Thor vs Black adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
who wins

Endless Mike
Thor

tkitna
Thor

pym-ftw
Thor

abhilegend
Adam.

Golgo13
Close, but I'm going with Adam.

Damborgson
Thor for a solid majority

abhilegend
Anything more than 6/10 would be underselling adam.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson

cdtm
Black Adam, with ease.

Bentley
Originally posted by cdtm
Black Adam, with ease.

laughing out loud

Nibedicus
Thor. Good fight tho.

7/10.

wolverinos
IMO Black adam, i can see a good brawl but eventually thor falls down to black adam.
black adam more durable, stronger, faster, and much more vicious.
i can see black adam ripping thor eyes and doing crazy things to him, things thor will simply not think to do.

Bentley
It would not take much thinking to lodge a hammer into Adam's skull though.

deathlife
Thor

wolverinos
Originally posted by Bentley
It would not take much thinking to lodge a hammer into Adam's skull though.

you are putting it as if it ever worked.
in all the fights thor had he always lauched the hammer into someones skull, not only did it never put anyone out but in many cases the hammer didnt really help him to win against mid - high heralds.
hell low heralds and metas took his hammer assaults and were fine, i dont really think his hammer strikes are something that will make too much trouble to black adam.
if anything black adam took punches from a non holding back superman which i find more impressive than any physical damage thor can dish out with or without the hammer.

mighty adam
Thor if its a forum battle and hes bloodlusted. Adam if its comic Thor who tries to bawl with his trash durability.

Bentley
Originally posted by wolverinos
if anything black adam took punches from a non holding back superman which i find more impressive than any physical damage thor can dish out with or without the hammer.

I don't disagree with that last part, but I don't think Adam stands a chance at all against a non-holding back Kal. He has nothing that can stand against Clark's high feats.

pym-ftw
Lotta lowballing in here

Golgo13
Can't wait til Bran gets here and says Adam rips off both Beta Ray Bill's and Thor's face off at the same time. wink

carver9
Could go either way.

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
Could go either way.

What you mean is that they both beat Hulk senseless?

mighty adam
Could go either way. I agree again something is wrong you are turning away from the dark side.

Damborgson

thumb up

ares834
Could go either way.

carver9

Hulk can beat both of them at the same time.

abhilegend
thumb upOriginally posted by carver9
Hulk can beat both of them at the same time.
He can beat both of their dicks with his anus like he is doing in your sig. After all his anus is the strongest one there is.

quanchi112
What you mean is that they both beat Hulk senseless? Hulk isn't in this thread.

cdtm
I don't disagree with that last part, but I don't think Adam stands a chance at all against a non-holding back Kal. He has nothing that can stand against Clark's high feats.

Does this logic extend to Captain Marvel?

the Darkone

wolverinos
Black adam for a solid majority

celeyhyga17
Could go either way. Seems logical to me.
thumb up

Slight edge to Thor.

wolverinos
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Seems logical to me.
thumb up

Slight edge to Thor.

hmm... thor avatar... title name asgardian... and a thor signature.....
ammm never could have guessed you would choose thor

celeyhyga17
hmm... thor avatar... title name asgardian... and a thor signature.....
ammm never could have guessed you would choose thor
Sherlock's on the case!

eek!

wolverinos
Sherlock's on the case!

eek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CLlZuiBkQ

Space M ummy
If Thor fights like an idiot and just pounds adam senseless, Thor 6/10.

If Thor remembers a fraction of the shit Mjolnir can actually do, it's a stomp. Thor 10/10.

Golgo13
Could go either way.

Basically this, but i feel safer going with Adam.

Damborgson
They're roughly equal in physical stats (excluding speed) except Thor has a big scary reality warping hammer.

-Pr-
People love to exaggerate his fight with Superman, though at this point I really shouldn't be surprised.

Thor wins, though not easily imo.

Philosophía
Black Adam.

I don't disagree with that last part, but I don't think Adam stands a chance at all against a non-holding back Kal. He has nothing that can stand against Clark's high feats. Black Adam is basically one of, if not the only guy from DC, whose combat performances approach Superman's. The fact that he is a villain makes it only more impressive.

wolverinos
Originally posted by Space M ummy
If Thor fights like an idiot and just pounds adam senseless, Thor 6/10.

If Thor remembers a fraction of the shit Mjolnir can actually do, it's a stomp. Thor 10/10.

wow.... someones a little biased here.
not a single chance thor is going to beat adam in a physical slag it out fest.
adam is faster, stronger, more durable, and the better brawler.
plus his dirty fighting such as ripping eyes and making damage is not going to work very well for thor.

thor using his powers? what will he do? use lightning on adam? will it even work on adam? beside that adam will be right in his face powers or no powers and will dictate the pace and the terms of the fight.
if you think adam will just float and wait for thor to use all his powers on him one by one you are very wrong.

janus77
How close to Superman levels, is Black Adam?

Never really got an indication of where Adam stands in general. I figure he's around the same level as CM, but being that I dislike cheesy characters and especially "kids with powers", I never read that stuff so ...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
They're roughly equal in physical stats (excluding speed) except Thor has a big scary reality warping hammer.
Nah, adam is stronger and more durable.

curryman
Stalemate.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by janus77
I dislike cheesy characters and especially "kids with powers", I never read that stuff so ...
Why do you hate the whimsy and wonder of superhero comics?

curryman
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why do you hate the whimsy and wonder of superhero comics?
He prefers the depth of modern-day Hulk to the simplicity of Captain Marvel laughing

janus77
Originally posted by curryman
He prefers the depth of modern-day Hulk to the simplicity of Captain Marvel laughing
I prefer the depth of Wonder Woman's cleavage to that pussy. cool

Rage.Of.Olympus
Probably a stalemate on average but Thor wins when push comes to shove. Just flat out more powerful.

wow.... someones a little biased here.
not a single chance thor is going to beat adam in a physical slag it out fest.
adam is faster, stronger, more durable, and the better brawler.
plus his dirty fighting such as ripping eyes and making damage is not going to work very well for thor.

thor using his powers? what will he do? use lightning on adam? will it even work on adam? beside that adam will be right in his face powers or no powers and will dictate the pace and the terms of the fight.
if you think adam will just float and wait for thor to use all his powers on him one by one you are very wrong.

