.................... Rank'em marvel/Dc ..................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Rank'em with 1 being the most overall super being..

All are in standard from..
You can add anybody I missed that I feel should be on here as long as there not above your #picks teir of overall power...

Hyperion
Wonder Woman
Beta Ray Bill
Black Bolt
G.L Stewart
Silver Surfer
Firestorm
Thor
Ronan the Acusar
Superman
G.L Hal
Hulk
Flash (B.A)
Ms.Marvel
Blue Marvel
Captain Marvel (Billy)
Namor
Dr.Strange Classic
Martian
Rambuea
Sinestro
Black Adam
Quasar
Cap.Atom
Starfire
Aquman
Gladiator
Vision
G.L Scott
Red Tornado

Plz be nice to eachothersmile

pym-ftw
G.L. Scott
Thor
Superman
Surfer
G.L. Hal
Black Bolt
Hulk
Sinestro
Blue Marvel
Captain Marvel (Billy)
Bladam
Sentry
Dr. Strange
Hyperion
Barry Flash
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator
Quasar
Firestorm
----------HH line-------
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
G.L Stewart
Captain Atom
Ronan the Acusar
Ms.Marvel
Vision
Namor
Rambuea
Starfire
Aquman
Red Tornado

Supermex
Originally posted by pym-ftw
G.L. Scott
Thor
Superman
Surfer
G.L. Hal
Black Bolt
Hulk
Sinestro
Blue Marvel
Captain Marvel (Billy)
Bladam
Sentry
Dr. Strange
Hyperion
Barry Flash
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator
Quasar
Firestorm
----------HH line-------
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
G.L Stewart
Captain Atom
Ronan the Acusar
Ms.Marvel
Vision
Namor
Rambuea
Starfire
Aquman
Red Tornado

Damn!!!!!!!! PYM!!
You Rock!

I got dus far...

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Dr.Strange
4. Superman
5. Blue Marvel
6. G.L Scott
7. Gladiator
8. G.L Hal

LordofBrooklyn

1)GL Scott- The Starheart has been standard for years, With it Alan is the top of the food chain.

2)Dr. Strange- I will deal with you heretics soon enough. Dr. Strange is a Trans being!

3)Hyperion- The master herald at this point.

4)Superman- Hyperion-Lite but he is still formidable.

5)Silver Surfer- Weak willed but the power cosmic makes up for it.

6)Blue Marvel- This is tough but I liked the showdown with the Avengers and his battle with The Sentry.

7)Thor- The Odinson is where he belongs. I am ready for ALL naysayers.

8)G.L. Hal- Hal is another one that is difficult to place. This feels right.

9)Beta Ray Bill- Horse-face comes in at a respectable number.

10)Captain Marvel- I want to place Billy higher and I could argue for a spot or 2 higher.

11)Black Bolt- Boltagon is problematic as well. Those above him can take him down before the ultimate strike.

12)Gladiator- I think Gladiator could be lower but he has faced a diverse set of opponents.

13)Sinestro- His will is the drawback here.

14) Flash- Barry finishes well here.

15) Quasar- Wendell is another one that could be a bit higher.

16) Monica Rambeau- Versatility gives her the nod here.

17) Hulk- Yes, Carver, I placed Hulk here.

18) Captain Atom- Increased invulnerability would place him higher.

19) Firestorm- Human frailty is the weakpoint.

Supermex
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

1)GL Scott- The Starheart has been standard for years, With it Alan is the top of the food chain.

2)Dr. Strange- I will deal with you heretics soon enough. Dr. Strange is a Trans being!

6)Blue Marvel- This is tough but I liked the showdown with the Avengers and his battle with The Sentry.

10)Captain Marvel- I want to place Billy higher and I could argue for a spot or 2 higher.

11)Black Bolt- Boltagon is problematic as well. Those above him can take him down before the ultimate strike.

12)Gladiator- I think Gladiator could be lower but he has faced a diverse set of opponents.

Respect respect.. Nice list and breakdown

Branlor Swift
1. Iron Fist
2a. Batman, Daredevil, Black Adam, Captain America
2b. Space Punisher, Cap Marvel, Dr Doom
3. Hawkeye

And that's all that matters

Supermex
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
1. Iron Fist
2a. Batman, Daredevil, Black Adam, Captain America
2b. Space Punisher, Cap Marvel, Dr Doom
3. Hawkeye

And that's all that matters

Epic fail

We alll knew this was coming

LoL

abhilegend
Superman/Silver Surfer/Thor/Hulk

Everybody else.

beatboks

I like this with a few modifications.

