Frankenstein (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Looks like Hollywood is prepping to film one of the great novels of all time again: James McAvoy in talks to play Frankenstein.

Paul McGuigan to direct. Daniel Radcliffe will play Igor.

My hopes are not high seeing as it sounds like they're changing everything again. erm

Kazenji
A script from Max Landis

should be good

as for the book itself i've never read it.

super pr*xy
I read somewhere that aaron Eckhart is playing the monster, right?

Robtard
That's a different Frankenstein movie based off a graphic novel. I, Frankenstein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Frankenstein

siriuswriter
It's more of a reboot of the black and white "Frankenstein," complete with the lightning scene and the "It's ALIVE!!!!"

In Shelley's novel, there is none of the above, and it's really, really much creepier. It just says that Dr. Frankenstein finds some way to bring the creature to life, like using a certain chemical or connecting ligaments in a certain way. That monster is intelligent.

But the old Boris Karloff one is the green monster, with the stitching and the bolts and everything. Completely Old Hollywood.

Patient_Leech
The Wachowskis need to start a Doc Frankenstein franchise... lol

http://www.burlymanentertainment.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/06_doc_cover_big.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
That's a different Frankenstein movie based off a graphic novel. I, Frankenstein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Frankenstein

Got a feeling that one will be shit

didn't get good reactions at the Comic-con.

Kazenji
The name of the movie is 'Victor Frankenstein'

oh and here's the trailer

Yb4ZUjvQH_w

marwash22
is this part of the Universal Monster universe they were talking about creating after 'Dracula Untold'?

steverules_2
Yup

Quincy
I'm down for Max Landis projects

marwash22
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yup cool.

anyhow, this looks very 'Sherlock Holmes' inspired.

Robtard
Yeah, got that feeling too, was hoping for a serious book adaptation when I first heard about this, but maybe goofy-action will work with these two.

marwash22
^ ditto. I would have preferred a more serious tone, but I wasn't offended by the trailer.

However, i really hope they're more serious when they get around to Invisible Man and Wolfman.

Kazenji
I'm more looking forward to the Creature from the black lagoon remake, Seeing what they do with it with today's technology Since it's never been remade previously...to my knowledge.

steverules_2
When I heard Radcliffe was gonna play Igor I thought we'd get weird eyed hunch back Igor, seems I thought wrong

Esau Cairn
Anyone see Radcliffe in Horns?
Good to see he can shake off the Potter persona.

marwash22
Yeah. Good movie.

BruceSkywalker
might see this but wanna see another trailer before deciding

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
^ ditto. I would have preferred a more serious tone, but I wasn't offended by the trailer.

However, i really hope they're more serious when they get around to Invisible Man and Wolfman.

I thought I read that Del Toro's Wolfman was the one being used? But he died, so it is likely they're redoing it.

On that note, do hope they stick with a seriuus horror flick for WM, also hope they make it a period piece again. Rather liked Wolfman overall, despite the generally low reviews.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
The name of the movie is 'Victor Frankenstein'

oh and here's the trailer

Yb4ZUjvQH_w

Hmm.. I have massive amounts of apathy for this now. I was almost too apathetic to post...

sleep

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
I thought I read that Del Toro's Wolfman was the one being used? But he died, so it is likely they're redoing it.

On that note, do hope they stick with a seriuus horror flick for WM, also hope they make it a period piece again. Rather liked Wolfman overall, despite the generally low reviews. i figure all the "origin" movies will follow the 'Dracula Untold' model and be period pieces, then go into the present at the end of the movie.

wakkawakkawakka
Well whatever they do with Frankenstein I hope they at least decided on a specific tone that they want to use when they finally decide to have the monster come together: assuming Universal does this at some point.

marwash22
I just hope hope Frankenstei's Monster is handled better then he was in 'Van Helsing'. that shit was turrible.

marwash22
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm more looking forward to the Creature from the black lagoon remake, Seeing what they do with it with today's technology Since it's never been remade previously...to my knowledge. i have never actually seen any Creature from the Black Lagoon movie.

they're all probably dated as hell at this point.

i could see the potential for a really good horror movie though.

Robtard
I just hope hope Frankenstei's Monster is handled better then he was in 'Van Helsing'. that shit was turrible.

Just from the few glimpses in the preview, it looks like a hulking heavily scared hideous human, which has some similarities with Shelly's description, not the ridiculous clock-work clownshow that was in VH.

Kazenji
i have never actually seen any Creature from the Black Lagoon movie.

they're all probably dated as hell at this point.

i could see the potential for a really good horror movie though.

I remember watching the original movie a few years ago, It was decent but yeah the special effects were a product of his time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.