..................... Rank'em Pt.2 .....................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Rank them With # 1 being the most powerful on the list..

You add anyone on the list as long as there not above the teir of power of this list.

Wonder Woman
Flash (B.A)
G.L Hal
Cap.Marvel (Billy)
Superman
Martian Manhuter
Black Adam
Sinestro
G.L Scott
Cap.Atom
Firestorm
Aquaman
G.L Stewart
Red Tornado
G.L Guy

abhilegend
Superman.

Everybody else.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman.

Everybody else.

If G.L. Scott has the Starheart Superman has a problem.

Supermex
Only standard equipment plz

Digi
Superman.

Everybody else.

You should remove yourself from discussing Superman, and discuss other characters. It would help give you the credibility you likely deserve.

Digi
Pre-Flashpoint:

G.L Scott

G.L Hal
Superman
Black Adam
Sinestro

Flash (B.A)
Cap.Marvel (Billy)
Martian Manhuter
Cap.Atom

Firestorm
Wonder Woman
G.L Stewart
G.L Guy
Red Tornado

Aquaman

...where I put breaks, that means there's a gap in power between the two groups imo. Within each group, I wouldn't object to rearranging them. Like, in a fight between Hal, Sinestro, Adam, and Kal, any of the four could reasonably win.

pym-ftw
G.L Scott
Superman
G.L Hal
Sinestro
Black Adam
Flash (B.A)
Cap.Marvel (Billy)
G.L. Guy
Martian Manhuter
Firestorm
Wonder Woman
Captain Atom
G.L Stewart
Aquaman
Red Tornado

Branlor Swift
I'll go by normal Scott here. This is also ignoring super burst Red Tornado who can tear Grundy in half, and be shown owning Amazo

Black Adam/Superman/Billy
Scott
Hal/Sinestro
Flash
Non Trash Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Cap Atom/Firestorm
Stewart/Guy
Aquaman
Red Tornado

Something like that for me. Course I could probably move some things around, but I'll stick with this.

carver9
Black Adam
Scott
Captain Marvel=Superman=Wonder Woman
Hal=Sinestro
Firestorm
Martian Manhunter
Captain Atom

The rest.

LordofBrooklyn
1)G.L Scott- If Alan has the power of the Starheart then he is clearly number one.
2)Superman- Below the power of the Starheart Clark is second.
3) G.L. Hal- Hal has the showings to definitively put him in the 3rd spot.
4) Captain Marvel- Billy at maximum is a beast. The champion of magic could take everyone except Alan Scott.
5) Sinestro- Skill but no heart.
6) Flash- The master of the Speed Force can take down everyone below him here with his speed.
7) Martian Manhunter- J'onn is tricky. He has all the necessary powers but his disposition is the key part. Everyone above him is resitant to mind-control and have the ability to take him on physically.
8) Captain Atom- The quantum field gives him limitless power but his level of vulnerability is lower than the others.
9)Firestorm- The physical limitations negate the myriad of powers Firestorm has.
10) Wonder Woman- I feel like I'm doing Diana a disservice but the range abilities of the others leave her at a disadvantage.
11)G.L Stewart- John is better than Guy.
12)G.L Guy- Work on your strategic skills Guy.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Black Adam
Scott
Captain Marvel=Superman=Wonder Woman
Hal=Sinestro
Firestorm
Martian Manhunter
Captain Atom

The rest.

What are you basing this on?

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What are you basing this on?

What placement are you talking about?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
What placement are you talking about?

Black Adam.

aztec
I'm going to place them in four different categories based on their background, abilities and who've they've faced. I also included other, who I believe are worth mentioning.I'm quite familiar with all of them, especially Hal, Kal and Diana. Overall, the elite are considered the best because of what they've accomplished. Don't get me wrong, just because someone is in the second or third tier doesn't mean they cant give the elite a run for their money.

