Void Sentry VS WorldBreaker Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Void Sentry- SIEGE

VS

Worldbreaker Hulk

Banner or Bob?

quanchi112
Void wins. Been done a whole bunch of times.

SamZED
Void.

ozz81
yeah Void..

Bentley
This has been probably done before.

Sentry doesn't really have nothing to put down Hulk shifty

Astner
Didn't the Void without Sentry as its host **** up the Hulk in the most one-sided battle since Dazzler Vs. Dr. Doom?

Zack Fair
Void.

No matter how hard WB Hulk tries he won't put Void down for good.

Bentley
Originally posted by Astner
Didn't the Void without Sentry as its host **** up the Hulk in the most one-sided battle since Dazzler Vs. Dr. Doom?

How did Dazzler punk Doctor Doom so hard?

janus77
WBH wins, without any effort. Easily more powerful and impossible to tap-out (as WWH showed).

tkitna
Originally posted by janus77
WBH wins, without any effort.

Without any effort. laughing Sure.

curryman
Hulk destroys him.

There's no reason to believe that because Void could come back from death once or twice, he'd be able to do so permanently.

Doing well against regular Thor and some other guys doesn't suddenly mean you're in worldbreaker-town.

juggerman
Hulk

The Sorrow
Worldbreaker Hulk would literally destroy Sentry

Aevier
TF is this. Void.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Didn't the Void without Sentry as its host **** up the Hulk in the most one-sided battle since Dazzler Vs. Dr. Doom? Yes. However, that was an older version of Hulk, not 'WBH'.

Anyway, Void wins.

golem370
Sentry before had the ability to calm Hulk right?

Galan007
No. He's always had that ability.

golem370
Did Hulk build up an immunity to it? Like he did against Xenmu attacks?

bbrem123
yea void wins

curryman
Originally posted by golem370
Sentry before had the ability to calm Hulk right?

Yes, but the Void won because he stronger than the Hulk, plain and simple stick out tongue

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Worldbreaker Hulk would literally destroy Sentry

How?

Complete mastery of molecular structure that surpasses Owen says otherwise.

tkitna
Originally posted by curryman
Hulk destroys him.

There's no reason to believe that because Void could come back from death once or twice, he'd be able to do so permanently.

Doing well against regular Thor and some other guys doesn't suddenly mean you're in worldbreaker-town.

Dont confuse the poorly written Siege Void with his other appearances. Bendis butchered the character during Siege to get rid of him. Doing well against Thor and a few other characters? What about when the X-Men, FF4, Strange, and other characters were barely noticed by the Void and they were powerless to do anything to him? Thats the example I like to use. Also, what are you talking about when you say there's no reason to believe the Void wouldnt come back from death just because he's done so a couple times? He's not a cat with only 9 lives. Its been shown that he is beyond death. Bob isnt here in this battle to drag him down.

WBH Hulk loses

tkitna
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
How?

Exactly. What can WBH really do to him. Remember, Bob isnt in this equation.

thanos-prime
He will punch the **** out of him.

tkitna
Originally posted by thanos-prime
He will punch the **** out of him.

Be kind of hard to do when your turned into a salt block or something of that nature. Is WBH beyond molecular manipulation? If so, thats the first i've ever heard of it.

The Sorrow
How?

I didn't see him do anything that surpassed Owen, not the real MM anyway, he was destroyed by him and that would count as a win on the forums. IIRC he even admitted that he is inexperienced at it, not sure where you're getting "complete mastery" over molecular structure from, no-limit fallacy ftw. It was the Sentry who punked Owen anyway and not Voidtry from SIEGE like the op stated. Thor was able to blow holes through his body, a fully powered thunderclap from WBH would wreck his shit. He might reform but who's to say how long it would take.

Originally posted by tkitna
Be kind of hard to do when your turned into a salt block or something of that nature. Is WBH beyond molecular manipulation? If so, thats the first i've ever heard of it.
Hulk withstood "Thor level" molecular manipulation like 2 issues ago in his own book and that is at standard levels. Transmuting his body never works out well for his opponent because his healing factor/physiology will restore him.

Insane Titan
Lol at some of the arguments.

Void takes it easily

Stoic
There really is no proof that the Void whom a standard Sentry took out could take the Hulk at this level. So yeah LOL at some of the arguments in this thread. As far as i know Bob has never displayed the type of power that it would take to claim victory here.

curryman
Dont confuse the poorly written Siege Void with his other appearances. Bendis butchered the character during Siege to get rid of him. Doing well against Thor and a few other characters? What about when the X-Men, FF4, Strange, and other characters were barely noticed by the Void and they were powerless to do anything to him? Thats the example I like to use. Also, what are you talking about when you say there's no reason to believe the Void wouldnt come back from death just because he's done so a couple times? He's not a cat with only 9 lives. Its been shown that he is beyond death. Bob isnt here in this battle to drag him down.

WBH Hulk loses

Hulk obliterated Wendigo/Manbeast+++ without even going for them. Their durability rages far above anyone on x-men or F4's lineup. Sentry actually looked far better during Siege, considering that he fought Thor and Loki+norn stones.

When a character resurrects we don't assume that they are able to do so infinitely. Do I really need to explain what a faulty line of reasoning this is?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Stoic
There really is no proof that the Void whom a standard Sentry took out could take the Hulk at this level. So yeah LOL at some of the arguments in this thread. As far as i know Bob has never displayed the type of power that it would take to claim victory here. like I said lol at some the arguments yours included

janus77
WBH is orders of magnitude more powerful than anything Void Sentry faced.

MM was insane and inept, he's had worse low-showings before but he was caught off-guard by Sentry and even commented on the fact that he had no experience of his type of molecules before.

WBH would vaporise Void Sentry with a thunderclap, and that wouldn't even begin to tap into the power WBH can output.

tkitna
Hulk obliterated Wendigo/Manbeast+++ without even going for them. Their durability rages far above anyone on x-men or F4's lineup. Sentry actually looked far better during Siege, considering that he fought Thor and Loki+norn stones.

Like I said, teams of hero's went basically unnoticed by the Void. They were no more then gnats to a dog, so lets not talk about durability. That easily trumps anything Wendigo and Manbeast has ever done.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3158362-2.5.jpg

No, the Void actually looked like crap during Siege. Thor and Loki should honestly have been killed within a few panels. Good old Bendis.

When a character resurrects numerous times throughout his career, why should we think he would not be able to again? Why do you feel there should be a number put beside it. Should Superman be only able to fire heat rays say 23 times and then he's done. Your line of logic is silly. Not only has Sentry/Void resurrected from death, they have brought other people back from the dead.

Yes, please explain the faulty line of reasoning.

tkitna

Hulk withstood "Thor level" molecular manipulation like 2 issues ago in his own book and that is at standard levels. Transmuting his body never works out well for his opponent because his healing factor/physiology will restore him.