1. Despite being a massive Alan Scott Fanboy I would place Classic Strange above Alan ( that's assuming pre 52 Alan the new one totally sucks, loosing power in the stratoshphere is a joke)

2. I would add in Dr fate actual rank would vary depending on version. Original Kent Nelson due to having Golden age Superman level physicals without any magical talismans, Captain Atom SS level energy and matter manipulation on top of magic that is marginally below Classic Strange would be about even with Strange. Hector and Eric more like 4 or 7 ( respectively). Inza more like 12 though ironically her unusual application of the power made her a LOT more versatile)

3. I'd also lift Nathaniel Adam into the top 8. Courtesy of the cross over into Wildstorm and his feats with Majestic plus the way Mordru used him and his immunity to magic to take sorcerers world. I'll admit scaling to an average his overall range doesn't display this but the potential is certainly there.

4. Thor IMO would be at 3 in that list. I know in character he doesn't use it but Mjilnor gives him greater versatility than almost every character listed. The range of his capabilities is pretty damn vast.

There are a few others who IMO rate before the likes of Vision, Aquaman, Ms Marvel (Unless we're talking Binary that is) and a few others on the list. Daimon Hellstrom, Obsidian, Brainwave, Mar-Vell etc.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by beatboks
I like this with a few modifications.

1. Despite being a massive Alan Scott Fanboy I would place Classic Strange above Alan ( that's assuming pre 52 Alan the new one totally sucks, loosing power in the stratoshphere is a joke)

2. I would add in Dr fate actual rank would vary depending on version. Original Kent Nelson due to having Golden age Superman level physicals without any magical talismans, Captain Atom SS level energy and matter manipulation on top of magic that is marginally below Classic Strange would be about even with Strange. Hector and Eric more like 4 or 7 ( respectively). Inza more like 12 though ironically her unusual application of the power made her a LOT more versatile)

3. I'd also lift Nathaniel Adam into the top 8. Courtesy of the cross over into Wildstorm and his feats with Majestic plus the way Mordru used him and his immunity to magic to take sorcerers world. I'll admit scaling to an average his overall range doesn't display this but the potential is certainly there.

4. Thor IMO would be at 3 in that list. I know in character he doesn't use it but Mjilnor gives him greater versatility than almost every character listed. The range of his capabilities is pretty damn vast.

There are a few others who IMO rate before the likes of Vision, Aquaman, Ms Marvel (Unless we're talking Binary that is) and a few others on the list. Daimon Hellstrom, Obsidian, Brainwave, Mar-Vell etc.

The absence of Dr. Fate is a huge oversight on my part.

You've come just in time to join the Dr. Strange wars. Somehow he has gone from a certifiable trans character to some doubting him as a High Herald!

beatboks

You've come just in time to join the Dr. Strange wars. Somehow he has gone from a certifiable trans character to some doubting him as a High Herald!

currently Sorcerer Supreme strange is lower. Op however did specify "classic".
There isn't any way that Classic Strange isn't top of the food chain. Alan may be high but there is also the fact that he holds back to "restrain or keep the starheart in check". The last run of Justice society played that too damn much ( damn Guggenheim )

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend

Everybody else.

This man knows what he is talking about.

abhilegend
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/VS%20THE%20WEIRD/TheWeird04-06_zps453d7f4d.jpg

shifty

beatboks
What exactly is the scan meant to prove?
That Superman and Atom Smasher ( who is no where near in the league of either Cap Atom or Fate) when amped by the dimensional entities who were the masters of the wierd's race are powerful.

All it proves is your lack of credibility when discussing such things.
The fact you use a scan that shows Atom Smasher taking the punishment of BOTH fate and CA shows it had nothing to do with the characters in the image

carver9
Everyone in here knew Superman was amped during that scene except ABHI.

Uriel005

You've come just in time to join the Dr. Strange wars. Somehow he has gone from a certifiable trans character to some doubting him as a High Herald! in terms of raw potential strange's magical ability to say my power is now mine+ whatever deity decides to help me + your power is pretty broken. Unfortunately you have character drawbacks like his hangup on using black magic and the potential to lose himself in that particular spell. however sans that classic strange was pretty safely in the trans tier in terms of raw power output but remember most of that came with the backing of a demon/deity/hell god. So how much of his power is actually his is my only real point of contention on placement but then again the same can be said of most casters whose spells are reliant on otherworldly deities. i.e. anyone whose cast the crimson bands etc etc.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
This man knows what he is talking about.

He obviously doesn't, especially placing Hulk at number 4.

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
What exactly is the scan meant to prove?
That Superman and Atom Smasher ( who is no where near in the league of either Cap Atom or Fate) when amped by the dimensional entities who were the masters of the wierd's race are powerful.