Ridiculous. You don't think Thor has even a small chance at beating Adam in close combat? Bunch of nonsense. Thor's physically more formidable then Adam with Mjolnir for the record. He'd beat Adam in a brawl with the hammer.

Easily debatable that Adam is stronger and he's not more durable or a better brawler.

Why wouldn't lightning work on Adam?

Golgo13
I think durability is close on both ends.

namorsubby
Black Adam

curryman
Rage.

If Thor beats Adam in a brawl, then how is it not a stomp with the hammer?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage.

If Thor beats Adam in a brawl, then how is it not a stomp with the hammer?

What do you mean with the hammer? Yes, Thor beats Adam in a brawl with Mjolnir and would edge him out in a fight. That's how it'd go on average.

If by the hammer you mean using his more powerful attacks and cutting loose? Then yes, Thor would wreck Adam's shit very thoroughly if he fought on that level.

curryman
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean with the hammer? Yes, Thor beats Adam in a brawl with Mjolnir and would edge him out in a fight. That's how it'd go on average.

If by the hammer you mean using his more powerful attacks and cutting loose? Then yes, Thor would wreck Adam's shit very thoroughly if he fought on that level.

Then what's Adam doing in the mid-herald tier?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then what's Adam doing in the mid-herald tier?

You feel he should be lower? That's your prerogative. It doesn't change what I said one bit however.

Mindset
To be fair, Rage doesn't know shit.

curryman
You feel he should be lower? That's your prerogative. It doesn't change what I said one bit however.

You're not responding to my point.

What is Black Adam doing around Thor's level, if Thor destroys him so badly in a fight? (which is like all BA has)

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're not responding to my point.

What is Black Adam doing around Thor's level, if Thor destroys him so badly in a fight? (which is like all BA has)

Are you blind or just choosing not to read?

I specifically said it's either a stalemate or Thor edges him out on average. You brought up the hammer and I specified that if Thor's cutting loose with his higher end attacks that he wrecks Adam. Which he does.

That assessment isn't going to change no matter what tier Black Adam is in.

curryman
Are you blind or just choosing not to read?

I specifically said it's either a stalemate or Thor edges him out on average. You brought up the hammer and I specified that if Thor's cutting loose with his higher end attacks that he wrecks Adam. Which he does.

That assessment isn't going to change no matter what tier Black Adam is in.

Okay. I wasn't looking for you to change your opinion.

I wanted your opinion on Black Adam's placement, being so close to Thor when Thor cutting loose apparently wrecks him.

Do you think he should be lower?

abhilegend
Rage thinks Thor would wreck anybody when he has mjolnir. Its not his fault though, those golden locks have fooled many.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Probably a stalemate on average but Thor wins when push comes to shove. Just flat out more powerful.

Ridiculous. You don't think Thor has even a small chance at beating Adam in close combat? Bunch of nonsense. Thor's physically more formidable then Adam with Mjolnir for the record. He'd beat Adam in a brawl with the hammer.

Easily debatable that Adam is stronger and he's not more durable or a better brawler.

Its not debatable that Adam is stronger. He is certainly stronger and more durable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay. I wasn't looking for you to change your opinion.

I wanted your opinion on Black Adam's placement, being so close to Thor when Thor cutting loose apparently wrecks him.

Do you think he should be lower?

Alright then.

I think he's fine where he is. Thor going all out and busting his high end attacks is something very few Heralds if any can overcome. Not straight up.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Rage thinks Thor would wreck anybody when he has mjolnir. Its not his fault though, those golden locks have fooled many.
Its not debatable that Adam is stronger. He is certainly stronger and more durable.

It is debatable. Haven't you already learned not to come in and flaunt your opinions as facts?

Durability is even more disputable. Adam is more invulnerable (To piercing damage and such) I guess but that's irrelevant in a fight between the two. And his only possible advantage.

psycho gundam
black adam's special power is the lack of pro BA scans he needs in 95% of black adam threads

celeyhyga17
Rage thinks Thor would wreck anybody when he has mjolnir. Its not his fault though, those golden locks have fooled many.
surprise

Debatable.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
black adam's special power is the lack of pro BA scans he needs in 95% of black adam threads
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/386/0004wrdtfv9.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/92/0004xpfwir7.jpg/

If he can do that to a JL+ being, then he can do that to Thor.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk isn't in this thread.

One day you'll learn to recognize a joke my friend.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/386/0004wrdtfv9.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/92/0004xpfwir7.jpg/

If he can do that to a JL+ being, then he can do that to Thor.

