Rank'em!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Rank these superheroes in order from top to bottom with 1# being the most overall powerful...

If u can think of a Marvel hero that would fit obove or inbetween any of the ones I listed go ahead and rank him to if you wish..

Just try not to go above the tier I have on here this list plzsmile thanx

Gladiator
Super-Skrull
Ronan the Acusar
Silver Surfer
Thor
Black Bolt
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel
Hulk
Hyperion
Quasar
Dr.Strange
Monica Rambeau
Wonder Man
Cap.Univeres
Ms.Marvel
Namor

Digi
I left some out. Most because I don't know them well enough to make an informed placement. Hulk because I didn't want to field the replies for where I would have him.

This takes into account their actual showings, including CIS. I'm not just working with theoretical power sets:

Dr.Strange (classic, not current)
Thor
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Black Bolt
Gladiator
Ronan
Super-Skrull
Wonder Man
Ms.Marvel
Namor

A few are obviously quite close, and could flip-flop. Anyone quibbling over 1-2 slots is just being pedantic.

abhilegend
Genis>above anybody here.

pym-ftw
Thor
Surfer
Black Bolt
Hulk
Blue Marvel
Sentry
Beta Ray Bill
Hyperion
Dr. Strange
Gladiator
Quasar
--------mid-high herald line-----
Ronan
Super-Skrull
Monica Rambeau
Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Namor
Wonder Man
Ms.Marvel

Added Sentry, Scarlet Witch, & Iron Man

This imho excluding CU

janus77
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Hyperion
Thor
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Wonder Man
Black Bolt
Ronan the Acusar
Ms.Marvel
Super-Skrull
Namor
Dr.Strange

Monica Rambeau - dunno
Blue Marvel - dunno
Cap.Univeres - dunno

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by janus77
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Hyperion
Thor
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Wonder Man
Black Bolt
Ronan the Acusar
Ms.Marvel
Super-Skrull
Namor
Dr.Strange

Monica Rambeau - dunno
Blue Marvel - dunno
Cap.Univeres - dunno
How do you have Hype and Hulk > Thor? Hulk though a beast of a brick is essentially one dimensional and Hype has like one great outlier feat... embarrasment

Supermex
Originally posted by Supermex
Rank these superheroes in order from top to bottom with 1# being the most overall powerful...

If u can think of a Marvel hero that would fit obove or inbetween any of the ones I listed go ahead and rank him to if you wish..

Just try not to go above the tier I have on here this list plzsmile thanx

Here is my order

1.Silver Surfer
Thor
Dr.Strange
Blue Marvel
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator
Hyperion
Quasar
Black Bolt
Hulk
Ronan the Acusar
Super-Skrull
Monica Rambeau
Namor
Ms.Marvel
Wonder Man

Hulk was hard to place

I really had trouble in the middle of the order
With Ronan thru Monica plus Skrull...

Supermex
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Hyperion
Thor
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Wonder Man
Black Bolt
Ronan the Acusar
Ms.Marvel
Super-Skrull
Namor
Dr.Strange

Monica Rambeau - dunno
Blue Marvel - dunno
Cap.Univeres - dunno

You got Wonder Man pretty high..
Why u feel that ?

Digi
We can argue matchups, and how they might affect outcomes, but Surfer stated on panel that Thor possesses more power than him. Based on OPs stips, Thor > Surfer in this thread.

Why u feel that ?

On janus' list, only BB should definitely be higher. Otherwise, that could be the right place for Wonder Man. The rest are pretty close (Carol, Ronan, etc.)

janus77
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How do you have Hype and Hulk > Thor? Hulk though a beast of a brick is essentially one dimensional and Hype has like one great outlier feat... embarrasment
1) it's my opinion and 2) Hulk has never had a problem using his "one-dimensional" powers to steamroller Thor or any other herald (bar Surfer, who appears higher up than him).

As for Hyperion, I distinguish between the weaker Hyperions of the past and this one with one a handful of feats (all of which are pretty good and one of which is pretty insane).

As he stands, he's The Avengers' big flying brick, ahead of Thor.
Why u feel that ?
I think he's been shown to be pretty powerful but lacking in control over himself (making him vulnerable to dispersal and thus high herald energy and matter manipulators).

I doubt he'd be affected by Ronan, Skrull, Ms Marvel. And I think his other attributes and physical power would get him the win over BB.

Namor and Strange aren't really in the race, Strange because he's no longer got the mojo and Namor because his greatest super-power is in his speedos and it doesn't interest any of the others here (maybe Ms. Marvel).

celeyhyga17
1) it's my opinion and 2) Hulk has never had a problem using his "one-dimensional" powers to steamroller Thor or any other herald (bar Surfer, who appears higher up than him).

As for Hyperion, I distinguish between the weaker Hyperions of the past and this one with one a handful of feats (all of which are pretty good and one of which is pretty insane).

As he stands, he's The Avengers' big flying brick, ahead of Thor.
I know it's just an opinion, but that's why I asked.. To see why it was ure opinion.
Yes Thor does have a hard time against Hulk when he plays at his level. What do u think would happen to Surfer if he played at Hulk's level? Usually Surf employs other "tricks" instead of simple slugfests.

Btw how do u explain Thor's mastery over Surfer when taking their meetings into account.? Going by ure logic Thor > Surfer....... wink

janus77
I know it's just an opinion, but that's why I asked.. To see why it was ure opinion.
Yes Thor does have a hard time against Hulk when he plays at his level. What do u think would happen to Surfer if he played at Hulk's level? Usually Surf employs other "tricks" instead of simple slugfests.

Surfer's a hell of a lot more durable, imo. He's survived physical barrages from beings far far far far far far more powerful than Hulk, and when he has let Hulk punch away, he has not been at all affected by it.

Thor has little option but to fight The Hulk the way he does. None of Mjolnir's tricks would work on him (bar bfr) and he can't get range on Hulk because he's too fast and has reaction speeds sufficient to counter any range attacks that may occur.

