*Nods to TheHulk* Wolverine vs Aliens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Lets say Logan's dropped in the middle of the location of a pyrimid swarming with aliens, and a queen, and has to fight his way out.

Can he make it?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by cdtm
Lets say Logan's dropped in the middle of the location of a pyrimid swarming with aliens, and a queen, and has to fight his way out.

Can he make it? No.

LeonBuco666
As in, ridley scotts aliens?

Galan007
With just his claws and badass attitude? No way in hell.

cdtm
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
As in, ridley scotts aliens?

The same.

Zack Fair
He is screwed. He will take his fair share of aliens, but his adamantium claws will be a double edged sword. He will cut through them like butter, but the acid will **** him up and the aliens will overwhelm him.

CosmicComet
He should clear it easily.

By feats, none of them are fast enough to hit him if he doesn't want to be hit.

Zack Fair
lol

Anyways I am assuming this is what cdtm had in mind:

uqhWDgo40o0

If thats the case I don't see how Logan can pull it off.

LeonBuco666
How are the aliens going to hurt him, they cant he can regenerated from amything they throw at him, hss faster and a better predator, he flys through is lots an lots of colours

SevenShackles

Galan007
Dozens/hundreds/thousands of Aliens would all be flaying Wolvie with their tails, and further damaging him with their inner jaws. Then factor in that if/when Wolvie slashes away at the Aliens, he's going to get flesh-dissolving acid all over him.

Can he regen from the above? Sure. However, under the right conditions the Aliens can continuously damage Wolvie long enough to constitute a forum win, imo.

carver9
Can't see Wolverine winning this.

curryman
Wolverine's already cleared similar circumstances twice.

I imagine it would be similar to Drax' fight with the annihilation wave, only Wolverine is less durable but can recover.

Galan007
I'm imagining the horde of Xenomorphs in this thread to be like it was in the AvP flashback scene:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16428612_1.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16428613_2.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16428614_3.jpg

...And I just cannot possibly imagine Wolverine overcoming that many Xenomorphs. I can't imagine him killing even a small fraction of that horde, tbh.

LeonBuco666
Once again, wolvie wins

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm imagining the horde of Xenomorphs in this thread to be like it was in the AvP flashback scene:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16428612_1.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16428613_2.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16428614_3.jpg

...And I just cannot possibly imagine Wolverine overcoming that many Xenomorphs. I can't imagine him killing even a small fraction of that horde, tbh.

you mean the one zack linked to like four posts above yours?

Galan007
laughing out loud I didn't even see that.

But yeah, that one. thumb up

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud I didn't even see that.

But yeah, that one. thumb up

laughing

SevenShackles
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Once again, wolvie wins
At what levels do you see his healing factor operating? Like during civil war vs Nitro?

Mindship
The xenos eventually overwhelm Logan, and when he seems good and dead, they leave, thinking they've won. But unless they lick every cell off his bones, he eventually regenerates, rolls a jungle-leaf cigar and says, "Not as bad as I thought it would be."

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindship
The xenos eventually overwhelm Logan, and when he seems good and dead, they leave, thinking they've won. But unless they lick every cell off his bones, he eventually regenerates, rolls a jungle-leaf cigar and says, "Not as bad as I thought it would be." What happens if they put a face hugger on him?

Mindship
Originally posted by Newjak
What happens if they put a face hugger on him? The chestburster better aim well when it's time to break out. Otherwise it's gonna ricochet off his sternum.

curryman
He resisted the brood queen's eggs well enough.

cdtm
Originally posted by SevenShackles
At what levels do you see his healing factor operating? Like during civil war vs Nitro?

The funny thing, is that insanely high end showing happens side by side with Namor one shot KOing him. smile

JayDaDon
Can logans healing factor get taxed out like the Hulk's?

curryman
The funny thing, is that insanely high end showing happens side by side with Namor one shot KOing him. smile

Namor and Wolverine had been fighting...

Namor went down, got back up and knocked out Wolverine.

That's hardly a one-shot KO.

Nor is it relevant since no Alien could ever muster up the amount of physical force that a pissed off Namor has.

wolverinos
Originally posted by curryman

Nor is it relevant since no Alien could ever muster up the amount of physical force that a pissed off Namor has.

context .... roll eyes (sarcastic)
namor knocked out wolverine only after he cheap shotted him with a punch to the back of his head.
other than that namor never took wolverine out with 1 strike.

maxivitopowe
How would someone like a landlocked Thor do I wonder?