Amazo always comes with a qualifier.

wolverinos

well you believe thor to be overall more powerful and i believe otherwise.
just because thor got more different abilities doesnt conclude overall power.
adam may have only physical attributes and lightning but i dont see thor being able to damage adam badly, nor do i see adam giving thor a chance to use his overall different powers on him, without adam being right in his face and forcing him to melee fight.

as for a brawl? i am not stating that black adam is much more physically superior to thor, however eventually he wins them all.
adam physically is stronger, he is faster and more durable than thor no doubt.
thor would easily fall to the things adam takes on average, i am not talking about high end feats i am talking about their standard.
thor is known to not have very good durability when it comes to brawling out.
also thor has no real skills aside of brawling, see fights vs tutinax, see fights with hulk, just plain and simple brawling.
adam is on another level as fighter and he is actually using fighting strategies.
the hammer is a buff but it never really made too much difference, watch 90% of thors melee fights they are alway done with his hammer and many of them he loses in the first place.

overall i dont see thor physically being able to put black adam down, however adam can do it.

wolverinos

now i get it, you are just extremely biased

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
adam may have only physical attributes and lightning but i dont see thor being able to damage adam badly, nor do i see adam giving thor a chance to use his overall different powers on him, without adam being right in his face and forcing him to melee fight.

as for a brawl? i am not stating that black adam is much more physically superior to thor, however eventually he wins them all.
thor would easily fall to the things adam takes on average, i am not talking about high end feats i am talking about their standard.
also thor has no real skills aside of brawling, see fights vs tutinax, see fights with hulk, just plain and simple brawling.
adam is on another level as fighter and he is actually using fighting strategies.
the hammer is a buff but it never really made too much difference, watch 90% of thors melee fights they are alway done with his hammer and many of them he loses in the first place.

overall i dont see thor physically being able to put black adam down, however adam can do it.

Browse a respect thread then. ODG has an excellent one on this board. I'm not going to enter a discussion with someone who thinks Thor's the equivalent of the Thing physically and he loses most of his fights.

You don't think he can damage Adam badly? He has poor durability when it comes brawling? What kind of ridiculous nonsense is that.

The idea that Adam is physically stronger and durable is very much debatable and far from conclusive. Thor's also displayed more skill in hand to hand then Adam has as far as I've seen. Definitely superior in power though.

Anyways, I advise you educate yourself before spouting nonsense. If you want, I can barrage you with scans I guess if you want. Ultimately we'll reach the same conclusion though.

abhilegend
Alright then.

I think he's fine where he is. Thor going all out and busting his high end attacks is something very few Heralds if any can overcome. Not straight up.

It is debatable. Haven't you already learned not to come in and flaunt your opinions as facts?

Durability is even more disputable. Adam is more invulnerable (To piercing damage and such) I guess but that's irrelevant in a fight between the two. And his only possible advantage.
It isn't.

Adam is certainly more durable overall.

Bentley
Tutinax would murder Teth wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
It isn't.

Adam is certainly more durable overall.

They have comparable feats. With that in mind, how can you say Adam being stronger isn't debatable? What kind of nonsense is that?

Adam vs. Thor battle zone in terms of durability?

CosmicComet
Tutinax would murder Teth wink

Woah Woah WOAH.

Tutinax is good enough to beat the breaks off of Thor, twice even. But that's Thor!

uhuh

Zack Fair
Come on Thor was on drugs back then.

Cut the guy some slack.

CosmicComet
Tutinax was the Clubber Lang to Thor's Rocky.

He beat him down physically and verbally with taunts.

Except, there probably ain't gon' be no rematch. You can see Tutinax even whispering that in Thor's ear while he has him held down in their last encounter. "Ain't gon' be no rematch Thor, ain't gon' be no rematch."

Rage.Of.Olympus
What is it about Thor in particular that drives people into being so obsessed with his low showings? Even if his good ones overshadow them by far?

Helspont embarrassed Superman far worse but that shit rarely comes up for example. Last week the First Born made Wonder Woman/Orion his b*tches and I haven't even seen it mentioned.

CosmicComet
If you're referring to me, I'm just having some fun.

Zack Fair
Heh.

Overly Attached GF Rage

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not about you specifically, just in general.

The arc ended with Thor containing the Orb which was tearing the fabric of reality apart and was about to end creation. Crazy feat and I don't think anyone's even brought it up.

Zack Fair
Ignore janus and you'll be fine.

wolverinos
Browse a respect thread then. ODG has an excellent one on this board. I'm not going to enter a discussion with someone who thinks Thor's the equivalent of the Thing physically and he loses most of his fights.

You don't think he can damage Adam badly? He has poor durability when it comes brawling? What kind of ridiculous nonsense is that.

The idea that Adam is physically stronger and durable is very much debatable and far from conclusive. Thor's also displayed more skill in hand to hand then Adam has as far as I've seen. Definitely superior in power though.

Anyways, I advise you educate yourself before spouting nonsense. If you want, I can barrage you with scans I guess if you want. Ultimately we'll reach the same conclusion though.

of course with all the years thor has been on the market, plus a major hero he got tons of comics with showings, among those tons of comics there is no doubt in mind he got some crazy feats.
however the majority and the standard of his feats is not what you are trying to portray here.

yes, many brawling fights and specially withthe way thor is writen for the past years ,dont end up very well for him.
thor doesnt have the durability to match black adam as simple as that.
adam took an angry superman punches , took on half of DC heroes roster.
Thor will never be able to accomplish something like that.
hulk beats thor to pulp when the brawling extend.
the U foes took him down, in almost every brawl you see thor bleeding and low - mid heralds are able to hang with him perfectly fine.
this is not the case with black adam, black adam is a a totally different beast when it comes to brawling, i am sorry but please read both adam comics and thor comics without any biased opinion and understand the most obvious.

what? i am sorry what skills did thor present in H2H? he brawls out like the hulk or any other dumb brick.
what? when he kicked hercules in the balls? when he was human and showed some level of skills?
again black adam demonstrated dirty fighting techniques in most of his fights.
ripping off body parts, going for lethal spots in the physique, all those indicate a deep knowledge of fighting and will to utilize that on the field.
if thor was able to fight the way adam does, hulk tutinax and many others would go down within several blows.

you advice me to educate myself? i advice you to look at things in a non biased manner, because even if you read comics for years and got knowledge, being biased to this point makes you look like a novice.

and between you and me? we both know that A: the scans you can present are 1% among his entire showings.
B: 99.5% of the scans will be from the 70s or 80s , because we know very well thor is no longer what he was portrayed in the past for a very long time now.

pym-ftw
What are you talking about?

