Kyle Rayner vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

curryman
1 - Classic Savage Hulk
2 - Current Savage Hulk

BFR is only an option after 2 hours have passed.

They fight in Manhattan

quanchi112
Hulk stomps.

Zack Fair
Kyle stomps classic
Get stomped by current?

Not really sure, but 2 hours limit?

That sucks. No one wants to be in a 2 hour fight with Hulk.

Blair Wind
Don't see why this isn't an option for Kyle to use on someone like Hulk:

http://i41.tinypic.com/b88ciw.jpg

curryman
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Kyle stomps classic
Get stomped by current?

Not really sure, but 2 hours limit?

That sucks. No one wants to be in a 2 hour fight with Hulk.

The idea is that he can knock him out stick out tongue

Want a fight where he doesn't resort to BFR right away.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Blair Wind

http://i41.tinypic.com/b88ciw.jpg thumb up

Completely forgot about that.

LoL Kyle is the best GL.

janus77
Hulk crushes constructs, gives Kyle aneurysm, for the swift win.

Zack Fair
How will he crush a construct specifically designed to tool his efforts?

janus77
How will he crush a construct specifically designed to tool his efforts?
The same way he normally deals with shields/fields designed to redirect/channel his energies against him.

Also, Hulk amps exponentially so there's little likelihood that Kyle has the power to do anything to contain that kind of aggressive expansion in energy output.

Zack Fair
So basically Hulk smash because Hulk smash.

Gotcha.

janus77
So basically Hulk smash because Hulk smash.

Gotcha.
Unless you think HE, Gardener and various other trans-levellers and their shields and energy forcefields are weaker than Kyle's constructs?

Savage Hulk busted them pretty easily, even when others (the other Defenders/Avengers/heralds) could not.

Also, as I said, he amps exponentially, the more pissed off he gets, the exponentially more power he brings to the next barrage.

Is Kyle somehow capable of limitless energy absorption through his constructs?

Blair Wind
Kyle handled a black hole, an exploding sun, and the big bang. He can't handle the Hulk?

curryman
Kyle handled a black hole, an exploding sun, and the big bang. He can't handle the Hulk?

I feel like he shouldn't have to either.

Just surround him in a ball of gel or rubber or something while the gamma energy's being converted.

janus77
Pretty much.

Hulk >>> The Power Of A Million Exploding Suns.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
Pretty much.

Hulk >>> The Power Of A Million Exploding Suns. Sentry/Void>>>Hulk.

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry/Void>>>Hulk.
Not according to Marvel, but you have your own comics smile.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by curryman
I feel like he shouldn't have to either.

Just surround him in a ball of gel or rubber or something while the gamma energy's being converted.

Exactly. Not a hard construct. A soft stretchy shield around him. Physical effort converted to sound + gamma energy being drained.

curryman
Exactly. Not a hard construct. A soft stretchy shield around him. Physical effort converted to sound + gamma energy being drained.
Sure Kyle could whip up some anti-grav field in there while he's at it, but he probably doesn't have feats that are THAT specific, making it a tough sell.

Though a lot of people won't buy into any strategy beyond Kyle physically fighting the Hulk....

janus77
And this would work because nobody's tried gamma draining current Hulk and using his energies against him?

Archeddon tried to redirect his energies against him, only Hulk powered through.

Unless you're hypothesising something akin to Adamantium with rubber properties... There's nothing that KYLE can bring to the table, in terms of shields/constructs, that Hulk cannot smash.

And even Adamantium is not going to last, as even at weaker (Nul) levels, he ripped through adamantium.

tkitna
This argument that the Hulk wins just because he's the Hulk is tiresome. Kyle should have more then plenty of ways to win.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by curryman
Sure Kyle could whip up some anti-grav field in there while he's at it, but he probably doesn't have feats that are THAT specific, making it a tough sell.

Though a lot of people won't buy into any strategy beyond Kyle physically fighting the Hulk....

I'm almost positive Kyle has a feat of that nature. He put hundreds of aliens in green bubbles - not sure if they couldn't touch them or not - but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Well, it's the Hulk. Hulk smash and all that shit.

janus77
Originally posted by tkitna
This argument that the Hulk wins just because he's the Hulk is tiresome. Kyle should have more then plenty of ways to win.
You find reasoning to be a tiring activity?
confused

Hulk wins because he is that frigging powerful. And he usually kicks it up a level when necessary. As in current Hulk taking out 1000x amped characters and shrugging off "Thor Level" weapons like they were flash-bang grenades.

Constructs aren't cutting it, just because they work against someone far weaker than Hulk doesn't mean they can hope to cope with his insane energy output.