Btw how do u explain Thor's mastery > Surfer overall? Going by ure logic Thor > Surfer....... wink
How do I explain your distorted view of events with respect to my logic? confused
Truly vexing challenge...

celeyhyga17
Surfer's a hell of a lot more durable, imo. He's survived physical barrages from beings far far far far far far more powerful than Hulk, and when he has let Hulk punch away, he has not been at all affected by it.

Thor has little option but to fight The Hulk the way he does. None of Mjolnir's tricks would work on him (bar bfr) and he can't get range on Hulk because he's too fast and has reaction speeds sufficient to counter any range attacks that may occur.
Eh? Extensive weather control to slow him down. Extensive range attacks, from lightning to god blast, extensive exotic attacks like soul suck... or a simple bfr from the get go.. maybe bfr into space.. evil face
How do I explain your distorted view of events with respect to my logic? confused
Explain my supposed distorted view of their meetings...

Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

janus77
Eh? Extensive weather control to slow him down. Extensive range attacks, from lightning to god blast, extensive exotic attacks like soul suck... or a simple bfr form the get go.. maybe bfr into space.. evil face
The weather attacks aren't going to do anything and he can easily thunderclap them away (including the vortexes), this isn't Savage Hulk who had to really get mad before he was ploughing through that stuff.

BFR would work, if 1) Thor could pull it off without Hulk grabbing him when he bullrushes and 2) If Hulk just stood there and waited for Thor to open a portal or what have you.

Explain my supposed distorted view of their meetings...
I can't explain your distorted view, I can only offer my sympathies laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Zack Fair
LOL this guy

celeyhyga17
The weather attacks aren't going to do anything and he can easily thunderclap them away (including the vortexes), this isn't Savage Hulk who had to really get mad before he was ploughing through that stuff.
BFR would work, if 1) Thor could pull it off without Hulk grabbing him when he bullrushes and 2) If Hulk just stood there and waited for Thor to open a portal or what have you.
How Thor will not be able to pull off any of his ranged or exotics if Hulk doesn't let him is beyond me... You do know how fast Thor can bfr someone right..?
This is really Thor's fight to lose... Sorry..

I can't explain your distorted view, I can only offer my sympathies laughing
As I you....

janus77
How Thor will not be able to pull off any of his ranged or exotics if Hulk doesn't let him is beyond me... You do know how fast Thor can bfr someone right..?

Thor's never managed to bfr Hulk in the past and Hulk's always been fast enough to put Thor on the backfoot. So I guess the question is, do you know how fast The Hulk is? Because all evidence between them, points to him being too fast for Thor to get distance/time for range attacks.

We could turn this around and say, what if Hulk decided to kill Thor, what if he upped the juice, it's not as if he doesn't have the power and his attacks have an AoE that is at its most modest, planet-sized.

There's more reason to say that Marvel write-down Hulk, when he fights Thor, because they don't want to 1) destroy the planet and 2) kill Thor.

Both would be eventualities with a probability approaching certitude if Hulk was serious.

This is really Thor's fight to lose... Sorry..
Well then, I guess he loves to lose, because Hulk always dominates and as time's gone by, the domination's just gotten more and more glaring.

As I you....
Well, you're the one lumbered with the delusions, I guess whatever gets you through the day ... confused

JakeTheBank
...I am not sure how one could write off Thor's "weather" attacks and other abilities as being ineffective against the Hulk when you look at the beings he's clearly been able to phuck up with them.

Unless you think Hulk is > all those beings or you don't believe those showings exist.

I mean, yeah, bare fisted punches and Mjolnir strikes are one thing. But Thor's higher scope powers and abilities?

Endless Mike
1. Strange
2. Surfer
3. Thor/Bill (tie)
4. Glads
5. Hyperion
6. Blue Marvel
7. Black Bolt
8. Quasar
9. Hulk
10. Ronan
11. Wonder Man
12. Monica
13. Ms. Marvel
14. Namor
15. Kl'rt

Captain Universe varies by its wielder. You should also include Hercules, who I'd put around 10.5

Rage.Of.Olympus
Dr.Strange (With all his magical artifacts)
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk (Potentially higher)
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel
Hyperion
Gladiator
Black Bolt (Higher if you consider the full scream)
Quasar
Ronan
Wonder Man
Namor
Super-Skrull
Ms. Marvel (She can go much higher up the list when she absorbs energy or taps into the White Hole of another Universe)

Not comfortable with some placements but whatever.

Branlor Swift
Thor/Silver Surfer
Hulk/Beta Ray Bill/Current Hype
Dr Strange (potentially lower)
Black Bolt
Blue Marvel
Gladiator
Quasar

The rest are irrelevant, though current Cap Universe will prob be the most powerful. The others were around Quasar level.

carver9
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Hyperion
Thor
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Wonder Man
Black Bolt
Ronan the Acusar
Ms.Marvel
Super-Skrull
Namor
Dr.Strange

Monica Rambeau - dunno
Blue Marvel - dunno
Cap.Univeres - dunno

This with minor changes. By the way, Hulk has worked Surfer on more than on occasion in latest comics. In the past, yes, Surfer had an advantage but those days are gone.

Hyperion has consistently been showing high Herald and trans level power. I would put him above Surfer as well.

Zack Fair
Hyperion(current)
Hulk

yawn

Surfer
Thor

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
This with minor changes. By the way, Hulk has worked Surfer on more than on occasion in latest comics. Not really no

Supermex
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Not really no

I agree with you on this. .

dmills
Thor's never managed to bfr Hulk in the past and Hulk's always been fast enough to put Thor on the backfoot. So I guess the question is, do you know how fast The Hulk is? Because all evidence between them, points to him being too fast for Thor to get distance/time for range attacks.

Cue scans of Thor dancing circles around an angry Hulk...

Raisen
Janus, you're right. every one of these guys that are questioning you are Thor bags, extreme Thor bags. Don't get too far into it tho, this bickering is for children and lames.

deathlife
Dr.Strange (With all his magical artifacts)
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk (Potentially higher)
Beta Ray Bill
Hyperion
Blue Marvel
Gladiator
Black Bolt (Higher if you consider the full scream)
Quasar
Ronan
Wonder Man
Namor
Ms. Marvel
Super-Skrull

Nibedicus
Strange (classic)
Thor/Surfer
Hulk/Hyperion
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel/Gladiator
Black Bolt
Quasar
Ronan
Super Skrull
Wonder Man
Ms. Marvel
Namor

LordofBrooklyn
1) Captain Universe- Unlimited power to deal with any threat. Per plot device this has to be at the top.