Thor is certainly as powerful today as he was in his "classic days" and really WW3 Bladam fought a team that was holding back...

So... Why don't you think a hammer shot to the face will hurt Bladam.

abhilegend
They have comparable feats. With that in mind, how can you say Adam being stronger isn't debatable? What kind of nonsense is that?

Adam vs. Thor battle zone in terms of durability?
Compare Adam wrecking Power Girl at 1/3 of his power by a thunderclap to any showing thor has against top tiers.

Nope. Felled again that for once.

Spire
Black Adam strangles Thor with his own hair.

Supreme Victory.

Philosophía
Black Adam's average fights against teams of heralds are the highlight of Thor's career.

Blood & Thunder is basically just another day in Black Adam's JSA confrontations.

wolverinos

celeyhyga17
What is it about Thor in particular that drives people into being so obsessed with his low showings? Even if his good ones overshadow them by far?

Helspont embarrassed Superman far worse but that shit rarely comes up for example. Last week the First Born made Wonder Woman/Orion his b*tches and I haven't even seen it mentioned.
Most peeps aren't into Vikings?

Beats me...

curryman

Probably because Thor's always getting PIS'd by popular characters.

celeyhyga17

wolverinos
Probably because Thor's always getting PIS'd by popular characters.

but if as you claim he is "always" portrayed in a certain way, that means that certain way cant be PIS because thats the majority and his normal.

curryman
but if as you claim he is "always" portrayed in a certain way, that means that certain way cant be PIS because thats the majority and his normal.

Always in the sense that his low showings are always to popular characters, not in the sense that he is always getting punked by everyone no expression

Omega Vision
Black Adam 7/10

curryman
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Black Adam 7/10
hI3QdffXMwE

abhilegend
lol1
Considering Blood and Thunder Thor was punked by an injured BRB, that's giving Thor too much credit. The sissy couldn't knock out Adam Warlock with a two handed charged mjolnir attack to the back. Adam was knocked out by a rock three issues later.

laughing out loud

curryman
Considering Blood and Thunder Thor was punked by an injured BRB, that's giving Thor too much credit. The sissy couldn't knock out Adam Warlock with a two handed charged mjolnir attack to the back. Adam was knocked out by a rock three issues later.

laughing out loud
Friend, your mad is showing.

Please calm down.

wolverinos
Always in the sense that his low showings are always to popular characters, not in the sense that he is always getting punked by everyone no expression

so you dont think thor is a popular character? rolling on floor laughing
your statement could reflect the things with sabretooth for example.
however claiming such a thing for thor is hilarious.

if anything thor is the hero and black adam is the bad guy, and on top of that thor has by far more appearances than black adam, with such steeps thor should easily outclass black adam as far as showing, but he doesnt Lol

conclusion is... black adam is just above thor physically as easy as that.

wolverinos
i also find it funny how Rulk and thing actually did better than thor vs phoenix force namor.
phoenix force namor took a full power blow from thor with mjolnir to the back of his head and was fine, however it seems like Rulk hits were effecting him more than the strongest hit thor could dish out.

curryman
so you dont think thor is a popular character? rolling on floor laughing
your statement could reflect the things with sabretooth for example.
however claiming such a thing for thor is hilarious.

if anything thor is the hero and black adam is the bad guy, and on top of that thor has by far more appearances than black adam, with such steeps thor should easily outclass black adam as far as showing, but he doesnt Lol

conclusion is... black adam is just above thor physically as easy as that.
If you knew anything about how Thor's books have struggled the last years...

The movie did his popularity some good, but he's being forced into more earthbound adventures, since the people he's become more popular with seem to be the same brand of idiots that gravitate towards more simpler comics. Things like Astonishing Thor could never survive.

And I said "more" popular characters. Such as Wolverine, Hulk, etc.

abhilegend
Friend, your mad is showing.

Please calm down.
See how Adam is knocked out here while Thor attacks him with a double handed mjolnir strike to back?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock06.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock07.jpg

Four issues later

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16401638_2788322-08.jpg

Spire
I really honestly truly seriously completely definitively believe that given BA's ferocity and formidably that he would grab Thor by his long flowing bar wench locks and slam his face into the pavement then choke him out for a flawless victory. Then he'd give him a $40 Walmart giftcard.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Spire
I really honestly truly seriously completely definitively believe that given BA's ferocity and formidably that he would grab Thor by his long flowing bar wench locks and slam his face into the pavement then choke him out for a flawless victory. Then he'd give him a $40 Walmart giftcard.
Definitely possible.

mmm

curryman
See how Adam is knocked out here while Thor attacks him with a double handed mjolnir strike to back?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock06.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock07.jpg

Four issues later

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16401638_2788322-08.jpg

Is this a serious post?

the Darkone
Originally posted by -Pr-
People love to exaggerate his fight with Superman, though at this point I really shouldn't be surprised.

Thor wins, though not easily imo.

Pretty much thumb up

abhilegend
Is this a serious post?
What do you think?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Compare Adam wrecking Power Girl at 1/3 of his power by a thunderclap to any showing thor has against top tiers.

Nope. Felled again that for once.

Compare Thor beating up an Ulik who was thousands of times more powerful to that.

But you're so certain that Adam is more durable then Thor. At least admit you have no confidence in your position if you aren't willing to debate their durability in a conclusive environment.

Rage.Of.Olympus
of course with all the years thor has been on the market, plus a major hero he got tons of comics with showings, among those tons of comics there is no doubt in mind he got some crazy feats.
however the majority and the standard of his feats is not what you are trying to portray here.