Also, what's to stop Hulk from just ThunderClapping and creating a Gamma AoE that obliterates Kyle instantly?

janus77
Well, it's the Hulk. Hulk smash and all that shit.
It's not like closing your eyes to the truth and wishing real hard is any better an argument now, is it?

Kyle is not containing Hulk with his constructs, better - FAR BETTER - men have tried and failed.

You might as well say "Kyle wins because he has a ring that makes pretty constructs". Actually, that is what you are saying.

Mindset
Kyle throws Hulk his ring.

Then he breaks Hulk's neck like a twig and punts him into space.

carver9
I agree with Mindset.

Zack Fair
Kyle imagines an eraser and deletes Hulk from existence.

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
I agree with Mindset. I'm so proud of you right now.

janus77
Hulk punches Kyle in the ring, then resets DC's clock (yet again) and wipes off Kyles innards on SBP's cold dead chest.

carver9
Kyle imagines an eraser and deletes Hulk from existence.

Stop it.

-Pr-
Guys, either post properly, or don't post at all.

Golgo13
Kyle.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, either post properly, or don't post at all. thumb up

Zack Fair
Originally posted by carver9
Stop it. He is a comic book artist after all 131

janus77
He is a comic book artist after all 131
Rob Liefeld? confused

abhilegend
Kyle wins. Current hulk isn't that impressive and Janus is talking about WB hulk mostly.

ODG
Kyle's no Surfer. He loses both matchups.

Mainly, because it's the same matchup. "Classic" Savage Hulk isn't any different from "current" Savage Hulk, unless you're the type to parse superficial technicalities.

Mindset
Originally posted by ODG
Kyle's no Surfer. I agree, he isn't a dickless queer.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
I agree, he isn't a dickless queer. Originally posted by Mindset
thumb up

ODG
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail03.jpg

Golgo13
Originally posted by Mindset
I agree, he isn't a dickless queer.

Amen to that, brotha!

janus77
Originally posted by Golgo13
Amen to that, brotha!
Don't you mean husband/uncle?

oh, wait yeah, brother too ... You guys love to poke your rings no

Golgo13
Don't you mean husband/uncle?

oh, wait yeah, brother too ... You guys love to poke your rings no

Nope.

janus77
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nope.
Clearly the memories are deeply buried and strongly repressed yes.

Do you feel strangely weak whenever you see a green ring?

Golgo13
Clearly the memories are deeply buried and strongly repressed yes.

Do you feel strangely weak whenever you see a green ring?

Nope.

-Pr-
Kyle beats classic, imo.
Current is tougher, but Kyle can still win, I think.

Blair Wind
Kyle beats classic, imo.
Current is tougher, but Kyle will still win, I think.

thumb up

Brockalizer

http://i41.tinypic.com/b88ciw.jpg 'm about 99% sure that someone has tried something like that before and failed. Can't remeber who though.

Hulk smash.

Mindset
Kyle beats classic, imo.
Current is tougher, but Kyle can still win, I think. Originally posted by Blair Wind
thumb up

Brockalizer
Originally posted by tkitna
This argument that the Hulk wins just because he's the Hulk is tiresome. Kyle should have more then plenty of ways to win. True, Hulk could forfeit, or Hulk-out to the point that he reverts back to Banner. One solitary Lantern ring, even in the hands of Kyle Rayner, with the possible exeption of Sodom Yat, who could possibly do it without the ring, is gonna find the Hulk a tall order. Give Kyle the Ion power and things would be significantly different.

Blair Wind
Sodom Yat is the weakest excuse for a character. He should be Superman + Lantern + Ion. He ends up being less useful than Salaak.

Kyle wins this. He's not just a Green Lantern, he has all the powers of the corps currently.

Brockalizer
Sodom Yat is the weakest excuse for a character. He should be Superman + Lantern + Ion. He ends up being less useful than Salaak. Agreed, and in a comic he would lose badly, but in a forum match his Daxamite physiology should be enough to at least make things interesting.

curryman
Sodom Yat is the weakest excuse for a character. He should be Superman + Lantern + Ion. He ends up being less useful than Salaak.

Kyle wins this. He's not just a Green Lantern, he has all the powers of the corps currently.
In Sodam's defense, Salaak is pretty awesome smile

Mindset
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Agreed, and in a comic he would lose badly, but in a forum match his Daxamite physiology should be enough to at least make things interesting. In a forum match we still only use comic feats.

janus77
And feats that we can get away with making up confused.

Golgo13
Kyle beats classic, imo.
Current is tougher, but Kyle can still win, I think.

thumb up

mighty adam
Kyle beats both hulks. I think Kyle can lame hulk out SF guile style for 2 hours then bfr to Alaska. Kyle is versatile enough and powerful enough to put the hulk down for the count.

krisblaze
Interesting

Bentley
Kyle beats the crap out of Hulk with a Ben Grimm construct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.