2) Dr. Strange- Described as a "God" and under Englehart lives up to the billing.

3) Hyperion(Current)- I've seen enough to put him at the top of the herald tier. Come at me unwashed heretics.

4) Silver Surfer- As always limited by his personality.

5) Blue Marvel- Yes, yes, rage all you want but his showings justify this placement.

6) Thor- The Odinson could be anywhere from 3-5 BUT as the King of Canon I expect you to respect my authority and agree with the placement.

7) Beta Ray Bill- The horse-face is exactly where he belongs.

8) Black Bolt- This is about right for Boltagon.

9) Gladiator- I don't see Gladiator above this point in any matchup with the above heroes.

10) Hulk- Bring your rage but this is exactly where Banner belongs.

11) Quasar- Wendell misses the top 10 but there is no shame in that.

12) Monica Rambeau- Easily one of the most underrated and misused characters.

13) Super Skrull- This is tight but right.

14) Ms. Marvel- Carol has had several upgrades but I think this is fair.

15) Wonder Man- I feel Simon should be higher. I may come back to this.

16) Namor- You have potential but you have to try harder.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Raisen
Janus, you're right. every one of these guys that are questioning you are Thor bags, extreme Thor bags. Don't get too far into it tho, this bickering is for children and lames.

lol?

Supermex
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1) Captain Universe- Unlimited power to deal with any threat. Per plot device this has to be at the top.

2) Dr. Strange- Described as a "God" and under Englehart lives up to the billing.

3) Hyperion(Current)- I've seen enough to put him at the top of the herald tier. Come at me unwashed heretics.

4) Silver Surfer- As always limited by his personality.

5) Blue Marvel- Yes, yes, rage all you want but his showings justify this placement.

6) Thor- The Odinson could be anywhere from 3-5 BUT as the King of Canon I expect you to respect my authority and agree with the placement.

7) Beta Ray Bill- The horse-face is exactly where he belongs.

8) Black Bolt- This is about right for Boltagon.

9) Gladiator- I don't see Gladiator above this point in any matchup with the above heroes.

10) Hulk- Bring your rage but this is exactly where Banner belongs.

11) Quasar- Wendell misses the top 10 but there is no shame in that.

12) Monica Rambeau- Easily one of the most underrated and misused characters.

13) Super Skrull- This is tight but right.

14) Ms. Marvel- Carol has had several upgrades but I think this is fair.

15) Wonder Man- I feel Simon should be higher. I may come back to this.

16) Namor- You have potential but you have to try harder.

I don't agree with some, but great job breaking it down..

Supermex
Is there any superheroes in Marvel you that should on this list that were forgetting that also in the same tier?

dmills
Black bolt's placement in most list's is laughably low... Only Branflakes came close to being correct.

LordofBrooklyn
Is there any superheroes in Marvel you that should on this list that were forgetting that also in the same tier?

Sentry but we don't know what he is returning as.

dmills

Richard Rider
Ronan
Gilgamesh

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by dmills
Black bolt's placement in most list's is laughably low... Only Branflakes came close to being correct.

Boltagon is ranked 8 on my list and my reasoning is infallible.

dmills
Boltagon is ranked 8 on my list and my reasoning is infallible.

If by that you mean infallibly fallible, then sure...

Sentry is coming back?

janus77
Well he is laughable... shame he can't laugh at himself. You'd think the tuning fork on his head would get a laugh or two from his queen.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
...I am not sure how one could write off Thor's "weather" attacks and other abilities as being ineffective against the Hulk when you look at the beings he's clearly been able to phuck up with them.

Unless you think Hulk is > all those beings or you don't believe those showings exist.

I mean, yeah, bare fisted punches and Mjolnir strikes are one thing. But Thor's higher scope powers and abilities?

When Hulk is being ridiculous then I'll say at that particular moment Hulk>>>>Those beings. But on average of course not.

Branlor Swift
Black bolt's placement in most list's is laughably low... Only Branflakes came close to being correct. I'm pretty much a genius though.

Although if I had to explain myself, it'd be that Beta is so close to Thor that he pretty much is Thor. He just lacks the showings.
Hype and Hulk are equal in raw power, Hype just lacks showings again.
Black Bolt is below Strange because I see that as quite the test for him due to Strange's versatility. Though it's not hard to see him blow him out of the water, it's not hard to see counters to his voice either. Though Bolt belongs on the Hulk tier. It's just that Strange holds that back.
And seeing as Hulk has treated Strange poorly about as much as Strange has, he belongs at their level. Which we lack the necessary showings to put Bolt on that level above him, and by that I mean a fight.

Beta has straight on beat the Christ out of Dr Strange, so there's no way I'm putting Strange above him. I can't see him accomplishing much against Hyperion either.

The other flying bricks lack the feats, or in Gladiator's case, has feats that hold him back (though he is very powerful).

And none of these guys are beating Surfer/Thor for the majority, so they belong at the top.

Also lol at seeing people put Strange with all his artifacts at the top. Yes he can bring all his artifacts to battle, but it's not like that's foreign to say Thor either. If we're playing the prep angle, then I don't see why Thor isn't at the top. The guy's got a Celestial killing axe, and can instantly become twice as strong, among others including Odin Sword, special armor, etc.

JakeTheBank
Bran with the words of truth.

Supermex
Sentry but we don't know what he is returning as.

Could Sentry be back maybe for the last stand vs Thanos in the up coming Infinity stoy arch?

Branlor Swift
Could Sentry be back maybe for the last stand vs Thanos in the up coming Infinity stoy arch? That'd be God awful, and wouldn't make a lick of sense. Although Thanos doesn't seem like the immediate threat anyway. He'll probably team up with the heroes in some way.

