Dexter Morgan vs Hannibal Lecter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the ninjak
Miami Metro Police are hunting a killer and the FBI are brought in to investigate.

Both take each others interest and end up in Hecter's practice for a session.

Hannibal VS Dexter in Lecter's office. Dexter has a hypodermic needle full of Etorphine but Hannibal is suspicious and catches Dexter with it out and the fight ensues.

To the death.

SevenShackles
Hannibal was brutal and knowledgable of the human body.. This is a hard one but I'd give majority to mr.Lecter.

COG Veteran
Lecter has a Dexter liver for dinner.

golem370
Good fight Lecter imo is to old and Dexter has taken on so many killers and come out on top.

AmbientFire
AFAIK, Dexter has a better showing. Dexter for this win.

golem370
Now thinking about it Lecter is a master mind he might be able to beat Dexter through mind tricks I mean Vogel had Dexter mess up for abit. Dexter physically but Lecter if he can get a sentence in before he is killed.

Nephthys
Dexter is more physically potent, but Lecter is a true psychopath who could just bite out his tongue or do something similarly crazy.

That said, Dexter probably still wins. Lecter isn't dodging the needle for long.

golem370
Lecter is very antomy smart he had people on two separate occasions he was having a major hell problem. If he can hit a vein or arterie could be trouble.

Nephthys
Dexters also very anatomy smart since he's a blood spatter analyst. He's demonstrated an almost supernatural ability to analyse dead bodies and has demonstrated great knowledge of the human body. I recall that in season he could tell from a glance that someone had hit all the major arteries in such a way as to seem sloppy, but Dexter could see the skill behind the cuts.

the ninjak
Spoiler vid if haven't seen Hannibal yet.

yZg897gcxGY

Lord Lucien
Young Hannibal might survive, but Dexter's too strong and combat savvy for old Hannibal.

Cyner
Wait... Book Dexter or show Dexter?

Lord Lucien
Show Dexter. Because f*ck book Dexter.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cyner
Wait... Book Dexter or show Dexter? Nerd.

the ninjak
How much Jiu Jitsu knowledge and skill did Dexter actual show in the later seasons of his series?

All I remember is him blocking and throat holding Doakes.

JHytlkqPRCk

AmbientFire
In many ways, Dexter is Batman gone completely nuts so...

COG Veteran
Originally posted by AmbientFire
In many ways, Dexter is Batman gone completely nuts so...

...he ends up on the grill with a carving knife sticking out of him.

BloodRain
Hannibal's intelligence (education, psychology, behaviour) is the only thing he has above Dexter. Still threatening, but Dexter's more hunter like tactics would give him more wins.

AmbientFire
Originally posted by COG Veteran
...he ends up on the grill with a carving knife sticking out of him.

Unless Hannibal has specific martial skills that I haven't seen yet (watched 8 eps of the tv show) he is severely overmatched.

Hannibal ends up on a table neatly wrapped in plastic.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by AmbientFire
Unless Hannibal has specific martial skills that I haven't seen yet (watched 8 eps of the tv show) he is severely overmatched.

Hannibal ends up on a table neatly wrapped in plastic.

Negative, all Hannibals gotta do is say one sentence and catch Dexter off guard. Next thing you know Hannibal has convinced him to commit suicide by jumping in the air and landing on his own neck, killing himself.

the ninjak
Originally posted by BloodRain
Hannibal's intelligence (education, psychology, behaviour) is the only thing he has above Dexter. Still threatening, but Dexter's more hunter like tactics would give him more wins.

Guess you haven't watched the recent series of Hannibal.

BloodRain
Yes.. am I missing something that give him more than the raw intelligence edge over Dexter?

Lestov16
Originally posted by the ninjak
Guess you haven't watched the recent series of Hannibal.

Does it feature Hannibal beating up a former black ops soldier like Dexter did?

Nephthys
I didn't realise this was the show Hannibal. He's a lot more physically adept and showed some skills against Tobias, but I still don't think he can beat Dexter.

BloodRain
Wait.. does Hannibal get Stag form? mmm

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Lestov16
Does it feature Hannibal beating up a former black ops soldier like Dexter did?

Equally impressive feat by Hannibal in being cornered in a single room by an entire SWAT team and the city's police and still managing to escape.

BoxingCannabte
Hannibal has feats against Jack Crawford now (a VERY impressive fight scene). Jack does have tactical and military training, and while he is older he is very strong and showed considerable skill, both of them. Hannibal also showed the ability to slow his heart rate down and feint fainting/passing-out, freakin' brilliant.

Hannibal has Ju-Jitsu and/or Judo training, as well as Kendo and possibly Karate. He would, too. He showed trained-knowledge in striking, grappling, knife-handling, and at this point he's had more fight scenes than Dexter has all eight of his seasons. Which is sad, Dexter's best fight scene was Doakes and an imaginary one as "The Dark Defender."

Hannibal also killed....4-5 FBI agents, took down a highly trained FBI agent in Beverly whom is extremely proficient with her sidearm (she and another agent are like pre-Clarice Starling-types. Will Graham is probably the closest thing in the Hannibal world to his level of intellect, not even Clarice comes close. I think Dexter would come damn close to Will Graham, and obviously not be bothered by it)

Ironically I think if anything Hannibal would likely take Dexter down but not kill him. I think he'd do exactly what Dexter tried, what, three times? (Succesfully once, and she left, Lumen) and partner-up with Hannibal. Dexter has the same proclivities for waxing-poetic (though more inside his head), he has the same obsession over embracing his darkness and figuring out humanity.

Though Will Graham would run circles with him in the empathy-yet-still-psychotic-and-thus-able-to-understand-them department. At least until Hannibal shifted Dexter's thinking.

The biggest problem is that eventually Dexter would HAVE to fight Hannibal because one must control the other, and Hannibal can NOT be controlled. Dexter can, usually not for long and (so far) he has come out on top.

If I had to put this into comic book terms it'd be like this:

Hannibal=Deathstroke/Slade Wilson, an Apex human whos intelligence cannot be matched by any, only Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, and Ras Al Ghul even remotely come close. This is the guy out out-batmans the Batman

Dexter-at-his-best=Nightwing, a fantastic superhero and sometime-opponent of deathstroke himself. Batman thinks one day Nightwing might surpass him in martial powress but probably not in detective/criminal profiling, that goes to Tim Drake (Red Robin), meanwhile his son Damien seems to have it all but I digress.

Dexter is close-but-no-cigar at his very best. Hannibal was there 10-steps-ago.

He's pulling all the strengths, and just like when Nightwing beats Deathstroke, it's the hubris of the superior man that brings him down. The wings of almighty Icarus melting before the brilliant heat of their madness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.