Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
Mayweather-Pacquiao is one of those superfights that should have happened, but didn't. Who do you blame for it not happening, and who would have won?

quanchi112
At this point it just hurts boxing. Awful. I blame Mayweather.

jaden101
I blame George Washington. And lots of him.

Based
According to Pacquiao, Mayweather asked during negotiations for the majority of money based on the question "what if he loses?""

Even if Mayweather is the favorite, Pacquiao was the one with the best chance to give him that loss. Mayweather is the best, it's hard to contend that but he ducked Pacquiao.

Now that other people have done it for him, Mayweather is going a full gloating rant.

Bro SMASH
It seems like there's still a possibility of it happening if Pacquiao beats Rios later this year.

LeonBuco666
Sugar ray robinson would phuck both in his prime no doubt

Bro SMASH
I still think Pacquiao would win. Some people have said that Mayweather waits for boxers to decline before fighting them but it really looks like he's just ducking Pacquiao entirely. It's like he already knows he's gonna lose if he fought Pacquiao. After looking at Mayweather's fights, I'm convinced of that myself.

I also still think this would be a huge event. Some people have said it should have happened years ago when people were more hyped about it but if both still got it, then you can bet it will draw huge attention it. Heck, look at the Tyson vs. Lewis fight. People have been talking about those two fighting for a long time and even though they were past their primes by that point, it still drew a lot of attention.

TheTyrant
Pac-Man would get knocked out tbh. Mayweather's more than proven himself at this point.

Bro SMASH
Proven himself? Yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Allankles
He's right, Mayweather has more than proved himself and would have had the right to retire long before this day.
He can retire undefeated, like Marciano only having faced better comp
overall.

Allankles
Originally posted by VG_Addict
Mayweather-Pacquiao is one of those superfights that should have happened, but didn't. Who do you blame for it not happening, and who would have won?

I blame it on the Arum clan and Pac's groupies. Mamby pambies really.

Allankles
Pac was cool with the fight

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Allankles
He's right, Mayweather has more than proved himself and would have had the right to retire long before this day.
He can retire undefeated, like Marciano only having faced better comp
overall.

How did he prove himself when he's already got a reputation of ducking opponents or fighting them when they're past their prime? None of these recent fights really mean anything (not even is fight with Canelo). He needs to take fights that squashes talk like that and the one fight he needs the most his with Pacquiao (if Pac still has enough fight left in him, that is).

Allankles
Pac had the chance to make the fight but didn't take it. Never agreed to random testing, never wanted to make any type of compromise. Plus he's now punch drunk, so punch drunk he fights an easy to hit brawler like Rios. He's done and Mayweather has moved on.
As I said he can retire undefeated, it's not the end of the world.

Bro SMASH
I heard Pac actually did agree to random testing. Don't know why it didn't take place, though. And I don't believe this mess about Pacquiao being done until I see it myself. We'll see when he fight Rios.

Still, Mayweather calling him out and denied ever doing it later on is nothing less than ducking. Nobody is ever gonna forget that.

Allankles
The Rios fight won't prove anything, it was carefully selected to
make him look good. Pac's post 130 jr lightweight career has been all
smoke and mirrors. Even out of favor guys like Ortiz and Berto are better comp than anything he was willing to face after 130. He payed
the price for picking and choosing opposition, not enough speedy,
young, tough guys in Pac's resume.

Pac is the one whose career is a little suspect between 135-147 i.e. since moving to lightweight his comp has been lacking.

Even the version of Cotto that he fought was weak and dehydrated.

Bro SMASH
I don't get why people are downing Rios. That guy is no joke and seeing that people are claiming that Pacquiao is washed just because of a knockout, this should at least put all that to rest. It would mean a heck of like more than Mayweather's fight with Canelo.

Dark-Kenshin
Finally got an agreement.

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/finally--floyd-mayweather-and-manny-pacquiao--agree---250m-may-2-superfight-081659466-boxing.html

dynamix
well its about damn time!