Well Sentry's molecular manipulation is on another level then Thor's (come on, he beat the Molecule Man at his own game) and it should screw or weaken the Hulk enough to win this battle.

tkitna
WBH is orders of magnitude more powerful than anything Void Sentry faced.

MM was insane and inept,

So was the Void in Siege

Lol. Yeah I believe this about as much as you really do.

The Sorrow
Well Sentry's molecular manipulation is on another level then Thor's (come on, he beat the Molecule Man at his own game) and it should be screw or weaken the Hulk enough to win this battle.
This is ignoring several factors though like the fact that he had to attack Owen when he wasn't expecting it, Sentry admitting on panel that he lacked experience in manipulating people's molecules to point where he had to ask for help, this was a MM who was a shadow of his past self and the fact it was SENTRY. Not the Void influenced version who as far as I'm aware didn't show much of that same power during SIEGE. You also seem to have skipped over the fact it was "normal" Hulk who resisted that, this thread involves WBH who was far and away the most powerful (and durable) Hulk yet.

As I said if Thor can destroy parts of Voidtrys body with hammer shots imagine what WBH would do to it.

curryman
Like I said, teams of hero's went basically unnoticed by the Void. They were no more then gnats to a dog, so lets not talk about durability. That easily trumps anything Wendigo and Manbeast has ever done.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3158362-2.5.jpg

It's a good thing I was comparing the other teams to amped Wendigo/Manbeast, and not the Void.

"no more than gnats to a dog" and Void still couldn't break through the forcefield in time. I also don't see what's so impressive about beating a lesser lineup than what WWH faced, OFF PANEL.

No, the Void actually looked like crap during Siege. Thor and Loki should honestly have been killed within a few panels. Good old Bendis.
Yes, good old Bendis. Had Sentry winning against a couple of high heralds, as opposed to just beating a team off panel. What a travesty. His molecule-man fight is a-ok, but not the OTHER bendis-feats.

When a character resurrects numerous times throughout his career, why should we think he would not be able to again? Why do you feel there should be a number put beside it. Should Superman be only able to fire heat rays say 23 times and then he's done. Your line of logic is silly. Not only has Sentry/Void resurrected from death, they have brought other people back from the dead.

Yes, please explain the faulty line of reasoning.

I need to explain why showing that you're able to do something doesn't necessarily mean that you can do it into infinity?

Cyclops can fire laser beams.

So we go off the assumption that he can fire as many laser beams as he wants to, forever?

janus77
So was the Void in Siege

Lol. Yeah I believe this about as much as you really do.
It's simply ridiculous how much you overrate Voidtry.

A non-holding-back Hulk out-performed a skyfather, in her own realm. Obliterated said realm and with it the most powerful versions of Wendigo, Bi-Beast, Arch'don, etc etc. Each one of them stacks more powerful than anyone Sentry/Void ever faced during Siege.

WBH is overkill, just GreenScar as he was handling 1000x AMPED Wendigo & Bi-Beast is more than enough to kill Voidtry (again).

Also, if you want to cling to Sentry returning from the dead, then Maestro is proof positive that Hulk is immortal and can always return from even atomic dispersal.

That, by the way, isn't the most powerful Hulk we've seen - WBH is.

So Sentry/Voidtry is screwed, he's never demonstrated power on the scale necessary to even draw WBH's attention and he's never faced anything like the offensive force that WBH brings.

tkitna
It's a good thing I was comparing the other teams to amped Wendigo/Manbeast, and not the Void.

"no more than gnats to a dog" and Void still couldn't break through the forcefield in time. I also don't see what's so impressive about beating a lesser lineup than what WWH faced, OFF PANEL.

Good lord man, a poorly written, whiny Bob burned out WWH. The Void would have destroyed him. We're not talking about WWH anyways though. My point of the scan was that the Siege version of the Void was a sad representation of what the Void really is. All those hero's were meaningless to him. An amped brick like the Hulk would have a horrible time against him.

I agree with you. Most of the appearances that Bendis had the Sentry and Void in were suspect at best. He didnt have the talent to write the character properly and thus had to get rid of him.

Cripes. Your not even making sense. Cyclops can fire laser beams out of his eyes. Thats what he does. Why would he not be able to do that for the duration of his lifetime? A character has shown that he cant die and thats something in his power set. What factors would cause him to lose that ability?

curryman
I'm not going to be able to continue debating this with you.

You're under the impression that because you can do something, you can do it forever, without any evidence supporting that.

I'm not going to be able to explain to you why I think that's a logical fallacy.

I can offer you a battlezone match if you want.

tkitna
It's simply ridiculous how much you overrate Voidtry.

A non-holding-back Hulk out-performed a skyfather, in her own realm. Obliterated said realm and with it the most powerful versions of Wendigo, Bi-Beast, Arch'don, etc etc. Each one of them stacks more powerful than anyone Sentry/Void ever faced during Siege.

WBH is overkill, just GreenScar as he was handling 1000x AMPED Wendigo & Bi-Beast is more than enough to kill Voidtry (again).

Also, if you want to cling to Sentry returning from the dead, then Maestro is proof positive that Hulk is immortal and can always return from even atomic dispersal.

That, by the way, isn't the most powerful Hulk we've seen - WBH is.

So Sentry/Voidtry is screwed, he's never demonstrated power on the scale necessary to even draw WBH's attention and he's never faced anything like the offensive force that WBH brings.

I guess i'm having an issue with how nothing more then a brick (although a powerful brick) is going to beat a character that has the versatility of the Void. Also, remember that the Sentry and the Void are one and the same thus they each share the same powers. I apologize but the Wendigo, Bi-Beast examples dont impress me. Hell, whiny Bob was throwing down with Genis to the point that the output was destroying worlds in the microverse and they were holding back at the time.

If they both can return from the dead and reform from nothing, then I suppose this is a stalemate and the thread should be closed.

curryman
If it's all "whiny" Bob, why even nurse this unhealthy obsession you have with the character?

It's not like there's a whole lot of depth to the character without Bob.

janus77
I guess i'm having an issue with how nothing more then a brick (although a powerful brick) is going to beat a character that has the versatility of the Void.
You're not the only poster here to repeatedly offer "scepticism" regarding how Hulk is going to smash something that isn't purely physical or has lots of versatility. It is however a position wholly born of ignorance.

Whether intentional and deliberate refusal to acknowledge the character's history - of consistently answering such a question - smashing everything and anything from planets to eternals and even elders. From Power Cosmic amped replicas to Superman replicas and more ... - or just simply a result of reading too many of the Thor/Superman biased assessments...

Hulk at Green Scar levels is more than enough to handle Voidtry. And nothing has ever been able to deny the "Hulk Smash" effect.

