Beast vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
this is beast vs blade in a fight, blade doesnt use his sword or gadgets, just H2H fight.
who wins

SamZED
Beast is stronger... But would somehow lose I think...

KingD19
Blade is strong enough to hurt him, faster, durable enough to hang, and uses weapons. So yeah, I see Beast losing more than he wins.

SamZED
Originally posted by KingD19
Blade is strong enough to hurt him, faster, durable enough to hang, and uses weapons. true, but that last part is irrelevant because of the OP.

juggernaut74
Not sure Blade would be faster.

KingD19
Oh, you're right Azula-Man.

And Blade has shown consistently that he's faster than Hank. Blade has fought Spidey(it was close to a tie I believe), speedblitzed people, reacted to a speedster(Spitfire) with ease, moved faster than even vampires can react to, etc, etc...

And he's shown he's got more than enough strength to hurt Beast.

SamZED
Azula-Man... catchy. I approve.big grin

KingD19
What can I say? I'm a people person. cool

Vanguard
Blade should be on the same level as Wolverine. But he is never written that way, or given that amount of respect.

Blade wins.

juggernaut74
Oh, you're right Azula-Man.

And Blade has shown consistently that he's faster than Hank. Blade has fought Spidey(it was close to a tie I believe), speedblitzed people, reacted to a speedster(Spitfire) with ease, moved faster than even vampires can react to, etc, etc...

And he's shown he's got more than enough strength to hurt Beast. Spider-Man did say that Blade's punches did hurt so I'd assume he'd be able to hurt Beast.

namorsubby
Pretty good match. I'd give Blade the slight nod via his blades, guns, etc.

pym-ftw
Reread the Op

Blade wins, Beast sucks

YFZ 350
Beast has a pretty good healing factor iirc.

KingD19
So does Blade. And he can force his body to heal nearly instantly, as shown when he told a newly vampire-ified Spitfire to will her hand to heal, and it did.

srankmissingnin
So does Blade. And he can force his body to heal nearly instantly, as shown when he told a newly vampire-ified Spitfire to will her hand to heal, and it did.

facepalm

Blade doesn't have a single healing factor feat. "All of their strengths, none of their weaknesses," is a movie tagline, that does not hold true in the comics. Blade doesn't have a healing factor, he can't fly and he can not turn intangible or into mist, something Marvel Vamps can do. Just because a vampire can do something doesn't give Blade an ability via some sort of transitive property. Unless he has done it, he can't do it.

On panel, Blade has had to go and get stitches for a bullet wound in his shoulder.

I'm not even going to address the absurdity of saying that Blade is faster than Beast. Drawing attention to the fact that it was said straight faced should be enough.

Mindset
Even Spiderman can heal bullet wounds.

Wtf Blade.

srankmissingnin
I think it's amusing that someone would try to imply that Blade can regrow limbs because another vampire did. We know Blade can't regrow limbs! It's been address on panel, there was an entire story arch about him getting a robotic hand from SHIELD to replace his severed appendage!

juggernaut74
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Beast has a pretty good healing factor iirc. It's about the same level as Blade's. Blade healed deep slashes mid-fight he sustained during his battle with Spitfire, he's also healed having his gut slashed open rather quickly also. He was also tough enough to stand in open flames with bare skin exposed.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It's about the same level as Blade's. Blade healed deep slashes mid-fight he sustained during his battle with Spitfire, he's also healed having his gut slashed open rather quickly also. He was also tough enough to stand in open flames with bare skin exposed.

Two instances of an artists failing to be consistent with rendering battle damage from panel to panel != proof of a healing factor. If it did Punisher would have a healing factor with dozens of feats.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Two instances of an artists failing to be consistent with rendering battle damage from panel to panel != proof of a healing factor. If it did Punisher would have a healing factor with dozens of feats. Paul Cornell specifically left notes to the artist to make sure his wounds were gone after the fight with Spitfire was done. So....no.

srankmissingnin
Paul Cornell specifically left notes to the artist to make sure his wounds were gone after the fight with Spitfire was done. So....no.

He should have put something concrete in the story, because his notes aren't canon. cool

YFZ 350
It's about the same level as Blade's. Blade healed deep slashes mid-fight he sustained during his battle with Spitfire, he's also healed having his gut slashed open rather quickly also. He was also tough enough to stand in open flames with bare skin exposed. Yea I saw those.Originally posted by juggernaut74
Paul Cornell specifically left notes to the artist to make sure his wounds were gone after the fight with Spitfire was done. So....no. Yep, I saw that also.

