Fierce Deity Link vs. Safer Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backup
Rules:

- Both characters are at full power

Who win this battle?

NemeBro
This is a good thread.

Zack Fair
Dunno whats stopping
Fierce Deity Link from spamming Seifer for eternity

NotAllThatEvil
The magic meter...

Dramatic Gecko
Drink ROmani milk and FIerce Deighty lasts forever. That's what I do.

Zack Fair
And uh...this was Sephiroth. Thought it was Seifer Almasy from FF8

trexalfa
I suppose Supernova is allowed, so Safer Sephiroth stomps.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by trexalfa
I suppose Supernova is allowed, so Safer Sephiroth stomps.
No.

trexalfa
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
No.

So you are saying Supernova is banned?? Or that Fierce Deity Link can still win after taking a star system busting attack to the face?

ScreamPaste
I'm saying Sephiroth can't bust solar systems, haermm FF's battle animations are hilariously inconsistent and unreliable.

trexalfa
I'm saying Sephiroth can't bust solar systems, haermm FF's battle animations are hilariously inconsistent and unreliable.

Supernova animation has the same effect in Dissidia as in FF VII, which is busting a freaking sun. By the way, throwing Link into the sun will do the trick

ScreamPaste
Supernova animation has the same effect in Dissidia as in FF VII, which is busting a freaking sun. By the way, throwing Link into the sun will do the trick
Oh, cool, so I should start citing smashbros?

Supernova has never busted a sun, nor is he physically strong enough to propel a human body above escape velocity.

trexalfa
Oh, cool, so I should start citing smashbros?

Supernova has never busted a sun, nor is he physically strong enough to propel a human body above escape velocity.

Smash Bros isn't canon nor is it a proper represerntation of a character's abilities. Dissidia is canon as long as the writers in Square say otherwise and it represents the abilities of the characters while remaining faithful to the original games. Please, look at that freaking CINEMATIC Supernova had as animation in FF VII, It busted a sun after busting half of the Solar System planets. Please look at Sephiroth's Ex Burst in Dissidia where his opponent gets caught into an exploding sun.

ScreamPaste
Smash Bros isn't canon nor is it a proper represerntation of a character's abilities. Dissidia is canon as long as the writers in Square say otherwise and it represents the abilities of the characters while remaining faithful to the original games. Please, look at that freaking CINEMATIC Supernova had as animation in FF VII, It busted a sun after busting half of the Solar System planets. Please look at Sephiroth's Ex Burst in Dissidia where his opponent gets caught into an exploding sun.
The cinematic that plays before everyone is completely fine, the star is still there, and the planet, too? I've seen it a hundred times. It's a worthless battle animation. It doesn't prove anything.

trexalfa
The cinematic that plays before everyone is completely fine, the star is still there, and the planet, too? I've seen it a hundred times. It's a worthless battle animation. It doesn't prove anything.

Canon tells that Sephiroth didn't use that attack, I think Square couldn't make it into a game over attack. And If you are gonna dismiss all of this by saying "battle animations" then this is useless, because without those "battle animations" Safer Sephiroth is as featless as the ant I just ran over

ScreamPaste
Canon tells that Sephiroth didn't use that attack, I think Square couldn't make it into a game over attack. And If you are gonna dismiss all of this by saying "battle animations" then this is useless, because without those "battle animations" Safer Sephiroth is as featless as the ant I just ran over Safer Sephiroth should be comparable to the Sephiroth from CC and AC. Physically comparable to Spoidamin with nifty powers and a nifty sword.

trexalfa
Safer Sephiroth should be comparable to the Sephiroth from CC and AC. Physically comparable to Spoidamin with nifty powers and a nifty sword.