Also, remember that the Sentry and the Void are one and the same thus they each share the same powers. I apologize but the Wendigo, Bi-Beast examples dont impress me. Hell, whiny Bob was throwing down with Genis to the point that the output was destroying worlds in the microverse and they were holding back at the time.

If they both can return from the dead and reform from nothing, then I suppose this is a stalemate and the thread should be closed.
Whiny Sentry completely ran out of juice fighting against a Green Scar who was deliberately holding back from murdering him and who had sufficient power left to destroy the world if he so desired.

And moreover, it was the energies from this brief "WBH" moment, that went on to empower Rulk and a phallanx of herald level beings, amping everyone from Spiderman to Thor in the process.

As for Bi-Beast and Wendigo, they were, at the time and then on through to HOTM, over 1000 times as powerful as they had ever been.

That right there puts them far and away above the toddlers that Voidtry drizzled on in Siege.

carver9
Its crazy that Hulk power created a GROUP of Heralds...powerful Heralds.

h1a8
If this is >>>>> MM level Sentry then this is a stomp in favor of Sentry.

SamZED
Sentry defeating Void is not a low showing for Void, its more of a mental struggle than a fight.

janus77
except the instances when Sentry throws Void into the sun or when they literally fight it out?

Seems perfectly physical enough to me. Sentry > Void, always. Just that Void is not conflicted and confused, unlike Bob.

curryman
Where do people put Dark-Avengers MM, powerwise?

HH, trans, skyfather? Even higher? Because unless he's around skyfather domain, there's absolutely no way Sentry can just "stomp" Worldbreaker.

Galan007
Not the Void influenced version who as far as I'm aware didn't show much of that same power during SIEGE. http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16397413_Siege_01011.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16397417_Siege_01012.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16397421_Siege_01013.jpg

Where do people put Dark-Avengers MM, powerwise?

HH, trans, skyfather? Even higher? Because unless he's around skyfather domain, there's absolutely no way Sentry can just "stomp" Worldbreaker. He was high-trans to low-Skyfather, at the very least. Imo.

SamZED
except the instances when Sentry throws Void into the sun or when they literally fight it out?

Seems perfectly physical enough to me. Sentry > Void, always. Just that Void is not conflicted and confused, unlike Bob. Spider-man also fought SpOck "physically", it was still a mental struggle. Sentry always fights Void physically but he's basically fighting himself, the moment he becomes confident Void becomes helpless against him. Its a physical manifistation of a mental struggle. He's one and the same person with two different personas taking over. That time the Sentry persona was dominant. Heck Sentry managed to "imprison" Void in a mirror. Its not because the Void isn't powerful enough to break free from a mirror, its just Sentry persona was dominant. Same reason why Void was "killed" when Sentry threw him into the sun yet it didnt effect either of them later. All about Bob's mental state and confidence. That much was made clear in his mini.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Galan007
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16397413_Siege_01011.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16397417_Siege_01012.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16397421_Siege_01013.jpg
Looks like he just tore him to shreds there with those tentacles things. As I said though even if this is classed as molecular manip, he barely used it.

janus77
Originally posted by SamZED
Spider-man also fought SpOck "physically", it was still a mental struggle. Sentry always fights Void physically but he's basically fighting himself, the moment he becomes confident Void becomes helpless against him. Its a physical manifistation of a mental struggle. He's one and the same person with two different personas taking over. That time the Sentry persona was dominant. Heck Sentry managed to "imprison" Void in a mirror. Its not because the Void isn't powerful enough to break free from a mirror, its just Sentry persona was dominant. Same reason why Void was "killed" when Sentry threw him into the sun yet it didnt effect either of them later. All about Bob's mental state and confidence. That much was made clear in his mini.
Spiderman never fought alongside someone else, when fighting SpOck.

Void was clearly physical when he fought Sentry, when he attempted to shoot people, when he attacked Savage Hulk, Sentry fought him those times just as he fought him on his own.

There's nothing to substantiate the idea that all those times when Sentry beat Void (including throwing him into the sun), he was actually doing it all in his mind.

SamZED
Spiderman never fought alongside someone else, when fighting SpOck.

Void was clearly physical when he fought Sentry, when he attempted to shoot people, when he attacked Savage Hulk, Sentry fought him those times just as he fought him on his own.

There's nothing to substantiate the idea that all those times when Sentry beat Void (including throwing him into the sun), he was actually doing it all in his mind. Not in his mind but a physical manifestation of a mental struggle. Sentry throwing Void into the sun was symbolic, it meant that Sentry persona is dominating. Why do you think Void didn't come back flying into the fight but waited months to resurface? Sun was too hot for him? Its simple, that time Sentry decided that he doesn't need him and took over. But Void would always come back at the moment of Bob's weakness.

curryman
Looks like he just tore him to shreds there with those tentacles things. As I said though even if this is classed as molecular manip, he barely used it.
Let's not forget the circumstances surrounding that, Loki definitely wanted to die.

Galan007
Looks like he just tore him to shreds there with those tentacles things. As this separate depiction of the same event shows, it was definitely atomic dispersion:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16397757_Mighty_Avengers_036022.jpg

Let's not forget the circumstances surrounding that, Loki definitely wanted to die. Proof that Loki's mindset affects his durability?

LordofBrooklyn
Let's not forget the circumstances surrounding that, Loki definitely wanted to die.

In equal manner, Bob wanted to die which made Thor's attacks so effective against him as well.

curryman
Lord, people keep telling me writer's interviews don't matter.

So I assume the same rules and regulations extend to everybody.

Proof that Loki's mindset affects his durability?
Not specifically saying that his durability was lower.

Just saying that the fight didn't go like that simply because Loki was so horribly overpowered and outmatched.

Galan007
Just saying that the fight didn't go like that simply because Loki was so horribly overpowered and outmatched. He was, though... ermmnone

curryman
He was, though... ermmnone
Sure he was.

Handled himself well enough against Surtur, Seth and Mephisto tho.

Galan007
Sure he was.

Handled himself well enough against Surtur, Seth and Mephisto tho. Should tell you what level Sentry/Void operates at. wink

curryman
Should tell you what level Sentry/Void operates at. wink

stick out tongue

I've no doubt that Voidtry was more powerful than Loki, but let's not pretend that Loki was actually pulling some kind of last-stand to save his brother.

He had a contingency plan, as we saw in Thor/Loki one-shot.

Galan007
stick out tongue

I've no doubt that Voidtry was more powerful than Loki, but let's not pretend that Loki was actually pulling some kind of last-stand to save his brother.

He had a contingency plan, as we saw in Thor/Loki one-shot. The way I read it:
Sentry/Void was simply that powerful. Barring ridiculous PIS/CIS(of which was prevalent throughout Siege), he should have been capable of effortlessly killing droves of heralds without much effort-- Loki notwithstanding.

Branlor Swift
And then he got his shit pushed in by a refreshed Thor

Galan007
Hence the "barring PIS/CIS" part of my post.