So what, any showing I post is automatically invalid because you think it's a high end feat? That's a nice little safety net you've constructed for yourself. Unfortunately that's not how it works. Especially since you go on to bring up World War III below. And at the same time bring up Tutinax and go in the completely opposite direction.

yes, many brawling fights and specially withthe way thor is writen for the past years ,dont end up very well for him.
thor doesnt have the durability to match black adam as simple as that.
adam took an angry superman punches , took on half of DC heroes roster.
Thor will never be able to accomplish something like that.
hulk beats thor to pulp when the brawling extend.
the U foes took him down, in almost every brawl you see thor bleeding and low - mid heralds are able to hang with him perfectly fine.
this is not the case with black adam, black adam is a a totally different beast when it comes to brawling, i am sorry but please read both adam comics and thor comics without any biased opinion and understand the most obvious.

what? i am sorry what skills did thor present in H2H? he brawls out like the hulk or any other dumb brick.
what? when he kicked hercules in the balls? when he was human and showed some level of skills?
again black adam demonstrated dirty fighting techniques in most of his fights.
ripping off body parts, going for lethal spots in the physique, all those indicate a deep knowledge of fighting and will to utilize that on the field.
if thor was able to fight the way adam does, hulk tutinax and many others would go down within several blows.

you advice me to educate myself? i advice you to look at things in a non biased manner, because even if you read comics for years and got knowledge, being biased to this point makes you look like a novice.

Thor has better durability feats then Adam, as simple as that. Claiming he can't match Adam is ridiculous.

laughing out loud You want to talk about averages but bring up World War III then try and lowball Thor (Because Hulk would f*ck up Adam in an extended brawl) as evidence. Typical nonsensical tactics based on ignorance.

You need to stop treating Thor like he's Colossus in comparison to Black Adam. It's starting to get annoying. Are you going to read a respect thread or pick up some Thor books? I can barrage you with scans alternatively but then you'd just disappear and all these posts will be pointless in the end.

Yes, Thor has demonstrated more skill then Adam has. And ferocity =/= skill. Not to mention that Thor can be just as brutal as Adam.

This isn't some sissy JSA members, if Adam fights dirty, Thor will fight dirty. Thor's a viking and has been honed by many years of brutal and violent combat that would make Adam wet his pants. He's dismembered opponents and done all the little things that get you hard about Adam. Except he's also shown skill in fighting. In the last issue of his recent series, he bit out Gorr's eyeball btw. no expression

and between you and me? we both know that A: the scans you can present are 1% among his entire showings.
B: 99.5% of the scans will be from the 70s or 80s , because we know very well thor is no longer what he was portrayed in the past for a very long time now.

Again, not going to work on me. If you make a claim and I post counter scans, you don't just get to ignore them because you think they are high end showings.

Thor's feats in the last five years are better then anything Adam's done.

h1a8
Adam wins. Much faster and Thor's weakness is lack of the hammer.
Thor can lose the hammer in various ways.
For example, a good rock will cause Thor to drop it, Thor missing a throw, etc.

Branlor Swift
Thor missing a throw will cause him to lose his hammer. Do you hear that rage?

I know I shouldn't respond to anything you say because it's all trolling, but that is just too much.

Estacado
Rage loses.

abhilegend
Compare Thor beating up an Ulik who was thousands of times more powerful to that.

But you're so certain that Adam is more durable then Thor. At least admit you have no confidence in your position if you aren't willing to debate their durability in a conclusive environment.
Hyperboles ftw.

Nah, its just that I know what you're up to.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hyperboles ftw.

Nah, its just that I know what you're up to.

Even assuming that Ulik was powered up to 1/10th of the degree that he claimed (Which of course is ridiculous), it still far more impressive then the Adam feat.

What am I up to? Tell me my grand scheme. I challenged you to a battle zone. It's very simple, we pick judges and make our cases. Stop passing off Adam having superior durability as fact if you don't have enough confidence in your position to back it up.

Blue Area Vet

Game, set, match.

Blue Area Vet
wow, you just said in 2 lines what i was trying to tell with all my posts. good job

we saw what happened when thor was trying to go up against a team.
the U FOES? yep a team of high metas - low heralds... and it ended up very very bad for thor.

adam is one shotting heralds and wrecking teams, thor in a physical confrontation is not in this league.

How did he do against Galactus when he literally plowed through his head? Thor would absolutely whop Black Adam's arse, hammer or not.

Blue Area Vet

laughing out loud

Thor was fighting Celestials when D.C. was ripping off Dr. Spock. Thor would easily rip his ears off and give them back to Namor before forcing him to call a lighting strike that Thor would redirect at BA's little ball sack.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by psycho gundam

laughing

But yeah, he rips arms off, so..... rolling on floor laughing

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Thor was fighting Celestials when D.C. was ripping off Dr. Spock. Thor would easily rip his ears off and give them back to Namor before forcing him to call a lighting strike that Thor would redirect at BA's little ball sack.
Correction... He would bite his ears off.

Thor's a biter. It's an attribute that goes very well with his long locks...

stick out tongue

Blue Area Vet

Ask Sentry's ghost about what the hammer can do.

Zack Fair
Apparently it can't completely murder him.

cdtm
No way of getting around the fact Thor lost to the U Foes, of all people. Those no account nobodies never beat anyone worth a damn:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/HeroesForHire1p11_zpsa49b5753.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/HeroesForHire1p12_zpsd76e3e8d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/HeroesForHire1p13_zps453925e5.jpg

Call them when they beat someone that matters. sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
For the record, the U-Foes, and especially Vector are incredibly powerful. They attacked him with all they had to the point they were drained IIRC. Not to mention all the Hood goons were amped by the Norn Stones and it took a bunch of them including Sentry to temporarily take down Thor. But whatever, facts like that are irrelevant

abhilegend
Even assuming that Ulik was powered up to 1/10th of the degree that he claimed (Which of course is ridiculous), it still far more impressive then the Adam feat.

