Blood and Thunder THOR VS World War Hulk( SLUGFEST)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor- BLOOD AND THUNDER

vs

World War Hulk

SLUGFEST!

Bloodlust or Banner?

h1a8
Without the PG Thor goes down.
With the gem then can go either way (leaning towards WWH though since I'm not convinced 2x more strength is enough for Thor here).

abhilegend
Without PG, hulk beats the shit out of thor.

guy222
WWH kicks his ass

Endless Mike
Thor

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thor
Not a chance in a slugfest.

the Darkone
Thor

Branlor Swift
Thor if he gets Mjolnir

We already seen Fraction Thor kick the shit out of an amped WWH, now imagine a twice as angry Thor who was pretty much one shotting people pretty close to Hulk's durability.

janus77
Hulk wins.

Damborgson
Depends. If Hulk can resist the brutal beating he's about to receive long enough, he'll power through and won eventually. If not it'll be a quick win for Thor.

janus77
lol, Without the PG, there's literally nothing Thor can do to Hulk in a slugfest. Not a thing that he is capable of, can hurt Hulk.

This is just spite against Thor.

It might not even last a couple of panels, if Hulk ends him with a ThunderClap ala LoebForce Rulk right away.

Damborgson
You're of the opinion that Thor can't even hurt Hulk with what he displayed ? Yeah, not going to deal with that thumb up

dmills
haermm

janus77
Nothing lasting, no. Not just an opinion, but pretty much the implication of everything WWH arc GreenScar went through.

curryman
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thor if he gets Mjolnir

We already seen Fraction Thor kick the shit out of an amped WWH, now imagine a twice as angry Thor who was pretty much one shotting people pretty close to Hulk's durability.

This.

Mindship
Blood and Thunder Thor? The one that was, I believe, besting Surfer, Warlock and Delta Ray Dave?

With Mjolnir, I'm giving this to Thor, especially if he can take Hulk down fast.

----------------------------

Thor got his moment to shine, Hulk his. I'd like to see Surfer get the "powered up to insane levels" treatment at some point (no, I don't think Annihilation qualifies, since, imo, it was unclear as to whether Surfer really did get a power-up, or just mental blocks removed, and even then, the difference didn't seem as major. Show me a Surfer that one-, or even two-shots Galactus, and I'll be happy).

curryman
lmfao @ delta ray dave.

Zack Fair
IMo Hulk wins it. Thor is pretty much a brute, while WWH is very smart and would definitely look for ways to get rid of Thor before the Gem's amping becomes too much.

*Puts flame shield on*

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Depends. If Hulk can resist the brutal beating he's about to receive long enough, he'll power through and won eventually. If not it'll be a quick win for Thor.
What brutal beating? The same thor couldn't knock out even Adam warlock with a two handed mjolnir shot to the back and a wounded BRB beat the shit out of him in a few blows. Surfer was a real sissy in that arc. Going with the strength level hulk had when he was beating the shit out of hercules (although he didn't resist) in a calm state and add the ridiculous HF hulk possessed in WWH and Thor doesn't wins a single fight. Thor also doesn't get mjolnir in a slugfest.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Zack Fair
IMo Hulk wins it. Thor is pretty much a brute, while WWH is very smart and would definitely look for ways to get rid of Thor before the Gem's amping becomes too much.

*Puts flame shield on*
Thor doesn't get PG here AFAIK.

Zack Fair
Well then that makes it more favorable for Hulk.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindship
Blood and Thunder Thor? The one that was, I believe, besting Surfer, Warlock and Delta Ray Dave?

With Mjolnir, I'm giving this to Thor, especially if he can take Hulk down fast.

----------------------------

Thor got his moment to shine, Hulk his. I'd like to see Surfer get the "powered up to insane levels" treatment at some point (no, I don't think Annihilation qualifies, since, imo, it was unclear as to whether Surfer really did get a power-up, or just mental blocks removed, and even then, the difference didn't seem as major. Show me a Surfer that one-, or even two-shots Galactus, and I'll be happy).
That day would come bro, one day surfer would be relevant again. I hope.

Mindship
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer was a real sissy in that arc. Blessings upon you. I never liked how he was depicted there (or even drawn).

Thor also doesn't get mjolnir in a slugfest. In that case, Hulk wins, eventually.

Originally posted by curryman
lmfao @ delta ray dave. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for it, but it does stick in yer mind.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindship
Blessings upon you. I never liked how he was depicted there (or even drawn).

In that case, Hulk wins, eventually.

Unfortunately, I can't take credit for it, but it does stick in yer mind.
Yeah, he was drawn like a statue at some points.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor has the Power Gem.

abhilegend
Then Thor wins after some time.

Insane Titan
Thor destroys WWH.

WWH was taking damage from the likes of Thing and She Hulk, Thor was unglazed by everything and he in this mindset is more ruthless

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thor destroys WWH.