If Voidtry could one-shot atomize the likes of Molecule Man and Loki, doing the same to Thor shouldn't have been an issue.

Branlor Swift
Hence the "barring PIS/CIS" part of my post.

If Voidtry could one-shot atomize the likes of Molecule Man and Loki, doing the same to Thor shouldn't have been an issue. Does Molecule Man even have any sort of feats of resisting matter manip?

Loki obviously didn't even try to resist as well. But he's no Thor.

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Does Molecule Man even have any sort of feats of resisting matter manip?

Loki obviously didn't even try to resist as well. But he's no Thor. Sentry completely incapacitated/overpowered Owen with his molecule manipulation, and then vaporized him like a weak feeb. If he could do that to Owen, there's no reason he shouldn't have been able to do the same to Thor. I, for one, definitely wouldn't put Thor above Owen--hell, a weakass version of Owen(he couldn't even manipulate organics, iirc) already owned Thor+Surfer+Tony+Cap--let alone Voidtry, who was clearly more powerful than Owen overall, but lacked the degree of experience/control.

Given Loki's general durability, I'd say one-shotting him like fodder is quite impressive.

Branlor Swift
Sentry completely incapacitated/overpowered Owen with his molecule manipulation, and then vaporized him like a weak feeb. If he could do that to Owen, there's no reason he shouldn't have been able to do the same to Thor. I, for one, definitely wouldn't put Thor above Owen--hell, a weakass version of Owen(he couldn't even manipulate organics, iirc) already owned Thor+Surfer+Tony+Cap--let alone Voidtry, who was clearly more powerful than Owen overall, but lacked the degree of experience/control.

Given Loki's general durability, I'd say one-shotting him like fodder is quite impressive.
He basically attacked Owen out of nowhere and caught him with his pants down. The same thing happened with Loki and Bor.

But anyway, Owen's raw power doesn't flow into his ability to resist his molecules being tampered with. And that weakass version also got his ass knocked out by Captain America, which flows into El Glassio Cannonado and doesn't exactly help.

It is. I never denied that. It still doesn't mean he can just easily do so to Thor.

Galan007
He basically attacked Owen out of nowhere and caught him with his pants down. The same thing happened with Loki and Bor.

But anyway, Owen's raw power doesn't flow into his ability to resist his molecules being tampered with. And that weakass version also got his ass knocked out by Captain America, which flows into El Glassio Cannonado and doesn't exactly help.

It is. I never denied that. It still doesn't mean he can just easily do so to Thor. If Owen were more powerful, he *should have* been able to break free of Sentry's molecular phuckery. Typically, a weaker character can't blatantly overpower a stronger character. Imo, the scene was clear in that regard: Sentry was more powerful but less experienced.

I don't speak Latin, but every character has low feats. That said, weakass Owen still owned Thor+Surfer+Tony+Cap with ease. Imo, Siege-era Voidtry>DR-era Owen>>Thor. I believe Void was beaten by that team-up solely because Marvel induced massive levels of PIS/CIS(he wanted to die, he didn't try using molecule manipulation on anyone but Loki, etc.) /shrug

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's pretty clear that Reynolds was just straight up more powerful then Owen. At least to me.

Anyways, Void Sentry wins probably.

Branlor Swift
If Owen were more powerful, he *should have* been able to break free of Sentry's molecular phuckery. Typically, a weaker character can't blatantly overpower a stronger character. Imo, the scene was clear in that regard: Sentry was more powerful but less experienced.

I don't speak Latin, but every character has low feats. That said, weakass Owen still owned Thor+Surfer+Tony+Cap with ease. Imo, Siege-era Voidtry>DR-era Owen>>Thor. I believe Void was beaten by that team-up solely because Marvel induced massive levels of PIS/CIS(he wanted to die, he didn't try using molecule manipulation on anyone but Loki, etc.) /shrug He was sneak attacked while he wasn't paying attention. He was all the way in Sentry's snare by the time he could have tried anything.
Like I said, the same thing happened with Loki and Bor. A weaker character overpowering a stronger.
On the other hand, destroying Sentry what 3 times heads up doesn't exactly make that sneak attack look like the deciding factor in raw power...

He got straight knocked out. Bringing that up doesn't help your case of his resistance or durability.

That arc wasn't a clear indication that he was more powerful.

When the only thing he didn't try (that we know of) was matter manip, that doesn't make it massive levels of PIS/CIS. It'd be like saying Thor not doing a Godblast made that scene massive levels of pis/cis.

In fact, why didn't MM just destroy Sentry again if we're going to bring up PIS/CIS? His powers still worked on other things, and we seen him do it 3 times in the same story... plus it's his whole thing.

LordofBrooklyn
And then he got his shit pushed in by a refreshed Thor

Due to the fact that Bob wanted to die.

Branlor Swift
Due to the fact that Bob wanted to die. He only died because he wanted to. But he would have just continued to be getting knocked around otherwise.

And that was after the helicarrier woke up the Bob persona.

iceman24567
Sentry is atleast a tier or two above WBH

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s15.postimg.org/s8sv2yrxz/The_Sentry_Fallen_Sun002.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/x8qbawxkn/Uncanny_Avengers_010_015.jpg

mhmm

Sentry definitely seems to think Thor just straight up killed him.

janus77
lol, Bob wasn't "asleep" during Siege, he was there just "darker", having given in to Void.

And MM still lost to Captain America, MM has a history of screwing up his powers if his mind's not in it (arbitrary limitations).

MM also states that Sentry's molecules are strange and different.

The whole thing was little more than Sentry catching an insane MM off-guard.

No more impressive and a testament of power than some herald using the "hyperspace weakness" of Celestials to beat them.

Galan007
He was sneak attacked while he wasn't paying attention. He was all the way in Sentry's snare by the time he could have tried anything.
Like I said, the same thing happened with Loki and Bor. A weaker character overpowering a stronger.
On the other hand, destroying Sentry what 3 times heads up doesn't exactly make that sneak attack look like the deciding factor in raw power...

He got straight knocked out. Bringing that up doesn't help your case of his resistance or durability.

That arc wasn't a clear indication that he was more powerful.

When the only thing he didn't try (that we know of) was matter manip, that doesn't make it massive levels of PIS/CIS. It'd be like saying Thor not doing a Godblast made that scene massive levels of pis/cis.

In fact, why didn't MM just destroy Sentry again if we're going to bring up PIS/CIS? His powers still worked on other things, and we seen him do it 3 times in the same story... plus it's his whole thing. Owen destroyed Sentry 3 times before he(Sentry) learned to apply molecule manipulation offensively. Once Sentry finally learned this skill, Owen was nothing.