But Sentry is about to fight Thor. Even though he's powered up by the Life Seed and the Death Seed. Which by all rights should have him obliterate Thor.
And it will be hilarious if Thor even stands against him, let alone wins.

dmills
Well he is laughable... shame he can't laugh at himself. You'd think the tuning fork on his head would get a laugh or two from his queen.

laughing out loud

Anytime you want to compare direct showings with the Hulk, let me know...

dmills
Bran with the words of truth.

With surprising regularity unfortunately. But, it's needed here as it shouldn't have to come from a mod all of the time. We need at least 3-4 guys that are fairly well versed in material from the major comic universes, ready to quell bullshit on a moment's notice.

h1a8
Strange (classic)
Gladiator (did a lot better against Tyrant than Bill and better against P5 Cyke)
Surfer
Beta Ray Bill/Thor/Hulk(potentially higher)

Branlor Swift
With surprising regularity unfortunately. But, it's needed here as it shouldn't have to come from a mod all of the time. We need at least 3-4 guys that are fairly well versed in material from the major comic universes, ready to quell bullshit on a moment's notice. Originally posted by h1a8
Strange (classic)
Gladiator (did a lot better against Tyrant than Bill and better against P5 Cyke)
Surfer

Your wish is granted

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
Strange (classic)
Surfer
http://generatormeme.com/media/created/g9pepl.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
If by that you mean infallibly fallible, then sure...

Sentry is coming back?

First, have a care how you speak to the King of canon.

Boltagon is clearly number 8. I'll take on anyone who wants to argue otherwise.

The Sentry is on his way back soon. I believe this month or next.

When are we going to see your list.

LordofBrooklyn
I'm pretty much a genius though.

Beta has straight on beat the Christ out of Dr Strange, so there's no way I'm putting Strange above him. I can't see him accomplishing much against Hyperion either.

Also lol at seeing people put Strange with all his artifacts at the top. Yes he can bring all his artifacts to battle, but it's not like that's foreign to say Thor either. If we're playing the prep angle, then I don't see why Thor isn't at the top. The guy's got a Celestial killing axe, and can instantly become twice as strong, among others including Odin Sword, special armor, etc.

Strange doesn't need artifacts to deal with anyone listed here. Oustide of the abomination that has been the last decade of Strange, particularly under Bendis, the character is a cler tier above the others.

There are enough feats in the Englehart run to establish this. Thor along with one of the strongest Avengers team admitted defeat to Strange before the fight even started.

Dr. Strange handles everyone here with no prep or artifacts needed.

Branlor Swift
Strange doesn't need artifacts to deal with anyone listed here. Oustide of the abomination that has been the last decade of Strange, particularly under Bendis, the character is a cler tier above the others.

There are enough feats in the Englehart run to establish this. Thor along with one of the strongest Avengers team admitted defeat to Strange before the fight even started.

Dr. Strange handles everyone here with no prep or artifacts needed. Um no.
If I was talking about Current Strange I'd say it.

So what happened during this run that astounds you in such a way that Thor would have no chance? And if we choose a run where Strange is constantly KO'ed by random shit far below beings here, then why wouldn't we focus on single runs for other characters? You want to match E-Strange up with Fraction Thor and see how that turns out?
And that's stupidly out of character if accurate. But I'd like to see the scan of Thor admitting defeat.

Hulk, Namor, a weaker fake Zombie Surfer have rendered him unconscious. Quasar beat him when he (Q) had the Serpent Crown and Quasar is weak to magic.
And this:
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=08rx7.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09ad3.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11gq4.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12hw0.jpg

Strange is not clearly a tier above Thor. In fact, Thor would be a nightmare match for Strange (among others here). A 'slow' human opponent with shields who uses attacks he should be able to absorb/deflect, and who's shields can and would be broken by Thor's attacks?

JakeTheBank
Um no.

So what happened during this run that astounds you in such a way that Thor would have no chance? And if we choose a run where Strange is constantly KO'ed by random shit far below beings here, then why wouldn't we focus on single runs for other characters? You want to match E-Strange up with Fraction Thor and see how that turns out?
And that's stupidly out of character if accurate. But I'd like to see the scan of Thor admitting defeat.

Hulk, Namor, a weaker fake Zombie Surfer have rendered him unconscious. Quasar beat him when he (Q) had the Serpent Crown and Quasar is weak to magic.
And this:

Strange is not clearly a tier above Thor. In fact, Thor would be a nightmare match for Strange (among others here). A 'slow' human opponent with shields who uses attacks he should be able to absorb/deflect, and who's shields can and would be broken by Thor's attacks?

I can't thumb up this enough, but Bran's one guy on the forum whom I absolutely agree with when it comes to Dr. Strange. I mean, hell, we JUST recently had to demote him from Trans tier to High Herald, which by all rights, he never should have been placed with at the beginning.

Strange is a powerful dude, no doubt about it, but by god, a lot of the showings that people throw out to justify him being beyond guys like Surfer and Thor are either cropped conveniently, have important context missing, prepped, or just wildly misrepresented. His highs are great (just like any other high herald) and his average and low end feats are to be expected from his tier.

Honestly, Dr. Strange is the one character that needs to be "mythbusted" the most. Not because I hate the character, because I don't, but rather because there's just a lot of misrepresentation on his behalf that it warps the character to the point where some people legitimately think he's (at Classic levels) is operating most of the time on a level where he could instantly own guys like Thor and Surfer with a thought.

He's a glass cannon, arguably one of the most powerful in comics, admittedly.

LordofBrooklyn
Um no.

And this:

Strange has auto-shields that should hold up against any initial speedblitz. That leaves his speed out of the equation.Then he has the chance to cast spells and put up shields simultaneously.

A being that has taken on trans and even abstract beings and won can definitely handle Thor and the rest.

The scan of Thor admiting defeat is in the Dr. Strange respect thread but it seems to be broken.

Branlor Swift
Strange has auto-shields that should hold up against any initial speedblitz. That leaves his speed out of the equation.Then he has the chance to cast spells and put up shields simultaneously.

A being that has taken on trans and even abstract beings and won can definitely handle Thor and the rest.

