Midnighter vs. Mr. X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

xJLxKing
Haven't you heard? Midnighter has been pounding on people like Apollo laughing out loud

Digi
Someday I'm going to do a mashup thread of every butt-phuck joke in Apollo and MNer threads. It will go on for pages.

KingD19
X loses to Midnighter the same reason he lost to Quicksilver. He might be able to predict his thoughts, but he's not fast enough to keep up.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
X loses to Midnighter the same reason he lost to Quicksilver. He might be able to predict his thoughts, but he's not fast enough to keep up. MNer isn't too fast for Mr. X.

KingD19
Bullshit. Fast enough to kick a tank shell. Fast enough to take out Apollo. He was stated to be the guy they called to stop Speedsters, and he easily took one out with a slight movement.

He's more than fast enough to take X. And his combat computer is much more powerful than X's ability.

Blue Area Vet
Bullshit. Fast enough to kick a tank shell. Fast enough to take out Apollo. He was stated to be the guy they called to stop Speedsters, and he easily took one out with a slight movement.

He's more than fast enough to take X. And his combat computer is much more powerful than X's ability.

So how does Karate Kid keep up with speedsters?

KingD19
Are you seriously comparing Mr. X to Karate Kid? One of the most hax characters in DC history?

If we directly compare X and Midnighter, guess what? Only one of them beat a speedster. The other got beaten into pulp by one.

Blue Area Vet
Are you seriously comparing Mr. X to Karate Kid? One of the most hax characters in DC history?

If we directly compare X and Midnighter, guess what? Only one of them beat a speedster. The other got beaten into pulp by one.

No, I am not. Just looking for an answer to the question I asked.

KingD19
Because Karate Kid is an uber character. He learned like every martial art in existence by the time he was a teenager. He was a Silver Age character, that made him insanely powerful as that whole era was. Like Superman sneezing galaxies into oblivion. And when the reboot happened, he kept a large amount of that silver age hax. Like embarassing Superboy and the kid who could copy other peoples powers. Or punching through Inertron. On a scale 1 to 10, X doesn't register, and Karate Kid is at a 15.

Blue Area Vet
Because Karate Kid is an uber character. He learned like every martial art in existence by the time he was a teenager. He was a Silver Age character, that made him insanely powerful as that whole era was. Like Superman sneezing galaxies into oblivion. And when the reboot happened, he kept a large amount of that silver age hax. Like embarassing Superboy and the kid who could copy other peoples powers. Or punching through Inertron. On a scale 1 to 10, X doesn't register, and Karate Kid is at a 15.

But what's the explanation for a human to be able to move fast enough to hang with speedsters? Knowing every martial arts in the world is not an explanation.

Back to the thread, I wasn't directly comparing the two, but I think there are some examples of normal humans displaying super speed/reactions on comics, and I think that Mister X is one of them. People are saying Midnighter is faster and he certainly is, but I don't think that makes it an auto win. Wolverine has super combat speed not to mention all his other attributes and Mr. X defeated him soundly. I agree it's unthinkable bs, but it did happen.

Flyattractor
If Mn has a (partial)computer brain should X not be able to read the machine part?

Mindset

He's more than fast enough to take X. And his combat computer is much more powerful than X's ability. Yea, IF can do all that, Mr. X could keep up with him.

IF won because he is IF though.

KingD19
Iron Fist won because he used "Drunken Fist" and supposedly wasn't thinking. And in that issue X's powers read your mind.

And Midnighter's computer predicts every possibility. One of those would be X being able to read his moves. And he'd act accordingly.

Mindset
Iron Fist won because he used "Drunken Fist" and supposedly wasn't thinking. And in that issue X's powers read your mind.

And Midnighter's computer predicts every possibility. One of those would be X being able to read his moves. And he'd act accordingly. Yea, I know how IF won, everything is said is irrelevant to what we're discussing.

srankmissingnin

That all has more to do with timing than it does speed. Midnighter isn't particularly that fast, it takes him 3 minutes to sprint 2 km, which is below the capability threshold of high tier street feats.

Midnighter's showings against Zealot, Grifter and Nemesis suggest that even if he can beat X, it won't be easy, and it won't be a clean sweep.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Digi
Someday I'm going to do a mashup thread of every butt-phuck joke in Apollo and MNer threads. It will go on for pages.
It would also be one of the best threads on KMC.
Originally posted by Mindset
MNer isn't too fast for Mr. X.
thumb up

And Midnighter's computer predicts every possibility. One of those would be X being able to read his moves. And he'd act accordingly.
Act accordingly?

What would he do differently that wouldn't also get read by X?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by StyleTime
It would also be one of the best threads on KMC.

thumb up

Act accordingly?

What would he do differently that wouldn't also get read by X?

That's the question I had.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.