Kay. He still used his powers to own Thor+Surfer+Tony+Cap easily, and that's the point-- Sentry overpowered an even stronger incarnation of Owen then the one who has already owned Thor at his own game: molecule manipulation. He didn't just one-shot Owen from behind like in the Bor/Loki analogy you're using. Sentry initially warped Owen himself a bit(Owen was shocked that Sentry could even do this)--held him in a stasis until Owen did his bidding(over a full page)--then atomized him. Effortlessly.

It was very clear to me. I could post a shit-ton of scans showcasing what *usually* happens when a weaker character tries to fight a stronger character... It rarely ever ends well for the former. That's why I believe that if Owen would have really been more powerful, Sentry wouldn't have been able to blatantly outdo him. /shrug

Sentry utilized molecule manipulation offensively 2 times in the very same arc(one of those times was only a few pages before he was 'beaten' by the team of heroes)-- and then didn't even attempt using it on any of the heroes? Please, that's blatant CIS/PIS. Thor, on the other hand, has only used an actual Godblast like, what? 3-4 times in his 50+ year history? So no, it's not quite the same imo.

Perhaps Owen's powers no longer worked on Sentry at that point? Dunno.

curryman
The way I read it:
Sentry/Void was simply that powerful. Barring ridiculous PIS/CIS(of which was prevalent throughout Siege), he should have been capable of effortlessly killing droves of heralds without much effort-- Loki notwithstanding.
Okay.

Then I guess he rages above the other Skyfathers.

Who managed to deal with Thor might I add.

But I was that was a very specific brand of PIS that took place a few panels after, right? same writer and so on.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s15.postimg.org/s8sv2yrxz/The_Sentry_Fallen_Sun002.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/x8qbawxkn/Uncanny_Avengers_010_015.jpg

mhmm

No.

Bendis' interview overwrites it.

At least according to the Sentry-crew.

LordofBrooklyn

mhmm

Mere hyperbole!

Sentry is playing the Odinson like a puppet before he puts him down like a rabid animal!

KILL SENTRY! KILL!

Zack Fair
Void is gone. Sentry accepted his death.

Sentry is right. Thor did kill him.

Mindset
Thor can't even kill people right.

What a pos.

Branlor Swift
Owen destroyed Sentry 3 times before he(Sentry) learned to apply molecule manipulation offensively. Once Sentry finally learned this skill, Owen was nothing.

Kay. He still used his powers to own Thor+Surfer+Tony+Cap easily, and that's the point-- Sentry overpowered an even stronger incarnation of Owen then the one who has already owned Thor at his own game: molecule manipulation. He didn't just one-shot Owen from behind like in the Bor/Loki analogy you're using. Sentry initially warped Owen himself a bit(Owen was shocked that Sentry could even do this)--held him in a stasis until Owen did his bidding(over a full page)--then atomized him. Effortlessly.

It was very clear to me. I could post a shit-ton of scans showcasing what *usually* happens when a weaker character tries to fight a stronger character... It rarely ever ends well for the former. That's why I believe that if Owen would have really been more powerful, Sentry wouldn't have been able to blatantly outdo him. /shrug

Sentry utilized molecule manipulation offensively 2 times in the very same arc(one of those times was only a few pages before he was 'beaten' by the team of heroes)-- and then didn't even attempt using it on any of the heroes? Please, that's blatant CIS/PIS. Thor, on the other hand, has only used an actual Godblast like, what? 3-4 times in his 50+ year history? So no, it's not quite the same imo.

Perhaps Owen's powers no longer worked on Sentry at that point? Dunno. He destroyed him like 2 pages before he "learned" this skill...

Just because he learned to control organic molecules, that doesn't make him more powerful. He effortlessly took apart Cap's shield, Mjolnir, and Surfer's board. You think we can apply that to Sentry just because you think his molecular control would have been stronger? Where does it end at that point? Should we apply every feat of MM's to Sentry's as well while we're at it?
Either way, MM's durability hasn't been shown to be the best, and he has iirc absolutely no instances of resisting matter manip.

Sentry ensnared him from behind while applying his powers before Owen had a chance to react. We don't know how MM could have defended against it had he been, you know, ready. If he had some warning, would Sentry have been able to trap him so easily, etc? What we do know though, is if Sentry applies his powers to MM while MM isn't paying attention in the least to Sentry, he can beat him.

And I could show a shit ton of instances where a weaker character beats a stronger by cheapshotting them. In fact, I could probably show you a bunch of scans of weaker sorcerers capturing Dr Strange via the element of surprise.

OK, you're assuming he used it on Loki, then what was the other time in that arc? Also on Loki, he literally impaled Loki and then surrounded his entire body with his currently formless body and then reformed after he destroyed him. That doesn't scream of matter manip to me.
5-8 actually.

Or perhaps he didn't try to attack him like what was shown. Blatant PIS I guess?

Really at the end. Him destroying MM doesn't mean he can simply destroy Thor. Not that he needs it to beat 'heralds', but still. And assuming his defensive ability equals his offensive is baseless.
And I find it really hard to believe he can beat Hulk with this tactic for that matter.

Though he still wins. Wait, nevermind. Worldbreaker. Uh dunno who wins then.

Galan007
He destroyed him like 2 pages before he "learned" this skill...

Just because he learned to control organic molecules, that doesn't make him more powerful. He effortlessly took apart Cap's shield, Mjolnir, and Surfer's board. You think we can apply that to Sentry just because you think his molecular control would have been stronger? Where does it end at that point? Should we apply every feat of MM's to Sentry's as well while we're at it?
Either way, MM's durability hasn't been shown to be the best, and he has iirc absolutely no instances of resisting matter manip.

Sentry ensnared him from behind while applying his powers before Owen had a chance to react. We don't know how MM could have defended against it had he been, you know, ready. If he had some warning, would Sentry have been able to trap him so easily, etc? What we do know though, is if Sentry applies his powers to MM while MM isn't paying attention in the least to Sentry, he can beat him.

And I could show a shit ton of instances where a weaker character beats a stronger by cheapshotting them. In fact, I could probably show you a bunch of scans of weaker sorcerers capturing Dr Strange via the element of surprise.

OK, you're assuming he used it on Loki, then what was the other time in that arc? Also on Loki, he literally impaled Loki and then surrounded his entire body with his currently formless body and then reformed after he destroyed him. That doesn't scream of matter manip to me.
5-8 actually.

Or perhaps he didn't try to attack him like what was shown. Blatant PIS I guess?

Really at the end. Him destroying MM doesn't mean he can simply destroy Thor. Not that he needs it to beat 'heralds', but still. And assuming his defensive ability equals his offensive is baseless.
And I find it really hard to believe he can beat Hulk with this tactic for that matter.

Though he still wins. Wait, nevermind. Worldbreaker. Uh dunno who wins then. I disagree with pretty much everything here. Don't feel like breaking down why I disagree again, though(your post is too big, btw.)