JayDaDon
Thor could jst sweep them up in tornados or rain down lightning from the sky

Inhuman
not to start another thread but...
How many "wolf" level predators (elite warriors) would it take to take out logan?

3? 5? 10? more?

http://i.imgur.com/w1tveCI.jpg

pic related. its "The Wolf" , Holding 2 xenos like it aint no thing

Bentley
If the Xenos manage to facehug Wolverine, the resulting Alien would have Logan's healing factor. Then Wolvie would be officially screwed.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Inhuman
not to start another thread but...
How many "wolf" level predators (elite warriors) would it take to take out logan?

3? 5? 10? more?

http://i.imgur.com/w1tveCI.jpg

pic related. its "The Wolf" , Holding 2 xenos like it aint no thing Wolf can probably do it solo.

JayDaDon
AVPR really did pay back the Preds for the injustice they suffered in the first film

bluewaterrider
1) I thought originally "What kind of aliens?", too.
Wolverine wouldn't last very long if the answer was "Daxamites" or "Kryptonians", for instance ...

2) I don't understand the "nod to Hulk" mentioned at the top. Did Hulk do something similar in one of his books?

3) Gotta give this one to Wolverine UNLESS the O.P. is forcing something insane like the Queen HOLDING Wolverine in place for the others to impregnate him or something of the like.

Wolverine has enough strength to handle individual warriors and a lot of endurance. He could swing one by the tail and clear space for himself. If allowed even a FRACTION of the supposed battle experience, resourcefulness, and intelligence he's displayed or attributed in the X-Men comics, he would easily reason out that the aliens hides protect THEM from acid blood, all he would need do is use part of of their very large skulls or hides as a shield for himself to reduce damage.

That Queen's a problem, though ...

Zack Fair
Numbers is the problem.

He is screwed.

cdtm
Originally posted by curryman

You and Wolverio's are both wrong, but I'll address you since, well.... *Zips lip*

Your points of correct. But mine was simply that a pissed off Namor would never have been able to KO Wolverine if his HF was as good as it looked against Nitro. (Well, that and I was sort of deconstructing the "Even Hulk can't KO Wolverine" argument, but that's a side perk). No one could KO someone with a hf that ridiculous.

Wolverine would be better then The Shaggy Man/General. Obviously, his Nitro showing isn't indicative of how good his HF is, and was an over the top high end outlier.

curryman
^I agree.

Ash_J_Williams
The facehuggers beat him alone. They impregnate him, and then a small alien munches on his insides while Wolvie keeps passing out. Finally one day he implodes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by JayDaDon
AVPR really did pay back the Preds for the injustice they suffered in the first film

The only good thing about AVP:R.

StyleTime
You and Wolverio's are both wrong, but I'll address you since, well.... *Zips lip*

Your points of correct. But mine was simply that a pissed off Namor would never have been able to KO Wolverine if his HF was as good as it looked against Nitro. (Well, that and I was sort of deconstructing the "Even Hulk can't KO Wolverine" argument, but that's a side perk). No one could KO someone with a hf that ridiculous.

Wolverine would be better then The Shaggy Man/General. Obviously, his Nitro showing isn't indicative of how good his HF is, and was an over the top high end outlier.
Not quite, as Wolverine's healing factor slows down the more damage dealt. Wolverine got blown up by Nitro, then fought Janus, then fought Namor. The toll this took on his healing factor was mentioned in-story. Namor basically sucker punched a weakened Wolverine that still managed to fight him for a time. Spinning this as a one-shot KO instance is silly, and it doesn't contradict the Nitro showing at all. If anything, the Nitro feat is strengthened by subsequent events.

Also, who said Hulk can't KO Wolverine? He could do that with or without the Nitro feat.

Shabazz916
will wolverine get away yes.. he isnt dumb he will not fight all of them he will fight the 1s he need to to escape

JayDaDon
How will he do that? He would be surrounded by pretty much an ocean of aliens.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by JayDaDon
How will he do that? He would be surrounded by pretty much an ocean of aliens.

No, poster of the thread specified a pyramid.
Zack clarified with a horde of aliens scaling the outside walls, combatant presumably atop the pyramid (Wolverine), poster of the thread did not dispute.

So you've essentially got a house of cards structure waiting for Logan to strategically topple at various points and make it down the outside walls and out to safety. THAT I can see him do, especially given he's cut his way through the steel hulls of cargo ships and the like decades before now.

He's definitely got to play it careful, though ...

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
lol

Anyways I am assuming this is what cdtm had in mind:

uqhWDgo40o0

If thats the case I don't see how Logan can pull it off.