What am I up to? Tell me my grand scheme. I challenged you to a battle zone. It's very simple, we pick judges and make our cases. Stop passing off Adam having superior durability as fact if you don't have enough confidence in your position to back it up.
He was just boasting off.

Nope.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
For the record, the U-Foes, and especially Vector are incredibly powerful. They attacked him with all they had to the point they were drained IIRC. Not to mention all the Hood goons were amped by the Norn Stones and it took a bunch of them including Sentry to temporarily take down Thor. But whatever, facts like that are irrelevant
They were so powerful that Cap and Nick Fury owned them in the same event. Written by Jonathan Hickman no less.

cdtm

I'm not impressed.

Anyone can win an argument with facts. stick out tongue

There is indeed no shame in losing to the U-Foes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was just boasting off.

Nope.

Ulik gets an on panel magical amp and he was just boasting:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsUlik71.jpg

Is trolling still bannable?

So you aren't confident in your position? Glad we could come to the agreement that Black Adam's supposed superiority in durability is very much debatable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
They were so powerful that Cap and Nick Fury owned them in the same event. Written by Jonathan Hickman no less.

How does Hickman writing PIS make it any less dumber? Of course at some point Captain America and the other heroes were powered up by Norn Stones from Loki so it's not necessarily PIS.

cdtm
How does Hickman writing PIS make it any less dumber? Of course at some point Captain America and the other heroes were powered up by Norn Stones from Loki so it's not necessarily PIS.

I read it as a little of both.

There were so many things the U-Foes could have done to Fury and Cap, that they didn't do. They both need to breath, for starters.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The best part was Captain America knocking the teeth out of an energy being and Nick Fury IIRC punching out Vapor who's intangible. But whatever, it's comics. Batman has owned the JLA.

abhilegend
Ulik gets an on panel magical amp and he was just boasting:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsUlik71.jpg

Is trolling still bannable?

So you aren't confident in your position? Glad we could come to the agreement that Black Adam's supposed superiority in durability is very much debatable.
He was increased in power but his exclamation was just boasting. Only you will believe that a guy who was specifically mentioned to be equal in strength to Thor in the very same page and who was getting "stronger thousandfold with every moment" which would make him billions of times stronger than his normal state is not a hyperbole when Thor beat his ass. What, thor is now billions of times stronger than Ulik?

Yeah, at this point you've surpassed h1.

Nope. Adam has better durability than Thor on average.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha. Cap>Thor, deal with it. That was after Loki died IIRC.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was increased in power but his exclamation was just boasting. Only you will believe that a guy who was specifically mentioned to be equal in strength to Thor in the very same page and who was getting "stronger thousandfold with every moment" which would make him billions of times stronger than his normal state is not a hyperbole when Thor beat his ass. What, thor is now billions of times stronger than Ulik?

Yeah, at this point you've surpassed h1.

Nope. Adam has better durability than Thor on average.
Haha. Cap>Thor, deal with it. That was after Loki died IIRC.

So you bring up Black Adam owning Power Girl at 1/3 of his power with a thunder clap and I'm h1 for countering with a far more impressive showing?

As I said that take Ulik at 1/10th of his claim, hell 1/100th, it's still a lot more impressive. You started bringing up high feats, don't get upset that Thor's are a lot better.

So now Adam has better durability on average? Seems you're a lot less confident about your proclamations now. Also, I doubt it.

Sure, Cap > Thor. Except Thor was sucker punched by Sentry and was attacked with a lot more goons. And the U-Foes actually blasted Thor first. We can't say for sure but I doubt it, and this came out at around the same time as New Avengers #10 IIRC where Loki betrayed Osborn and powered up the Avengers.

Badabing
BA wins. Anyone who thinks differently rage-tarded. thumb up

biscuits

abhilegend
So you bring up Black Adam owning Power Girl at 1/3 of his power with a thunder clap and I'm h1 for countering with a far more impressive showing?

As I said that take Ulik at 1/10th of his claim, hell 1/100th, it's still a lot more impressive. You started bringing up high feats, don't get upset that Thor's are a lot better.

So now Adam has better durability on average? Seems you're a lot less confident about your proclamations now. Also, I doubt it.

Sure, Cap > Thor. Except Thor was sucker punched by Sentry and was attacked with a lot more goons. And the U-Foes actually blasted Thor first. We can't say for sure but I doubt it, and this came out at around the same time as New Avengers #10 IIRC where Loki betrayed Osborn and powered up the Avengers.
So you're just speculating at this point? Figured. He wasn't stronger than Thor if Thor beat his ass down. Adam wasn't compared to power girl in strength at full strength when he owned power girl at 1/3 of his strength. Ulik was compared to thor in strength.

Yeah, right. If you're as interested in a BZ, why don't we BZ superman vs Thor?

Nope. Cap owned U-Foes. Thor was owned by them. ABC logic is supreme.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you're just speculating at this point? Figured. He wasn't stronger than Thor if Thor beat his ass down. Adam wasn't compared to power girl in strength at full strength when he owned power girl at 1/3 of his strength. Ulik was compared to thor in strength.

Yeah, right. If you're as interested in a BZ, why don't we BZ superman vs Thor?

Nope. Cap owned U-Foes. Thor was owned by them. ABC logic is supreme.

What the f*ck are you even talking about now? So because Thor beat up Ulik, it automatically invalidates the feat? So because someone claims they are much stronger then Superman and gets beat up, like say, Darkseid, that means the feat doesn't count? Why must you throw out all semblance of logic constantly to the point that the only possible outcomes involves mods or battle zones?