Void stomps. thumb up

psycho gundam
bran's kinda right, though. owen reese is pretty stupid with his powers cause he's just a dweeb with god-like powers. his girlfriend used to emasculate the shit out of him even when he was half beyonder

Galan007
I'm pretty sure you're drunk. thumb up

Branlor Swift
Hulk's resistance to matter manip goes up when he gets erngry doesn't it? And at Worldbreaker levels...

I imagine it wouldn't be a factor here. srug

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://s23.postimg.org/7o3cl17qf/Siege_Storming_Asgard011.jpg

mhmm

Branlor Swift
yup

LordofBrooklyn

mhmm

LIES!

Zack Fair
Stupid Obama.

Galan007

mhmm Weren't you the same guy who recently said that relying solely on bios is dum..? Or does that only apply to bios that don't wank Thor? mmm

Phuckin Thorbag over here. thumb down

Hulk's resistance to matter manip goes up when he gets erngry doesn't it? Dunno. Proof?

curryman
Galan, act your age.

Branlor's 10 years younger and he's taking you to the ribhouse.

Galan007
No idea what that even means.

Reported for trolling. thumb up

h1a8
He destroyed him like 2 pages before he "learned" this skill...

5-8 actually.

Though he still wins. Wait, nevermind. Worldbreaker. Uh dunno who wins then. it's amazing how you want to ignore writer's intentions in favor of some other stuff. Wasn't it you who wanted me to go by writer's intentions in the Thanos blast feat?

The writer wanted to show that Sentry surpassed MM in power. This is undeniable. Hell didn't him creating a werewolf convince you? That's a joke by the way.

Branlor Swift
Better question: why are you talking?

abhilegend
Savage Hulk overpowered matter manipulation when he got angry which was turning him into glass and he angered himself to proper size when a matter manipulator shrunk him.

curryman
Grey Gargoyle stuff comes to mind as well.

Just about every character who's had their own series for several years will have some kind of transmutation-resistance feat.

abhilegend
Grey Gargoyle stuff comes to mind as well.

Just about every character who's had their own series for several years will have some kind of transmutation-resistance feat.
Thor doesn't.

stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, he has better feats.

h1a8
Having matter manipulation resistance feats doesn't make you immune to matter manipulation. That would be a no limits fallacy.

MM has feats of affecting things that have hella resistance against matter manipulation.

MM power is well beyond a skyfather.

Branlor Swift
This seems interesting seeing as how the forum has spun.

Galan007
mmm I forgot about this thread.

In hindsight, Thor wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why are people forgetting that even a weakened not in the right mindset MM EASILY took out the sentry with utter ease. In fact, we have NO way of knowing if Sentry would've even been able to come back on his own or in a reasonable amount of time without MM bringing him back. Sentry didn't do it on his own until the last time. SO really if you're tallying up the fights.. it's MM 3.. Sentry 1. Why are we also forgetting that MM seemed to want to die.

bbrem123
You are also forgetting that sentry figured out how his powers worked the 3rd time. Which makes his last 2 defeats worthless towards an argument

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why are people forgetting that even a weakened not in the right mindset MM EASILY took out the sentry with utter ease. In fact, we have NO way of knowing if Sentry would've even been able to come back on his own or in a reasonable amount of time without MM bringing him back. Sentry didn't do it on his own until the last time. SO really if you're tallying up the fights.. it's MM 3.. Sentry 1. Why are we also forgetting that MM seemed to want to die. Sentry came back on his own. He overpowered him at his own game.

Enzeru
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why are people forgetting that even a weakened not in the right mindset MM EASILY took out the sentry with utter ease. In fact, we have NO way of knowing if Sentry would've even been able to come back on his own or in a reasonable amount of time without MM bringing him back. Sentry didn't do it on his own until the last time. SO really if you're tallying up the fights.. it's MM 3.. Sentry 1. Why are we also forgetting that MM seemed to want to die.

Your logic is as flawed as it gets.

What Molecule Man did to the Sentry and the others clearly justifies him as a trans-level character at least.
He destroyed the Sentry twice, but after the third time he destroyed him, Sentry figured out what he truly is capable off and from that point Molecule Man was absolutely chanceless. He was hovering in the air, while being in a world of pain and had to do what the Sentry wanted him to do. Then he got sent away by the Sentry.

It's not a 3:1 for the Molecule Man, but a Sentry > Molecule Man by the end of that arc and from that point on as well.

janus77
WBH wins this.

MM jobbed out to Sentry, no other answer is rational.

Sentry whether Voided or not, did not get new powers or increase his powers and we've seen him completely running out of power against a much much much weaker Hulk.

Enzeru
Sentry whether Voided or not, did not get new powers or increase his powers and we've seen him completely running out of power against a much much much weaker Hulk.

1. Sentry has two different power-sets, when he is either in his Sentry or his Void persona.

2. Sentry realized what his power was based on during the encounter with the Molecule Man - he gained the ability to control it.

3. Sentry was in a weak mental state during his fight with the Hulk, which lowers his power level exponentally and therefore he wore out quicker than usual during the WW Hulk fight.

quanchi112
WBH wins this.

MM jobbed out to Sentry, no other answer is rational.

Sentry whether Voided or not, did not get new powers or increase his powers and we've seen him completely running out of power against a much much much weaker Hulk. Due to his mindset. Meh also discovered other powers and was not using his Void powers against the a Hulk which have broken his bones before. smile

carver9
Originally posted by Enzeru
1. Sentry has two different power-sets, when he is either in his Sentry or his Void persona.

2. Sentry realized what his power was based on during the encounter with the Molecule Man - he gained the ability to control it.

3. Sentry was in a weak mental state during his fight with the Hulk, which lowers his power level exponentally and therefore he wore out quicker than usual during the WW Hulk fight.

Is that why regular Savage Hulk overpowered Sentry with one arm while crushing his chest?

bbrem123
Originally posted by carver9
Is that why regular Savage Hulk overpowered Sentry with one arm while crushing his chest? why even post this. It was friendly encounter. Means absolutely nothing

how bout the time void actually broke every bone in savage hulk body without even trying

Enzeru
Is that why regular Savage Hulk overpowered Sentry with one arm while crushing his chest?

Regular Savage Hulk got defeated in a matter of seconds, when it came to an actual fight between them.
Regular Savage Hulk was scared as fuark of the Void - who is Sentry's equal.
Regular Savage Hulk was more than useless in fights against the Void, where Sentry ended up protecting him and everyone else.

jaxthejester

I would agree that Void breaking Hulk's bones was indeed about mind-set... but not Sentry's.
It was Hulk's.

Hulk was calm, trusting, and Sentry's power-set literally "soothed" Hulk and made him complacent.
Thus reducing Hulk's power-level dramatically.

This is why Richards attempted to emulate the powers of Sentry in WWHulk.
He was using Sentry's "Emotional Control" powers (mimicked via Tech and Reed's brilliant penchant for Prep Time genius) to try to calm Green Scar down again.
Hulk was simply too angry for it to work on him.