Elite

Orion
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern - Hal
Flash - Wally West

2nd Tier

Flash (B.A)
Captain Marvel (Billy)
Martian
Black Adam
Maxima
Sinestro

3rd tier

Powergirl
Firestorm
G.L Stewart
G.L Guy
Cap.Atom

4th tier

Starfire
Aquman
Red Tornado

Supermex
Originally posted by aztec
I'm going to place them in four different categories based on their background, abilities and who've they've faced. I also included other, who I believe are worth mentioning.I'm quite familiar with all of them, especially Hal, Kal and Diana. Overall, the elite are considered the best because of what they've accomplished. Don't get me wrong, just because someone is in the second or third tier doesn't mean they cant give the elite a run for their money.

Elite

Orion
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern - Hal
Flash - Wally West

2nd Tier

Flash (B.A)
Captain Marvel (Billy)
Martian
Black Adam
Maxima
Sinestro

3rd tier

Powergirl
Firestorm
G.L Stewart
G.L Guy
Cap.Atom

4th tier

Starfire
Aquman
Red Tornado

Good list!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by aztec

Elite

Orion
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern - Hal
Flash - Wally West

2nd Tier

Flash (B.A)
Captain Marvel (Billy)
Martian
Black Adam
Maxima
Sinestro

3rd tier

Powergirl
Firestorm
G.L Stewart
G.L Guy
Cap.Atom

4th tier

Starfire
Aquman
Red Tornado

You forgot about Alan Scott.

Zack Fair
LoL@Wonder Woman = Superman

xJLxKing
Superman
Black Adam/Billy
Scott
Hal/Sinestro
Flash
Non Trash Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Cap Atom/Firestorm
Stewart/Guy
Aquaman
Red Tornado

aztec
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL@Wonder Woman = Superman

She has the stats to take out Superman. She might not be his equal, but has one hit wonder's which can decapitate him.

Zack Fair
The thread is about who is more powerful, not who would win in a fight.

Superman outclasses Wonder Woman.

aztec
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The thread is about who is more powerful, not who would win in a fight.

Superman outclasses Wonder Woman.

How so?

Strength - Superman
Speed - Diana
Skills - Diana
Durability - Superman, if you don't take the vambraces into account.
Versatility - Supes, if you don't count Diana's one hit wonders (lasso, tiara, lighting, etc)

I'd say they are on par.

Zack Fair
I disagree. If you don't see it that is fine. I don't wish to engage in a debate.

xJLxKing
lol

abhilegend
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
If G.L. Scott has the Starheart Superman has a problem. Originally posted by Digi
You should remove yourself from discussing Superman, and discuss other characters. It would help give you the credibility you likely deserve.
Alan for all his KMC reputation has said superman is more powerful than him

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_08-09.jpg

He has been more powerful than hal from the byrne era

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Action622-06.jpg

Although I was more joking than anything else.

abhilegend
Wonder Woman has outright conceded that she can't win a direct combat against superman. Its not like superman can deflect her tiara with HV just like Kate Spencer did with her normal gloves.

abhilegend
Also Brightest Day Alan Scott isn't regular Alan Scott. He was amped by starheart meteor.

JakeTheBank
Superman's been cited as being the most powerful being on the planet numerous times. Too many to count, tbh.

Alan's likewise been referred to as being the most powerful human being on the planet by several sources.

LordofBrooklyn
Also Brightest Day Alan Scott isn't regular Alan Scott. He was amped by starheart meteor.

Alan has had the Starheart outside of that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I gotta say, Alan is overrated as f*ck. He's like DC's Doctor Strange. Seems he has some above Top Tier feats but apparently they are hardly reflective of his average.

Maybe it's because I read him mostly in team books or guest appearances but he's been unimpressive tbh for a character presented being able to take a majority over Thor/Superman/Surfer types consistently.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I gotta say, Alan is overrated as f*ck. He's like DC's Doctor Strange. Seems he has some above Top Tier feats but apparently they are hardly reflective of his average.

Maybe it's because I read him mostly in team books or guest appearances but he's been unimpressive tbh for a character presented being able to take a majority over Thor/Superman/Surfer types consistently.