All it proves is your lack of credibility when discussing such things.
The fact you use a scan that shows Atom Smasher taking the punishment of BOTH fate and CA shows it had nothing to do with the characters in the image
It was stated that Superman and Nuklon were two most powerful beings there BEFORE they were taken over. Next time read carefully. Blame Jim Starlin if he thinks Nuklon is more powerful than Dr. Fate.Originally posted by carver9
Everyone in here knew Superman was amped during that scene except ABHI.
Your ability to cheerlead still astounds me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend

Everybody else. Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Thor are more powerful than Superman is.

the Darkone
This is how I would rank them

1. Thor- Is one of the most versatile Herald on this list you can put him in any situation, with mojlner Thor can take on elite beings.

2. Alan Scott- Probably the best Green Lanterns, even Hal has problems with Alan

3. Silver Surfer- Next to Thor, Silver Surfer is top herald in energy manipulation, matter manipulation, flight speed

4. Dr. Strange-One best magic user in comics, can call upon other powers from high end end beings to aid him in his quest

5. Superman- The ultimate man of justice, character integrity and his will which is second to none, Superman will give 150% 24/7

6. GL Hal- Next to Alan, Hal is one of the greatest Lanterns all time, his will gives Superman a run for it's money, his versatility is up there.

7. Beta Ray Bill- Oath bro to Thor, almost the same just more aggressive in battle and loyal to the end, he is Thor equal in combat

8. Captain Marve/Black Adam- These two are Superman equal in every way, when these two battle its' always 50/50

9. Black Bolt- The Monarch of Attlitan is very powerful and underrated, his voice can destroy matter, he can always hold his own with elite

10. Blue Marvel/Hyperion- They are on their way of becoming elite themselves, they need more feats.

11. Quasar- Is the closet thing to GL in the marvel u, his versatility is pretty close to Silver Sure fer and one of the top energy absorbers.

12. Captain Atom- The Silver Surfer of the Dc, with his quantum powers and abilities he has even challenge elites

13. Martian Manhunter- MM is better total package heroes in DC, and his telepathy, shape shifting, SM strength is very under use.

14. Photon Monica- One of the top energy manipulator and one of the fastest beings in comics, she can absorb and adapt to any energy, underestimated.

carver9
He obviously doesn't, especially placing Hulk at number 4.

He didn't place him at number four...he's saying they are equals. Your opinion of Hulk doesn't matter to me bro.

abhilegend
I didn't say they were equals though.

shifty

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
He didn't place him at number four...he's saying they are equals. Your opinion of Hulk doesn't matter to me bro.

He DIDN'T say they were equals.

These debates are a lot more informative and fun when others provide their own list.

I'd like to see yours.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Thor are more powerful than Superman is.

LIES. LIES. LIES.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
This is how I would rank them

1. Thor- Is one of the most versatile Herald on this list you can put him in any situation, with mojlner Thor can take on elite beings.

2. Alan Scott- Probably the best Green Lanterns, even Hal has problems with Alan

3. Silver Surfer- Next to Thor, Silver Surfer is top herald in energy manipulation, matter manipulation, flight speed

4. Dr. Strange-One best magic user in comics, can call upon other powers from high end end beings to aid him in his quest

5. Superman- The ultimate man of justice, character integrity and his will which is second to none, Superman will give 150% 24/7

6. GL Hal- Next to Alan, Hal is one of the greatest Lanterns all time, his will gives Superman a run for it's money, his versatility is up there.

7. Beta Ray Bill- Oath bro to Thor, almost the same just more aggressive in battle and loyal to the end, he is Thor equal in combat

8. Captain Marve/Black Adam- These two are Superman equal in every way, when these two battle its' always 50/50

9. Black Bolt- The Monarch of Attlitan is very powerful and underrated, his voice can destroy matter, he can always hold his own with elite

10. Blue Marvel/Hyperion- They are on their way of becoming elite themselves, they need more feats.

11. Quasar- Is the closet thing to GL in the marvel u, his versatility is pretty close to Silver Sure fer and one of the top energy absorbers.

12. Captain Atom- The Silver Surfer of the Dc, with his quantum powers and abilities he has even challenge elites

13. Martian Manhunter- MM is better total package heroes in DC, and his telepathy, shape shifting, SM strength is very under use.

14. Photon Monica- One of the top energy manipulator and one of the fastest beings in comics, she can absorb and adapt to any energy, underestimated.

Respectable list. I say that Thor's weakness is his speed and his CIS (he loves to melee too much and throw the hammer). Another overlooked weakness is Thor without the hammer. He loses it at times (for example he drops it from being rocked). IMO, these things prevent him from being #1.
Dr. Strange is actually a trans or higher in situations where he can prep and a mid to low herald when he isn't prepped. So he can go higher or lower IMO.

Golgo13
I'd place MM and Alan Scott higher. Alan unleashed is trans level or higher. Firestorm is also one of the most powerful energy manipulators/transmuters as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.