WWH was taking damage from the likes of Thing and She Hulk, Thor was unglazed by everything and he in this mindset is more ruthless

WW Hulk at his most powerful bordered on World Breaking Levels dude. Thor isn't taking, that out bare handed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thor destroys WWH.

He was also healing from them.

curryman
He was also healing from them.

Yeah but you can imagine that hits from Thor would do.

He doesn't get the hammer tho, which means that WWH wins.

abhilegend
Yeah but you can imagine that hits from Thor would do.

He doesn't get the hammer tho, which means that WWH wins.
More damage which he can heal from like Zom strange and Sentry?

Nah, thor would win with power gem.

deathlife
W/Power Gem- Thor wins.
W/O Power Gem- Hulk wins after a hard fight though.

curryman
More damage which he can heal from like Zom strange and Sentry?

Nah, thor would win with power gem.

Yeah, probably. Should be noted that Zom-Strange (virtually featless) lost because he stopped and starting talking about saving people or something. He also had complete and utter garbage-durability.

Sentry kept burning the Hulk, who has soooo many years of incredible durability against heat or flame or whatever the fug Sentry was tossing at him.

Yeah, maybe, not sure if no mjolnir.

iceman24567
Zom Strange was stopped by the plot otherwise an attack like that would have taxed Hulks healing factor after a while.

abhilegend
Yeah, probably. Should be noted that Zom-Strange (virtually featless) lost because he stopped and starting talking about saving people or something. He also had complete and utter garbage-durability.

Sentry kept burning the Hulk, who has soooo many years of incredible durability against heat or flame or whatever the fug Sentry was tossing at him.

Yeah, maybe, not sure if no mjolnir.
He was blasting holes through Hulk's torso. How many characters can do that?

Sentry was burning hulk, yes. It wasn't fire though.

He will.

Insane Titan
He was also healing from them. because he was given time too, a insane rampaging Thor won't plus they don't hit nowhere near as hard as Thor

Tornatic
Originally posted by Stoic
WW Hulk at his most powerful bordered on World Breaking Levels dude. Thor isn't taking, that out bare handed. Yeah I agree. It's hard to see any high herald beating hulk in a slug fest due to his healing factor, durability, and getting stronger from his anger.

curryman
He was blasting holes through Hulk's torso. How many characters can do that?

Sentry was burning hulk, yes. It wasn't fire though.

He will.

Your post doesn't reflect mine at all.

Zom didn't kill Hulk because he stopped to take care of "the little people" or whatever he said.

Sentry's attacks weren't purely physical, and in my opinion they were not on the level of Blood and Thunder Thor's attacks.

might be.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thor if he gets Mjolnir

We already seen Fraction Thor kick the shit out of an amped WWH, now imagine a twice as angry Thor who was pretty much one shotting people pretty close to Hulk's durability. One shotting Drax is insufficient proof. Also I wouldn't say Drax (especially in that arc) is physically comparable to WWH at all (but Savage Hulk and Professor Hulk yes). And we seen a far weaker Hulk kick the shit out of Thor (with Mjolnir).

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by h1a8
One shotting Drax is insufficient proof. Also I wouldn't say Drax (especially in that arc) is physically comparable to WWH at all (but Savage Hulk and Professor Hulk yes). And we seen a far weaker Hulk kick the shit out of Thor (with Mjolnir). your opinion doesn't matter though

curryman
Which far weaker Hulk "kicked the shit" out of Thor with Mjolnir?

Is it the recanted dream-sequence again? big grin

Branlor Swift

Is it the recanted dream-sequence again? big grin probably when Hulk cheapshotted Thor while Thor was carrying him

But I stress again, who cares what h1 says

abhilegend
Your post doesn't reflect mine at all.

Zom didn't kill Hulk because he stopped to take care of "the little people" or whatever he said.

Sentry's attacks weren't purely physical, and in my opinion they were not on the level of Blood and Thunder Thor's attacks.

might be.
Of course it does.

Does it matter? I don't see Thor punching holes in hulk's torso.

Without any proof at all. Why was Sentry's energy blast weaker than Thor's attacks?

abhilegend

Is it the recanted dream-sequence again? big grin
Hulk: Let the battle begin is as canon as any hulk/thor fights.

Igniz
Thor with PG gives WWH the Zeus treatment stick out tongue

curryman
They're weaker because they did far less.

Hulk: Let the battle begin is as canon as any hulk/thor fights.

Need to check the writer interview.

janus77
The writer didn't deny the depiction.

Moreover, Hulk casually one-shotted Thor, when Thanos mind-controlled him briefly.

Thor + Mjolnir <= Savage Hulk. GreenScar is orders of magnitude more powerful than the typical Savage Hulk, who in turn is as powerful as or more powerful than Thor with Mjolnir.