You're not exactly wrong, tbh.

Most JSA arcs went like this:

-Big Bad shows up
-Alan fights them with the team
-Alan gets horribly beaten
-Team struggles against Big Bad
-Big Bad gets close to ultimate goal
-Alan returns/recovers in nick of time
-Alan solos or does most of the work

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman's been cited as being the most powerful being on the planet numerous times. Too many to count, tbh.

Alan's likewise been referred to as being the most powerful human being on the planet by several sources.
The only time I know of was when he was touted as the most powerful being in the solar system. Most of the time its "one of the most powerful beings on the planet" for alan. But then spectre said superman was the most powerful being in universeS.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Yep. ****ing captain nazi has beaten him.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You're not exactly wrong, tbh.

Most JSA arcs went like this:

-Big Bad shows up
-Alan fights them with the team
-Alan gets horribly beaten
-Team struggles against Big Bad
-Big Bad gets close to ultimate goal
-Alan returns/recovers in nick of time
-Alan solos or does most of the work
Except most of the time alan is pretty useless. Outside Brightest Day where he was amped, what's his best feat in years? Getting his face beaten in by black adam?Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Alan has had the Starheart outside of that.
Not since 1990.

JakeTheBank
The only time I know of was when he was touted as the most powerful being in the solar system. Most of the time its "one of the most powerful beings on the planet" for alan. But then spectre said superman was the most powerful being in universeS.
Yep. ****ing captain nazi has beaten him.
Except most of the time alan is pretty useless. Outside Brightest Day where he was amped, what's his best feat in years? Getting his face beaten in by black adam?
Not since 1990.

Flash, Mid-Nite, and Terrific have each referred to him as the most powerful human being on the planet (emphasize on "human"wink. Once they discovered Alan was basically just pure energy and only aged because he "felt like it", they began to hypothesize just how crazy powerful he really was.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing that Alan can be overrated here on KMC. Just pointing out how several JSA arcs often went in terms of plot beats. Alan's last hurrah prior to Flashpoint involved him getting his ass kicked by Scythe along with the rest of the team and then coming back to practically solo him. Alan's had the Starheart for years now, well before Brightest Day. All Brightest Day did was have him tame an even larger portion of the Starheart than before.

abhilegend
Flash, Mid-Nite, and Terrific have each referred to him as the most powerful human being on the planet (emphasize on "human"wink. Once they discovered Alan was basically just pure energy and only aged because he "felt like it", they began to hypothesize just how crazy powerful he really was.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing that Alan can be overrated here on KMC. Just pointing out how several JSA arcs often went in terms of plot beats. Alan's last hurrah prior to Flashpoint involved him getting his ass kicked by Scythe along with the rest of the team and then coming back to practically solo him. Alan's had the Starheart for years now, well before Brightest Day. All Brightest Day did was have him tame an even larger portion of the Starheart than before.
I only remember Terrific saying so. Issue numbers for flash and Mid-nite saying so?

Alan has been amped since brightest day by a starheart meteor. I was asking about before brightest day feats.

JakeTheBank
I only remember Terrific saying so. Issue numbers for flash and Mid-nite saying so?

Alan has been amped since brightest day by a starheart meteor. I was asking about before brightest day feats.

I lost my JSA torrent, and my JSA comics are in long boxes in my basement. Kinda don't feel like digging for them, lol. But I'm almost certain that the Mid-Nite scene was during a medical exam of Alan's body once and another separate time whereas Flash said Alan was the most powerful human on the planet at the end of the Brightest Day crossover.

Before Brightest Day, he fared very well against a younger Mordru.

abhilegend
I lost my JSA torrent, and my JSA comics are in long boxes in my basement. Kinda don't feel like digging for them, lol. But I'm almost certain that the Mid-Nite scene was during a medical exam of Alan's body once and another separate time whereas Flash said Alan was the most powerful human on the planet at the end of the Brightest Day crossover.