TheTyrant
http://i.imgur.com/reryRzg.png?1

Man, I can't wait for this fight. Gonna have Pacman fanboys crying about how Floyd kept "running away" after Mayweather sweeps.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by TheTyrant
http://i.imgur.com/reryRzg.png?1

Man, I can't wait for this fight. Gonna have Pacman fanboys crying about how Floyd kept "running away" after Mayweather sweeps. Lol, please. There's a reason Floyd has been ducking him for so long. It took immense pressure to get him to agree to the fight. He has a hard time with southpaws and Pacquiaou is the best southpaw alive atm. It's lights out for Mayweather.

Bro SMASH
Yes! It's finally happening!

And Pacquiao is already gearing up:

UVgQw2e93P0&feature=youtu.be

dynamix
Floyd will win, but it won't be an easy win at all! what's interesting with pacquiao's style is his rhythm. most boxers will throw 1-2 or sometimes 1-2-3 combinations, which allows the defense to time and act accordingly (counter, evade, etc), but Pacuiao doesn't just hit in conventional rhythm (combos), dude can deliver 5-6 or more in one blast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzJT8pwd-pM

AND he mixes up his rhythm, where maybe the 4th or 5th punch will be quicker or slower than the other punches which really fcks up the defensive timing. Mayweather will tie you up if you're too aggressive (maidana fight for example) but to do that you have to be able to time the opponent. i can see him getting popped in the face a couple times trying to clinch pacquiao lol. can't wait for this fight, man!!

Bro SMASH
^You say Floyd will win but you're making an argument for Pacquiao? That, to me, sounds just the opposite.

dynamix
no, i'm simply explaining why it will NOT be an EASY win for Mayweather. He will still win because he will find a way to adjust to Pacman but he WILL be hurt.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by dynamix
no, i'm simply explaining why it will NOT be an EASY win for Mayweather. He will still win because he will find a way to adjust to Pacman but he WILL be hurt.

How could you be so sure he'll win? He's never fought anybody like Pacquiao before. Just say he'll adjust isn't enough.

dynamix
u got a point. i don't think Floyd has fought anyone with that type of energy and punching power, however, Pacquiao's knockout capability has wane over time and it's almost impossible to outbox floyd mayweather. Le'ts talk both stylistic approach. Can pac's punch in bunch and perpetual movement bother FMJ's defense? i highly doubt it because not only does FLoyd shell himself well, he has other attributes and options. 1. his reflex. i'd like to point out possibly his closest match with Dela Hoya. if you want, you can look for clips online on how razor sharp his reflex was(is, until proven otherwise) which really hampered Dela hoya's effort. 2. Clinch. Going by his last fight, floyd has no qualm about clinching. it's boring as fck to watch but it works and he will likely utilize it with someone as aggressive as pacman.

ok, now let's look at some of pacman's habit. some of his better habits are punching in unconventional movement and aim while utilizing the sweet science of hitting and getting the fck out the way. he does it really well and u can see it confusing alot of opponents. but a quick counter then a clinch will likely render that strategy useles (again, refer to the JMM series). now for his bad habit. The main thing i hate about pac's style is that he has a habit of returning punches punches...a very dangeorus strategy against FMJ. Why? because 1. Floyd is a master counterpuncher. he was able to outbox JMM who's widely recognize as the best modern counterpuncher of this era. The truth is, Manny has problems with counter-puncher. You only have to check out his series with JMM as JMM's CP really slowed down Manny's momentum...something floyd will like do the also. But more than anything else (besides his philly defense) Floyd is known to set trap with the most common being a few jabs then a leading right. Recognizing that manny will always return punch, you really think Floyd will let that go unrecognized? I doubt it.

Of course i can say he can adjust because he's done it. He's had unanimous wins how many times now? Zab was beating him the first 2 rounds, and he adjusted. maidana was beating him the first few rounds in the 1st match and he adjusted. In the second fight, maidana even found a way to bypass floyd's leading right trap with his own overhand right but still floyd was able to out wit him after almost being knocked down the first time (i believe it was the end of the 2nd or 3rd).