Without the Power Gem, B&T Thor would get murdered by GreenScar, if he annoyed him too much.

iceman24567
Thor wins

Bentley
Without any proof at all. Why was Sentry's energy blast weaker than Thor's attacks?

Sentry being magnitudes less powerful than Thor is.

But then again awesr

abhilegend
They're weaker because they did far less.

Need to check the writer interview.
The writer's interview? Where?

curryman
The writer's interview? Where?

Snider had to write an apology. Here's part of the interview;

"I did, do something to make Thor fans feel better about it though. When it cuts back to Banner who is trying to remember what happened he says, "Yeah, right...and then I woke up." Meaning he doesn't think he's remembering the fight correctly. "

abhilegend
Snider had to write an apology. Here's part of the interview;

"I did, do something to make Thor fans feel better about it though. When it cuts back to Banner who is trying to remember what happened he says, "Yeah, right...and then I woke up." Meaning he doesn't think he's remembering the fight correctly. "
I don't think "Yeah, right" meant that Banner didn't remember the fight correctly.

curryman
I don't think "Yeah, right" meant that Banner didn't remember the fight correctly.

According to the writer, it did.

He also mentions how the only reason Hulk won was because it was a Hulk one-shot, and that if they were to ever fight again it was a strategy that obviously wouldn't work.

And...you know...Banner dreamt the whole thing.

abhilegend
According to the writer, it did.

He also mentions how the only reason Hulk won was because it was a Hulk one-shot, and that if they were to ever fight again it was a strategy that obviously wouldn't work.

And...you know...Banner dreamt the whole thing.
Not really.

That was more to comfort Thor fans.

Never mentioned once in the comic. KMC rules say that an interview can't rule the feats in a comic anyway. I want the link to the interview.

curryman
Not really.

Never mentioned once in the comic. KMC rules say that an interview can't rule the feats in a comic anyway. I want the link to the interview.

Google Snider cbr let the battle begin.

This is hardly "an obscure interview given by someone involved the arc".

This is the only marvel-comic that writer ever wrote. He's solely responsible for what happened.

Even without the interview it was A DREAM that Banner himself doesn't even think he remembers correctly no expression

Insane Titan
Even the marvel editor at the time said the story should be quietly forgotten because it was soon bad

abhilegend

This is the only marvel-comic that writer ever wrote. He's solely responsible for what happened.

Even without the interview it was A DREAM that Banner himself doesn't even think he remembers correctly no expression
I googled it and found an interview which said none of those things.

Yes it is.

The comic explained that Banner was trying to remember an actual event. It was certainly not a dream. If you have any on panel proof please post it.

abhilegend
It was most certainly not a dream

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5282/hulkletthebattlebegin01.jpg

quanchi112
Not really.

Never mentioned once in the comic. KMC rules say that an interview can't rule the feats in a comic anyway. I want the link to the interview. It shouldn't be ignored either. You conveniently cite interviews when it suits you.

h1a8
Writers can't change the story to appeal to certain fans after the story is printed. Also if on panel proof contradict writer then on panel proof wins.

quanchi112
Writers can't change the story to appeal to certain fans after the story is printed. Also if on panel proof contradict writer then on panel proof wins. You can't ignore a writers thoughts on his own story. Who said he changed his own story ? Nobody, kiddo.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
You can't ignore a writers thoughts on his own story. Who said he changed his own story ? Nobody, kiddo. Not if he mentioned shit that didn't happen in the comic (making stuff up to please Thor fans).

Again we can ignore writer thoughts or words if they contradict what happens on panel. I do believe this is a mod ruling.

quanchi112
Not if he mentioned shit that didn't happen in the comic (making stuff up to please Thor fans).

Again we can ignore writer thoughts or words if they contradict what happens on panel. I do believe this is a mod ruling. What did he make up ? We both know you never read the comic. Lol.

h1a8
What did he make up ? We both know you never read the comic. Lol. that Hulk was dreaming the fight. Duh

quanchi112
that Hulk was dreaming the fight. Duh He remembered it back so again nothing outside of the comic like I said.

Blue Area Vet
That day would come bro, one day surfer would be relevant again. I hope.

laughing

You wish!

Blue Area Vet

Yes it is.

The comic explained that Banner was trying to remember an actual event. It was certainly not a dream. If you have any on panel proof please post it.

Proof again??

Where is you proof that the comments were made to "comfort Thor fans?" SMH...

janus77
It's pretty clear that Banner's recollection of events was what happened. Savage Hulk has always been stronger than Thor and, if sufficiently pissed off, he could easily use that advantage in the way he is depicted as doing during that story.

Even more recently, Hulk under the mind control of Thanos, one-shots Thor without any effort, using Mjolnir.

I don't see the need to quibble here, Hulk can, has and would do it.

curryman

Yes it is.