Well this is what I had in mind from what the OP said. He hasn't really clarified so I figured this was the scenario he meant, which is pretty much an ocean of aliens rising up towards the pyramid.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime

Also, who said Hulk can't KO Wolverine? He could do that with or without the Nitro feat.

You don't remember those happy fun threads where certain posters argued Logan can tank Hulk level punches? Thor w/o Mjolnir or exotic powers vs Logan, was one of them, I believe.

ODG
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
No, poster of the thread specified a pyramid.
Zack clarified with a horde of aliens scaling the outside walls, combatant presumably atop the pyramid (Wolverine), poster of the thread did not dispute.

So you've essentially got a house of cards structure waiting for Logan to strategically topple at various points and make it down the outside walls and out to safety. THAT I can see him do, especially given he's cut his way through the steel hulls of cargo ships and the like decades before now.

He's definitely got to play it careful, though ... Pyramids aren't exactly houses of cards... that can be toppled by snikity-snikts... confused

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ODG
Pyramids aren't exactly houses of cards... that can be toppled by snikity-snikts... confused

I'm not sure you understand how powerful Wolverine's "snikity-snikts" actually ARE when he uses them strategically.

Then again, it's far from clear you realize how capable and deadly Wolverine can be WITHOUT his claws, either.

Here, let's start you off with the following.
I can't find the showing of Wolverine slashing open the hull of that ship mentioned before to make the point. (Think that happened in the "Bloody Choices" arc? I don't have it at the moment, though.)

But I did find the following, relevant because Wolverine will certainly be able to find fair amounts of debris in the type of Central American pyramid we've seen in the scans presented so far in this thread:

carver9
If the OP didn't specify where the battle is taking place then we go by the rules which means it will be in a featureless environment. Its going to be nothing but aliens and Wolverine which means he is surrounded, no where to hide.

bluewaterrider
There's also the following to go with that scene.

Note I am NOT suggesting Wolverine is going to be pulling trees out of our pyramid, rather that he has the strength to pick up extremely heavy objects, objects too heavy for all but the strongest men in the world, arguably, and swing them around and manipulate them as if they were merely large baseballs and bats.

carver9
He did state its on the pyramid. Where is Logan running to?

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by carver9
If the OP didn't specify where the battle is taking place then we go by the rules which means it will be in a featureless environment. Its going to be nothing but aliens and Wolverine which means he is surrounded, no where to hide.

The original poster DID specify where the battle is taking place, though.

Right in his very first post:

Lets say Logan's dropped in the middle of the location of a pyrimid swarming with aliens, and a queen, and has to fight his way out ...

carver9

bluewaterrider

Judging from the pictures presented OF the aliens climbing the pyramids in those pictures, to the outside jungle.

At which point, he'll have options to do stuff like this ...

bluewaterrider
He is screwed. He will take his fair share of aliens, but his adamantium claws will be a double edged sword. He will cut through them like butter, but the acid will **** him up and the aliens will overwhelm him.

Having alluded to one of his many skirmishes with Rogue, it might be a good time to point out that claws are not the only thing Wolverine can fight with, even assuming NO other available resources, which ISN'T actually the case in this scenario match-up.

Nothing was said about Wolverine needing to KILL each and every enemy.
Merely fight his way to safety.

He certainly doesn't need to rely solely on his claws to achieve THAT much, not if the strength level he displays here is any indication:

carver9
Blue,

He is at the "middle" of the temple. How in the world is he getting past all of those aliens? He cant flying and he isn't leaping like the Hulk. Lol, and a tree isn't stopping thousands of Aliens, especially if he is surrounded. OMG. I'm a Wolverine fan and I wouldn't think twice about him winning this.

bluewaterrider
Blue,

He is at the "middle" of the temple. How in the world is he getting past all of those aliens? He cant flying and he isn't leaping like the Hulk. Lol, and a tree isn't stopping thousands of Aliens, especially if he is surrounded. OMG. I'm a Wolverine fan and I wouldn't think twice about him winning this.

My understanding, based on the clips and pictures shown, is that Wolverine is at the top of this pyramid and merely trying to figure out someway to eventually get himself down to the bottom and away to safety.

That I believe he can do, namely because his strength is a lot greater than most people realize, he is NOT limited to fighting solely with his claws, the aliens do NOT individually (with the exception of that Queen) have strength dwarfing or even equalling his own, and he has decades of fighting experience to draw on.

Add to that the imagination he's shown in battles, speed that borders on the superhuman, adamantium claws, AND a healing factor that could endure Nitro's blast and come back to win ...