I really am rooting for Manny but i just can't see what he can really do to floyd without a knockout and at this junction of his career and going by Floyd's history...i can't see it happening. My question to you is...how will manny be able to beat floyd?? I'm being objective here, and if u can convince me, i will gladly accept it.

Bro SMASH
This fight is just too close to call. People say Manny has trouble with counterpunchers and movers but he's at least has the experience of fighting them and even beat them at times (such as Morales, Marquez, and Bradley).

Floyd, on the otherhand, is said to have problems with southpaws and he hasn't really fought that many throughout his career. Judah and Guerrero were southpaws but they were limited opponents who possessed the weaknesses Floyd easily exploits. Pacquiao is both a natural southpaw and an elite fighter. He has good hand speed, footwork, and stamina and it's hard to recall the last time Floyd fought someone like that.

Also, despite what some people think, Pacquiao's power isn't waning. He was able to knock people out at lower weight classes but he hasn't been able to do that lately because he's moved up to welterweight where he's fighting much bigger guys. But he does still have a lot of power and this HAS been shown at welterweight. He's messed up a lot of guys faces while Floyd can barely even make a dent. So you can bet Floyd will feel those punches and due to Manny's handspeed, he's going to be feeling a lot of them too. Not sure he'll deal with that.

dynamix
well i guess we can agree to disagree. manny will have to bring his A game for this. Seen a few of his training videos for this fight and he seems to be going beast-mode lately so i hope to see him get the dub.

Dark-Kenshin
Mayweather is gonna have his father as his corner. His father can barely spew full sentences without mumbling, especially when he's excited. Mayweather will have a weak corner throughout the toughest fight of his career whereas Pacquiao will have one of the best trainer/corners in the history of the sport. When Mayweather loses, he's gonna blame it on his dad and then get Roger to train/corner him for the rematch.

dyajeep
yup, there will only be a rematch if Floyd loses... 'coz if wins, Manny can't have another shot at him again... these two will be at their best at May 2nd... i know Manny won't disappoint, so i hope Floyd won't too... y'know, can picture him running, and clinching throughout the match...

dynamix
Press conference today at 430. Floyd and Roach are gonna trash talk each other to death lol

Based
Mayweather lost all his trash talking skills apparently. No sushi comments or tax/money comments or steroid allegations. He's gotten soft.

dynamix
^^ ha yea that press conference was unexpectedly civil lol. Roach did say 'we will kick your ass' tho lol

CosmicSurfer
This is just in, Roach made an excellent choice for picking the perfect sparring partner for Manny.

It's none other than Guillermo Rigondeaux!!!

I advice you check his fights out.

If any of you ever heard of him....well, in my opinion, he's better than Mayweather at his own game. Rigo has the best defensive skill-set in all of boxing. At the very least equal to Money, if not better.

I'd love to see Rigo and Manny spar. If Manny can tag him. He'd have no problem with Mayweather on May 2nd.

Very wise decision. he's a bantamweight floyd clone.

dynamix
Very good news for the Pac supporters. for those who don't know who Rigondeax is... enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kfOfz2fBHQ

dynamix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2oCdlGApS8

24/7 manny pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. episode 1-2

Dark-Kenshin
Am placing $100 bet on Manny. Floyd's legs aren't what they used to be and southpaws completely counter his style as we saw with Juda. Juda is a poor man's Pacquiao

dynamix
3 more days!! Can't fckin wait! The legends weigh in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5gEjs5jfHw

Jmanghan
Floyd Mayweather is not a "Legend".

Pacquiao is going to DESTROY Mayweather.

dyajeep
i'm rooting for Pacquiao as well, but i don't want to predict anything, since it's just a few days till now. i'm excited too! smile

choosymate
I think that Mayweather is aware that the style of Pacquiao will cause him problems, and when combined with a few other issues (Bob Arum, Showtime/HBO network problems, Al Haymon etc.), you can see why the fight hasn't been made yet.