I thought you didn't want to battle zone me, but now you're down for Superman vs. Thor (Who isn't even in this thread btw)? So it wasn't me that stopped you, it was your position based on this new challenge? Why do you keep denying that you lack any confidence in your original claim and keep saying stuff like this?

If you're going to troll me, make it more obvious so I don't have to spend time replying to you with actual facts. I have a hard time telling the difference because of how outlandish your claims usually are.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Badabing
BA wins. Anyone who thinks differently rage-tarded. thumb up

biscuits

Don't mind this notion. Fight could go either way.

But anyone who thinks Bladam is clearly stronger or more durable is abhisolutely out of their mind.
shifty

Golgo13

But anyone who thinks Bladam is clearly stronger or more durable is abhisolutely out of their mind.
shifty

Do you think Adam is more formidable than Billy?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Golgo13
Do you think Adam is more formidable than Billy?
Somewhat.

He holds back less and is more ferocious.

Badabing

shifty Shut up Celery17. sneer

stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up Celery17. sneer

stick out tongue
Okay okay...

Kneeling....

Golgo13
Okay okay...

Kneeling....

I will kneel with you, so you won't be alone. stick out tongue

wolverinos
So what, any showing I post is automatically invalid because you think it's a high end feat? That's a nice little safety net you've constructed for yourself. Unfortunately that's not how it works. Especially since you go on to bring up World War III below. And at the same time bring up Tutinax and go in the completely opposite direction.

Thor has better durability feats then Adam, as simple as that. Claiming he can't match Adam is ridiculous.

laughing out loud You want to talk about averages but bring up World War III then try and lowball Thor (Because Hulk would f*ck up Adam in an extended brawl) as evidence. Typical nonsensical tactics based on ignorance.

You need to stop treating Thor like he's Colossus in comparison to Black Adam. It's starting to get annoying. Are you going to read a respect thread or pick up some Thor books? I can barrage you with scans alternatively but then you'd just disappear and all these posts will be pointless in the end.

Yes, Thor has demonstrated more skill then Adam has. And ferocity =/= skill. Not to mention that Thor can be just as brutal as Adam.

This isn't some sissy JSA members, if Adam fights dirty, Thor will fight dirty. Thor's a viking and has been honed by many years of brutal and violent combat that would make Adam wet his pants. He's dismembered opponents and done all the little things that get you hard about Adam. Except he's also shown skill in fighting. In the last issue of his recent series, he bit out Gorr's eyeball btw. no expression

Again, not going to work on me. If you make a claim and I post counter scans, you don't just get to ignore them because you think they are high end showings.

Thor's feats in the last five years are better then anything Adam's done.

first of all you didnt post anything yet to even discuss it, however its not a safe net and not anything aside of the truth.
in all the dozens of years thor is on the market he got several high feats as far as fighting goes, and even those feats are mostly from 30 years ago so...

now thor has better durability feats than adam? i am sorry but being taken out by the U FOES, taken down twice by tutinax, and owned by hulk is <<< taking angry superman punches, defeating the JSA and half of Dc universe heroes while one shotting herald level beings.

black adam on average and most of his showings is just that bad ass, therefor bringing ww3 adam is actually nothing special in his career.
however thor is a different story, if you even bring his high end feats there are wayyyy too many other feats to contredict it.

you can barrage me with scans? nothing you will post as far as melee fighting will never top ww3 black adam.
and dont even try blood and thunder thor because he was seriously amped.

yeah thor fight dirty, like he got chocked out by hercules, like he got smashed by tutinax, by hulk, by U foes, by all the phoenix force 5 individually, if black adam will fight thor H2H thor wont survive for very long.

you could argue that thor might beat adam in an all out fight of all powers.
however claiming thor can defeat him in a physical fight? thats jus biased or lack of knowledge about black adam, or both.

wolverinos
How did he do against Galactus when he literally plowed through his head? Thor would absolutely whop Black Adam's arse, hammer or not.

you mean the same galactus who KO an amped odin by a headbutt? thats so ironic.
an amped odin >>>>>> thor headbutts galactus and gets knocked out.
but thor can fly thru his head Lol .

by the way adam have one of those as well, flying right thru spectre and killing him.

wolverinos
Ask Sentry's ghost about what the hammer can do.

you mean the sentry that asked thor to kill him and wasnt resisting but wishing he will get killed? yeah your knowledge is amazing.
why wont we ask hulk, tutinax,the u foes, wrecking crew, juggernaut atc atc what do they think of the hammer that failed to knock them out after multiple hits?

wolverinos

and later on nick fury and captain america owned them, and it was written by the same writer.
cry me some about PIS

wolverinos

ha? everybody were powered up by norm stones? what? why wasnt thor powered up by them? anyway you are making plots that werent even there.
its amazing, when ever you are backed to the corner you make up things that didnt happen and hope someone will bite into it.
no one was powered by anything, U foes owned thor to the point he looked like a rape victim, then nick fury and cap beat their ass end of story.

abhilegend
What the f*ck are you even talking about now? So because Thor beat up Ulik, it automatically invalidates the feat? So because someone claims they are much stronger then Superman and gets beat up, like say, Darkseid, that means the feat doesn't count? Why must you throw out all semblance of logic constantly to the point that the only possible outcomes involves mods or battle zones?

I thought you didn't want to battle zone me, but now you're down for Superman vs. Thor (Who isn't even in this thread btw)? So it wasn't me that stopped you, it was your position based on this new challenge? Why do you keep denying that you lack any confidence in your original claim and keep saying stuff like this?

If you're going to troll me, make it more obvious so I don't have to spend time replying to you with actual facts. I have a hard time telling the difference because of how outlandish your claims usually are.
Yes. When Ulik compared himself to Thor in strength on the very same page which Thor has confirmed in the past.