Nope, cause Safer Sephiroth fighting style isn't like that of Sephiroth at all, as he fights spamming those attacks that you could dismiss as "battle animations" or "gameplay mechanics". Crisis Core Sephiroth is weaker than this one and Advent Children Sephiroth is superior in power to SS

ScreamPaste
Nope, cause Safer Sephiroth fighting style isn't like that of Sephiroth at all, as he fights spamming those attacks that you could dismiss as "battle animations" or "gameplay mechanics". Crisis Core Sephiroth is weaker than this one and Advent Children Sephiroth is superior in power to SS I listed both for a reason, he should be between them. Comparable. As for how he's meant to fight, eh. shrug

trexalfa
I listed both for a reason, he should be between them. Comparable. As for how he's meant to fight, eh. shrug

The fighting styles are different. Safer Sephiroth can't use the Masamune. Using the Masamune is the key part of the fighting style the Sephiroths you listed use

trexalfa
The fighting styles are different. Safer Sephiroth can't use the Masamune. Using the Masamune is the key part of the fighting style the Sephiroths you listed use

So the OP should change this to Advent Children Sephiroth, just because some people here may be reticent to take battle animations into account.

Zack Fair
So what is the point of using a gameplay-strict character when we are not going to use the only feats it has from gameplay?

ScreamPaste
I didn't make the thread. shrug FD Link suffers the same thing. We know almost nothing about him.

trexalfa
So we must use gameplay if we want some arguing in here and I say that either Heartless Angel or Supernova turns this into a stomp in Sephiroth's favor.

We have a feat for FD Link, trashing a being that could pull a little moon from orbit and make it crash unto the planet. However star busting is ahead of that, by a long shot

BloodRain
..he's not a star buster. Its just flashy visuals.

Do you, as a person I can only assume has played FF7 and/or spin-offs and/or the movie, really think someone like Sephiroth could just casually make destroy the Sun?

ScreamPaste
Indeed, Sephiroth at his strongest still lost to someone who could be seriously hurt by a bullet. no expression Also, that 'little' moon would have destroyed the world.

"Termina was in trouble. The moon was
plummeting toward the earth, and, in three
days’ time, the world would be destroyed."

trexalfa
Originally posted by BloodRain
..he's not a star buster. Its just flashy visuals.

Do you, as a person I can only assume has played FF7 and/or spin-offs and/or the movie, really think someone like Sephiroth could just casually make destroy the Sun?

Those flashy visuals are the only proof we have, If they aren't valid then, say, Piccolo busting the moon in DBZ with a simple energy beam is just a flashy visual and not a feat right??

All the Cloud vs Sephiroth battles are full of PIS. The writers have stated that Sephiroth is stronger than Omega during AC. I don't think that Cloud could take a planet scale life wiper.

The meteor Apophis, which isn't as large as our moon is, would bring an "end of the world" scenario If Earth gets hit. The same applies here. Killing everyone is technically "the end of the world".

ScreamPaste
Those flashy visuals are the only proof we have, If they aren't valid then, say, Piccolo busting the moon in DBZ with a simple energy beam is just a flashy visual and not a feat right??

All the Cloud vs Sephiroth battles are full of PIS. The writers have stated that Sephiroth is stronger than Omega during AC. I don't think that Cloud could take a planet scale life wiper.

The meteor Apophis, which isn't as large as our moon is, would bring an "end of the world" scenario If Earth gets hit. The same applies here. Killing everyone is technically "the end of the world".
When Piccolo did it the moon was actually gone. Sephiroth can't say the same.

Seph can still be killed easily, as we've seen. I don't see 'the end of the world'. I see 'destroy the world'.

BloodRain
No, they're not feats, they're just there to make the attacks look pretty.

Again, Sephiroth who's greatest magic was with prep to summon a Meteor? This is that guy that is going to casually wipe out a star/system?

trexalfa
When Piccolo did it the moon was actually gone. Sephiroth can't say the same.

Seph can still be killed easily, as we've seen. I don't see 'the end of the world'. I see 'destroy the world'.

Do you think the plot would allow the solar system to be destroyed during the final boss? As I said, Sephiroth didn't canonicly use Supernova during that battle.

Destroy the world in that case means ruining civilization, destroying the landscape,... not tearing a planet apart.

Another FF example, most fans would tell you that Kuja is a planet buster because he destroyed Terra in FF IX, however this is a misconception because fans misunderstood a statement. Kuja only ruined the surface. That is equivalent to "destroying the world" If you ask me, no need to rip it to shreds.

Also we do not know how large Termina is.