Pacquiao has declined moreso than Mayweather in recent years, which is why Mayweather is more inclined to fight him now.

In terms of mental strength, I think both fighters are solid coming into the bout, though if it came down to a war of attrition, Pacquiao has more experience and fortitude.

dynamix
Anyone seen the weigh in, i gotta hand it to Manny, despite the scope of the fight ge seems really relaxed (gitty, even). If style makes fight, then this should be one of the illest fight ever.

AsbestosFlaygon
The weigh-in was friggin' hilarious.

Tracey Morgan was yellin' at Manny at the back during that staredown with Floyd, shoutin' "You gon' knocked the **** out!".
Then Manny just smiles it off and raises his hands as the crowd cheered. laughing out loud

Dark-Kenshin
Breaking News: The fight has been canceled. Floyd Mayweather complains a knee injury he just sustained. There will be no fight tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Dxgkw7mfA

dynamix
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Breaking News: The fight has been canceled. Floyd Mayweather complains a knee injury he just sustained. There will be no fight tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Dxgkw7mfA

AWWWHHH u fckin bastard, lmao!! Had me for a second there

Dark-Kenshin
AWWWHHH u fckin bastard, lmao!! Had me for a second there Sounded real though, didn't it? I was half expecting Mayweather to pull something like that, but I guess he's finally not obsessed with his 0 losses anymore.

AsbestosFlaygon
No way the boxing mafia gonna agree about that, though.
He just needs 2 more fights to surpass Rocky Marciano's winning streak.

IF he ever loses, I expect a rematch.
Though I'm not quite sure, given the rocky relationship between HBO and Showtime as well as Top Rank and Golden Boy.

Win or lose, I expect Pacquiao is definitely gonna retire after this fight.
He now has everything he wanted: fame, power, money, friends, businesses, a loving family.
He came from nothing, and became something.
Certified boxing HoF'er in my book.

dynamix
^^not to mention its Vegas - Mayweather's backyard lol. Adrien Broner actually alluded to referee Kenny Bayless favoring Floyd lol. Of course u can't take Broner's word too serious as he's an idiot. But Bayless does have a history of prematurely breaking up fight/clinch, which gets annoying. I hope he just let these two go at it.

Stringer
Anyone spending a small fortune to watch this fight?

dynamix
^^splitting between friends.

anybody know what the undercards are??

Stringer
Think there going on right now

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, it's starting now.

Leo Santa Cruz VS Jose Cayetano - Featherweight Bout - 10 Rounds

Vasyl Lomachenko VS Gamalier Rodriguez - Featherweight Championship - 12 Rounds

AsbestosFlaygon
Man, Lomachenko is beating up Rodriguez like a punching bag laughing out loud

Dark-Kenshin
Really don't care for these undercards. Nobody gives a shit about you nobodies. Just get to Pacquiao vs Mayweather already.

AsbestosFlaygon
Shut up man.
Give them some respect.
Lomachenko is one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time, with a record of 396-1.
And becoming world champion after just 4 fights as pro is proof.

And now, he just won the fight by KO at Round 9. laughing out loud
He keeps the WBO Featherweight belt

Rodriguez is one of the dirtiest fighters I've ever seen. He hit Vasyl with like a dozen of lowblows.
He never deserved this match. It was good to see him get that beat down for that shit.

dynamix
Lomachenko was getting busy.

Ahhh shizzzz here we go!!

AsbestosFlaygon
Boring fight. Nice to see a clean fight, though.

But that Cayetano dude is one tough mofo. Took those straights and body shots like a champ.

Fight's about to start.
Jimmy Kimmel walking along the aisle with Manny laughing out loud
His theme song is one of his bestselling songs here in the Philippines laughing out loud Freakin' hilarious!

Omega Vision
They're dragging this shit out so much...falling asleep.

Dark-Kenshin
Shit. I can tell just by looking at him. Pacquiao is gonna lose.

dynamix
Ahhh i was afraid this was gonna happen. Floyds elusiveness plus his clinch strategy....