The scan of Thor admiting defeat is in the Dr. Strange respect thread but it seems to be broken. His regular shields have failed against beings less than Thor. His auto shields have been depicted like a 100th of the time that they haven't. And if we assume they're always active, then they've failed to protect him from getting KO'ed by the Whizzer...

Yes, because Thor has never done the same, but without plot devices. Although IB literally toyed with Dr Strange until a hell of a lot of help intervened, and he only went down because Order and Chaos were pissed at him at the time. And Death was just being Death the second time because of the first time when Dr Strange had the help of Eternity where she couldn't claim his soul. Old Dormammu is probably his most consistent feat, and Dormammu is anything but consistent (cue most recent appearance)
What abstracts and trans has he held his own against though?

Better question, what herald level beings has he owned?

Issue then.

LordofBrooklyn
I can't thumb up this enough, but Bran's one guy on the forum whom I absolutely agree with when it comes to Dr. Strange. I mean, hell, we JUST recently had to demote him from Trans tier to High Herald, which by all rights, he never should have been placed with at the beginning.

Strange is a powerful dude, no doubt about it, but by god, a lot of the showings that people throw out to justify him being beyond guys like Surfer and Thor are either cropped conveniently, have important context missing, prepped, or just wildly misrepresented. His highs are great (just like any other high herald) and his average and low end feats are to be expected from his tier.

Honestly, Dr. Strange is the one character that needs to be "mythbusted" the most. Not because I hate the character, because I don't, but rather because there's just a lot of misrepresentation on his behalf that it warps the character to the point where some people legitimately think he's (at Classic levels) is operating most of the time on a level where he could instantly own guys like Thor and Surfer with a thought.

He's a glass cannon, arguably one of the most powerful in comics, admittedly.

"Mythbusted", please.

Strange has routinely shown immense power and versatility in a myriad of situations to justify my ranking of him.

He has auto-shields for defense against speedblitz. He has the ability to negate almost every attack. His level of power has been trans often enough to characterize him at that level.

If you voted him down from that tier I demand a recount!

LordofBrooklyn
His regular shields have failed against beings less than Thor. His auto shields have been depicted like a 100th of the time that they haven't. And if we assume they're always active, then they've failed to protect him from getting KO'ed by the Whizzer...

Yes, because Thor has never done the same, but without plot devices. Although IB literally toyed with Dr Strange until a hell of a lot of help intervened, and he only went down because Order and Chaos were pissed at him at the time. And Death was just being Death the second time because of the first time when Dr Strange had the help of Eternity where she couldn't claim his soul. Old Dormammu is probably his most consistent feat, and Dormammu is anything but consistent (cue most recent appearance)
What abstracts and trans has he held his own against though?

Issue then.

Galactus and Adam Warlock with the I.G. are pure feats.

Taking Dormmamu out of the equation is a bit convenient.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor got knocked out by a masthead and outwrestled by a security guard. There are low showings for all characters.

JakeTheBank
"Mythbusted", please.

Strange has routinely shown immense power and versatility in a myriad of situations to justify my ranking of him.

He has auto-shields for defense against speedblitz. He has the ability to negate almost every attack. His level of power has been trans often enough to characterize him at that level.

If you voted him down from that tier I demand a recount!

It's absolutely true. Strange is probably the character whose actual feats and showings get twisted the absolute most out of any character on KMC, and for the most part, it's not even out of malicious intent or just hatred of other characters or to serve some agenda. It's honest to goodness "innocent" ignorance like 90% of the time. But because his feats and showings have been misrepresented for so long, people legitimately think Strange is a Trans tier - if not higher - being who is significantly beyond the likes of Thor and Surfer which is simply not true at all. Heck, I used to think the same damn thing about Classic Strange until I started to read the comics and do some independent research. He's high herald with high end feats that push him beyond that (just like Thor and Surfer).

He's shown enough consistently to be on the same level as Thor and Surfer. Putting him beyond them is stupid seeing as they both have stupid ass feats, often without plot device or prep time or specific context.

That's not true. You'd literally have to ignore all his low, middle, and even upper tiered feats barring the most extreme ones to get to that conclusion of him "consistently" being trans tiered.

I motioned the movement and it got enough traction by plenty of regular posters (of various dispositions and preferences to feats and characters) to agree to demoting him. Tbh, I think it was the most popular vote in terms of how many people agreed with it.

JakeTheBank

Taking Dormmamu out of the equation is a bit convenient.

Galactus has been taken to task briefly by other high heralds.

Warlock with the IG isn't even a feat for Strange considering Warlock while holding back was kicking his phucking ass. That's one of the feats that's been warped the hell out of to push Strange. Warlock attacked him with each gem seperately and Strange was outclassed through and through.

JakeTheBank
Thor got knocked out by a masthead and outwrestled by a security guard. There are low showings for all characters.

Those are outright PIS, not low showings.

LordofBrooklyn
When has the Odinson taken down abstracts and Trans level characters "Without" plot devices.

Every big moment I remember has him lasting longer than he should but nothing that puts him above Strange.

JakeTheBank
When has the Odinson taken down abstracts and Trans level characters "Without" plot devices.

Every big moment I remember has him lasting longer than he should but nothing that puts him above Strange.

Through out his career. One of his recurring foes is a galaxy buster normally on par with Odin with the ability to go beyond him and Thor habitually puts a hurting on him more so than he's no sold.

LordofBrooklyn
It's absolutely true. Strange is probably the character whose actual feats and showings get twisted the absolute most out of any character on KMC, and for the most part, it's not even out of malicious intent or just hatred of other characters or to serve some agenda. It's honest to goodness "innocent" ignorance like 90% of the time. But because his feats and showings have been misrepresented for so long, people legitimately think Strange is a Trans tier - if not higher - being who is significantly beyond the likes of Thor and Surfer which is simply not true at all. Heck, I used to think the same damn thing about Classic Strange until I started to read the comics and do some independent research. He's high herald with high end feats that push him beyond that (just like Thor and Surfer).