KingD19
I never said he could regrow limbs. I said he has a healing factor, which he has shown. Such as being visibly wounded in fights(slashes on his face, gut, being shot, and then being fine a bit later on in the story).

And Spitfire didn't regrow her hand. It was broken pretty badly along with her spine and ribs, and Blade told her to will it to heal. Like all vampires can.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/1532/prv1532_pg5.jpg
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/1532/prv1532_pg6.jpg - Blade is half vampire; so even without on panel evidence to say he has absolutely no healing factor is going against what he is.

But here.

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/Doggydogg/media/Blade%20durability/Bladebulding4.jpg.html - Blade stating he's always healed fast, and has been healing even faster lately.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/BladetortureBladev2-04-.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/Bladetorture2Bladev2-04-.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/Bladetorture4Bladev2-04-.jpg - Here Blade was literally crucified. But in a few panels the holes in his hands are gone and so it the blood.

He has a healing factor. Never said it was Wolverine powerful and he could grow back limbs, but he has one.

juggernaut74

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/Doggydogg/media/Blade%20durability/Bladebulding4.jpg.html - Blade stating he's always healed fast, and has been healing even faster lately. Interesting. I'm not sure I saw that but he had a bulding fall on him and he healed from that?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/BladetortureBladev2-04-.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/Bladetorture2Bladev2-04-.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/Bladetorture4Bladev2-04-.jpg - Here Blade was literally crucified. But in a few panels the holes in his hands are gone and so it the blood.

He has a healing factor. Never said it was Wolverine powerful and he could grow back limbs, but he has one. Never saw that either I don't think. He looks healed up to me.

srankmissingnin
I never said he could regrow limbs. I said he has a healing factor, which he has shown. Such as being visibly wounded in fights(slashes on his face, gut, being shot, and then being fine a bit later on in the story).

And Spitfire didn't regrow her hand. It was broken pretty badly along with her spine and ribs, and Blade told her to will it to heal. Like all vampires can.

- Blade is half vampire; so even without on panel evidence to say he has absolutely no healing factor is going against what he is.

But here.

- Blade stating he's always healed fast, and has been healing even faster lately.

- Here Blade was literally crucified. But in a few panels the holes in his hands are gone and so it the blood.

He has a healing factor. Never said it was Wolverine powerful and he could grow back limbs, but he has one.

Again, being visibly wounded and then being fine later in the story is not proof of a healing factor unless we are told it is or we know definitively said character has a healing factor. If it was Punisher, Batman, Nick Fury would all have healing factors because the same "evidence" being cited for Blade they have as well... only... like a lot more of it. A whole lot more.

Do we need on panel confirmation that he can't fly, turn intangible, turn into mist, control the weather or glamour people too? Or is the fact that he hasn't enough?

Blade didn't even have any powers in the second scan, other than immunity to the vampire bite he was human. Him saying he heals fast is tough guy bravado, Punisher has said the same thing and other than Deadline trying to argue for weeks that Frank had a healing factor (lawl), no one thought anything off it.

The third set of scans is from the comic I referenced early where Blade had to go and get stitches because of laceration or bullet wound. That should be a pretty clear indication of his healing abilities in said story.

YFZ 350
Interesting. I'm not sure I saw that but he had a bulding fall on him and he healed from that?
Never saw that either I don't think. He looks healed up to me. Blade withstanding those flames and the healing those gashes he received from Spitfire are better though.

wolverinos
and who do you think is physically stronger?

wolverinos
i am so disappointed.
people told me several years ago that if i want to see beast kick some ass, i should get X MEN VOL2 #27.
i didnt want to download out of respect to the nostalgia and tradition of going to a comic book store and buying the comics, nothing can replace the smell of a new comic book.
i was searching for that issue and eventually ordered it, and finally i got it but found out beast only throws into the wall a sinister who wasnt eve trying to fight the x - men.

dear old beast when will you kick some ass sad

juggernaut74
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

The third set of scans is from the comic I referenced early where Blade had to go and get stitches because of laceration or bullet wound. That should be a pretty clear indication of his healing abilities in said story. I've seen Logan need a Band-Aid after giving a blood sample. Just saying.

maxivitopowe
I've seen Logan need a Band-Aid after giving a blood sample. Just saying.
Dafuq.has that got to do with anything

Trackz
Beast routinely gets beat down by people he's well within his strength to beat.

Blade does heal at an accelerated rate and he should take this, a lot of it has to do with Beast's physical ineptitude though.

LeonBuco666
Blade wins by default of being the biggest badass in the marvel u

Bentley
Blade would beat most X-men characters in hand to hand evil face

deathslash
Blade takes this in a good fight. Hasn't he matched spider-man in hand to hand?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.