Come on Manny. Just let it loose

Dark-Kenshin
Mayweather is just too prepared. This fight is only gonna get worse from here. A real shame. Fight of the century my ass.

Pacquiao's only chance is to get a knockout. He is NOT winning on points

dynamix
Agreed. Round is going by too fast lol

Dark-Kenshin
What a garbage fight that was. I think I'm done with boxing.

AsbestosFlaygon
I know it's too early..
But I think Manny's career is finally over.
Good luck to his future business and political ambitions.

Too bad Father Time caught up with his speed and technique.
First Lineal Champion in boxing; still a HoF'er in my book.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I know it's too early..
But I think Manny's career is finally over.
Good luck to his future business and political ambitions.

Too bad Father Time caught up with his speed and technique.
First Lineal Champion in boxing; still a HoF'er in my book. Not early at all. Mayweather made him look like a clown. A sad sad clown Literally. Watch the 12th round again. He toyed with him. Made him look like a joke. I called this fight as a loss just watching the first 10 seconds alone. This was an awful fight for him and really awful for the sport. The people who actually paid money to watch "the fight of the century" are gonna be disappointed and are surely going to be less willing to do it again. This sport is dying and this fight secured its foot in the grave.

TheTyrant
Floyd clowned him plain and simple. Pacquio kept going in throwing barrage of punches which Floyd shook them off and blocked/danced around. Greatest of all time and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Floyd clowned him plain and simple. Pacquio kept going in throwing barrage of punches which Floyd shook them off and blocked/danced around. Greatest of all time and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Lol, nope. Leonard (prime) would destroy Mayweather no different than he did his father. Robinson (prime) would KO him within five rounds. Mayweather is simply fortunate enough to have competed in a generation that actually favors his sleep inducing style. Ali pulled the biggest upset in boxing history. Mayweather is great, but not the best of all time.

Stringer
Simply the best. Hats off to Floyd.

Arrogant ****, but he deserves it.

Dark-Kenshin
I'd love to be paid 100 million dollars to hug and dance with some guy while flailing my arms every once in a while

TheTyrant
Lol, nope. Leonard (prime) would destroy Mayweather no different than he did his father. Robinson (prime) would KO him within five rounds. Mayweather is simply fortunate enough to have competed in a generation that actually favors his sleep inducing style. Ali pulled the biggest upset in boxing history. Mayweather is great, but not the best of all time. Nah the athletes of today are far far better-conditioned with far superior and more developed training regiments. You can't compare Sugar Ray who fought so many decades ago in an era where modern boxing was still relatively new and people weren't half as athletic as they are now to Floyd who has been dominating his craft for over a decade in today's era. Floyd is simply the greatest of all time.

CosmicSurfer
You know what's really sad? Maidana put up a better fight against Money than Pacquiao did.

The real reason Manny didn't cut loose is actually quite simple: he didn't want to relive what Marquez did to him. You just can't recover from a KO like that. Which is why Pac was so hesitant, because Floyd is a superior version of Juan Manual Marquez by a wide margin.

There's also a claim that Manny injured his right shoulder before the fight. But I think that really holds no substance since he stunned Floyd with a right hand at round 4 immediately following up with a flurry.

One major disadvantage Manny had was his shorter reach. Floyd has unusually long arms for his size and height.

dynamix
Floyd performance was impressive. He made Manny fight his (floyd) fight. Not an easy feat as manny is usually the ring general.

CosmicSurfer
What really disappointed me is that Manny followed the exact same failed script as the other 47 contenders that have already tried.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

So it begs the question, what on earth was Roach's supposed top secret strategy to break Floyd's defense?

Because clearly, we didn't see it last night.

This was the easiest fight Floyd has had. He was on cruise control.

Fight of the century, my foot.

'Hype of the century' is so much more like it.

CosmicSurfer
Floyd performance was impressive. He made Manny fight his (floyd) fight. Not an easy feat as manny is usually the ring general.