Before Brightest Day, he fared very well against a younger Mordru.
That was just Terrific IIRC. Brightest day alan was amped as I said before.

Yeah superman punched an older and far more powerful mordru's teeth out despite his magical weakness exploited.

JakeTheBank
That was just Terrific IIRC. Brightest day alan was amped as I said before.

Yeah superman punched an older and far more powerful mordru's teeth out despite his magical weakness exploited.

He was amped after Brightest Day, sure. But Alan still had the lip service prior to that.

Didn't compare Alan to Superman outside of statements made on their behalf, but okay.

abhilegend
He was amped after Brightest Day, sure. But Alan still had the lip service prior to that.

Didn't compare Alan to Superman outside of statements made on their behalf, but okay.
He was amped in Brightest Day. I'm asking for the issue numbers. The best lip service to him was in JSA 34 or 35 when captain nazi was altering reality calling him "one of the most powerful beings in the universe" but superman was also called the same in the same issue.

We are ranking them in power jake.

uhuh

Digi

You realize the Starheart is his power source, yeah? It's just to what degree he unleashes it. He's sonned multiple team wreckers and HH's when he lets loose. You can ignore the entire Bightest Day stuff and he still has the best high-end feats of anyone listed.

Alan for all his KMC reputation has said superman is more powerful than him

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_08-09.jpg

He has been more powerful than hal from the byrne era

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Action622-06.jpg

Although I was more joking than anything else.

Odd that you respond to my post suggesting you refrain from Superman debate, with an argument for Superman. Not sure what you intend by it, but meh. Seriously, it did wonders for me (with Spidey, years back) when I took a years-long hiatus from him on the vs. forum. You learn about other characters, gain some perspective, and aren't automatically assumed to be biased.

Hell, try arguing against Superman in a thread you think he'd win. It's fun, and also a great way to break the vs. mentality that many of us fall into of wanting to be right all the time. I tried this trick in the SM v. Wolverine thread. Great fun. And I'm a better debater for it, because I learned how to construct excellent arguments for either of them in the fight, when originally I could only defend Spidey.

Superman has also stated that Hal and J'onn have more potential power than him. But I would never construct an argument from that, because it means absolutely nothing in all cases. Heroes are constantly acquiescing to one another like that. It doesn't mean you're wrong that Kal > Alan, but the logic used is shoddy.

You're also forgetting several feats that place Alan as the class of his team, and at minimum an incredibly powerful high herald. Some lip service from Cpt. Nazi is hardly the only thing he did (actually, that's not a feat, so it falls victim to the same logic as above).

Hal's versatility feats are what makes his ranking imo. Until Flashpoint, his PC stuff was still canon iirc, and it included some ludicrous versatility feats. I'd say that Superman has more raw power, but things like shrinking Shaggy Man, creating GL rings for others to use, or manufacturing K-nite put Hal over the top imo. It's all subjective anyway, but my opinion is not without reason.

ares834
Assuming no Starheart.

Superman
Adam/Billy
Scott
Hal/Sinestro
Flash
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Atom
Stewart/Guy
Aquaman
Red Tornado

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
You realize the Starheart is his power source, yeah? His part of starheart. Yes. The whole of starheart isn't his power source. That's like saying the whole sun is superman's power source, so sundipped superman isn't an amp. List them. I'm curious what team wreckers and HH he has wrecked.

mmm

I'm tempted to do so too.

One time. There are at least six instances of him being more powerful than either. Then produce a scan of alan being stated to be more powerful or even outperforming superman. A young superman killed Grundy in one punch when the same grundy beat the shit out of Alan without his wood weakness and he couldn't hold grundy with all his willpower.

JSA is quite an underpowered team for some team with a 5-D imp as a member. I'm curious about these feats. It wasn't from Nazi, its narration saying.

His PC feats aren't valid. He was rebooted in Emerald Dawn. He has created GL rings post crisis too. He hasn't shrunk Shaggy man as shown in Morrison's JLA and he hasn't created kryptonite post crisis. Not that versatility=power anyway.

beatboks
His part of starheart. Yes. The whole of starheart isn't his power source. That's like saying the whole sun is superman's power source, so sundipped superman isn't an amp. List them. I'm curious what team wreckers and HH he has wrecked.