He's shown enough consistently to be on the same level as Thor and Surfer. Putting him beyond them is stupid seeing as they both have stupid ass feats, often without plot device or prep time or specific context.

That's not true. You'd literally have to ignore all his low, middle, and even upper tiered feats barring the most extreme ones to get to that conclusion of him "consistently" being trans tiered.

I motioned the movement and it got enough traction by plenty of regular posters (of various dispositions and preferences to feats and characters) to agree to demoting him. Tbh, I think it was the most popular vote in terms of how many people agreed with it.

So basically YOU are responsible for this slander against Dr. Strange.

mad

JakeTheBank
So basically YOU are responsible for this slander against Dr. Strange.

mad

Truth be told, it wasn't until Bran actually posted full scenes from comics and provided issue numbers that I was motivated to look into the good doctor myself.

Branlor Swift

Taking Dormmamu out of the equation is a bit convenient. Galactus wasn't even trying, and Strange accomplished nothing except the equivalent of hiding.

Warlock was only using one gem at a time, and Strange was using every artifact he had.

I'm not taking him out, I'm saying he's inconsistent as all hell. He varies from suiciding himself and Eternity to getting very damaged by Cyclops.

Again, what herald level characters has Strange beaten? I'll give you Hulk. Your turn.

Thor got knocked out by a masthead and outwrestled by a security guard. There are low showings for all characters. And what do we call lows for a character who has human level durability?

Plantman knocking him out?

Supermex
I got this order...

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Dr.Strange

Branlor Swift
Strange has high feats just like Thor and Surfer's. As numerous? Maybe, maybe not.

But Strange also has the absolute lowest feats you can imagine, and they far outnumber Thor/Surfer low feats. Strange's shields have failed against beings lower than Surfer and Thor numerous times, and there's a possibility you can count the times they've succeeded against beings higher than a Thor on your hands (hand). And unlike Thor and Surfer, Strange lacks the actual feats against people on a Thor/Surfer level.

But he's clearly a tier higher. I don't much get that.

Tar-Antado
I got this order...

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Dr.Strange

Pretty much. thumb up

abhilegend
Strange is absolutely not above people like Thor/Surfer/Superman. His low showings are outright laughable and his high showings have often context to them or are just distorted like the one in his respect thread where words were literally edited out of the scan.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2254/bubbleqt3.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/DrStrangeSorcerersupre37-20.jpg

no expression

LordofBrooklyn
So when beings like Eternity and The Watcher describe Strange's power that should be dismissed?

The Shuma Gorath fights are great showings overall and Gorath is giveing Thor hell if they fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Strange has high feats just like Thor and Surfer's. As numerous? Maybe, maybe not.

But Strange also has the absolute lowest feats you can imagine, and they far outnumber Thor/Surfer low feats. Strange's shields have failed against beings lower than Surfer and Thor numerous times, and there's a possibility you can count the times they've succeeded against beings higher than a Thor on your hands (hand). And unlike Thor and Surfer, Strange lacks the actual feats against people on a Thor/Surfer level.

But he's clearly a tier higher. I don't much get that.

Strange has feats against people above Thor and Surfer but it depends on accepting the characterization of those characters. Routinely, there are some, ancient, mystical, immensely powerful beings on par with (Insert recognizeable high herald/trans character name) Strange beats them and they never appear again.

When this takes place for scores of issues at some point he should be given credit for it.

Branlor Swift
So when beings like Eternity and The Watcher describe Strange's power that should be dismissed?

The Shuma Gorath fights are great showings overall and Gorath is giveing Thor hell if they fight. What did they say?

And there's a shit ton of context to them. Like Strange using infinite power for one...

Strange has feats against people above Thor and Surfer but it depends on accepting the characterization of those characters. Routinely, there are some, ancient, mystical, immensely powerful beings on par with (Insert recognizeable high herald/trans character name) Strange beats them and they never appear again.

When this takes place for scores of issues at some point he should be given credit for it. Who are these characters. What have they done?

And that is in no way different than any other character here.

Better question, how does this put him at a tier above Thor/Surfer?

LordofBrooklyn
What did they say?

And there's a shit ton of context to them. Like Strange using infinite power for one...

Who are these characters. What have they done?

And that is in no way different than any other character here.

Better question, how does this put him at a tier above Thor/Surfer?

Strange is probably the most powerful psionic in the Marvel universe. Surfer and Thor are susceptible to mind control.

His versatility exceeds that of Mjolnir and is at least on par with the power cosmic. The magic absorption feats should diminish Mjolnir greatly.

Strange has greater knowledge of the universe than Thor and Surfer and can exploit that to has advantage over them.

LordofBrooklyn
You, false savior of the House of El.

Please provide your list.

abhilegend
Strange isn't the most powerful psionic in MU. That's pure BS. Moondragon fought him to a double KO in psychic fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by abhilegend
Strange isn't the most powerful psionic in MU. That's pure BS. Moondragon fought him to a double KO in psychic fight.

He matched her with the Mind Gem.

How is that pure BS?

Branlor Swift
Strange is probably the most powerful psionic in the Marvel universe. Surfer and Thor are susceptible to mind control.

His versatility exceeds that of Mjolnir and is at least on par with the power cosmic. The magic absorption feats should diminish Mjolnir greatly.

Strange has greater knowledge of the universe than Thor and Surfer and can exploit that to has advantage over them. I'll take you ignoring every question poised towards you as an inability to answer.

But... no he isn't. The guy was mental blocked from using his powers by Xemnu.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wfpuhh.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/anejiq.jpg

No it doesn't. Mjolnir and Surfer can pretty much do anything.
And Mjolnir can absorb magic too, so... that.
And he is not absorbing the magic from Mjolnir, that's insane.

Good for him. Thor and Surfer have greater knowledge of not having human durability and can exploit that over him.

JakeTheBank
Good for him. Thor and Surfer have greater knowledge of not having human durability and can exploit that over him.

laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
I'll take you ignoring every question poised towards you as an inability to answer.

But... no he isn't. The guy was mental blocked from using his powers by Xemnu.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wfpuhh.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/anejiq.jpg

No it doesn't. Mjolnir and Surfer can pretty much do anything.
And Mjolnir can absorb magic too, so... that.
And he is not absorbing the magic from Mjolnir, that's insane.