Yeah, I think he could do it. The strategic Wolverine introduced to me in the X-Men comics at least. Don't know about the one from the movies ...

Branlor Swift
Wolverine heals a shoulder canon that shoots adamantium claws out with the piercing force of a fastball special

That takes out like a couple hundred right there.

Then he leaps 50 feet in the air over the remainders

ODG
I'm not sure you understand how powerful Wolverine's "snikity-snikts" actually ARE when he uses them strategically.

Then again, it's far from clear you realize how capable and deadly Wolverine can be WITHOUT his claws, either.

Here, let's start you off with the following.
I can't find the showing of Wolverine slashing open the hull of that ship mentioned before to make the point. (Think that happened in the "Bloody Choices" arc? I don't have it at the moment, though.)

But I did find the following, relevant because Wolverine will certainly be able to find fair amounts of debris in the type of Central American pyramid we've seen in the scans presented so far in this thread: I can't follow your train of thought at all. A pyramid isn't a house of cards. It's just a gargantuan pile of stone blocks stacked on top of each other. It's not like there are load-bearing support beams he can conveniently topple that will make a section of the pyramid crumble.

Wolverine trying to cut pieces of pyramid blocks, so he can kick em at the xenomorphs strikes me as a completely wasted effort.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ODG
I can't follow your train of thought at all. A pyramid isn't a house of cards. It's just a gargantuan pile of stone blocks stacked on top of each other. It's not like there are load-bearing support beams he can conveniently topple that will make a section of the pyramid crumble.

Wolverine trying to cut pieces of pyramid blocks, so he can kick em at the xenomorphs strikes me as a completely wasted effort.

1) Pyramids have interior rooms, so they can't be solid stone all the way through, as you seem to think.

2) You don't follow the train of thought because you're not trying to accomplish the main objective, which is to have Wolverine intelligently make his way to safety. It is NOT, as someone earlier pointed out, to have Wolverine try to kill every last one of a thousand or more aliens. He fights only what he needs to in order to get out alive.

3) I'm guessing you imagine Wolverine does the stone-cutting and kicking I'm alluding to at a snail's pace. Most people, not knowing how fast and strong Wolverine is, hardly to mention how sharp those claws are, might assume the same thing. But Wolverine has performed actions of that sort so swiftly that even Angel could not match his speed. Observe:

Branlor Swift
Wolverine flips the whole pyramid over on the aliens with a couple well placed slashes and some dumpster tossing strength

bluewaterrider
It's worth pointing out that, though it is not one of his official powers, or even something he is famous for, Wolverine DOES have many, many instances where he displays leaps that easily cover 15 feet or more.

Search the word "superleap" on the page this link takes you too:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=486007&pagenumber=1

ODG
1) Pyramids have interior rooms, so they can't be solid stone all the way through, as you seem to think.

2) You don't follow the train of thought because you're not trying to accomplish the main objective, which is to have Wolverine intelligently make his way to safety. It is NOT, as someone earlier pointed out, to have Wolverine try to kill every last one of a thousand or more aliens. He fights only what he needs to in order to get out alive.

3) I'm guessing you imagine Wolverine does the stone-cutting and kicking I'm alluding to at a snail's pace. Most people, not knowing how fast and strong Wolverine is, hardly to mention how sharp those claws are, might assume the same thing. But Wolverine has performed actions of that sort so swiftly that even Angel could not match his speed. Observe: Why are you even assuming he's inside the pyramid? And pyramids are nearly solid structures. Look it up. There aren't any load-bearing columns to collapse or a huge hollowed spaces for a ceiling to cave in. At best, there are a few narrow corridors and small rooms.

As far as I can understand, you're just writing tangential gibberish to rationalize your continuing habit of posting/preserving single scans via KMC servers. My advice: get a photobucket account.

carver9
Lol

bluewaterrider
mmm

The link above is actually a URL, isn't it ...?

Well, no matter ... you guys know how to copy and paste web addresses well enough.

In the meantime, another option outside of slashing limbs and heads for Wolvy to take out any single alien. Note that Wolverine has apparently done stuff like this in the time it takes you to clap your hands together twice.

carver9
Blue,

Look at how Many aliens are in that scan and compare the number to the enemies in your scan. He is surrounded, there is no room to do any of the things you are pointing out.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ODG
Why are you even assuming he's inside the pyramid? And pyramids are nearly solid structures. Look it up. There aren't any load-bearing columns to collapse or a huge hollowed spaces for a ceiling to cave in. At best, there are a few narrow corridors and small rooms.

As far as I can understand, you're just writing tangential gibberish to rationalize your continuing habit of posting/preserving single scans via KMC servers. My advice: get a photobucket account.