This part used to be true but hasn't for a while.

At first Alan's power cam from the "green Flame" The Green Flame was basically the good magic ( life based) that was captured by the guardians when they were collecting the chaotic (Magic) energy of the universe. Knowing that eventually one day the "evil" magic would escape it broke itself free from the starheart and fell to earth as the meteor that was forged first into a lamp and eventually the railway lantern of Alan Scot GL.

During the first run of GL corps ( the Quarterly) a member of the GL corps ( full name escapes my old memory mormar or something) who was also magic came to Alan for his help because the starheart was about to escape and only Alan could contain it. At that point he wasn't successful, instead all Alan could do IIRC was so fully disperse it to reduce it's potency.
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2022541

The starheart later reformed and created it's own dimension where it grew in power. It stripped his connection to the power and created a form for him again ( as without it he doesn't have one). BY the end of the ark ( which I'll have to find) he regained his energy and had actually contained the starheart within him ( all of it).

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2022542
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2022543

Some of the referrences you've mentioned like Holt's comments about him being the most powerful human were because he contains all that energy for Earths sake. It was also post that ark that he was shown to no longer have the wood weakness ( a weakness of the green flame as it's power was the power of Life and he could not harm life i.e. the "green"wink. There were about five only instances post that ark where poor writing had him succumb to wood and all were retconned by Johns to be because he believed he had the weakness at the time because he was mentally tired etc.

He was in fact NOT amped either during or after Brightest day. In brightest day it was the starheart in control not him. Instead of him keeping will ( and therefore power) back to contain it's energies the starheart entity was going all out. As for after ( when there are Several references to him having the "full" power of the starheart) he was in fact hindered and depowered greatly due to keeping even more will to contain it. His fear that the starheart would escape again made him vastly weaker (hense why Scythe was even able to harm him)

You want none brightest day feats.
1. Underworld unleashed he soloed most of hell. Neron had to get several high order hell lords to take him and then when he broke free he sealed a multiversal rift that threatened reality on a multiversal level.

2. In JSA ( 90's run) where his son Todd was at his peak drawing on all the power of the shadow realms, had possessed most of the JSA (including Hourman 1 million and Fate) as well as all NY Alan soloed him

3. One of the times he took down Mordru was after Mordru had absorbed the power of the artifacts of Fate. Another was just after Mordru had killed and absorbed enough or the Lords of Order and Chaos to be able to kill Jarred Stephens Fate.

3. Time manipulated an entire planet so that the planets whole existence laster hours while all it's inhabitants lived their full lives and the threat it's existence posed to Earth was ended.

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
This part used to be true but hasn't for a while.

At first Alan's power cam from the "green Flame" The Green Flame was basically the good magic ( life based) that was captured by the guardians when they were collecting the chaotic (Magic) energy of the universe. Knowing that eventually one day the "evil" magic would escape it broke itself free from the starheart and fell to earth as the meteor that was forged first into a lamp and eventually the railway lantern of Alan Scot GL.

During the first run of GL corps ( the Quarterly) a member of the GL corps ( full name escapes my old memory mormar or something) who was also magic came to Alan for his help because the starheart was about to escape and only Alan could contain it. At that point he wasn't successful, instead all Alan could do IIRC was so fully disperse it to reduce it's potency.
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2022541

The starheart later reformed and created it's own dimension where it grew in power. It stripped his connection to the power and created a form for him again ( as without it he doesn't have one). BY the end of the ark ( which I'll have to find) he regained his energy and had actually contained the starheart within him ( all of it).

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2022542
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2022543

Some of the referrences you've mentioned like Holt's comments about him being the most powerful human were because he contains all that energy for Earths sake. It was also post that ark that he was shown to no longer have the wood weakness ( a weakness of the green flame as it's power was the power of Life and he could not harm life i.e. the "green"wink. There were about five only instances post that ark where poor writing had him succumb to wood and all were retconned by Johns to be because he believed he had the weakness at the time because he was mentally tired etc.