Show me anybody comparing themselves to be as strong as superman, getting amped and still getting beaten by him.

If you're trying to use h1a8 logic, be prepared to be mocked for it. Thor is billions of times stronger than Ulik, yes or no?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thor missing a throw will cause him to lose his hammer. Do you hear that rage?

I know I shouldn't respond to anything you say because it's all trolling, but that is just too much. "a good rock" had me

odin and the dwarves didn't need to waste all that effort when the key to victory was just laying about all along

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes. When Ulik compared himself to Thor in strength on the very same page which Thor has confirmed in the past.

Show me anybody comparing themselves to be as strong as superman, getting amped and still getting beaten by him.

If you're trying to use h1a8 logic, be prepared to be mocked for it. Thor is billions of times stronger than Ulik, yes or no?

I'm not you, I'm not insane. Thor however demonstrated far above standard Top Tier capabilities and as far as combat showings go, it's far superior to anything Adam has ever done. Which is why I mentioned and posted the feat. You don't like it? Tough. You can call PIS if you want but the feat doesn't become invalid by any means.

So you weren't arguing a few days ago on ICT that Superman smashed through an incredibly amped Darkseid? Alright then, noted and I'll remind you of this thread later.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ha? everybody were powered up by norm stones? what? why wasnt thor powered up by them? anyway you are making plots that werent even there.
its amazing, when ever you are backed to the corner you make up things that didnt happen and hope someone will bite into it.
no one was powered by anything, U foes owned thor to the point he looked like a rape victim, then nick fury and cap beat their ass end of story.

Yes, Loki powered up everyone on the Avenger's side in Asgard. He even powered up the good Avengers Initiative members far away from Asgard in the camp. I'm not making anything up, read the comics.

Did you even read Siege? Thor did receive a boost by the Norn Stones but it disappeared when Loki died. Fortunately, Thor performed even better still against the Void though he lost the power up.

Not sure if serious? Thor had a bloody nose at worst from the combined onslaught of the U-Foes, Iron Patriot, Sentry's attack, Magma etc. In contrast, a powered up Adam had half his face melted off by Martian Manhunter's heat vision if you want to lowball.

and later on nick fury and captain america owned them, and it was written by the same writer.
cry me some about PIS

laughing out loud

Look at the little sock trying to get clever. Hickman =/= Bendis.

Bentley
MM can give BA a run for his money 131

Rage.Of.Olympus
first of all you didnt post anything yet to even discuss it, however its not a safe net and not anything aside of the truth.
in all the dozens of years thor is on the market he got several high feats as far as fighting goes, and even those feats are mostly from 30 years ago so...

You want to disregard high end showings but seem to know nothing about Thor besides his fights with Tutinax, U-Foes and the Hulk.

now thor has better durability feats than adam? i am sorry but being taken out by the U FOES, taken down twice by tutinax, and owned by hulk is <<< taking angry superman punches, defeating the JSA and half of Dc universe heroes while one shotting herald level beings.

Yes he does.

You keep talking about averages and obsessing over these showings. Tutinax never knocked out Thor not to mention he was using mental fear based attacks. Adam would do no better in such circumstances. He'd get beat up in Siege just the same as well.

Are you saying Superman is significantly stronger then the Hulk? no expression Who by the way would wreck Adam when angry in hand to hand.

black adam on average and most of his showings is just that bad ass, therefor bringing ww3 adam is actually nothing special in his career.
however thor is a different story, if you even bring his high end feats there are wayyyy too many other feats to contredict it.

You don't get to lowball Thor and ignore his high end showings at the same time. Sorry. sad

It's not my fault Thor has dozens of feats way better then anything that Adam has done.

you can barrage me with scans? nothing you will post as far as melee fighting will never top ww3 black adam.
and dont even try blood and thunder thor because he was seriously amped.

World War III Black Adam was amped by the external Power of Isis. During Blood and Thunder, Thor never received an external boost up until the Power Gem, everything before that counts.

Not that it matters, World War III wasn't even impressive. Adam was surviving purely by his ferocity and wasn't even stronger then Power Girl apparently.

yeah thor fight dirty, like he got chocked out by hercules, like he got smashed by tutinax, by hulk, by U foes, by all the phoenix force 5 individually, if black adam will fight thor H2H thor wont survive for very long.

Because Black Adam has never been overcome?

Not to mention Adam would fair no better in pretty much all those scenarios.

you could argue that thor might beat adam in an all out fight of all powers.
however claiming thor can defeat him in a physical fight? thats jus biased or lack of knowledge about black adam, or both.

No, Thor would beat Adam in an all out fight.

Yes, he can.

Bentley
Remember that time BA got stomped by a bunch of powerless nerds with guns? Good times.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Notice that this entire discussion, the only time I've ever brought up a less then favorable showing for Adam was John's heat vision despite being constantly barraged with bullshit.

Pretty good restraint for my part I think. Although I understand why it's necessarily to focus on Thor's poor performances (Although none mentioned so far are actually bad) because the moment you try to compare good showings, Thor completely shits over Adam.

It's a shameless but somewhat effective strategy. Making me focus on correcting the bad so I can't mudstomp the opposing side with the actual evidence. Or you can just ignore feats like Abhil does.

TheLordofMurder
The way both characters fight with CIS on, Thor for a slight majority on average (I fully agree with Rage here); Adam tends not to hold back...Thor does...thats the only reason Thor for a slight majority on average.

But (and once again I agree with Rage on this), if Thor is unloading and not holding back the heavy attacks, then he'll brutally punish Adam and the fight wont last that long...

On average, Thor 6/10...
Enraged, not holding back, Thor 10/10...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>