I wasn't assuming he's inside the pyramid.
I was actually assuming he was outside.

That's why I've been focusing on the strength, the speed, the leaping, the cutting and hurling of projectiles. Everything focused on a snowball, or slalom run or "any means necessary" method of getting Wolverine down from the apex of that pyramid to the base in a hurry and running for safety.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ODG

pyramids are nearly solid structures. Look it up. There aren't any load-bearing columns to collapse or a huge hollowed spaces for a ceiling to cave in. At best, there are a few narrow corridors and small rooms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxiYMMosbE
Hidden Planet - Part 2/2 - Inside the Pyramid of Giza
(6 min 59 sec)

ODG
I wasn't assuming he's inside the pyramid.
I was actually assuming he was outside.

That's why I've been focusing on the strength, the speed, the leaping, the cutting and hurling of projectiles. Everything focused on a snowball, or slalom run or "any means necessary" method of getting Wolverine down from the apex of that pyramid to the base in a hurry and running for safety. Wolverine cutting a stone slab to kick onto a xenomorph is a complete waste of time and effort. He might as well just slice a xenomorph and kick its corpse onto another xenomorph. And this pretense you're trying to set up so you can post random scans is wasted effort too. You might as well just act like that poster, Fanboy, who has a habit of awkwardly posting scans with one word descriptions in the Character Ownage thread. Originally posted by bluewaterrider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxiYMMosbE
Hidden Planet - Part 2/2 - Inside the Pyramid of Giza
(6 min 59 sec) Try actually watching the video before assuming it lends any credence to your absolutely misinformed opinions. The entire video just shows how few, and how small and narrow the corridors and rooms are within a pyramid's structure.

Zack Fair
God kills a kitten every time blue posts a cropped scan.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ODG
Wolverine cutting a stone slab to kick onto a xenomorph is a complete waste of time and effort.

Proof?

Originally posted by ODG
He might as well just slice a xenomorph and kick its corpse onto another xenomorph.

One big reason to use stones is to avoid cutting the monsters and avoid that damaging blood splashing mentioned earlier. There are other ways to do it, but this is one based on his actions in the comics.

Originally posted by ODG
And this pretense you're trying to set up so you can post random scans is wasted effort too. You might as well just act like that poster, Fanboy, who has a habit of awkwardly posting scans with one word descriptions in the Character Ownage thread.

Wolverine isn't a favorite character. Or even a character I like.
There's no pretense here, despite what you may think.

Originally posted by ODG
Try actually watching the video before assuming it lends any credence to your absolutely misinformed opinions. The entire video just shows how few, and how small and narrow the corridors and rooms are within a pyramid's structure.

I did watch the video.

If the corridors are small and narrow, that HELPS Wolverine's chances, for it limits the number of aliens that can try to surround him. In fact, if the corridors are small and narrow enough, they have to come for him more or less singly and need to push past the bodies of their fallen comrades. Wolverine should last indefinitely under those circumstances, given that even 20 years ago he demonstrated the ability to last for hours fighting against people as high level as Omega Red without falling out.

Branlor Swift
You know how during supper you sometimes get irrationally mad and flip the table over?

Well imagine Wolverine doing that... To the entire pyramid.

Those aliens get splattered

bluewaterrider
Blue,

Look at how many aliens are in that scan and compare the number to the enemies in your scan. He is surrounded, there is no room to do any of the things you are pointing out.

The actual path one being can take down the pyramid is relatively narrow, Carver.

Despite however many numbers of aliens there are, there is a limit to the number that can actually attack Wolverine at once. He only has to deal with a small fraction of what you see if his only goal is to make it down alive and get to safety.

StyleTime
You don't remember those happy fun threads where certain posters argued Logan can tank Hulk level punches? Thor w/o Mjolnir or exotic powers vs Logan, was one of them, I believe.
You may have misunderstood them. Wolverine can take their punches, but they can still knock him out with enough hits. A one-shot isn't likely though, and that's what people are usually saying when they argue for Wolverine's healing/durability.

If they really thought Hulk can't KO him, then lol @ them.

abhilegend
God kills a kitten every time blue posts a cropped scan.
laughing out loud

asdf83
Even if he does insanely well and just starts slaughtering them, he'll be bathed in their acid blood, leaving him nothing more than a smoldering adamantium skeleton. Not sure if he would even get the chance to regenerate if all the aliens stand around and start gnawing on him whenever his flesh starts growing back.

Zack Fair
The odds are ridiculously stacked against Logan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.