Void faced a shell of a Hulk. He broke a mentally challenged version that muttered "Golden Man" at him and followed him around like a love-lost puppy.
When Void broke his bones, Hulk wasn't even mad. He was more Emo than anything.

But when Sentry faced a truly pissed off version of Hulk; he found that emotion control (even on a Cosmic Scale) just wasn't going to cut the bacon.
Richards painfully learned the same lesson just a few issues prior.

Though I will give Sentry credit for this- His "soothing emotional" power-set did help to bring Hulk back from the ragged edge in WWHulk # 5.
If Rick hadn't been stabbed through the chest, I honestly believe that Hulk would have been calm enough to finally end his revenge quest.
He had his hand stretched out to shake ricks, even though Green Gamma Energy was still shining from behind his now "powered down" human form- you could see the Hulk was still in there.
You know he was. He popped right back out the moment he became angry again.
Then he blew the cap off of his effective power level when he hit WB after Sentry was down (no more emotional debuffing) and Rick was stabbed (instant emotional re-charge).

Void vs. WWHulk would not have been a cake walk for Sentry.
Anyone who thinks so is ludicrously out of touch with Green Scar's power-set.
smokin'

So yeh... Void crunching Hulk = very little validity when comparing true power levels.
Anyone can kick the crap out of a foe that has no will or desire to fight back.

dial J for Josh
Void vs. Wwh wouldn't be a cake walk for bob? I would have liked to see regular sentry at his highest actually fighting against wwh. And anyone who thinks that sentry at his highest vs wwh would have ended the same way as it did at the end of wwh is out of touch with bobs powerset.

jaxthejester
Gotta love it when the words come from the Marvel Think-Tank itself:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V3h7ARj0Zfs/Ts5q2SeNhsI/AAAAAAAAAiY/jqA-nl2rnaA/s400/Hero-Envy-Hulk-Juggernaut-183.JPG

Muscle. Not overall power. Just raw, potential limitless, strength amping.

This is Hulk's legacy niche.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Void vs. Wwh wouldn't be a cake walk for bob? I would have liked to see regular sentry at his highest actually fighting against wwh. And anyone who thinks that sentry at his highest vs wwh would have ended the same way as it did at the end of wwh is out of touch with bobs powerset.

Sentry battled himself and defeated Void prior to facing Hulk.

And it wouldn't have been "WWHulk" vs. Void.
Hulk loved Sentry. He held back. That much is on panel.
It would have been World Breaker Hulk vs. Void.
HUGE difference.
When you turn off Bob's mental switch, you really should apply the same to Hulk.
Void did not radiate cosmic calm.
If anything; Void radiated cosmic fear, pain, and rage.
That's a Green Scar buffet. All you can eat. WB would be scratching at the door so hard, that I doubt Hulk would have been able to keep himself in check.

WB vs. Void would NOT have been a cake walk for Bob.

That's no disrespect to Sentry. Only respect for Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by Enzeru
Regular Savage Hulk got defeated in a matter of seconds, when it came to an actual fight between them.
Regular Savage Hulk was scared as fuark of the Void - who is Sentry's equal.
Regular Savage Hulk was more than useless in fights against the Void, where Sentry ended up protecting him and everyone else.

When did he get defeated by Sentry without Sentry using his light based powers to calm him?

Void tentacles have a calming effect on Hulk (and paralyzing as well)...so of course he will be able to defeat Savage Hulk.

My point still stands.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hulk is stronger and harder to ko. Sentry is faster. He can win if he keeps his distance and attack with speed. Else he will get a beatdown. The second is more likely. I had to think about it and get some insights here but yeah WBH wins.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh

That would have been an amazing fight. WWH endured everything that came his way. Void probably would have stopped his rampage...don't know.

carver9
Indestructible Hulk annual 2... Hulk suppose to have an insane strength ft. INSANE strength ft. If what I've heard is true, Indestructible Hulk one punch Void directly in his face.

Insane Titan
Haha Carver you're the worst

carver9
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Haha Carver you're the worst

Its all in fun my friend.

jaxthejester
Indestructible Hulk annual 2... Hulk suppose to have an insane strength ft. INSANE strength ft. If what I've heard is true, Indestructible Hulk one punch Void directly in his face.

Side note- I wasn't impressed with Waid's Hulk; but I recall that you dig him from a prior Thread.

That said, here is a bit of math analysis on Hulk's (very short) stint in Infinity #6 that I think you will like, Carver:

http://www.comicboards.com/php/show.php?msg=hulk-2013121002524235&layout=thread

Just for you bud. smokin'

jaxthejester

Is this actual data on the upcoming event, or are you joking around?

Branlor Swift
Indestructible Hulk annual 2... Hulk suppose to have an insane strength ft. INSANE strength ft. If what I've heard is true, Indestructible Hulk one punch Void directly in his face. seems legit

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by jaxthejester
Is this actual data on the upcoming event, or are you joking around? The first annual came out last week.

jaxthejester
The first annual came out last week.

True... but Carver referenced the 2nd one (wondering if he has some inside scoop, or if he's just having fun).

Branlor Swift
True... but Carver referenced the 2nd one (wondering if he has some inside scoop, or if he's just having fun). Carver knows shit about anything at any point in time. He doesn't even gave the inside scoop of comics released last year, let alone next. The comic hasn't been announced yet and won't be announced for at least another 8-10 months.

carver9
Carver knows shit about anything at any point in time. He doesn't even gave the inside scoop of comics released last year, let alone next. The comic hasn't been announced yet and won't be announced for at least another 8-10 months.

Hush Bran. I said its a rumor, not saying if its true. Lol at the comic released last yr comment. Don't know what kind of issue you have against me but oh well.

Branlor Swift
It's not a rumor though, it's a blatant lie.

Yes why would anyone have an issue with you?

carver9

Good point.

Odekahn
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/Mobile%20Uploads/A739E200-BEAA-4574-A689-DCC9072EACD5.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Hulk is stronger and harder to ko. Sentry is faster. He can win if he keeps his distance and attack with speed. Else he will get a beatdown. The second is more likely. I had to think about it and get some insights here but yeah WBH wins. Do you have any idea who the. Void is and what he can do. That is right I didn't think so.

jaxthejester
Good point.

Good gawd, Carver.

What did you do to earn such animosity? laughing out loud

jaxthejester

I don't really know why... but your avatar kind of freaks me out.

no

carver9
Good gawd, Carver.

What did you do to earn such animosity? laughing out loud

laughing out loud

LOL...vote for Hulk.

sad Quan is gone.

jaxthejester
He'll be back.

Thanos fans are like Thanos in this way.

They always pop back up. smokin'

The Sorrow
Lol, Hulk has a new insane strength feat nearly every week Carv you should be a happy Hulk fan right now.

