got it.

I'll write this in the OP, all this info comes from the Xenoverse Canon sources:

Xenogears In-game Cutscenes
Xenogears: Perfect Works
Xenosaga Ep I In-game cutscenes
Xenosaga Ep II In-game cutscenes
Xenosaga Ep III In-game cutscenes
Xenosaga: Oficial Design Materials
Xenosaga Ep I-II DS
Xenosaga Ep II Terminology
Xenosaga Ep III Complete Guide: The Truth of Xenosaga
Xenosaga Ep III Perfect Guide.
Xenosaga: A Missing Year
Xenosaga: Pied Piper

stargun
Originally posted by trexalfa
They do. The series was made to actually lead to a modified Xenogears. The core storyline would have remained the same with some alterations, like the names of the characters. F*cking Namco. The fact Xenogears and Xenosaga are owned by different companies makes it impossible for them to belong in the same continuity, speaking from a official standpoint.

trexalfa
Originally posted by stargun
The fact Xenogears and Xenosaga are owned by different companies makes it impossible for them to belong in the same continuity, speaking from a official standpoint.

You said it, "from an official standpoint". Takahashi intended Xenosaga to be Xenogears Episode I as described in Perfect Works, and to lead to a refined version of Xenogears. This refined version of Xenogears won't lead to any copyright issues

stargun
But gaming IPs are generally owned by the companies that publishes them, not by the designers. The only way these two series could be merged would be if the higher ups at both Square and Namco agreed to do that.

trexalfa
But gaming IPs are generally owned by the companies that publishes them, not by the designers. The only way these two series could be merged would be if the higher ups at both Square and Namco agreed to do that.

Merging? Who talked about that? I'm saying that Xenosaga Episode IV and V would have Xenogears theme and a similar story, no identical. So they don't need Square permission for anything. Xenosaga Ep IV and V would have tried to be a "truer" version of Xenogears, as the original ended different from what Takahashi wanted, had a too pastoral feeling and he needed to correct some points that would have made the overall storyline inconsistent

stargun
Merging as in making them part of the same continuity/fictional universe. Had Tetsuya made a fourth instalment in the Xenosaga series with similar story to that of Xenogears it still wouldn't have anything to do with the latter which would of remained as a Square Enix property regardless.

trexalfa
Merging as in making them part of the same continuity/fictional universe. Had Tetsuya made a fourth instalment in the Xenosaga series with similar story to that of Xenogears it still wouldn't have anything to do with the latter which would of remained as a Square Enix property regardless.

Yeah, but in the thread I'm using Xenogears because there isn't going to be any Ep IV, so this is the best I can provide

stargun
I see, but to say they're officially part of the same story is incorrect.

trexalfa
I see, but to say they're officially part of the same story is incorrect.

Never said "officially". Well, It seems sometimes i'm no good at explaining things confused OFF Topic: Anybody knows how can I bypass the 15 minutes edit time limit??

trexalfa
Well I think I will finish with chaos so I can make another character.

Here E.S. Levi and the other E.S.s have a fight in space

Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYLaxnpkvGI&list=PL97D62C0EE5D682B2&index=14

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.