The official Dune (2014) Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
"The book was much more muscular and adventurous, more violent and possibly even a little bit more fun. I think those are all elements of my experience of the book that can be brought in without offending the die-hard fans of the Bene Gesserit and Kwisatz Haderach. There's a more dynamic film to be made."

Dune is sacred to me.

It deserves quality on a caliber few films have made, and Dune deserves a strangeness and shock value the likes of which only the very specific collaboration of Francis Ford Coppola and David Fincher are capable.

No collaborating super-director, Peter Berg has made Battleship, Handcock, the original Friday Night Lights Film, and the Kingdom. He is more modern than Francis Ford Coppola, but modern era films are intoxicating and lame, imho.

I'm being overly harsh of you, Mr. Berg. I like your intentions but it's about implementing it to result in a modern Cult Classic. Directors keep trying to do this with reboots, it's not a Pacific Rim or a Man of Steel or an Avengers.

I think there is a strive for modern cult classics. I think this film should be rated r, if that were to happen. I've always liked films that had shock value on multiple levels. Movies about the realistic traumatic and epic drama of interactions when extreme things are happening.

jaden101
In all likelihood it'll be stripped of all substance but they'll try and distract people from noticing that with big shiny special effects and lots of star trek-esque lens flare.

Dolos
With all the psy-trips and epic cognitive transformations in the novel; the fact that within this novel is a future society that still is obsessed with consolidating hierarchies; the film needs to be composed of a scenes like this:

Apocolypse now, shocking revelation of Kurtz's transformation.

It's the perfect sci fi for quality. It is very 'cultic'.

Originally posted by jaden101
In all likelihood it'll be stripped of all substance but they'll try and distract people from noticing that with big shiny special effects and lots of star trek-esque lens flare. That is what he did to Battleship.

Patient_Leech

Kazenji
Yeah if Mr Berg is involved its in trouble already.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dolos
...the film needs to be composed of a scenes like this:

Apocolypse now, shocking revelation of Kurtz's transformation.

It's the perfect sci fi for quality. It is very 'cultic'.

Sadly, that kind of filmaking is largely gone. It's all about spectacle now.

Dolos
Shit I ****ed up an copy pasted the wrong url, and now I can't edit.

Moderator please Help!!

The link is here:

http://screenrant.com/peter-bergs-dune-remake-rob-20596/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.