He was in fact NOT amped either during or after Brightest day. In brightest day it was the starheart in control not him. Instead of him keeping will ( and therefore power) back to contain it's energies the starheart entity was going all out. As for after ( when there are Several references to him having the "full" power of the starheart) he was in fact hindered and depowered greatly due to keeping even more will to contain it. His fear that the starheart would escape again made him vastly weaker (hense why Scythe was even able to harm him)

You want none brightest day feats.
1. Underworld unleashed he soloed most of hell. Neron had to get several high order hell lords to take him and then when he broke free he sealed a multiversal rift that threatened reality on a multiversal level.

2. In JSA ( 90's run) where his son Todd was at his peak drawing on all the power of the shadow realms, had possessed most of the JSA (including Hourman 1 million and Fate) as well as all NY Alan soloed him

3. One of the times he took down Mordru was after Mordru had absorbed the power of the artifacts of Fate. Another was just after Mordru had killed and absorbed enough or the Lords of Order and Chaos to be able to kill Jarred Stephens Fate.

3. Time manipulated an entire planet so that the planets whole existence laster hours while all it's inhabitants lived their full lives and the threat it's existence posed to Earth was ended.
That's one interpretation of the story.

Also Alan never had full power of starheart and the change from Sentinel to Green Lantern was just in name only. It was just a part of starheart and then a large asteroid of starheart came to earth and possessed alan, amping him at the start of Brightest Day JLA/JSA crossover. I don't have the comic right now but he was certainly amped.

1. Superman trashed most of Hell in DOV and casted Neron out of his body by pure willpower. He defeated Blaze when she was undisputed ruler of hell which was never done before. He has defeated Satanus and went on to seal a rift with Orion that threatened entire DCU.

2. That fate was a very rookie Hector hall and Hourman 1M was only at a fraction of his powers. Fate still got out of his control thanks to the helmet of nabu. Its a great feat but Superman has several feats that blow it out of the water.

3. That was the only time Alan took on Mordru and did fine. Mordru owned Alan and ripped starheart out of him before that. Jared stevens was killed by an ambush and by his own dagger. It had nothing to do with power.

4. Nothing like that but superman sent a planet which was threatening the entire omniverse to another universe.

beatboks
fist it's not one interpretation, it's the latest. use the out dated yulan gur retcon if you want there have been two since. personally I use the last. to that end I wouldn't rate Alan very high at all at post Flashpoint sucks in power level. I'm only responding to the false starheart stuff.

the ark I recerred to came well after the change from Sentinel to Gl, in which I agree was name only. at that point he still had only the "green Flame" power within him.

1. not familiar with that to be honestand I have DOV but not read all the tie ins. issue #'s

2. Hector was not a factor in EITHER of the two feats where Alan matched an amped Mordru in power. The first was befor Hector assumed the mantle ( just) Mordru had absorbed Fate's artifacts and a lot of their power. Alan was matching him in power and Mordru used a destraction to divert his will and get the upper hand. that was only "Green Flame" Alan not full starheart. the second was after fatherland ark and Hecto had been gone for quite some time. Kent V was Fate and Mordru had possessed him and had his power on top of his own. Alan was NOT amped in any way and completley owned him. that was prior to the brightest day ark but was full star heart power.

there is also the time when he was finally released during the Ultra Humanite with Thunderbolt power ( 5th dimension djinn) where an pissed Alan completely owned Ultra with that reality warping power.

Jarred Stephens was killed by his ownknife but the onl reason Mordru could wield it was because he had absorbed those lords power. the knife was linked to Jarred and completely under his mental control, it would not have even been able to be used against him without the amp.

nice dodge of feats and twist of context to try and sell a point.

abhilegend
fist it's not one interpretation, it's the latest. use the out dated yulan gur retcon if you want there have been two since. personally I use the last. to that end I wouldn't rate Alan very high at all at post Flashpoint sucks in power level. I'm only responding to the false starheart stuff.

the ark I recerred to came well after the change from Sentinel to Gl, in which I agree was name only. at that point he still had only the "green Flame" power within him.