Ignoring what questions?

You mean the ones where you pre-emptively dismiss the answers.

Dormmamu, throw it out. Death, nah, that was Death-lite. Galactus, meh, everyone beats Galactus.

Strange has shown more than enough durability to last long enough to defeat Thor and Surfer. If he can take a punch from the Juggernaut, he can take it from these two.

The nature of Dr. Strange doesn't lend to the crossover of fisticuffs and energy blasts. One in fairness has to allow for cosmic/alien/mage character of immense power going against Strange who may not become a mainstay.

Strange has mastered all forms of known magic, why wouldn't he be able to drain Mjolnir?

LordofBrooklyn
laughing out loud

Takes Thor to dimension X and strips him of Mjolnir.

The end.

Where is your list?

JakeTheBank
Takes Thor to dimension X and strips him of Mjolnir.

The end.

Where is your list?

How the hell is Strange going to BFR Thor and strip him of Mjolnir?

Legit question. Consider that Strange needed the power of Earth's pantheons of skyfather instilled in an amulet just to depower King Thor and has been shaken notably by the power of Thor's immortal soul and got outclassed horribly by Loki (pre Sorcerer Supreme, tbf) and Strange as it pertains to Asgardian power doesn't look the best.

What feats of Stephen's suggest he could do shit to Mjolnir?

Branlor Swift
Ignoring what questions?

You mean the ones where you pre-emptively dismiss the answers.

Dormmamu, throw it out. Death, nah, that was Death-lite. Galactus, meh, everyone beats Galactus.

Strange has shown more than enough durability to last long enough to defeat Thor and Surfer. If he can take a punch from the Juggernaut, he can take it from these two.

The nature of Dr. Strange doesn't lend to the crossover of fisticuffs and energy blasts. One in fairness has to allow for cosmic/alien/mage character of immense power going against Strange who may not become a mainstay.

Strange has mastered all forms of known magic, why wouldn't he be able to drain Mjolnir? The one's that you've constantly ignored. I've asked for feats, issue numbers, what these random characters have done, etc.
Ignored. You haven't specifically mentioned anything as to why Strange is a tier above them. All you've done is talk about his powers (of which you haven't pointed to anything from anywhere in particular).

I never threw out Dormammu. In fact I brought it up. The fact is that he is severely inconsistent though. And it's not like Thor hasn't kicked the shit out of Surtur before anyway.

Death couldn't even take Dr Strange because of an earlier encounter where he was protected by Eternity. Yes, Death-lite, great knowledge there.

Did you even look at the Galactus encounter (...s, since you haven't stated any context of the one you were using)? One was where the only attack Galactus actually used was called minuscule and he threw a building at Strange...
And Strange accomplished nothing but really hiding, that ended with Galactus knocking him out with images.
And the other was Galactus on the verge of death being overwhelmed by images where Dr Strange did none of the fighting to whittle him down.

He almost got his back broken by Juggernaut though with one hit...

And Strange wouldn't be dictating the battle since he'd have to hide behind a shield to last long enough to accomplish anything. Of which they can shatter.

Uh, because no one outside Odin has. Strange's superior in Loki has failed to accomplish anything against Mjolnir when almost his entire mission is to take Mjolnir.
And yes, Loki at half power has embarrassed Strange, albeit a pre SS Strange.
The only one who has ever been shown to just turn off the enchantment is Odin. Not Zeus, not Mephisto, not Strange.

But you can go ahead and prove Strange could begin to with the feats you're about to bring up.

abhilegend
He matched her with the Mind Gem.

How is that pure BS?
Without the mind gem.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Strange (classic)
Thor/Surfer
Hulk/Hyperion
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel/Gladiator
Black Bolt
Quasar
Ronan
Super Skrull
Wonder Man
Ms. Marvel
Namor

When I considered the ranking in this thread, I felt that, by its literal definition, it isn't about "who can beat who" but on "who is the most poweful". Meaning the factor of speed and durability (due to durability being a reactive ability and speed being less of a factor in one-ofs show of power) isn't as important (they matter, but not as much) as strength/power output/versatility and the use of "averages" (where we have to consider the fact that a lot of the chars in question tend to hold back a lot) is less important than determining via "high feats" just how much power each character can potentially generate at their peak performance via quantifiable "feats".

Tho, TBH, I ranked Strange so high due to his implied power and partly due to (perhaps a misled perception on) how we was portrayed in his Respect thread. Placing Thor/Surfer equally just below him due to the two having some of the highest and most consistent displays of "high feats". Placed Hulk/Hyperion below them due to the two being peers in power to Thor/Surfer but lacks the versatility to be their equals. Placed BRB below those due to BRB being portrayed as just less powerful than Thor and lacks his versatility as well. Placed BM/Glads due to the power output they have shown nearly equal to BRB's but I just see BRB as a bit higher than them. BB was hard to place due to his "implied power" being way up there but for all the hype writers tend to give his abilities, he's really (IIRC) never shown any power output via his quantifiable "feats" that place him any higher than BM/Glads (and he doesn't have their durability). The rest should be self explanatory.

smile

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
http://generatormeme.com/media/created/g9pepl.jpg

Serious as a heartattack. If you have a problem with the ranking them just ask why I rank X over Y or something along those lines.

LordofBrooklyn
How the hell is Strange going to BFR Thor and strip him of Mjolnir?

Legit question. Consider that Strange needed the power of Earth's pantheons of skyfather instilled in an amulet just to depower King Thor and has been shaken notably by the power of Thor's immortal soul and got outclassed horribly by Loki (pre Sorcerer Supreme, tbf) and Strange as it pertains to Asgardian power doesn't look the best.

What feats of Stephen's suggest he could do shit to Mjolnir?

Dr. Strange has gone into other realms and dominated the rulers of those areas, Mephisto, Dormammu, Death. Thor's ability to compensate with Strange depends on Mjolnir, while the hammer can tranverse dimensions to get back to him it will be too late.