Meteor was meant to wound the planet, not to destroy it. We are using Safer Sephiroth, without those "pretty visuals" he is featless and we can't back up his strength and thus this debate is fairly useless, even when Supernova has been stated to be one of Sephiroth's abilities confused

ScreamPaste
Do you think the plot would allow the solar system to be destroyed during the final boss? As I said, Sephiroth didn't canonicly use Supernova during that battle.

Destroy the world in that case means ruining civilization, destroying the landscape,... not tearing a planet apart.

Another FF example, most fans would tell you that Kuja is a planet buster because he destroyed Terra in FF IX, however this is a misconception because fans misunderstood a statement. Kuja only ruined the surface. That is equivalent to "destroying the world" If you ask me, no need to rip it to shreds.

Also we do not know how large Termina is.

Meteor was meant to wound the planet, not to destroy it. We are using Safer Sephiroth, without those "pretty visuals" he is featless and we can't back up his strength and thus this debate is fairly useless, even when Supernova has been stated to be one of Sephiroth's abilities confused
Sephiroth is not a solar system buster. Nothing he's ever done has suggested he is, therefore he is not. His absolute best feat took serious prep. no expression

Does it? It doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds to me like it would destroy the world. Do you know what would happen to the Earth if our moon hit us? Protip, it'd do more than destroy civilization. You wouldn't be trying to downplay what Hyrule Historia outright tells us, would you?

And yes, we do. We know Termina is part of an alternate reality.

trexalfa
Sephiroth is not a solar system buster. Nothing he's ever done has suggested he is, therefore he is not. His absolute best feat took serious prep. no expression

Does it? It doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds to me like it would destroy the world. Do you know what would happen to the Earth if our moon hit us? Protip, it'd do more than destroy civilization. You wouldn't be trying to downplay what Hyrule Historia outright tells us, would you?

And yes, we do. We know Termina is part of an alternate reality.

I'm not trying to downplay anything. Did Hyrule Historia get an official English release??

If you are not going to accept it, I would request the OP to change this to base Sephiroth or AC Sephiroth because then Safer Sephiroth is featless, he only appeared during a boss battle. If you want this to continue this way you would have to accept that Supernova comes into play if we are talking about Safer Sephiroth

AuraAngel
Scream doesn't have time to entertain your Supernova theory. He's too busy being the only one who believes balls of electricity are teh coolest.

Granted I don't think all of the cutscenes in the game like that should be cut. Just Supernova, which is just confusing in how it is supposed to work in the story.

BloodRain
Meteor was meant to wound the planet, not to destroy it. We are using Safer Sephiroth, without those "pretty visuals" he is featless and we can't back up his strength and thus this debate is fairly useless, even when Supernova has been stated to be one of Sephiroth's abilities confused Yes, he's featless. All we can do with his is powerscale.

Like in another game with the strongest telekinesis being able to throw trucks, to a similar animation where the moon is dropped on Earth. Or Kirby who in his split the planet with a punch, when he's fairly weak. They're just visuals, visuals that are lightyears ahead of any of their powers.

ScreamPaste
I'm not trying to downplay anything. Did Hyrule Historia get an official English release??

If you are not going to accept it, I would request the OP to change this to base Sephiroth or AC Sephiroth because then Safer Sephiroth is featless, he only appeared during a boss battle. If you want this to continue this way you would have to accept that Supernova comes into play if we are talking about Safer Sephiroth I'm not on board with this debate at all, tbh. FD Link is too much of an unknown. I'm just here to disagree with stellar destruction levels for Sephiroth. stick out tongue

Edit: and yeah, HH did get an official English release under Dark Horse. Whether the translation is perfect has never been said. No news is probably good news though.

AuraAngel
Safer Sephiroth could just turn him into a frog couldn't he? I know FD Link comes from MM so I know he doesn't have the MS.

My Zelda knowledge is not the greatest.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Safer Sephiroth could just turn him into a frog couldn't he? I know FD Link comes from MM so I know he doesn't have the MS.