1. not familiar with that to be honestand I have DOV but not read all the tie ins. issue #'s

2. Hector was not a factor in EITHER of the two feats where Alan matched an amped Mordru in power. The first was befor Hector assumed the mantle ( just) Mordru had absorbed Fate's artifacts and a lot of their power. Alan was matching him in power and Mordru used a destraction to divert his will and get the upper hand. that was only "Green Flame" Alan not full starheart. the second was after fatherland ark and Hecto had been gone for quite some time. Kent V was Fate and Mordru had possessed him and had his power on top of his own. Alan was NOT amped in any way and completley owned him. that was prior to the brightest day ark but was full star heart power.

there is also the time when he was finally released during the Ultra Humanite with Thunderbolt power ( 5th dimension djinn) where an pissed Alan completely owned Ultra with that reality warping power.

Jarred Stephens was killed by his ownknife but the onl reason Mordru could wield it was because he had absorbed those lords power. the knife was linked to Jarred and completely under his mental control, it would not have even been able to be used against him without the amp.

nice dodge of feats and twist of context to try and sell a point.
Actually its not a retcon. The issue of GLC quarterly also took Yalan Gur into consideration.

1. It was not in DOV. It was during DOJ when neron had abducted lois. Superman: Man of Tomorrow and DOJ 5.

2. You mean when Alan only had him wrapped in a cocoon and Mordru with a basic spell overpowered him? That's what you call matching power? Mordru was caught un-prepared at a mortal channeling starheart which was just renamed as green flame by alan.

That's quite an outlier since the last time Mordru had Fate's items, he owned Alan like a two bit whore, ripping starheart out of his chest. Superman owned 31st century Mordru who is far more powerful than young mordru in LO3W.

That was a disoriented Humanite who was losing the grip on T-bolt's power and it was a group effort. Superman oneshotted a quantum zealot who was outright owning a 5-D imp.

There was no mention of Mordru usurping Jared's mental connection with the dagger. It was simply a stabbing case.

Twisting? Where?

beatboks
the GLC quarterly tales was in 91/2 it was regconned in either 94 or 5 ( i'm pretty certain because it was after legion became rebels) and again a year or so after that title folded.

so creatkng a spell that causes a distracti

beatboks
the GLC quarterly tales was in 91/2 it was regconned in either 94 or 5 ( i'm pretty certain because it was after legion became rebels) and again a year or so after that title folded.

so creatkng a spell that causes a distraction In someone's middle ear is overpowering Is it? The reason Alan called it the green plane was because that's what it was then.

Sorry the events after the fatherland ark where mordru took over Kent V Nelson and assurped all the powers of the Nabu's artifacts. sent every member of the JSA to their own personal hell hole and was then owned like a ***** Didn't happen??? The tile in question was about four issues before the brightest day JLA / JSA tie in. . so NO that wasnt the "last" time Mordru had

Sorry you're trying to say one fear (one of the best outside brightest day) didn't even happen. Using an older story to say something wasn't Retcon. as well as claiming that a destraction technique ( against a being whos power is all will based) is over powering.

NO, no twisting context there at all.

the irony is I don't have a problem with Superman or Surfer being above Alan ( most of the time they are- unless bloodlusted) I just called you on the BS that Alan doesnt draw on All the starheart. since about 97/ 8 he has.

abhilegend

so creatkng a spell that causes a distraction In someone's middle ear is overpowering Is it? The reason Alan called it the green plane was because that's what it was then.