ShadowFyre
I personally like the issues where Hulk cant win by punching. Like fighting the Destroyer and things like that. Or the issue where Banner pawned Tony and Hank. The problem with putting characters like that on to high of a pedestal is they have a lot farther to fall imo.

Take Thor for example. He has fought and hurt some of the most powerful beings in Marvel, so now when he fails to obliterate Thanos with something thats not even close to his most powerful attacks everyone makes a big deal out of it.

Giving Hulk to many "insane" feats is only going to be the downfall of the character. Hopefully they put a cap on him and make him a character fans can relate to and wonder if he is actually going to win instead of making each comic one giant feat porn for Carver. Or make a seperate Hulk title for Carver where Hulk crosses over into each publishers comics and one shots everyone at the same time.

Just messin with ya bud. But seriously, they should make a seperate Hulk title for you. The Incredible Amazing Invincible StrongerthanSupes ****YoCouch HULK!

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I personally like the issues where Hulk cant win by punching. Like fighting the Destroyer and things like that. Or the issue where Banner pawned Tony and Hank. The problem with putting characters like that on to high of a pedestal is they have a lot farther to fall imo.

Take Thor for example. He has fought and hurt some of the most powerful beings in Marvel, so now when he fails to obliterate Thanos with something thats not even close to his most powerful attacks everyone makes a big deal out of it.

Giving Hulk to many "insane" feats is only going to be the downfall of the character. Hopefully they put a cap on him and make him a character fans can relate to and wonder if he is actually going to win instead of making each comic one giant feat porn for Carver. Or make a seperate Hulk title for Carver where Hulk crosses over into each publishers comics and one shots everyone at the same time.

Just messin with ya bud. But seriously, they should make a seperate Hulk title for you. The Incredible Amazing Invincible StrongerthanSupes ****YoCouch HULK!

This man is intelligent.

thumb up

bbrem123

Hulk did nothing vs thanos. Dont see where he had a crazy feat in that arc?

The Sorrow

That's mostly due to the (imo unnecessary) competitive nature of the board and posters trying to "one-up" each other with regards to their favourite characters.

Hulk is rarely straight up defeated or even has low showings these days so when he does its almost celebrated like an event. Same with characters like Thanos, which is why lots of people are doing their utmost to nitpick him shrugging off a full powered scream from Blackbolt and trolled his fans hard when the Avengers pwned him in Assemble.

Big "power" feats are cool and good for things like the respect threads but they ultimately mean little in the grand scheme of things. A good example is Hulk vastly outclassing Thor in strength feats, but you can bet last dollar though if they had a strength contest against each other they would be depicted as pretty much equal. Similarly Thor has physically damaged beings more powerful than Hulk, yet he has never knocked Hulk out with physical force in dozens of fights - some where he "went all out" too. It's inconsistencies like these that make debating with feats 1st shaky at best.

carver9
Lol, Hulk has a new insane strength feat nearly every week Carv you should be a happy Hulk fan right now.

thumb up

carver9
That's mostly due to the (imo unnecessary) competitive nature of the board and posters trying to "one-up" each other with regards to their favourite characters.

Hulk is rarely straight up defeated or even has low showings these days so when he does its almost celebrated like an event. Same with characters like Thanos, which is why lots of people are doing their utmost to nitpick him shrugging off a full powered scream from Blackbolt and trolled his fans hard when the Avengers pwned him in Assemble.

Big "power" feats are cool and good for things like the respect threads but they ultimately mean little in the grand scheme of things. A good example is Hulk vastly outclassing Thor in strength feats, but you can bet last dollar though if they had a strength contest against each other they would be depicted as pretty much equal. Similarly Thor has physically damaged beings more powerful than Hulk, yet he has never knocked Hulk out with physical force in dozens of fights - some where he "went all out" too. It's inconsistencies like these that make debating with feats 1st shaky at best.

thumb up

ShadowFyre
According to some he was overpowering the weight of a super-nova.I personally dont see that but everyone Iinterprets it different ways. Thanos fans see it as him not wasting his time with Hulk. Hulk fans see it as Thanos being afraid of Hulk and Hulk lifting 99999999889988889887474747839383838 squared tons while in a "calm" state. I see it as a "meh" comicbook fight with Thor being the last Hero standing (well, at least concious). But I am also a Thor fan. The fight went exactly as I was hoping it would not. It took place on Earth, instantly negating Hulk and Thors most powerful attacks. Powerful Avengers were conveniently somewhere else. Convenient. And Thane took out Thanos like we all guessed.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by bbrem123
Hulk did nothing vs thanos. Dont see where he had a crazy feat in that arc?
Smiled off Thanos' punch and held up the weight of a star. Even though he was taken out 1st, he was the only Avenger besides Cap to come out of that main fight with any feats.

ShadowFyre
Smiled off Thanos' punch and held up the weight of a star. Even though he was taken out 1st, he was the only Avenger besides Cap to come out of that main fight with any feats.

Which is good if your a feat whore. Collecting feats to lord them over the other junkies at KMC like the last bag of dope.

Just playin. Cap stacks up feats no matter what. He doesent even have to be in the same comic. The simple fact that there is an America in marvel and that 80% of the heroes stem from it speaks for itself.

ShadowFyre
America force.

bbrem123
Smiled off Thanos' punch and held up the weight of a star. Even though he was taken out 1st, he was the only Avenger besides Cap to come out of that main fight with any feats. first off he was not smiling at all. He was rubbing his face where he was hit. People make that face to show that it hurt. You are reaching a bit for that one.

Also it says holding him down which does not mean it is an actual star falling on him. And as you can see he can do shit so. Does not mean it took that much force to keep him in check it is just what they used. Hulk looked terrible in the series get over it. Yes he has crazy feats but these are not one of them. Hulk is a great hero but some of you ruin the character with all this crap you spew out.

Epicurus
Also it says holding him down which does not mean it is an actual star falling on him. And as you can see he can do shit so. Does not mean it took that much force to keep him in check it is just what they used. Hulk looked terrible in the series get over it. Yes he has crazy feats but these are not one of them. Hulk is a great hero but some of you ruin the character with all this crap you spew out.
What? He was crouching below the weight of a star. Corvus even made it clear how that was possible, since his spear was formed from a sun that was dislocated in space-time or some such sh1t. He also partially withstood atom-slicing cuts from that very same spear. What exactly is the point that you're trying to make?

ShadowFyre
first off he was not smiling at all. He was rubbing his face where he was hit. People make that face to show that it hurt. You are reaching a bit for that one.

This is going to end with either wwh scans or wbh scans. I see it now.

ShadowFyre
How did he withstand atom slicing cuts? He got cut? How is that withstanding something? Corvus was playing with him. Thanos said "make him suffer" if he had just said "kill him" Hulk would have been decapitated.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>