People have simply knocked Mjolnir out of Thor's hand. Why is Thor being separated from the hammer inconceivable now.

Dr. Strange absorbed all the magic from an entire planet. That suggests he has the ability to at least stalemate Mjolnir long enough to defeat Thor.

Now, How does Thor overcome the psychic attacks from Strange?

LordofBrooklyn
The one's that you've constantly ignored. I've asked for feats, issue numbers, what these random characters have done, etc.
Ignored. You haven't specifically mentioned anything as to why Strange is a tier above them. All you've done is talk about his powers (of which you haven't pointed to anything from anywhere in particular).

I never threw out Dormammu. In fact I brought it up. The fact is that he is severely inconsistent though. And it's not like Thor hasn't kicked the shit out of Surtur before anyway.

Death couldn't even take Dr Strange because of an earlier encounter where he was protected by Eternity. Yes, Death-lite, great knowledge there.

Did you even look at the Galactus encounter (...s, since you haven't stated any context of the one you were using)? One was where the only attack Galactus actually used was called minuscule and he threw a building at Strange...
And Strange accomplished nothing but really hiding, that ended with Galactus knocking him out with images.
And the other was Galactus on the verge of death being overwhelmed by images where Dr Strange did none of the fighting to whittle him down.

He almost got his back broken by Juggernaut though with one hit...

And Strange wouldn't be dictating the battle since he'd have to hide behind a shield to last long enough to accomplish anything. Of which they can shatter.

Uh, because no one outside Odin has. Strange's superior in Loki has failed to accomplish anything against Mjolnir when almost his entire mission is to take Mjolnir.
And yes, Loki at half power has embarrassed Strange, albeit a pre SS Strange.
The only one who has ever been shown to just turn off the enchantment is Odin. Not Zeus, not Mephisto, not Strange.

But you can go ahead and prove Strange could begin to with the feats you're about to bring up.

The feats are coming but I want to read the stories to prevent any openings for criticism i.e. outside amp, PIS, weakened opponents etc.

In the meantime please tell me how Thor counters Strange's psychic attacks.

JakeTheBank
Dr. Strange has gone into other realms and dominated the rulers of those areas, Mephisto, Dormammu, Death. Thor's ability to compensate with Strange depends on Mjolnir, while the hammer can tranverse dimensions to get back to him it will be too late.

People have simply knocked Mjolnir out of Thor's hand. Why is Thor being separated from the hammer inconceivable now.

Dr. Strange absorbed all the magic from an entire planet. That suggests he has the ability to at least stalemate Mjolnir long enough to defeat Thor.

Now, How does Thor overcome the psychic attacks from Strange?

So has Thor. And he's done it straight up without plot device (unless you consider Mjolnir to be plot device). Considering the speed in which Mjolnir can travel and cleave through dimensions, Strange keeping it away from him indefinitely is pretty laughable.

He could temporarily disarm Thor for a moment or two. But not long enough to dominate the fight.

Scans/issue numbers for this feat? I'd like to see it for myself if you don't mind. Considering the feats Mjolnir has under its belt, such as supplying 1/4 the power needed to bolster the collapsing walls of the multiverse, I find it unlikely that Strange could "drain" Mjolnir in the midst of a fight.

Psychic attacks are actually just about the one route Stephen could take with some success. Thor's mental resistance feats are pretty spread out, so you could feasibly see him getting mind raped or thrust into a catonic state to having him resist the likes of a Phoenix empowered psionic or the likes of Glory, a skyfather being who assaulted him physically, mentally, and spiritually all at once. To that end, if Stephen doesn't drop Thor instantly, he could be physically dominated while he attempting to break Thor's mind.

LordofBrooklyn
So has Thor. And he's done it straight up without plot device (unless you consider Mjolnir to be plot device). Considering the speed in which Mjolnir can travel and cleave through dimensions, Strange keeping it away from him indefinitely is pretty laughable.

He could temporarily disarm Thor for a moment or two. But not long enough to dominate the fight.

Scans/issue numbers for this feat? I'd like to see it for myself if you don't mind. Considering the feats Mjolnir has under its belt, such as supplying 1/4 the power needed to bolster the collapsing walls of the multiverse, I find it unlikely that Strange could "drain" Mjolnir in the midst of a fight.

Psychic attacks are actually just about the one route Stephen could take with some success. Thor's mental resistance feats are pretty spread out, so you could feasibly see him getting mind raped or thrust into a catonic state to having him resist the likes of a Phoenix empowered psionic or the likes of Glory, a skyfather being who assaulted him physically, mentally, and spiritually all at once. To that end, if Stephen doesn't drop Thor instantly, he could be physically dominated while he attempting to break Thor's mind.

The magic absorption feat is in the resoect thread.

Your fellow slanderer of Strange is present in the thread as a fact checker so the feat is legit.

Going off memory hasn't failed me with this one. The Vishanti, Strange can call them to enhance his power.

Silent Master
lol?

Trolling Thor related topics is his main gimmick.

Branlor Swift
The feats are coming but I want to read the stories to prevent any openings for criticism i.e. outside amp, PIS, weakened opponents etc.

In the meantime please tell me how Thor counters Strange's psychic attacks. Well, that wins me over. Strange defeats Thor I guess.

By hitting him first.
By having adequate defenses against so against more powerful psychics. Thor's fought Odin on the psychic plane...
By Dr Strange leaving himself open if he goes that route.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In Blood and Thunder, it took the combined the psychic might/will of Thanos, Surfer, Strange, the Infinity Watch (Including Moondragon and the Mind Gem) to just barely break free out of Thor's mind IIRC. And when Odin battled Thor on the psychic plane, Warlock made it pretty clear that they were completely beyond their mortal comprehension. Strange also shit himself when glimpsed Thor's immortal soul if that has any relevance.

Thor can be dropped by psychic attacks but he seems to be mostly vulnerable to surprise attacks trying to shut down his mind. Strange doesn't get prep here.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, in a direct "fight", Strange's best bet is mental assault, and even that isn't a guaranteed win against Thor (who has feats from the low end to the very high concerning mental defenses).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.