It's next to impossible being a ring general when your opponent is an unparallelled master at back-peddling on a bicycle.

I was watching a game of 'Tag, you're it.'

dynamix
I really hope his corner was NOT telling him he was winning. During the post fight interview, he told max kellerman he thought he was winning???

CosmicSurfer
I really hope his corner was NOT telling him he was winning. During the post fight interview, he told max kellerman he thought he was winning???

I can see how Manny feels that way.

From his point of view, he landed the hardest shots. While Mayweather landed jabs and pillow-fisted pop shots.

He probably feels he hurted Mayweather more than the other way around, I guess.

dynamix
Thats true. Yea its often different frim an in-ring perspective.

TheTyrant
http://i.imgur.com/URZppfY.jpg

For anyone who hasn't seen it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by CosmicSurfer

The real reason Manny didn't cut loose is actually quite simple: he didn't want to relive what Marquez did to him. You just can't recover from a KO like that. Which is why Pac was so hesitant, because Floyd is a superior version of Juan Manual Marquez by a wide margin.
I completely agree.

He's never been the same since he got KO'd by PED-induced JMM.

This fight would've been relevant back when Manny had the speed and that unorthodox stance and technique that he used to have 5 years ago.

EDIT:
Mayweather said in the post-fight conference that his last fight will be a non-title bout, and he will relinquish all of his titles to give chances for other upcoming fighters.

He added he doesn't care about Rocky Marciano's streak. He will retire after his last fight in September.

Bro SMASH
Neither man was at there best in this fight. Floyd clinched too much and didn't get any warnings from Kenny Bayless (again?) while Pacquiao let Floyd off the hook too many times. What we saw were diminished versions of two of the best fighters in their division, which just supports the claim that this fight happened 5/6 years too late.

To be honest, I'd love to see a rematch with a more healthier Pacquiao without the shoulder injury (which is said to have hurt his performance) but that's pretty much ruled out since it'll take up to 9 months to heal. Hopefully, Mayweather fights Keith Thurman next.

dyajeep
most people became "boxing analysts" after the fight, which - to be honest - i don't care about... but opinions from boxers themselves, that has a weight on me...

example: Tyson said that Pacman needs to jab (in his tweets), and if not, he'll lose... after the fight, Tyson said Floyd is pretty much "invincible"... then, Holyfield said, Pacman should've won because he is the "aggressor"...

now, i don't know what to believe anymore, lol...

anyway, come to think of it, i don't think Floyd thrown punches a lot... it can be argued that Pacman threw more... what Floyd did was run, clinch and soft jabs... but in all fairness, having a fight with Pacman unscathed - no matter how boring the fight was - is still something...

CosmicSurfer
I'm going to take back on some things that I've said.

The shoulder injury was truly legit as confirmed by others in this thread already. It is not a claim. He had a torn rotator cuff on his right shoulder 3 weeks prior to the fight. It was to the point that he needed immediate surgery. Which is serious and a possible end to his career.

The Pacquiao we saw wasn't anywhere near his best, which explains alot by his disappointing under performance. Which also explains why he couldn't execute Roach's carefully constructed strategy - if there was one.

Mayweather was really fighting a one-armed handicapped Manny.

I now think that a fully healed 100% Pacquiao would have a legit chance in beating floyd in a rematch.

Which floyd already offered to Manny in 2016.

take a look at these two articles:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/4/8549609/manny-pacquiao-injury-shoulder-surgery-floyd-mayweather

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweather-says-hed-fight-161643006.html

AsbestosFlaygon
It's possible for a rematch to happen, now that the injury is confirmed.

It will take at least a year for a full recovery.

I hope Mayweather keeps his word and gives the fans the rematch Pacquiao deserves.

I feel bad for Manny, though. He's in some serious trouble for deceiving the NAC and the fans.
It may or may not be completely his fault. He'd be in more trouble if he decided to postpone the fight, when tickets and hotel bookings have already been reserved weeks before the fight by big-timers.
It's just sad that the supposedly "Fight of the Century" failed to live up to the hype because of the injury.