My Zelda knowledge is not the greatest.
FD Link is a freakin' anomaly. Until HH was released in English whether the mask was ever even used in canon was an unkown, now we know it was used to defeat Majora, but as to whether it was PIS or what can't be said. It has 0 feats, but it's supposed to be very powerful. FD Link might even be as strong as adult Link or stronger, but we have no idea.

Majora can polymorph bitches and age/de-age them on a whim, has soul attacking magic, powerful TK, etc. FD Link came out on top apparently but how is a mystery. Majora may never have used those. Maybe FD Link has contractual boss immunity. Can't say, so I'm not willing to make claims. Majora would be a lot better character to throw into a thread, though, since he has actual feats.

but yeah, Seph can't explode the solar system. uhuh

XanatosForever
Didn't the Fierce Deity Mask turn out to be Sealed Evil in a Can that Link was able to wield through sheer force of will?

trexalfa
I don't think powerscaling is of much use here. Safer Sephiroth is a product of Sephiroth's shapeshifting, the only adventages it has over base Sephiroth are size and appeareance (god-like)

trexalfa
And now I remember one thing that proves Supernova as Sephiroth's ultimate attack, and not some flashy boss attack.

The FF VII Compilation Ultimania Guide mentions Supernova AND describes it, in the description it is mentioned that the Sun explodes in a Supernova. So the animation isn't as vague as Scream claims

Link here:
http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/translations/523/sephiroth-character-profile-p76-81/

And again, if everyone is fine is because of gameplay.

CosmicComet
Sorry, but what does that link do but describe a move we've already seen in the gameplay?

Sephiroth needed the Black Materia simply to wound the planet enough to bathe in the lifestream.

Him having that type of power on his own would make that necessity obsolete.

Supernova is a canon move, sure, but it does not have the power its visuals suggest. Sephiroth can't survive a supernova of his own creation when he's been damaged by less.

trexalfa
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Sorry, but what does that link do but describe a move we've already seen in the gameplay?

Sephiroth needed the Black Materia simply to wound the planet enough to bathe in the lifestream.

Him having that type of power on his own would make that necessity obsolete.

Supernova is a canon move, sure, but it does not have the power its visuals suggest. Sephiroth can't survive a supernova of his own creation when he's been damaged by less.

It is a canon description of the move, and it carries the creation of a Supernova and the destruction of half our system. Meteor was meant to wound the planet.

If he survived it is because of gameplay. AC Sephiroth is stronger than Chaos and Omega, really it is so difficult to believe that Sephiroth can do that?? Even when it is stated in source book (by TEXT!, not visuals)??

CosmicComet
It's not simply gameplay, the supernova expands and swallows Sephiroth and he's ignoring it the entire time. Yes, Meteor was meant to wound the planet. If Sephiroth had so much power, he could have wounded the planet himself.

The whole point of the black materia was to summon a meteor large enough to significantly wound the planet. Now you're telling me he could summon one so large that he could one shot planets the whole time?

trexalfa
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It's not simply gameplay, the supernova expands and swallows Sephiroth and he's ignoring it the entire time. Yes, Meteor was meant to wound the planet. If Sephiroth had so much power, he could have wounded the planet himself.

The whole point of the black materia was to summon a meteor large enough to significantly wound the planet. Now you're telling me he could summon one so large that he could one shot planets the whole time?

I'm not telling you it, the Ultimania Guide is telling you it, and it is a source book written by the writers of the game. They could have described Octoslash or even Heartless Angel, but they describe Supernova... exactly as the animation depicts it.

Being able to create such meteor doesn't imply that he could have created one with a lesser degree of power by himself

CosmicComet
It's describing a move we've already seen before.

Nothing special. It does not confirm sun-busting power, and in no way does it override the strict plot requirement that Sephiroth needed the meteor's power to significantly wound the planet. Sorry, but why can he only summon sun-busting meteors and not city sized meteors again? That's like, the very opposite of a no-limits fallacy.

What does he even need the lifestream for if he can bust the sun by itself, something the lifestream would not have the power to overcome--seeing as the shit barely beat a city sized meteor in conjuction with Holy.

It's a sham move.

AuraAngel
I don't see how you can say the Lifestream barely beat meteor. Can you adequately judge the amount of effort it took? huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.