Sorry the events after the fatherland ark where mordru took over Kent V Nelson and assurped all the powers of the Nabu's artifacts. sent every member of the JSA to their own personal hell hole and was then owned like a ***** Didn't happen??? The tile in question was about four issues before the brightest day JLA / JSA tie in. . so NO that wasnt the "last" time Mordru had

Sorry you're trying to say one fear (one of the best outside brightest day) didn't even happen. Using an older story to say something wasn't Retcon. as well as claiming that a destraction technique ( against a being whos power is all will based) is over powering.

NO, no twisting context there at all.

the irony is I don't have a problem with Superman or Surfer being above Alan ( most of the time they are- unless bloodlusted) I just called you on the BS that Alan doesnt draw on All the starheart. since about 97/ 8 he has.
I don't remember that. Issue number?

Yeah, it was not a distraction and Mordru easily broke Alan's will. Later he transmuted Alan into wood as an afterthought while fighting Hector. That's called overpowering. Green flame IS starheart's name as Alan calls it.

I didn't say it never happened. I said its an outlier since before Mordru has always owned Alan with or without fate's items. Wildcat knocked out Mordru in that arc FFS when before Mordru went toe to toe with power girl and held his own.

Never said it didn't happen.

You told that Alan matched power with Mordru in JSA 3 and I'm twisting context?

He doesn't draw on all of starheart since he forsook most of its power.

beatboks

Supermex
So is the starheart standard equipment then for G.L Scott?

If yes... Does that make him top dog in Dc?

If not standard, then where is he placed?

Tryin to resolve this lol

beatboks
Originally posted by Supermex
So is the starheart standard equipment then for G.L Scott?

If yes... Does that make him top dog in Dc?

If not standard, then where is he placed?

Tryin to resolve this lol

It was standard pre Flashpoint for a little over a decade, for most of which he rarely drew on the full potential. Over the last year and half it was more consistently used but was he was also shown to restrain himself to contain control it ( post brightest day in particular up until issue 50 of JSA)

In standard morals ( when a loved one or friend isn't in immediate danger) he's probably at around 7 to 8 ( somewhere just below Surfer, Supes, etc.).

Using it's potential but not controlled by it he's up there with but behind Spectre, Classic Strange, Classic Fate. Possesed by it he surpasses Fate and maybe ( MAYBE) even Strange but not Spectre.

No He's not top dog at DC.

Spectre, Anti Monitor, Micheal, Lucifer, Mxy, and several others are still above him.

abhilegend
I'll have to find the issues. When I do I'll post the links or scans.

Good.

Breaking concentration isn't using a distraction to beat someone which is what you're insisting here. Breaking the concentration of GLs is a very common way to take them out. I was talking about when Mordru effortlessly transmuted Alan.

Earth 2 stuff was expanded in GL 19. It was again shown in GLC quarterly 7. That I am, thank you.

Considering Mordru amps the body of whoever he takes over, its certainly a low feat. Also I mistook wildcat punching Mordru in JSA 79 as that one. It happens when you are so busy in a tourney. No need to yell at me though.

What is it with you and lame insults? I'm talking about JSA v3 47 where Mordru took possession of Arion's body and amped it to the point of taking several blows from an all out PG.

Yeah, that's quite an outlier since the last time Mordru had Helm of nabu he ripped starheart out of alan's chest.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_MordruSentinel3.jpghttp://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_MordruSentinel4.jpg

Where?

Now you're straight up lying.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_MordruSentinel2.jpg

What is that?
That was all his part of starheart. Alan forsook a large portion of starheart just before JSA v3 in GL/Sentinel: Heart of darkness IIRC which was referenced in JSA: Secret files and Origins 1 too. He never regained those powers. Scan attached.

Hahahaha. A ghost of Mordru overpowered Dr. Fate amped on Hal and Alan's power while he had the whole starheart and then incapacitated whole of JLA/JSA and dragged them to 31st century.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/?action=view&current=MordruJlaJsa4.jpg
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/?action=view&current=MordruJlaJsa5.jpg
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/?action=view&current=MordruJlaJsa6.jpg

Superman has better feats than Alan can even dream about. You don't want to get into feat war with superman.

One more thing, calm the **** down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.