Spawningpool
I still think pacquiao is more of a boxer than mayweather.
Pacquiao just wanted to fight and mayweather demanded a bunch of shit before he would

AsbestosFlaygon
GWH4-bjrcxc

Watch his highlights against Barrera and Marquez (first 3 matches).

Look at his eyes. You can almost feel the hunger in his eyes -- A hunger for glory and greatness.

It's sad how money, fame, and age took that away from him.
He gained everything, but he lost his passion for boxing. The very thing that helped him reach the top and succeed in life.
He just doesn't have that 'hunger' anymore.

Bro SMASH
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-06-2015/ca6ggf.gif

Floyd grabbing and twisting Pacquiao's arm in the 3rd round! He already knew about Pacquiao's arm injury!

AsbestosFlaygon
Of course he did.
Pacquiao's camp apparently informed Mayweather's camp about his injury, and that he needed a shot of Toradol.
But like the NSAC, Mayeather's camp didn't allow him.

Robtard
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
It's possible for a rematch to happen, now that the injury is confirmed.

IOW: The fans got screwed and it's a perfect setup to lubelessly assphuc the fans out of even more money later on down the road, making these clowns and their promoters even richer

Shit like this debacle of a match is one of the reasons why I stopped following the sport years ago

quanchi112
Boxing has been terrible for years. Another lackluster event.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-06-2015/ca6ggf.gif

Floyd grabbing and twisting Pacquiao's arm in the 3rd round! He already knew about Pacquiao's arm injury!

I take back everything I said against Pacquiao's performance, especially now that we know he was in need of immediate surgery. To need surgery like that, he was at a massive disadvantage from the start, but fought like a champ. Meanwhile, Floyd knew about this going into the match and even took advantage of it (as we can see above), but has the nerve to call Manny a coward and sore loser? Seriously? I get fighting to win. That's part of boxing. But to say all the garbage he is saying? What a joke this guy is. As far as I'm concerned, Manny is the real champ. I hope Amir Khan humiliates and knocks his lights out in November.

Don't get me wrong. He should let others about the injury going into the fight. That was wrong and he needs to face some form of penalty for that. But as far as boxing, he's the number one fighter of this generation and Floyd knows it.

Spawningpool
I was pretty disappointed with the fight. It was a over hyped fight. The only round that was decent was the 9nth round after that it was almost nothing but hugging

TheTyrant
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1336819/699349861_medium.gif

http://i.imgur.com/On2YnTr.jpg

Never gets old.

Bro SMASH

Don't get me wrong. He should let others about the injury going into the fight. That was wrong and he needs to face some form of penalty for that. But as far as boxing, he's the number one fighter of this generation and Floyd knows it.

From what I heard, Pacquiao was pretty much in a tight situation. If the fight got postpone, it probably would have taken about 9-12 months before he heals up and by that time, Floyd would have already been retired...and even if he didn't retire, I doubt Pacquiao would fight Floyd first right after coming off his surgery. But he knew fans wanted the fight so he had to go on with it.

That's probably why Manny's best chance was to get a shot in his shoulder from USADA...which got denied by the NSAC for reasons I don't know. That's very messed up!

Bro SMASH
x-OsGL1aRIA

This video sure has completely changed my view on the fight for sure.

dynamix
hm...i know we really want to believe that this fight is close ( i suppose to justify the hype we've all allowed ourselves to immersed in lol) but Floyd really did win this fight. The video above has many instances of questionable points given (on both behalf, tbh). I plan on making a response video to that video sometime soon. I've watched the fight 4 times. twice with sound and twice without and Floyd won. Its clear Manny wasn't himself in this fight. Many will counter in bunches...that's his style. He was very cautious with Floyd and rather wait for static moments to throw combinations...very uncharacteristic of him. Now we can either attribute that to Floyd's skills and resulting ring generalship or believe his shoulder really was the problem. I believe its the latter because...Manny is Manny. He'll eat a punch (which is all floyd really did...single punch) just to capitalize on that moment of opening. and i doubt Floyd's punches can plant THAT type of caution. I mean this dude fcked Margarito AND Cotto up - two very heavy handed fighters.