What do you mean "none of those things" ?

"I did, do something to make Thor fans feel better about it though. When it cuts back to Banner who is trying to remember what happened he says, "Yeah, right...and then I woke up." Meaning he doesn't think he's remembering the fight correctly."

If you wanna take Hulk vs Thor to the battlezone, hit me up.

janus77
lol @ him explicitly stating it was a sop to make Thor fans "feel better", it wasn't anything more... it happened, but it might not have (if you close your eyes and wish really, really hard!).

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by janus77
lol @ him explicitly stating it was a sop to make Thor fans "feel better", it wasn't anything more... it happened, but it might not have (if you close your eyes and wish really, really hard!).

He "did it" the first time around, meaning it is part of the on panel story. It doesn't have to be anything more.

"Yeah, right...and then I woke up." BAM! - there is it in print. Who's wishing, again?

Blue Area Vet
Not if he mentioned shit that didn't happen in the comic (making stuff up to please Thor fans).

Again we can ignore writer thoughts or words if they contradict what happens on panel. I do believe this is a mod ruling.

That's just it, it does not contradict anything.

iceman24567
It's pretty clear that Banner's recollection of events was what happened. Savage Hulk has always been stronger than Thor and, if sufficiently pissed off, he could easily use that advantage in the way he is depicted as doing during that story.

Even more recently, Hulk under the mind control of Thanos, one-shots Thor without any effort, using Mjolnir.

I don't see the need to quibble here, Hulk can, has and would do it. Nice low balling and using a mindcontrolled Hulk cheapshotting Thor with his own hammer as proof of anything good job thumb up. Thor also beat an amped Green Scar that had an amped teammate no expression

Zack Fair
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nice low balling and using a mindcontrolled Hulk cheapshotting Thor with his own hammer as proof of anything good job thumb up. Thor also beat an amped Green Scar that had an amped teammate no expression Why bother with Janus?

Damborgson
The writers explanation for why he did it pissed me off. It was something along the lines of wanting a fight to remember, and that Thor had no defense against something nobody had ever tried against him, and that Hulk only won cuz it was his own comic. Swear it gave me cancer.

carver9
Savage Hulk stalemates...Thor could probably pull a majority...this version of Hulk...hell no, Thor dies.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
The writers explanation for why he did it pissed me off. It was something along the lines of wanting a fight to remember, and that Thor had no defense against something nobody had ever tried against him, and that Hulk only won cuz it was his own comic. Swear it gave me cancer.
Don worry.. I'll be sure to attend ure funeral..

quanchi112

I don't see the need to quibble here, Hulk can, has and would do it. You ignore the context and exaggerate. Not surprised nor is anyone.

Badabing
WWH

h1a8
He remembered it back so again nothing outside of the comic like I said. remembering it back and dreaming it happened are two different things

quanchi112
remembering it back and dreaming it happened are two different things He might have remembered it back through a dream. No different.

Fifthchild
Without the Power Gem WWH beats the shit out of him.

Getting angry and rushing into a brawl isnt exactly Thor's best bet against an enraged Hulk.

It worked out against Surfer but when BRB gave up trying to talk sense to him he put B&T Thor down in about 3 panels.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Without the Power Gem WWH beats the shit out of him.

Getting angry and rushing into a brawl isnt exactly Thor's best bet against an enraged Hulk.

It worked out against Surfer but when BRB gave up trying to talk sense to him he put B&T Thor down in about 3 panels. So you want to ignore Thor getting the better of Bill prior to and afterwards, the help he had in between fights, and the fact Thor was taking on all challengers in succession.

Blood and Thunder Thor had Surfer escaping the scene with aid whereas a depowered Surfer was getting the better of a depowered Hulk with the Warbound at his side.

Fifthchild

It wasnt a dream - the whole thing was in the newspaper. If one actually reads the story the "Yeah Right" is obviously something that Banner says to his "Number 1 Fan" after this guy tells him he will leave Banner alone after he gives him his signature.

The whole story is about Banner figuring out what happened after a rampage.

That interview is pretty funny though. Snyder was willing to say anything to appease the enraged masses. Even claiming that Hulk was "running away" from Thor at the end when he left Thor lying in a pool of his own blood with his face caved in.

Fifthchild
So you want to ignore Thor getting the better of Bill prior to and afterwards, the help he had in between fights, and the fact Thor was taking on all challengers in succession.

If you cant seen that BRB was not particularly committed to fighting Thor before that I dont know what to tell you Quanch.

B&T Thor wasnt that special until he got the Power Gem. He was also just as enraged/insane for months before the sotryline began and had several pretty ordinary showings.

Depowered Surfer started things off by smacking depowered Hulk with the mother of all sucker attacks from an energy charged weapon and then quickly tooled Hulks B-list friends. Amazing. But thanks for that tangentially related comparison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.