ironically, i'm happy to know manny was injured prior to the fight, lol, it gives me a little peace of mind ha.

dynamix
I still believe Manny has the tool to beat Mayweather. Want you guys to check out these segments. This was Manny's best round and possibly the BEST round anybody's ever had against Floyd! He easily won this round no ifs ands or buts. I disagree at the punch connect counts from the video that BroSmash posted up (which again, i will do a response video to that video soon) but, i think its clear Manny had the easy 10 - 9.

4th round:

1:56 - Manny countered Floyd's jab with a lunging right. Floyd respected it. The usual (perhaps healthy) manny would have connected that with another stright right jab and go to work on Floyd. I can almost guarantee that floyd would NOT have expected another right from Manny and likely give manny another 2 or 3 hits based on that shock alone lol.

1:28 - BEAUTIFUL! This is where i say that a Healthy Manny would likely walk through Floyd's punch as indicated here. He ate a stiff jab and countered with his own left cross! But again, the old manny would not give a 2 second pause and would likely connect that left cross with some more combos. instead, it gave Floyd time to shell himself negating much of the points he (manny) would've had. Anybody who gave points to manny's barrage is of questionable intent because aside from 2 side head shots and 1 clean torso shot....most of those hits were blocked, rather cleanly. it looks active and cool but much of them didn't land.

here's my favorite and what tells me that Manny most definitely CAN beat Mayweather. As a common tactics for Floyd, i knew what floyd was going to do right away when i saw those little jabs and the dropping of his right arm. He's setting a trap for manny. He usually set it up with a couple of jabs and then when the opponent think they can intercept his little jab rhythm, he would counter with a leading right (which he keeps relaxed and drops it slightly lower than usual). He did it just seconds prior (with an exaggerated feeling out right lead lol) and he was going to set it up again, this time with full force. This is what makes Manny capable of beating floyd in my opinion. Manny, played into floyd's trap and did tapped floyd with a right jab. And we see what floyd was aiming for. i'm not sure if it was fighter's instinct or just plain old unorthodox movement of manny pacquiao, but after tapping floyd with the right jab, he (manny) slipped to the left BYPASSING floyd's trap forcing a bewildered floyd to make a clinch move, lol. Check it out = 00:57 - 00:38 of the 4th.

I posted here a while back that i feel Manny's weird movements CAN give floyd a VERY hard time and i feel this example best supports that notion.

dynamix
oops, forgot the video to go with the above post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbPSQxWSRZw

btw, how do u embed videos?

Dark-Kenshin
Sat down and reviewed the whole fight myself with no volume on. Once in slow motion. Once at full speed. I have Pacquiao winning 115-113. Completely different fight when you get rid of the biased ring commentary. Talk about a hometown decision win. Now I see why Floyd Sr was freaking out, demanding to know why Floyd was fighting scared.

At very least, this just goes to show you that we need a more objective and more accountable judging system. There is absolutely no conceivable to justify a 118-110 score.

Bro SMASH
Sat down and reviewed the whole fight myself with no volume on. Once in slow motion. Once at full speed. I have Pacquiao winning 115-113. Completely different fight when you get rid of the biased ring commentary. Talk about a hometown decision win. Now I see why Floyd Sr was freaking out, demanding to know why Floyd was fighting scared.

At very least, this just goes to show you that we need a more objective and more accountable judging system. There is absolutely no conceivable to justify a 118-110 score.

Yeah, many people are doing the same thing and are also starting see Pacquiao as the winner. For a while, people thought Pacquiao was crazy for insisting that he won and was just being a sore loser but now with people scoring the fight themselves, it's starting to seem like his claim does ring true...and he knew this before pretty much anybody.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.